The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

A Permanent Position

Chapter 2

The work clothes turned out to be a disappointment.

Jessica bought Maddie pairs of dolphin shorts in different colors and patterns: hot pink, zebra stripe, baby blue, and jet black. Each pair was vanishingly short, leaving most of her tan thighs exposed. She also got Maddie a collection of racy Bandeau tops. Some barely covered her boobs, others were wider, but not a single one went down to her bellybutton. Some of the tops had spaghetti straps, some had silly fringes around them, but they were all tight and constricting. Maddie looked at the tags on the clothes: each one had “hand wash only” printed on it. She sighed.

The biggest shock was the receipts she found in the bag, though. Each piece of clothing cost at least $40, and some were much more than that. When she added the totals together, it came out to over $600! Maddie changed into a pair of baby blue dolphin shorts and a black bandage crop top she found in the bag and went to talk to Jessica. As soon as she left the room, she felt exposed—only the tiniest part of her body was covered. She looked more like a teenager at a slumber party than an adult college graduate. And it was cold in the apartment! She hadn’t realized until now, but Jessica kept the air conditioning on all the time.

Blushing, she went to Jessica’s room and knocked on the door.

“Come in,” Jessica called out.

Maddie walked in, and Jessica gave a smile as she looked over the girl’s body. Maddie got the impression Jessica was checking her out—she looked up and down her entire body. Maddie shuffled her bare feet around nervously. She still didn’t own any appropriate shoes.

“Jessica, I was wondering why the receipts are in the bag,” Maddie started.

“Wait, first turn around, I want to see if those clothes fit right,” Jessica ordered.

Maddie’s blush went to her ears, as she gracefuly turned around, spinning on one foot.

“Wow, I did a good job on those, huh?” Jessica asked.

“Yes,” Maddie answered. “Thank you.”

“The receipt is in the bag so you can know how much you owe me. You didn’t think I was going to pay for those, did you?”

“Yes!” Maddie answered, balling her fists at her side.

“Maddie, that wouldn’t be reasonable,” Jessica began, losing her patience already. “I pay for the mortgage, the food, the cleaning supplies, all the utilities, and your wages. You want me to pay for your clothes too? Does that sound fair?”

Maddie wanted to argue that she would never buy such expensive things for herself, and that they weren’t even to her taste anyway. She looked at Jessica, sitting in her bed relaxed on a Saturday morning and felt a wave of anger rising in her. She bit her cheek and tasted something metallic.

“Yes, it does,” Maddie said. It was nearly a whisper.

“Hmm?” Jessica said, acting like she didn’t hear Maddie. She might not have, considering how quietly Maddie spoke.

“Jessica, I want...” Maddie began. She felt panic set in, and realized she was hyperventillating. She could see the words she wanted to say in her mind, but to actually speak them felt like jumping off a cliff. It didn’t lessen her urge to say them.

“I want...” Maddie started. She could not will her mouth to move. Air got stale in her lungs. Everything in the room seemed to move away from her. Then Jessica made eye contact again, and Maddie met her gaze. Maddie tried to cling to some memory or image that would strengthen her, but everything circled back to this moment, and some unspeakable fear.

“How can I... repay you,” Maddie said, breaking eye contact and looking down. She didn’t have to look at her to know that Jessica’s smile had grown wider.

“Just little by little Maddie. It should only take you thirty days to raise that much money on your wages. Do you want me to withold it from your income?”

Maddie wanted to disappear.

“Yes please,” she muttered.

Maddie rushed into her room, in dark spirits. She changed into a black T-shirt and jeans, then checked her phone. She saw her friend Lisa had invited her to go to the beach, and she accepted even though she didn’t have anything appropriate to wear.

As Maddie turned the doorknob to go outside, she heard Jessica call out her name. She thought of pretending not to hear, but didn’t want to lie. So she closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and walked to Jessica’s room. She noticed that Jessica had changed to go out for the day, into a reasonable dress and flats.

“Listen I know it’s supposed to be your day off but there’s an emergency. We were invited to a movie premier tomorrow and we don’t have anything to wear since our laundress quit. We need you to do all the laundry in the house today.” Jessica told her.

“Jessica, I made plans today.” Maddie answered, acutely aware of how whiny she sounded. She noticed how it was easier to make an excuse than to say ‘no.’

“But those plans aren’t an emergency, right? This is.” Jessica said, firmly.

“Well, not exactly... but...” Maddie mumbled.

“Okay, perfect. Thank you, this is really helping us out. Make sure you change back into your work clothes, though.” Maddie straightened up at the suggestion.

“We need you to do all of Sarah’s clothes, all of Fiona’s clothes, and all of my clothes. And do all the bedding and towels. Make sure you read the labels.” Jessica commanded. She continued getting ready for her day, picking up her purse from a chair. Before Maddie could think of a reasonable response, Jessica was out the door. Maddie threw herself on Jessica’s bed and screamed into a pillow.

Maddie changed back into her skimpy work outfit and texted Lisa that she couldn’t go out today. They agreed to meet up tonight at the bar, and Maddie felt better about having something to do that was outside of her job.

The laundry was a massive project. Each hamper was overflowing, and since the women owned such nice clothes, there were special directions for much of it. She tossed a load of Jessica’s panties into the wash machine and selected the ‘delicates’ choice, since their tags had ‘hand wash only’ on them. She drew a line at washing other womens’ panties by hand.

Maddie got bogged down in Sarah’s room, sorting through the girls’ enormous pile of designer clothes. Judging by the brandnames, some of these things cost hundreds or thousands of dollars. Maddie also noticed that Sarah had taken a lot of her own clothes that she had supposedly donated. She felt a pang of jealousy as she noticed how much clothes they all had, while she owned barely a stitch of clothing herself.

The laundry took her many hours. Fiona sat on her bed texting while Maddie sorted through her clothes, didn’t offer to help once. Maddie swore she heard Fiona laugh when she saw her sort through the girl’s panties.

“Make sure you wash those by hand,” Fiona said, emphasizing the word ‘hand.’ Maddie cursed her silently: why did an emo girl sound like a spoiled Orange County girl? Maddie ignored Fiona’s comment, thinking the girl was just acting spoiled.

In the early evening, Jessica came home looking tanned and content. For her part, Maddie was feeling content as well. It had taken her six hours, but she had done everyone’s laundry and made their beds. She smiled at Jessica, honestly proud of her work today.

Jessica sat on the living room couch and kicked off the brown leather flats she was wearing.

“Take those to my room, would you?” Jessica told Maddie, referring to her shoes.

Maddie picked up Jessica’s flats and put them away into the shoe rack in Jessica’s closet. She noticed a leathery smell coming from them, but she was rid of them quickly enough that it didn’t bother her. She returned to find Jessica sitting on the couch, resting her legs on the coffee table.

“Ugh I love those shoes but they make my feet so sweaty! It was such a beautiful day outside, perfect beach weather,” Jessica said, not to anyone in particular. Suddenly she noticed Maddie standing there.

“Oh, Maddie, you’re here. Good. Why don’t you take a seat and tell me how your day went?” Jessica said, pointing at the sofa across from her. Maddie sat down, realizing it was the first time she had sat on the living room furniture since her job interview.

“It was good, I guess. I would have liked to go out, though,” Maddie responded. Jessica gave a mysterious smile. Just then, Fiona enterred the room, seeming ready to go out.

“How did Maddie do on the laundry, Fiona?”

“Um, she didn’t wash my panties by hand. Sooo I’d say awful,” Fiona said, contemptuously. Maddie glared at her.

“Is this true, Maddie? Did you not follow directions?” Jessica asked. An image went through Maddie’s mind.

A snake about to strike.

“I put them on the delicate cycle in the washing machine, I’ve read that...” Maddie started but Jessica cut her off.

“Did you do that with my panties too?” Jessica demanded.

“...Yes.” Maddie replied meekly.

Jessica closed her eyes, and was silent. Maddie felt less and less sure of herself as the silence grew. Even Fiona didn’t dare to say anything.

“Fiona, please go get all my panties from my room.” Jessica said. Fiona smiled sadistically, as though to tell Maddie, ‘you’re in for it now!’

Fiona returned a few seconds later, with a handful of Jessica’s panties. Jessica arbitrarily picked up a single pair—dark red thong-cut panties. She stretched them once, then set them back down.

“These have lost their elasticity. They’re worthless.” Maddie stared at the pile of panties like it was the corpse of someone she had just killed. Jessica picked up another pair of panties, a lacy black pair of boyshorts which Maddie found uncharacteristic for a psychiatrist.

“This one has shrunk. It was uncomfortable before, but now it will be unbearable,” Jessica remarked. It went on like this. Fiona watched the scene with glee—was being a sadist some part of her emo attitude?

Jessica only had to look through a few more panties before she came to her conclusion.

“Maddie, you have ruined all of my panties. I won’t wear a single one of these again. I thought I could trust you. You really let me down.”

Maddie felt her heart sink.

“It goes without saying you’ll have to buy me an entirely new collection of panties. You should know that I don’t wear cheap clothes. Ever. It will probably cost over a thousand dollars to replace my entire collection,” Jessica explained, taking the role of a judge delivering a sentence.

Maddie bowed her head and silently prayed for strength.

“To make sure this doesn’t happen again, I’ll have to install nanny cameras throughout the house. I really didn’t want to do this, but you leave me no choice. Maybe if you think I’m watching you at all times, you won’t try to cut corners,” Jessica went on. Even in her anger, Maddie had to admit that Jessica was decisive.

“Now we need to decide a punishment, so you know your actions have consequences. What do you think is fair?” Jessica asked Maddie.

Maddie had a rare moment of clarity. She didn’t have to put up with all of this!

“Nothing. It was an honest mistake.” Maddie said, firmly. It was the first assertive statement she had made in the week she had been working here. Jessica raised an eyebrow.

“It was carelessness and you being lazy. Now you’re trying to make excuses. I guess I’ll have to decide your punishment. I choose... A haircut.”

Maddie inhaled sharply, flaring her nostrils. Instinctively, she grabbed onto her ponytail with one hand as though to see if it was still there. Fiona stiffled a laugh.

“What??” Maddie finally spoke.

“Yeah I’ve been thinking. Your long brown hair just doesn’t suit you for this job. I think you’d look better with short hair. Maybe a pixie cut,” Jessica explained, eyeing Maddie’s thick brown hair.

“No. I won’t do it.” Maddie replied. Her voice cracked.

“Yes, Maddie ,you will. The only question is whether you should have it dyed or not...” Jessica said in return, ignoring Maddie’s objection.

“Have her dye it white! With pink highlights!” Fiona added, maybe taking inspiration from one of her fashion magazines.

“That’ll look good, let’s do that. It will cost a fortune to upkeep, though. How will she pay for it?” Jessica asked.

“I quit.” Maddie said, plainly. Jessica eyed her like Maddie had just stepped into her trap.

“Well, that’s your decision. It’s not a very good one, but most of the decision you make aren’t any good,” Jessica criticized Maddie. Fiona laughed.

“Since your work contract also included a rental agreement, this is considered breaking a lease. You will need to pay me $9,900 for the 11 months that you won’t be occupying the room. I will expect you to vacate the room within a week, so I can put my next employee in there.”

“Fine,” Maddie said, setting her jaw. One way or another, she was determined get out of this situation. She began to get up to leave.

“You’ll spend the next week screwing up one way or another. Maybe you’ll put a glaring typo in your resume, or show up late to an interview, dressed inappropriately. Even if you make it through the interview, you will list me as a reference and I’ll tell them you stole from me. Which is technically true.”

Maddie shook her head, fighting back tears. If it was all so awful, why couldn’t she disagree with what Jessica was saying?

“Besides, what skills do you have? You’re just a maid and laundress. I doubt you can even remember the things you learned in college, and you just graduated!” Jessica taunted. The words cut Maddie. The things she had learned dissolved like fog at some terrible sunrise. And the sun was a dark star.

“No, Maddie, you won’t make it out there. In a week, you’ll come crawling back to me, begging for your old job. Here, take this business card. It’s the stylist I want you to see before you come to see me. We’ll just tell her how to style your hair, so you won’t have to worry about a thing. But don’t expect me to be lenient when you come back. You can go now.” Jessica finished. Maddie stood up and practically ran to her room.

Unwanted mental images flooded her mind: she saw herself with a white pixie cut, kneeling before Jessica, kissing her feet while Sarah and Fiona waited their turn. She felt tremendous regret at having quit, and pinpricks of fear ran through her as she imagined the future. Maddie tried to vizualize herself as being successful, but the only future she could imagine involved her in Jessica’s house wearing skimpy clothes, waiting to be told what to do. Maybe Jessica would forgive her if she walked out right now and apologized, and agreed to get the haircut...

Maddie immediately stopped that train of thought. Even though she had no faith in herself, she resolved to try to find another job.

The next week was perhaps the worst in Maddie’s life. Everything went wrong: her prized BMW broke down and wouldn’t start, so she had to take taxis and busses everywhere. Her computer had some kind of virus that made it load certain websites extremely slowly. It took her far too long to load a classified section or a company website, but for some reason time-wasting websites were fine. She felt she should reach out to friends or family, but she was too proud to admit her problems, so she put on a brave face and pretended things were going well.

Maddie got one interview with a marketing company, and showed up 20 minutes late wearing a red dress that was more appropriate for the club than for an interview. She gave an awful interview, repeatedly mixing up names and bad-mouthing former employers. On the elevator ride down, she realized she had forgotten to wear panties.

The only other interview she had was a ‘working interview’ for the Pegasus energy drink company. She imagined that the job would be more prestigious, but she was little more than a free sample girl for the brand.

Maddie was grossed out by the drink’s taste, finding the pink concoction to be utterly bitter and sour. It didn’t even give her the right energy, just making her jittery and uncomfortable as her supervisor had her drink cup after cup. Part of her agreement was the “Pegasus challenge,” which involved her drinking a can of the stuff a day and posting about it on her social media sites. Instead of paying her, they gave her a case of the nasty pink beverage, enough to last her a month of daily use. She had to drink it down quickly before it got flat, and it ruined her appetite and attention span for hours.

On the sixth day, she called the hair stylist and made an appointment. The stylist seemed to be expecting her call, and gave her an appointment for 3:15. The stylist told her to wear her work clothes to the salon and Maddie agreed.

The makeover took quite some time.