The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Veiled Threats

by J. Darksong

11.)

“This is almost too easy!”

Zero, the man formerly known as James Phelps, laughed loudly as gun and laser fire exploded all around him. The last two research facilities he’d hit were only slightly better guarded than this one, and he’d taken them both down without breaking a sweat. The bullets pelting him didn’t even scratch the surface of his skin, and the high energy particle weapons, repelled by his body’s own energy field, didn’t even make it that far. Anyone foolish enough to get in his way, he knocked aside with the merest brush of his hand.

“He’s here!” one of the scientists yelled as he knocked down the door to the east wing. “We can’t let him get the particle accelerator! Quick, Jack, lock it in the vault!”

“Yeah, Jack,” Phelps said loudly, cracking his knuckles loudly. “Be sure and lock it up in the vault, nice and tight. Since the electric fence, armed guards and concrete walls couldn’t stop me, I’m SURE a reinforced steel vault will keep me out!”

“Um, Jerry,” the dark haired researcher said, nervously, holding the device in question in his hands. “He... he has a point. Maybe... we should just, um, give it to him?”

“No, Jack,” Jerry replied bravely, moving to stand between Phelps and his colleague. “We can’t just let him take it without a fight! That accelerator represents more than ten years of work! I’m not going to let this guy just walk out of here with it if I can help it! Besides, every alarm in the entire building is going off. If we can just delay him long enough, help will arrive!”

“Ah, so that’s your little scheme, eh?” Phelps said, amused. “Trying to stall until help arrives... in particular, the kind that typically wears long underwear and colorful capes?” He laughed again. “I’ll let you boys in on a little secret. I’ve already beaten the biggest and baddest Supers in this State to a pulp. No one’s coming to help you.” He walked past the two scientists, moving to the vault door. Grabbing a side with each hand, Zero pulled, jerking the door right off the hinges, tearing through the reinforced steel with his bare hands. Dropping the door with a loud thud, he reached inside and retrieved the device.

“Well, gentlemen,” he said with a savage grin, “I’ve got what I came for. I’ll be going now. Guess I’ll be seeing you.” He turned to walk away.

“Hey, wait,” Jack called out, causing him to stop. “Why... why are you doing this? I mean... if you can just rip a vault door off its hinges with your bare hands, why not just... I dunno, rob a bank or something? Why not go after the State Treasury? Why rob a research lab for an esoteric device that’s of no real value to anyone other than another scientist?”

“And who said I wasn’t a scientist?” Phelps challenged, feeling his temper flare. He whirled around, stomping back into the room. “Are you trying to say I’m STUPID just because of the way I look? Are you saying you don’t think I’m SMART enough to use a device like this? Huh? Is THAT what you’re trying to tell me?!?”

“NO! No, um, sir, he’s not saying that at all!” Jerry said, shaking his head wildly. “Neither of us is saying that! Please... you already have the device! Just take it and go!”

Phelps smirked, relishing their fear. “Oh, I intend to. And for what it’s worth, this device isn’t for me... it’s for the man who hired me.” He smirked. “But before I go... maybe I should leave you two with a little ‘reminder’... it’s never good to judge a book by it’s cover. Just because I look like a big, dumb, hulking gargoyle, a big-chested brute, doesn’t necessarily mean I don’t have any brains!” He gestured to both men, sending out twin rays of light. Both men gasped, then collapsed, dropping to the floor, unconscious. “Normally, I’d crush both of you fools for the insult, but I’d rather you both live to learn from your mistake.” Chuckling softly to himself, he walked back out through the hole in the doorway he’d created earlier on the way in...

* * *

“This is the place?” Parker asked, dubiously.

“That’s it, alright,” Wyldcard confirmed. “That’s HQ for all the illegal research being done in this city.” With her costume all but destroyed the night before, she now wore an old ripped Metallica T-shirt over her chest and a pair of faded blue jeans. Aside from her bright red hair, she looked almost like any normal college student.

Of course, looks can sometimes be deceiving, Parker reminded himself, closing his eyes, extending and focusing his hearing towards the town house before them. I can’t forget what she tried to do to us last night, and I can’t let myself get distracted. Gene may trust her now for some strange reason, but that doesn’t mean I intend to let my guard down around her.

“Well, lad, what’s yer radar picking up?” Gene asked softly.

“It’s not radar. If anything, it’s more akin to SONAR. And, what I’m picking up from here is a whole lot of machinery and electronics. It may look like a normal Victorian Brownstone from the outside, but inside it’s definitely a whole lot more.” He opened his eyes again. “I think we’re in the right place.”

“Um, yeah,” Elise replied sullenly, crossing her arms. “I thought I just said that!”

“So. What’s the game plan?” Gene asked, ignoring the comment. “They’re bound to have tight security in there. Veronica is still recovering back at the hospital, and Lacie is...” Gene paused, seeming to have force the word out, “missing... our options are rather limited. Without my armor, I’m not going to be of much help. You’re stealthy enough from your ninja training to make it in, but I hesitate to send you in there, all alone.”

“No choice,” Parker said resigned. “Like you said, we don’t have any other options. Aunt Eva’s been in there far too long as it is. If what our... friend here told us about their brainwashing program is the truth, we might already be too late.” He shuddered slightly. “I’ve had to face my Aunt twice while she was being controlled by someone else, and let me tell you now—it’s NOT pleasant. We need to get to her as soon as possible.”

“And for that, you’re going to need my help,” Wyldcard finished. “Look. I know you don’t trust me yet. I can live with that. Hell... after all the things the Doctor did to my mind, I don’t really trust MYSELF! I can’t promise you that I won’t turn on you if he activates some trigger phrase or something, or flips the circuit breakers in my brain. All I can say is that I’m not one of the bad guys any more. If you want to rescue your Aunt, then I’m the best chance you have of making it to her.”

Parker sighed. “Alright, alright. You have a point. I suppose I HAVE to trust you. Doesn’t mean I have to like it, though.”

Wyldcard closed her eyes, and her body began to darken, her skin and clothing as well turning an inky grey-black. “Okay. Your Aunt is most likely being held in the observation room on the second level, the ‘Behavioral Modification’ section. There are normally two guards monitoring the floor through the wall-mounted cameras lining the hallways, and the door itself requires a keycard and a four digit passcode to open. I can ‘port you in past all of that, to your Aunt, but after that, you’re on your own. I’ll try and clear the way for you as much as possible, and stall the reinforcements... but there are at least two other ‘experimental subjects’ currently there at the facility, so we might have our hands full.” She sighed. “My priority is taking down the Doctor, once and for all. Your priority should be getting your Aunt out of there.”

“Hey, you don’t have to tell me twice.”

“Well, I might not be of much help in a firefight right now,” Gene said, reaching into his shoulder bag, “but I can at least help you out with the security lock outs a wee bit.” He handed Parker what looked like a blank credit card. “It’s a little something I’ve been working on. It scans and interfaces with any electronic sensor array, acting as an all-purpose pass key. You can use it to jam any alarm systems active as well, but I’m afraid it’s only a temporary measure at best. It’ll give you about a two minute window before the alarms reset. Just make sure you’re clear before that happens.”

“Thanks. That should come in handy.” Echo took a deep breath, then stepped towards the redhead. “Okay. Guess this is it. Wyldcard, it’s your show. Take us inside.”

* * *

“Uhhnn... where... am I?”

Dr. Boardman looked up. “Ah! Ms. Mitchell, you’re awake. Good. I was beginning to become concerned.”

Veronica sat up, groaning softly. “Sorry to have worried you doctor. Aside from the fact that my skull feels as though someone parked a semi on top of it, I’m fine.” She shook her head a bit, then winced. “Where is everyone? Did I stop that girl from hurting everyone? And how’s your nephew? Is he alright?”

Alexis sighed. “I’m afraid my nephew has expired. Poor thing. I couldn’t find a way to stabilize him. Whatever those bastards he was involved in did to him, it was beyond my experience and ability. In the end, all I could do is give him something for the pain.” She walked over to the bed, handing the girl a glass of ice water. “As for your friends... they went with that fiery haired girl back to try to rescue another one of your friends, a psychic, I believe.”

Roni frowned. “Dr. Snow? Ah. I was wondering why we hadn’t heard from her in a few days. So she’s caught up in all of this as well.” She blinked. “And... yes, now that I think about it, I almost... remember... or rather, that girl remembers, bringing Eva to her Master as a gift.” She scowled. “Why in the world are they going back there with HER? Why didn’t they simply turn her in to the police?”

“Well, I’m not exactly ‘in the know’ on how you badged Supers work,” Alexis admitted, “but from what I overheard from Eugene questioning the girl, it seems that she, herself, was also something of a victim in all of this. The same people that attempted to mutate my nephew also experimented on her, only in her case, they managed to succeed. They were using her as a living weapon to try and silence Dominic before he could expose them.”

“Yes,” Roni said softly, eye unfocused. “I... remember now. I was... sent to kill him. That was my... HER mission.” She shook her head again. “Damn. I’m still a bit mixed up here. When I pierced her psyche, our minds merged, and I received some of her memories. Usually, it’s clear, and I can view those memories easily, like watching a video feed. This time... everything was so... so... jumbled. So fractured. Her memories and mine got mixed up together, and the trauma knocked me out.”

“Hmmm. I see.” The doctor took her glasses off to clean them. “Well, the others went with that woman back to where your companion is being held. I, of course, advised against it. All of you need to be resting, giving yourselves time to recover from your injuries... but of course, they went anyway.”

Roni grinned. “Yes, well, it’s pretty much part-and-parcel with the whole ‘Hero’ gig. If I’d been awake, I would have gone with them as well, despite my wrist.” She rubbed idly along the bandages. “At any rate, it shouldn’t be too much trouble with the three of them and Wyldcard, even if she does try and pull something underhanded—”

“I’m afraid your numbers are off by one. Mrs. Frasier didn’t go with them. The fact of the matter is... well... she seems to have... disappeared.”

“What? Disappeared?” Veronica slipped out of bed. “What do you mean, she disappeared? Did she just leave? Even injured, I can’t imagine anyone taking Omega Girl without a fight, and since the hospital is still standing, more or less, I can only assume there was no battle.”

Dr. Boardman smirked. “No, dear, there wasn’t any fighting up on the recovery wing. I have three other patients in that wing, and if anyone had caused a ruckus and disturbed their rest, believe you me, Omega Girl would have been the least of their problems! I take my patient’s care very seriously, and I don’t stand for any roughhousing in MY hospital!” She sighed. “That said, I am at something of a loss. The patient in the room next to hers didn’t hear anything, and the monitors recording her vitals showed nothing wrong until a minute past midnight, when they showed nothing at all. The nurse was there in the room in less than a minute, but Mrs. Frasier had vanished. The windows were closed, locked from the inside, and no one passed her in the hallway. She simply... vanished.”

“Strange,” Roni said softly. “So... what does her husband think about all this? I’m surprised he’s not out searching for her now instead of trying to free Parker’s Aunt.”

“Well, he WAS worried, to say the least. As was I! Her physical injuries healed in a matter of hours after being brought in, but of more concern were her emotional injuries. She is deeply concerned about her pregnancy. She’s deathly afraid of something unforeseen happening to her unborn children again, and having a repeat of past four years ago. The simple fact that she was just physically and savagely beaten must be having an impact on her. And while I don’t think she is the type of person to simply run off without at least letting her husband know where she is going under normal circumstances, we have to admit that these are anything BUT normal circumstances.” She placed her glasses back on. “I believe one of the reasons he went to try and help free Parker’s Aunt is to have her help find his wife with her psychic abilities.”

“Yes,” Roni said, sitting back down on her bed, “well, I hope things go well for them. I believe you when you say that this girl, Wyldcard, is as much victim in all of this as your nephew was, probably even moreso. But... she’s really unstable. Having been inside the girl’s mind, I can only hope they aren’t putting too much trust in her...”

* * *

The shadows retreated, leaving two figures standing in the middle of a small room. Parker grunted, slightly dizzy from the trip. “Okay. There she is,” Elise pointed towards the chair in the center of the room with several lengths of optic cable attached. “Give me thirty seconds before you release her to distract the guards on monitor duty. After that, well, you’re on your own.”

“Alright,” Parker agreed, thumbing the small card Gene had given him. “And we’re on the third floor, right?”

“Yes. To get out, go left once you leave this room, go three door down, then left again. Take that stairwell down to the first floor, then go all the way to the right to reach the main entrance. You shouldn’t have any trouble until you make it to the ground floor, but with any luck they’ll be on their way back up to help their boss to bother you.” She grinned evilly. “You’ll need that gizmo your friend gave you to unlock the front door. After that, you’re free and clear.”

“Sounds good. But what about you? How are you getting out?”

“Don’t worry about me,” Wyldcard said, wrapping herself in shadows once more. “I can take care of myself.”

Parker sighed deeply. “Yeah. That’s what worries me.”

Outside, in the hallway, the two sentries looked up in surprise as the lights on the ceiling flickered, then went out. Seconds later, the hall grew preternaturally dark. Before they could do more than gasp in surprise, two pairs of hands grabbed them both from behind, wrapping them up in tendrils of shadow. “Shhhh, don’t fight it,” a soft voice seemed to whisper from all directions at once, “just relax... relax...” Both guards sighed softly as their strength drained away, and they slipped into a nice relaxing stupor. By the time the shadows retreated, both guards were completely unconscious.

There. Two down, Elise thought to herself as she sank bank into the fading shadows, and one very bad man to go.

Back inside the room, Parker stood, momentarily stunned by the sight of his aunt. He’d seen her naked before, twice, and both times he’d been overwhelmed by beauty and wanton sexual allure. His manhood responded as before, which caused him no level of shame and confusion at his reaction to his own Aunt, made worse by the fact that she was the twin sister of his mother! Ah, shit. I’m going to hell in a hand basket if this keeps up. Okay, Parker, okay, you can do this. Just... um... think of baseball. Yeah. Baseball. Colorado Rockies taking on the Dodgers, best out of seven series... uggh. Great. Now I’m embarrassed AND pissed off! Sighing, he turned to the task of freeing her from the chair, trying to ignore the passionate moans and undulations she continued to make.

A blinking red light grabbed Dr. MacDonald’s attention, and he let out a cry of alarm as he saw his prize subject being released. “What the hell?” he yelled, moving over to the wall mounted alarm. “What the hell is going on out there?” He hit the switch. “Security! What the FUCK am I paying you for? We have an intruder on the third floor interrogation room! Get your sorry asses in there, now, before I have the whole lot of you reassigned as test subjects for the Chimera Project!”

“Sorry, Doctor,” Wyldcard purred, stepping into view. “I’m afraid security is all tied up at the moment.”

MacDonald’s eyes narrowed. “You. I should have known. Nice costume, by the way, an actual improvement over your other one. I thought you were acting a bit unusual when you left last night.” He gestured to the monitor. “I can only assume that black clad individual is with you?”

Elise rolled her eyes. “He’s not ‘WITH ME’. Yeah, I brought him here, but it’s not like we’re going steady or anything. He’s just a guy I happen to know, okay?” She smirked. “And you, Doc. You seem pretty calm and composed, considering the fact that you’re up here, all alone, without backup, facing one really pissed-off, super-powered bitch looking for payback for all the SHIT you put her through.”

MacDonald merely shrugged. “My dear, you have a lot to learn. If I really thought there was even the slightest chance you could harm me, you never would have made it across the threshold.”

“Nice bluff,” Elise said hotly, stomping her way across the room, glaring at the old man, face to face. “I’ve broken your hold over me, Doctor! Now, I’m gonna break something else! My only problem is deciding where to start, with your legs, or your neck!”

The doctor merely sighed. “I see you need some convincing. I would point out the fact that, although you seem very eager to attack me, to do be grievous bodily harm, and all that, you have YET to actually attack me. What are you waiting for, hmm?” he asked, smirking, walking back to his desk. He sat down. “Because that’s EXACTLY what you’re doing, child. You’re waiting for me to say something... something very special, very specific.” Elise gasped, suddenly realizing the truth of his words. “You only THINK you’re free of my control! I took the added precaution of having your programming layered, just in case you missed a reinforcement session. Even if you manage to overcome one level and regain some semblance of normalcy, there’s enough of mental conditioning floating around inside your head to keep you from acting on those violent impulses of yours without my approval.”

“You... you fucking bastard!” Elise screamed in impotent rage. Her hands clenched and unclenched, glowing brightly with power, just waiting to be released, but try as she might, she couldn’t strike. Her body simply would not obey her wishes. It was as if there was a wall of glass inside her mind, transparent, virtually unnoticeable, until now, now that it was preventing her thoughts from reaching her body, leaving her unable to follow through. The Doctor’s laughter only made it worse.

“I think you have finally outgrown your usefulness, my dear,” MacDonald stated. “True, you’ve been helpful in obtaining those genetic samples I needed, as well as taking care of the occasional nuisance now and again. But, frankly, the upkeep on you is more trouble than you’re worth. I have your complete genetic profile documented and stored, so, really, there’s no more reason to keep you around. I guess it’s about time I spoke the words you’re waiting so desperately to hear.” He smirked, leaning forward on his desk. “ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!” he said in a clear and concise voice.

Wyldcard shuddered slightly, as strange sensation washing over her. “Awaiting your command, Master,” she replied in a dull flat tone.

“Good. Very good. My dear, there’s a special little protocol buried deep inside your subconscious mind, a very special command that you have ignored until now, but which you will ignore no longer. Heed my voice, and obey that command! It is time to kill, my dear... and you are the target!”

“I... must... kill...” Wyldcard whispered softly, as her glowing hands slowly rose from her sides. “Must... obey... must... must... kk... kill..” she uttered, struggling now, trying to resist. Sweat began to drip from her face, and her eyes closed tightly, teeth gritted, as she placed her hands gently against the sides of her head. “Must... obey.. must... kill... must... mmmmmmuuusssttt...” she groaned loudly, her hands starting to shake.

“Yes! Do it,” the Doctor crowed with smug satisfaction. “Do it now! Obey!”

Elise froze for an instant, holding her breath. Then... she let out the breath, relaxing slightly, as her hands lost their bright glow, slipping back down to her sides. She opened her eyes, which focused, and gazed down at the doctor. A smirk curled her lips. “Sorry, Doc,” she said, slightly winded, “but I don’t take requests.” Her body began to shimmer slightly, changing to its crystalline form.

“What? What’s going on here?” MacDonald asked, suddenly afraid. He stood up from his desk, taking a step back. “I told you to kill yourself! You have no choice but to obey! You... you CAN’T be resisting!”

“Oh... but I am,” Elise managed, pointing at the floor. A thick sheet of crystals sprang up around MacDonald’s feet, imprisoning him. “It’s kind of strange really. I can... feel it. In here,” she said, tapping the side of her head. “The need... the desire to obey you... to do what you want me to do, to please you, even if it means killing myself. And for a moment there, I thought I was going to do it. I WOULD have done it... but there was something... missing.” She shook her head, creating a tinkling sound akin to wind chimes. “I don’t know if there was something missing from your programming... if it was the fact that I never DID get the full spiel you prepared for me that very first day, or it that ninja girl’s psychic attack knocked something loose... but at the last instant, it was like your voice just... faded out. I could think. I could hear my OWN thoughts again. I remembered who I was, and what I had come here to do.” She gestured with her hands, and the crystals around his feet began to grow, covering him up to his thighs.

“Wait! Stop!” the Doctor sputtered, frantically trying to pull his legs free. “Let’s talk about this! I can... I can help you! I’ll undo everything, remove all the programming from your head! Your mind will be your own again!”

“Not good enough,” Wyldcard said, gesturing again, causing the crystals to surge upwards again, this time covering him up to his waist. “Actually, Doc, there’s nothing you have that I want. But, I do enjoy making you grovel and beg for your worthless pathetic little life!” She clenched her hand tightly, and the crystals surged forth once more, stopping just below MacDonald’s chin.

Outside, the sounds of shouting and laser fire sounded. The Doctor, who had been close to panic, suddenly smiled, and laughed. “Do you hear that sound, girl? That’s backup, dealing with your partner, and making their way here to rescue me! In case you’ve forgotten, you’re not the only genetic construct I’ve empowered at this facility. Two of my newest subjects have just finished being processed, and were released the moment the alarm sounded! They’re probably on their way here right now! If you’re smart, you’ll take this chance to flee, to run away and not look back. Rest assured, if anything happens to me, they’ve been tasked with tracking down and eliminating my killer.” He laughed. “If you leave now, I’ll consider NOT sending them after you.”

“Heh. Maybe I’ll just kill you now, and take my chances with your two new lackeys,” Wyldcard countered. A knock sounded at the door to the lab, followed by loud pounding. “If nothing else, I’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that I’ve stopped your evil plans. No more innocent people will have to go through the same thing you put me through! Your inhumane research will die with you!”

“Ah, but there you’re wrong,” MacDonald replied. “As a precaution, I had a failsafe data transfer system installed. When I first sat down at my desk, I activated the system, just in case something unforeseen happened. By now, a copy of all of my data has been sent to our main base, in Washington, DC. I’m sure by now Dr. Frasier has also received the genetic samples from the lovely blonde psychic you captured for me last night. I had them shipped last night after you left. So you see, even without me, my work will continue, and they’ll be plenty more naive little girls just like you to help make it possible!”

The door finally opened, knocked in off its hinges. Parker swept into the room, holding a confiscated particle weapon at the ready. “Hey! Are you about done in here?” he asked, glancing back down the hallway. “When you didn’t come out after a while, I got worried.” He glanced at the Doctor, encased in crystal, and shrugged. “But I guess I didn’t need to. You did said you could take care of yourself, after all.” He moved to the side as another laser blast sounded just down the hall. “Come on. We need to get out of here. There’s like an entire regiment of guards in this place, and they’ll be here any second. We’re out of time.”

“Don’t worry,” Elise said in a soft calm voice, forming a long thin crystal shard in her hands. “This won’t take but a second.” With a thought, the shard flew from her hands, embedding itself in the Doctor’s left eye. The old man uttered a strangled cry, shuddered slightly, then went still.

“SHIT!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?” Parker exploded, running to the elderly man. “You... you killed him?” He growled, hands going to fists. “We needed him! Goddammit, we had a DEAL! No killing!” He grabbed her by the collar of her shirt. “The good guys DO NOT KILL people!”

Wyldcard gave him a cold look, then pulled gently from his grasp. “I only said I wasn’t one of the bad guys. I never claimed to be one of the good guys.” With that, she conjured a shadow, slipped inside, and left the room, leaving an angry and confused Parker behind.