The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Touch of frost

Chapter Five: Memories don’t leave like people do

Traffic blurred, the world shifting into an oblivious doppler, while Beverly gripped the wheel tighter and hoped she wasn’t already too late. Her neck throbbed, each pulse reinforcing that urgency as they drilled more fiercely into her traitorous core. She cursed that weakness, trying unsuccessfully to crush it beneath her resolve.

Swinging out onto the Embankment, she weathered the storm of angry horns and screamed insults. Barely avoiding a collision, the car fish-tailed, but Beverly wrestled it back under control, giving silent thanks for the lessons learned in her last reactive driving course. The Millennium Wheel loomed in the distance, and its slow rotation painted the night sky with light.

She didn’t know what Eve was planning; the cyborg had batted her consciousness aside almost as soon as their minds had touched. But that brief taste had been filled with such cold, synthetic certainty that Beverly had no doubt that they were retreading all too familiar paths. She knew where they were leading her, too, but seemed utterly unable to break free from them.

Silver flashes illuminated the structure, argent lightning that, just for an instant, seemed to dribble from every exposed surface. Beverly could feel the pressure building and not just because of the proximity to her target. With every passing second they all slipped closer to something too horrible to contemplate. Peterson had been right, although for all the wrong reasons. It was happening again, but this time it would be entirely up to her to stop it.

The wheel jerked alarmingly, almost pulling itself from her hands as her momentary inattention allowed the car to careen into the kerb, clashing heavily with one of the many bollards lining the street. Beverly cursed loudly, taking strength from the foul expletives, almost as if the words themselves could keep her on the road.

* * *

Eve took hold of the last, feebly squirming package and laid it very gently on top of its silver-shrouded twin. Carefully she eased the trapped woman’s head between the other’s thighs, waiting for a moment while the liquid metal mired them helplessly in place. Pairs of glistening lips reached for each other, as wetly flicking tongues darted blindly... and then, they were sealed together, becoming even more beautiful in their anonymous uniformity.

The drones sang their soft, buzzing song... lusty notes that resonated and reverberated within their steel and polycarbonate cages. Eve stretched outwards, letting her thoughts flow into the spinning wheel. She could feel herself growing thinner, literally fading with the effort she was making. But if this was to be her last hurrah, she had no intention of giving anything less than her all.

Very slowly, the ponderous structure was changing... metal melting into utter strangeness, while new-formed energies crackled and cavorted across the darkening cityscape. The mounting pleasure gripped her, sinking its hungry fangs into the cyborg’s sex and avidly gnawing upon every succulent fold.

Her moans were strangely muffled, warped by the cascading fire that leapt from gondolier to gondolier. Slick metal slid effortlessly over her naked cuntlips, massaging the network’s increasingly intimate notes into that slippery flesh. The captive flames formed themselves into a blisteringly tight knot, diamond hard and meltingly hot. Passion leaked across the connection, pouring helplessly from each pair of eagerly lustrous sluts.

They would be coming for her, she knew, just like before. But this time, they wouldn’t find weak, pitiful Rachel in charge, oh no. This time it would be Eve, and she would be ready.

* * *

Beverly screamed, trying unsuccessfully to blot out the relentless hum. The car ploughed into concrete, and she was instantly assailed by the same sensations she had felt before. Unspoken words buzzed angrily against her skin while static played over the exquisitely sensitive surface of her brain. She craned her neck, gazing up at the Eye, and realising for the first time that it had stopped moving.

She kicked open the door, inadvertently opening the Faraday cage that had been shielding her. She hadn’t even stepped inside when, quite suddenly, she found herself bearing the brunt of Eve’s desires. The signal washed outwards, stirring her flesh with ripples of shivering excitement. It forced a choked gasp from her suddenly moist lips, and let a trickle of saliva slip unnoticed from the corner of her mouth.

The air around her shimmered with the heat of unsuppressed lust, but even through that haze, Beverly could see just how much the wheel had already been changed. She couldn’t begin to fathom just how it was possible, but although the scale was at least an order of magnitude greater, the strangely organic-looking growth was identical to that which still held Aeryn trapped back at the house.

Stepping into the growing maze, her fingers closed around one of the support beams and sank into the oily, silver ooze. She tried to ignore the sense of revulsion, steeling herself against the discomforting sensations, and began to climb. It made sense that Eve would have reserved the highest point for herself. The cyborg would want the ‘god spot’ and that was where Beverly needed to go.

Vertigo urged Beverly to look down, her middle ear as confused as she. With each upward step, her heavy combat boots slipped against the wet metal before finding purchase, leaving her even more unbalanced. She could taste bile, even over the bitter tang of spent adrenaline. And lactic acid forced her muscles to burn with the strength of those exertions.

* * *

For a fractured instant, Eve felt fear. Her heart pounded, as a dizzying sense of unreality threatened to unravel everything. Something, or someone, pressed against the barrier, slithering through her defences, unseen and all but unknown. The cyborg recognised the cloying sensation. This was the same... corruption... she had felt before. It was the same one who had taken Aeryn from her, and that knowledge was all she needed to shift the strength of her fears into raw, bestial rage.

She peered into the night, ignoring the after-images every stroke of artificial lightning painting across her vision. Stepping outside the symphony, Eve felt the flames flicker and settle. The fire hadn’t been extinguished—in fact, it burned hotter than she had ever known—but for the short time this would take, her countdown was on hold.

Her body recognised what she needed, and responded automatically, channelling energy into subsystems that had long remained isolated. Something akin to pain rippled through her left hand as it was remodelled and refined. Blades sprang forth, sheathing and unsheathing in angry twitches, while new strands of myomer wrapped themselves around replaced muscle and titanium-laced bone.

The intruder was more than just a nagging presence... it was a painful anomaly crawling through the heart of her otherwise perfect network. Crystal filled the cyborg’s hand as she drifted effortlessly between the thick steel beams. The drone’s voices united to form a comforting hum somewhere far in the background, and Eve held onto its artificial warmth as she prepared to pounce.

* * *

Beverly heaved herself over the edge, and fell heavily into the open pod. Sweat matted her hair and stung her eyes as it ran freely over a face that was flushed with more than simple exertion. Breathing hard, she hauled herself upright, trying to ignore just how badly her muscles were shaking. The gondolier was changing before her eyes, she realised; growing steadily more alien and disturbing as she watched. Colours swam in the midst of the thick silver ooze, forming rainbow patterns that constantly swirled into one another.

Arousal hung heavily in the air, tingling darkly over her skin and burying its musk deep within her mind. The floor shivered, as the barest impression of limbs pushed themselves against the strange metal. A low groan rumbled through her thoughts, and just for a moment she had a glimpse of a woman’s face, mouth stretched wide in ecstasy. All around her, other voices were adding to that joyous cry, building towards their crescendo even while their bodies were taken far beyond the limits of endurance.

She stiffened, unable to suppress her involuntary reaction, and belated realised just how lost she had become in this maelstrom of captive coupling. She was surrounded by what Peterson had referred to as ‘devices’. Except that wasn’t what they were, not really. They were women, women just like her, who Eve was changing and manipulating to use as her weapons. It took her a moment to appreciate the full horror of the situation, and it was an effort to stifle her gasp of understanding.

One ‘device’ had affected more than three and a half thousand square kilometres. But the Eye had thirty two capsules just like the one she was in now, and each one could hold twenty five people. Assuming they were all equally full, Beverly couldn’t even begin to imagine the consequences if they “detonated”.

But that wasn’t what had provoked her physical reaction. That wasn’t the sensation that was screaming at her to run, while at the same time squeezing Beverly’s sex so wonderfully it was impossible to halt the steady drool of sticky juices, the ones that gave such mute testimony of her own weakness. Beverly had no idea how she’d managed to get so close again, but under the circumstances, it really didn’t matter.

“Hello, Rachel,” she breathed, without bothering to turn around.

* * *

Eve stopped, entirely unprepared for that greeting. Her hand was still raised, the crystal shard resonating with the need to bury itself in hot flesh. A snowstorm of metallic fragments whirled around her, psychic chaff that should have made it impossible for the woman to sense her approach. The indecision lasted only a moment, but in her heightened state, even fractions of seconds seemed to crawl.

Anger filled her, though whether its focus was this woman’s presumption, or her own weakness, was impossible to say. Whatever the source, she took hold of it and used the strength of that rage to drive her palm into the base of the intruder’s skull, channelling all her frustration into one clumsy blow.

Beverly’s legs folded beneath her, but Eve caught her easily. And then, as an afterthought, she twisted the exposed needle quite savagely, wanting her enemy to feel the depths of pain as well as the heights of passion. The woman gave a low moan, and quite suddenly the scent of her helpless need seemed to fill the capsule. That sound touched something inside the cyborg, and her own, answering whimper was just a needy.

She thrust one hand under her captive’s blouse, plunging those sticky fingers into the depths of her cleavage. Then, brutally, she just tore through the thin fabric, exposing Beverly from throat to navel in one swift movement. The woman’s breasts sloshed invitingly, the soft flesh pooling against her chest, only held in place by her distractingly functional bra.

“You took her away from me,” she accused, taking hold of the sturdy cotton.

Beverly’s nipples pressed into the soft fabric, twin points of agonised arousal. Her eyes were glassy, as they stared up into the cyborg’s face, but the spark was still there. Strength glinting just beneath the surface, dimmed but not yet extinguished. Eve gritted her teeth, unaccustomed anger tearing at her. How dare this woman fight back!

“So now you get to do something for me,” Eve snarled, tugging hard and feeling how the material began to give. “I was just going to do it myself, but seeing as you’re here now, I’m going to have you do it for me. How does that feel, you bitch? Knowing that you’re the one who’s going to get me off … and end everything?”

The fabric gave a soft hiss of protest, before literally coming apart at the seams. Beverly cried out, the relief very evident as her tortured breasts were finally freed. Eve gave her only a moment’s respite and then took hold of the woman’s ripe flesh once more. One hand began to knead and massage, while the other slid beneath Beverly’s waistband.

A film of thick, syrupy lubricant oozed from Eve’s clutching hands, while those tiny blades pressed threateningly into Beverly’s glazed skin. Newly formed muscles strained, and the heavy denim parted easily. Then, the cyborg pressed her index finger into the sodden fabric of her captive’s panties, drawing a slow line down the centre of her captive’s puffy crease.

“You killed her!” Eve screamed, as the blade slid forth to lewdly caress that shivering flesh.

* * *

“No!” Beverly whispered, with such intensity that for a moment Eve was too stunned to react. “I had nothing to do with your sister’s death, and I didn’t take Aeryn away from you either. She chose to sleep, rather than become a part of … this.”

The cyborg’s hands didn’t move, but even the gentlest of tremors let that impossibly sharp blade scratch delightfully against her swollen folds. Beverly had never felt more spent, and the burning sensation in her neck seemed to redouble with every passing moment. Eve’s hand squeezed so tightly that she wanted to scream, and yet Beverly knew that she mustn’t.

Because she knew, as soon as she gave voice to her feelings, she would be pleading with Eve to squeeze even harder. Then she’d be begging the cyborg to give her, not what she wanted, or even what she needed. No... she’d beg Eve to give her everything she deserved.

“Aeryn couldn’t do it,” she stated, bluntly, “Could she? Couldn’t give you what you needed … she couldn’t be Karen … because you took her, just like all the others. Whereas Karen gave herself, willingly, and that was how she could hold onto herself.

These puppets you’ve created are merely extensions of your will, but you have no more idea of what to do with them than they do. And so, you are forced to listen to something unimaginably old that has been twisted by too many Cold War dreams … and nightmares.”

“How?” Eve demanded, pressing herself more forcefully into her captive, “How are you doing this?”

Beverly reached up and lightly touched the nape of her neck, feeling the heat of the protruding needle. Then she smiled, and took the crystal shard between thumb and forefinger. Very slowly she began to rock her pelvis, obviously relishing the dangerously cool touch, as she humped herself against the glistening razor.

“They had to cut it out,” she grimaced, wincing as her fingers lost their grip on the slippery needle. “And when they put me back together, the surgeons used a metal frame as a scaffold for the new bone to grow around. Crystal’s not the best thing to push through steel, Rachel.”

She gave a small grin of triumph, as the shard finally began to shift. Eve seemed paralysed, unable to do more than stare, even though she still had her captive inescapably pinned. Beverly wiggled the tiny fragment, flinching at the discordant sparks that bled from the strange technology, and then she twisted even more savagely than Eve had done.

“This is my choice, Rachel,” she almost screamed, shoving the needle as hard as she could, “and I make it willingly.”

* * *

The psi-crystal slid past the metal framework, and into Beverly’s spinal cord. She arched, and the cyborg was forced to snatch her hands away or risk accidentally injuring the bucking woman. Her other self had no explanation; it simply couldn’t understand what had happened. Confusion gave way to angry frustration, and she screamed her defiance into the face of her enemy.

“Stop calling me that!” she howled, “Rachel’s gone … and soon so will everyone else.”

“I’m sorry,” Beverly whispered into her mind, “We didn’t know. It’s not an excuse, Rachel, but I can’t let you do this. I can’t lose you as well … I can’t lose anyone else.”

Tendrils coiled menacingly around the fallen woman, wrapping themselves around her exposed breasts and sinking hungrily into the sticky heat that lay between her parted thighs. Eve tried to push them away, but the silver growth just ignored her urgings.

“I don’t understand,” the cyborg whined.

“They used us,” Beverly explained, while words and images cascaded through the cyborg’s thoughts. “Didn’t you wonder who the donors were? After all, the genetic material from which they grew you and Karen had to come from somewhere, didn’t it?

“That’s why the feedback was so devastating … you can’t destroy a part of yourself and expect there to be no consequences. But we didn’t know … Rachel, I promise you. Look into my thoughts and you will see the truth of my words.

“Please … they’ve already paid for our actions, a thousand times over. Don’t punish everyone for the mistakes we made … if you need vengeance … then visit it upon those who truly deserve it and let me help you. Just … please, Rachel … don’t do this.”

“Get out of my head,” Eve shouted, but what should have been a demand, sounded far more like a plea.

“That’s not how it works,” Beverly sighed, as the pervasive silver growth picked up from where Eve had left off. “This is what you wanted, Rachel, and more importantly it’s what you need. You’ve spread yourself so very thin, and you are about to make the most horrible mistake. Karen explained things last time, didn’t she, sweetness. She talked you out of it, when the crystal just wanted you to change everyone.

“Rachel, neither one of us retains enough of our humanity to let us even pretend to be real people, but together perhaps we have a chance. You need the mesh, love. Telling you what to do, and keeping you safe. And I want this so very badly, don’t you understand? I’ve wanted this since you stuck that first needle into me.

“Now, come here,” she ordered, and the full weight of the mesh’s power pressed into the cyborg. Amplified through the Wheel, it lifted Rachel out of the darkness, and banished her darker twin to the tiny corner it had occupied before, “And finish what you started …”

* * *

Beverly let her mind run free, replaying and developing every fantasy she’d ever clung to. And, delightfully, Rachel was not some emotionless puppet, simply acting out her wishes, but an active and imaginative partner, who happily extemporised on Beverly’s themes and ideas.

There was no gentleness, neither of them wanted that. Instead, there was fire, scorching them both with its remorseless intensity. Heat rippled on those shimmering blades, and danced between them in sheets of lightning. The drones gave them a rhythm, their frenzied coupling forming a backbeat against which everything else took place. Meanwhile, their world somehow contrived both to contract down until it consisted of nothing more than lips and blades, and to expand so far it seemed to encompass everything.

Rachel’s palms crackled with radiant energy, and she used them ruthlessly to smooth away her partner’s tensions. The silver-blue fire flowed over Beverly’s skin, igniting the nerve endings and letting the sheen of perspiration simply boil away into clouds of pheromone-laden steam. Scalpel blades grazed her tender flesh, as Rachel dragged them with hideous slowness against the puckered tightness of first one throbbing nipple and then the other.

“Fuck me,” Beverly whispered, making each word an intimate stroke.

The cyborg didn’t even try to resist, she just let both her hands trail down over her partner’s taut stomach. The remnants of her knickers were ripped free, leaving Beverly’s gaping and drooling cunt utterly exposed. She lifted herself, taking her weight across her shoulders, and shoving her gleaming lips towards her tormentor.

Almost hesitantly, Rachel reached down into those glistening folds, letting her fingers brush against the silken wetness. Beverly gave a whine that was equal parts longing and frustration, but the message sunk inexorably into the frost-bitten core of the cyborg’s mind.

With a soft click, the hidden compartment snapped opened. Rachel stared deeply into Beverly’s eyes, as if unsure whether this was truly what the other woman wanted. In turn, Beverly smiled back, pouring reassurance into her partner’s mind and trying to fill those horribly empty spaces. The cyborg’s fingers closed around the first needle, and Beverly’s eyes drifted closed. She held her breath, bracing herself for that wondrous contact.

Beverly could feel those clever fingers easing apart her shivering cuntlips before taking hold of the slippery, sensitive nub. Then, without warning, a shaft of lightning pierced her straining clit, sinking so deeply into the throbbing flesh that she didn’t know whether to scream or cum. In the end she did both, over and over, while the cyborg wrapped her straining body in lust and steel.

* * *

When it was all over, a drained Beverly sat on the floor, called Perkins, and told him to bring in the clean up teams. Rachel would be long gone by the time they arrived, she told him, but the girl wasn’t really a threat, not anymore. They would have to keep Aeryn a secret, at least for now. Rachel’s erstwhile rescuer wasn’t another mesh, not really, but the distinction would be lost on the other investigators and Beverly wasn’t about to get more blood on her hands.

“What’s going to happen to me?” Rachel wondered, as she helped Beverly to her feet.

Beverly touched her gently, letting her inner voice massage away the few remaining doubts, while her deft fingers drew new lines of noetic circuitry across her partner’s cheek. A hint of sadness passed between them, but she cast it down, battering the negative emotion with tingling cascades of glimmering fire.

“Whatever you want to,” Beverly smiled, “But I’ll be here to help you from now on, I promise.”

Rachel grinned, resting her head against the other woman’s chest, and letting the soft thud of another’s heart slowly lull her senses. They were both exhausted, muscles trembling in the aftermath of their frenzy and their bodies spattered with silvery juices. Tenderly, Beverly began to stroke her fingers through the soft tangle of Rachel’s hair.

“I want to go home,” Rachel sighed.

“Okay,” Beverly breathed, her words filled with regret. “There’s just one last thing I need to do, and then I can meet you there.”

“You promised,” Rachel reminded her, softly.

“I know,” Beverly admitted, “But you’re going to have to trust me.”

* * *

She’d toyed with the idea of heading back to Vauxhall exactly as she was, but in the end, practically won out over bravado and Beverly stopped off at her apartment to change out her torn, sweaty clothes. Practically ignoring Security, she breezed into the Director’s office, enjoying the look of astonishment that crossed his ruddy face. Eskewing the proffered chair, this time she chose to remain standing.

“So,” he began, resting his chin on steepled fingers, “Perkins tells me the threat is past.”

“Yes,” she nodded, “It’s almost over.”

Peterson looked up, his supercilious grin strangely incongruous, considering his part in the whole mess, and she wanted to punch him so badly that her arms began to tremble. Before she could act on her desires, though, Beverly felt something dribbling down over her clavicle, shivering at how good it felt. Without thinking, she reached out for Rachel, effortlessly finding the broken child she had nursed back to health. Strength arced between them, reminding both women of the purpose, and indeed, the necessity, of the mesh. Truth flowed in both directions, and neither part was truly beholden to the other.

“Almost?” Peterson laughed cruelly, “Are you expecting some kind of acknowledgement, Watch?”

“No,” Beverly admitted, shaking her had sadly.

“Good,” the Director smirked, “There’s no room for heroes here, not even unsung ones. Now, why don’t you go and crawl back to whatever rock you were hiding under when I summoned you. I’ll let you know if your services are required again.”

He looked back down at his desk, signalling that the meeting was over, and that was when she moved. With unerring accuracy, Beverly thrust the small shard into Peterson’s skull. He didn’t even have time to gasp before the crystal lattice had threaded itself throughout his brain. She lifted his chin, and watched for a moment, fascinated, as the strands began to weave across his retina.

“What I was expecting,” she whispered, “Was for you to stab me in the back. Too bad I got there first, eh … Dick?”

She knew he was trying to fight it, but unfortunately for him that was absolutely the worst thing he could do. Her smile was feral as she leaned across his desk and let her hot breath scald his skin. Beads of sweat flowed slowly down his face, the only outward sign of his struggles, and she gave him a moment to recognise the futility of his resistance.

“In just a moment, your secretary is going come in,” she confined, “She’s going to sit down, in this chair, quite naked, and you’re going to watch while she jills herself to orgasm. It won’t be a big bang, sadly, just enough to purge this building and get rid of all the rotten apples. Luckily, most of the team are out in the field, helping Perkins sort out your mess! They’ll be the real heroes, Dick … saving all those people. They’re the future, not us … time to step aside, and let the new blood take over.”

Beverly turned and walked slowly to the door. She paused at the threshold, before looking back over her shoulder, with something akin to regret in her eyes. She swallowed hard, fighting to hold onto the last vestiges of control.

“In case I didn’t make it absolutely clear before,” she said, her voice cracking under the effort, “I quit! Goodbye, Dick … don’t bother to get up, I’ll see myself out.”