The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Sole Survivor

By Stub

mc mf ff md in sf

Chapter 7 — Girlfriend in a Coma

“Yes, Alex. Oh my God, baby…”

Amber’s impressive tits bounced up and down on her chest as I drove into her. She lay on her back across my desk, with her ankles on my shoulders. Her golden hair fanned out across the dark surface, framing her face as she looked up at me. Her arms were over her head, hands clutching at the opposite edge of the wide desk for support as I drove in and out of her wet pussy. Her dress had been pulled down from the top and pushed up from the bottom until it was a crumpled band of sky blue fabric around her middle.

I felt a little exposed, doing this in the middle of an office building, but then again, who was going to notice? First of all, it was Saturday, and only about ten percent of the employees had it in their normal behavior to be here. Secondly, all of the workers in Orange Building were under my control. Still, I felt silly having a nooner with my mind-controlled ex-girlfriend, standing at my desk, with my pants around my ankles.

Silly or not, I couldn’t deny the wet pleasure of Amber’s tight channel massaging my cock as I slid into her. I spread her legs apart and let them fall to the sides, so I could see her fabulous body laid out on top of my desk. She locked her ankles behind my back, and pulled me deeper with her legs. I grabbed both of her soft, full tits as I tried to match the tempo she wanted.

Amber always got louder the closer she got to her climax, and from her current volume, I knew it wouldn’t be long. Perversely, I wondered if Lani would get back with lunch before or after I made Amber cum. It had been her idea in the first place for me to enjoy a little “afternoon delight” with our shared lover, and she had been the one to command Amber to fish my cock out of my pants and get started.

I pinched both of Amber’s fat pink nipples and she squealed, then started pulling me into her even faster.

“There…there…there…” she chanted, letting me know I was in the right spot.

I released her boobs and grabbed her around the waist to get more leverage. Her heavy tits went back to their bouncing rhythm, while I sawed into her with renewed force.

“Oh, God…” She arched her back, and slapped her hands down onto the desk. I held still, forcing my cock as deep as it would go, while she ground her spasming pussy against me. Eventually, her movements slowed, and she sagged back onto the desk.

I pulled out of her relaxed hole, and stepped back from the desk. Amber opened her eyes to look at me, and I crooked my finger to call her over. She flashed a little grin, then scrambled down off the desk to kneel in front of me. After a couple quick pumps of her hand, my hard cock disappeared into the warmth of her mouth. She reached around me to grab my butt cheeks, and pumped her face back and forth on my rigid pole.

I hadn’t gotten around to suppressing her gag reflex yet, but what her technique lacked in depth, it made up with enthusiasm. Her tongue worked hard on the sensitive underside of my shaft, and her cheeks hollowed with her constant suction. After all of that earlier stimulation, it didn’t take long before I felt that warning tingle at the base of my dick. A couple more pumps between her plump lips, and I wrapped my hand in her hair to hold her in place while I emptied my load into her warm mouth.

I heard footsteps coming down the hall, and thought it must be Lani returning with lunch. Amber was licking all around my softening dick, and I turned to watch Lani’s reaction as she caught sight of our little tableau.

She burst through the office door, but instead of surprise or excitement, she looked worried. “Baby, come quick,” she said. “Security called Param, and there’s an Arbiter on the grounds.” She was shaking, and looking over her shoulder, like the Arbiter was right behind her.

I pulled away from Amber and zipped up my pants. I walked calmly to the door, while behind me, Amber rearranged her dress. Lani looked up at me, obviously frightened of the faceless bogeymen that I had made of the Arbiters. I wrapped her up in my arms and held her to my chest. “It’s OK, Lani,” I said. “We’re safe here.” I had no guarantee that we really were safe in this little kingdom that I’d fabricated in Orange Building, but there was no reason for her to know that.

When she stopped shaking so much, I stepped back and looked down at her. “Where is the Arbiter?” I asked.

“Ummm…I don’t know. I just heard Param say it, and ran to find you.” She looked embarrassed. “I’m sorry.”

“Well, let’s all go find out,” I said. I smiled at her and took her hand, then we headed for the elevator.

Inside the ground floor security office, I found Atu, the security chief. “Show me the video feeds,” I commanded him. “Find the video showing the Arbiter who just arrived.”

He went into the surveillance room, and I followed, putting on my signal-cancelling D-glasses. I put out my hand for Lani, and drew her in behind me, with Amber bringing up the rear. Inside the darkened room, a wall-sized vid screen was sectioned into a four by four grid, showing sixteen views of the perimeter of Orange Building. The operator—Chris if I remembered correctly—was listening to Atu give him directions, and already pulling up other feeds from around campus.

I turned to Lani and Amber, and tapped the side of my goggles with one finger. They got the hint, and pulled out their own pairs. The modified D-glass lenses were housed in full, eye-encompassing goggles, so that no signal could leak through into the wearer’s peripheral vision. They weren’t terribly comfortable, but I’d worn them enough over the last three days that I was getting used to them. I had three of my tech drones working on a new design that was easier to wear, and wouldn’t rely on third-party hardware.

Actually, I had quite a few projects started at the moment. It felt like I was back in my old project manager’s job, but with a lot more things to juggle. With Param’s help, I had mapped out all of the tech issues that I wanted to address, and then assigned resources—meaning mind-controlled technology workers—as needed. Mostly the projects consisted of ways to keep Lani and me safe.

For example, our new haven against EM waves was the largish cleanroom in the basement. The shop down there produced most of the Orange Building prototypes, and the entire thing was surrounded by a Faraday cage, to keep unwanted signals from interfering with the delicate manufacturing processes. The cage could actually be tuned, by running a current at a particular wavelength through the surrounding mesh, similar to the signal-cancelling technology in my earbuds and D-glasses.

I had assigned over twenty people to made sure that everything was tuned, and tested exhaustively, before Lani, Amber, Param, and I went inside on Thursday morning. It had been a totally different experience than the last eighth-day we’d endured in the bunker on Kili Island; there were no women in comas this time, and unfortunately, no sex. It also didn’t last nearly as long, since I now had minions to politely tap on the door, and tell us that the metallic egg-ships had left the planet.

Right now, a group of workers was making sure that all signals into Orange Building passed through filters to screen out alien control signals—all except the campus-wide security feeds, which I kicked myself for forgetting. Hence the need for the goggles. Still, I could do my own research now inside the building, without fear of having my brain stolen.

Three other groups were working on analyzing the aliens’ signals, both EM and media-broadcast. I didn’t have a lot of hope for those projects because they were dealing with the human brain, not a piece of hardware. But still, what better thing did those people have to do today? Again, it was exhilarating and scary that I could order over a hundred and fifty people to work their entire day on a problem that just might yield a clue about the aliens.

Then there was Anatoly. I’d driven to the Mercury News offices yesterday and spoken to the classifieds editor, Ms. Masae. I couldn’t get her to answer any questions about Dr. Kinslov; somehow his ability to control people was stronger than mine. But I did get the proper rental ad placed, and now was just waiting for him to contact me.

Lani took my arm, and lifted it around her shoulders. I got the hint, and hugged her close while we waited. Even though I had hundreds of people working for me—mostly here in Orange—there were hundreds more in this building and scattered around the campus whom I had recruited, but had left in their normal behavior. I worried that I had missed a connection somewhere among them, and it had brought down the Arbiters on me.

Atu stepped back and indicated the monitors. The view outside White Building showed a black SUV—it looked like a Mercedes—parked in the red zone in front. I couldn’t see anyone inside the car.

“Scan the inside of White,” I said. “Locate the Arbiter.”

Chris started punching keys, and Atu sat down next to him to help. I watched the monitors as they flipped rapidly through the corridors of the headquarters building. Finally, on the top floor, there were two very out of place figures walking down the hallway.

In front was a woman, only recognizable by her size and body shape, since her entire head was encompassed in a blue fishbowl. That was the best way to describe it—a featureless blue globe maybe 30-40cm in diameter, completely surrounding her head. It was shiny, but I couldn’t tell from the vid if it was glass, metal or plastic.

She was small, and her arms were so thin they looked like sticks. As the camera focused in on her, I saw that her t-shirt and jeans looked ratty, and her black hightops were unlaced, and loose on her feet. She looked more like a homeless drug addict than an instrument of alien control. Of course the fishbowl did give her an extraterrestrial vibe.

“Is that the Arbiter?” I asked the room in general.

“Yes,” said Atu. “And that is the Sentinel.”

Following the tiny woman was a muscular man wearing a strange ensemble that looked like red plastic pieces had been glued to his body. The overall result appeared like body armor, but even on the vid I could see that there was no underlying framework; the pieces were directly attached to his skin. He also wore a helmet—red, and more close-fitting than the Arbiter’s—that left his mouth and nose uncovered.

In his hands was the first weapon that I’d seen since the Chrxjthal arrived. It looked like a tactical rifle of some sort, but I wasn’t up on current trends in assault weapons.

“That gun,” I said, “do you recognize it?”

“Em-Oh-Two-Seven-Alpha-One,” Chris, the video surveillance guy said.

“Is it military?” I asked him.

He nodded. “Standard issue for the Marines.” He tapped into his keyboard, and a small inset appeared on the vid, showing a picture of the M027-A1 rifle, and a bunch of stats that meant nothing to me. It’s funny that an alien prohibition against conflict didn’t translate into a prohibition against knowing or talking about weapons; Chris had obviously been a gun enthusiast before the invasion.

What I got from the vid was the fact that I was seeing an actual soldier, holding an actual weapon, when all such things had supposedly disappeared from the planet. The world’s military forces were off working on a “special project” for the aliens, and all conflict among humans had been outlawed by alien decree. So why would the Arbiters—human agents of the Chrxjthal—need a soldier bodyguard?

Then I realized: it was for me. Or rather, people like me—the handful of unconverted that could still act violently. So when an Arbiter went to settle a conflict, if it involved any kind of aggression, the Sentinel was there to respond with deadly force.

I had no way to protect myself—or Lani, or Amber—against a big armored guy with a machine gun. What would happen if the Arbiters knew I was here? I’d always assumed that I’d just get mind-zapped if they managed to corner me, but this was worse; I really didn’t want people to get shot. I needed to think long and hard about how to handle this new wrinkle.

The odd-looking pair were headed toward the executive offices—hopefully, they wouldn’t walk in on JJ and his assistant like I had. The camera showed them bypassing JJ’s doors and going into Todd’s office suite. His assistant wasn’t there at her desk; I assumed she was off being controlled by Todd somewhere, since she was a very cute blonde. The Arbiter stood to the side as the red Sentinel went through the double doors into Todd inner office, gun at the ready. I noticed that the Arbiter was leaning heavily against the wall, almost like she was resting. A moment later, she rousted herself, and went inside.

There weren’t any cameras in Todd’s office, so we stood around watching the feed, waiting for them to come out.

I started getting paranoid, wondering if this pair were the only ones wandering around. I think the sight of a guy with a gun had driven home the fact that this wasn’t just a mental exercise, or some kind of engineering problem. I turned back to the two security people. “Are there any signs of other Arbiters? Cars that don’t belong? Any other large men with guns, or women with blue heads? Check all the cameras,” I commanded.

While they were looking, I turned to Amber. “Go get your car, and park it behind this building, close to the rear door. Lani will join you there. Wait for me to call or come to you. Be ready to leave immediately. OK?”

She nodded.

“Go!” I said, and she turned and walked to the door. Damn literal drones…”Go quickly!” I shouted at her. She opened the door and ran out into the lobby.

I turned to Lani, who looked even more frightened than before. I couldn’t have her breaking down, and I didn’t have time to calm her; I needed her focused. “Lani,” I said, taking her head in my hands and forcing her to look at me, “you are not scared right now. I’m commanding you not to be afraid. I need you, baby. I need you to help me, and you need to think clearly, OK?” She tried to nod, but my grip was too strong. I realized I might be hurting her, and let go.

“Yes, Alex,” she said. “Anything you need, baby. I’ll do anything for you, remember?” She smiled up at me with no hint of her previous fear. I hated to directly command her, but sometimes it was necessary. It really was for her own good. And I know that that justification’s a slippery slope, but I didn’t have time for philosophical reflection at this point.

I kissed her quickly. “Great. Go back up to the fourth floor, and pack whatever you can carry, for you, me, and Amber, OK?” She nodded. “Don’t worry about food, just the basics. We may have to leave here and find a new place to stay. When you’re done, go out the rear door and put the stuff in Amber’s car. Get in the back seat and wait for me. I’ll call you or Amber with instructions, or I’ll come to the car myself. Those are the only options, OK? Don’t do anything else.”

She nodded again. She wrapped her arms around my neck to pull me down for a kiss. “Stay safe,” she said, then ran out the door.

I turned back to the security team. “Anything?” I asked.

Both of them shook their heads.

We watched the monitor for another five or six minutes, until we saw a shadow interrupting the light from the open double doors. Seconds later, the Sentinel emerged. His gun was across his back on its sling, and he carried a blue fishbowl in his hands. He strode off toward the elevators. There was no sign of the woman, and no moving shadows coming from the office.

“Follow him,” I told Chris. I pointed at the view of the office doors. “Keep that doorway up as well. And replay the image of him coming out. Slow motion.”

Chris was good at his job. Within seconds, the vid was just how I’d asked for it. I watched the Sentinel emerge from the office again.

“Stop the replay,” I said. The Sentinel froze in the doorway. “Zoom in on the helmet, as tight as you can.” When the blue sphere filled the display, I stepped closer to the vid screen to examine it.

The exterior was completely smooth and featureless. With the way that it was being carried by the Sentinel, I could just see a sliver of the bottom. It looked like the opening was surrounded by an iris mechanism, probably to hold it tight around the woman’s neck. There was also a black tube hanging a couple centimeters out of the opening, and it looked like it had blood dripping from it.

It was a leap, but everything I saw suggested that the Arbiter was either dead, or incapacitated somehow; she had looked pretty weak when she was leaning against the wall earlier. The Sentinel had taken her helmet off and was bringing it with him somewhere. So did he just leave her there in the office? Was he coming back with a medical team?

“Where is he?” I asked Chris.

The view came up from outside White. The large red man clumped down the front walk toward the Mercedes. We watched as he threw the blue helmet into the passenger seat, opened the tailgate and placed his gun in a rack mounted on the side of the cargo area, then climbed into the driver’s seat and drove off down Technology Parkway.

I didn’t know if he was coming back or not, but I had to see what happened to the Arbiter. I turned to Atu.

“Do you still keep any weapons on site?” I asked.

He shook his head. “We surrendered all of our guns and Tasers after the Awakening.”

“Did you carry clubs before?”

“Well, yes, but we called them batons,” he said.

“Fine,” I said, “batons. Do you still have any?”

“Yes, but only because they’re part of the uniform. We can’t use them to create conflict.”

“Yes, yes, I get that. Just please bring me a baton,” I said.

Four minutes later, I was just around the corner from the open space where Todd’s assistant—Janet or Jill or…something—used to sit. A quick peek showed that the doors were still open to Todd’s office, and no one was moving around the reception area. I clutched my baton in my right hand, and tried to remember my lessons from that long-ago ju-jutsu class.

Tiptoeing around the corner, I stopped outside the doors and craned to look inside. Nothing was moving. Over to one side, I saw a pair of black hightops sticking out from behind a chair. Fitting my goggles back over my eyes, and clutching the baton so hard my knuckles were white, I walked into the room.

As I entered, I saw a lot of items scattered on the floor. They looked like the knick-knacks that Todd kept on his end tables and the back wall of shelves. He had a small collection of paper books that had been torn up and thrown into a corner. The upholstery on his office furniture had been slashed open, and the stuffing scattered around. Obviously the Arbiter and the Sentinel had been searching for something.

I finally moved around the white fabric chair, and got my first real look at an Arbiter. I should say that I got my first real smell, before my first look—the emaciated woman on the floor stank.

She didn’t look like an agent of a powerful alien race to me; she looked like a severely abused woman on the brink of death. Up close, she was stick thin, and practically swimming in her dirty, stained clothes. Her dark hair was matted, her cheeks were hollow, and her eye sockets were sunken in. There was a round hole, no more than five millimeters in diameter, right in the middle of her forehead. From the trickle of blood dripping down her face, I assumed that this was where the tube from the blue helmet had once been.

I watched her for several seconds, looking for any sign of movement. Finally, her chest rose a fraction of an inch, and I heard a wet gurgling noise come from her throat.

I stepped closer, trying to ignore the smell of her unwashed body. I checked all around her, looking for any technology or weapons, but didn’t find anything. My caution for my safety was competing with my horror at her condition. I decided that she couldn’t possibly be a threat in the shape she was in, so I set down my baton and knelt beside her.

I touched her neck, checking her pulse, and her eyes fluttered open. Her arm tried to lift off the carpet, but only made it a couple of centimeters before it fell back. She took another rasping breath.

“Please,” she gasped out, before her eyes closed again, and her body sagged into the carpet.

I could still feel her pulse, so I knew that she was still alive, but just barely.

The woman on the floor didn’t look like she had eaten or washed in weeks. I was leaning toward the conclusion that the aliens were slapping the blue helmet onto random people, then forcing them to act as Arbiters, without food or basic hygiene until they collapsed. After that, it was easy to just find a new victim. The red-armored Sentinel had probably taken the helmet back to whatever headquarters they had, and was looking for another unwitting human to turn into an Arbiter.

Once they found their new puppet, I imagine that the first order of business was going to be to come back here and collect the body. And maybe complete the mission that they were originally assigned in Todd’s office. I needed to decide if I was going to get this woman out of here, and risk exposing my existence, or if I was just going to leave her here and try to stay hidden.

Ever since that June day when the aliens arrived, I’d moved forward on nothing more than panicked instinct in situations where I didn’t have all the facts, and I’d done all right so far. My gut was now telling me that this woman could be invaluable in my battle with the aliens, if I could save her. I didn’t have a lot of time to debate with myself, so I put it to an internal vote, and the gut won.

I got on my phone and called Amber.

“Bring the car to the back of White Building.” I told her. I explained how to loop around the back alleys to avoid the main street.

Breathing through my mouth as much as possible, I scooped up the Arbiter and made my way down the hallway. She hardly weighed anything; the starved girl was probably less than forty kilos. I tried to be as gentle as I could while carrying her, but I don’t think it mattered since she never showed any signs of waking up. I used the back stairwell to avoid detection, and since it was Saturday, I made it to the ground floor without seeing anyone else. In a couple more seconds I was at the building’s back door.

Amber’s Mercedes pulled up, and before it even stopped, Lani was jumping out.

“Oh my God, Alex. Who is that? What’s wrong with her? Uck!” That last statement came when she got close to me and my odorous bundle. Caring girl that she was, though, she ignored her distaste and came to look at the body in my arms. She brushed the Arbiter’s hair back, and sucked in a gasp through her teeth as she saw the woman’s sunken cheeks and the hole in her forehead. “Are we taking her to a doctor?” she asked.

“Yes, we are,” I said.

My head snapped up when I realized that I was dozing in my chair. The reassuring beeps of the various medical devices hadn’t changed their tone in the brief time I’d been asleep. I looked left, then right, checking both beds to see that the two women hadn’t changed at all.

In the bed on the right, the dark-haired former Arbiter was sleeping peacefully. There was a white circular bandage in the center of her forehead that for some odd reason reminded me of the costume worn by Akiko, one of the characters in the latest anime show craze, Demon Metropolis Wheel Eighteen. Unlike the cartoon woman though, this girl was a long way from fighting shape-shifting demon assassins.

Two tubes feeding into her arm provided glucose and dissolved proteins to bring her body back to its normal state, without damaging her liver or kidneys. The doctor that I’d recruited to save her had placed her in a medically-induced coma until her organ function was back to acceptable levels.

On the other side, Amber’s blonde hair fanned out from under the white neural sensing cap as she slept peacefully. I reached out to touch the back of her hand, and she felt cooler than before. Hopefully she would wake up soon, and when she did, I wanted to be the first person that she saw.

It had been impetuous of me to give her the same commands that I’d given to Lani back in the shelter. I had wanted to get more data on what was happening with people’s brains, and I’d thought we were in the right place to conduct the experiment. I just wasn’t sure if I’d done something wrong, or said something different than the last time.

While I was watching Amber, Lani came up behind me and put a hand on my shoulder.

“She looks so peaceful,” she said. “Did I look like that?”

“Well, your case was a little different,” I said. “We were in the bunker, and I had no idea what had happened to you. You just fell off your chair and onto the ground. Lucky that you didn’t hit your head or something. But after that you spent most of the time just like this. Like Sleeping Beauty.”

She came around to sit in my lap, and draped her arms over my shoulders to give me a kiss.

“She’ll be fine, Alex. It’s just taking a little longer for her to break free.”

I looked at my watch. “Twenty-two hours is a long time, Lani. You were only out for about seven. Maybe I did something wrong.”

“Don’t say that. You did what you had to, just like you did for me. And I love you for it. I wouldn’t be free now if you hadn’t changed me.” She laid her head on my shoulder. “Amber will be OK,” she said quietly.

We sat there awhile, in comfortable silence, until I felt myself nodding off again. I slapped Lani on the butt to get her attention, and she picked up her head to look at me. “I need some coffee, Lani, can you please go get it? I don’t want to leave in case something happens.”

She smiled and gave me a kiss on the forehead before climbing off my lap. She was headed to the door when a tone sounded from one of the machines next to the Arbiter’s bed.

“Lani, go get the doctor,” I told her.

“Which one?” she asked.

“Dr. Li, the one treating her,” I said, pointing at the thin woman on the bed.

Lani ran out the door, while I moved to the woman’s bedside. I didn’t see any change in her—her breathing was the same, and she wasn’t moving at all. I glanced at the displays, and her pulse and temperature looked fine.

I was standing there like an idiot, trying to think of what to do next, when Dr Li rushed in, trailed by a worried-looking Lani.

The doctor checked two of the displays, and looked at a gauge on the machine with the feeding tubes. He touched a control on the machine, then turned and headed for the door.

“Dr. Li, stop,” I said.

He halted in his tracks.

“Stand here, in front of me,” I commanded. “Answer my questions completely. What just happened to that woman?”

“Her glucose intake was too high, causing her pancreas to produce too much insulin. I adjusted the feed to the proper level,” he said.

“Did the error harm her in any way?”

“No, she’s recovering correctly. All of her organs are approaching their normal range of function.”

“How much longer will you keep her sedated?”

“I estimate another twelve to twenty-four hours, depending on her liver function,” he said.

“When you wake her up, will she be able to talk?” I asked.

“I believe so,” he said. “Nothing she has been through would limit her ability to speak.”

“OK. Return to your normal behavior Dr. Li.”

He left through the open door, headed back to the small office where he would stay until his next scheduled check. It had been tricky hijacking him from the hospital emergency room and getting him to the Neuroscience Center without causing too much disruption, but he had done a great job of treating the young Arbiter.

Three days ago, as we headed up Interstate 280 with the unconscious woman, I’d made a decision to try killing two birds with one stone. I had planned on coming to the Stanford Neuroscience Center eventually, to get the lowdown on what was happening in people’s brains under alien control. From my research into the Center, I knew the layout, and the staff, and I had a preliminary plan on how to recruit everyone with the least amount of notice. That made it a more attractive place to treat the young woman than a busy ER. The one concern I had was that the neurological specialists here wouldn’t have the correct skill sets to treat a starvation victim.

So I’d directed Amber to the Emergency Room at Stanford Hospital. With the Mercedes parked in the ambulance bay, I’d gone into the ER lobby, and asked the admitting nurse for the most experienced doctor in the department, but one who wasn’t currently on-shift. She’d directed me to an office where I’d recruited Dr. Steven Li. I’d managed to get him outside without anyone seeing us, but I knew that I still needed to go back to clear up his absence. It was just another line item on my lengthening list. With my trauma doctor in the car, we’d driven the four kilometers to the Neuroscience Center.

There were more than six hundred people associated with this place, but I’d managed to carve out a black box in the Neurodiagnostics Lab by recruiting about fifty. I’d marched right up to the second floor to find the Director of Neurodiagnostics, and once I had him, the rest had fallen in to line. As I went from person to person, dictating their new normal behavior under the Rule of Alex, I was surprised at how efficient I’d become at converting people to my cause. I needed to constantly remind myself not to get sloppy, but the words were rote mechanics by now.

There was a small trauma suite next to the testing rooms, in case someone coming in for an exam suddenly developed an emergency issue. I’d settled my growing entourage inside, and set the doctor to work. Altogether it had taken a little over two and a half hours from the time I’d picked her up in Todd’s office, until she had her first IV started. I knew I should have been faster, but I thought I’d balanced speed versus caution just enough to keep us safe in the long term.

There had been some excitement when the nurse first stripped off her clothes. There was an angry red scar on the back of the woman’s calf. Her initial body scan revealed that there was a small electronic device inside the muscle—I assumed it was a tracking device of some kind. I’d told the doctor to extract it, and then had Amber dispose of it far away from the Center.

Now, as I watched the thin woman breathing slowly in the hospital bed, I thought I might have succeeded in my plan. In less than a day, I would have a former Arbiter that I could question, and as far as I could tell, no alien was the wiser.

When I’d called Param just after arriving here, he’d told me that the Sentinel had returned, just like I’d predicted, with a new Arbiter in tow. He linked me the security vid, and I saw that it was another woman wearing the blue fishbowl; this one in a grey business suit. She and the Sentinel had gone back through Todd’s office, I guess to complete the mission they’d been on the first time, and then left within half an hour. Atu and Chris were keeping watch, but there hadn’t been any sign of the alien agents since then.

I was due to call Param in a little while. I’d asked him to generate a 3D vid of Todd’s office, so I could try to suss why the alien lackeys had been there. I wondered for the hundredth time what had happened to Todd. If he was free of alien control, where would he go to avoid notice while he romped with his new harem? Where did he find a Faraday cage to avoid the signal in the first place? Once I had more time to spare, I needed to look into his life and try to find him.

I still hadn’t heard from Dr. Kinslov, either. I’d done what he asked, but after that, nothing. There was no way for me to push up the timetable, since everything was on his terms.

So after all that excitement, I was sitting here, dozing in my chair, playing a waiting game—waiting for Kinslov to contact me, waiting for the Arbiter to recover so I could question her, and waiting for Amber to wake up from the coma I’d put her in by trying to restore her free will.

I left the Arbiter alone to rest, and focused on Amber again. I didn’t know how worried I should be, that she had been like this for triple the time Lani had been. I took her hand and held it while I watched her sleep. Lani came up behind me and put her hands on my shoulders.

“What’s going on in her head right now?” I asked Lani. “What do you remember?”

“Nothing, really. Not from when I was unconscious,” she said.

“What about after? What was it like when you woke up?”

She put her arms around my neck from behind, and leaned down so her chin was on my shoulder. I could smell her floral shampoo. “It was the most wonderful day of my whole life. I opened my eyes, and I saw you, and I fell in love at the exact same second.”

She moved around to sit on my lap. “It was like everything clicked into place, and I knew you were the one for me. Or maybe more like I was the one for you.” She held my head so she could look into my eyes. “You’re my perfect everything Alex, and I’ll do anything you want, always.”

She smiled suddenly, and reached down to grab my cock, which had been increasing in size and firmness ever since she sat her warm ass down on it. “Of course all you seem to want from me is sex, you dirty old man!”

She laughed and jumped off my lap. Kneeling on the floor in front of me, getting up close between my thighs, she started working at my pants while I ran my fingers through her hair. Seconds later, she had my cock free and was wrapping her warm lips around the head. With the way she ran her tongue along the underside of my pole, I was fully hard in an instant.

She slobbered all over my dick, letting streams of saliva leak out of her mouth and down the shaft where she worked it around with her pumping hand. I learned the reason for the extra spit when she stood up suddenly, hoisted her skirt above her waist, and straddled my legs. Reaching down with one hand to pull her panties aside, she lined up with my wet pole, and slowly slid down on me.

“Oh, God, baby,” she said. “This is my favorite thing in the world, having you inside me.”

It was fast becoming one of my favorite things as well.

She let go of her skirt, and put both hands on my shoulders to steady herself. She started rolling her hips on my lap, grinding her clit against the base of my cock, and changing the angle of my pole so that it constantly reached new places deep inside her. Her eyes were closed and her mouth was open, making little gasping noises on every upstroke. Eventually, she planted her feet on the floor, flexed her firm thighs, and started driving herself up and down.

I slid my hand up over her hips, and under her top. Caressing the smooth skin of her stomach, my fingers made their way up over the cups of her lace bra. Her nipples poked out from the thin material, and I circled each of those erect buds with my fingertips. When I lightly pinched both nipples at the same time, Lani squealed and opened her eyes. Grinning at me, she whipped her top off, and reached behind her to unhook her bra. Grabbing my hands, she lifted them to cover her tan tits, pressing hard against her firm globes.

She was still bouncing up and down on my cock, but she couldn’t get a lot of leverage with the height of the chair, and having to straddle my thighs. I took my hands off her tits and reached around to grab a double handful of her firm ass. I pulled her in tight to me as I surged up out of the chair. She grabbed me around the neck, and wrapped her legs around my hips.

She hardly weighed a thing, so it was easy for me to support her, my hands on her ass cheeks driving her hard onto my cock. She was panting, and had her eyes closed, so she started in surprise when I mashed my lips onto hers. She wrapped her arms tighter around my neck and ran her wriggling tongue into my mouth.

Something about this position was doing wonderful things to my dick. Her soaked channel was rubbing me in all the right places, and I felt my balls tightening much sooner than I expected.

Trying to hold off, I moved over to Amber’s hospital bed. I sat Lani’s butt on the mattress, and she released my neck to lay back on the bed, her head ending up on Amber’s thigh. Lifting her skirt up to her waist, I looked down at where my rigid shaft disappeared between the swollen dark lips of her pussy. I pulled out slowly, watching her folds cling to my retreating cock. She groaned and reached out, dragging my hands back to her tits. I pinched her hard nipples as I sawed my cock in and out.

It felt a little weird, having Amber lying unconscious on the bed while Lani and I fucked, but as far as I knew, she wasn’t in any medical danger. She was “breaking free” as Lani called it, and it simply took time. Besides, there weren’t any other beds close by.

I was in a rhythm now, driving into her wetness, feeling the tight grip of her inner muscles. I left her tits alone to grab her by the waist. Lani quickly reached up with one hand to pinch at her own hard nipple, while the other hand clawed at the blankets.

I was closer than ever to filling Lani’s pussy, the change in angle only holding off the inevitable for a short while. From my limited experience fucking the young woman, I didn’t think she was quite as ready as me.

“Ahh, damn Lani, you feel so good…I’m going to cum,” I said, trying to give her fair warning.

Lani lifted her head off from Amber’s legs and looked right at me.

“Tell me!” she said.

I looked at her, puzzled. “Tell you what, baby?”

“Tell me to feel it! Like you did before!”

Like at my house on that first night, when I’d told her to feel what Amber was feeling? Well, I could try…

“Lani, look at me,” I said, which was kind of redundant because her eyes had never left my face. “Can you feel my cock sliding in and out of you? Can you feel how deep it’s going? How good it feels, getting fucked by my hard dick?”

She was biting on her bottom lip, so she didn’t say anything. She just nodded her head.

“Every time you feel it driving into you, it feels better than the last time. Every second the pleasure is building inside you.” I could definitely feel the pleasure building inside me, now it was just a question of who would get there first.

Lani tugged at fistfuls of Amber’s hospital blanket. I felt her inner muscles tighten and release in a deliberate rhythm around my invading cock, as she rolled her hips, rocking her wet pussy up to meet me on every thrust. I locked harder onto her slim waist, and shortened my strokes, shaking the sturdy hospital bed, and filling the room with the sound of slapping flesh.

“You feel it coming, don’t you baby. Every second you’re getting closer and closer.”

“Ahhhh…yes…” she moaned.

“You’re going to cum soon, harder and better than you ever have before. Can you feel it? Are you ready?”

“Yessss…”

I certainly was. I slammed forward one last time and held still, my cock swelling and twitching as it unloaded in her tight hole.

“Cum. Now,” I commanded.

Lani sat up off the bed, wrapped herself around me, and screamed into my chest as her orgasm hit. It was all I could do to hold onto her hips while she ground against me. My cock pulsed inside her warm tunnel, still unloading thick cream into her depths. With each spasm that passed through her, she hugged me tighter and moaned. I let go of her hips to wrap her up in my arms, as we came down from our pleasure.

“Unnnnhh…”

I heard the sound from where Amber was lying. I looked over and saw her convulsing on the bed. Her hips were off the mattress, and her back was arched. Under the covers, I saw that both of her hands were moving around near her crotch. The longer I watched, the more convinced I was that she wasn’t having a seizure. Instead, she was making that same face that she always did when a really good orgasm hit her.

Her body settled back onto the bed, her hands still between her thighs, and her head twisting from side to side. She was making continuous moaning sounds.

“Oh my God, Alex…she’s awake!” Lani said.

I pulled away from Lani, sliding my shrinking tool out of her, and moved up to the head of the hospital bed. While I tried to tuck everything back into my pants with one hand, with the other hand I reached out to touch Amber’s face.

Just as my fingers brushed her cheek, her eyes snapped open and she looked up at me. She covered my hand with hers and leaned into my caress.

“Oh, Alex. Oh God, I missed you. Don’t leave me again, lover.”

“I won’t, Amber,” I said. Strange how both Amber and Lani had mentioned missing me, like we’d been apart before they woke up. I’d have to ask the doctors about that. Which reminded me…

“Lani, I need the two neurologists, please.”

Lani stared at me for a second, then back at Amber. Finally, she threw on her top, without a bra, and ran out the door. I held Amber’s hand while she gazed at me adoringly.

“Alex, what did you do? I feel so good! I feel so…horny,” she said. She blushed, and finally tore her gaze away from my face. At first I thought she was looking away in embarrassment, but then I saw she was actually eyeing my crotch. “Do you want to climb in here with me?” she asked, arching one eyebrow.

I shook my head. “Just relax, Amber. I’m going to have the doctors look at you.”

Just then, Lani burst through the doorway, her hair flying as she whipped her head around. She gestured excitedly at the man and woman in white lab coats who trailed her. “Hurry up! I told you, she’s awake!” she said.

She ran the rest of the way across the floor, and almost leaped onto the bed in her excitement to hug Amber. “Welcome back,” she said, giving the older blonde woman a firm kiss on the lips.

Amber’s eyes went wide as she looked at me over Lani’s shoulder, but then she seemed to relax, and grabbed the back of Lani’s head to pull her in closer.

By this time, the two doctors had arrived at Amber’s bedside. They were checking the readings that the neural sensing cap had transmitted to their machines.

“Is she all right, Dr. Goldberg?” I asked the grey-haired man.

“I’m fine, Alex,” Amber chimed in. She pushed Lani away gently so she could talk.

I patted her hand and continued to look at the doctor.

He looked up at me. “She’s fine physically. No sign of motor function loss, or any decrease in brainstem activity. These other readings are unusual though.”

“Answer thoroughly, Doctor. In what way are the other readings unusual?”

“Without a more detailed analysis, I would say that the subject’s neural pathways have been realigned suddenly, and in a physiologically violent manner. The collection of white matter that existed before has been reduced, and new pathways for processing stimuli have formed.”

“So her brain is no longer limited to repeating her normal behavior?” I asked.

“That’s the assumption I would make. I’m also seeing an unusual spike in several neurotransmitters that had been at lower than normal levels before; primarily dopamine, norepinepherine, and testosterone.”

I turned to the dark-haired woman. “Dr. Montoya, what’s the effect of these neurotransmitters?” I asked.

“The rise in dopamine and norepinepherine, along with the decrease in serotonin that I see here, would lead to increased attraction by the subject toward other people. I also see increases in the neuropeptides oxytocin and vasopressin, which would created extreme feelings of attachment. Then the levels of testosterone would create feelings of lust.”

I heard Amber laugh. I turned back to her. “You heard that?”

She nodded.

“How much of that do you feel? Tell me.”

“I’m definitely horny, but only for you, Alex. I want you so bad right now.”

I could see her excitement in the hard points of her nipples poking through the front of her hospital gown, and the way she rubbed her thighs together under the blanket.

“What about this attachment, though? Do you feel attached to me, Amber?” I asked.

“Well of course I do. I belong to you Alex. Forever. Don’t you know that? Tell him Lani, you know how it feels, right?”

Lani looked at me and nodded solemnly.

Not knowing exactly how to deal with that right now, I turned to watch the doctors pour over the data from Amber’s brain.

For the last three days, I’d been soaking up information about the brain and the effects of the alien mind control from these two Stanford neurologists, but now I felt like I was in unknown territory. What had happened to Amber and Lani seemed like a completely different phenomenon—tied more to my messing around with their heads, than any effect of the EM wave or media exposure.

When we first arrived here, I’d thought that while we were waiting for the Arbiter to recover, I would start the fact-finding mission that had been my first reason for coming to the Neuroscience Center. I’d recruited two research scientists: Dr. Michael Goldberg was a Neurophysiologist, specializing in the physical pathways in the brain, and Dr. Lillian Montoya was a Neuropsychologist, who tried to interpret how the brain’s structure influenced behavior.

The first questions I’d asked were purely academic. I had them pull up brain scans of two people who had come into the Center just before 6/22, but then had repeated the scans as part of their normal behavior. It took a lot of trial and error to find the right questions for my experts, but eventually a picture emerged.

According to Dr. Goldberg, three areas of the brain had been modified in ways that were impossible to accomplish naturally.

First of all, the amygdala had almost no activity. Dr. Montoya explained that it was the center for emotional response, especially aggression. It also had ties to motivation. By reducing it’s function to just a fraction of normal, the aliens were keeping humanity peaceful and compliant.

Secondly, the thalamus, which served as a gateway between physical stimulus and the frontal cortex—the decision making part of the brain—had been enlarged and changed in some unknown way. According to the scans, most input, including visual and auditory stimulus, now travelled exclusively through the thalamus. Dr. Montoya posited that it had been repurposed as the sole interface between the brain and the outside world.

And thirdly, there was an extreme build-up of “white matter” in various parts of the brain. Myelin is a white substance that surrounds neural connections, helping them function more efficiently. It happens naturally in connections that are used repeatedly, which is why humans experience muscle memory from constant practice.

The brains of all those who were under alien control had their synapses locked to their current set of connections by having them surrounded with a thick sheath of myelin. It was a clever tactic: if a message from outside had a choice of two different paths through the brain, and one path is twice as fast as the other, which one would always win? There was no way that an alternative behavior could find purchase in an alien-controlled mind.

I now understood the two-pronged approach that the aliens used to control the planet: the EM wave primed the human brain to accept control, and then the messages embedded in media transmissions provided the specific behaviors. The extra data in the vid or sound file was keyed to cause the enhanced thalamus to create new, specific neural pathways—it literally wrote behavior into the human brain.

One benefit of this news was that I didn’t have to worry about goggles or earbuds any more. Since my thalamus had not been changed by the pulse, it couldn’t interpret the embedded instructions, and wouldn’t be able to form the new pathways like it did for affected people. There might be some effect from long-term exposure, but for quick looks at a vid screen or hearing a satradio playing somewhere nearby, I was safe. That didn’t mean that Lani, or Amber, or Param were immune, so I’d commanded them to continue wearing their signal protection in public.

The two neurologists finally stopped conferring, saying they had done everything they could here with the patient; the rest would be computer research based on the recorded data.

“How long until I can expect a more thorough report?” I asked.

“Approximately three days,” said Dr. Goldberg. Dr. Montoya nodded in agreement.

I waved toward the door, dismissing them to return to their offices.

I was turning to speak to Amber when I heard heavy footsteps in the hall. Looking up, I saw a man come through the doorway with a gun. He was older, with grey hair, but he was in full black tactical gear, wearing a hat that said SWAT across the front. He raised his rifle and scanned the room. I stepped in front of Amber, and pushed Lani in behind me.

The man didn’t move any further into the room. He just stood there covering all of us with his rifle. A second later, another man, also older, and similarly dressed, came into the room on the other side of the doorway.

I couldn’t figure out if these men were members of the alien-controlled military, or maybe a group of survivalists who had survived the EM pulse, or…who knows what combination of circumstances would lead to armed men entering a hospital ward. I was just about to speak to them, when a third man entered.

He was short, and the black ballistic vest he wore fit oddly over his bulging middle. He had a long, bushy beard, and straggly salt and pepper hair that was mostly tucked up under a black cap. His arms were thin, without any noticeable definition, and they were thickly covered in black hair. That last detail surprised me, because I’d never seen him without a full-sleeved white lab coat.

“Anatoly…?” I said.

The Russian scientist walked right over to the other bed. He raised his hand and pointed a lethal looking handgun at the unconscious former Arbiter. “Alexei, ti durak…you idiot! Why would you bring her here? You’ll get us all killed.”