The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

StareWare

by Xenos

Chapter Three: “RTFM”

I.

Kristy and Jenna were still asleep on Marti’s bed. Their bodies lay all akimbo and the sheets were twisted around them like poorly fashioned togas. The redolence of sex permeated the room.

It was four in the morning, but Marti was up for the day. Though her two friends looked quite comfortable despite their entangled positions in the bed, the Latina had a lot to get done this morning. Jenna had to work today and both Marti and Kristy were working tonight. If Marti couldn’t get Jenna’s PDA PinkLinked up to her StareWare software before breakfast, the poor blonde would have to go yet another night piggy-backing on Marti’s feed.

Worse yet, Kristy had found her way into the room during the night. The current state nudity and the undeniable shine of dried pussy juice on the the Kristy’s face did nothing to quell Marti’s desperate hope that the dancer had come in after the StareWare program had finished.

After righting the desk chair that had been overturned during the course of the evening, Marti sat down at her laptop. Before she did anything with either of her roommates PDA’s, she was—four days too late—going to sit down and read the StareWare manual.

“Broad Access devices (e.g. monitors, televisions, and home stereos) are only recommended for use by those who can run the StareWare process through without danger of interruption. We strongly recommend those sharing a domicile or otherwise residing in non-private areas to utilize a StareWare brand headset or a BioLink unit as a focused delivery system. WARNING: Even brief exposure to a widely broadcast StareWare feed by a third party can create undesired results! ”

“No shit,” Marti muttered. She scanned through the text in search of another question that had been bugging her.

“StareWare’s Zero to Ten setting system is designed for users to be able to custom tailor their experience. Those wishing only a minor change in a certain area can make the setting very low. Those wishing a larger change can select a higher number. Once the desired level is reached and is maintained in regular waking life, these settings should be reverted to zero. Note that sensations are greatly enhanced and overly amplified during the actual StareWare process. WARNING: The effects of these settings are cumulative. A setting of two will increase your attitude or feelings in the given setting by a factor of two over the previous day’s results.”

Cumulative? Factor of? It was no wonder that Marti had found herself being so flirty down at Chauncy’s yesterday afternoon. Since being sexually outgoing was one of the major problems she was having in dealing with her job as a bartender at the strip club, she’d set that one all the way up to five! Four nights, plus yesterday morning’s extra session with Jenna, meant that Marti was now 5 to the 5th power more sexually outgoing than she had been before this all started. Had Marti been better at math, she would have realized that that was 3125 times more sexually outgoing. Regardless, she knew that the number was pretty big.

WARNING: Use the StareWare Usage Reinforcement carrier wave with EXTREME caution! User may experience considerable difficulty when trying to alter previous settings or stop using StareWare.

Marti couldn’t believe all of the warnings and disclaimers throughout the site—all of which she’d somehow neglected to notice on her first visit. At least it had only been four days. She hoped it hadn’t already affected them too much.

Finished with her search, Marti opened the PinkLink connection from her laptop to her PDA and brought up the StareWare configuration screen. Scrolling all the way to the bottom, she found the StareWare Usage Reinforcement settings. There on her display sat the toggle to turn off the carrier wave—the source of her addiction. She moved her pointer over the word “ON”—nothing. Despite her will, should couldn’t make her fingers click the mouse. It seemed like such an easy process—click the little arrow and change the word “ON” to “OFF.” Nothing fancy, no complicated keystrokes. Just a click.

Several fruitless minutes later, Marti decided to give up and try something else. She moved up to the Sexuality settings and tried to turn them all back down to zero. Once again, Marti’s hand betrayed her. How could a product like this be allowed onto the open market?

Jenna stirred in the bed behind Marti. A quick glance at the clock on her screen snapped Marti back to the task at hand. She only had a half hour before Jenna needed to leave for work.

“Mornin’ babes,” said Jenna. Sshe came up behind Marti and ran a finger through her long dark hair. “How did I end up in bed with Kristy?”

“Dunno,” muttered Marti. “Must have come in during the night. I need your PDA.”

Jenna leaned in and kissed Marti on the cheek. “Don’t be all serious, babes. Things aren’t all that bad.”

“Says you,” Marti sighed and stood with her PDA in hand. “I’ve scrambled our brains.”

Jenna bent down and began fishing through a pile of clothes on the floor. “I think that’s a bit much.” Jenna smiled, handing over her PDA. “Except for my sleep withdrawals, everything its done has been pretty good.”

“Problem is, I can’t figure out how to turn it off—or even how to turn down the volume.”

“I wouldn’t mind staying hooked up to this thing forever.” The lithe redhead gazed up and down Marti’s body. “And it’s working on you, too. You’re already starting to turn into a pretty hot little number.” Jenna planted a soft kiss on Marti’s flushing cheek.

Marti didn’t pull back. Ttrapped by her StareWare program, losing blocks of time, foreign thoughts—at least she wasn’t alone.

“Go get ready for work,” Marti sighed. “I’ll put the StareWare on your PDA so you won’t be jonesing tonight. We can figure everything else out later.”

II.

Jenna approached her office building with a bounce in her stride. A good night’s sleep had done wonders.

NanTech Pharmaceuticals was a large, international firm. While they’d moved much of their manufacturing and distribution facilities out of Megopolis, their primary research facility was still located in one of the tallest and most impressive buildings at the heart of the city. The facility was a virtual fortress with nearly 80 floors of labs and offices all with the single goal of developing the next great wonder drug.

In recent years, NanTech had branched out a bit and had been exploring various non-chemical product lines. One of their most anticipated new products, in fact, was an optical repair unit called OptiRep. A person with poor eyesight would wear the OptiRep unit like a pair of glasses. It’s PinkLink connection tied into a computer system and, over the course of several months, completely repaired one’s failing vision.

“Good morning.”

The security guard touched the brim of his hat as the PinkLink chip in Jenna’s PDA opened the door to the NanTech building and granted her access. She smiled at the man, and wondered if he would like to stick his cock in her ass, too.

As Jenna strode into the building, a warm feeling spread through her butt. Glancing down at her PDA, she smiled. . True, much of her desire could be attributed to the reinforcement programming. Deep down, though, she knew that it really went far beyond that.

The morning proceeded as usual for Jenna. She cataloged a bit of data from the new patient diagnostics chip NanTech had her developing. Her nine o’clock progress report seemed to go quite well. Some general paper pushing and number crunching followed and Jenna found she’d completed most of her day’s tasks just before 11:30.

“Ms. Carlisle,” came a grating voice from the entrance to her office cubicle. “I’d like you to meet my daughter.”

The voice was that of Dr. McGreggor. It was Addison McGreggor and her counterparts who ultimately controlled the purse strings at NanTech. She, more so than the others, was the one who kept her nose in things and generally got in everyone’s way with her rules, unnecessary protocols, and her petty means of enforcing those rules.

“Hello Doctor McGreggor,” said Jenna feigning a smile.

“This is my daughter, Drew.” said Addison beaming with pride through her unobtrusive looking OptiRep glasses. “We’re going to be assigning her to you as an intern this summer and I thought you should meet before she starts next week.”

Jenna regarded the young woman approvingly. Many people tended to overdo the whole Goth look—too much makeup, too many piercings, and general overkill often made otherwise attractive people lose any visual appeal they might have possessed. Drew, on the other hand, seemed to get the point. She wore her darkness on the inside, with just an occasional glimpse allowed to show on the surface. Her hair, unnaturally black, yet highlighted ever so slightly with a color that wasn’t quite purple, hung long and full down over her shoulders. Her skin was pale from lack of sun, and not a thick layer of pancake. A hint of deep crimson lipstick didn’t hide her supple lips, but brought them out and shaped them into something one would long to kiss. Her ears, mostly hidden by her beautiful hair, had a few extra holes and cuffs, but the only other visible piercing was a tiny sapphire stud in the side of her nose.

It was Drew’s eyes, that really told the story, though. Lined only with a very thin eye pencil and nearly black themselves, Jenna could see the girl’s true sadness in them. Her black outfit and the rest of her outward appearance presented a set of clues, but it was the eyes that told the tale.

“It’s nice to meet you,” Jenna said with a smile. “I look forward to working with you.”

“Don’t worry,” said the elder McGreggor. “I’ll see to it that she dresses more appropriately next week.”

“I think” said Jenna smiling at the eighteen year old, “thinks she looks just fine as she is. Everyone looks the same in a lab coat, anyway.”

Jenna spotted the hint of a smile in young Drew as Dr. McGreggor guided her out of the common office area .

With most of the day’s work done, Jenna decided to break early and take a long lunch. Ever since Marti had given her PDA back that morning, she’d been dying to check out all the configuration settings for her StareWare. Lab “C” usually had very few people working in it, so she could patch into a big screen there and work in relative privacy.

“Hello, Ms. Carlisle, " smiled a young lab assistant named Mike Kaplan from his terminal by the door. He seemed to be the only other person in the room at the moment.

“I’m on my lunch break,” Jenna warned. “Don’t even think about trying to give me something to do for you.”

Mike smiled. “I’m the assistant. You’re the tech. I think it’s you who’s supposed to give me something to do.”

Jenna grinned. Mike, who couldn’t be a day over 22, was quite cute. She wondered how easy it would be to convince him to let her suck his cock. The thought passed. Jenna had more important things to do.

She chose a terminal far from the door. Placing her PDA on the desk, the PinkLink interface on the computer monitor connected and the StareWare configuration program flashed onto the screen. A PDA was handy, but nothing could beat a large screen working.

Marti had dumped the StareWare program so that it was already configured with her settings. After several minutes of scanning through them, Jenna arrived at many of the same conclusions Marti had drawn earlier in the day.

Try as she might, she couldn’t turn down any of the settings. A setting could be turned up, though. She learned this by accident as she changed the “Clitoris” slider from two to five. Unfortunately, once she got the setting up that high, she found that she couldn’t get it back down again.

“Oh well,” Jenna thought while scanning through some more settings and thought about how good Mike’s tongue would feel on her new five-times-as-sensitive clit.

Memory Retention: Forget Completely

Jenna stared. She’d found it on the default settings page. She clicked her mouse and the words “Forget Completely” changed to “Remember as a Dream”. A second click changed the setting to “Remember Completely.”

Jenna tingled as a wisp in the back of her mind assured her that she was repressing memories of wondrous sex. And love. It wasn’t even the same kind of love she’d ever felt with one of her boyfriends—serious, or otherwise. It was more than that—a secret love—for Marti. So secret neither she nor Marti could remember it.

Now she would be able to remember.

“Working on anything fun?”

Snapped from her thoughts, Jenna looked up at Mike who was now standing above her terminal. From that vantage point, she was sure that he must be able to see the wet spot that had slowly been developing at the crotch of her white lab scrubs.

“Just a weight loss program my roommate got,” said Jenna with all the boredom she could muster. “She just wanted me to see if I could tweak a few settings for her.”

“That’s not that StareWare System, is it?” Mike’s response oddly lacked a lack of interest. “You’ve got to be careful with that, it’s dangerous.”

“What do you mean?”

“It has all sorts of dangerous, brain frying stuff in it,” Mike explained, coming around the computer and standing at Jenna’s shoulder. “I was on the team that was working on developing a line of StareWare supplements. You know, vitamins to speed up the weight loss program, that sort of thing.”

Looking to her right, Jenna found that Mike’s crotch was only about eight inches from her face. It would be so easy to reach out and stick his cock into her mouth. “NanTech has a StareWare supplement line?”

Whether he sensed her lustful gaze or not, Jenna couldn’t tell. A frown flicked across her face as he took a step back.. “No, the project was scrapped. The StareWare line was just too dangerous. There were potentially harmful options and settings in nearly every one of their products.”

“What kind of harm?” With Mike’s crotch too far behind her to get an easy view, Jenna turned her attention back to the screen.

“Addiction, complete personality changes, lack of safety protocols. You name it. Our preliminary tests showed that some of the software could even induce a stroke or even a coma. NanTech couldn’t associate itself with such negligence.”

She swiveled in her chair to face Mike’s crotch. Was he starting to get a hard on? “If it’s so bad, how did it ever make it to market?”

Mike’s crotch shrugged. “They just market it as entertainment software rather than therapeutic or medicinal. This means that there aren’t any government oversight agencies with any authority over them. I’m sure there are committees in Washington trying to change this, but for now, it’s an open and unregulated market.”

Jenna leaned back in her chair and allowed her legs to spread a slightly as she managed to move her gaze to the face above Mike’s crotch. “Did you ever try any of the software yourself?”

“I was on the data collection team,” Mike’s mouth explained. “We just monitored subjects and recorded our findings. Then, they shut us down and all the software and equipment was taken up to the 69th floor for storage.”

“Really?” Jenna’s eyes lit up. The thoughts of blow jobs and throbbing cocks drained from her mind like a tub of dirty bath water. “Show me.”

III.

“It’s not that I stumbled into this thing that has me upset,” said Kristy. She was flipping through the channels on the living room television. “It’s that you didn’t include me from the very beginning.”

Marti sighed from her position at the other end of the sofa. “I didn’t even mean to bring Jenna in. The whole thing was a horrible accident.”

“Horrible?” Kristy gave up trying to find a decent show to watch. “You’re telling me that from this moment forward, my body is simply going to refuse to gain an ounce of fat and that I’m going to actually start to enjoy it my job as a stripper. Somehow, I question your definition of horrible.”

Glancing up at the clock, Kristy saw that they still had a little over four hours before needing to be at work.With a few quick flicks of her thumb, she set the PinkLink enabled stereo timer to go off at 3:45. Another finger stroke and the program on the TV was replaced by the rhythmic flashing of the StareWare program.

“What are you doing?” cried Marti as the binaural beats and tones started to filter crisply from the surround sound speakers. “Turn it off!”

“It’s okay, I set the alarm.”

It was obvious that Marti just needed to get over her inhibitions and fears. That’s why Kristy had moved the Sexual Inhibitions settings up to ten. She’d planned to use the improved setting on Marti that evening, but now was as good a time as any.

Kristy’s job as an erotic dancer and her innate predisposition toward sex had given her a head start over her roommates. Already more open to the effects of the software, this impromtu session wasn’t a malicious act on Kristy’s part. It was just that poor Marti couldn’t yet see the beauty and wonder of the StareWare experience.

She would, though. Sooner or later.

“Come on!” Marti whined. She seemed unaware that her index finger was slowly encircling her highly sensitive nipple through the fabric of her shirt.

Kristy, having only bothered throwing on a long t-shirt and panties that morning, brought her feet up and turned sideways on the sofa. She spread her legs, giving sweet Marti a clear view of her lace covered pussy.“It’s okay if you want to lick it,” she smiled.

It was then that Kristy’s realized how beautiful fear could be. It sent a shiver straight through the center of her clit. Even as the dark haired woman moved her head slowly toward the spot between the blonde’s slender legs, Kristy could see the blissful terror. She thrilled as Marti’s will fought to resist the primal sensations within her. The sweat on the her trembling brow was so unbelievably sexy that Kristy had a shivered from an orgasm even before Marti’s face reached its target.

“That’s it, baby,” sighed Kristy as her companion’s tongue started to slowly lap at the fabric covering her mons. “Embrace your inner slut.”

IV.

Jenna Carlisle stood in the center of the dimly lit storage room. With Mike at her side, she wondered at the decade worth of shelved products and failed experiments. It took nearly a full minute for her eyes to locate the container she had been searching for: a plain bin with “StareWare” scribbled across its front.

“You’re not considering using any of this stuff, are you?” Mike asked.

She was about to pull the StareWare project from its shelf when her eyes lit upon the adjacent bin—“BioLink Prototype.”

“What’s that?” she asked the fair-haired Mike.

Mike hesitated. “Those are pre-production BioLink units that we got for the StareWare project.”

“Why weren’t they returned and put out on the market when we were done with them?”

“As prototypes, they were produced before all of the safety protocols could be implemented,” Mike explained. “They’re even more dangerous than the StareWare.”

Jenna grabbed a nearby tram and began hoisting both bins onto it.

“That software is all beta product, too. The debug protocols are enabled and there are some pretty nasty bugs in some of them.”

Looking over her shoulder, Jenna’s blue eyes gleamed in the dim light. “Mike, whose project are you currently working on?”

“Davenport’s Blood Clotting project,” Mike said, fidgeting. “Why?”

“How would you like to work for me?”

“W-what would be working on?” he asked.

“We’re going to make a better world.”