The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Olivia’s House

Chapter 22 — An Easy Victory, and Changing Roles

I bet we got a few odd looks as we walked back home that day. Well, Alex always did, and I was never sure how many of the people staring were entranced by her gorgeous body, or how many had simply found their attention drawn in by the unorthodox styling of her homemade outfits. Today, however, I was pretty sure that it was the clothes grabbing everyone’s attention. She was wearing something that looked like a cross between a fairytale princess and some kind of multi-layered toga. Outside the theatre, she had been just another thespian taking a break without changing out of costume, but on the way home it seemed like she was turning every head along the way. I wasn’t quite sure whether I liked so many eyes being on me, I’d never been much of an exhibitionist, but she seemed to love the attention and I loved her. So I was smiling all the way home, even when we had to go the long way around to avoid getting that lovely new dress snagged on branches in the woods.

“Hey Livvy,” our friend Kiva King was in the foyer when we got home, “Nice dress, was today your practical exam?”

“Yeah,” Alex did a twirl as she answered, and the spiral of fabric wrapped around her sprung free to spread out across the marble tiles, “What do you think?”

“Wow,” it looked like Kiva was just as taken aback as all the people on the street, but she didn’t feel the need to feign disapproval. Though it was unconventional, it was a really beautiful dress and a work of art, and she babbled enthusiastically as she ran her hands over the soft fabric and tried to look at my lover’s creation from every angle. “We’ll have to get some pictures, and Jules too! This deserves to go in the photo album.”

“Is Jules back yet? She left before us, so we should ask her to get dressed up. We did promise Olivia a little fashion show, to make up for all the time we couldn’t spend together while I worked on this.”

“Don’t know, I’ve not seen her,” Kiva shrugged, “Maybe.” Then her best friend Britney appeared down the stairs, and Kiva put her hand to her mouth, “Oh, not now, though, you’ll have to show me later. Me and Brit are going shopping tonight, maybe help her pick out a dress.” She winked, as if to indicate there was some open secret in this agenda, but I didn’t catch what she meant. I was too busy realising that I still couldn’t look Britney in the eye, having slept with her fiancé only a couple of weeks ago. For all we’d promised ourselves it was a one-off, and we’d never even think about something like that happening again, there was still an awkwardness in the air. I only hoped Britney and Alex couldn’t sense it, because that was one piece of history I’d rather see erased completely.

“Oh, awesome!” Britney squealed, “Got to dash though, see you around, you can tell me how it went!” and then she was gone, bustling out of the house and down the wide, marble steps towards a waiting taxi.

“Wow,” I shrugged as they headed out, “They’re pretty dressed up to go shopping, this store must be something special.”

“Maybe they’ll be taking you shopping one of these days,” Alex grinned, “Though I guess that might be a little more complicated.” I laughed and smiled along with her as we climbed the stairs, but as we got to the room I couldn’t take it any more.

“Okay, I know I’m being dumb. But what am I missing here? Where are they really going?” I was sure I should know, everyone’s body language was screaming that the whole ‘shopping’ thing was some kind of inside joke, but either I’d completely missed the cues or I wasn’t on the inside for this one. I guess it was the latter, because she turned and stared at me in surprise. I didn’t know which student had done an awesome job on her makeup today, but her eyes looked wider than I’d ever seen before.

“You’re joking, right?” I shook my head and she continued, “Dress shopping, as in, her wedding dress. Right? You know what a big deal that is?” I guess the shock must have been really obvious from my expression, because Alex stopped cold.

“Oh crap, you didn’t hear?” she started to babble, but I couldn’t have spoken even if I’d had time to get a word in, “Britney told us when we were watching Ultimatum Gate last week, I think you had work or something,” at least her tact was still there; glossing over the fact that I couldn’t understand my partners’ fascination with obscure science fiction movies, “But I assumed she’d told you some other time. It’s kind of a secret, she’s got Kiva helping out with the organisation, and she’ll need the moral support whenever her old college friends say she deserves better. Maybe she forgot you weren’t there, she did have a couple of drinks that night, I’m sure she meant to tell you. But it doesn’t go outside the house, right? They want to surprise all his family who thought they’d never really go through with it. And Master too, it’s girls only, right?” I just nodded, feeling completely numb.

I should be happy for my friend. Hell, I should be happy for my friends. They were both great people, and I wished them all the happiness in the world. But they’d been engaged for more than a year now and never shown any sign of wanting to get married. I could imagine so many different scenarios I didn’t want to think of them in.

“I’ve cheated on my fiancée, I need to prove that I’m still serious, do something really romantic…” I couldn’t imagine Marten saying it, but it could so easily be the way his mind worked.

“We’ve set the date, this is really happening!” he was the kind of guy you’d expect to freak out, but was he the kind to respond to any threat of commitment with one last crazy fling? As much as I didn’t even want to think it, that was something I’d be able to believe too.

Just deciding that they’d been together long enough, and they were ready to take the next step? That one, to me, was a lot harder to believe. I wanted to think that he’d grown up, that they were going to be happy for life, and that what had happened between us was just a one-off coincidence that didn’t have to mean anything. It was hard, but I had to keep telling myself it could be true.

I took the excuse of fixing a couple of drinks for us when we got back into our room, in the hope it would be easier to change the topic after a brief break. This place was really starting to feel like home now, though there were still a few boxes below the window that we hadn’t got around to unpacking. We’d started out picking one room for me and another for Alex, so we didn’t have to admit our relationship to our parents. But now, we had a double bed in ‘my’ room, and the other had turned into a kind of lounge. We had both wardrobes in the bedroom, though it had been more than a week after we moved in that Jim and Marten finally got organised enough to do the heavy lifting. Now I had a perfect hiding place for things I wanted to surprise Alex with, and she seemed as amazed as I’d hoped.

“Your theatrical debut,” I grinned, and poured her a glass of champagne. I wouldn’t have been surprised if she spent some time searching for secret cupboards or hidden panels after I appeared with a large bottle that couldn’t have fitted in my bag. One of the things we were experimenting with as a game between Mistress and pet was not allowing me privacy, so the little flat had no cupboard or drawer solely for my use; privacy was a luxury it thrilled me to surrender. And yet such a large bottle, there was nowhere I could have concealed it except behind the television. The room that we’d initially designated as hers had a fitted bed, where the floor was higher than the rest of the room to allow for one corner of the high-ceilinged library downstairs. We had taken off the mattress and used the raised platform to put a television on for when we wanted to entertain guests, but I think it had only been me who noticed that anything placed behind the TV wouldn’t be visible from the door. I guess that was the kind of mindgame Jules loved so much; hidden in plain sight in the middle of a table, and relying on her to only look from the one direction where the TV obscured it.

She looked at the bottle in surprise, but didn’t say anything right now. Instead she raised the glass to her lips and tipped it back ever so slowly, drawing out the moment. I realised pretty soon that she was going to drain the glass, but the gesture was exquisitely slow, so elegant I couldn’t take my eyes off her lips. I wondered if someone had done something to make me so enraptured with a simple gesture; or if it was just my love expressing her wonderful, seductive style. How would I even tell?

“So,” I was still staring closely at her lips as she silently put the glass down, “What did you have in mind for tonight?”

“You’re asking me?” I raised an eyebrow. I had to bite back the urge to call her Mistress right then. The thought of shaking up our dynamic a little had just managed to catch my interest, and I didn’t want her snapping right back into her most controlling mindset with a single word.

“Well, you’ve given me Jules, and I need to thank you for that. So tonight, you’re going to have the night of your life. Whatever you want, my beloved, even more than normal.” I met her gaze, and smiled. I could just imagine her serving me, the way I’d seen her kneel before Jim before. It was an intriguing thought, but then my mind was also filled with thoughts of how easy it could be to get lost in those eyes and find myself obeying without even thinking. Since she’d switched my mind off a few weeks ago, I’d had more than occasional fantasies about being so deeply under her control that she could even change my thoughts.

“So,” she continued, another glass in her hand, “What would you like? Maybe I should be your toy for the day?”

I could so easily say yes. I didn’t have the power to actually control her mind, but it would still be fun to play the other role for a while. Could I do that? I was sure I could. But in my heart, I knew it wouldn’t really be fair. I wanted Alex to enjoy herself as much as my own pleasure, and I could see she was eager to try out the magic words I’d inadvertently given her a clue to.

“I don’t think I’ve earned a reward until you got yours,” I whispered, “I told you that Jules responds to their name, but you’ve still got to find it out before you can use it. How have I earned a reward, if we’re both in the same position?”

“Oh, don’t worry about that. Remember, we’ve been filling in assessment forms for the other students in our class this week. But if it makes you feel any better, we can save your reward until after I’ve claimed my prize?”

I nodded, “Besides, you both promised I’d get to see that costume. You already know you can have me whenever you want; so tonight, how about something a little different?”