The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Sleepers

by J. Darksong

Part eleven : Meredith (cont.)

“Hello? Human Resources,” Meredith answered brightly, the phone cradled against her ear. “Miss Gardner speaking.”

Opening a file on her computer, she nodded with the voice speaking in her ear, her fingers fluttering rapid fire across the keyboard. “Ah, Mr. Daniels. Thank you for returning my call. We received your application, and I believe you have all of the qualifications we are looking for.” Scrolling down through her computer, she paused at the Daniels file, noting the green check mark. “Your background came through clean, and everything checks out. I would like to set up an appointment to meet face to face and go over a few final details prior to your acceptance, if that is okay? Say... tomorrow at three o’clock?” A pause. “Perfect. I shall pencil you in. I’ll meet you just outside our office at 331 Chauncey Street...” She listened for a moment, then laughed merrily. “Yes, yes, I know, I said exactly the same thing when I was first brought in! Rest assured, Mr. Daniels, this is not a scam, and I will be awaiting your arrival at three p.m. sharp. See you then!”

A knock sounded at the door as Roger slipped his head inside. “Good afternoon, Meredith. How are you doing today?”

“Perfectly,” she announced hanging up the phone. “I just booked Leon Daniels for his final interview. If he accepts, I will have filled every single staff position we have available.”

“Wow. That’s... that’s excellent!” he exclaimed with a laugh. “Oh Merry, you are wonderful! Seventy-two new hires in three months, and every one perfect for each position.” He shook his head. “I’d ask you how you managed to pick those few out of the several hundred applicants, but no... I’d rather not know. It spoils the magic trick when you know how it’s done.” Walking over to her desk, he sat down in the chair across from her. “So, what do you have planned for the rest of the day?”

Meredith shrugged. “I have an exercise session scheduled in about an hour, and I was planning to meet up with Natalia later for dinner at the cantina. Then, I thought I’d spend some time at the spa, take a nice relaxing soak in the Jacuzzi, and settle in with a good book.” She noticed his frown. “Why? Is there something wrong with having a nice relaxing night in?” Roger sighed.

“There’s nothing wrong with staying in for a change,” he said slowly, steepling his fingers, a habit, Meredith noticed, that he did every time he was nervous about something. “It’s just... well... you ALWAYS stay in. When you first came here, you balked at being ‘locked away’ underground, not being able to come and go as you please without the annoying process of being scanned and cleaned every time you reentered the compound. The first month you were here, you went back topside at least once a week. Since then... well, you haven’t been outside in eleven weeks...”

“So? I’ve just adapted to my surroundings, that’s all,” Meredith said with a reassuring smile. “Really, Roger. That first week I was feeling just a little stir crazy... but now that I’ve gotten used to it, this compound is really quite nice. With all the amenities, it’s quite like living in a four start hotel!”

“But even the people living in a hotel leave it once in a while,” he pointed out, his thumbs pressing together tightly. Meredith sighed, rolling her eyes. Time for the direct approach.

“Okay, Roger, spill it.”

He raised an eyebrow. “Excuse me? Spill what?”

“Why are you grilling me the third degree about how I spend my off-time? And for that matter, why have you been checking up on me these past few weeks? I know you’re my immediate supervisor, but I’ve seen more of you in the past three weeks than all the other office workers in this complex combined.” She crossed her arms. “Do you regret hiring me? Is that what this is all about? You have so little confidence in my abilities that you feel the need to constantly check up on me?”

Roger blushed hotly, averting his eyes. “NO! Certainly not! Your work has been... exemplary! Beyond reproach. It’s just...” Sighing he glanced down at his hands. “I’m just concerned about you. That’s all. You know, after that incident on your first day here...”

Ah. No wonder he’s been keeping tabs on me. A deep part of her felt flattered at his concern, as well as something else, that she chose not to dwell on... but the business part of her bristled slightly at the idea of him acting as her nursemaid. “I assure you, Roger, I am perfectly fine,” she replied with a bit more heat than she’d intended. “Other than a few rather... intense dreams,” she added, squirming slightly in her seat, “I came through the incident quite well. The doctors all gave me a clean bill of health, and seem perfectly satisfied to let me work unmolested. So... why can’t you?”

Roger glanced at her then, meeting the challenge in her gaze. His jaw tensed, and he opened his mouth, as if about to speak... then shook his head. “You’re right,” he said after a moment, deflating. “You’re a grown woman, perfectly capable of taking care of yourself. The last thing you need is for me to hover around you, peeking over your shoulder.” Standing up, he nodded to her again. “Sorry to disturb you, Miss Gardner,” he replied, using her formal name. “I’ll let you get on with your work. If you need anything... well, you have my office extension.”

“Roger...” she called out as he left, halfway standing, before sliding back into her chair. Damn. That didn’t go at all as I’d hope. Why did I blow up like that? He was just trying to look after me, that’s all. Sighing deeply, she glanced down at her monitor. “Frank,” she spoke into the intercom, “do I have any more appointments scheduled for today?”

“No, Miss Gardner,” her assistant replied. “your schedule is clear.”

“Very well. I am leaving for the day a few minutes early. If anyone calls for me before five p.m. just send me a text or page me at the gym.” Grabbing the small bag from underneath her desk, she shut down her computer and switched off the lights. She gave Frank a small smile as she passed him, which he returned graciously. Such a nice young man, she thought as she made her way down the now familiar corridors. Very efficient, though I suppose he wouldn’t be here if he wasn’t. Arriving at the gym, she found the area nearly deserted, with one other young woman working on a treadmill on the far side of the area. Perfect! A chance to work out in peace and privacy for a change.

Not that she was in bad shape or anything. In fact, she grudgingly admitted, since her time with the company, she had lost a few pounds, toned up her physique, and improved her overall health. If she were truly honest with herself, she would have to admit to looking and feeling ten years younger than her forty-four years, and very much in the prime of her life. Despite all these things, she was still quite shy, and preferred to work out alone if possible, feeling uncomfortable at the idea of people ogling her as she ran or swam, or biked, or whatever exercise she chose to partake. Speaking of which, swimming seemed like a perfect choice for the day, spending several minutes swimming hard laps before relaxing and floating aimlessly to unwind and cool down.

She’d just finished changing into a one-piece swim suit when the other occupant of the gym entered the changing area, nearly running into her. “Natalia?” she exclaimed, smiling. “I didn’t know that was you over there in the corner! How are you doing today?”

“Meredith! Good to see you too!” she replied, hugging her friend, kissing her cheek. “Da, Mr. Darkwood is in a meeting with the Direktor for the rest of the afternoon, so He gave me the rest of the day off. I decided to come and do a little exercising to burn off some excess energy. You?”

“The same. I was just about to swim a few laps.”

“Perfect! Give me a moment to change, and I’ll join you!” the bubbly brunette stated, rushing back to her locker. Meredith sighed inwardly.’

Oh well. If I had to share the pool area with someone, it might as well be my best friend at the facility.

* * *

“...which should increase her processing power by a factor of ten at the very least,” Armand Chase stated, glancing over at his friend. “Um, hello? Hello? Earth to Roger, are you there, pal?”

Roger jerked slightly, glancing up from his glass. “Sorry. What were you saying, Arnie?”

“I was saying that the new synthesized bio-organic memory cells should increase LOUISE’s processing power by a factor of ten.”

Roger blinked. “Louise?”

“Our central computer’s artificial intelligence? Logistical Operations Universal Intelligent SEntience. What else have I been talking to you about for the past ten minutes?” He sighed, looking Roger in the face. “Come on, Roger... what’s eating you? You’ve been distracted for the past several weeks now. What’s on your mind?”

“Meredith Gardner.”

Armand’s eyebrows rose. “The new head of HR? That red haired hottie you recently brought on board?” He chuckled, elbowing Roger in the side. “You dog! Heh. I can see why you’re distracted! She is a hot little piece of ass—”

“Cut it out, Arnie,” Roger barked, slamming his glass down on the bar hard enough for the bartender to glance up. “Sorry. Can I get another scotch and soda?” Eyeing him warily, the bartender filled the glass then walked away, giving them their privacy again. As soon as he was out of earshot, Roger continued. “Fine. If you MUST know, I like her, alright? I’ve always fancied her. We, um... had a ‘thing’ back in college... briefly.” He closed his eyes. “Very briefly. Long story short, I was a jerk, and broke her heart. I apologized, and we made up, remained friends, all of that... but it wasn’t until we were apart that I realized how much I truly missed her. After graduation, we went on to different things... different cities. Then, one day, a friend of a friend mentioned that she was working for Merrill-Lynch as the head of the secretarial pool, and was grumbling about being unappreciated... the corporate ‘glass ceiling’ and all that.” He shrugged, taking a drink of his glass. “Miss Whelchel was all set to retire and we needed someone qualified to take over, so I made a few inquiries, made a few calls... and the rest is history.”

“Uh huh,” Arnie replied, taking a sip of his own drink. “So what aren’t you saying? That things have gotten uncomfortable with her working her directly under you in your department? Or that the feelings you still have for her have suddenly made their presence known again? Or that you have no idea how to handle the situation?”

“How about all of the above?” Roger replied, grimly. “I thought I could keep things professional between us, you know? She was a friend, who was also an employee. Then, there was that incident a few weeks ago, when she set off Schweitzer’s new security program and nearly fried her brains.” He took another deep drink, barely wincing at the bite as it slid down his throat. “When I heard the news, I nearly strangled Schweitzer, and almost broke my neck getting down to her room to check on her.”

“Well, not that I’d much mind you choking out my boss,” Arnie said with a chuckle, “I am glad that she turned out to be okay. So... you obviously have feelings for her. You both have history. There’s no reason you two can’t just sit down and talk it out. True, the Director frowns on fraternization between staff members, but it’s not exactly an iron clad rule. I’m pretty sure even Assistant Director Darkwood is involved with his assistant.” He shrugged. “We are pretty much our own little republic down here, you know.”

“I know. It’s not that. It’s... well...” he sighed. “When I went to see her, she was, well... whatever LOUISE filled her mind with was apparently giving her some really really... intense dreams. Of the sexually graphic nature,” he added, seeing Arnie’s blank look. “Anyway... when the doctors said that there was no permanent damage, and that she would be okay after a memory purge, I started to head back out. That’s when... well...” he fumbled blushing hotly, “she... called out my name. Loudly. As she was... cumming.”

“Ohhh. I see,” Arnie replied, going slightly red himself. “So... that’s a good thing right? Apparently she still has some feelings for you too.”

“Maybe,” Roger mumbled, placing the empty glass back onto the bar. “You know what that security program was set up to do. She was literally tripping balls by the time the doctor examined her, the pleasure centers of her brain lit up like a damned Christmas Tree! Who knows what was going on inside her head?” He sighed. “Not that it matters anyway. The doctor performed a memory purge to reset her synaptic pattern back to normal, and she hasn’t shown anything towards me other than the polite friendly demeanor of an employee to her boss.” He chuckled ruefully. “As far as relationships go, I couldn’t be further from her thoughts.”

* * *

“It’s Roger,” Meredith said after a moment, paddling over to the edge of the pool. “Err, Mr. Ellsworth, that is.”

“Your supervisor?” Natalia asked, leaning back, kicking her feet lightly in the water. “What about him?”

“I... dunno,” she said awkwardly, glancing away. “He’s been pestering me for weeks now since my little... ‘accident’ with security,” making quote marks with her fingers. “It’s kind of sweet, actually... in a way. He’s always coming by my office in person to inquire how I’m doing, how I’m getting along, how I am adjusting to being underground, and so on and so on. All the technology in this place, all the computers and communication systems, and he comes all the way from his office over to mine for the simplest things!” She sighed. “It was... nice... at first, anyway. But frankly, it was starting to become... unsettling. When he came in today, I just... exploded. He admitted that he was spending all this time checking up on me because he was concerned about me... and I bit his head off.” She shook her head. “He’s more than just my boss, ‘Talia, he’s my friend. He didn’t deserve that kind of reaction. And... I don’t even know why I did it!”

“Is obvious, da,” Natalia replied, twisting her body slightly, bringing her legs back down below her. “You have feelings for him.”

“WHAT?” Meredith gasped, so caught off guard that she momentarily stopped kicking her legs, bobbing below the surface for a second. Sputtering, kicking, she turned to face her friend who was giggling at her expression. “What did you just say?”

“That you have feelings for your boss,” Natalia replied easily. “Is obvious, as I said.”

“But, I don’t feel that way about him—” she protested, only to fall silent as Natalia raised a finger.

“I am being Soviet Intelligence Agent for many years before I joining facility,” Natalia pointed out. “I was already trained observer of people, even without additional training and mental reconditioning. Whenever you talk about him, your nostrils extend. Your lips purse, and the tops of your ears turn red. Even now, when you were talking about how much he irritates you, you had this strange little smile on your face.” She tilted her head to the side. “You probably don’t even realize it, but to anyone else, it is obvious.”

Meredith sighed, pointing her toes, bringing her legs together as she floated flat on her back. “I don’t... know. Perhaps you’re right. I do... feel... uncomfortable around him... increasingly so over the past few weeks. It’s like... I don’t know where I stand with him, like he’s expecting something from me...” She frowned, her mind speeding up, thinking back on all of their interactions over the past several days... her trained enhanced memory noting all the similar physical cues during their time together, little things she’d filed away in the back of her mind at the time but never really analyzed. Until now.

“Oh... my goodness,” she exclaimed as the pieces suddenly fell into place. “I think... no... I know it... he has feelings for me. Natalia... my boss is in love with me!”

“Great!” the brunette Russian exclaimed, swimming over to hug her friend. “That is excellent news!”

“No, it’s TERRIBLE news!” Meredith exclaimed morosely. She swam to the edge of the pool, climbing out. “Don’t you see? This changes everything! Our entire work relationship, our friendship... everything! If there is one thing I know from my time in the business world is that working relationships do not work! And what happens if I spurn his advances?” She shuddered slightly. “If this were a normal office workplace, he might demote me, or send me to a different department, or flat out fire me. But here? What’s to keep him from scheduling me for ‘reassignment’, having me programmed into an obedient lovedoll for his amusement?” She blushed slightly at the thought, an image of her standing, naked, slack jawed, staring straight ahead, a large silver metal key in her back, like a real living wind-up doll flashing momentarily through her mind.

“Nonsense,” Natalia interjected, breaking her out of her thoughts. “You said it yourself—Mr. Ellsworth is an honorable man. Moreover, he is your friend. Regardless of his feelings, he would not take unfair advantage of you.” Her eyes narrowed, and her grin turned wicked. “And if he did take advantage of you... would that necessarily be a bad thing? Despite your protesting, I think perhaps you would ENJOY being controlled that way.” Meredith’s eyes widened. “Do not look surprised, dear friend. As I said, I am observant.”

Meredith considered. Is she right? Would it truly be such a bad thing having Roger... take control of me? Or... maybe he already has? After all, I know enough about the processing of Operative and staff members to realize that everyone at this facility has been programmed to one degree or another. As the head of Human Resources, I have a listing of every Operative’s trigger phrase, as well as control triggers for their Handlers if needed. Every person in this facility from the Director down has been conditioned to strict loyalty and secrecy. Even the woman I replaced, who retired... even though she no longer works here, her memories of her time here were sealed away and false memories implanted so that she could never reveal anything about the inner workings of this place. I can only imagine the same thing has been done to me and the others as well, even if I don’t remember ever being processed.

What if every private meeting we’ve had, every time he’s come into the office to ‘check up’ on me, he’s actually triggered me, turning me into his obedient thrall... helpless to do anything but obey his every wish... his every command... She closed her eyes, clenching her legs together tightly as an intense pulse of pleasure, tainted blue-green, ripped through her at the very idea. Mmmm.... yess... forced onto my knees... helpless... completely helpless... mindless... just a living blow up doll for him to fuck... an automaton... a red haired little wind-up doll... a fucking robo—

“Meredith?” a voice called out to her, sounding as being yelled from far away down a long tunnel. “Meredith! Please, MIlaya moyA, open your eyes. You are starting to scare me!” Shuddering slightly, Meredith opened her eyes, blinking away the fog, starting into the very concerned face of her friend. “Are you alright, Meredith? What happened? I thought you were perhaps having a seizure...”

“I... was?” she asked with a frown. Everything seemed hazy, and colored with a slight greenish-blue tint. She shook her head to clear the cobwebs. “I’m sorry. I was just... spacing out I think?” She frowned. What had she been thinking about, exactly? Something about Roger... controlling her. She smiled slightly at the thought... which didn’t seem nearly as repulsive as it had before. “You know... maybe you’re right. Maybe I need to just... talk to him about all of this. Get it all out in the open.”

“Da, is a good idea,” Natalia said with a slight frown, peering at her strangely. “Are you sure you are okay? I am concerned—”

“Don’t be, ‘Talia, I’m fine,” she insisted with a smile. “In fact, I’m suddenly feeling better than I have in weeks. All this time I have been feeling uncertain about things... where Roger is concerned. You’ve helped me to understand something that has been bugging me for a while. Thank you!” Leaning forward, she gave her friend a kiss on the lips, then turned to head back to the dressing room, leaving her standing there stunned.

Natalia ran her fingertips gently across her lips, a small smile creasing them. Hmmm. Not sure exactly what got into my pretty young friend... but I hope it stays.

* * *

“Hello, Miss Gardner,” the security guard, Fred, nodding, tipping his hat to her as she entered the lift. “How are you doing this evening?”

“Oh, just fine, thank you for asking,” she replied with a smile, straightening her skirt. “Can you press ‘three’ for me, please?”

“Certainly,” he answered, hitting the button for the basement sublevels. “So, heading down to the Engineering Wing, huh? I’ve never been down there before, myself.”

“Neither have I,” Meredith admitted. “My tour of the facility got cut short that first day because of.... well, you know,” she said with a slight flush. “You know, I never did get the chance to thank you and your team for rescuing me.”

“Oh, well, no thanks are necessary,” he replied with a grin. “All part of the job. I trust you remembered to bring your ID badge with you this time?”

“Got it right here,” she said with a chuckle, pointing to her lapel. “Never leave home without it.”

“Good girl,” he said with a grin, then blushed slightly. “Um. Sorry about that. Force of habit.”

Meredith, meanwhile, had her eyes closed, the words echoing silently in the recesses of her mind. Good girl... good girl... good girl... She wasn’t an Operative, per sae. Her processing and programming phase was strictly superficial, implanting the necessary knowledge and skills to serve as a Trainer or Handler as needed, both of which she’d performed as in her three months on the job. Nevertheless, the pleasure trigger, though not specifically implanted into her mind through processing, struck enough of a cord within her to reawaken that green-blue pulse of pleasure she’d felt earlier. Her eyelids fluttered as a memory flashed—or herself, semiconscious, being taken back to her room, her legs splayed apart as the strong powerful man carried her—the very same man standing just a few feet away from her now.

Good girl... good girl... good girl...

“Um, Miss Gardner?”

His voice as well came back to her in memory as well... the other two men with him talking amongst themselves, worried about her condition, and about the blowback once the higher ups found out... and then, whispered, but oh so clear in her mind now... his words: ...a damn shame... a beautiful woman like her... fuck... and those lips... would hope she shows her appreciation for this someday...

...a damn shame... fuck... those lips.. shows her appreciation someday...

...fuck... those lips... show her appreciation... fuck... those lips... fuck...

...fuck...

“Miss Gardner?”

Opening her eyes, Meredith grinned at her big strong protector. Moving to the control panel, she pressed the emergency HOLD button, stopping the car. “Miss Gardner? What the hell... what did you do that for?”

“Well, Fred,” she said, licking her lips, slowly crossing the distance between them, pressing him back against the wall of the car, “as I said before, I never did thank you for your help on my first day here. I’m really sorry about that. I’ve just been so busy lately,” she said, running her hands across his chest, sighing softly at the feel of his pectoral. “Not that that is an excuse,” she added, as her hands slowly descended. “It was remiss of me not to have thanked you sooner... but perhaps I can make up for it now.”

“Um, Miss Gar-gar-gar—holy shit!” Fred gasped in shock as one of her hands deftly unzipped his pants, sliding them down while the other freed his semi hard cock from his boxers. Stroking him gently, pumping his girth with her small slim fingers, she shook her head.

“Oh dear,” she tut-tutted, “this won’t do. I seem to have caught you unaware. Perhaps... perhaps I can help you with that.” Her free hand slid down to her blouse, unbuttoning it, baring her bra-covered breasts, and, with a quick twist and a shimmy, slipped off her bra as well. Another little shimmy, causing them to bounce enticingly, and Fred’s cock went from semi-hard to ramrod straight. “Ah. Now that’s more like it,” she said with a grin. She licked her lips again, dropping to her knees.

Ah yes,she thought with satisfaction, as she settled into place, opening her mouth wide to receive Fred’s bounty. This feels good. This feels right. This is what a good girl would do to show her thanks. Her free hand slid down inside the waist band of her own slacks, seeking out the wet hot treasure buried within. And as her vision burned a bright blue-green, she wondered precisely what the best way to apologize to Roger would be...

((to be continued...))