The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Reality

Note: To those who are concerned, the beginnings of this story (this chapter) is merely a synopsis of the world I have created. It has no plot, nothing of the sort, it is simply an explanation of the world. Starting in the second chapter I will dive right in, with a lot less explanation of the world within. If you wish to be informed, consider reading a bit about the world before entering the story. Also there are character bios, brief but informative, as well as geographical information, culture etc. Please shoot me emails of you like the story!

History and Gameplay

The Reality was created thirty years ago as a revolutionary virtual reality computer game. Players go on quests and gain levels and equipment while joining guilds, creating alliances and friends in the magical land of Axaellel (Ax-uh-lell) all the while experiencing this in the first person, their senses and movement read by their computers. Players will often form teams in order to delve into more dangerous areas. Any player can fulfill any class role, however certain races and players are better for certain roles then others, e.g. a Northman is better for tanks then a Southman, however these predispositions can be overcome with a lot of work (see Kormak GreenSteel). A player cannot kill another player, only “kill” them and force them to be put on a respawn timer. The only time players can kill one another is in a duel where both players must consent to the duel. Death of a player’s character means an instant restart of the game. The player starts back at level 1 not being allowed to keep any items, money, or connections. Thus, with the established system, a death of any player is rare and most duels or PvP battles are fought to a quarter health. The most common death is that of players taking on challenges too difficult for their skill level and/or being killed off by various assassin guilds. Assassins prey on sleeping players who grab the characters hand, open up command windows and force a duel where they slay the player in their sleep.

There are 4 basic roles on a team:

However it is also possible to specialize into classes which are hybrids of the common roles. Players are allowed to choose their class at level 15. A sample of classes is as follows:

Demographics and Geography:

The elves reside in the western part of the land Axaellel, a large portion of land that is largely forested except for in the northern most mountainous tundras. Humans reside all throughout the land, specifically in the northern most mountainous tundra regions, the southern most desert regions and the eastern most temperate regions. In the center resides several magical races such as pixies, dwarves, and goblins which has a large mountain known as The Point, as well as a large forest. On the south eastern island reside the were cats which is a mix of tropical jungle with a snow topped mountain at the center and grassy plains on the opposite side. Werewolves are all but extinct and vampire enclaves survive underground. At the worlds southern most part resides the Ivory Tower on a small secluded island. The tower is guarded by powerful enemies where at the top, the gods are supposed to reside.

Races:

Racial demographics:

Guilds:

Upgradable Stats:

Combat Stats:

Skills:

Character Bios:

The Pantheon

The Pantheon is the international celebrity group of players renowned to be the best and strongest in the world. Although they are of different mindsets, they are masters in their own right. There are only four spots in the group, one for each major role played. These positions are most often taken from guild masters of the most powerful guilds.

Pantheon Team:

The Following of The Reality:

Approximately 4.6 billion of the 10 billion people on Earth watch the Reality actively and 5.6 billion in some shape or form on and off. At the grand tournament known as the Obelisk Cup, the ultimate victory for any team, there is a consistent 6-7 billion person viewership of the final match. Merchandise, news coverage, etc. are all centered around this “Virtual Sport” which has largely replaced all other forms of entertainment and media.

The Obelisk Cup:

The Obelisk Cup is the pinnacle of tournaments for a player of The Reality. It is a best of three rounds match consisting of the two best assembled teams in the world. Historically, the first team is always The Pantheon, and only a few challengers have ever dared enter. The glory involved is massive and The Pantheon holds a 29-0 record. (the first Obelisk Cup caused the formation of The Pantheon and thus did not exist.) The rules are simple, the last team standing, no matter how many members of the team are alive, wins, no questions asked.

Other Tournaments:

There are is one other significant tournament, the Golden Rune Cup which is a qualifier for the Obelisk Cup. Whomever emerges from this sixty four team tournament earns the right to challenge the Pantheon. There is a solo tournament known as the Monument Cup for the strongest solo player in the world. Kormak GreenSteel holds the longest record, and most wins of any player with five consecutive wins. The tournament consists of sixty four players, all who can enter by passing a rigorous trial quest. Then it becomes a single elimination tournament, based on rankings determined from the quest until the winner is decided. Everything is allowed besides other players direct interference.