The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Stocking Stuffer Collection

“Happiness”

mc mf md

(Author’s Note: Inspired by a Donna Fargo song, off all things, this one first appeared on an exhibition on the Mind Control Forum—click on the link on Simon’s Link’s list—you’ll be “happy” you did. Dedicated to the ‘mantics out there, because this is about as close as I’ll probably ever get :—)

Dr. Renee Wagner was a very happy woman. Her marriage counseling practice was so busy she hardly had time to schedule new appointments. Her patients were all so happy that it made her happy. And Mr. Simmons was coming in soon for his weekly visit. That always made her happy.

So happy, in fact, that she was daydreaming about it all and was hardly even listening to her latest clients, a Mr. and Mrs. Bernard Stabler.

“Dr. Wagner?”

“Oh, I’m so sorry, Mrs. Stabler,” Renee asked, looking at her watch, “is the hour up already?”

“But you’ve hardly listened to a word we’ve said!”

Joyce Stabler stared at the pretty, middle-aged, blonde woman with a mixture of curiosity and disbelief. During the entire session, she sat there with this amazingly, well, HAPPY, smile on her face, only stopping to nod occasionally, as the two of them poured out their hearts and souls to her. If she hadn’t been recommended so highly by several coworkers at Smith, Winston & Gerhard, she would have wondered how this woman got her license. Still, she hadn’t demanded any payment in advance, which was incredibly unusual for such a professional, so she was willing to cut her some slack.

“Oh, I’ve listened, Mrs. Stabler, and I’ve not heard anything I think can’t be overcome by nice, hard work and a good night’s sleep.”

“Pardon?” Mr. Stabler ventured. “I admit I don’t think we’ve got as big a problem as my wife seems to think, but such a simple solution...”

“Oh, nothing simple about a good night’s sleep, Mr. Stabler,” the doctor started, “I’ve found that sometimes the best solutions ARE the most simple. For instance, you’ve no doubt heard that old cliche ‘Never go to bed angry.’ Well, cliches become cliches for a good reason. There’s usually a fair amount of truth behind them.”

“Still...” Mrs. Stabler started, only to stop in mid-sentence when the doctor reached below her desk and pulled out a rather largish alarm clock with a large yellow smiley face on the front and a large red plastic heart protruding from the top. “Eh?”

Mrs. Stabler’s mouth fell open. Her husband put a hand to his mouth to stifle a laugh.

“Now,” the smiling doctor continued, “what I usually prescribe for my first-time appointments is something so very simple that it’s quite amazing that it has SUCH a high success rate. What I want you both to do tonight is make love like you’ve never made love before. Then, I want you each to say ‘I love you and want you to be happy’ to each other in unison ten times before you go to bed.” She pushed the clock out over her desk towards the couple. “Finally, this is a ‘Beau-Jangle clock.’ You put it by your bed, plug it in, set the alarm, and it plays a number of romantic melodies that help you both get a really good night’s sleep.”

Mr. Stabler rolled his eyes as his wife reached out and touched the bizarre gadget. “That’s it?” she asked incredulously.

Dr. Wagner stood up behind her desk. “Well, I do recommend you both do this for a whole week,” she smiled. “Most of the couples that come to me find out it gets much easier the second and third and fourth and fifth...” she giggled happily.

The Stablers looked at each other and then back at the doctor. “Okaaaay,” he said, finally, with a chuckle as he rose and took the clock from his wife. “I guess it’s worth a try...”

“Oh, trust me, it’ll work,” Renee smiled happily as she rounded the desk and touched Mrs. Stabler gently on the shoulder. “All of my clients are COMPLETELY happy, so satisfied in fact that very few even have to come back for a third appointment.”

“Oh, that reminds me,” he said as he reached for his wallet. “How much do we owe you again?”

“Oh, don’t worry about that now,” the doctor waved her hand nonchalantly. “Just set an appointment for next week with Betty outside and you two can decide between now and then what you think I’m worth.” She walked the confused couple towards the door. “The most important thing is that you two are HAPPY!”

“Thanks again for everything,” Mrs. Stabler said as the two departed, leaving Doctor Renee Wagner standing in the frame of the doorway, smiling merrily at them as they left.

“What a strange woman,” she whispered to her husband as they approached the receptionist’s desk, clutching the clock to her breast.

“Hey, you get what you pay for,” he chuckled under his breath to her as they stopped to make the appointment.

The receptionist, Betty, stood up and smiled broadly. “What can I do for you two?” she asked, happily.

* * *

Doctor Wagner sat down at her desk and sighed contentedly. Reaching back to a shelf behind her, she pressed a button on the front of another of the strange clocks. She closed her eyes and leaned back in her big plush office chair, humming happily along with the soft music.

Suddenly, the phone on her desk started buzzing and blinking.

“Hello?”

“Hi, Dr. Wagner, this is Stephanie Burgess.”

“Oh, hello, Mrs. Burgess, how are things with you?”

“Oh, Doctor, I couldn’t be happier. We made love for a whole TWO hours last night!”

“That’s fantastic!”

“I don’t know how to thank you.”

“Oh, just the fact that you’re happy is thanks enough.”

“No, seriously, Doctor, Stu and I talked it over. Is ten-thousand OK?”

“Oh, don’t be silly, Mrs. Burgess, five will be plenty.”

“You sure? I mean, Stu’s boss was so happy that his disposition improved so much that he gave him a raise!”

“That’s great!”

“I’ll mail you a check this afternoon.”

“Really, there’s no rush.”

“I insist.”

“OK, whatever makes you happy.”

“Oh, I’m amazingly happy.”

“Glad to hear it.”

“Bye, bye, Doctor Wagner.”

“Bye.”

* * *

“Doctor?” Randall Simmons sat the cardboard box on the carpet and wiped the perspiration off his bald pate with his handkerchief and pushed his wire-rimmed glasses up on his nose as he peeked his head around the office door.

“Mr. Simmons! Come in! Come in! You don’t know how happy I am to see you!” Renee sprang from behind her desk and bounced across the office as the small dwarf of a man bent down to pick the box back up.

“No, ma’am, the...pleasure is all mine,” he stuttered as he stumbled awkwardly into the room, his face hidden behind the large box in his arms.

Skipping to his side, she quickly shut the office door behind him as he plopped the box down into one of the chairs in front of her desk. Fumbling with the handkerchief, he brought it up to his head again. “I hope I’m not...intruding.”

“Never!” She beamed as she ran back behind her desk to the water cooler. “Are you thirsty?” she asked as she reached for a paper cup.

“Water would be...great...” he stuttered again and sat down in the other chair. “Thank you.”

“Oh, you must be soooo tired, lugging that whole box of clocks up all those stairs,” she cooed as she sat on the edge of her desk and handed him the cup.

“Well, yes they are...a bit...heavy,” he said, lifting the cup up to his lips, listening contentedly to the soft music coming from the smiley face on her shelf.

“Well, I know JUST the thing you need,” she whispered, moving behind him to massage his shoulders. “How does that feel?”

“Oh, ma’am...that’s...heavenly...” he managed, breathing heavily, the empty paper cup falling from his hand.

She leaned over him until her hair brushed softly against his neck. “Twenty-thousand, like usual?” she nuzzled his ear with her nose.

“Oh, for you...dear lady...” his voice trailed off to a whimper. “...half price.”

“Ooooo, Mr. Simmons, you DO know how to make a woman happy,” she purred and nibbled at his ear as her fingers slowly began to work the buttons on his shirt.

* * *

All Dr. Randall Simmons ever wanted to do with his life was to make people happy. As he sauntered down the sidewalk from the clinic, he whistled a happy tune and smiled at the people on the street. So many more happy people in the world.

Especially Randall Simmons.

Oh, yes, occasionally, he thought about being rich. Being famous. Being powerful. Then he thought about Dr. Wagner.

And Dr. Anderson. And Dr. Harmon. And Dr. Gonzales. And Dr. Wang. And all their happy patients in all their happy marriages.

And how utterly amazing it is that you don’t stutter when you sing.

“Shine on me sunshine
Walk with me world
It’s a skippedee-dooda day”

END: “HAPPINESS”