The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Olivia’s House

Chapter 24 — A Change of Plans, and Coming Out

The thing I hated most about college life was that it made me responsible for my own mistakes. I had so many things to keep track of, including classes and deadlines for all of my modules, that it wasn’t uncommon for something to slip my mind until the very last minute. This time, the emergency was a visit from my dad: he wanted to see how I was settling in, make sure I was getting on okay in the house, and that we were all being mature, responsible adults. He’d asked when would be suitable weeks ago, and I’d just emailed him back with a weekend that didn’t seem to contain any deadlines.

On Friday, Alex had reminded me, and my head nearly exploded in panic. Dad was planning to come over for the weekend, so he could get a good impression of how we were living. It was a bit intrusive, but I knew he had my best interests at heart and I wasn’t going to complain. especially not when he’d promised to organise a posh dinner for everyone, treat us to something more extravagant than any student house could normally manage. That would have been great, if Saturday wasn’t the day of Mark’s birthday party. It was the kind of dilemma I hated; a long-planned dinner with Dad and Hannelore, or celebrating with one of my newer friends from college.

Friday morning, as I walked into college I was building up the courage to tell Mark that I wouldn’t be able to come. I needn’t have worried, as before our lecture he came up all apologetic. Seems a lot of the sports teams had social events on Saturday nights, and one of the on-campus dorms was organising a bar crawl, and the hockey team had their first away match against another college that day. So at the last minute, he’d had to change the party to Sunday night, and he hoped that wasn’t such a big problem for me, Alex or Jules. I grinned, hugged him on impulse, and said we’d forgive him for the short notice if he gave me chocolate. He smiled too, I guess he’d been just as anxious as me. Just my good luck that he’d been first to say it. I promised that I’d pass the news on to my housemates, and this time I set a reminder on my phone so I could be sure I wouldn’t forget. I guess Alex was starting to rub off on me; I still didn’t use the Internet on my phone, though I was pretty sure I could have done if I had the time to learn it, but the calendar was starting to be the organisational centre for my whole life.

“Thanks,” I said again, “I’ll make sure everybody knows.”

“Don’t tell that Marten,” he muttered, showing more hostility than I would have expected from such an easy-going guy, “he’s already warned me not to try hitting on you. Would you believe?” To be honest I could believe it, though I still didn’t know why there was so much animosity between those two. All I’d heard from the classroom gossip was that they’d had an argument over a girl years ago, maybe, that that seemed pretty unlikely. It wasn’t like Marten made a habit of picking up younger girls, was it? Maybe here was a good excuse to ask the question.

“I can believe it,” I shrugged, hoping I didn’t seem like I was prying too much, “He’s warned me not to spend too much time with you, too, but he won’t say why. What’s the deal?”

“Oh… uhh…” he seemed suddenly embarrassed, and I was reminded that for all his playboy attitude, Mark was still a kid. Even younger than me, and probably with way less experience of the real world. “He dated my cousin a while back,” he blushed, lowering his voice so that nobody else would overhear. That was only natural, I guess; a few people had seen Marten staring daggers at him every time their paths crossed around campus, and that had started all kinds of rumours that could enhance Mark’s reputation as a lady-killer. If the truth was something much more mundane, he’d want to keep it to close friends. “I kind of… walked in on them, when I was visiting my aunt for a weekend. He’ll never let it go.”

Well, that was all I needed to know. An accidental meeting, and Marten could easily hold a grudge. The passage of a few years had never seemed to dampen his emotions. The more interesting thing, though, was the sudden insight into my housemate’s sex life. Mark had already mentioned that he had a passing familiarity with the sadomasochistic scene. He’d looked into it after accidentally finding out his cousin was into that stuff, naturally worried about her and unsure whether to tell his parents what he’d seen. If the guy he’d walked in on was Marten, then maybe he’d been into stuff a little rougher than I’d thought. If only I’d thought to ask about that stuff 4 years ago, then life now might have been very different.

Still, I resolved to put those thoughts away at the back of my mind. I hadn’t known then, and even if I did now, it couldn’t make any difference. Casual sex was a thing in my past, and if I was getting beaten or flogged now it would be Jim holding the toys. And Marten, with his wedding looming later this year, was certainly off limits. I decided as Professor Davies came to open up the lecture theatre that I wasn’t going to think about it again.

As always. the lecture with Davies was incredibly dull. The guy could practically set world records in boredom, and sometimes I found myself comparing the lecture to previous ones as he droned on, wondering whether he was in danger of beating his personal best. So I spent most of the time with two pieces of paper in front of me. One to take a note every time the lich defined a term he’d been using frequently or when he said “this will be on the exams”, and the other drawing up a rough list of what we’d need to do to prepare for the family visitation.

The list didn’t end up too long, as the house had a guest room that was always stocked with the obvious stuff like towels and bed linen. My dad and Hannelore could stay for the weekend, see how the household worked now we’d got into some kind of normal routine, and hopefully they’d be happy enough to let me look after my own life for the rest of college.

“You going to tell your dad we’re a couple?” Alex ambushed me at breakfast. Kiva was cooking today, so we had bacon and eggs served on bagels with a cream cheese I didn’t recognise. We were eating in the kitchen, around the giant table, so everyone was there to see me nearly choke on my bagel and cough out crumbs for half a minute.

“Don’t be so shocked, Livvy!” Britney couldn’t stop giggling at my little display, “We’re not completely oblivious, you know.” I glanced around the group. Kiva, Marten, and Britney were all nodding. The girls didn’t know nearly as much as they thought, but that was more than I wanted to bring up at this point. Marten was a little more guarded, suspecting that I was involved with someone else as well but so far with no idea who. Jules, on the other hand, was making no attempt to hide their knowing smirk. I’d been with Jim most nights this week, while Alex and Jules got to know each other, and I was sure at least once they must have been able to hear my shrieks through the wall.

“She’s just shy,” Alex saved me, “Yeah, everybody knows, but it’s still a special occasion, the first time you dare to say it in front of somebody else.” I nodded, though I hadn’t even thought of it in those terms. This was the first time I’d come out to anyone except my partners, even if it wasn’t really by my choice. That would be an excuse to celebrate, if I didn’t have to think about dad showing up in half an hour.

“Compared to the alternatives?” I raised an eyebrow, and hoped Alex would get my meaning. We’d decided a long time ago—a few months, though it felt like a lot longer—that letting my family know I’m gay would be infinitely preferable to admitting my relationship with Jim, a man nearly double my age.

“Well…” she looked me straight in the eye and paused, so I had to guess she knew what I was getting at. I wished she would have brought this up when we were alone, though, so we could have a proper discussion. Then again, I would probably have responded with the same hesitation and said we could leave it until later. “I think everyone knows we’re together. Even your dad, probably, so there’s no point keep not mentioning the elephant in the room.”

I nodded slowly, then thought about it and felt all my hesitation melt away. “Yeah, I can do this. I’m bi, I’m proud of being me, and I’m not embarrassed at all, so why have I been hiding it so long?” Everyone cheered, and I got a proper group hug from all my friends. I’m pretty sure the hand squeezing my ass was Alex’s, though with friends like these I couldn’t be completely sure.

I hadn’t even finished my bagel when we heard the crunch of tyres on gravel outside. He must have got the truck re-tuned, because I couldn’t hear the engine at all.

“I’ll get it!” Jules jumped up with a girlish squeal almost before the doorbell rang. “You two need to straighten your clothes.” I panicked for a moment, realising how rumpled I must be looking. I knew it wouldn’t really matter, but after not seeing my dad for a couple of months i wanted to at least make an effort with my appearance. Thankfully, I’d had the foresight to dress before breakfast or I’d be greeting him in just my robe. I looked at Alex, hoping I could manage to show off the same easy confidence. Her lips shaped a couple of words that I didn’t quite catch, but when she took my hand her excitement was unmistakable.

I guess it was true; we’d been together for nearly a year now, and we’d held hands so many times. We’d done things that were so much more thrilling all by themselves, but the knowledge that we were an official couple now, in the eyes of friends and family; that was a whole new type of excitement. I could imagine all of her confidence flowing into me through our linked hands, and I really felt like we were ready to face the world together.

“Hi, Olivia, love what you’ve done with the place,” Dad smiled as Jules led him to the kitchen. He’d been here before, but it had changed a lot over the course of the intervening months. Then: “Holding hands now, you two?”

Hannelore’s eyes went wide as he said it, and she stared at us as if she didn’t know what to think. Maybe there was someone who hadn’t picked up on the signs, but with the wave of emotion rushing through me now I couldn’t have stopped myself from shocking her even more: “Well, is there any reason not to hold hands with my girlfriend?”

Hannelore shrieked like an excitable schoolgirl, which I guess she was in a lot of ways. Alex pulled me closer and squeezed my hand in a gesture I could only interpret as delight. We’d only admitted what nearly everyone had known for months, but it felt like our whole life had turned a corner, and I couldn’t help smiling as I thought about all the twists and turns still to come.