The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Vengeance, Thy Name Is

Chapter 4 — The Road Trip

Claudia climbed up into her bunk. The emptiness of the barracks made her realize how dangerous the whole operation was and question what she had gotten herself into, but she erased that thought the moment she looked at the picture of Wanda and her mile wide grin, so proud at the success she had brought to her family. That was enough to make Claudia relax and know that she was doing the right thing. She was ready for anything, and the thought of that was enough to steady her. She stretched out and prepared for a well-earned night’s sleep when a voice broke into her reverie.

“Claudia, are you going to sleep? Please don’t. If you don’t mind. My head’s still spinning, and I’m afraid I’ll lose it if I fall asleep. It’ll go away. Not the first time I’ve felt like this, but the first time with only one other person to talk to. I know you won’t... you won’t judge me,” Gianna said, and the unevenness in her voice told Claudia how afraid she was.

“Sure. It’ll keep Anna from setting some trap for us, anyway. So what’s on your mind? Besides wanting to jump the first person you see? That I really can’t help you with,” Claudia said with a chuckle.

Gianna rolled her eyes. “Very funny! You know, you resist very well for someone who never came face to face with those devils.”

“Well, I had a run-in with their subliminals. Wanda, or whatever she became, tried to make us forget her with some coded home movies. They were nicely done, real professional, but it’s hard to forget your family. It didn’t work all that well, and I was only out long enough for her to leave. Other than that, you’re right. My family seems to have been involved with this for a long time, so maybe it’s a hereditary thing. I never really knew my grandpa or Uncle Bill. I don’t know, it’s just... I feel like I’ve seen it all before, and I don’t know why. But, man, that vampire dude? With the eyes? I was blind! If he’d taken his glasses all the way off- if he hadn’t been surprised enough not to keep his eyes on me, I would have been naked in seconds. He broke his gaze. I’d have been in the pink room otherwise. He almost had my shirt off and my pussy was- I didn’t do any better than you did, believe me.”

“That makes me feel a little better. I don’t remember a lot, I just knew I didn’t want to be dressed as a whore again. I... I shut down. I was out, but so far out that I couldn’t be commanded. I remember Lucy sending me to fantasy land, and I think I had the boobie bird next, but I was pretty dazed. That was the toughest drill I’ve ever been in. I slipped on movie night, but movie night is more about endurance than strength. The difference is seconds between being a bimbo, a popcorn girl, and a survivor. You have to be ready at every second,” Gianna with a smile that concealed her sadness.

“I have no idea how you keep your cool. If they took my mom, I’d be on a boat attempting genocide right about now,” Claudia said to break the moment.

“I spent my teenage years doing that. I was fifteen when they took her, and with some of those in Europe, that’s no protection,” Gianna explained.

Claudia’s face twisted with horror. “I knew the Russians were ruthless, but- maybe I should ask for my first assignment to be in Moscow. That’s some fucked up shit,” she said, trying not to vomit.

“Tell me about it. The Russians just don’t care. You and I are different from the others. Their experiences are all with American controllers, and the Americans have rules- their own arbitrary rules, but rules nonetheless. They don’t like to take anyone under eighteen, they don’t like incest, they don’t take mothers from their children. Even the worst of the worst follow some of these rules. Even the Japanese have a code- they don’t take their own, they don’t get Kyoto involved, there’s no violent kidnapping- that last one is even in their constitution, you know. They have no rules in Russia except the laws of physics. To them, control is a part of life, and has been since the czars. Even today. They say mental conditioning is part of their military training- they have no fear because it’s taken from them in boot camp. So they don’t care about subjecting anyone to anything.”

“How’s that different from Japan? I read the OSS notes. It’s the national pastime there! They have a daily show, thirty-six teams in three divisions, with titles and everything- of course, that’s just to show off their top guns, they sell the rest of the girls-”

“That’s just it. In Europe it’s a hunt, in America it’s a trade, in Japan it’s a sport- and in Russia, it’s an open market. It’s like your old Wild West. There are two classes of people in Russia, controllers and the controlled, no middle ground. Which brings us back to my mother. I’m fifteen and starting high school, and some Russian sees me walking home with my friends. That night my mother calls me down late. I see the Russian there with a glitter egg, and my mother mechanically tells me I’ve been sold, so I have to join the nice man at the table. I run the other way, but there are my friends, Marcella and Francesca, blocking the door like zombies. The man speaks Italian with a heavy accent, and I don’t remember much after that because I’m losing to the egg. Gunfire wakes me up. My father has gone for help, and the carbonari does not take foreign controllers lightly. My dad takes me into the car, but the Russians have backup, and it’s an ugly fight. My friends are able to wake up, but the Russians grab my mother as a shield and take her back as a trophy,” Gianna said, near tears.

“And you lived through that for what, ten years?” Claudia asked, having heard way too much and wanting to get to sleep.

“Yes and no. My father and I dedicate ourselves after this. My father turns to the Cossa Nostra and works for them as a street vigilante. He doesn’t want any more beauties to die like my mother did. We give her a proper Catholic funeral and claim she died in the gunfire. The carbonari hide the case as a mob war, but keep the file open just in case one of them finds out more and we can do something about it. For five years, I am a belladonna girl. I dress as a tourist, or a whore, or someone who didn’t wear a long enough skirt. Men are stupid enough to try. I play into their device and wait while my father is there with his rifle. But the law has to take care of him, and I run to America to avoid the law. Murder is still murder, and in our trap we kill at least forty controllers from around the world. Some are Gypsies with their pendants, and some are foreigners, and some are overly charming Italian men. I see it all, and it’s the only way I stay sane through my teenage years.”

“Shit, you’re a professional already. So the mob here loved your craft?”

“No, in the US it’s the opposite. They don’t know what the Cossa Nostra is. The Mafia here loves control. They bring in all their strippers, their whores, all the women my father tries to protect back home, through control. They have controllers on their rolls. They take pretty wives and daughters as payment for gambling debts and loans. They want to teach me the trade, make me into a madam. I won’t have it. I rat them out. Witness protection wants to send me back to Italy, but someone has a better idea. I’ve been here the longest. They almost don’t want me here. Because of my father, my first reaction is always to give in, let him think he had won. I always thought papa would protect me. Now, I am alone. It takes me a long time to learn to escape, but I learn to fight instead of play dead.”

“I... I don’t know what to say. Years in the trade and you still need to learn things? Man...” Claudia sighed and laid back down, once again wondering what she had gotten herself into.

“Don’t worry. I may not be so good with resistance, but I know every tactic out there, old and new. I don’t have to recognize something to know that it’s bad news. I won’t let anyone here get fooled,” Gianna said reassuringly, drifting off with a smile on her face.

Claudia was not so lucky, and she passed most of the night tossing and turning sleeplessly.

The sound of breaking glass awoke Gianna and Claudia with a start. “Nice job finding this fetish shit in my size, but like fuck was I walking home in these! Never fucking again, I don’t care what kind of tits you throw at me!” Rhonda bellowed as she threw the other shoe through the hole in the window before kicking in the door with a snarl.

“Okay then. Maybe they should have tried dominatrix instead for Rhonda,” Claudia suggested in an undertone.

Gianna’s giggle gave the game away, and Rhonda turned a glare that would have put any vampire to shame on the two of them. “Oh, so newbie thinks she’s special because she can outwit a vampire, does she? That fucker was washed up trash. You’re good, kid, but you ain’t that good. Nobody’s that good. And Gianna here just didn’t want to end up in bimbo world twice in a row, no matter how well she fits in there. Wop cheats anyway. She’ll turn to stone on the outside and let her head melt right away so they don’t think she gave in when they had her at hello. Well, newsflash- we ain’t your daddy and I ain’t wasting bullets,” she said with a sneer and such venom in her voice that Gianna looked ready to cry.

“Wilson! If you like the pink pants and that darling Hello Kitty sweater this much, since you’re too busy insulting your comrades to take them off, I can make sure you keep them on all day, until the next time someone might want to take your pants off. With such a charming personality as you’re showing, I don’t want to consider when that next time might be!” Anna snapped, intervening before violence could occur. “It would appear that we’ve got a cranky one on our hands. Some people are like that when they wake up.”

“Whoa! Two-thirty! We slept that long?” Claudia finally asked when she noticed the clock.

“Taking on that level of control takes a lot out of you. I wouldn’t expect the others back today. That was the toughest stuff we subject anyone at your level to. You’re all strong, even the cheerleader,” Anna explained.

Anna’s estimate was slightly off. It took until dinner for Cynthia and Cheryl to return. “Holy shit, that was intense,” Cheryl said, stumbling back in and clinging to the door frame for dear life.

“The controllers or the Barbie dolls? Shit, all I got out of this was a pair of sore feet and a couple of half-hearted lickings. I shoulda played dead and gotten a little better pussy out of it,” Rhonda said. Her playful leer was met with a less playful slap.

“Cheerleader hasn’t made it out? Well, that’s her kind in there. Giggle, giggle, giggle,” Anna said with a sneer.

“Um, she left with us. She woke us up. She just refused to take the train with the purses we found. Said the way home was to walk and hitchhike. That it was part of the drill,” Cynthia said slowly, as if not sure of Anna’s intelligence any longer.

“Well, ain’t that a bitch. I’da known that, I might have left that as a standing order for you,” Anna said, trying not to sound impressed and failing miserably.

Brenna made her arrival an hour later, hair out of line and fury radiating from every inch of her body. “I made it back. I hitchhiked. I walked. I damn near tore my ACL trying to stand in these things. So, Sarge, now do you get how dedicated I am to the mission, or do I need to pull out my gun to make a point?” she snapped with fire in her eyes.

“At ease! You’ve made your point, Brenna,” Anna said, trying to keep the proper distance in her words, but unable to keep her admiration off her face.

“Good,” Brenna said, shouldering Cheryl aside as she went to the shower.

“Shiiiiiiiit. She’s done this before. She knows that ‘hitchhiking’ is standing in the parking lot of HQ and telling the first asshole you see with a car what you learned from the ordeal, and if you could handle the jokes, they’d take you straight back,” Rhonda said.

“Yeah, and I remember seeing her do it the usual way one time. I think Claudia here got her in a twist. Not you personally, Claudia, but the way you come from past lineage. You know she likes a challenge, and when she snaps, boy does she snap,” Cynthia noted.

“I guess sometimes you should just go with dance team member, I guess,” Cheryl added thoughtfully.

“I wouldn’t recommend sitting up and psychoanalyzing your teammates all night. You’ll need to be ready tomorrow,” Anna said sternly as she left for the night.

“So did you earn her respect? Or did you make her disrespect everyone?” Cheryl asked Brenna.

“I don’t know. I don’t think she knows. Doesn’t mean I care either way,” Brenna replied with a slight smile.

“Fair enough. And I don’t think she can get us killed in the next couple of days. We mostly do workouts on the weekends, and I doubt they can do much worse than bringing in naturals without killing us,” Cheryl replied.

“And that would stop them? We are talking about people who would take bullets to prevent a control attack!” Gianna pointed out.

“Yeah, but an agent who takes a bullet is one who doesn’t work on the next mission,” Cheryl countered.

“Besides, the way we’re shaping up, you never know. She might decide to ship us out. When will we know?” Claudia asked.

“Don’t know. I’ve heard it’s when everyone is ready. We’ve gone through a few fearless leaders at this level, and just ‘cause you come in ahead of the curve, that don’t mean you’re ready yet.”

“Be fair, Cheryl and Cynthia have also only been here less than two weeks,” Gianna pointed out.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” Rhonda said. “Goddamn, Cheryl, if you’re going to shake out the sheets, do it at the cheerleader! I don’t want your voodoo powder!”

“Turn down your headphones, then,” Cheryl shot back, and as the team inspected their bunks for traps, they bantered back and forth before going to bed.

“ROAD TRIP!” Anna yelled.

Brenna cracked an eye open and looked at the clock. “4:57. This better be good,” she complained with a yawn and stretch.

“If this is some kind of new conditioning technique, I’m gong back to bed,” Claudia declared.

“We got front row tickets to the game today at Poughkeepsie. Now, if you don’t want to get a look at a rabid cult in person, I’m sure Rhonda will forgive you for making her miss a visit by Northern State.”

“Hot damn! I’m there!” Rhonda proclaimed, leaping out of bed and towards her trunk in one movement.

“We’ll need to get there early so we can beat the rush out of the Northern State hotel. Now, they’re pretty calm as far as these groups go, but it’s a good opportunity to look at what we’re up against. Besides, it’s not what they do, it’s- but I’ll let you figure that out when we get there. Observation only, since we’re not going to Minnesota.”

“Does that mean I can’t pants Miss Vickie P?” Rhonda asked with a smirk.

“Why bother? She likes them that way,” Cheryl replied.

“And what does a nice girl like you know about Northern State jocks?” Rhonda said with a belly laugh.

“My brother got an offer there. Ended up deciding to take care of his own girls first. Don’t know where he is, don’t care,” Cheryl said, anger rising steadily in her voice.

Cynthia leaned over to Claudia and explained, “Never ask Cheryl about Reggie. Trust me on this one.”

“I kinda noticed,” Claudia replied in the same undertone.

Anna interrupted with a sharp clap of her hands. “Enough nattering! I’ll be loading all of you in the van at seven-thirty sharp! How dressed you and what condition you’re in will be completely dependent on how fast you get your asses in gear!”

The game was at two, and the clock hanging in the center of the lobby said it was just past eight-thirty as the unit worked their way through the lobby, but the place was already loaded with red and blue, a veritable horde of fans having breakfast and chattering excitedly as they waited for their Bulldogs to emerge. The hotel looked more like a campus or a dorm than a neutral site. “So do they even believe in sleep?” Claudia asked.

“Not on game day,” Rhonda replied with a smile.

Claudia considered this for a minute, then took a second look at the crowd. All of them were staring straight at the bank of elevators, waiting for their goddesses to emerge from the top floor penthouse. “Wouldn’t call any of them dead enough to need our services, but do they have a crush on their team or what?”

“That’s just the simple stuff- charming cheerleaders, extra autographs, subliminals in the arena music. It’s all pretty much standard equipment now for DI. But wait ‘til you get a look at their players. Remember, I was in Michigan for a while. I seen them. You gotta see it to believe it,” Brenna said with a grin. Claudia raised an eyebrow at her while moving up to avoid the barking rush- and to step on the hand of the guy who tried to grab her ass.

“Stay together!” Anna warned as the crowd surged closer to the elevator.

“Well, hey! Wow, a lot of you made it out here for the game today! Thank you for the support. You just go to show that everything’s great at Northern State.” The trigger phrase from the coach restored some semblance of order, although Claudia was more concerned about getting away from the guys with body paint before she ruined a perfectly good shirt.

“Think if you taught them carnival games they’d do well in Japan?” Claudia asked in repulsed fury as she saw the line of empty-eyed players who’d obviously had each other for breakfast. At Anna’s nod, she got out a notebook and joined the throng of autograph seekers. The cute little bench warmer still looked quite flushed as she signed her autographs with Bible quotes. “At least there’s nothing racist in the Song of Solomon, but...”

“Don’t mind Zoom Zoom Zelda, she’s still learning that she’s more popular than Jesus Christ and fifty times more hot!” one of the screaming fratboys shouted with a leer over the rail and an attempt to get a close up picture of Zelda’s ass.

“I will never complain about Britney fans again... I will never complain about Britney fans again...” Claudia repeated under her breath as a mantra to protect herself from slapping the sense back into some people.

“No wonder they’re horny, they had to leave the cheerleaders home. Think I should ask my sister to drop by? Nahhh, they ain’t worth it,” Brenna said sarcastically.

“Hey, you go to Northern State? Man, you would look gooood in a short skirt,” a heavy-set man with no shirt on his red and blue painted chest said with a leer.

“Flunked the fat bastard test,” Brenna replied breezily. Only Claudia could see the steel in her eyes starting to light sparks. Fortunately for the team’s cover, the top players chose that moment to exit the elevator and Claudia could pull Brenna out of the developing riot.

“Shit, I’d hate to see what they do for football,” Claudia said, slightly out of breath.

“Which one? They make the British blush when it comes to soccer,” Cynthia replied.

“Our football,” Claudia replied, staying back as the crush came as close as they could to the two stars.

“They’re totally eating each other out!” Rhonda announced, sticking her tongue out.

“Such language! Why I would be surprised from someone like you, though... I’ll have you know that Kereee-L is dating Long Arm Law from the baseball team and Miss Vickie P is dating the star striker for our men’s soccer team,” an elderly gentleman in a Cat in the Hat style hat admonished Rhonda.

Rhonda restrained her chuckle until he had turned away. “Part of the system,” she explained to the team.

“Let me guess, the team loves each other for unity and loves men for the press?” Claudia asked.

“Something like that,” Rhonda said, smirking as she ogled Miss Vickie P’s ass as the Bulldogs boarded the bus.

“Well, that was interesting, but what are we going to do until twelve?” Gianna asked.

“Get real food and go over what we saw,” Anna explained, leading them to the van. Once everyone was seated, she said, “I’m glad to see all of you so concerned about such a low-rate waste of our time.”