The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Revenge of the sdreN

Chapter 2

Catherine woke up half-remembering an unpleasant dream. Not a great start to a day. She rolled out of bed, and looked blearily around her room.

Something was off. When she could finally see the waking world clearly, she knew what was wrong. Her room had undergone a makeover. Gone were her grey sheets, her bookshelf and her posters of famous female scientists. In their place was pink sheets, a vanity and posters of models. When she looked more closely at the posters she realized they still depicted the same people as her old posters (Lisa Meitner, Marie Curie, Andrea Ablasser, etc.) but instead of depicting them in dignified poses, they all seemed to be posing for the camera and wearing skimpy outfits. Had someone really gone through the trouble of photoshopping these pictures?

This had to be a prank of some kind, though Catherine had no idea how someone could have pulled it off. The posters and furniture were one thing, but how could they switch her bedsheets without her noticing? Oh well, she would just have to take this in stride. She did her usual morning routine as best she could, but ran into a snag. Apparently, someone had taken the liberty of changing her entire wardrobe of conservative, professional clothing with miniskirts, midriff- and cleavage-bearing tops, and similar skimpy clothes. Great. This prank was going from vaguely amusing to annoying now.

Catherine got dressed in the most conservitive outfit she could find (which still showed off her stomach and legs) and went down to the living room hoping to find some answers. Instead she just had more questions.

The usual early birds of Nu Epsiolon Rho were all down in the living room, but they were all dressed more like they were going to a party friday night than their second day of classes. Catherine was also surprised to see that all of them were wearing make-up, when it was sort of an informal rule that no one in Nu Epsiolon Rho had the time for such things. Catherine walked up to Sai, who was working hard on a piece of bubble gum and texting someone on her iPhone. (Didn’t Sai have a basic flip phone, so she ‘wouldn’t be distracted’?) Sai was only wearing booty shorts, and a sports bra—rather daring for a girl who had just been teased about her weight yesterday.

“Hey, Sai. What’s up with the way everyone’s dressed? Is there an event or something?”

Sai finished her text message, and looked up at Catherine. “You’re one to, like, talk. Where’s your makeup?”

“I, uh, don’t wear makeup.”

“Kat, I’ve know you for, like, three years, and I’ve never seen you leave the house without makeup.”

Kat? Catherine hated that nickname—she had always considered it too informal. That was the least of her problems right now though.

“Sai, if this is some sort of practical joke, you guys can stop now. What is going on right now?”

Sai rolled her eyes. “You’re acting mondo wierd, Kat. This is what, like, happens when you don’t put your makeup on. It throws your whole, like, day off! Let’s go do your makeup so we can meet our boyfriends for breakfast.”

Things were happening so fast, Catherine could barely keep up. “Boyfriends? We’ve never had boyfriends.”

Sai giggled. “You can’t be, like, serious! With your hot body, I’d be surprised if you’ve gone more than, like, a week without a boyfriend since high school.”

Catherine looked down at her same, plain body. What was Sai on about? Had the whole world gone mad!?

Catherine didn’t object as Sai led her back upstairs to her room. Sai sat Catherine down at her vanity, and began to do her make-up while carrying on a one-sided conversation about something. Catherine sort of tuned her out, only offering the occasional “uh huh” of acknowledgment as she began to try to puzzle out what was happening. A practical joke was becoming less and less plausible as an explanation for all the weirdness going on. That’s when Catherine saw it out of the corner of her eye. The necklace Sai had given her.

It was impossible. There was no way... Had a twisted version of her wish been granted? Instead of getting the body she always wanted, was Catherine now in a world where her body type was considered ideal? So far, she had still only seen the inside of her sorority house. There was no way of knowing what the outside world looked like at this point. As a rational person and a scientist, she needed more data.

Sai finished Catherine’s make-up, and they walked from Greek Row to the dining hall. It was still pretty early, so there weren’t that many people out and about, but Catherine was fascinated by what she saw. The boys didn’t seem any different from how she remembered, but she was surprised every time she saw a girl. Plain girls, fat girls and even ugly girls all seemed to carry themselves with an amazing degree of self-confidence, while the girls with pretty faces, athletic bodies and curves in all the right places seemed to unconsciously try to make themselves invisible anywhere they went. The difference even seemed to extend to their clothing. The former group seemed to be fashion conscious for the most part, wearing name brands and flattering makeup, while the latter group looked like they just threw on whatever they had in their closet with out much concern (or expertise) in putting together a convincing ensemble.

These observations were cut short, when Catherine felt someone giving her a peck on the cheek.

“Hey, babe. How have you been?”

Catherine whirled around to get a look at the speaker. She was surprised to see Chad Gardener, who she recognized as one of the school’s football players even though she tended to ignore sports when she could help it. Was this the boyfriend Sai had mentioned?

Catherine tried to answer as if this wasn’t her first time chatting casually with a cute boy. “Uh, Chad. Hi. I’ve been, uh, fine. How have you been?”

Chad smiled, and took her hand. “I’ve been missing you, Kat. I wish coach wasn’t drilling us so hard, so we could have more time to hang out.”

The sound of a text alert rang out, and Sai looked up after reading it. “Jeremy said he’s already inside. Let’s not, like, keep him waiting guys.”

They handed their cards to the bored attendant in the dining hall uniform, and they were soon inside. Catherine went to the bacon and eggs line, and was surprised to see a familiar face next to her in line.

Jenny, the girl from Beta Iota Mu was here. She was wearing glasses, a baggy shirt and sweat pants, and she seemed to be shyly directing her eyes down towards her tray as if fearful of getting any attention. This was going to be a gold mine of data for Catherine.

Catherine tapped her on the shoulder. “Hey, you’re Jenny right? From Beta Iota Mu?”

The girl’s eyes seemed to briefly widen with panic. “Y-yes.”

Catherine was amused by this reaction. “I think our tables were next to each other at the fair yesterday.” This was a risky thing to say. Catherine didn’t know if their argument still happened in this version of reality.

Jenny looked around her as if hoping that someone would rescue her from this conversation. “Y-yeah.”

Catherine smiled. “If you wanted to, you can sit with Sai and I. I think it’d be cool to get to know you better.”

Jenny looked at her with a mix of awe and confusion. “Really?”

“Sure. The more the merrier.”

Jenny seemed uncertain what to say, but when they got their eggs and bacon she followed Catherine like a little lost dog.

Catherine arrived at the table where Sai, Chad and Jeremy were already sitting. “Everyone, this is Jenny. I’d like you to welcome her to our table.”

Chad and Jeremy seemed nonplussed, but Sai’s expression seemed to shift from confusion, to mild disgust and right back to confusion. Eventually there were a few unenthusiastic “hi”s exchanged, and Jenny awkwardly sat down at the table. Nobody seemed to really know what to say for a few moments, but eventually Chad broke the ice.

“So, uh, Jenny. What are you majoring in?”

Jenny looked at Chad uncertainly, and then, blushing, looked at her food while she mumbled. “I’m majoring in physics.”

Catherine was surprised. She had never seen Jenny in any of her classes. “And what year are you?”

Jenny pushed the eggs on her plate around with her fork, and said, “I’m in my Junior year.”

Catherine thought aloud. “Hm... I wonder why Sai and I have never seen you in any of our classes.”

Sai chimed in. “I don’t know how we, like, would have. There’s not a lot of overlapping classes for Japanese majors, physics majors and communication majors.”

This new information hit Catherine like a brick. Even with all the crazy changes that her wish had brought about, she had never even considered that her and Sai’s majors would be different. Why would she? Her wish was about being attractive, how was that supposed to lead to the side effects she seemed to be observing? What other side effects were there going to be? Catherine thought back to the posters on her wall. If those weren’t photoshopped...

“Jenny... this might seem like a strange question, but could you tell me who you consider to be your top five favorite female scientists?”

Jenny’s face lit up. This was apparently a topic she was fairly passionate about. “Well, I mean there’s so many great choices, I—... Well, if I had to pick five, I might say Lillian Russell, Aubrey Hepburn, Lillie Langtry... and Norma Jeane Mortenson. That’s only four though... So, maybe Heidi Klum. That last one might be a bit controversial, but her contributions to string theo—”

Catherine interrupted. “Heidi Klum is a scientist? Not a model?”

The table broke out into laughter. Chad ran his fingers through Catherine’s hair, and said, “You’re lucky you’re pretty, Kat.” He got out his phone and pulled up an image. “I don’t know who you have Heidi Klum confused with, but I don’t think anyone would mistake her for a model.”

He slid the phone to Catherine. She looked at the image, and saw that it was unmistakably Heidi Klum. Her blonde hair was in a bun, and she was wearing fairly dowdy professional attire, but her supermodel curves were hard to hide. The caption beneath the image said, ‘Heidi Klum accepts Nobel Prize for Physics.’

Catherine felt dizzy. This was really happening. Somehow, this was reality now.