The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Three Fingers

This story is fiction. It deals with subjects that are considered ‘adult’. Be aware of this before you read on.

CHAPTER 18 — Mrs. Valentina-Smith Explains About The businesses The Hotel Owns

Walking back into the hotel through one of the rear entrances, Mrs. Valentina-Smith expanded on what they had been witnessing generally.

“We have a myriad of businesses around the city. They are mainly service industries where the public interacts with the business. There are a few inventions we use that I have not seen elsewhere. Toilets for instance.”

Mr. Paloka looked at her in surprise.

“Toilets?”

“Yes indeed. We take care to install our toilets in each one of our businesses. They are expensive but provide us with valuable information.” She looked at him to see his reaction. His reaction was one of interest, which pleased her.

“Our toilets are fully automatic and clean themselves after each use. Rather like the public ones available around the city. Ours, though, collect the urine and feces evacuated by our potential employee. Unfortunately, our ethics committee do not allow us to spy on people while on the toilet. Therefore we are forced to add cost and provide an attendant in each of our public toilets.”

Mr. Paloka wondered if there had been ‘words’ over this instruction. Mrs. Valentina-Smith seemed to have come out on the wrong end of the argument, if he was reading her correctly.

She looked at him again and realized he was American.

“Sorry, I mean restrooms. I do get confused between British and American English at times.” She knew he understood, but there was a certain uncomfortableness in his features when she said the word ‘toilet’. ‘Americans could be so puritanical at the most inconvenient times,’ she thought. ‘And Mr. Paloka is now thoroughly Americanized.’

“To continue, the restroom attendant has access to the camera views of the people entering the restroom and can manually link a face on a camera feed to a specific cubicle at a certain time. That way we can identify the individual inside through face recognition technology and allocate the DNA and medical information gleaned from her leavings back to an individual. And we also analyze the menstrual leavings as well. They give us a lot of additional detail for our psychiatrists and physicians.”

“Actually, all this is done automatically. The data will be available if and when our staff require it. And they will need it only when a certain individual is targeted.”

“Those toil…, er, cubicles are ubiquitous here now. They are in the clubs, the coffee houses, straight forward public restrooms in the streets, in schools, in the prisons. Actually they are everywhere we can think of putting them. These smart toilets form only part of our operations. There has also been a massive increase in the use of smart gadgets of all kinds. Fridges and kettles lead the way here. Our programmers can link in to these devices and record valuable data for our database. Obviously we know who owns which device.”

“Do you mean we hack into the kettles?” said Mr. Paloka laughing. “If this is so ubiquitous, why hasn’t anybody discovered anything?”

“Well, there are hardly any whistleblowers around anymore. We’ve seen to that by providing these smart devices at healthy discounts. Hacking into the kettles gives us access to the particular wi-fi system when we need to,” she went on to explain.

“Additionally, you have to realize we do not just employ young nubile females. Obviously we employ males as well, but also older people. There is a market for their services directly, but that is a small market. We supply the best for this market because we have such a vast pool of superior prospects to draw from. The others we train for appropriate jobs. Obviously, what I have just told you means we employ a vast number of psychiatrists and psychologists. We also employ teachers. Their job is to target those youngsters who could make the grade in any of our employment areas. Our ethics committee does not allow us to employ children, but there is no problem with us identifying our future employees while they are young and suggesting to them they study subjects of value to us. After all, we do supply them with vast amounts of free equipment and free experiences to broaden their minds. We simply offer them free scholarships in the areas they are competent in and which we require employees. Our requirements depend on the economic circumstances at the time. At the moment we can see a possible shortage in programmers and computer technicians in fifteen years’ time, so we are actively targeting youngsters who are interested in such things and offering them an easy path through life and study. It is in our interests to do so and it is in their interests we do so as well. Traditionally such shortages would be filled by immigrants, but we find local talent far more efficacious, especially in the present political climate.”

“And, of course, we are also active in the universities here. Obviously the career advisors and the lecturers but we also target the sororities and fraternities as well as the individual clubs. We do obtain a superior standard of applicant from them because one of the first things we do, once we have identified our potential employees, is to make certain they receive ‘help’ in their focus and application which is highly beneficial to them. Yes, they miss out on a lot of the social activities, but they get higher grades and are far more employable for us. The conversion costs are minimal. We do also encourage them to get fit or to stay fit and we encourage both sexes to acquire a decent image they put forward into the world. The reduction in costs from these activities is tremendous and the bulk of their costs are paid through their student loans, usually from our banks. The banks eventually recover that outlay through insurance which is not supplied by us or any business we control. And, of course, the professionals we employ are paid through either the private business that employ them or by the public purse. Our outlay is now negligible in these areas.

Mr. Paloka was finally getting to grips with the scope of his new job.

“And it is not simply ourselves and our customers who are playing this game. Other allies are also in play. For instance, Mistress Jenna has a number of massage parlors and escort agencies she does not advertise as belonging to her. We have access to those as well, while Mistress Jenna makes her profits from the ‘massages’ and from the data we buy from her. She sometimes passes us one whom she thinks will benefit us. And we reciprocate, but that is not a major source.”

“Homeless hostels are a good source for us. Some people will agree to a lot when there is nothing else for them. And, of course, we operate within the police force as well as the other emergency forces. That is useful for a lot of things, one of which is directing suitable people to the many services we provide gratis in this city.”

“The police give us valuable information in potential employees as well as the forces themselves as we have access to their personal records. We do have to be careful with them as we do not want them to learn we recruit from their ranks as well. The police force especially is a good source of security personnel for our businesses. We do ensure our police force is very highly trained via the public purse. Our activities with the police and the whole apparatus surrounding law enforcement has led to the situation where this city and the area around it has the lowest crime rate in the country. We didn’t aim for that. It just happened soon after our progressive policies came into effect. This city also boasts the highest per capita income of any city in the USA, again because of our progressive policies.”

“As a general rule, most of our recruiters do not know they recruit for us. They think they are all part of a political effort to benefit the people of this city and its surrounding areas. They work very hard on our behalf. If you think about it, we do actually benefit the people of this city and its environs. Of course, everything we do in the city is duplicated in all the townships and rural areas around.

“We use jewelry shops as well. They are profitable in their own right. Especially the high end ones. Imagine taking a customer into a private silent room to view a gem. The whole scenario is built for a hypnosis approach, is it not? The high end employees we obtain that way are very valuable. We usually let them decide their lives would have more meaning if they did something useful instead of their endless rounds of pleasure. So a lot of them decide to become psychiatrists or psychologists or something useful for society. They study and gain their qualifications and start practicing. We supply their startup costs through our bank – we have the cheapest loans and we are very strict about customer quality – and we supply the clientele for the new psychiatrists and psychologists. They study in our Universities which happen to be among the best in the country and are local. Elder psychiatrists are trusted by most people and they are very successful in their careers.”

“In fact, businesses where we can get one to one interaction with a customer have always proved to be very profitable in their own right, as well as excellent sources for the supply of employees.”

“We run, by one means or another, three major banks in the city. They consistently offer cheaper loans, including student loans, and mortgages, than the nationals. As a result, they have most of the people as clients between them. Amazingly, they are still immensely profitable despite that. It makes one wonder how the multinational banks operate does it not? Our bank managers are in a very good position to supply us with potential employees’ bank accounts and spending patterns as well as being able to offer, to selected clients only, free one year passes to, say, a gym, or a spa or fifty percent off all purchases for a year offers at a certain shop and the like.”

“And those ‘selected clients’ are not just from the top tiers of society. Our banks cater to all levels of citizens. A free pass such as we provide is much more valuable to a, say, young girl without many qualifications and not much money with no way to make more.”

“Of course we initially bankrolled the hospitals and medical centers. They make a profit now though. They are excellent for obtaining the DNA and personal information of their clients plus the babies born there. We can then target specific children that fit our criteria. An unadvertised and unexpected bonus with the hospitals is that two of them run top secret government backed experiments on mind control. Of course, the managers of those experiments passed the government’s vetting processes easily.”

“We also use health insurance in this mix. We do have the best health insurance packages in the country and they’re entirely local. Not just one, we have several all competing for custom. In the best traditions of capitalism, their competition has resulted in the best packages for their customers. And, because of this they can and do insist certain psychiatrists, certain hospitals, certain doctors, certain gynecologists are used. Compared to the national insurance packages available, the ones we back offer a magnificent spectrum of treatments in their packages as standard, and that includes all LGBTQIAPK issues. They are potentially valuable employees also. We will not have any truck with any interference in these areas. However, we do keep as much of this out of the general news as possible. Our health insurance companies are all profitable and pay for themselves, which is also a bonus.”

They parted when they arrived at their floor and went back to their offices. Mr Paloka decided not to ask about the research he had discovered Mrs. Valentina-Smith was doing into exoskeletons. She was good and he admired her professionalism, but she did like to have her say in each and every decision that was made. Perhaps her secret research would keep her from interfering for a while. He knew exoskeletons would not reveal Unit 8’s secrets. He had already tried back in his Franchise days.

Mr. Paloka went back to work and Mrs. Valentina-Smith to sit back and reflect, while having her feet massaged. She was certain Mr. Paloka knew about her exoskeleton research but she had been extra careful about her search for people with a robot fetish, which, so far, had produced fifteen individuals who had the appropriate mental makeup and who had been persuaded to have a personal ambition to further this research, no matter what it took.

Perhaps if she extended her exoskeleton research further into areas she had already discounted, Mr. Paloka would think her more preoccupied than she was. That would work, especially if she used the hotel’s facilities to do this. She always strived to hire the best, but the best had a tendency to want to rise to the top. And she was in Mr. Paloka’s way. It would be good for her career if he thought she was failing.

However, this research was strictly a blind. In fact, she was doing all of the critical research out of her own pocket. This made it more certain that Mr. Paloka, the hotel and The Franchise wouldn’t get to know about it before it was too late. Unfortunately her money was not infinite and she had to be creative in order to make every dollar count.

So far she had hired an old abandoned warehouse on the edge of Mistress Jenna’s territory and staffed it with the minimum of engineers required to create a viable Unit. Of course, she had informed Mistress Jenna what was happening. As it didn’t interfere with her business, Mistress Jenna couldn’t care less. However, she would pass on any information that came her way concerning the goings on at that warehouse. Mrs. Valentina-Smith deliberately didn’t ask for more. Just a casual lookout was ideal for her purposes.

Her efforts had advanced enough to manufacture prototype Units, which were successful. From there, she had manufactured fully equipped Units. Up ’till now, these units had failed (Units 9, 10 and 11 were scrapped and discarded), but each failure provided them with more information. Now there was distinct hope. Unit 12 was partially successful. It was inferior to Unit 8, but that was not the point. It was a fully functional working Unit that could be employed. Naturally, Mrs. Valentina-Smith wanted the whole market, which meant Unit 12 had to be improved.

Now Unit 13 was undergoing tests and they looked good. This was in all ways superior to Unit 8 and it seemed to be stable. She was ensuring it was thoroughly tested under all conditions before patenting the design and going into business manufacturing them in bulk.

So far her Units were totally dependent on finding and employing suitable people with the distinct brain anomaly of wanting to become a robot. Her pure scientists were now employed on the task of creating this anomaly in normal people. Then, and only then, could she manufacture her units in bulk.

She looked forward to Unit 13’s flooding the MC landscape in the near future, giving her as much wealth as she would ever need in a multitude of lifetimes. Mrs. Valentina-Smith had watched Unit 8’s period of employment in the hotel with interest. Unit 8 was popular. Very popular. In fact, too popular. Unit 8 was in danger of becoming indispensable and that was not going to happen.

Unit 8 would be returned to The Franchise as soon as she introduced Unit 13s to the hotel. Then she would offer each individual Franchise its own Unit 13s at a vast discount. There would be a number of Unit 13s at each and every Franchise in the country and Unit 8 could safely be retired off to a well-earned retirement. Or, The Franchise could redeploy Ms. Harlow to a more undemanding position, as she would clearly be permanently outclassed. Mrs. Valentina-Smith hoped The Franchise would not donate Ms. Harlow to the Testing Facility. That would be a pity. She liked Ms. Harlow, despite Ms. Harlow’s Yorkshire origins.