The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

A Permanent Position

mc, ff, fd, ft, hm

Synopsis: Maddie takes a job as a live-in maid for a demanding older woman. Over time, her duties change...

Chapter 1

Maddie regretted taking the job already.

“I don’t know what to tell you. This is the room we showed you during the interview,” said Jessica, her new employer. Maddie looked around, trying not to frown.

It was obviously a closet. She looked at the small, windowless room and noticed that shelves took up much of its space. This definitely wasn’t the one Jessica showed her before.

“What about the other room, with the French windows? I thought I was going to be living in there,” Maddie said, calmly.

“That’s the guest room, I told you that from the beginning. Weren’t you listening?” Jessica answered. Maddie frowned. This wasn’t what she signed up for, but she was afraid of arguing with Jessica.

The last time they had negotiated, Jessica got Maddie to accept the job for less than half of the pay she wanted. Maddie winced at how foolish she felt when she asked for $18 an hour and Jessica counter-offered $8. Rather than walk out, as she would have normally done, she felt the urge to bargain with the older woman. By the time they were done, Maddie had agreed to take messages for Jessica at home, let Jessica’s family use her car, and act as a “clothing valet,” whatever that was. In return, she got a pay raise to $9/hour, which was still below minimum wage.

She was desparate to have this job, but she couldn’t tell you why.

“Um, Jessica, I don’t really know.. I mean.. I think....” Maddie started. Where was this stammer coming from? In every other aspect of her life, she was assertive and outspoken. Whenever she wanted to disagree with Jessica, though, she became a stammering mess and could barely make a point.

“Listen, Maddie, I’m not going to re-negotiate anything here. You were okay with this room before, I don’t see what the problem is. Just get rid of some of your stuff if it’s a space issue, Sarah and Fiona can help,” Jessica stated, finally.

“Okay, thanks,” Maddie replied, horrified that she was thanking this woman for telling her to throw away her beloved things.

Sarah and Fiona were Jessica’s daughters. Sarah was the older one—a blonde giraffe who aspired to be a fashion designer. Supposedly she went to a fashion school for a semester then dropped out. Now she just spent her mom’s money on designer clothes and spa treatments. Maddie suspected that she hadn’t worked a day in her life.

Fiona was the baby sister. She had just graduated high school, and was taking a ‘gap year’ to find herself. By Maddie’s impression, this meant smoking a lot of weed and partying with fairweather friends. Fiona dressed like an emo scenester—she dyed her hair black, wore hoodies and boots and jeans in 90 degree weather. Maddie wondered if she had ever seen the girl without elaborate eye makeup on.

Maddie nearly had a panic attack as the girls rifled through her stuff. They threw out her clothes so quickly she didn’t have time to argue, and Sarah kept coming up with new insults for pieces of Maddie’s clothing.

“Oh these are so cute! I wish these didn’t go out of style two years ago,” the blonde said as she looked at Maddie’s high-wasted shorts, then threw them into the ‘donation’ pile. It struck Maddie like a slap in the face. She loved those shorts.

Fiona wasn’t any better. She would throw away anything of Maddie’s that was brightly colored. Even her socks were picked through—Sarah only permitted her to keep her black ankle socks. By the end of the ordeal, Maddie only had things in dark or neutral colors that fit Sarah’s impossibly high standards for fashion. It amounted to about five different outfits. She could dress in fancy cocktail dresses or as a rebellious teenager, but not much in between.

When the girls left with Maddie’s clothes, she sat on the twin-sized bed (Jessica had promised her a queen-sized bed, she was sure of that), and sighed. Still, Maddie was never one to despair, so she unpacked her things and began decorating her room. She put up a framed picture of herself at the pyramids in Egypt, and another of her at half dome in Yosemite. The decorating lifted her spirits, and she was humming to herself as she hanged the last decoration: a photo of her with her friends where she looked especially cute, the light catching her brown hair perfectly. The room wasn’t much, but Maddie found a way to be happy in spite of it.

How much does a person need to be happy?

Maddie sat to meditate. She was three breaths in when her phone rang, Jessica’s name showing up on the caller ID.

“Hello?”

“Listen, Maddie, I heard that Sarah and Fiona helped you get rid of some of your stuff. That was nice of them.”

Maddie felt a flash of anger, and almost spoke up, but Jessica didn’t leave any room in the conversation for her response.

“Just know,” Jessica continued, “that I still expect the house to be clean when I get back at 5:30. So you should get to work now.”

Then she hung up.

Maddie looked at her phone—it was 1 in the afternoon! She looked at the list of responsibilities Jessica had left her. It was a three-page document full of bullet points in small fonts. Was it longer than the original agreement they made? The young brunette didn’t have time to think it over, and jumped to her tasks like a scared rabbit.

The next several hours were a blur of domestic chores. The only appropriate outfit she had to wear was a pair of tight black jeans and a long-sleeved flannel shirt. She was barefoot, since they didn’t leave her any appropriate shoes for the job. She quickly became sweaty, and panicked more and more as the time ticked away. Within two hours, she was running from one task to the next, haphazardly dusting and sweeping in an attempt to do everything on the list.

5:30 rolled around and Jessica walked in, perfectly on time. She wore yoga pants and a tank top with spaghetti straps. Her strawberry blonde f was in a neat bun, and she kicked off her flats by the doorway. Maddie was on her hands and knees, dusting beneath the sofa, and stood up to meet Jessica at the doorway.

“Welcome home, Jessica,” Maddie said, smiling. She was painfully aware of the difference between them: Jessica appeared calm and relaxed, while Maddie was sweaty, flushed and a little dusty. She nervously wiped the dirt from her knees.

“Thank you, Maddie. Let’s go through your progress and see how your first day went!” Jessica replied.

The inspection was utterly humiliating.

Jessica kept finding small mistakes Maddie made: she didn’t clean behind one toilet, and didn’t dust the tops of the blinds in Jessica’s room, among other small oversights. Every time, Jessica would write something down on a clipboard. Maddie was afraid to meet her gaze, and looked down, usually at Jessica’s bare feet. Maddie noticed that it she didn’t used to take things so personally.

When Jessica finished her inspection, she sat on the living room sofa and rested her feet on the coffee table, so her soles were facing Maddie. Maddie didn’t feel comfortable sitting, so she remained standing awkwardly in front of Jessica, waiting for her to speak. Jessica kept Maddie at attention for a while, and Maddie felt increasingly annoyed as she stood dumbly in front of Jessica.

“Well, at least the soles of my feet are clean from walking around right?” Jessica commented, amicably. Maddie nodded.

“You can’t tell from there! Get up close and see if there’s any dirt on my feet. You can kneel on the ground to get a better look,” Jessica told Maddie, pointing at the ground.

Besides herself with anger, Maddie still knelt before the older woman to study the soles of her feet. She had smooth soles, with high arches and surprisingly long toes. Maddie noticed one piece of lint on Jessica’s feet, and reached forward to pick it off for some reason. She noticed how soft Jessica’s feet were as she touched them.

“Oh, good, thank you. This will be how we check to see if the floor is clean when I get home. Go ahead and throw that piece of lint away and we will talk about your performance.”

Maddie nodded, and tossed the lint in a convenient wastebasket. Then she returned to Jessica, nervously standing in front of her.

“Listen, I’m not happy with your work today,” Jessica explained. Maddie gave her a pained look.

“You skipped at least half of the things on this list, and you had all day to work on it.”

Maddie wanted to object and say that Jessica’s daughters took up most of her day, but she got the sense that it would just upset Jessica more. She kept silent.

“I’m sorry,” Maddie said, to break the uncomfortable silence.

“I know, but that’s not enough. I hired you to do a specific job and you’re not doing it. I know this job is very important to you, so what do you think we can do about this?” Jessica said, making strong eye contact with Maddie. Maddie’s heart rate went up and she began breathing faster. Was this a panic attack?

“I don’t know... maybe I could work harder?” Maddie finaly managed to say, meekly. She felt a tension in her stomache as she realized how pathetic she appeared, giving Jessica a pleading look.

“That’s obvious,” Jessica replied in a sarcastic tone, “but it’s not specific. I want you to come up with a measurable, realistic way of making up for today.” The eye contact continued. Maddie would say anything to make it stop. She gazed at Jessica, in awe of her cruel beauty: her high cheekbones and severe eyes. Suddenly, an idea occured to her. She didn’t have time to think about whether it was a good idea.

“I could, like, take a pay cut until you’re happy with my work,” Maddie said, furrowing her brow. Jessica’s blue eyes seemed to bore into her, and she had no way of knowing if the woman was pleased.

Jessica smiled, and Maddie breathed a sigh of relief. Her whole body relaxed.

“That’s a wonderful idea, Maddie! I’m so glad you came up with it. I agree that you should take a pay cut. How does 50% sound? I’d say you did about half of the things on this list.”

Maddie was suprised how quickly Jessica came to that conclusion. Maddie clenched her jaw, determined to say ‘no.’ She was thinking a 50 cent pay cut would be more fair!

“It sounds...” Maddie started, her cracked voice hinting at her inner resistance, “Like...” Why couldn’t she refuse Jessica?? “It sounds great, Jessica, thanks for being understanding.”

When Maddie finished speaking, she felt a strange mix of revulsion and relief. It was like she just got off stage after giving a terrible performance. She was ashamed of herself, but relieved that the ordeal was over. Jessica smiled, and finally broke the eye contact, looking down at the clipboard and nodding.

Maddie tried not to think about the fact that she’d now be making $4.50 an hour, but the thought kept springing back into her awareness. On an 8 hour work day, she’d make about $32 after taxes. She surpressed a shiver as she thought of how she’d pay her bills or student loans.

“You’re welcome Maddie. Just don’t be surprised when you see your paycheck. Since you’re an independent contractor, you have to pay both sides of the taxes: employee and employer. Your take home pay might be closer to three dollars an hour. I’ll get you some work clothes though, so you don’t have to dirty your own clothes when you’re working around here,” Jessica explained.

Maddie wanted to take issue with Jessica at first, but the mention of work clothes excited her. Her eyes lit up at her gratitude.

“Thank you!”

Maddie returned to her room and reflected on the day. She saw her college degree hanging on the wall, boasting of her magna cum laud in Marketing and Psychology. She remembered her senior year (she graduated a year early) managing two different teams to create senior seminar projects. Her academic advisors both warned her not to take on such a course load, but she was confident in herself. The dean had personally congratulated her during the graduation ceremony. How did she get from there to working as a live-in maid? Didn’t Jessica promise her some kind of hands-on assistant work in the interview?

Maddie yawned, and lost her train of thought. She picked up a copy of Forbes magazine and began reading the lead article, but it didn’t hold her interest. Ditto with the copy of an autobiography written by some multimillionaire.

It was her resolution to read a book a month to expand her knowledge, but she decided to take today off. Instead, she got out her computer and watched silly cat videos online. One of the ‘suggested videos’ was about how to clean the floor without causing any streaks. She watched all 10 minutes of it, then followed to the next video. The next one was about how to clean dishes without leaving any soap spots...