The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Sibilant Staff

Tags: MC MF MD FU

Synopsis: In a tale from a forgotten and magical age, the feline adventuress Tessa accepts a wizard’s quest to retrieve a powerful artifact: a quest that will be her last.

This story is fantasy and contains descriptions of sex and other adult situations. If you are not an adult, or those ain’t your kind of situations, then read no further. All persons, places, and events in this story are fictitious and any resemblance to existing persons, places, and events, past or present, is entirely coincidental.

This story is © Libertine. Please feel free to re-post as long as this attribution remains intact. And if you do decide to share my story, I’d love to hear about it!

All comments, compliments, and criticism are welcome at . Enjoy!

And so it came to pass that, amid the dusk of the Eighth Age, the wizard Alazotz rose to power. Originally proclaimed Half-Mage of the Arcane Rhomboid - the loose fraternity of mages that largely controlled the study of magic - Alazotz was considered a paragon of mediocrity, the title of Half-Mage being a beacon to neophytes, a representation of the truly average. “Praise Alazotz,” the Arch-Mage Orval told the gathered throng at the ceremony proclaiming the frustrated new Half-Mage, “for showing us what it is to barely scrape by.”

Alazotz, though he’d fought fiercely to wrest any title at all from his rival, the previous Half-Mage, Whippoorwill, grew unhappy with being chief nonentity. Thus, he shut the doors of his black obelisk - a common style for wizard’s towers of the period - to the many young mages desiring average apprenticeship, and spent his time studying the ways in which one man, given a little power, might acquire much much more.

So it was that, at his invitation, a strange creature scampered into the foyer of Alazotz. Though the Felinath are lost to the pages of history, in the Eighth Age they were renowned for their curiosity and highly coveted for their innocent sexuality and inappropriate style of dress. Tessa, for that was the Human name given to the creature, a bondskitten from birth, gaped at the vast, glittering black room, hoping that the grandeur of the chamber would inform the pay - and, more importantly, excitement - of the job she’d been hired to perform.

Alazotz swept down the onyx stair in his drab robes, making a half-grand entrance as was his custom. He paused at the foot of the staircase, however, one hand clutching the leering gargoyle that capped the railing. He joined the statuette in its leer, captivated by the lithe feline woman tip-toeing among the artifacts on display in his hall. Her softly-pointed ears twitched this way and that as she inspected the fascinating objects in their glass cases, her clever little tail curled demurely behind her back.

Petite yet impossibly-proportioned, Tessa exemplified every strange fancy Man had ever entertained for her kind. Alazotz struggled to contain his arousal and cleared his throat. She turned at once, and he found the widest eyes he’d ever seen blinking forth from the prettiest face. Tessa curtsied and introduced herself, which was lucky for Alazotz because words had escaped him.

“Good day, Sir Wizard! Argyl Brand sends his regards.”

“Uh... And good day to you, miss... What shall I call you?”

“Tessa is my only name, Sir. And I’ve no title to accompany it.”

“Welcome, Tessa. And, indeed, I am the wizard Alazotz, Half-M... well, never mind. Anyway, Argyl said he would send his very best, but... Are you an adventuress?” He struggled to move his eyes upwards from her ill-concealed breasts. “Or a... a courtesan?”

Tessa blushed immediately, her hand unconsciously moving to the slight mark around her throat where a collar once lay. “Oh no, I’m... That is to say I... I’m an explorer, Sir. An adventureress. I was given to understand that you’d a relic wanted finding.”

“Well... pardon me, yes,” he said, composing himself, “An artifact of the Fourth Age, though its legacy may stretch back even further: the Sibilant Staff. And the mission is not one of finding so much as retrieval, for I have already located the object. However, its resting place is several days into the wilderness, and I have neither the time nor the inclination to brave the outdoors. Thus I require a capable adventurer to claim the Staff for me.

“The reward will be... substantial.” At this, Alazotz reached into his robes and withdrew a small pouch, heavy with clinking coin. “Will you be my champion in this endeavour, Tessa?”

Her eyes fastened on the leather pouch. She’d never been able to tell what she liked about coins more: their colour, or the interesting clinking sound they made when many of them were held together and shaken. The soft purring sound she unconsciously emitted was the most alluring sound - save perhaps for the now-forgotten warble of the Nargothan whorefinch - that Alazotz had ever heard.

“But of course, Sir. Simply direct me to the staff, and I shan’t fail to retrieve it for you!”

“That’s wonderful, Tessa,” Alazotz said, withdrawing the coins and producing a map. “Now tell me: what do you know about the Forest of Despair?”

It turned out that Tessa knew all about the Forest of Despair, and, since the sun was almost down, she would set out at first light the next day. Alazotz showed her to a small guest chamber which, she was surprised to see, contained a basket-like bed in the style of her people - he must have had, at one time, a Felinath maid. When her eyes closed she slept fitfully, full of dreams in which her keen ears burned. Upstairs, in his own bedchamber, Alazotz was doing more than talking about her: in his own dreams he muttered her name as she, bound once more with a collar, served his every desire.

Tessa hurried from the tower at dawn, glad to escape the too-familiar gaze of its occupant, and so it was not yet dusk the next day when she found the cave within which the Sibilant Staff supposedly waited. Though the forest held no terror for her, this jagged black crack in a wall of slate, narrow and winding immediately into utter darkness, gave her pause. How silly it seemed at the moment, but Tessa felt as though something was waiting within the cave, something cold in the dark under the earth. She meowed quietly to herself, weighing the strong sense of danger against the promise of adventure... and gold. Nervous, her tail twitched for long minutes before curiosity got the better of her, as it always did, at last.

The cave wound into the side of the hill, in and down, and Tessa was thankful for her lamp because even her keen eyes couldn’t penetrate the oppressive darkness. She padded along silently, carefully, over cold broken stone, not wanting to make a sound. Even her breathing seemed too loud with the walls so close at either side. The sense that she was intruding on something did not stop growing, and soon the sound of her heart pounding was all she could hear.

As the minutes passed, her heartbeat was overtaken by a deep, throbbing hissing sound, reverberating through the walls of the cave. Could it be an underground river? Tessa thought that it must be, and hoped no swimming would be required on this mission: she, like most of her kind, avoided being immersed in water whenever she could help it.

As she wondered if what she hated most about swimming was the cold afterwards, she realized she was cold. There was a terrible chill in the air as she followed the winding cave inwards and downwards, the pads of her feet and her fingertips were almost stinging with it. By the time Tessa pulled her warm furs from her pack, her teeth were chattering. The noise seemed unacceptably loud in the dark hush of the cave, and she rubbed her hands together beneath her mittens, urging her body to warm itself again. Thus garbed against the pervasive cold, she continued.

She trod ever downward, deeper into a dark that seemed to grow thick around Tessa, dimming her lamp and crawling in beneath her furs. Her fertile imagination pictured thick black tendrils sliding along her legs, teasing and testing her supple flesh, and chilling it until her body was numb. Perhaps the cold was making her mind numb as well, as time seemed to lose all meaning to Tessa. She no longer willed herself to walk, yet the legs that she could barely feel moved relentlessly, one padded step after another. Her head bobbed, drowsy with the dark monotony, the lamp thrust out in front of her doing less and less to illuminate the endless path.

Tessa had ceased to notice the hissing sound until it changed, the cave suddenly widening into in a large circular chamber. Chilled half out of her wits, Tessa took several long steps into the room before she stopped short and actually saw her surroundings. The first remarkable thing was that she could see them: an icy blue glow lit the room, replacing her lamp, which had grown so dim in the dark as to be useless. She set it down on the floor, which was dusty but smooth, as though it had once been cut and polished. The glow was just sufficient to tell that this room had been carved by intelligent hands, though any stonework or decoration was worn smooth and hopelessly cracked with age. In the center of the room was the only adornment: a low dais, ringed in old-world runes that were unreadable beneath a thick layer of dust, not that Tessa could have read such writing regardless. Stepping towards the dais, the source of the bluish glow that filled the room, she gasped.

The staff was beautiful. Rising from the center of the low, round platform, the artifact was as tall as she, a simple but beautiful length of platinum whose top half was wrapped in the most remarkable carving she’d ever seen. It was a serpent, a great cobra - she’d seen pictures in books of such legendary creatures from far-off lands - curling around and around the staff until its head came round the top and rested gently against the coils of its body. As she approached and bent close, Tessa could see the tiny overlapping scales, each seeming to be an individually-cut sapphire, deep and radiant blue. The serpent’s bulging eyelids were shut, and it seemed almost peaceful as it waited endlessly in the cold night of the cave.

Tessa realized she was purring at the mere sight of the thing, and that the rhythmic hiss she’d mistaken for rushing water was somehow coming from the staff itself. It didn’t occur to her that her purr and her breathing had begun to match that slow, deliberate rhythm. She reached for the staff slowly, afraid to touch something so obviously old and valuable, but she had to feel the texture of those bejeweled scales for herself.

She gasped again at the first touch: the serpent was smooth and warm compared to how cold her hands had become, and the little jewels felt heavenly beneath her fingers. She stroked the serpent’s delicate head, and could almost imagine she felt a tremor run through it at her touch. The hissing grew more insistent as she stroked, and her heart beat in her ears, pounding in the same slow rhythm. It was making her sleepy, and it was hard to do anything but enjoy the feeling of the pretty scales against her fingers and let herself be lulled into sharing the serpent’s deep and endless sleep.

Tessa forced her hand closed around the throat of the staff. Her mission had grown so distant, but the memory of coin and the danger of losing her senses in this deep pit far from home brought Tessa around. “I’m sorry,” she whispered to the staff, “but I can’t join you today.” She placed her other hand around the staff and tugged it from its base as hard as she could.

The dais refused to relinquish its grip, but Tessa’s mighty effort was not without effect: the eyes of the serpent creaked open, and the fierce crystalline orbs revealed were red and alive.

Tessa’s moan of dismay was lost in the sudden resurgence of hissing that accompanied the serpent’s glare. She found herself drawing up to her full height as the serpent unwound its head from the staff, staying eye to eye with the terrible red gaze as it pierced her. Her hands fell to her sides as her body grew numb and rigid. She was not cold, now, but robbed of the will to move a muscle. Tessa’s eyes grew wide and glassy as the serpent’s head began to sway, and her body began to mimic its motion.

Even the power to realize she’d been bewitched was lost to Tessa as the serpent’s gaze emptied her mind. Her body grew warmer and warmer, a heat spreading from her loins revitalizing the limbs she could no longer control. Stifling in her furs, Tessa felt herself removing them, and the paltry traveling garb beneath, baring her flesh to the fearsome serpent. Something in the red eyes awoke undeniable lust in the nubile girl, and she felt her tail tickling her thighs in anticipation.

Moaning, her body drew itself against the staff, its smooth jewels now hot between her breasts and thighs as she rubbed helplessly against its length. When she felt the tail of the snake uncurl from the staff and slide up her leg, she impaled herself eagerly. Her body offered no resistance as the serpent slid inside and, curling her legs around the staff, she began to thrust mindlessly, inviting the bejeweled artifact deeper inside her. With every thrust, her throat passed closer and closer to the serpent’s mouth, and Tessa was too far-gone to notice it open.

The hot red moment when crystal fangs sank into her throat coincided perfectly with her climax. As ancient venom began its transformative work in her veins, Tessa slid to the ground. The serpent’s body curled back around the staff, its malevolent glare highlighting her sweat-slick curves in red. She writhed beneath its regard, lost in the aftermath of sex and the agony of poison. The strange fluid the serpent had injected was hollowing out Tessa’s very soul, leaving her little more than an obedient husk.

When the serpent spoke in a sibilant voice within Tessa’s head, there was almost nothing of the young adventurer left to respond.

Collect yourself, slave, and bow before me.

“Yes, master,” Tessa responded, her girlish voice flat. She rose to her knees like a puppet on strings, bowing low in a posture of worship before the staff. When it allowed her to rise, she looked upon the jeweled scales with blank adoration, the memories of the quest that brought her drained away.

As the staff sifted through the memories it had taken from her, Tessa knelt, straight and still, bound firmly by the serpent’s power even while its regard was elsewhere. Its hiss quieted for a moment as the staff absorbed a particularly interesting piece of information, then throbbed around her mind again as it glared back down at her.

This “Half-Mage”, Alazotz, it hissed, You shall take me to him. For I demand to be held by one who can wield my power.

“Yes, master,” came the mindless response. The staff reminded her to put on her skimpy adventurer’s uniform, if only so she would not draw undue attention to their passage, and it now slid easily from the dais as Tessa wrapped it protectively in her arms. She would bring this ancient and terrible entity before the man who’d knowingly fed her to it, that the two might amplify each other’s power.

Tessa began the long, cold, winding journey out of the Sibilant Staff’s forgotten resting place, this time unaware of the physical discomfort. Neither the return trip through the cave or the long, dangerous nighttime hike through the Forest of Despair held any fear for her, as every moment in the staff’s presence deepened her thrall.

Alazotz, hunched as he’d been over his scrying pool since sending the nubile catgirl to her doom, was waiting in his antechamber to receive them. Tessa marched into the center of the room and her body locked at attention, holding the staff between the ample curves of her breasts. The serpent’s head faced outward, its bejeweled hood fully flared. Alazotz felt the terrible ancient will behind the piercing eyes press down on his own... and then subside. It had judged him and his arcane potential sufficient, and wordlessly commanded Tessa to present it to the Half-Mage.

The empty slave dropped easily to her knees and held the staff out as though gifting it to her new owner. And owner he would be, as the staff spoke in both their minds:

I have chosen you, Half-Mage Alazotz, for your potential and your ambition. You hunger to wield my power, and wield it you shall. Together, we will engineer the defeat of your superiors, and usher in a new age of arcane domination.

And, as a reward for seeking me out, I give you this mindless slave. Do with her... as you will.

Malicious lust burned in Alazotz’s eyes as he reached down to stroke the tips of Tessa’s pointed ears. She mewed reflexively, eyes remaining glazed, mind remaining blank. Though she had shed her collar long ago for the life of an adventuress, she was now more a pet than ever. And as the mighty will that had enslaved her bonded with that of the wizard, she knew nothing but helpless obedience to Alazotz.

The wizard stood ready to take advantage of her obedience. Indeed, as he parted his robe to reveal his rigid shaft, it was clear that he’d been eagerly anticipating it.

“In your mouth, first, my kitten,” he said, and gasped audibly as she immediately leaned forward to envelop him with her lips. “And then... beneath your tail.”

Not even the promise of that particular violation gave Tessa pause, as she stroked her master and bobbed her head, sucking him deeper into her warm, soft mouth. Whence this expertise had come was lost now to all but the staff, the girl’s muscle memory still intact even with the rest of her mind destroyed. It was only the work of a few moments to bring the wizard to the brink, and as she began to tease him with delicately-clawed fingers, he gasped like a beached fish, “Wait!”

She froze at once. Though she could follow through on a command to give pleasure with perfect skill, her actual actions occurred only at the wizard’s whim. And as he was determined to fill a different part of his slave with seed, he stepped away, trying hard not to lose control as she knelt on all fours at his command, sliding her adventurer’s shorts away. Tessa’s tail wiggled suggestively as she revealed her secret places.

Muttering a Word of Lubrication, Alazotz strode forward in conquest. He bent over to feel the weight of her breasts, squeezed as they were against the floor. Soon he was thrusting into his slave with abandon, her yowls of ecstasy threatening to drive him over the edge. As her nimble tail squeezed and tugged him deeper into her ass, he had to cast a simple cantrip to grant himself a few more precious minutes of endurance. Alazotz was almost out of breath when he finally came, spurting deep in his new pet’s loins, inaugurating her enthrallment fully.

Spent, it was all Alazotz could do to wrap himself in his robe and retrieve the staff. As he stumbled up the stairs to his laboratory, already imagining the fruition of the plans he’d been concocting for years, Tessa obeyed his command to sleep. Curling up in the bed in which she’d spent her last free night, delicious lethargy overwhelmed her. And so the basket indeed came to be the resting place of Alazotz’s first Felinath maidservant.

Without thinking, Tessa turned three times in the soft basket before laying her head on the tip of her tail and closing her wide, glassy eyes. When she was fast asleep in her new home, Tessa dreamed of nothing. Adventure and coin were lost in the forgotten past, and only a rhythmic hiss remained to fill and pacify her mind.