The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

System Corrupt

(mc, ma, ex, hu, mf)

Part 4

hursday was another long work shift, from 10:30 to 6 P.M. She did her usual workout routine, showered, ate breakfast, and hung out with Mikaela before work. Afterward, she came straight home, hoping for a chance to listen to her own hypnosis recordings before a black-out kicked in—if one kicked in. She grabbed a breakfast bar out of the cabinet, ate quickly, and went straight to bed, refusing to look anywhere near the vicinity of the computer. She dawned the headphones, and, as the hypnotist’s voice began speaking, she sighed in relief.

Laurie woke with a start. Naked again. It didn’t surprise her in the least. Nor did the vibrator between her legs, its tip resting against her reddened slit. Nor even the fact that a bottle of honey from the cabinet was sitting on her dresser top.

Something had gone wrong. She wasn’t supposed to remember. The fact that she even knew what she wasn’t supposed to remember was wrong. It... it wasn’t very clear. Nothing was clear. But Laurie perceived that a... a thick, black curtain was in place to separate Laurie from... from something else. And that night, the curtain had been torn, just a little. Laurie wished to God it hadn’t been.

She had disjointed, vague, unreal memories. She remembered finding something bad and destroying it. She remembered that she’d had an appointment to keep and someone... or someones... to make happy. She’d been really excited about it. And, she remembered getting the honey out of the cabinet... remembered talking to Mikaela, who seemed to think Laurie was doing something odd or amusing... remembered talking into her webcam... dancing... touching... she’d been very happy, having a wonderful time, and the honey—ugh, she would have to throw the honey away.

Laurie shuttered. It had been so much better when she couldn’t remember. What changed? Was it the hypnosis mp3? She looked around and realized she didn’t know what had become of her mp3 player. Hadn’t she... Laurie had a sinking sensation and muttered, “I liked that player.” Because odds were good that that was the thing she’d seen fit to destroy. Laurie sat at her computer, unplugged the webcam, and checked her download folder for the hypnosis mp3’s. Sure enough, they were gone.

Eighteen dollars down the drain... she thought, and then, Any other brilliant ideas?

She had none. She ought to set aside some time to brainstorm, but she needed to finish her current book for the store blog by Saturday at noon, and given the trauma she’d just experienced, she was almost afraid to keep fighting back.

Can’t give up fighting, she told herself, I’m not the thing this program is trying to make me be.

And so, she washed the makeup off her face, dressed for a jog, and went into the kitchen to have breakfast. She made toast and eggs for herself and Mikaela, who kept looking at her with a strange, quizzical smile as they ate, as if Laurie were walking around with a “kick me” sign on her back.

“What is it?” Laurie finally asked.

“Nothing, honey muffin,” Mikaela replied.

Laurie went red and turned her attention back to her eggs.

Another moment passed, and then Mikaela said, “Ok, I’ve got to ask.”

Laurie held her breath and didn’t look up from her eggs.

What were you doing last night, and where did you get those purple boots?”

Laurie went pale. Her fork fell from her hand and clattered on her plastic plate. Her mouth fell open like a fish, and she said, “Up, uhhhhmmm...” and with an effort she lifted her head to look at Mikaela, who was still smiling mirthfully, and she said, “L-last night?”

“You don’t remember?”

Laurie said nothing.

“You were sleepwalking, Laurie.”

“Uh.. Oh! What, really?”

Mikaela laughed. “I hope that’s what you were doing. You were absolutely naked from the waist up, and you were wearing these epic, like, dominatrix boots. But you were walking around the apartment like nothing was out of place. I asked what you were doing, and you said you were getting honey for your tea.”

Laurie was flushing all over again, struggling to match up this recounting with her own vague recollections.

“I told you you didn’t have any tea, and you said you’d made it earlier but it needed honey. I watched you go into the cabinet, get the honey, and then walk back into your bedroom. And then you put on that same techtronica album you’ve been listening to all week.” Mikaela finished her retelling and Laurie cast about for something to say.

“Um... I don’t remember anything like that. Are you sure you didn’t... dream it?”

Mikaela laughed. “No, I definitely didn’t dream it. Tell the truth, you had the honey in your room this morning, didn’t you?”

Laurie nodded slightly, then cupped her hands over her face. “Oh, fffuck that’s embarrassing.”

“Not really,” said Mikaela, “I mean sure, it’s hilarious, but... I mean I’m totally jealous about those boots. Seriously hot. Where did you get them from?”

“...A costume shop,” said Laurie. And she forced a smile, “I dressed as... as the evil queen from Snow White a few years ago. For Halloween.” Laurie turned her attention back to her breakfast and started shoveling it down quickly as possible.

“Ah, I bet that was a bitchin’ costume,” Mikaela said, “Those boots looked hot on you.” And then she leaned in toward Laurie and said conspiratorially, “and the thong was pretty sexy too.”

Laurie nearly choked on her eggs, and Mikaela laughed uproariously.

Unacceptable. Laurie put all of her frustrations into each footfall as she jogged along the Town Lake trail. She wanted to find whoever was pulling her strings and shout at them, it was unacceptable to have her walking around her apartment in nothing but a thong and goddamn fetish boots in front of her roommate. Torturing her privately was one thing, or in front of strangers on the internet, well... that was pretty awful too. But this? Laurie could just die of embarrassment. She redoubled her pace, determined to finish a second loop on the two mile circuit before 11:30.

By the time she finished her jog, her stretches, her crunches, and a good cold-then-hot shower, Laurie felt a little bit better. She texted Mikaela to please not spread around her little sleepwalking incident, then she sat down with her book and tucked in for the afternoon.

That night, Laurie went out with friends like usual, but she ducked out early. She wanted to get a fresh start on Saturday morning. She’d texted her team captain to let her know she wouldn’t be at the game in the morning, and she had talked a coworker into taking over the first half of her shift for the afternoon. What she’d decided was that she needed a change of pace.

So she got up at 8 am, worked out, showered, then went shopping. Her budget had taken a beating from this whole debacle, it was true, but she’d been pretty good all week—she hadn’t spent more than two dollars in restaurants, and she hadn’t even bought herself any drinks Friday night. And she could keep tightening her belt over the next week if she had to, but this Saturday morning, she felt she deserved to splurge.

She wondered through the isles of the thrift store, finding little gems to add to her cart: An old Betmar Lanna hat with a lacy black ribbon tied around the crown, the brim down-swept and nearly circular, like something from a ‘40’s era noir film (she almost expected a veil hanging from the inner rim). A pair of big dark sunglasses, brown rims, which would cover half her face. A chic white double-breasted trench coat, light fabric, cut a little higher than knee length.

And the wonderful thing about thrift stores was that that haul only cost $22.

Laurie wore the glasses and hat out of the store and carried the coat in a shopping bag that she set gently in the passenger seat of her Beetle, then she went down the block to the craft store. Struck with a new fun idea for some mischief, she went in and bought a few sheets of 22″x28″ white poster board, a pack of markers, and a little jar of glitter. And with that, she went straight back home.

Mikaela was out watching the softball game that Laurie had skipped. She wondered if she’d remembered to tell Mikaela she wasn’t going to be playing.

Well, at any rate, her absence meant Laurie could work undisturbed. She dressed up one sheet of poster board, front and back, splashed it with a little glitter, took in the final effect, and decided she didn’t need the other sheets after all. She changed clothes quickly, grabbed her poster, and set off again, feeling positively giddy.

Laurie caught the bus heading downtown. She supposed she might have looked a little odd in a nice trench coat on a bus in Summer, but then again, it wasn’t that nice a trench coat (second hand, after all), and it wasn’t a heavy trench coat or a particularly suspicious-looking garment in general. No one paid her a second glance, unless they were male and couldn’t help glancing down at her legs. She smiled to herself. This was going to be exciting.

Laurie debarked at Guadalupe, near the Student Union. Oddly, another woman in a long coat got off behind her. Laurie paid her no mind—she didn’t want to give away the surprise. Laurie crossed the street at the crosswalk and made her way to the public walkway between Guadalupe and 23rd street, just across the street from campus, in the heart of the drag district. Foot traffic was heavy around here—not crowded, but busy.

Dotted amidst the pedestrians, Laurie spotted other girls in long coats and wide-brimmed hats, each seemingly going about her business without any heed to the others. Laurie followed suit. But then, at the strike of noon, as the University Tower’s bells began chiming, the women converged, without any clear change of pace or direction, as if by coincidence. Laurie was thrilled that the routine was going off without a hitch—and without any rehearsal, no less! The girls fell spontaneously into a row, and in perfect unison, they threw off their coats, baring their naked forms to the world—naked, that is, but for their thong panties and heels. And each of them held a bit of poster board, which they lifted up over their heads. Laurie’s had an I on one side and a .C on the other. She smiled broadly at the people around them, confident that the big sunglasses and the hat would hide her identity from casual scrutiny.

People took notice, of course. Cars driving down Guadalupe honked. Passersby stopped to gawk, and within a couple minutes a big crowd grew. Many took pictures. Laurie smiled all the wider, tilting her weight from one foot to the other, posing a little bit for the audience while holding her sign still so the crowd could make out the message the signs spelled out. The sun beating down on her bare breasts felt glorious. The eyes of the crowd almost overwhelmed her, made a significant part of her want to cover up, made her flush red from head to ankle, but she was having such a blast, and she certainly wasn’t going to be the first one to stop.

The fun lasted about five minutes before a police car rolled up on Guadalupe, lights flashing. At the sight of it, the girls scattered apart as quickly as they’d come together. Each dropped her sign, took up her coat, and ran in a different direction, pulling on their clothes. Laurie was laughing wildly as she bobbed through the crowd, which was cheering and applauding.

When she was a couple blocks away, Laurie stopped running in her heels and stooped to catch her breath. She was still laughing. It had been good fun. She’d never been part of a flash mob before, and she wasn’t sure she’d want to do one as... exposed as that one again, but it was a good thing to have done once.