The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Sleepers

by J. Darksong

Part nine: Meredith

The young auburn haired woman glanced around the area in confusion, glancing at the paper in her hands then at the address posted on the old ramshackle building in front of her. 331 Chauncey St, she read, staring dubiously at the old dilapidated two-story brick structure in front of her. An old rusted wrought iron fence encircled the building, and the sidewalk and driveway leading up to it was broken with patches of rough grass and weeds sticking up through the blacktop, as well as other dark blotches, no doubt left behind by some animal. She sighed deeply, checking the bottoms of her patent leather heels, and shook her head.

Ah, I should have known. And to think, I gave up a promising career in the secretarial pool at Merrill-Lynch for this. She’d just started to turn and walk back to her car when the front door opened, and a familiar face glanced out.

“Meredith? Meredith Gardner? That is you, isn’t it?”

“Roger Ellsworth? Ah! Yes, it’s me!” she replied waving briskly, as the tall lanky blonde sprinted made his way over to her. “Good timing! I was just about to leave.”

“Yeah, I know, we get that a lot,” he said grinning. “This place doesn’t look like much from the outside, but trust me, it more than makes up for it on the inside.” Lifting the latch, he opened the creaking old gate and let her into the property. “Mind your step, please,” he commented idly, as she fell in step behind him. “we gave the groundskeeper the um... decade off.” Meredith chuckled softly at the joke, eyebrows raised, all the while wondering what kind of organization would be willing to pay her the salary she’d been quoted and yet couldn’t be bothered to house their offices in a better location.

“I must say, Roger, I am a bit skeptical,” she murmured as he led her into what seemed to be a low rent apartment building. “Your company advertised for a high level office manager for a low-level government position, someone familiar with both the business world and with government or military office experience. Your people went through my background with a fine tooth comb, talked to everyone, including my second grade teacher—”

“Ah, yes, Miss Fitzroy,” Roger replied with a grin, pulling a small card from his pocket. “Such a nice woman. Said you were truly gifted in finger-painting. She sends her regards, by the way.”

“Um, yes, well,” she continued, frowning slightly, “that being said, your people did an exhaustive background search on ME... but I have been unable to dig up anything about the people you work for! All of my interviews have been handled through you, and always off site...and now, I find myself being lead through a... a... hovel!” She scowled as Roger burst out into laughter so hard tears began to flow from his eyes. “Really, Roger! We go back quite a ways, but if this all turns out to be some kind of... flim flam—”

“No, no, no, Merry,” he managed through his laughter. “I’m sorry, really, and no, this isn’t some kind of scam or an elaborate joke at your expense. It’s just... do you know, EVERY single applicant we get says pretty much the same thing, word for word. It’s kind of funny.” Stopping in front of an old rickety elevator, he pressed and held the button, then slid the small card he carried into a hidden groove just below the button. There was a sound of machinery running, and the floor shuddered slightly for several seconds before the elevator doors swung open, revealing a clean, shiny, very well maintained interior. Roger gestured lightly, and Meredith stepped inside.

“I’m sure you have lots of questions, Meredith,” he added, using the small plastic card once more, sliding it into a hidden groove, revealing a large multi-numbered panel. “And I promise you, all of them will be answered in good time. For now, however, just watch and listen, while I give you the ol’ company spiel, and hopefully I’ll answer most of them in the process.” He glanced at his watch, frowning. “Hmmm. The last shift just ended... must be what’s taking so long for the okay.... ahh! Speak of the devil,” he replied as the control panel lit up, the number glowing with a pale green light. He pressed the button for level B1, indicating the complex basement level.

Huh. Great. So we’re conduction the interview for an office managed position in the bloody basement, Meredith groaned inwardly. Note to self: Strangle Heather for suggesting that I respond to an employment ad listed on Craig’s List, then strangle myself for listening to her.

Her inner musings were interrupted however, as the elevator began to drop. She let out an audible gasp at the sensation of falling, the car dropping several feet per second, travelling much farther than the five or ten feet she’d expected the elevator cab to go. She blinked again in surprise as the silvery glint of the cab walls was replaced by the rich brown of dirt, then the dull grey of stone, as she realized suddenly that the elevator walls were completely transparent, some kind of high strength glass or plastic. Oh wow... she thought dimly, as the tube the car was traveling down began to curve as well as descend, I’m riding in the Great Glass Wonkavator... I wonder if the position I signed up for is for head of the Umpa Loompas?

“...several hundred feet below ground,” Roger said before pausing, frowning at his stunned associate. “Merry? Are you listening? HEY! Are you okay?” he said louder, regaining her attention. “There was nothing in your file to suggest a fear of elevators or closed in spaces...”

“No, no, sorry,” she said quickly, shaking her head. “I was just... caught by surprise, that’s all. I’m fine, really,” she managed with a slight smile. “Please... um... continue.”

Rigger eyed her for a moment before shrugging. “Okay. Well, um... as I was saying, the upper level is purely cosmetic camouflage; the real facility is housed underground. The facility is a three-level complex, with the top level housing the living and training quarters, as well as the main security detail. The middle level, where you will be working, holds the medical facility and staff, as well as operational control. The lowest level houses the machinery that powers and runs the facility... among other things.” At her glance, he sighed. “We occasionally conduct a few experimental projects, highly classified tests that need to be closely monitored under very tight security. Believe me when I say that we take security here extremely seriously.”

“So I see,” Meredith murmured, watching the ground continue to fly by as the elevator continued to descend. After what seemed to be several minutes, but was probably only a few seconds, the car began to slow, eventually coming to a halt at what appeared to be a small underground depot. Sure enough, a few feet away, a large gleaming silver subway car sat waiting, the doors open and ready. “Well, this certainly puts my fears that this was all just a hoax to rest... but you haven’t actually explained what it is that I’ll be doing here.”

“Yes, well, I’m getting to that,” Roger reminded her, as they both entered the car. “It’s a bit complicated, and a little far-fetched unless you can see it with your own eyes.” Taking a set at the control, he waited until Meredith was settled in before starting the engine. “We’re a government sponsored organization. That much is probably obvious by now. The thing is... even though we’re government sponsored, we’re not exactly government sanctioned. You know all those movies you watch about the CIA, and military black ops, and James Bond... well, put all those in a blender, toss in a billion dollar budget and complete and total anonymity, and you get us.”

Meredith gasped in surprise as the monorail tunnel opened up, revealing a small domed underground city, brightly illuminated. The core of the structure was apparently composed of the same high strength transparent polymer as the elevator car; from her seat she could peer down through the dome to see the multitudes of people down below, training, exercising, eating, even sleeping. “My God,” she whispered softly, “it’s so beautiful...”

“Aye, that it is,” Roger said with a knowing smile. “I’ve been here for six years now, and I never get tired of the view from up here. You know... barring a few upgrades and an add on or two, this facility has been in operation since the late eighties.” He chuckled seeing her look of disbelief. “Come now. Surely you recall hearing about President Reagan’s ‘Star Wars’ Initiative back in those days, his plan of creating a high tech satellite system in space to protect us from nuclear weapons threat? At least, that was the public story. Our top engineers figured out pretty early on that the idea just wasn’t feasible, so we decided to funnel the funds and work into something a bit more practical and obtainable.” He gestured grandly as the tram pulled to the stop. “What you see before you is the end result.”

Meredith merely scowled, glancing down at the complex, idly wondering what sort of work went on that merited such a facility in the first place.

“Alright. We’re at the entrance to the actual facility now. This is the first of three checkpoints. In order to enter, you’ll have to be fully cleared, scanned, processed, and issued an ID card. Our security force utilizes next generation technology, including a computerized AI neural net processing scanner. If you are not already in the system, you will NOT be able to enter.” Opening his shirt, Roger removed a plastic employee badge, sliding it against the left edge of the door. A bright green light flashed, some kind of hidden scanner, which enveloped both the badge and Roger himself. After a second or two, the light vanished, and the door slid open.

“Okay, I’m impressed,” Meredith replied, looking around the room, “it feels like I’m in an episode of Star Trek or something.” She frowned slightly. “Still... and I don’t mean to be a broken record... but you still haven’t explained exactly what you want me here for. I gather that this place is some kind of top secret off-the-books training facility of some kind. I get that. And you mentioned something about doing the occasional ‘top secret’ research project in the lower levels. But, well, I’m no scientist, and I’m no secret agent. I’m a high powered office manager, an overblown secretary. I can’t really see what you’d need me for simple book keeping when you have a bloody THINKING computer with artificial intelligence no less!”

“That’s just it, Merry,” Roger said after a moment, walking over to the far window. Opening the blinds, he glanced down at the facility below, the latest batch of recruits running through their drills. “With all this progress, all this technology, sometimes it’s the human element that you need most of all. This place runs on rules by necessity. It works because of the rules, because everyone is falling in line, and marching to the same beat. But too much of that and you end up with a bunch of flesh and blood robots instead of people.”

Hmmm. Flesh and blood robots? Meredith mused silently. Doesn’t sound all that bad to me. She grinned slightly, imagining the inner workings of the facility being run by a bunch of silver skinned humanoids, marching in step, running to and fro as they carried out their missions. She shook her head, pushing such silly nonsense away, forcing her mind back to the matters at hand.

“What will my duties be?”

“Officially, you will serve as the new head of HR, acting as a liaison between the office and medical staff, and upper management such as myself. You’ll also be in charge of coordinating and approving vacation time and sick time for staff members, making sure that all work shifts are covered, and handling paperwork concerning new hires... heh... such as yourself.” His smile faded. “Unofficially, you’re basically here to help out wherever you’re needed, to serve as a Handler, or Trainer, in a pinch, and to keep our Operatives healthy and happy while they’re here. And don’t worry, we’ll teach you everything you need to know for those responsibilities.” Walking over to the large desk at the far end of the room, he booted up the computer terminal.

“And my salary?” Meredith pressed.

“Exactly as you were quoted,” Roger answered, typing away at the keyboard. “Plus the standard paid vacation package, thirty days every year, subject to approval by the head of Human Resources, of course,” he said with a chuckle. “And, of course, a few very special ‘perks’ that will be revealed only after signing of the contract. So... what do you think, Meredith? Do you want to be a part of something bigger than yourself? Would you like to be a part of our organization?”

Meredith sighed softly, considering carefully. One the one hand, this was a hell of a lot more money that she’d made at her last job. With the economy the way it was, it was highly unlikely she’d find anything half as good as working with Roger’s unnamed organization. On the other hand... she was working for an unnamed organization that she knew nothing about! For all she knew, they could be part of an evil terrorist organization determined to rule the world! Unlikely, yes... but possible. She really didn’t know enough about the people recruiting her to make an informed decision. Yes, she’d known Roger for years, and she trusted him well enough... but he was only one man, not the entire company.

“Oh, by the way, did I mention the chocolate fountain in the cafeteria, or that you get your own personal assistant?”

“Sold!” Merry replied with a grin, extending a hand, which Roger shook briefly before handing over the contracts to sign.

* * *

“Um, Roger, is it too late to change my mind?” Meredith asked feebly, standing in front of the large circular chamber, clutching a small white towel protectively in front of her naked form. “I am really, REALLY, not comfortable doing this.”

“Now, now, Merry, old girl,” Roger replied with a sardonic grin, “the biometric scanner needs to scan your entire unclothed body. It doesn’t take long, it’s perfectly painless, and for godssakes, it’s just a little bare skin!” His grin grew wider. “And it’s nothing I haven’t already seen before, anyway,” he added in a low voice, causing her to blush all over.

“But is this all truly necessary?” she complained again, refusing to drop the towel. “I mean, I showered this morning and everything...”

“Sorry, dear,” Roger replied, clearly not sorry in the least, “but it’s in your contract. Every new employee must be scanned completely the first time they enter the facility. This is a closed environment, completely self-contained, and we can’t allow any foreign contaminants into the facility.” He shook his head. “If it’s any consolation for you, I’ll be going into a separate chamber in the other room as well, since I left containment in order to bring you in.”

“Small consolation that is,” she grumbled softly, glaring at the technician working the scanner, who was steadfastly avoiding her gaze. A thought suddenly occurred to her, and she turned towards Roger as he was about to leave the room. “Wait a second. Does this mean I have to strip bare every single time I leave the compound and reenter? Am I going to have to do this every day when I report to work?”

“Not every day,” Roger replied, glancing at her sidelong. “Few people leave the facility and come back every day... the commute gets to be a bit much after a while. Part of the perks of working here is that you are given living quarters on the upper level with the rest of the staff. By all means, you can come and go as you wish—you’re not required to stay here, it’s merely for your convenience—but if you leave, yes, you will be required to go through all of this again.” Ha paused at the doorway, and whistled. “By the way, nice profile, Merry. Very fetching! I’d forgotten how nice your bum is from this angle. See you in a bit!” he replied, ducking out.

“Pig,” Merry chuckled, blushing hotly, feeling equal parts delight and embarrassment at his comments. Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes and dropped the towel, stepping into the chamber. “All right,” she said loudly. “Let’s get this over with.”

“Please close your eyes,” the technician’s voice asked, filtered through the speaker embedded in the chamber walls. Forcing herself to relax, Meredith did so, simply focusing on her breathing. In and out. In and out. A soft pale green light flashed out from somewhere behind her eyelids, and she reflexively clenched her eyes closed tighter. Moments later a soft hum began to fill the chamber, like low bass waves, rippling, bouncing off the chamber walls, and into her flesh. She gasped in surprise at the sensation—it felt strangely good, like REALLY REALLY good. The wave swept over her, through her, in a pulse, from the tips of her toes, which tickled immensely, to the crown of her head, which felt like the world’s best scalp massage. and everywhere in between. Every time it swept down through her center, her breath caught, and it was all she could do to keep from being swept away into orgasm. She moaned deeply, swaying slightly back and forth, her mind going fuzzy as the pleasurable pulsing seemed to fill her entire being, pushing her higher and deeper into the abyss...

Only to end all too soon as the light faded. Meredith moaned again, this time in disappointment, too caught up in the sensation to realize where she was. “You may step out of the chamber now,” the technician’s voice coming through the speakers brought her back to awareness again. Blushing slightly, she opened her eyes and stepped back out of the chamber. She glanced at the technician, who again, steadfastly refused to meet her eyes, but the rather pronounced bulge in his trousers showed how closely he’d been monitoring her session. Strangely, his reaction didn’t embarrass her this time, and turning, she made a spectacle of bending over to retrieve her towel, giving him a good show. Their eyes met for a moment, and she winked, blowing him a kiss, causing him to blush this time.

“Okay, looks like you’re all set,” Roger said briskly, stepping back into the room, rebuttoning his dress shirt. “Read your scan on the way in, and you have a clean bill of health, though it says your electrolyte level is a little low. Are you thirsty, by any chance? We can stop by the cantina before I give you the fifty cent tour.”

“Wow. Actually, I am a little bit thirsty,” Meredith replied. “I was going to ask you if there was a water fountain or something nearby once i was dressed.”

“I told you, that scanner is truly state of the art,” Roger boasted. “Anyway, go ahead and get dressed again so I can show you around.”

* * *

“And this is where the staff members dine,” Roger announced, gesturing to a large spacious lounge with leatherbacked recliners, a huge flat screen TV, and several small tables. “We also come down here to socialize and unwind, though each person’s personal quarters carry most of the same amenities. If you wanted, you could conceivably spend all your off duty time in your room—the wait staff takes special orders and delivers hot food to your room if requested.” Walking over to the corner near buffet table spread, he gestured grandly. “Still, there ARE a few reasons to come out and socialize with your peers now and again.”

Meredith’s eyes widened. “Is that... the chocolate fountain you mentioned earlier?”

“Certainly is,” Roger replied, taking a ripe strawberry and dipping in the corner before popping in into his mouth. “Mmmm...yum. I love those things. There’s also a fondue pot on the other end. And this is just ‘snack food’, stuff to dine on as you see fit. We have a daily menu like any cafeteria, but again, the chefs can cook up anything you’d like.” He sighed softly. “It’s a good thing we all have scheduled exercise and work out time on our personal rosters, otherwise I’d be as big as a house by now.”

“Yes, I’d imagine so,” Meredith managed, sucking down a chocolate covered berry of her own, licking her lips. “A question, though. How much of this comes out of our salary? I’d imagine all this costs a pretty penny.”

“Oh, this? This is nothing. It’s all part of the ‘perks’ benefit I mentioned earlier. It’s simply part of the service with living a quarter of a mile underground.” Moving to the wall, he flipped a small switch. The far walls blinked, shimmered, then changed, illuminating to show a realistic outdoor scene. “This helps a little,” he added, seeing her expression. “This place seems less like a gilded cage when you can alter the scenery a bit, and it keeps you from going stir crazy.”

“I thought you said we could go back topside anytime we wished,” Meredith asked, frowning slightly.

“Yes, yes, of course,” Roger replied dismissively, waving a hand. “During your off time. But, as I also stated, you will be quite busy here. This isn’t your normal eight to five facility. In addition to your HR duties, you’ll be required to help out as a Trainer or Handler as the need arises, and we are currently a bit short staffed in that direction. And you’ll have to be trained yourself in order to be able to train and supervise our Operatives, which will have to be done during your off-time as well.”

Meredith blinked. “Wait... I don’t recall you mentioning anything like this before! And I suppose all this extra overtime is unpaid?” Roger merely shrugged.

“It was in the contract. Besides, it’s a wee bit overwhelming when you first start, but trust me, you’ll get used to it pretty quick. And it won’t be all the time, anyway... just helping us get caught up until we finish filling all the positions. In fact the Assistant Direction recently brought on a new Trainer himself—”

A loud squealing sounded as red lights began to flash and alarm klaxons whined. “Medical emergency! Incoming wounded! All med staff report to your stations,” a male voice spoke over the loud speakers. “Medical emergency! Incoming wounded! All med staff report to your stations.”

“Jesus,” Meredith breathed, a hand at her chest. “Bloody thing nearly gave me a heart attack! Roger, what’s going on here? ‘Incoming wounded’? Has something happened?”

“Apparently so,” he said grimly, glancing sidelong towards the far wall as the tranquil outside image returned to the normal slate grey wall texture once more. “But... it’s nothing that needs concern you just yet. Come along, I’ll escort you back to your quarters and let you start getting settled in. We can finish the facility tour later.” Any complaint Meredith might have made was swallowed in a gasp as Roger grabbed her arm, physically pulling her towards the door, through it, and into a small narrow corridor.

“Roger! Roger, please! Slow down!” she yelled, pulling back slightly as he hurried her along, nearly causing her to trip over her own heels. “For godsakes, man, let go of my arm! You’re about to yank it out of its socket!” With an effort, she pulled her hand free of his, causing him to finally stop and turn back to face her. Crossing her arms at her chest, tapping a foot lightly, she fixed him with her most baleful glare.

“Alright, Roger. Out with it. What’s going on here? Why are you so all fired up about getting me back to my room so suddenly? Is there something happening that I’m not supposed to know about?”

“Not now, Meredith,” he replied, reaching for her hand again, only to have her pull away.

“No, Roger. I’m putting my foot down,” she said firmly. “I’ll not move another step until you explain to me exactly what’s going on!”

“Merry, please,” he said, half-sternly, half-pleading, “I will tell you all the grisly details later. I promise. For now, I need to get you back to your room, so I can go and check in with the other Senior Department heads. Besides, you’re officially registered as a staff member, but not actually in the system just yet. The last thing you want is to be caught out here in the hallways during a security sweep.” He shuddered slightly. “Just... do me a favor and follow me to your room!”

Meredith sighed. On the one hand, she knew there was probably a good reason for him taking the steps he was, and rushing her along... but dammit, she was beginning to get fed up with all the secrecy! She’d given up a lot just to take this job, and granted, the pay and benefits were nice, but did they truly expect her to work at a job she knew absolutely nothing about?

“Roger, I want to know what is going on,” she said firmly, making a stand.

Roger, rubbing the bridge of his nose, took a deep, steadying breath. “Pawn to King Three,” he said in a clear voice.

“Wha...” Meredith managed to ask before a deep cloudy haze descended on her mind. A soft rumbling sound seemed to fill her ears, like a deep bass drum pounding, drowning out everything, even her own thoughts. She felt vaguely aware of another sound, of voices speaking... Roger’s and her own, but it was too soft, too flat and indistinct to compete with the thunder booming inside her head. Thunder... yes, it must be thunder, she realized, as her head was most definitely stuck in the clouds...

“I’ll be back in half an hour, an hour at most,” Roger said, bringing her back to awareness. Meredith blinked, glancing around at her surroundings, at the large, stylish, but undecorated room in which they both stood. Her room, she suddenly realized. “Until then, just relax, and get settled in, unpack your things, and familiarize yourself with the company handbook.”

“Unpack?” she asked, still feeling a bit disoriented. They were just talking in the hallway a moment ago... weren’t they? Something about... they were arguing about... something? “I, um... didn’t bring my belongings with me.”

“Oh, they’re over there, in the corner,” he said, pointing towards the closet door, and the three large suitcases stacked there. “Security brought them up while I was giving you the tour. Remember? I had you call to ahead to your roommate to have her pack up some clothes for you.”

“I...did?” she said softly, thinking back. “Y... yea... yes, I did... I guess.” She shook her head. “Sorry, I must have just spaced it. So... the employee handbook?” she asked, glancing around.

“It’s online,” he replied, heading to the door. “Just access the network from the computer terminal on your desk. The terminal is secure, so just insert your ID card to set it up and personalize it.”

“Yes... of course,” she murmured softly, sitting down in front of the terminal as it booted up. “Thank you,” she added idly as he left the room.

* * *

“Sorry, sorry,” Roger said breathlessly, nearly skidding to a stop as he entered the staff conference room. “Had to get my new hiree situated. What’s going in? Who’s being brought in?”

Assistant Director Jared Darkwood held up a small remote, pointing it at the far wall. The light emitting diodes embedded in the material of the wall came to life, resolving into a full length viewscreen image of the main facility entrance. Several security guards are shown restraining and manhandling a trio of women: a young, short dark haired half naked woman wearing a ripped, badly toga, a tall willowy redhead, similarly dressed, and a young waifish brunette, clad only in a pair of thin red satin panties. The sound was muted, but from the expressions on their faces, it was clear that none of the women were very happy about being brought in. All of them were sporting cuts and bruises, minor injuries only, but numerous among the three.

“This is the group coming back in from that compound in Nebraska... you know, that cult we inserted an Operative in to sniff around?” Jared stated benignly, even as two of the senior members flinched, glancing down. “Nice little fiasco, that. I’ll assume you’ve all read the mission debriefs sent in from Mr. Jackson who lead the team in to retrieve his Operative... or what’s left of her, anyway.” This time he spoke with an edge, letting his irritation show.

“Gentlemen,” he continued after a moment, “I’m the kind of guy that looks at a situation and tries to see the good in it. I suppose I could dwell on the fact that this mission was nearly botched from its inception... the fact that the mental programming and safeguards the Operative was given to supposedly safeguard her were insufficient... ‘haphazardly inserted due to time restraints’ is how Jackson put it,” He narrowed his gaze, staring directly at Herman Schweitzer, the head of the Programming Division, who visibly blanched. “But... I’m not going to do that. I’m going to focus on the fact that despite everything she had going against her, she managed to complete her objective, and brought down the entire cult.”

“Yes, and if the briefing was truthful, it’s possible we’ll be adding a singularly powerful asset to the mix,” another senior member, Fredrick Vanderberg stated, gesturing back at the screen. “If this ‘Sister Arianna’ can be turned, trained, conditioned into following our orders—”

“That’s a bridge we will cross when we come to it, Freddy,” Jared said with a loud sigh. “I know, I know, you boys in R&D are just itching to look her over with an electron microscope to figure out where her ‘powers of persuasion’ come from... but this Organization is NOT about widespread conquest. We’ve lasted as long as we have by being three things: careful, efficient, and invisible. Let me stress that last part again: Invisible. The last thing we need is to change what we’re doing just because we’d found a faster easier method of control. The very reason we HAVE this Arianna person in custody now is because she became overconfident in her abilities and went after someone in the political world. She exposed herself, and now she’s paying the price.” He pointed his remote at the wall again, and the view changed, showing an ambulance, and several other women being brought in, some walking on their own power, others brought in on stretchers. He froze the picture on two individuals being brought in on gurneys, a young blonde and a raven haired woman.

“And here, gentlemen, are the casualties of war from this latest endeavor,” he said with a scowl. “Cailtlyn Knox, and Clara Springfield. Both of them so traumatized by what they endured that they had to be sedated. Caitlyn is our Operative, so we have a bit of leeway on how to handle her disappearance for however long it takes to get her mind back together... but Ms. Springfield was on loan to us from the ATF. We can hardly return her to them the way she is now, and there will be endless questions asked if she simply ‘disappears’. We have about a three day window for making her presentable again, presuming I can keep putting her superiors off. Again, the last thing we need is to have people asking questions about this Organization.”

Jared sighed deeply, switching off the monitor. “Gentlemen, we have to be better than this. Yes, there is the bottom line to consider, and YES, there is the somewhat moral questionability of how are Operatives are obtained and trained... but they are not merely objects, mindless automatons sent out like toy soldiers, to be cannon fodder for the enemy!” He scowled, looking pointedly at Schweitzer and Anderson. “If the top executives have lost the ability to keep the Operatives’ best interests in mind when planning out missions, then perhaps they should spend some time as Operatives themselves!” Which elicited the proper mix of sympathy, concern and outright fear from the group.

“Alright, then, on to different news,” Jared said, leaning back into his chair. The door opened, and a statuesque, long-limbed brunette beauty in a smart blue business suit entered. She handed a file folder to Jared, then moved to stand slightly behind and to the side. “Thank you, Natalia,” Jared said with a small smile, before turning back to the group. “Most pressing is the current situation in Honduras. The DEA is requesting a deep cover agent for an operation there, preferably someone who will fit in well with the natives. Now, before it’s brought up, I’m very aware that this is more the kind of thing the CIA or the military is used for. We are primarily a domestic branch, preferring to work here at home rather than abroad. That said, this is a special case, one that our Operatives would be uniquely suited for.”

“Not only that,” Roger said, speaking up for the first time, activating the main monitor, “but we were asked for specifically by Chairman Nathan Bennet of the President’s special cabinet, as a personal favor. He’s pulled some strings for us before back in the past, and helped cover up a few ‘indiscretions’ best hidden from the public eye. In short, we owe him, and he’s calling in a marker.”

“Exactly,” Jared stated. “I need the department heads to give a full list of personnel available that meet the criteria, and to draw up a working mission statement. I’d like something to tell the Chairman within the hour, if you please,” he said, rising from his chair, “but the details can wait ’til later. Oh, and gentlemen, let’s try and remember the earlier conversation about keeping our Operatives safe? I’d rather have a mission scrubbed than to have another fiasco on our hands.”

* * *

Meredith sighed deeply, shutting down the computer. The online handbook was rather typical of employee handbooks—long, boring and repetitive. She glanced at her watch again and sighed. Roger’s meeting appears to be running a bit long. Blast... I do so hate being cooped up. Her stomach made a loud rumbling sound, and she sighed again. She glanced at the dinner menu posted beside the phone, considering. Hmmm. It would be kind of nice having catered cuisine brought to my room, as if I were in a four star hotel... but no. I’d rather go down myself to eat... plus it will be nice to get out of here and stretch my legs a bit. Nodding to herself, she glanced down at the facility map next to the menu on her desk, and, firmly convinced that she knew where to go, exited her room.

Whistling softly under her breath, she made her way down the corridors, noting the excellent craftsmanship. Verra nice. It’s almost like walking around inside the Enterprise from ‘Next Generation’. She chuckled to herself. I wonder, if I get into trouble, will someone beam me out? She chuckled again as she turned a corner, then blinked, coming to an abrupt halt. Hmm. Dead end. That’s strange... I could have sworn this was the way leading to the elevator. Must have missed a turn back there... Shrugging, she backtracked, and turned right at the previous intersection.

Ten minutes later, slightly perturbed, Meredith stopped, leaning against a wall, as she was forced to admit the unthinkable to herself: she was lost. Blast... I can’t believe this, she grumbled slightly, sliding a silken nylon covered foot out of its shoe, rubbing it lightly against the carpet, before following suit with the other. This is utterly embarrassing... lost in the compound on my first day! I should have stayed in my room and ordered in... or at least changed out of these blasted heels! Glancing to her left, she nearly whooped with joy. Oh good! One of those... um.. what’re they called again... interlace? Ah, that’s right... an interface terminal... I can use it to contact Roger and have him send someone over to guide me. Reaching the terminal, trying to recall what she read in the employee handbook, she tapped the # key three times, then hit the * key once.

A bright flash of blue-green light startled Meredith, causing her to stumble back. She blinked rapidly, rubbing her eyes, shaking her head as a moment of vertigo overtook her. She frowned slightly, wondering if she’d punched in the incorrect sequence, when she noticed something showing in the display: Warning: Unauthorized terminal access. Please insert card to confirm identity. You have fifteen seconds before security counter measures activate!

“Security counter measures?” she asked aloud. “Of all the... I AM authorized to be here! I was just hired earlier today!” Grumbling, she slid a hand into her pocket, searching for her ID badge, then froze, suddenly remembering that she’d taken it out of her pocket, placing it on the dresser in plain view so she wouldn’t forget it if she had to leave. “Oh, bullocks,” she breathed as the timer reached zero. The bright light flashed again, this time as a strobe effect, accompanied by a low, deep soft rhythmic pulsing. To her left and right, metal bulkheads dropped down, sealing her in the compartment. Meredith let out small sigh.

Hmmm. Well, all things considered, it’s not really so bad. So... I suppose I just stay here and wait for security to show up and escort me back to my room? I guess I can deal with that. Aside from a little humiliation and embarrassment at getting lost, I’m actually getting off rather easy. She glanced at the strobing monitor, frowning slightly. Not sure what’s with the light show. I’d expected flashing red lights and klaxons blaring... but this? This is actually... kind of nice. Kind of soothing, actually. Frown fading, Meredith smiled a little, feeling the pulse sweep over her, again and again, almost as if it were going through her. Mmmm... that actually feels... really nice. Really relaxing... kind of like that.... shower thingie earlier... now THAT was relaxing...

The high heels she’d carried in her hands dropped to the floor as her muscles relaxed, and a soft moan escaped her lips as her eyes began to flutter. Mmmm... soooo relaxing... hard to think about anything else besides... mmmm... lying down on the floor and... uhhnn... taking a little nap... She groaned softly as her knees folded up beneath her and she slid down the side of the wall. Ohhhh... need to... mmm... stay awake... can’t let...security... find me... taking a nap... yawn that would be... totally... unprofessional... she managed before her eyes slammed shut.

Erotic images flashed through her hazed and stunned mind, fantasies long forgotten or buried, swirling to the forefront once more. A deep soulful moan escaped her lips as her hands, moving of their own accord, began roaming freely about her body, stroking, caressing, and teasing her rapidly heating body. Her blouse, nudged open during her earlier explorations, opened further with each pass, the mostly random sweeps over her nipples causing them to tent up against her bra. Her feet, kicking slightly as her legs spread apart, twitched enticingly, her silver painted toes curling slightly as her arousal continued to mount.

“Ummm... yess... tight... black leather...” she mumbled softly, as a particularly vivid image sprang to mind: Her, dressed provocatively in a tight leather corset, cinched so tight she could barely breathe.... matching leather skirt and thigh high leather boots... and a riding crop... naked men... and women? Yes... both kneeling before her.. kissing and worshiping at her feet... kissing her boots in supplication...

flash

Her again, in a different role, naked, save for a blindfold, and a heavy metal ring resting against the soft nape of her neck—a collar, she realized with a gasp. A slave collar, hers... strong masculine hands were stroking her thighs... causing her to cringe and whimper even as she felt her arousal run liquid down the gentle cleft between them... a soft nameless voice whispering in her ear... telling her ‘You’re mine...’

flash

Dressed professionally now, if a bit casually... as a school teacher, a ruler tapping lightly in her hand as she approached the desk of her most troublesome student... the girl’s face turned away, as she bent over the desk... the skirt of her school uniform lifted, revealing a pale soft bare ass... a wicked smile creasing her lips as she ran a finger idly across the girl’s left cheek before raising the ruler.. preparing to give the girl a proper bit of discipline...

flash

Nearly naked now... her clothes torn, ripped, nearly shredded... struggling, fighting, thrashing... the cold metallic arms of the Enslavement Device holding her steady despite her struggles... her face tear soaked... her thighs, likewise wet, despite the danger of her situation... or perhaps because of the danger... as the machine’s probes extended slowly forth... and in.. sliding deep into her very core... tendrils snaking out.. heated flesh cooling, growing hard.... metallic... her eyes glazing over, a scream escaping her lips just as the tendrils made their way to her brain...

flash

Clad in animal skins, her long dark hair splayed out behind her... warrior woman, her sword wet with the blood of her slain enemies... she smiled down at her prize... the handsome man, tied tightly across the saddle of her steed... a blood soaked hand caressed his flank and he winced, thrashing slightly... a laugh, deep and mellow escaping her lips... she hopes he lasts longer than her other conquests...

flash flash flash

On the ground, Meredith twitched, her face lolling from side to side, her fingers pumping furiously in and out of her snatch as rapid fire orgasms seized her body, and fantasy after fantasy played through the recesses of her mind. All the while, the interface continued pulsing, sending out its signal, keeping the hapless employee in a constant state of flux, never giving her mind or body a chance to adapt. In the hallway, Jasper, the security chief for level one, deactivated the alert, raising the bulkheads. “Oh, fuck me,” he groaned, lowering his weapon as he saw the new head of HR shuddering violently to yet another orgasm. Pulling his ID card, he slid it into the interface terminal, and deactivated the pulse, while his subordinates knelt down to attend to the young woman.

“Shit,” he cursed again, checking the readout. “Looks like she took about seven minutes of bombardment. That’s borderline exposure... might need to send her down to medical to have her checked, just to make sure she’s not damaged.”

“Seven minutes,” Fred, the dark skinned guard, whistled. “Damn. That’s kind of rough. What the hell was she doing all the way down here near the engineering node anyway?”

“She’s new,” Randy, his partner, stated as they lifted her gently off the floor. “I saw Mr. Ellsworth bring her in earlier this evening. She obviously got lost wandering around... though I can’t imagine why she’d be roaming around without her ID badge.” He sighed deeply. “Oh... oh, shit! Jasper, I just remembered! Med One is all booked up! They just brought in that group from Nebraska, and the entire medical staff is busy. Fuck... what do we do now?”

Jasper sighed. “Fuck it. We take her back to her room, put her to bed, and notify Ellsworth on what happened. Let someone higher up on the food chain deal with this shit.” He shook his head. “Yanno, I bitched and complained when old man Schweitzer implemented his new ‘security protocol’. ‘What happens if someone sets it off by accident?’ I said. ‘What if a visitor or a new hiree forgets their ID badge?’ I said. ‘Oh, that would never happen’ he answered back. ‘Never in a million years. Everyone knows better’. Huh. Bullshit.” Reaching Meredith’s quarters, he opened the door, directing his men to lay her gently atop her bed.

She issues forth a soft coo, snuggling against her pillow, as Jared slid the cover over her body. “Well... she looks peaceful enough,” he said after a moment. “Maybe... maybe she got lucky, and the pulses didn’t fry her up too badly.” He shrugged. “At any rate, we have to get back to our post. I’ll contact Ellsworth once we get back.” Pausing at the doorway, he shook his head. “Welcome to the company, kid... hell of a first day.”

((to be continued...))