The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Olivia’s House

4 — An Open Book, and Asking Questions

❧ September 25th. Saturday.

The kitchen was furnished in white-painted chipboard and dull grey formica. Maybe everything worked fine, but the atmosphere was kind of institutional. Maybe it would grow on us in time, or maybe Jim would invest in a new fitted kitchen before too long.

The one thing that gave any impression of a real home was the table, a huge rustic style wooden piece with legs that must have some wood turner’s masterpiece and an inch-thick top that couldn’t possibly have come from a single slab of applewood, though I never found any join in the grain.

It was a work of art, and something that would be an heirloom some day. And sitting around it were my families, old and new. There was only just enough space for everyone, though I doubt any piece of furniture I’d ever seen would accommodate the whole group. Dad sat at the head of the table, biting chunks off the hash brown on his fork like a lollipop. Beside him was my little sister Hannelore, the family I knew I’d miss so much once they went home tonight and left me to make my own way in the world. On the other side, Alexandria took the empty seat. My lover gave me a sly smile, pleased to see we’d been seated together even though our relationship wasn’t exactly public knowledge.

Kiva King was probably responsible for that. She was in her final year of college now, and had been one of my older friends for years. She was probably the most mature person I knew, and I was glad to have her in the house. She must have set off early, as she had taken the seat opposite me, between her father and younger brother Delancey. Although she was the most experienced student, she’d never lived away from home before, so the two men had offered to help with moving her massive collection of stuff.

The eighth seat around the table was occupied by Jules, the only unknown. As mysteries went, he presented more than any other guy I’d met. Not least the fact that I didn’t even know he was a guy. He had a high voice and delicate features, and Alex had been calling him “she” on instinct. We knew that actually asking for confirmation would be a touchy question for anyone, and didn’t want to cause offense. But he/she had noticed our uncertainty, and jokingly informed us that it wouldn’t be easy to uncover his/her secret.

“Nice house you’ve got here,” Rob King boomed, spraying microscopic fragments of a fried egg sandwich across the table. He wasn’t shouting, but was one of those people whose voice only seemed to have one volume setting. He was built on a slightly larger scale than most people, so maybe his chest made a perfect echo valley to amplify the sound. Kiva grimaced and looked away, feeling somewhat embarrassed by his table manners. Jim had made them a hearty fried breakfast, what he always referred to as ‘Scottish Style’, to replenish the energy expended on the drive over here before they helped cart Kiva’s luggage to her room.

“Good chef, too!”

“Thank you, Mr King,” Jim turned from the stove and saluted with his spatula, “It’s a pleasure having more people to cook for. I look forward to being able to prepare some more extravagant meals for these young ladies once the kitchen is refitted.”

“Bang on,” those words were Mr King’s highest sign of respect. I guess everyone has their own magic words, even if we don’t normally realise it. “You up here helping your kid move in?”

“No,” Jim laughed as he brought his own piled-high breakfast plate to the table, “I’ve never had kids, and always regretted it. I’m the landlord here, though I hope my interactions with these girls will be a whole lot more friendly than any Rigsby in the media.”

There was a moment’s awkward silence, as we realised that there wasn’t space for Jim to sit down. We shuffled our heavy wooden chairs around, trying to make space, but then realised there were only 8 chairs in the room. Jules managed to win some respect by dashing off and returning with a wheeled office chair, which almost – but not quite – managed to slip in between Alex and Jules.

“Do you girls all know each other, then?” Mr King continued the questions, while everyone else seemed sufficiently satisfied with the food that they didn’t need to eat, “I think I’ve seen you two a few times.” He gestured to me and Hannelore.

“I don’t know anybody,” Jules’s gaze quickly scanned around the table, looking for any response. It was just a throwaway statement that we’d all probably said when introduced to a new group, but those of us who’d been paying attention last night might realise just how literal he was being. I gave him a flicker of a smile from the corner of my mouth. I wouldn’t have managed to spend so much time around Alex and Jim in the last year if I didn’t appreciate some clever wordplay. I wasn’t sure, but I thought I might have been the only one to notice Jules’s eyes go wide and his lips part as he tried to suppress a gasp of delight.

Did he just cum? I wouldn’t even have considered it a year ago. But I was already starting to wonder if Jules had got to know Doctor Darkside, Jim’s online hypnotist alter-ego, and it wasn’t uncommon for people hanging around a certain chatroom to be programmed with words, gestures or situations that could bring them to orgasm in an instant. It was a great way to get someone’s subconscious mind on board with the idea of obedience, telling them to do something that felt so good. I’d found that out myself over the last few weeks, and also discovered that you can get better at hiding those things when the place is too public.

* * *

“Is he your slave?” I had to ask. The question had been bugging me all morning, as our various parents helped me, Alex, Kiva, and Jules to arrange our various DVD collections on the shelves in the big, communal lounge, and argued endlessly at the best place to put the TV. I didn’t mind sharing my master with Alex, I loved them both, but it was somewhat disconcerting to think that he could have been playing kinky hypnosis games with someone else all the time I’d been waiting for him. So the first time I got a chance, I beckoned him into the drawing room and popped the question. Maybe it wasn’t the best place to do it, the books all around made everything seem suddenly very formal, but I just wanted to get my man alone.

“Who?” he seemed genuinely confused. Not an outright denial though, which I might not of believed, or a flat ‘yes’ that I wouldn’t have known how to respond to. The fact that he asked the question, though, left the possibility that even if it wasn’t Jules, there might be other playthings on his mind.

“Our new neighbour, Jules. I’m pretty sure I saw a conditioned response at breakfast. Is he your slave?” I was getting more aggressive now, as hard as I tried to keep my paranoia and anger in check. Jim had always been able to bring my emotions to the surface, and I hoped that would continue to be a good thing.

“He?” Master seemed to be sticking to one word answers today, or answering with questions. It was evasive, and should have pissed me off. But that one derailed my train of thought, bringing a different curiosity to the forefront of my mind. Maybe I was scared that if I asked again, I might have to lose my Master whether it was true or not.

After a moment’s uncomfortable silence, he continued: “I find it’s interesting the way people pick a pronoun and stick with it. For the record, Jules prefers ‘they’ from anyone who’s not been close enough to see for themselves. And that doesn’t include me. Yes, I met Jules on controlspace, and realised that their current lifestyle wasn’t going to be healthy in the long run, so I decided I would offer an alternative. They have trained under a Master I believe, but that isn’t me, and I don’t know that full range of magic words that Jules might respond to. At this point, I think we’re both hoping those suggestions will fade with time.”

I realised he had his arms around me by the time he’d finished talking. My mind was so busy filling in the blanks in that story that I hadn’t consciously been aware of him taking two steps closer, or my arms linking around his waist. I pulled him closer now, overjoyed to yet again discover what a kind and thoughtful man my Jim could be. A swarm of questions still buzzed around my mind, but I didn’t have the nerve to ask the most pressing one: did Jim have other partners beside the two of us, and did he want to?

“Do you…” my voice failed me, I just couldn’t utter the words that might shatter my world. If it was yes, I didn’t know if I could cope with that. And if he said no, he could be outraged that I’d thought it necessary to ask.

“Nervous?” he asked. I just nodded.

”Well, you shouldn’t be. I love you, Olivia, and whatever you want to say to me, I won’t think any less of you. There’s no problem we can’t beat if we come at it together.” He paused for a while, reading my continued silence as a sign of how worried I was. “Would you like a little assistance with saying what’s on your mind, so we can clear the air and get back to the adventure of a new home?” I nodded again, and he lowered his voice before continuing.

“Well, I guess if you’re going to be honest about your feelings, a room full of books is probably the best place. If we were completely open, we could read each other like a book. Would you like that? To be able to open up and say what’s on your mind without worrying what I might think, because you know you can trust me and I’ll accept whatever you say?”

Another nod.

“That’s one of the great things about books, you can look into them whenever you want, and the words are right there in plain sight. And once you start reading, you can get lost in those words and you don’t have to worry about anything else. You might even not realise that you’re reading any more, until all that’s on your mind are the characters you’re reading about, and all you feel is what the words guide you to feel.” I was already starting to zone out. He was repeating himself a little in his attempt to get the point over, so I didn’t need to worry about the details of what he was saying. I could just relax, thinking about how comfortable it was to rest here with my love holding me tight, and smile and nod whenever he said something I could find it particularly easy to agree with.

“Are you okay?” I blinked, and looked up into his eyes. I’d zoned out a while there. Looking back, I knew where my mind had been, especially after I glanced at the clock and saw that nearly an hour had passed. But when he was speaking, I hadn’t seen it coming at all. It was kind of exciting to know that my master had that kind of power over me, that I wouldn’t even know until it was too late to resist his words.

“How do you feel?” he asked, and I realised I’d been thinking instead of answering.

“I’m great,” I turned my head to give him a quick kiss, “Kind of horny, and I’m not nervous at all. I feel like I could tell you everything.”