The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Omega Girl 3

by J. Darksong

(Prelude: My Friend of Misery)

Omega Girl dropped down lightly onto the roof, barely managing to hold back a yawn. The stars had faded out, and sunrise was minutes away. She entered the stairwell, moving quickly but silently, not wanting to awaken her husband to the sound of boots clomping away on metal steps. Entering the apartment, she sighed wearily, willing her power to fade, assuming her normal mundane appearance once more.

“Long night?”

Lacie Frasier started, whirling around. Eugene Frasier stood in the kitchen, leaning against the wall, a mug of steaming coffee in his hand. He held it out to her, and she took it, gratefully. “Sneaking in a bit late, aren’t you?” he said, eyebrow raised.

“I didn’t want to wake you,” she said, sheepishly. Eugene merely chuckled, pulling her into the kitchen, and kissing her lightly.

“As ye can see,” he replied, gesturing to the breakfast he’d prepared, “you didn’t. I noticed you were still out when I got up to prepare for work, so I decided to fix breakfast for you as well, and wait up for you.”

“Thanks,” she said simply, plopping down in a chair. She nibbled lightly on a waffle, then sipped some more coffee before she spoke again. “That anonymous tip Detective Auger received turned out to be solid. Andrew Jackson did arrive in town earlier last night.”

“’Stonewall’ Jackson’s in town?” Eugene asked, eyebrow raised. “Not causing trouble, I hope?”

Lacie sighed deeply, rubbing a sore, slightly bruised shoulder. “Not anymore.”

Gene frowned, taking a seat opposite Lacie. “So that’s why you were gone all night. Duking it out with a super-powered stone-brained felon. And ye didnae think to call me for backup?”

“I didn’t need it. Stonewall is tough—”

“He’s nigh-invulnerable, ye mean,” Gene cut in. “Not to mention quick, agile, and superhumanly strong!”

“—but overall pretty dumb, Gene,” Lacie persisted. “I didn’t need any help to stop him from knocking over that bank. I took a few lumps, sure, but in the end, I beat him. That’s all that matters.”

“NO, its NOT!” Gene shot back angrily, causing Lacie to start. “Dammit, Lacie... ye know how I feel about this... especially after what happened last year!” He sighed deeply, hands clenched into fists. “Mo duinne,” he said softly, “ye haftie start being more careful. I ken how strong ye are, how powerful ye are... but dammit yer not invincible! Sometimes having enough common sense to call for help is the difference between being alive and dead.”

Lacie glared at her husband for a long moment. “Well, I disagree,” she said after a moment. “Calling for help didn’t work for my dad, did it?”

Eugene said nothing. He knew all too well the circumstances regarding Professor Gilbertson’s death. Having just escaped from an attempt on his own life, he’d rocketed back to Lacie’s father’s home, only to arrive a few minutes too late. Locking away the maniac responsible for his death had been a hollow victory at best; it had taken several months for Lacie to get over the loss. Apparently, though, she wasn’t completely over it.

“And calling for backup didn’t help us in the slightest when the doctor gave us the news—”

“Lacie,” Gene said, holding up a hand. “Don’t. Don’t do this to yourself... don’t do this to me.” Lacie continued to glare at him for a moment longer, before lowering her eyes back to her plate. Gene sighed inwardly. This wasn’t the way he’d wanted things to go this morning, of all mornings. “Loveling, you know there is nothing you could have done... in either situation. Sometimes, things happen that ye cannae change...ye can only do the best ye can, and let fate handle the rest.”

“And that’s what I was doing tonight,” she replied softly. “Doing the very best I could.”

Gene sighed deeply, getting to his feet. “I have to leave, Lacie.”

She nodded. “What time will you be back?”

“I don’t know... but it won’t be tonight. Lace... I’m flying out to Midas City for the next week or so.”

That broke through her dour mood. “What? When? Why?”

He pushed forward a copy of the morning newspaper. “That’s why. Frasier Enterprises’ newest multi-billion dollar contract, supplying parts and electronic systems for the big project going on over there. I’m meeting with the head of their engineering department, a Miss Borais. Its a joint effort, with a lot of different specialists involved, and they’ve having a few problems integrating some of our newer systems. Me, and two of my senior designers, need to make the trip out to Midas to oversee the installation personally.”

Lacie said nothing, merely stared at her half-empty plate. The familiar blackness inside her welled up at his words, threatening to swallow her again. Ever since the doctor visit three weeks ago, she’d been on a downward spiral of depression. Everyone had been more than supportive: Eugene, Eva, Parker... her friends at work, her students. Somehow, their sympathy had only made it worse. She’d pushed them away, one by one, until they stopped trying to comfort her, until only Eugene continued to reach out to her. Now, it seemed, she has pushed him away once too often. He was leaving, going away on a business trip... but she knew deep in her heart that he wouldn’t be coming back.

He leaned forward, kissing her lightly on the forehead. “You have my cell number,” he said quietly. “If anything happens, you call me. If its an emergency, I can rocket back here in about an hour.” Lacie said nothing. “And... well, if nothing else, Parker and Eva are in town. They miss talking to you, love.” He sighed forlornly. “I miss talking to you.”

I know, Gene, she thought desperately. I want to talk to you. NEED to talk to you! I just... I just can’t make myself deal with it... its just too much... too raw. The only time it doesn’t hurt is when I’m... out there. Fighting crime. With the mask on, I’m a different person... stronger... not weak like I am now. Gawd... I need you so much... you can’t understand how much... but I just can’t... can’t... talk about it. Not yet.

And so she sat, quietly, staring at her plate as he picked up his briefcase and walked out the door. Only after the door closed behind him did she allow the tears to fall.

He’s not coming back, she told herself. And why should he? What can I even offer him, anyway... except more pain, more misery... more disappointment.

Making her way to the bedroom, Lacie paused at the doorway to the left. The darkness within her soul pulsed, and she found her hand drawn inexorably towards the doorknob. She closed her eyes, trying to still the rapid beat of her heart, knowing exactly what was inside the room, knowing yet dreading the sight, all the while drawn to it with a sick, perverted, sadistic fascination that was anything but healthy or sane.

The knob resisted—locked. Gene knew her all too well, had known she would stop at this room, again. So be it. She acknowledged that she had a problem, a serious emotional problem, just as long as he ceded to her wishes that the room remain unchanged. A harder twist, and superhuman muscles forced the door open. Shaking now, not from the effort, but with the barely contained emotions, she stepped forward, through the door, eyes still closed. A deep breath, and the scent of the room filled her lungs, filled her mind with memories, images, dreams long past.

She could walk out now. She knew. She had entered, had taken the step, and all she needed to do now was leave, walk out, and close the door behind her. Eyes still closed. She didn’t need to see it again. Didn’t need to see. Didn’t need to...

Eyes opened.

For one moment the world stopped spinning completely, as time froze. A toy plane hung from the ceiling, its brightly colored wings titled at an angle, as if it had just started a barrel roll. A stuffed bear sat nestled between a patchwork clown and a stuffed elephant, all staring directly at a small white bookshelf with several Dr. Seuss books stacked in it. A small rainbow-colored night-light shed its small gentle light along soft pink walls, and a yellow painted ceiling. Against the far left wall sat a simple wooden dresser, its drawers empty, its surface covered with a fine layer of dust.

She glanced at every corner of the room, taking it all in, trying desperately to avoid the very last item, even as her own morbid desire to punish herself drew her gaze towards it. Finally, she rested her gaze on the empty baby crib, and felt the last part of her strength and resolve shatter, feeling her insides clench and crumble away to ash, to nothingness.

“I’m sorry, Mrs. Frasier... its very unusual at this stage of the third trimester, but I’m afraid you’ve miscarried. Sometime during the last week the fetus just... I’m sorry. I really don’t know what to say... I’ve only seen this rate of cellular decay in cases of radiation poisoning...”

Lacie cried, now, just as she had then, hearing the words anew once more. Her baby, a new innocent life, her own chance at a new life, squashed out of existence, destroyed, not by some insane madman, or a common criminal, but by fate, the same twist of fate that gave her such incredible power. And in the end, what good is it? I couldn’t save the people I loved and cared for the most when they needed me! I couldn’t even save my unborn baby! I just... I can’t have a life... not as Lacie Ann. As Omega Girl, I make a difference... but I can’t save the ones I love.

If I were just Lacie Ann... if Omega Girl never existed... then maybe... MAYBE... I might have a normal life...

But I’m not normal. Omega Girl is who I am... is ALL that I am. So, I’d best learn to accept that.

Half stumbling out of the baby room, Lacie entered her bedroom. She collapsed onto the bed, too soul-weary to even bother to undress. She lay there, neither awake nor asleep, her tortured mind wandering in circles, pondering the way things were, and the way she wished them to be. Eventually, however, fatigue overcame grief, and she slept.

* * *

Veronica Mitchell sighed wearily, dropping lightly to the ground. The sun had just risen, and life was beginning to return to River City once again. Time for a quick wardrobe change, she thought, slipping into a darkened alleyway. This city is pretty big, but its nowhere near ‘the City of a Thousand Supers’. I’ll attract way too much attention on the streets dressed this way. Checking the area twice to make sure the coast was clear, she removed her mask.

“Mmmm, impressive. Very nice. I can see why the Collector wants you so badly.”

Veronica whirled, her right hand still holding her mask, the left one holding the katana she’d grabbed on reflex. Eyes narrowed, flitting from one corner of the alley to the other. Nothing. She was completely alone.

“You’re a strange one, Shinobi,” the feminine voice spoke again, causing Veronica to whirl again. “Or should I call you... Veronica?” The sound seemed to be moving, coming at her from behind, but despite its relative closeness, she didn’t see anyone.

“Born in England,” the voice continued, this time from her left side, “moved to America back in ‘87 at the age of 16, where you lived in Midas City. Discovering your psychic abilities, you took the name ‘Psi-Witch’ where you served as one of the city’s costumed protectors... until a run in with a group of Japanese assassins called ‘The Fist’. Kidnapped, they brainwashed you, trained you in the ninja arts, and dispatched you as their tool.” The voice chuckled lightly. “A very dangerous tool, you eventually managed to break free of your programming, and took revenge on your captors. You returned to Midas, serving once again as a costumed heroine, taking the new name ‘Shinobi’.”

Veronica stepped back, slowly, moving towards the wall, trying to keep whomever it was speaking from getting behind her. “You certainly did your homework. You get a gold star. Now... do you wish to show yourself and try for two?”

“If you insist.”

A women stepped out of thin air to stand before her. Tall, thin, with pale milky white skin, and long silky jet black hair, she stood with her arms crossed at her chest, a knowing smirk on her lips. “Like what you see?” she taunted, thrusting out a hip. “I have to say, I’ve enjoyed what I’ve seen of you these past few days.”

“Past few...” Veronica’s eyes narrowed. “You’ve been stalking me. I’d thought someone was following me... but every time I looked, there was no one there. I thought it was just nerves.”

“Nope. It was me.” The woman took a step forward. “Now, we can do this the easy way or the hard way, Shinobi. I know exactly what you’re capable of, while you know virtually nothing of what I’m capable of. Be a good girl and come with me, and I promise we’ll get along just fine.”

Veronica laughed. “You MUST be kidding! Me? Be a good girl? My dear, I’m not on the side of evil... but I’ve never been GOOD a day in my life.” Dropping her mask, she clenched her empty hand into a fist, causing her hand to glow with a soft pale blue light. “If you want me, come and get me.”

The woman shook her head. “Alright. The hard way it is.” In an instant, she vanished.

Shit! Valerie cursed inwardly, glancing left and right. Well, at least I can guess what her power is. Invisibility is nice, but I’m not helpless. I’ve trained to fight in darkness, to fight blindfolded. Doesn’t matter if I can see her or not, my other senses work just fine.

Closing her eyes, Shinobi stepped forward, extending her senses in all directions. She calmed her racing heartbeat, forcing her breathing into a shallow, near silent whisper, blocking out everything internal and focusing on her environment. A step. Then another. Another. And—

She sensed, rather than heard, the blow coming. Bringing her blade up, she blocked what would have been a crippling hit to her chest, wincing slightly at the metallic CLANG of her sword meeting some kind of metal. Planting her feet, she pushed off, shoving her invisible opponent back, then moving forward, she spun out, bringing her sword in an 360 degree arc. Had anyone been within striking distance, the move would easily have decapitated them. Instead, Veronica heard dry laughter coming from several feet behind her.

“Now, now, Shinobi,” she chided. “That wasn’t very nice. If I hadn’t know it was coming, you might have taken my head clean off. That’s hardly the way to treat an old friend.”

A soft thud was Shinobi’s response, as two ninja stars stuck into the building wall, thrown as such high speeds that they seemed to appear suddenly from thin air. “You’re not my friend,” Veronica replied with a smirk.

“Not yet,” the voice replied easily, this time from behind. “but we soon will be.”

“Like hell we will,” Veronica growled, whirling around. Dammit! There’s no way she’s this quick! She could have, MAYBE, dodged my circular sweep, if she really knew it was coming from watching me fight... but no way I missed her with my shuriken. No way she made it past me to get behind me again! So... how the HELL is she doing it?

The sound of groaning metal behind her signaled another attack, and Shinobi turned, her sword lashing out before the rest of her body even completed the turn. The sword cut empty air, but Veronica saw the danger, and used her momentum to continue moving forward, pushing off the toes of her soft soled shoes, leaped over the oil drum rolling towards her. She cupped her body around her sword, holding onto it, landing back on her feet with the blade held at the ready... just as a pair of wooden blocks flew straight towards her head.

Two quick slashes, and the blocks were kindling, but Shinobi stood, waiting, trying to anticipate the next attack. Fuck, she IS pretty good, she thought, panting softly. This is a pretty nice sparring session. I wouldn’t mind it so much if I hadn’t just come off an all night patrol. I need to bring this to a close... maybe I can lure her into getting closer.

“Feel like giving up yet,” the voice taunted. “After all, its been a pretty long night for you so far. Stopping those two thugs holding up the liquor store, then saving that girl about to be mugged in that alleyway, THEN saving that drunken fool stupid enough to have fallen off State Street Bridge downtown... you’ve really been burning the midnight oil. C’mon... let’s call it a day.”

Leaning forward, panting louder, Veronica shook her head. “No... dice... I’m not... going anywhere... with you...”

“Alright,” the voice said, inches behind her now. “Don’t say I didn’t ask nicely.”

Shinobi turned again, striking out with the sword, moving much slower than before. She wasn’t surprised when the blade again struck metal, or when the shock twisted it out of her grasp. Groaning in fake fatigue, she stumbled back, wide eyed, apparently completely defenseless. “Shit!” she said loudly, staring down at her sword, three feet away. C’mon, c’mon, make your move, make your move, dammit, so I can make mine!

An invisible arm gripped her around the throat from behind. “Be still,” the voice whispered in her ear. “It’ll be all over in a minute.” Twisting her body, Shinobi spun around, facing her assailant, grabbing the arm at her throat, and, reversing the hold, came up behind the invisible woman, pinning her in a chokehold with her own arm. “You were right,” Shinobi jeered, “it IS all over.” With savage glee, she pressed her glowing hand forward, palm out, into the back of trapped girl’s head.

Psi-shock. The glowing energy that embodied Shinobi’s psychic power embedded itself within the invisible girl’s mind, disrupting the electrical flow of her neurons, stunning her mind and body. Veronica sighed deeply as the girl in her arms shuddered, the vibrations as well as the influx of psychic energy from her would-be captor nearly intoxicating her. With the energy came information, as temporary link between then caused the woman’s thoughts to pour into Veronica’s mind. Ah, she thought, now I’ll find out who you are, and what this is all about—SHIT!

The sudden realization of her predicament came the exact instant as the pain, as a needle-tipped dart struck Veronica in the side of the neck. Releasing her psi-grip on the girl, she pulled loose the dart. Too little, too late; she already knew what was coming from the information she’d pulled from Tammi’s—the invisible girl’s—mind. Her grip on the girl slackened, and Tammi, visible now, slumped to the ground, unconscious. Taking a step back from the stunned redhead, already feeling the effects of the drug, Veronica looked to her left.

“As I said before, very impressive,” the black haired woman replied, lowering the dart gun. “Most normal girls would have fallen to their knees in a drunken stupor by now, but look at you! Still on your feet, and trying to get to me, trying to get off just one last attack, in the desperate hope of taking me out before you succumb!” She clapped twice in mock approval. “Bravo. But we both know this fight is over, and you’ve lost. I told you before... I’ve followed you long enough to know just what you’re capable of... while you had no idea what I could do.”

A soft groan escaped Veronica’s lips as the last of her strength failed her, and she slumped to her knees. Her vision was beginning to blur, and the dark haired bitch’s words were beginning to acquire a tinny echo effect.

“I really wish you’d simply come along with me peacefully,” the woman replied, walking past her, kneeling over the stunned form of her partner. “Of course, I knew you wouldn’t. That’s why I brought along Tammi here. A pretty good fighter, as you saw, not up to your level, but good enough to distract you. I used my power to turn her invisible, and the two together were more than enough to frustrate you.” She glanced up from Tammi to look Veronica right in the face. “In the end, I knew you’d go in close, and use your Psi-grip. As fast as you are, I knew I’d never be able to tranq you, even invisible and at point blank range. I also knew that the effect using your Psi-grip has on you, and that it would be the perfect chance to take you unaware.”

Tammi groaned softly, beginning to stir. Sitting up abruptly, she glanced around. Seeing Shinobi, she smiled. “Well, Nancy, looks like your lame ass plan actually worked.” Getting to her feet, she groaned, clutching her head. “Damn... you didn’t tell me my head would feel like it’d gone through a blender. Shit... next time, you be the bait, and I pull the trigger.”

“We’ll see,” Nancy replied, noncommittally. “For now, just go get the van ready. It’s nearly 7 AM, and the streets are going to be crowded with people. We need to hurry.”

As soon as Tammi departed, Nancy moved to kneel in front of Veronica. “Now then, my dear,” she said, taking out a small box from her pocket, holding it up to the drugged girl’s face. “We’re going to have a little chat. Well... I’m going to talk, you’re going to listen and say, ‘yes ma’am’ whenever I ask you something. That little cocktail I just dosed you with pretty much makes that a given. And this,” she said, pressing a small button, causing a small silver circle to spin and sparkle brightly, “will seal the deal. Watch the spinning disk, Veronica,” she purred softly, as Shinobi’s glassy eyes obediently locked onto the dazzling disk. “That’s a good girl. Watch the disk spin, and spin, and spin... let it spin its way deep into your mind... deep... past your weak little defenses... so weak now... unable to resist... unable to even THINK of resisting... unable to think... at all...”

Veronica groaned deeply, her eyes rolling back into her head as Nancy’s words boomed inside her mind. Her hand opened and closed, clutching for her sword, trying instinctively to fight a peril she didn’t know with a weapon she no longer had. A few seconds more, and the spinning silver disk drained even that small bit of resistance from her. Nancy continued to whisper soft words in her ear, each one sinking deep between the folds of her brain, sinking deep, and sticking firm.

“It’s okay not to have to think. In fact, it feels really really good... especially between your thighs,” Nancy purred. “Makes you nice and wet... hot, wet and slick... as all those silly out thoughts just melt... and drip out of your mind... and into your pussy...” She slid a hand underneath the tight fitting leotard and into Shinobi’s snatch. The drug that had rendered her helpless and suggestible was also laced with a strong aphrodisiac; each teasing touch or hard thrust only milked more and more of Shinobi’s already dripping juices. “Yes, my good obedient little slut... feel all your thoughts running down your thighs... as I fuck your adorable, wet, pussy... milking all your precious little thoughts... ah, but what I’m really doing is fucking your mind... your hot wet pussy-mind... and it feels sooo good doesn’t it?”

“Yeesssss,” Veronica moaned breathlessly, her body arching into Nancy’s hand. “Feeeeellllssss... sssssoooooo... gooooooddddd.”

“Yes,” Nancy agreed. “It feels good to have your mind fucked... to feel me drive away all those pesky little thoughts. It feels MUCH better not to think at all... to let me do all the thinking for you. Yes... you love it... not having to think at all, just OBEY what I tell you... obey... and feel... obey... and feel... the pleasure I’m giving you... and you DO want that pleasure to continue, don’t you, little slut?”

“Ohhhhh, yyeeeesssss,” Veronica groaned, her wet dripping thoughts flowing faster and harder down her thighs. “Moorrreee... please, more!!”

“And you’ll obey my words, little slut?”

“Yeess!! Obey... yess... pleeaasee!” Veronica begged mindlessly.

“Then CUM, little slut!” Nancy commanded her slave, holding onto her tightly as the ninja obeyed instantly, shuddering, clenching tightly as her slutty cunt spasmed again and again and again, wringing every last drop from her pussy, obliterating every last thought from her head, leaving her empty, sated, and obedient.

Nancy, panting slightly herself, pulled her hand from her new slut’s thighs, and licked her fingers. “Now, sweetie, its time to get going. I want to play with that slick little pussy-mind of yours some more before I take you to the Collector. So, stand up, pick up and put away your sword, and follow me.” Sighing deeply, Shinobi obeyed, rising to her feet. Moving together, they left the alley, just as Tammi pulled up, driving a large black van.

* * *

Parker tapped his fingers lightly against the table repeatedly. Checking his watch once more, he sighed deeply. “Dammit. Late again. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to make the effort.” Drinking another sip of coffee, he picked up his book bag. “Why oh why did I agree to an early morning study session with Veronica? I could have stayed in bed another two hours, caught a few more zzz’s before going to class. Instead, I’m sitting here, alone, yet again, drinking my third cup of coffee, and she’s nowhere to be found! Arrrggghhh! I’ve had it. This is the last time!”

Sigh Yeah, I always say that, Parker mused, as he headed towards the door. The problem with that is, every time she looks at me with those dark brown eyes of hers, and pouts with those lips... I fold like a stack of cards.

“Well, not THIS time!” he announced to himself. “If I agree to help her study again it’ll only be after a LOT of begging and pleading... and at least dinner.” He mused to himself. “Yeah. Dinner. An actual ‘date’ date. And a kiss, afterwards.”

A beeping from his left pocket sounded. Beeper? Damn... maybe its a good thing she didn’t show after all. Checking the message, Parker groaned. He grabbed his cell and dialed in. “It’s Monday morning,” he said, as soon as the phone picked up. “You know I have class today.”

“Sorry, dude,” Jerry replied with a chuckle. “A hero’s work is never done, and all that. Besides, we both know that your grades in Physics are good enough for you to miss one class.” The humor left his voice. “We have a problem. For the past few months I’ve been tracking what seems to be a rash of disappearances throughout the country. All of them are young females, between the ages of sixteen and twenty-four, and all of them very attractive. These disappearances seem to be spread throughout most of the country, centered on the major cities, where an occasional missing person or two doesn’t attract much notice.”

Parker nodded. “Yeah, I watch the news, and I drink milk. People are always going missing. So, what’s the connection? What does any of this have to do with me?”

“Well, Parker, these missing girls... the disappearances aren’t just limited to normal girls, you know.”

Parker blinked. “You’re saying, someone is actually going after Supers?”

“Well, I dunno is anyone is going after them, per sae,” Jerry said after a moment. “I couldn’t say if they were kidnapped, or taken out... or just decided to go on vacation! All I know is what I can track, and several supers have turned up missing.”

“Hmmm. That actually sounds kinda familiar... like that thing over in Midas a couple of years ago.”

“My thoughts exactly. We might be looking at another ‘Chronos’ happening,” Jerry supplied. “Heck, the authorities still haven’t finish wrapping up all the loose ends of that mess, who exactly was involved, and whether or not the masterminds behind the whole thing were really caught.”

“Okay. Gotcha. Disappearing super babes, bad,” Parker said, exasperated. “What does any of this have to do with me?”

“I’m GETTING to that!” Jerry snapped back. “Sheesh... and I thought Lacie was impatient. Ahem... it seems River City has just been added to the list. Looks like three girls have come up missing in the past five days, reported to the police by family and friends, but as of yet, no leads. I asked a... friend of mine to do some digging around, to check and see what she could find out. She was supposed to contact me back an hour ago to let me know what she’d found, one way or another, but she never checked back in.”

“And you think she’s been abducted as well?”

“I’m sure of it,” Jerry replied somberly. “She’d checked in with me a few hours before, saying she had one more lead to check before calling it a night. She promised to call me after she went off duty. When she didn’t, I tried calling her. No response.”

Parker sighed. “Alright, I’ll look into it. I’m not so much a detective, though... more of the ‘swoop-in-to-save-the-day’ kind of thing, yanno?” He paused, frowning. “Actually, this is the kind of thing any of the others are better at than me. So, why call me?”

Jerry was silent for a long moment. “Okay... if you MUST know, Eugene Frasier is heading out of town on business, and your aunt Eva is still at the Wellness Retreat they’re holding for all the local doctors up in the mountains. She’s reachable in an emergency, but kind of hard for her to slip away unless there’s something definite to go on.” He sighed. “And, well, you know how Lacie’s been since, well... you know.”

Parker sighed deeply. Nice. Bottom of the list. Well, I guess I shouldn’t have asked. “Alright. I got ya. I’ll go change, and take a look around, see what I can come up with. Keep me informed if you find out anything new.”

Glancing again at his book bag, Parker sighed. Looks like class with have to wait. Depending on how long it takes to find a lead, I might even have to forego my date with Veronica. Oh well. Being late I can deal with; vanishing completely is a much more pressing problem. Looks like its time for Super Sonic to start pounding the pavement.

((end prologue))