The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Omega Girl 4

by J. Darksong

(Chapter 6: Fury!!)

“Fire!”

How did it come to this? When did things get so out of control? I suppose... deep down, I always knew it could come to this... I just never expected it to be so soon. And now... no matter what happens, no matter whether I win or lose, that’s it. It’s over.

No one will ever look at me as a heroine again.

When the attack comes, its more brutal than anything I could have anticipated. I raise my shield and try to hold my ground as the first wave of missiles strikes. They explode on contact, and the impact pushes me around like a pinball caught between two bumpers. Slightly dazed, I just begin to shake it off when a bright light, followed by heat strikes my back. Ultra Girl. Pain erupts through me, and I cry out despite myself. A lucky shot, really... catching me while my defenses were momentarily lowered, but merely a sign of things to come if I don’t regroup.

“Well, well, looks like you felt that one,” Ultra Girl crowed, charging towards me. “Not so tough after all, hmmm?”

Arrogant little bitch. I never claimed to be invincible, you know. I’m not. I’m pretty tough, pretty strong, pretty resilient. I can take hits from a .44 at point blank range without flinching, and my Onega Field can block nearly every part of the electromagnetic spectrum. All that aside, I’ve been beaten, captured, and brainwashed more times that I can count. So, I’m hardly an unstoppable force.

Not that I’d tell my opponents that. A heroine needs every edge she can get.

I wait until Ultra Girl is within striking distance, then I zip to the side, striking out with a knee to the solar plexus. She gasps loudly, the wind knocked out of her, and I follow up with a double-axehandle to the back of her head. Out like a light, she begins to drop towards the ground far below, but I reach out and grab her arm. “Rookie mistake, kid,” I say, floating downward, looking for a safe place to drop her off. “Don’t try and go toe to toe with someone faster and stronger than you. Next time stick with long range attacks.”

“Good tip,” a male voice spoke from behind me. “I’ll keep that in mind.”

Whirling around, I have just enough time to raise up an arm in defense as his partner, Corona, let out a blinding flash of light. Blinded, remembering where Corona had been hovering, I flung Ultra Girl’s limp form at her; the soft ‘oof’ she made told me I’d hit my target. I rubbed at my starstruck eyes frantically, trying to regain my vision as quickly as possible.

Blind, I was a sitting duck for whatever they chose to throw at me—

“AARRRRGGHHHH!!” Sunstreak yelled as he barreled into me, hard. Air exploded from my lungs as I dropped from the air like a stone. Geez! He must have been doing mach two at least when he hit me for it to hurt this much! Falling, plummeting, still rubbing my eyes, I raised a hand, intending to fire back, to give myself some breathing room at least, when someone else attacked first. Heat, intense heat, enveloped me as I fell, turning me into a shooting star. I hit the ground with a hard thud, further jarring the rest of the breath from my lungs, leaving me stunned.

Alright. Round one to them.

* * *

“She’s not doing so well, is she?”

Parker sighed deeply, leaning back in his chair. “It is kind of overkill, yanno,” he said with a shake of his head. “She’s outnumbered nearly thirty-to-one with Supers alone... not to mention that squad of military helicopters firing rounds every so often.” He stretched his left hand out to the side, taking Veronica’s right, both moving in perfect synch as if they’d practiced it countless times before. He squeezed her hand lightly in appreciation. “I really wish we were out there, but...”

“...but you’re not sure which side we would be on if we got involved,” Roni finished. “I know, Parker. It’s why we agreed to stay out of it completely. I feel for her, probably even stronger than you do.” At Parker’s raised eyebrow she commented, “I know about the anger and frustration driving her, love... most of which used to be bottled up inside of me. When our minds were linked, for that moment I saw all of the hurt... the sense of loss she’s endured all this time.” She sighed, leaning her head against Parker’s chest. “I don’t agree with everything she’s done over the past few months... but I can sure as hell understand WHY she did it.”

Parker nodded silently. Throughout the entire ordeal he’d felt torn between his loyalty to his friend, and his sense of duty as a hero and crime fighter. He’d crossed paths with Lacie a few times, but they’d hardly exchanged more than a simple ‘Hi and Goodbye’. Still, she never attacked me, or did anything in the least bit threatening to me at all. And if she hadn’t stepped in at the gas station robbery that night, I might not be here right now. I just can’t believe she’s the insane madwoman the media is making her out to be...

He glanced at the opened envelope on the coffee table in front of him. Both he and Shinobi had received identical letters from law enforcement agencies, part of the nationwide summons to all the Supers in the U.S. asking civic minded heroes and heroines to aid in the capture and subdueing of Omega Girl. He’d found it ironic; the Senate legislature had been pushing hard to pass a bill requiring the registration of all super powered beings in the country on a national register, a bill that had died with the untimely death of its main supporter, Senator Wellsley.

And now, failing to take away our sense of freedom and anonymity, they kindly ask us for help taking down one of our own. Damned hypocrites.

“I’m kind of surprised by the sheer number of heroes that showed up to help take her out,” Roni commented, watching the action unfold on the TV news. “I recognize a lot of them there, and I know for a fact that at least half of them have either worked with, or been helped by, Omega Girl in the past.”

“Just because you work with someone once doesn’t necessarily make them your friend,” Parker reminded her. “Sure, they probably all owe her one, but it’s not going to stop them from taking down what they perceive as a very real threat.” He shook his head. “She lost a lot of support with the incident with Scarlet Dynamo in Brazil. They probably figure if she’ll attack another heroine in broad daylight in front of a crowd of onlookers, then pinning her as the Senator’s murderer isn’t such a stretch.”

The sound of music filled the air as Parker’s cell phone rang. “Probably Aunt Eva,” he reasoned, picking it up, turning down the TV. “I bet she’s glued to the TV just like we are.” Frowning, he glanced at the caller ID. “Hmmm. That’s weird. It’s my mom.” Flipping open the receiver, he said hello.

“SON! Oh, thank goodness! I was hoping you might have brought your phone with you! I couldn’t reach Eva... her phone must be turned off!”

“Yeah, mom, well it IS kinda late here, after all,” he said, glancing at his watch. “We’re two hours ahead of you on the east coast... it’s five A.M. here. Roni and I are only up this early because our... ahem... ‘extra curricular activities’ keep us on night shift hours. We only returned from patrol half an hour ago—”

“Parker! Stop talking and LISTEN, dammit!” Anastasia Albinn yelled through the phone. “I have something to tell you, and time is of the essence!”

That peaked Parker’s interest. First of all, his mother never raised her voice at him unless someone was in trouble, and secondly, she never swore. “Mom, I’m putting you on speakerphone so Roni can hear you too. Go ahead.”

Ana sighed, taking a deep breath. “I had a vision tonight,” she said after a moment. “A pretty bad one, too. It was... very strange. Usually when I get a vision, its crystal clear... a smattering of brief but very vivid images. This, however...” she sighed in frustration. “I don’t know, it was like I was getting... psychic interference, for lack of a better term. The images were fuzzy and indistinct, like an old style TV... but I WAS able to see enough to determine what was happening. Parker, Veronica... you need to get out of the city, and right now!”

“Wait, wait,” Roni cut in. “What’s this all about? What EXACTLY did you see?”

“I... it... I saw the end. THE. END. You have to get OUT of there, right away!” Ana urged, her panic carrying clearly through the receiver. “The longer you waste time asking questions, the less time you have for getting the HELL out of there! PLEASE!”

“Alright, mom, we understand! Just calm down,” Parker said, soothingly. “We’ll leave. I promise. But you have to give us more information. The way you’re acting, you’d think a nuclear bomb went off here or something...”

“That’s just it, son,” Ana replied shakily. “That’s exactly what I saw happening...”

* * *

Okay. Now, I’m starting to get pissed.

It’s generally an expression of decency not to kick a person when she’s down. Apparently the United States military doesn’t share that outlook. Hovering a few hundred feet above me, some guy on a PA system yelled at me to stay down. When I sat up, trying to catch my breath, they took it as an act of defiance and began firing at will.

The only thing more painful than having a sidewinder missile explode inches from your face is having FIFTY sidewinder missiles exploding inches from your face.

When the dust and smoke finally cleared, I was back on my feet again. Hair frazzled, costume torn, scorched in places, my bare skin marked with bruises, I stood tall and defiant. On a good side note, the constant pounding gave me time for my eyes to clear, so when the dust finally settled I was able to size up my adversaries. Thirty Apache helicopters hovered a few hundred feet away, and from the expression on the closest pilot’s face, I could tell they were worried.

Good. Let them worry.

Anger flared in me, and for a moment, I considered just wiping them all out. After all, they were showing me NO respect, NO consideration at all! They’d opened fire on me first, attacking me... ganging up on me, swarming like a colony of ants. But ants, troublesome as they are, can be easily exterminated—

NO! No. That was the line I couldn’t cross. A heroine doesn’t kill people... not even to save her own life. Besides, I could stop them without killing them. Seeing that they were only a few hundred feet off the ground now, I gathered my power, focusing it inward, concentrating it into the very core of my being, and holding it there, for just the right moment.

“Omega Girl!” a very familiar voice called from the left, approaching rapidly. “Just do us all a favor and surrender! You’re just making it harder on yourself.”

“Et tu, Newton?” I asked rhetorically. “I could understand some of the others turning on me this way... but you?”

Coming to a stop a few feet from me, he frowned, crossing his arms. “You’re the one who turned, Omega Girl. What happened to you? I know you’ve had some hard times this past year... but I never would have pegged you for a cold-blooded killer.”

The anger flared up in me again. My hands clenched, feeling strangely empty, as if I should have been holding a weapon in them. Still building up my power, I faced him. “Well, I never would have pegged YOU for a killer either! Of did you forget three years ago when you tried to kill Parker and me in the Neilson building?”

“That.. that was different!” he protested. “I was under Madame Lupa’s spell, and you know it!”

“What you’re saying is, there were extenuating circumstances,” I countered angrily. “Events beyond your control put you into a situation where you came out looking like the bad guy, when you were really just another victim.”

Scowling, Newton removed the chain circling his waist, and, gripping it tightly in one hand, began to spin it above his head. “If you’re claiming you’re a victim in all this, you have a lousy way of showing it. Do the smart thing, here, kid. Surrender to the authorities. Let them sort it all out behind closed doors where no innocents can get hurt!”

I sighed deeply. Same old, same old. Everyone preaching at me to just surrender, give myself up, turn myself in, and throw myself upon the mercy of the courts. If there’s one thing I learned from that incident with the Collector, it was that ANYONE can be corrupted. She’d wormed her way into the police force, even used an officer I knew personally to trap me. Surrender myself to the authorities? Not a chance. I can only imagine standing in front of a jury, trying to explain that Senator Wellsley was really killed by an invisible woman... even if they DID, by some miracle, believe it, they wouldn’t release me to let me deal with her anyway, thinking I was too much of a ‘loose cannon’ to be trusted. They’d want to do it themselves.

Hmph. If regular law enforcement could handle things, there wouldn’t be a need for Super Heroes in the first place.

“Sorry, Felix,” I said, gathering the power I’d been holding, bringing it to the surface. “I’m afraid I’ll have to pass.”

I let loose with an Omega Blast, sending out a wave of my energy in all directions. The helicopters went haywire, their electrical systems shorting out instantly, and began to drop slowly to the ground, their rotors slowing their descent enough to keep the damage to a minimum. The soldiers themselves were out as well, unconscious before they hit the ground. From the way the copters crashed, I was sure some of them would need first aid treatment, but nothing too serious. All taken care of, and no fatalities.

The effort weakened me, however, and I sank down to one knee, momentarily dizzy. I shook my head to clear it. I had to keep my wits about me; this was far from over. I’d taken out the minor annoyances, sure, but now that the ‘civvies’ were out of action, I knew the heroes gathered to stop me would now start getting serious.

A sound behind me caught my attention—some heroes, attacking from behind, sheesh!—and instinctively I ducked and rolled, narrowly avoiding Newton’s chain as it shattered the stone covered ground on which I’d been resting. I was shocked to find Newton, still standing, still alert and aware, and still swinging his deadly chain at me.

“Okay... this is a surprise. My Omega Blast went in all directions... it should have put you out like a light. How can you still be standing?”

Newton grinned maliciously. “Simple. This time I kept moving. I’m unstoppable while I’m in motion... so when you let loose, I backed away... and kept backing away until it dispersed, then moved back in to attack. So... unless you have some other tricks you DIDN’T reveal to me the last time we fought...”

“Tricks?” I said, gathering a small amount of power into my right hand, making a fist. “Actually, there is one I wanted to try on you.” Kneeling down, I punched the ground, hard. My power surged through the broken earth, cutting a line of loose earth all around Newton’s feet. He stumbled, losing his footing in the loose dirt and rubble, and I leaped up again, seizing the chance to grab the still swinging chain, planting my feet, and jerking hard.

Normally, when Newton is standing on solid ground and stable, he’s immovable. Once he’s set, nothing short of an earthquake can move him. With that in mind, I created my own small earthquake, and with him off balance, I had the advantage. “An object at rest stays at rest,” I quoted to Newton, twirling him and the chain wildly around in the air. “And an object in motion, namely you, is going to continue your motion, until the outside force, me, decides to act on you.”

“Leeeeetttt... meeeeee... goooooo!” he yelled, still clutching tightly to his chain. Smirking, feeling a bit of justified anger, I accommodated him. releasing the chain, and sending him sailing over into the empty Arizona desert. Dusting myself off, glancing up at the sky at the stunned supers still hovering above me, I nodded.

“Alright. Who’s next?”

* * *

“I’m here,” Chrome spoke softly, coming up behind the dark shadowy form of his Master. “I take it everything is going just as You planned?”

“Indeed,” King replied, standing back up straight. “See for yourself. My dark Queen is resisting, fighting hopelessly, just as I knew she would. Every pawn she takes only brings her one step closer to trap I’ve set for her. Every move she makes leads her one step closer to my ultimate goal! I’ve closed every possible avenue of escape; the only direction she can go now is forward.”

Chrome frowned, staring hard at the giant chessboard before him, then shook his head. All he could see were chess pieces, nothing more. “I... shall take your word for it, Sir. Now... about the final preparations, however...”

King glanced away from the board, turning his crimson gaze fully upon his subordinate. “You have some concerns, Mr. Chrome?” he asked blandly.

“Um, well... not... exactly,” Chrome stuttered, averting his eyes, looking down at the floor. “I do not doubt that the outcome will be as You say it will, Sir,” he said after a moment. “I am just... well, concerned... about Williams. Once his part in this is complete—”

“Rest assured, I have already planned accordingly,” King assured him. Holding up a small white pawn in his hand, he gestured lightly, and it changed, becoming a perfect clone of Maddison Jeffries. “I’ve already placed this pawn in just the right place. Once the confrontation is over, she will be able to keep him in ‘check’, so to speak.”

Chrome bowed slightly. “Very good, Sir. I should have known You would have the situation well in hand.” He sighed. “I suppose I should go out to meet them, then?”

King, already facing the chessboard once more, held up a hand. “A moment, Mr. Chrome, if you please.”

Alex paused at the portal. “Yes, Sir?”

“I feel that I should address a few unspoken concerns you seem hesitant to voice. No, no,” he said waving a hand dismissively. “Don’t try to deny it. I can read you as easily as I can read this chessboard. I just want you to know that I greatly appreciate your service to me over the years. You have been a faithful and worthy acolyte, and once I obtain Godhood, rest assured, you will be supremely rewarded.”

YES! he thought inwardly, while aloud he replied, “As You will it, Sir. I am, as always, at Your disposal.”

King laughed softly. “Then go now. Go, and bring her to me. It’s now time for the endgame.”

Bowing again, Chrome nodded. “I shall return with Your prize, shortly, Sir.” With that, he stepped through the portal and disappeared.

* * *

I may have spoken too soon when I encouraged them all to come at me.

“Aaahhhh!” I screamed in pain as Specs blasted me yet again with her crimson optic beam lasers. Normally, my Omega Field would have dispersed the effect before it had even come close to touching me. Unfortunately, the situation was far from normal. Worn and weary already from the beatings I’d taken earlier, not to mention emotionally drained from my encounter with Eva, I was hardly running on all eight cylinders. Being attacked again and again by super powered beings every bit as determined to bring me down as I was NOT to be brought down was taking its toll.

“That’s it!” Texas Tornado yelled loudly in encouragement, “we’ve got her now! Keep pouring it on!”

If I could have moved, I would have leapt away, to give myself some breathing room, and a chance to recover. No such luck. Dryad, a super powered earth spirit, had reshaped the earth beneath my feet, literally sealing my boots inside solid stone. G Force helped her keep a tight reign on me as well, increasing my body’s gravity fifty times normal, making it a strain just to keep from dropping down on my hands and knees. Titan and Wardog were using me for a punching bag, while the others, like Specs, were taking pot shots at me with every energy attack they could muster.

I couldn’t take much more of this abuse. I was fading fast.

“Hey, guys, how about lending us a hand?”

I’d almost begun to give up hope when I suddenly spied a tiny Silver glimmer in this dark dark cloud. Approaching from the north, only now arriving, were two very familiar faces. Riding the winds, they dropped down, hovering a foot off the ground before me, smirking at me with a superior, all-knowing smirk.

“Well, well,” Lightning purred with glee, “look how the mighty have fallen.”

“Yeah,” Thunder chirped in. “Definitely not what you’d call a ‘heroic’ figure right now. Pretty pathetic, all things considered.”

“Hey... ladies,” Tornado said, panting, “She’s not down yet! It’s taken everything we had to get her to this point... and she’s still hanging on! You two... are just what we need to tip the balance.”

Samantha nodded slowly, leaning forward, staring directly into my eyes. “Yes,” she said slowly, her grin widening, as arcs of electricity began to form around her, gathering at her hands. “I think you’re exactly right.”

Streaks of lightning shot out at the crowd of supers, catching them by surprise. Several went down for the count, including Dryad, who collapsed to the ground. Before anyone could react, Thunder attacked as well, emitting a fierce sonic blast that took out another one-third of the competition. A few mote seconds of shock and indecision at the unexpected turn of events allowed the duo to take out several more would-be heroes, including G-Force. I sank to the ground gratefully as the gravity effect finally faded.

“Are you okay, Mistress?” Samantha asked, rushing to my side.

I nodded. “Fine... just tired. Been a busy day... Keep them off me... give me a chance to recover... my strength...”

“As you wish,” Susan chimed in as well, as she and her partner took to the skies. Even with about half of their opponents taken out in the first round, my two champions were greatly outnumbered. On the plus side, they were all nearly as drained from fighting me the past hour as I was, which helped even up the score.

I sat on the ground and focused my power inwards, stoking the fires, letting it work its magic on my tired battered body. Sam and Susan had come just in the nick of time. When I’d fought them both atop Janet Michaud’s roof, I’d anticipated a time when I might end up outnumbered, facing impossible odds. Breaking the Collector’s hold over them, I decided then and there to establish my own hold over them, not for any nefarious reasons, but to serve at my beckoned call, should I ever need them.

At the time, I never imagined a situation like this one, though.

The heroes were dropping like flies now. I rose back to my feet again, still winded, but partially renewed. My body’s never ending supply of Omega particle energy had nearly replenished itself, and with that renewal came strength, agility, and healing. I was almost ready to rejoin the fight, what was left of it, when I saw Thunder fall to a sneak attack from behind by Gemini. Lightning, enraged by the assault quickly dispatched Gem with a barrage of lightning bolts... only to leave herself open to the last woman standing. Texas Tornado, coming up from her blind side, caught her in an air vortex before she knew it was coming.

“Aarrrrgggh!!” she gasped, clutching her throat as she hovered helplessly in the center of the vortex. “Too much... pressure... can’t breathe!”

I raced towards them, not quite up to full speed yet, trying to reach her before it was too late. Tornado saw my approach, and conjured another cyclone in my path, but my momentum carried me in and out the other side. Pointing a hand, I sent an Omega Bolt at her, stunning her, and taking her out of the fight, then ran over to catch my falling champion before she hit the ground. Red-faced, gasping, unconscious, she was still breathing.

Good.

I set her carefully down on the ground, then sighed, dropping down beside her. “Thank you, Samantha,” I whispered softly in her ear. “I don’t know what I would have done if you and Susan hadn’t shown up when you did. Thanks to you both, I managed to survive this ordeal...”

“Oh, how touching,” a masculine voice called out from high above me. “If I still had them, I might shed a tear. But you spoke too soon. This was all just the warm-up. Your TRUE ORDEAL is just beginning!”

I knew that voice. Staring up at the glowing figure above me, I tried to remember where I’d last heard it when it hit me. Tenth grade. High school. My hand flew up to my mouth of its own accord, and all the anger, righteous indignation, and confidence drained away. I wasn’t an unstoppable titan to feminine fury anymore; I was an unsure sixteen year old girl, facing a mistake from my past come back to haunt me.

“What’s the matter, lover?” the man sneered, dropping down to the ground before me. “No kind greetings for an old boyfriend? Or maybe you’ve forgotten me after all these years. It’s been a long time, Lacie Ann... a very long time... but you had to know this day would come. You HAD to know we’d meet again someday, and finish what we started all those years ago.”

Fear, a feeling I hadn’t felt in years, knotted up inside my stomach, making me feel weak in the knees. “D... Dougie,” I managed, taking a step backwards.

“So, you DO remember me after all, then,” he said with a single nod. “Good. That will make this much more satisfying. But I not plain old Doug Williams anymore. You can call me... Alpha.”

My heart thudded in my chest like a drum. “You... you’re here... to kill me?” I asked, already knowing the answer.

“Kill you,” he laughed. “Sweetheart, I’ve come to destroy you!”

((end of chapter 6))