The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Omega Girl 2

by J. Darksong

Chapter 8: Checkmate

“So,” Amber Reyes purred softly, striding into the doctor’s bedroom, back in her red satin dress. “Your little PET said you wanted to see me?”

Dr. Reginald Matthews glanced at the doorway, and sighed deeply, standing up. “Perfect damn timing as always,” he muttered. “Well, no matter. My captive is well on her way to la-la land, and so I can spare a moment or two to deal with you.” He crossed her arms. “Amber, my dear. Your performance of late has been found... how can I say this? Hmmm... lacking.”

“Lacking?” Amber laughed. Of all the pompous... “In case you’ve forgotten, Doctor,” she said with venom, “I’m not one of your employees. I serve you because of the leash you keep me on,” she gestured to the small collar around her neck, “figuratively as well as literally. It’s not as if I’m afraid of losing my pension or anything!”

“Be that as it may,” the doctor continued, nonplussed, “I have not been happy with your performance. Your so-called beasts were as effective as scarecrows at keeping anyone other than Omega Girl from entering this building! Your sentinel, Newton, went down like a ton of bricks! Your girl, Eva, failed just as miserably! And, to top it all off, you yourself were caught unaware, by your own prospective thrall! Thrall... bah! YOU were the one under HIS spell.”

Amber bristled. The realization of his she’d been fooled had stung deeply when she’d awoken to find Eva next to her. It was bad enough knowing she’d let him slip through her fingers—A lover with such vigor and vitality doesn’t come along every day!—but to reminded that he had actually controlled HER! To be caught in a moment of vulnerability, and exploited! Well, that makes twice now. Once from the boy, and once, from you, Doctor. But damn me if there’ll be a third time!

Dr. Feelgood chuckled, seeing her reaction. “Oh? Did I strike a nerve, my dear?” He laughed, which only infuriated her more. “My dear girl, allow me to give you some advice. Your pride is your biggest handicap, your biggest weakness. That’s how you were taken down, both by me, and by your would-be slave. Keep giving in to your pride, and you will fall every time.”

“And I could say the same about your overconfidence!” Amber retorted. “You think that just because you are on top now that it will always be so! Well, that is not the case! One day, I will be free of your control, Doctor, and when that day comes—”

A bolt of electricity jolted her suddenly, shocking her through her collar. Amber yelped loudly, grabbing for the device, gritting her teeth as the pain pulsed through her body. The jolt lasted only a moment, but the effect was obvious. Eyes red, panting deeply, the lovely Latina glared daggers at the doctor.

Calmly placing the remote control back in his pocket, he returned her glare. “When that day comes, my dear, it will be on a day of MY choosing, not yours.” He scowled. “In fact, that day may be very soon. Your little temper tantrums used to amuse me, but now they are becoming tiresome. Perhaps I should do away with you now and save myself some aggravation?” He opened a desk drawer and removed a small knife, polished sterling silver. Amber’s eyes widened at the sight of it.

“Is that what you believe I should do, Amber dear?”

“Ah, no, Doctor,” she replied, eyes watching the deadly blade intently. “No, no, perhaps I spoke a bit too hastily.”

“Indeed you did,” he replied, placing it inside his pocket. “I think I’ll hold onto this for a while, however... just to make sure you remember this little conversation. Now, then,” he said, turning his attention back to his Lacie, “why don’t you go make yourself useful somewhere else, while I tend to my new slave-in-training?”

The door opened suddenly. Amber smiled. “I have a better idea. Why don’t you shove that idea up your ass, Doctor?”

“WHAT?!”

Eva walked in, moving over to her Mistress’ side, smirking. “Or better yet,” the werewolf purred softly, “why don’t you just forget that idea. I’d much rather shove my foot up your ass instead. Eva, dear, stun the good doctor for me. I want him paralyzed, but conscious, for what I have planned for him.”

The blue eyed beauty smiled wickedly, striding over to the wide-eyed doctor. “With pleasure, Mistress. Say goodnight, Doctor.”

* * *

“Whoa! Hey, buddy, are you alright?”

Gene coughed, and sputtered, then coughed again. He was cold, wet, waterlogged, and most likely full of bacteria and algae from the river he’d nearly swallowed. Nevertheless, he looked up at the trio of young boys and smiled. “Aye, lads,” he managed, before retching. Maneuvering his head over the side of the small boat, he puked up yet more river water. “Never felt better in me life.”

His rescue had been nothing short of miraculous. In the very last moment, sinking back down into the darkness, he’d bumped into a heavy metal chain. The anchor of the small yacht that had washed by earlier. The young men, having resupplied their craft, were just heading back out when their anchor had seemingly snagged on something. Activating the motorized winch, they were surprised to find a barely conscious, seemingly naked man clutching tightly to the chain. Seeing him still alive, the boys had hauled him aboard, and proceeded to administer CPR.

“I think we need to take him back inland,” one of the men, Joey, commented. “The dude looks totally waterlogged, man. We gotta get him to a hospital, like ASAP.”

“Yeah, Mark,” his friend agreed. “He does look in pretty bad shape. If he keels over and dies here on our boat, we’ll be, like, accessories to murder!”

Gene waved a hand dismissively. “Ach, now, no worry on that. I’m a bit soggy, but I’m fine. I promise you, I won’t be dying anytime soon, particularly not on this fine craft of yours.” Glancing back towards land, he frowned. “Still, I could use a lift back to land,” he shivered slightly, “and, perhaps a loan of clothes? I’d be more than happy to make it up to ye.”

Mark, the owner of the boat, frowned, considering. “Well, dude, I suppose I can turn the yacht around and drop you off, but we don’t have any clothes that we could let you... ah... ‘borrow’.”

Eugene smirked, slightly amused. The boy had taken in his straggly appearance, and his Scottish burr, and had formed a detailed opinion on his financial and social status. It would no doubt be less amusing if I didnae owe these boys my life. Still, Lacie’s in trouble, and time is of the essence... and I cannae go running around in my skivvies!

“Ah, well, do you have a satellite phone here on board yer ship?” He walked across the deck to the main wheel, and picked up the unit before the started Mark could object. “Ah, here it is.” He dialed a series of numbers. “Hello? Caitlin? Is that you? Aye, its me... I’m fine, actually, thanks to several heroic young men.” Mark, who’d opened his mouth to protest, frowned, put off by the praise. “Listen, Caitlin. I need you to do something for me. You know the advanced suit we have back in the lab? Yes, the new prototype... aye, I ken. I want you to bring it here, pronto!” He frowned, listening. “I dinnae have time to explain the particulars. Suffice it to say, someone just tried to drown me in the bloody river, and Lacie herself may be in dire straights! Now get the bloody suit down to the docks as fast as possible!” He listened and nodded. “No, take the corporate helicopter out. It’ll be faster. Oh, one more thing... have Jarvis bring my wardrobe out as well...and NO, I do not have time to explain that either!”

Hanging up, he turned to the shocked faces. “Thanks for the phone, lad. My people will be waiting for us by the time we return to land. And dinnae worry about the charges on the call; soon as my ride gets here I’ll see ye all compensated for yer time and effort.”

Walking past the boys, who began whispering among themselves, speculating on who could have a helicopter sent out to pick him up on a whim, Eugene sat down at the stern. Glancing down at the dark rough waters, he closed his eyes. ‘Twas a close one this time, Lacie darlin’, he thought to himself. Kinda makes you think a bit clearer on the little things... such as arguments with the one you love over stupid, trivial things. So what if she has a need to be dominated... to be brought down? So what if she needs it more and more, almost obsessing over that feeling of helplessness? He shuddered, recalling the several hours spent underwater. Don’t think I’ll ever understand that. Being helpless, vulnerable... wasnae verra fun in MY experience just now. Personally, I never wish to feel that way again. But... its what SHE wants, what SHE needs... and its a small price to pay if it makes her happy.

Glancing up at the city skyline, he sighed softly. I just hope you’re alright, mo duinne. I’m coming. I swear it. Just... just hang on a little longer...

* * *

“Hang on, pal!” Super Sonic yelled, sending his words through the rubble and to the ears of the person calling for help. “I’m not sure how the heck you got under here, but I’ll see if I can get you out!”

Glancing about the area, Parker frowned. He recognized the location from the news report earlier tonight; someone had bombed a small suburban residence. The residence stood in ruins just across the street; however, the cry for help he’d heard had come from a small bunch of debris and wreckage scattered several feet across the street from the blast. The rescue workers had dug through the remains of the house several feet, looking for survivors, before giving up for the night. Wish they could have at least left a shovel or a pick, or something.

Not spying anything helpful, he went back to the debris mound. “Hey! Pal. Um, can you tell me what it looks like down there? I mean, are you completely buried, or in a hole, or stuck in a pipe or something?”

“No, no, nothing like that,” came the reply. “It’s an underground tunnel... part of an old mine shaft, I’d guess. It looks old but pretty sol—huh? Oh, okay. My grandma thinks its part of an underground fallout shelter from back in the fifties, that was never completed.”

Parker nodded, thinking. “Okay. So, you say its pretty solid in there, then? No chance of a cave-in or anything like that?”

“Um, probably not, unless there was an earthquake or something. Why do you ask?”

“Because there’s no one here to help me dig, and I don’t have any tools or anything with me.” Super Sonic smirked. “But I do have an idea. Tell your grandma to step back away from the hole and to cover her ears. This is gonna be pretty damn loud.”

Giving them both time to prepare, he began building up his power. “Ughhh... ahhh, shit! I just remembered! I left my CD back in Madame Lupa’s bedroom... damn... and that was on of my favorites! When this is all over, I’m going to have to invest in an IPOD...” Unleashing his power, he fired a stream of concussive force at the debris, aiming as close as possible to the hole, hopefully cutting a trench for the people trapped instead of burying them alive. When the dust settled, and the air cleared, he peered down into the hole. When the man reached out a hand towards him, he breathed a sigh of relief.

“Ah, a Super,” Jerry said, pulling himself up out of the hole. “Thank goodness! I should have known. I was beginning to think grandma and I would be trapped down there forever.”

“No problem, it’s what we’re here for,” Parker replied, setting the man down, then frowning as he continued down to the ground. “Um, your legs? You can’t stand? Were you injured?”

Jerry shook his head. “Don’t worry about it. I was in a wheelchair BEFORE the crazy psycho bitch blew up our house. Hey, help my grandma out next, willya? I’m fine, a little dirty, but okay.” He sighed. “Just lucky I remembered that my grandpa had built that basement out of an old bomb shelter, and that the old tunnels were still there, just boarded up.”

“Uggghhhnnn... so... that blown up house... is yours?” Parker asked, staining to lift the heavyset older woman out of the hole. “There... careful ma’am, watch your step.” Sighing, panting a little from the exertion, he glanced over at Jerry. “So, you said some crazy bitch blew up your house? Did you get a look at her?”

“No,” Jerry shook his head, “but grandma did. She said she was a auburn haired girl, tall, slender, athletic looking—”

“Was she dressed in a dark, slate-grey costume?” Parker asked suddenly.

Grandma frowned. “Costume? You mean like what you’re wearin’? Nahh... nothing like that. But the suit she was wearing was a bit... unusual. The fabric kinda shimmered, like it wasn’t made of cotton or anything... almost like polyester, ‘cept it didn’t make that sound polyester makes when it rubs together. Yanno what I mean, sonny?”

Super Sonic nodded slowly. In his mind’s eye he could very well picture the woman who’d clubbed him and tossed him out the window. Yeah. The description fits perfectly. And if she’d covered up her outfit with an overcoat or jacket... yes. The only question would be why. What do these two people have to do with Omega Girl...wait. That doctor guys said family and friends... so they must be a couple of her friends. Heh. A bit of good luck finally goes our way; the psycho bitch didn’t kill them after all.

“Okay,” Super Sonic said a moment later, “I think I know where to find the one that did this to you. Sorry to save and run, but I gotta motor. One of the neighbors will be able to call an ambulance or something for ya.”

“Wait! You’re just gonna leave us here like this?” the elderly woman snapped. “Some super hero you are!”

Damn, woman! I dug you out of the ground, what more do you want from me, a piggyback ride to the hospital? Aloud, he said, “Ma’am, I’m just one guy. There’s nothing more that I can do here for you, but maybe if I act quickly, I can save some of the others—”

“Others?” Jerry spoke up, interested. “You mean other people were bombed besides us?”

“Er, well, not exactly. Not BOMBED, anyway. But Dr. Feelgood, the Mastermind behind all this, arranged for you, and several other... important people, to be out of the way, so he could goad Omega Girl into falling into a trap he set for her.” He sighed. “I really need to get back and help her, if its not already too late.”

“Wait a second!”

Parker turned, exasperated, but the look on Jerry’s face bestilled any objection. “27351 West Eagle Point. Get there as fast as you can.” Seeing the confusion, Jerry added, “If you’re really trying to help Omega Girl, you need to go to that address, pronto!” Glancing at his grandma, he murmured softly, “Let’s just say one of the people she cares the most for in this world lives there.”

Nodding, Super Sonic turned. “Then I’m off. Thanks for the tip. If all goes well, I’ll see you both again sometime.” With a sudden burst of speed, the red clad youth raced off, leaving a cloud of dust behind him.

“Pfft! Pfft! Dammit!” Grandma yelled, brushing herself off. “And I’d just brushed all the dirt off.” She sighed heavily. “Guess I’d better walk over to Ida Mayes’ and see if I can use her phone. You stay here, Jerry, and I’ll see if one of her boys will come out and carry you in.”

Jerry nodded, his mind already working. If his grandmother and he had been targeted, there was no doubt in his mind that Lacie’s father, and Gene Frasier, had been targeted as well. He only hoped and prayed that nothing was wrong.

* * *

“What’s wrong?” Amber asked, panic on her face, as the doctor calmly reached out and grasped Eva’s hand, clenching it tight enough to make her wince. “I said paralyze him!”

“I... I can’t!” Eva yelled, wide-eyed. “Something’s wrong! My... my powers!”

“Yes, its true,” Dr. Feelgood replied, throwing the frightened blonde back towards her Mistress. Sliding out of his coat, he began unbuttoning his shirt. “You see, my dear, I knew that you had something in the works... some secret plan for revenge against me. Oh, and Amber, dear, you’re NOT the most subtle person in the world. Once I sent you to capture Whitewash, I knew you’d see this as a chance to use her against me.” He chuckled, as he unzipped his pants as well, tossing the discarded clothes onto the floor. “I knew you would challenge me, you fool! That’s why I sent you, of all people, to capture the mind witch! I wanted it to happen. I even goaded you into it!”

Amber shook her head, backing away. “But... but why?”

“Simple, my dear! Now that I have Omega Girl, I have no need for you anymore.” He stood before her, clad in a very familiar skin tight dark grey bodysuit. “As you can see, I came prepared for your little coup. This suit, the twin of the one my darling Maddison wears, keeps a steady connection between us. Her power-neutralizing aura bleeds into the biometric polymers of her costume, and resonates within the biometrics of my suit... to a much lesser degree, to be sure, but enough that your little THRALL can’t work her powers on me.” He laughed, kneeling down to retrieve his pants. “At any rate, my dear, I warned you what would happen if you tried to attack me again.” Taking the silver knife from his pocket, he approached her.

“Perhaps it is a bit unfair to kill you, when I tricked you into violating our agreement,” he said, with a slight grin. “But, then again, it was insane of you to think you could best me, my dear. And there’s only one way to treat a ‘mad dog’.” Gripping the handle of the knife in his right hand, he shoved it forward, burying it deep inside Amber’s chest. “You put them down, for good,” he said with glee, savagely twisting the blade.

* * *

Mr. Happy glanced up as a loud knock sounded at the front door. “Oh, goody! he clapped with glee. “More company! Just what we needed! These sluts were starting to wear down anyway!” Making his way over to the door, he chuckled. “I hope its a girl with huge brea—”

SMACK!

Falling backwards, Sam Allotus clutched his nose, groaning in pain. Blood spurted from both nostrils, and tears leaked from his eyes. His smile remained, however, and shaking his head to clear it, he glanced at the open door. “Hmmm. You’re definitely NOT a girl with huge breasts. What do you want, kid? This is a twenty-one and over party.” He laughed.

“Cut the laughter, Mr. Happy,” Parker growled. “I’ve had a very bad day today. The last thing I am in the mood for is more of your silliness.” Glancing around the room, he felt his manhood begin to stir. “Where is Professor Gilbertson, you maniac?”

Mr. Happy frowned. “Maniac? Now, that’s no way to talk to your elders, boy!” Grinning again, he pulled out his toy gun. “Rrrrrrreeeeaaacccchhhh for the sky, Pilgrim!!”

Super Sonic rolled his eyes. “Oh, now come on! You have got to be kidding me!” The gun fired, and a plastic sucked struck him in the chest. “Oh wow,” he said sarcastically. “Looks like ya got me, pard-ner. Now what? Am I supposed to fall down dead?”

The ever joyful look vanished instantly, replaced with a savage glee. “Oh, you will, eventually,” he replied in a serious tone that surprised the scarlet super hero, “but not before the toxin on the tip of that dart takes you on a wild trip through la-la land. You think those sex-starved people behind us are blissed out? Wait a few minutes for that serum to hit your bloodstream.”

Jerking the dart off his chest, Parker stared at the small needle hidden underneath the rubber tip. It was stained red with blood. A smile came unbidden to his face, and his knees suddenly went weak. Oh shit! he thought dimly, as sparkles and colors started to dance before his eyes. Man, I’m tripping out! All those years staying clean and clear of drugs, and I’m going to die from a drug overdose?!? This sucks!

Super Sonic groaned, sinking to his knees. His head swam, and he felt his cock’s hardness pressing against his skintight suit. Mr. Happy chuckled at the sight of it. “Sorry kid, looks like you’re about to join the endangered species list. Too bad. too... after coming all this way to save the old geezer.” He laughed long and loud. “But now, who’s going to come and save you?”

“I am.”

Mr. Happy froze, the smile leaving his face completely. “No. It can’t be,” he said, slowly turning towards the open doorway. “I know that voice only too well...” His eyes widened. “YOU!?! Dammit to hell! What the FUCK are YOU doing here?!?”

Armor Man raised a silver metal fist towards the half-naked harlequin. “Just as I said, clown. I’m saving the kid... and putting you back where you belong... behind bars!” Two small darts fired, striking Mr. Happy in the chest. Several hundred volts of electricity arced between them, causing the white-faced man to dance wildly against his will. Finally, his eyes rolled up in his head, and he sank to the ground.

“Err... not... again...” he gasped before going unconscious on the floor.

Striding across the wooden floor, wincing slightly as his heavy metal boots scratched the polished oak finish, he moved over to Super Sonic. “Ach, the serum’s hitting you faster than normal. Hang on, laddie... I have what ye need right here in my belt pack.” Taking out a small vial from his utility pouch, he injected it directly into his gauntlet. Firing a small dart at the shuddering hero, Armor man stood back, watching as the boy came out of his fugue.

“Whoa... wow... this is the best one yet,” he said, shaking his head. “This hallucination looks like Armor Man... only in Silver, instead of red and gold.”

The “illusion” thunked him lightly on the head. “Snap to, kid. I’m no illusion. I am Armor Man. I just gave you the antidote. Now, pull yourself together. We need to clear the smoke out of this room, and inject these people with the antidote as well.” A sigh issued forth from his helmet. “Also, we need to find Professor—”

“Gilbertson?” Parker cut in. “Yeah, I know. That’s why I came here, too. This place is a mess... and I didn’t have much time to look around before I got... er, darted.” Rising to his feet, he glanced around. “Um, you take a look around for the Professor, I’ll get rid of the smoke.”

Gene raised an eyebrow, but nodded, letting the youngster handle his end. Within minutes he found the professor, still strapped to the gurney, shoved back into the kitchen, out of the way from the orgy in the living room. A loud whirring sound caught his attention, and he turned, bringing his offensive systems online, fearing an attack of some kind. Glancing towards the door, he smiled. Just outside the door, on the porch, stood Super Sonic, twirling around in a circle at super speeds. With his arms spread apart, his body was acting like a giant fan, sucking all of the smoke back outside, clearing the air inside the house.

Hmmm... clever boy, that one, he acknowledged. Glancing back at the body of his fiancé’s father, he sighed deeply. Now if only I can be half as clever. I have no idea what I’m going to tell Lacie when I see her next...

A quiet presence him made him turn. Glancing down at the scarlet clad boy, he shook his head. “No, lad,” he said to the unspoken question. “I’m afraid we arrived too late. Damn me, but it’s true...”

Parker hung his head. Shit. SHIT! I can’t believe I messed up. Damn... but what could I have done differently? If I hadn’t spend so much time with the two people buried... but no, that’s how I knew to come here. And if I’d left then buried, they might not have lasted the night... damn. It’s a no win situation... there had to be something I could have done differently.

For his part, Gene was having the exact same thoughts. Properly outfitted again, he’d called Jerry’s private line, only to received no signal. He’d tried Lacie’s apartment as well, finding no answer. Finally, he’d tried her father, who he knew would always be home, only to get a busy signal. Sensing trouble, he’d flown straight here from the harbor, arriving only a moment after the kid.

Finding his thoughts traveling in circles, he shook himself. “Come on, lad,” he said after a moment. Handing the boy several small vials of yellow liquid, he gestured to the semiconscious people lying about the room. “We’ll mourn the dead later,” he said softly. “For now, we need to tend to the living.”

“Yeah. And then we need to head to the Neilson Building downtown,” Super Sonic replied. “That’s where Omega Girl is being held. We have to save her.”

Aye, we will, Gene promised himself silently. And God help anyone who dares try and prevent it!

* * *

Slowly... ever so slowly... Lacie felt a heavy weight lifting from her mind. Awareness returned in slow intervals... her sense of self... her body... the floor beneath her... and finally the people around her. She blinked, suddenly completely aware of her surroundings again.

Laughter. Dr. Matthews was facing away from her, facing towards the tall dusky Latina, but it wasn’t him laughing. Unsure how and why she had been woken, she decided to stay put, for the time being. Eyes reduced to slits, she watched and listened as the scene unfolded before her, slowly building up her power.

“Impossible!” Dr. Feelgood exclaimed, jerking back as the laughing weregirl grabbed the knife blade, and pulled it free. “This is impossible!” he insisted, as the dark haired beauty held the blade up to her lips, and licked. “You should be dead! That is silver! SILVER!”

“Wrong!” Amber growled, tossing the blade over the doctor’s shoulder, missing him by inches. The doctor gasped, glancing back at the knife, sticking into the wall with a dull thud. “Stainless steel, DEAR doctor,” she replied, stalking slowly towards him. “Highly polished, and buffed, to make it LOOK like fine silver, but trust me, it wasn’t silver.” She opened her scarlet dress, showing her wounded chest, which proceeded to heal and close before the astonished doctor’s very eyes.

Scowling, he stumbled back, moving towards the temporary safety of his desk. “How?” he asked, circling behind his recliner. “When? You couldn’t pick up the blade, you couldn’t even TOUCH it—”

“No, not without causing myself serious pain and agony,” she agreed, smiling ferally. Her hair began to bristle, and her eyes flashed golden. “Certainly, I would not put myself through such a thing... oh, but my most loyal servant Robert, on the other hand...” She gestured with her hands. “A pity you weren’t more concerned about the affairs of your underlings, Doctor.”

Reginald swallowed. He recalled, now, the person she spoke of, the large, brutish fellow that had served at her beckoned call, the one she had replaced with Newton shortly after he had been captured. When asked, she’d merely gestured towards the former hero and said, ‘I grew bored of him and dispatched him for a new toy’. He’d thought no more on the matter, caught up in his own grandiose schemes, but if he’d been the one sent to retrieve the silver blade and replace it with a fake, the burns would have been too severe to escape notice. Getting rid of her most loyal servant out of the blue had been a chancy move, but she’d correctly assessed his level of concern at the wellbeing of mere underlings.

“You are clever,” Dr. Matthews admitted, moving to the left side of the desk, reaching again for his pants. “Far more clever than I gave you credit for.”

“I have you to thank for that, Doctor,” Amber growled, her face beginning to elongate. “You were a poor, brutal, and unkind teacher, but I learned my lessons well.”

Finding the button, he smirked. “Ah, but I think you missed the lesson on, ‘what comes next’, hmmm?” Holding the remote up for her to see, he smiled as she froze. Canine claws moved to the slender band around her neck and attempted to rend it. Savoring the moment, the doctor pressed the button, and Amber howled in pain as the collar shocked her viscously, causing sparks to dance from her fur. Laughing, triumphant again, he held down the button, prolonging her agony. “I guess you didn’t quite plan for EVERY little detail now, did you?” he taunted her.

A flash of light struck the remote, and this time Dr. Feelgood cried out in agony, as the remote in his hand exploded. Whirling around, he gaped at the impossible sight of his dominated, controlled slave, Omega Girl, glaring triumphantly at him, one glowing hand still raised from the shot she’d fired. “Oh, I beg to differ,” she said with a savage grin. “From where I stand, she seems to thought things out very well... much better than you have. Doctor.”

Cursing loudly, he surveyed the room, considering his options. The two most dangerous ones were, in effect, chained, Madame Lupa by the conditioning still within her mind preventing her from attacking him directly, and Omega Girl, literally, with chains. The slim blonde psychic held no sway over him, thanks to the energy dampening powers of his suit, however, she was under no such compulsion against attacking him physically. Sizing her up in an instant, he made his decision. Rushing over to the intercom on his desk, he yelled out, “EMERGENCY! MADDISON! I NEED YOU HERE RIGHT NOW!”

SLASH! A brutal claw swipe demolished the heavy oak desk, smashing the delicate electronic components in the intercom along with it. Reginald jerked back, crying out. Amber merely laughed, her voice distorted from her wolf’s muzzle. “Naughty, naughty, Doctor,” she chided him, shoving aside the ruined remains of the desk. “This is supposed to be a PRIVATE party.” Turning to Eva, she gestured. “Make sure the power stripping BITCH doesn’t interfere!”

“As you wish, my Mistress,” Eva replied, focusing her mind. “Ahh... seems several of our furry friends have already encountered her on her way up here.” She closed her eyes. “Wow. Brutal. Oh, Mistress, I wish you could see this. The little slut is pretty good... considering all the damage she can do with a simple wooden stick, she seems to be holding her own pretty well.” She frowned. “Ah... I see...” Opening her eyes, she sighed. “Mistress, it’s going to take her a while, but she will get here. She is able to keep your pets at bay with her speed and strength long enough to drain their powers, turning them back to normal men. Once they revert, she snaps their necks, and continues on.”

Amber’s eyes narrowed. “Determined little bitch, isn’t she? Oh well. You know what to do.”

Turning back to face the doctor, she smiled, showing a row of razor sharp teeth. “Now, then, Doctor... where were we?”

Standing smugly, the doctor grabbed the steel knife blade, sticking out of the wall. With a heave, he pulled it free. “Where are we, you ask? Right back where we started. All of this, all of your planning... and still we are back where we started so long ago.” He examined the blade. “You have me cornered, true, for the moment. But only for the moment. As your girl Eva just told you, Syphon will be here in a matter of minutes. She can easily handle your little slut, and she can hold you off long enough to turn you back to your human form. What then?” He chuckled dryly. “I could hand you this knife right now, but there’s not a damned thing you can do with it. My control over you guarantees that. You can’t hurt me, Amber. Stalemate.”

Amber seemed to consider for a moment. Then, with a simple gesture, she grabbed the blade from Dr. Feelgood’s hand, and slid it, blade first, deep into his gut. The astonished doctor gasped, clenching tight, as, eyes wide, he fell to his knees. “You know,” Amber said, almost conversationally, as she moved to the door, “your whole plan revolved around that one little idea, that your tampering with my mind, keeping me on a short leash knowing I was unable to bite.” She walked over to Eva, stroking her gently with the back of her sharp nailed claw. “I knew I would never be able to have my thrall sink her hooks into you. You’re far too clever for that. So... I let her into MY mind,” she grinned triumphantly, “let her dig out the hooks you’d placed in my head, freeing me to attack you when the time was right. Stalemate?” She laughed again. “I think you mean Checkmate, Doctor.”

Dr. Feelgood gasped, clutching his stomach in agony, feeling his life’s blood seep through his fingers. It was impossible, inconceivable, but he’d been outsmarted... and by a stupid mangy wolf! He opened his mouth, to beg, to plead, but the look in the half-beast’s eyes told him there would be none. He had tormented her for a long time, ridiculed her, savoring the power he had over her. Now, it seemed, it was his turn to suffer.

Lacie watched all this with a level of detachment. Ideally, she knew she should do something, knew she should use her powers to stun Amber and Eva into submission, escape her bonds, and take the doctor into custody, where he could receive medical attention. Distracted as they were, it would be simplicity itself. And yet... she felt no desire whatsoever to aid the doctor. He was hardly an innocent, in the first place. For all the lives he had ruined, for the deaths he had caused, it would be only fitting for him to succumb at the hands of his own subordinate.

It would be justice.

Something stirred inside her then, a feeling, a sensation she’d thought long departed. It tickled the very edges of her senses, of her psyche, but the simple brushing was enough.

Dark Star, Lacie realized at once. My own inner darkness. I can feel it... feel HER... stirring. I’d meant it when I told him I would kill him if I had the chance. And yes, I contributed to his downfall when I destroyed the remote control that was keeping Amber at bay. But... yes... she... no, I... I wanted more. I wanted to literally kill him... with my bare hands!

Instead of feeling horror or disgust at the realization, she felt... nothing. Cold. Empty.

Hollow.

What was the point of it all? she wondered. Risking life and limb, saving thousands of people I didn’t even know, just to FAIL in saving my own loved ones? What am I even fighting for, anymore? Why even fight at all? She glanced again at the face of her enemy, as he lay there, suffering. Still, she felt nothing, not even pity. What good was it to play by the rules, anyway? I tried for years to take down my enemies without killing them, without doing more harm than was actually necessary to stop them. I always held back... but the bad guys never did. And for what? Most of them are out there even now, prowling the streets, just biding there time till they strike again.

She laughed, a short, hollow, humorless sound. What was it they call it? ‘The never-ending battle for truth and justice’? That sounds about right. Never-ending. Well... I’m tired of it. SICK of it! Evil took away everything I loved and cared about, and all the damned well-wishing and thanks from the adoring masses won’t bring them back! Her hands clenched into fists inside the manacles. I’ve never hated anyone before... mad, yes, angry, sure... but right now, all I feel is... is... the burning need to hit someone, over and over again, until they can’t get up... and then KEEP hitting...

“Mistress, she’s almost here,” Eva cried out suddenly. “Another two minutes, three tops!” She frowned. “I think we should leave. You’ve already accomplished what you set out to do. You’re free of his control now, and the Doctor will suffer in pain and agony for several hours before he dies. Gut wounds are almost always fatal. There’s no need to stick around here.”

Amber considered. “Perhaps you’re right. Very well then, let’s away. We can escape this place, move to a new city, and start over, just the two of us.” She glanced around. “But first we need to get past the Master’s very determined little bitch. We need a distraction.” Her eyes landed on Omega Girl, and she smiled. “Ah, I think I have it. Let’s use our little heroine here to buy us enough time to get to the heliport on the roof.” Reaching out, she grasped one of the shackled girl’s hands. “Just a little bite,” she said, opening her maw wide, “and she’ll eagerly do my bidding.”

Eva struggled mightily to speak, seeming to force her mouth to move. Finally, the words burst forth. “Mistress, wait!” Amber glanced back at her in surprise. “There’s no need to turn her,” she managed, after a moment. “Look at her. I mean, really, LOOK at her! She’s angry right now, boiling mad. Just unchain her. I guarantee, when Syphon arrives and finds her Master stuck like a roasted pig, she’ll lash out at the closest warm body, and that would be Lacie.” She sighed. “And right now, Lacie’s just itching to lash out as well.”

Any further consideration of the matter was interrupted but a loud thumping outside the door. “Shit! The bitch is already here. Very well then, thrall. Unchain her, and let’s be off.”

Eva knelt down in front of her friend, working the key deftly into the wrist chains. “I’m sorry, Lacie,” she whispered. “I wasn’t strong enough to help you. I wasn’t... strong enough... to save them for you. I thought I could never understand how you could yearn for that... submissive... controlled feeling... you felt at the hands of the Mind Five.” She shook her head, a single tear rolling down her cheek. “Now I understand it only too well. The only way I could deny Mistress’ desire to turn you was to force myself to see that setting you free like this would be in HER best interest, as well as your own.”

Lacie said nothing, merely flexing and working her newly freed wrist. Eva sighed again, inserting the key into the other manacle. “I know you can’t forgive me... but I did fight it, Lace. I fight with everything I had. It just wasn’t enough.”

“I know,” Lacie whispered back after a moment. “In the end, it never really is.”

Suddenly the door burst inward. Eva gasped, dropping the key, as she jerked back to her feet. Syphon stood in the doorway, her dark grey uniform stained red from the brutal fighting. Her eyes swept the room, then focused on the sight of her Mentor and Master, lying crippled on the ground. “M...Master,” she breathed, moving over to him instantly, dropping her staff. She pulled away his blood soaked hands, then gasped, seeing the handle of the blade. “No,” she whispered softly, shaking her head in denial. “No. NO. NO! NO! NOOOOOOOO!!!”

Leaping back to her feet, she spied the two werewolves, moving towards the doorway. “Oh, no you don’t!” she yelled, snatching up her staff as she moved to intercept them. “You’re not getting away from me that easily!”

“HEY!”

Pausing, Maddison turned to see a third woman, naked and chained, rise to her feet in the opposite corner. Her eyes widened, then narrowed, as she recognized the object of her implanted hatred. Omega Girl stood, twirling one of the chain in her hand. “You want to settle up with someone, bitch, then you can settle up with me.”

Maddy stood, torn. On one hand, she wasn’t about to let the traitorous Madame Lupa escape after mortally wounding her Master; on the other hand, her need and desire to fight Omega Girl, to destroy her completely and utterly, was so deeply ingrained within her that it was as natural as breathing. Seeing her frozen in indecision, Lacie goaded her into action.

“What’s the matter? Are you just going to stand there, wide-eyed and slack-jawed, like the doctor did... when I shoved a knife into his gut?

That did it. “YYOOOOUUUUUU!!” Maddison screamed, focusing all her rage and anguish on Omega Girl. Lacie smiled, feeling her power drain away as the furious woman came closer and closer. This time, however, their roles were reversed. This time, Lacie stood, calm, and composed, awaiting her opponent’s charge, while Syphon, nearly mindless with anger and desperation, rushed headlong. Lacie closed her eyes, focusing all of her power, waiting for the right moment. A second later, she fired, sending a blast of Omega Beams straight at her target.

Syphon took the attack head on. She gasped, shoved back several feet by the attack. Completely unhurt, more shocked by the display of power that the actual effect. She gasped a second time as her staff, the target of the blast, withered away to dust, dissolving in her hands. “H.. how?”

“Simple enough,” Lacie replied, still swirling the chain. “You absorb the power around you, siphoning it away from its source. I’m a living Omega particle generator. It’s simply a matter of producing more energy that you can absorb at one time. Yes, I’m feeling the strain,” she admitted, “but I can last long enough to take you out for good.”

“Murderer!” Maddy yelled, charging at her again, bare hands raised.

Lacie sighed calmly, letting the younger woman grapple with her. She took the blows, not flinching, not even caring about the pain. She stood there, idly, letting the girl tire herself out, and then, when her guard lowered, Lacie struck, driving a single hard punch to the girl’s abdomen. Maddy’s eyes widened, the wind driven out of her, and she buckled. Lacie caught her by the shoulder, wrapping the chain around the gasping girl’s neck, catching it again with her other hand. Leaning in to whisper in her ear, she answered, “Murderer? No. Not yet anyway. But for you... yes, I think I’ll make an exception.”

And Lacie began to squeeze...

* * *

Up on the rooftop, Eva stood guard as her Mistress began the startup procedures for the private helicopter. Her senses were extended in all directions, looking for any sign of a threat, when she felt something... familiar. Focusing on it tighter, she blinked in surprise. It can’t be, she thought to herself, digging deeper... only to feel her probe deflected. It is! He’s alive! Her momentary elation was detected by her Mistress, however, and the elation turned to equal parts shame and devilish enjoyment.

Looks like my nephew is more resilient and resourceful than I ever imagined, she sent to her Mistress. He’s back, and he’s coming our way, fast!

“Truly?” Amber asked aloud, knowing her thrall could read her reply. “How fast is he moving?”

Suddenly the rooftop door burst open, and Eva groaned, struck hard by a red moving blur, sending her unconscious. “Is that fast enough for ya?” Super Sonic quipped, standing before the helicopter, arms crossed at his chest. “It’s over, Madame. Come down from there and surrender like a good girl.”

Shaking her head, partly in amusement, partly in irritation, she powered up the rotors. “I don’t think so, lover boy. It was nice while it lasted, but I don’t intend to go quietly.” The helicopter lifted off into the air, hovering a few feet above the roof. Unable to think of anything else, Super Sonic leaped on the strut, clinging tightly as the craft moved away from the roof.

“Oh, shit! What the HELL was I thinking?” Parker moaned a few seconds later as a wave of vertigo struck him full force. His stomach clenched tight in his chest, and it took all of his willpower not to expel its contents into the night sky. Grabbing hold of the door handle, he banged hard on the fuselage. “Are you crazy? Land this thing now, before someone gets hurt!”

Amber laughed wildly, bringing the craft around on its side, swerving left and right, trying to shake him off. “Sorry, my friend,” she replied, “but it never would have worked out between us. You’re too much of a goody-goody, and I’m... anything BUT.” She swerved again, heading towards a looming skyscraper, veering off at the last second, smiling evilly as the metal strut glanced against the stone, making sparks. Parker managed to hang on, kicking away from the damaged strut, clinging to the helicopter by the door handles alone. “Persistent little wretch, aren’t you?” she growled. “Fine. We’ll do it the hard way then.”

Suddenly the aircraft shuddered, jerking to the side. Amber shrieked, panicking as the steering column refused to respond. “Sorry, but this flight has been cancelled,” a mechanized voice called out from below. Suddenly, the helicopter surged upward, to the rush of jet engines firing from underneath. “Just sit back and relax. ETA for the federal penitentiary, six minutes.”

“Like hell,” Amber murmured, pulling back on the choke. Revving up the engines to their maximum, she tried with all her might to break free, causing the craft to shudder as the rotor engines warred with Armor Man’s boot jets. A loud cry sounded moments later.

“AHHHHHHH SHHHHHHHIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!” Parker screamed as he tumbled free, falling down towards the street far below.

“Hang on kid!” Armor Man yelled, releasing the copter. Diving downward, he rocketed after the falling hero, pouring on the jets as he strived to catch up to him before terminal velocity. Stretching, reaching, he managed to grab the boy’s wildly flailing arm, reversing his downward motion, leveling out twenty feet above the pavement. Parker shuddered in his arms, and Gene peered down at him, concerned that he was somehow injured... until the younger man puked, splattering his silver armor.

“Sorry,” he said, sheepishly, wiping his mouth. “Flying and me don’t get along very well.”

“I noticed,” Armor Man commented. Glancing skyward, he gasped. “Oh, no! The copter!”

Indeed. Amber, in her desire to slip free of her captor, had gunned the engines to their maximum. Released from Armor Man’s steel grip, the craft was suddenly freed from resistance, and shot forward like a cork from a bottle. Amber screamed in terror as the craft hurtled headlong, out of control, towards am empty building being renovated. The craft hit seconds later, exploding it a large fireball, raining fiery debris down to the empty lot below.

“Damn,” Parker said with a shake of his head. “Didn’t want it to end like that... but maybe its for the best. At least now, Newton, and my Aunt Eva will be free of her control again.”

“Yes. Good point.” Armor Man gestured back towards the Neilson Building. “I’m heading back to see how Omega Girl is doing. Are you coming?”

“NOOOO!!” Super Sonic replied. “NO, no thank you. Just put me down. I’ll RUN back, thanks.”

Chuckling, he dropped the youth back at ground level. “Suit yourself. I’ll meet you there.” With a blast of heat and sound, the Silver Avenger streaked across the sky. Parker, taking a deep breath, settling his stomach, took off after him.

* * *

“GGAAAAHHHHKKKK!”

“That’s it,” Lacie said softly as she applied even more pressure. “Struggle. Fight. Fight for your very life, even though you know it won’t help.” She jerks slightly to the side, lifting the girl off the ground by the chain around her neck. “Come on. Fight. FIGHT ME!” she snarled in her ear. “This is your LIFE you’re fighting for. Your very life. Nothing is more important, girl... once your life is over, there’s nothing else left.”

Maddison struggled with all of her strength. She gasped for breath, struggling to move the chain away from her throat, and allow precious oxygen to reach her. Lungs burning, head swimming, she clawed at the chains, trying to break free. Her strength was failing rapidly, and her vision was growing dim.

I’m... dying... she realized suddenly. I can’t break free. I’m going to die!

Lacie held her there, feeling her struggle lessen, weaken, knowing it was only a matter of seconds now. Guilt at taking a life was warring with the dark anger and hatred within her, the need to release the girl before the end struggling with the macabre desire to see the girl’s life fade before her very eyes.

I want it, she thought to herself. I want to see it. I’m just as dark and twisted as the people I’ve been fighting all these years.

NO. You’re not! a familiar voice sounded in her head. Lacie! For God’s sake, let her go! Don’t do this! Don’t cross that line!

“Shut up, Eva!” she yelled back. “I want this! I NEED this! It’s JUSTICE, Dammit! Justice for Jerry, and Eugene—”

“No, it’s not,” Armor Man’s mechanized voice called out from the doorway. Lacie gasped in surprise, nearly dropping the chain, loosening it enough for Maddison to gasp a desperately needed breath of air. “It’s not justice to kill someone who’s done wrong to you, mo duinne,” he continued, stepping inside the room. “That’s vengeance. And we don’t do vengeance.” He reached up, and removed his helmet, revealing his face. “It’s not what YOU do, Lacie.”

“Gene.”

Lacie dropped the chain, letting the air-starved girl crumple to the ground with it. Maddy coughed and wheezed, clutching her throat. Her face was bright red with exertion and strain, and she felt weak as a newborn, but she was breathing.

Gene activated the dispersal function in his armor, which contracted and compacted back into his gauntlets. Sliding them off, he ran over to Lacie, clutching the weeping girl tightly, whispering endearments into her ear as he held her and stroked her gently. “Shhh, its okay, my love, it’s okay. It’s going to be all right.”

Parker entered the room moments later, half carrying his Aunt Eva. They stood there at the doorway, silently watching, saying nothing for several minutes. “Can you help her?” Parker asked at last, whispering so only Eva could hear him. The blonde psychic shook her head.

Not right now, she sent back, sadly. I’m not in much better shape than she is, mentally or emotionally. She shuddered again, as the backlash of losing her Mistress, and being suddenly released from her deeply ingrained thralldom shook her. And even... even if I were... capable right now... she wouldn’t trust me. She can’t trust me, Parker... not yet, anyway. She sighed sadly. Maybe never again, after the way I took her all her deep seeded fears and needs and used them to control her.

Super Sonic patted her hand gently. “It wasn’t you, Auntie,” he replied. “She knows that, deep down. It’ll take her a while to work through it, but eventually, you two will be friends again. I’m sure of it.”

Staring at the weeping sobbing form clutching Eugene tightly, Eva shook her head. I only hope you’re right, nephew. I only hope you’re right.

<<to be concluded...>>