The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Olivia’s House

Chapter 31 — Desperation, and Holiday Planning

I was getting increasingly desperate as we walked round the park. Once upon a time this had been the church grounds, and a little sign informed visitors that the local council had once considered plans to consecrate it as a graveyard. But now the church was on the other side of the arcade in a dramatic new building, and the carefully decorated grounds had become a public park. It had been used as a parking lot when the arcade first opened, cars turning the turf to rutted dirt while they waited for the contractor to find time to properly convert the area. But then a local residents’ committee had pointed out that the church’s lease required all areas of their land to the east of the actual church building to be kept as a green space, and the same rules would have been passed on to the subsequent owners.

Now it was a nice place to sit and picnic on the lawn, and some of the stores in the arcade put tables and some wheeled displays outside on a gravel area when the weather was good. Being able to function as an open-air shopping experience certainly got them a few sales they otherwise might not have had. And in the far corners, there were two little knots of woodland and a Japanese garden, all providing a few secluded spots for young couples who needed somewhere to hang out without the risk of being overheard by their parents.

I wasn’t really in the mood for that kind of fun today though, for fairly obvious reasons. I was growing quite uncomfortable, and wishing Master would walk a little more quickly. There was nothing I could do except walk three steps behind him, and hope. Then when we came to the last little cluster of trees, he turned to me and smiled.

“So, had any second thoughts?” I wasn’t even entirely sure what he was asking me, “You still like the idea of being humiliated, of feeling the greatest shame you can imagine, somewhere nobody can see?”

“No!” I squeaked, but I knew now that I had no choice in whatever little torturous treat he was planning, and I could also feel myself getting turned on by the knowledge of just how helpless I was.

“Don’t worry,” he gave me an evil grin, “You can get back to the car before you find out what I’ve cooked up for you. So now you know exactly how long you’ve got to wait.” And then he set off moving again, and I found I couldn’t resist following the same three steps behind him. It was humiliating just to know he could control my body so completely, never mind anything else he might do to embarrass me. The feelings got more intense with every step, but no matter how much I wanted to run back into the privacy of the woods, I knew I couldn’t fight the compulsions he’d given me. That only turned me on more.

Finally, we got back to the car.

“Now,” Jim turned with a huge grin on his face, “You’ve been fighting that urge for way too long. It’s about time you gave in.”

“Oh god, no!”

“Oh, don’t worry. I’m not really going to humiliate you. Didn’t you say, it’s the anticipation more than anything that turns you on. Because the more you think about it, the more another urge is building within you. How would you feel if I told you that all this time, one of those has just been in your mind?” My eyes went wide as I remembered, just for a moment. I’d come out of the arcade, fuming with anger that his suggestions hadn’t let me go to the bathroom. He’d allowed me to go back into the building, of course. But right after that he’d been so charming, talking about how much I loved shame as if it was the most natural topic in the world. And he’d asked how I felt about being so desperate, worrying that I might wet myself in front of all the shoppers I’d never meet again.

I’d said that fear of exposure turned me on so much, and he’d decided to let me experience it just a little longer. So he’d made me forget the whole conversation for half an hour, time enough to tease me until I thought I was going to burst.

Getting back into the car, I had to admit that I’d loved every second of his torture. It was the fear of humiliation, as well as the act itself, that really got to me. And I realised as Jim started the engine that he had planted the seed of another desperate need in my mind. Just thinking about what he could have done to me, and knowing that I couldn’t have done anything to stop it, got me hotter than I would ever believe. I yanked my belt loose and pushed one hand down the front of my jeans, fingers eagerly stretching out for just a momentary touch of pleasure. I couldn’t help myself; I’d thought the day so far had been torture, but I hadn’t realised just how strong this need was, building up inside me.

Jim looked over and smiled, just before I lost myself completely. It had been a great shopping trip.

* * *

We were later back than I expected, but there was a chance Alex would still be in college. I’d been lucky enough to have the whole day off for a change, and I really hoped she would be out long enough for me to surprise her when we got back. A bottle of fairly decent wine, a box of chocolates added on the spur of the moment, and a couple of red roses. I’d texted Marten and asked him to pick up the roses for me as soon as I realised I might be late back; the florist we usually pass on the way to college wasn’t known for its long opening hours. So I hopefully had everything I needed to give my love an evening to remember.

My heels clicked on the floor as I crossed the ballroom, the reassuringly familiar sounds of home. It had seemed weird to hear an echo like that when we first arrived, but now this place really was home to all of us. Marten stuck his head over the balcony and waved to me, and I hurried up the main staircase to collect my flowers from him.

“Alex not home yet?” I had to ask, though he wasn’t the most likely person to notice. He’d rarely come out of his own rooms the last week or so.

“Don’t think so. She probably knows you’ve been planning a surprise, so she wouldn’t come home earlier than planned even if she finished ahead of time. It’s an exam today isn’t it, or some presentation thing?”

“Yeah, something like that,” I agreed ironically. For all Marten pretended not to care, he knew what was going on around here as well as anyone in the house.

“I’m gonna miss this place,” he shrugged as he handed over the flowers. “It’s only been a few months, but… everybody’s grown here. Even me.” Even as a non-sequitur, it was odd. I didn’t know what he was getting at, and maybe I replied on instinct when I should have thought a bit more first.

“You’re leaving?” I just blurted the words out in surprise, that was the last thing I’d been expecting. “I thought we were all going to be here through college and forever!”

“Calm down, cupcake,” he almost went to hug me in that infuriating, reassuring way that seems like it can make me okay with anything. I was kind of glad he noticed the fragile flowers between us, because I know I’ve really not got enough self control once he gets close. “Brit’s going home for the holidays, a few days with her parents and then they’re spending new year with her cousins down south, so her great-grandma can meet the whole clan. I’ve wrangled a couple of weeks off work so I can stay with her parents over Christmas. Kind of want to tell them in person about the engagement. We’ll be right back in the new year.”

“Sorry,” I knew I was blushing again, and not in a good way this time. “I should have thought about that. I was just getting used to being here, you know? I haven’t even thought about going home.”

“Have you told your dad about that? He might be kind of expecting you for the holidays.” I knew he was right; I had no idea how I could tell Dad I was giving up on family Christmases to spend more time with my friends.

“Or your girlfriend?” he added, and I had to think even more seriously about it this time, “She’s not seen her parents since she moved in here, do you know if she’s thinking about going back to her folks for the holidays?”

“She’s not said anything,” I answered, but I knew that she might not have thought it was worth mentioning. Everybody at college was starting to talk about parties before they go home for the holidays, about planning to stay in touch until the start of the new semester. Half our friends here lived in rooms on the campus itself, and many of them would have to take all their stuff back to whatever far-flung places their parents lived, or put it in storage over the break. I’d just kind of assumed we were exempt because we had a house of our own, but I hadn’t even thought that Alex might want to see her parents, or that Dad and Hannelore would be expecting to see me.

It wasn’t just Alex either, and the more I thought about it, the more complex this issue became. It wouldn’t be hard to see her if we were both staying with our parents, we’d found it easy enough when we were in school, after all. But Jim would certainly be staying here, he’d sold his house to buy this place. And Jules didn’t even have a family to go back to, as far as I knew. We were only across town from home, it probably only took an hour to drive, but I knew it was nowhere near that simple if you were stuck on public transport. And as soon as I was thinking about it, I was treating it like my problem. I didn’t want to disappoint my family, but just as much I didn’t want to leave Jules and Jim in a big empty house for the whole vacation. That sounded like it could be pretty lonely, though out of all of us they were probably the ones most used to it.

“Calm down,” Marten said again, “If you’re thinking about Jim being here on his own, it’s not such a big deal. I only got a couple of weeks off, and he’s asked me to help with plastering the walls in one of the rooms he’s not done with yet. So he won’t be here on his own for more than a week or something. I’m right back here as soon as Britney goes to pick up her granny. You never know, maybe Kiva or Jules will be here too.” I nodded, but still felt as if there was something else I could think of. After all the work Jim had put in to make a home for us, it seemed really ungrateful to leave him like that.

“Anyway!” Marten gave me a sideways smile, the one that always made me think he was going to start his half-flirting act again, “You’re planning a private party for your girlfriend! Think happy things now, you can sort out the other stuff later.”

I dashed off, and did what I could to make sure Alex would have a good evening, whether her day had gone well or not. She had a big presentation, and I hadn’t realised until this morning how much it would count towards her final grade. I was sure she’d do well, so I was all ready to help her celebrate. A bottle of wine, chilling in a proper ice bucket that Jim had left out for me. A box of chocolates on the bedside table with a blindfold draped artfully across it (though who’d be wearing it I had no idea), a movie to watch in our little lounge, and enough cash on one side to order take-out. It would be a lovely party, and I was ready to please with whatever she felt like doing. I didn’t think I’d need them, but I’d also prepared a backup movie in case her day hadn’t gone so well. The laugh-out-loud antics of Selling Out were sure to take her mind off any problems she might have.

So ten minutes later, I was looking around our little room in the hope I’d thought of everything and we would be able to shut ourselves away from everyone else for an evening. But with every glance, my mind was filling up with memories now. Every item in the room had some memory attached, a time we’d been shopping together or the first time we’d used it. This was my home now, and I hadn’t even thought about how important it was to me until I thought about spending some time elsewhere. Back at Dad’s house, with only one attic room to myself, would be so strange. I guess it’s always like that when you leave home for the first time. Sooner or later it must hit every student, and today was my day.

Thankfully, the introspective melancholy didn’t last long. When I heard the front door open I knew it had to be Alex, and as I ran down to meet her she was the only thing on my mind.