The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Scrumptious Harlot

Chapter Five

by Behemoth

I had heard being pepper sprayed hurts. I had been misinformed. What hit my face was right out of Satan’s schlong. My eyeballs felt like they had been power washed in sriricha sauce. A swarm of wasps commenced stinging my nose and lungs. Every inch of skin on the front of my body from the nipples up exploded into the worst sunburn imaginable. I think I half-coughed, half-screamed as I stumbled back. Miriam kept up the spray until I tripped over some piece of furniture. My left ankle became a supernova when it twisted as I fell.

I heard Bethany’s enraged scream above Miriam’s shouting. My weak flailing sent my hand close to a bony ankle by luck more than intent. I jerked hard. There was a grunt when someone fell over. My head snapped to one side when a shoe kicked me in the face. I barely managed to a nutshot by twisting to one side. A numbness that would flower into a throbbing bruise later. Then there was the sharp crack of bone breaking. It was followed by the thuds of, say, a Louisevlle slugger smacking into flesh.

That is how the sheriff’s deputies found me sobbing in a pool of my own snot while Bethany beat the shit out of Miriam with my baseball bat.

* * *

Now I had the perfect excuse to take a few days off of work.

My cellphone camera clicked as I took a selfie of myself in the hospital bed. It joined the pictures of the doctor’s report that listed my battle scars: respiratory distress from capiscin, soft tissue injuries, and a second degree sprained ankle. My leg was elevated with a plastic cast-boot on my left foot. I grabbed another wad of tissues as I sent the text with the pictures attached to my boss’ contact number. Hours later, my nose and throat were still gumming up from the hellbrew Miriam had sprayed me with.

There was nothing more depressing than lying in a hospital bed on what should be a Sunday afternoon. The sole bright spot was Bethany curled up in a chair pulled up as close to my bedside as possible. She would have been in bed with me if the nurses had not objected. In fact, I had had to gasp out an order for her to comply to stop hospital security from tazing her. Bethany murmured uneasily when I stroked her disheveled red hair.

The privacy curtain around my bed swished open. The sheriff’s deputy who came through was a black man who appeared to be the love-child between Lou Gossett Jr. and a main battle tank. The badge clipped to his shirtfront read “Reeves” above an ID number. His uniform was neat in a way I associated with my Zeidah Joseph when he attended Memorial Day ceremonies in his Marine uniform. I was not sure about what rank the pips on his collar meant. He was definitely a rank above the uniforms who had responded to my neighbors’ 911 calls about the affray—or was it a scrum?—at my place. Bethany opened her eyes when he stepped close. Instantly, she became wary. I decided to maintain my right to silence as he flipped through the statement I had written out on a legal pad.

“Bethany,” Reeves rumbled, “you have caused a whole mess of trouble.”

“Me?” Bethany snarled. “I am not the one who flipped the fuck out!”

“Watch your tone, girl,” Reeves said. “Miriam was out of her mind with worry.”

“Oh, so that’s how it is going to go,” Bethany said. “I should have guessed. She gets away with everything.”

“Beth, calm down.” I rasped out. “Sorry about that, Beth gets a little rattled when someone nerve-gasses me on my doorstep.”

“Mr. Nussbaum,” Reeves said. “May I ask the nature of your relationship with Miss Dwight?”

“We are working that out,” I said. “How I met her is in my statement.”

“I would appreciate more detail, Mr, Nussbaum,” Reeves said.

“I am sure you would,” I replied. “However, I prefer not to share the details of my private life where it does not concern the crime committed on my person.”

“You were found in the company of a runaway with open liquor present,” Reeves said.

“I am eighteen, Myron!”

There was a moment of silence.

“’Myron’,” I echoed. “That does kind of kill the entire Wesley Snipes death-glare you have going. Tell me, you wouldn’t happen to be involved with one Miriam and trying to intimidate me?”

“He’s her half-brother,” Bethany said.

“I bet that’s an interesting story,” I said. “Beth, go around the corner and get me a Snickers or something? Here’s some change.”

“You sure, sir?” Beth hesitated until I made shooing motions. “Okay. But if you try anything, Myron, I’m going to kick your ass.”

Officer Reeves tipped back his peaked cap, scratching a shaven head, as Bethany stomped out.

“Not used to that?” I asked.

“Beth gets sullen. The backtalk is new,” Reeves said. “You have her wrapped around your finger. How long have you been grooming her?”

“The only time I ever talked to her,” I said, “was one day a few years ago when she was going door to door fundraising for her church. Until she crashed through my back window on Friday, that was the closest contact we had.”

“We’ll see,” Reeves said. “We’ll also see who a jury believes: a man who shacks up with an impressionable girl, or a church-going woman whose foster child he was hiding her from.”

“Maybe they’ll ask why she was hiding out at my place,” I said. “In the meantime, I would prefer another officer to take in my statement. Unless you want my next two calls to be to the sheriff and the B’nai Brith Anti-Defamation League.”

“Here.” Reeves tossed the statement into my lap. He paused before setting a box on the chair. “These are Bethany’s personal things. Miriam told me to toss them into a Dumpster if the girl wouldn’t come home.”

“Your sister is one classy woman.” I collapsed back onto the pillows. “So, why aren’t they headed to the landfill?”

“They’re her personal property.” Reeves looked offended. “I have no right to toss them. I’ll be watching you, Nussbaum.”

I resisted the urge to crank my middle finger up in response. Another deputy signed for my witness statement after Reeves left. I had a sinking feeling that it wouldn’t be worth much. I was not too worried about being charged myelf. Reeves had been blowing smoke up my ass with that implied threat. No, what was going to happen was Miriam getting plead down. First time offense, extenuating circumstances, yadda. Meanwhile, her friend on the force was likely going to ensure that I went through a lot of stops for breathlyzer tests and other penny-ante harassment.

I glanced at the box. Well, the man at least had a shred of decency. I dragged the chair closer to see its contents. What had to be some of her old clothes had been used as padding for...snowglobes? There had to be twenty in there. Some were from various tourist destinations in the states. Others were from overseas. There was a photo album full of those supersaturated postcards from the fifties and sixties. Tucked into one corner was an old-fashioned Viewmaster and a box of those circular cardboard slideshows. Setting the box aside, I pondered what it meant that Bethany had none of the stuffed animals or girly stuff you would expect her to have. Her dearest possessions were images of far-away places that she likely never expected to see.

Bethany returned at the same time as the doctor doing rounds passed by. She happily rummaged through the box containing all she held dear while the doctor checked me over. Diagnosis: keep off the leg as much as possible and get the hell out, we need the bed. Bethany listened attentively to the doctor’s instructions on treating my ankle. I may have zoned out a bit imagining her in a skimpy nurse’s uniform. A few minutes later, Bethany was wheeling me to the front entrance for the cab I had called for. Her things were in my lap.

Miriam was being escorted out the same time we hit the exit. Bethany stopped so quickly my sprained ankle was jolted. She actually took a few steps towards her before I grabbed her arm. She had already ducked out being charged with assault because this state had a pretty ironclad castle doctrine law. At first, Miriam did not see us as she walked between two sheriff’s deputies. She might have been preoccupied by arm in cast hanging from a sling. There was also a shiner around one eye. Then she spotted us.

The bitch actually smiled.

“Mr. Nussbaum, I forgive you,” Miriam said.

“You forgive me,” I said flatly. “Right, I did the horrible thing of standing there like an ox while you attacked me unprovoked.”

“You’re a weak man lured by her,” Miriam said. “She is seducing you into sin like the Whore of Babylon.”

“I am not a whore!” Bethany snarled. “I am a beautiful, sexy girl. I am never listening to your lies.”

“I should pity you as well,” Miriam replied. “Eventually he’ll become bored with you. Then you’ll have to move on to another man, then another. Your mother did that until her body was on sale to anyone to pay for it.”

“Amazing,” Bethany said. “You see something pure and good. And you shit all over it.”

“Excuse me for squeezing into this catfight,” I said. “May I ask a religious question: ‘does the Lord provide?’”

“Of couse he does, Mr. Nussbaum.”

“Good, because you better hope He provides you with a good lawyer,” I said. “Because I’m shopping for the law firm whose motto is ‘bite the pillow, bitch, we’re going in hard and dry.’”

“You can take all my worldly possessions,” Miriam said, face hardening. “I will still walk with Him.”

“Walk off a cliff for all I care,” I said. “And for your information, Bethany is staying with me. Where she will get good home free of abuse while she goes to school this fall.”

Bethany suddenly looked a little uncertain.

“Come on,” I said, seeing my cab pull up. “Let’s go home.”

* * *

The neighbors were out to see the latest episode of the Herman Nussbaum Show. I heard it was the top new hit on Netflix. People who had ignored me for years were watching from windows or the sidewalks when the cab pulled up at my place. I could just imagine the discussion in the metaphorical fandom chatrooms when the hot teen redhead last seen leaving in handcuffs stepped out. I tried to ignore the stares of the audience as I hobbled out on crutches. Kneeling on the sidewalk, Bethany guided my sprained ankle out so that it didn’t smack into the cab’s doorframe. Traffic probably spiked on the forums when she kissed my knee.

The cabby was very helpful carrying Bethany’s things as we went up the front walk. The tip might have had something to do with it. So might the fact that Bethany had occupied my lap in the ride home to show how much she appreciated me. Glancing over my shoulder, I saw a sheriff’s department patrol car was parked opposite my place. Joy. Myron Reeves had probably gotten an eyeful of his cousin’s PDA display. I was sure that was doing wonders for his opinion of me. The distraction had me stumble when a crutch caught on a crack in the walk. Bethany had to support me when I nearly collapsed from the pain of weight coming down on my left foot.

It was both a relief and a little emasculating for Bethany to force me to lie on the couch. I could only watch, a bag of frozen peas on my ankle, as she fixed up the mess from the battle royale. The advantage of buying pathetically-cheap lawn furniture for the living room was that it didn’t get damaged when a brawl broke out. Who knew? The worst were the shards of DVD’s that had been trodden during the fight. Great. That was one more thing to tack onto the damages I was going to seek from Miriam. Bethany held the cracked disc that had been Kiki’s Delivery Service for a bit. With a sigh, she tossed it into a trash bag with the rest of them.

“I thought it was over,” Bethany said. “I could hide out here where my old life couldn’t find me.”

“You would have been spotted at some point,” I said.

“Of course, it had to be the worst way possible.” Bethany slumped onto the couch beside me. “School is going to be hell this year. The whispers about me pulling a train with Brad and the others were bad enough.”

“I think there may be online high school courses,” I said.

“No, I’m not going to be the slut who dropped out and got a GED,” Bethany said. “Let them talk. I won’t have them turn what we have into something dirty like Miriaim tried to.”

“That’s my warrior.” I held her close. She nestled into my side. “If there were rumours about what happened, why didn’t you tell Myron about it?”

“He was deployed that year,” Bethany said. “He came back from Afghanistan a few months later. Myron was really angry all the time because of stuff over there. I was too scared to talk about it.”

“Please tell me that what I just met isn’t Mellow Myron,” I said.

“Myron’s idea of relaxiing is a ten mile ruck march,” Bethany replied. “Why do you think I stuck with Petunia? He is still a great guy. He taught me how to drive, though Miriam refused to let me take the tests.”

“We can make an appointment if you want to get your license.” I pointed at my foot. “Turns I need a chauffeur, what with my gimpy leg.”

“Maybe some day we can take turns behind the wheel on a road trip.” Bethany fished out a snowglobe from the box. “Just head out somewhere and—mmm—leave it all behind.”

“You want to leave it all behind, don’t you?” I felt her slump as her eyes stared at the swirling flakes. “Just relax and watch the pretty snow dance. Let all your worries go away.”

“I would watch these for hours ’n hours.” Bethany smiled goofily. “Lose myself an’ travel far far away.”

“Sir wants you to travel far away,” I whispered into her ear. “My brave, sexy, beautiful girl deserves peace. She is going on a long trip far away where she does not have to think for a while.”

“Ah. So pretty. So pure.” Bethany slid to her knees before me. “Master brings peace.”

“We are far away in a campground.” I eased down my shorts. “The fire is warm against your back. You are fed and safe. You are ready to serve.”

“The bleachers. Far away.” Bethany lovingly kissed my cock. “Only Master. Only joy. Only love.”

I shook the snowglobe, watchng the storm rage within, as my slave bent down to pleasure me.