The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Ventriloquism

mc, mf, gr, la

Commissioned by Mike Lee

Comments welcome at

“Hey, babe! Look what I picked up at the antique store this weekend!” said Marvin as he entered his large country home.

“What?” chirped Cherry. Her voice feigned interest, but aside from rolling her eyes she didn’t look up from her magazine despite the arrival of her fiance.

The older man swung what looked like a giant doll off from over his shoulder. “Guy said it was from Japan. Got a great deal on it! Hee hee!” he beamed.

“I still can’t believe people collect dolls.” said Cherry, more to her tabloid than Marvin.

“He, he. Yeah, people collect weird things, alright. And I’ve learned to profit from that, ha!” Marvin chuckled as he brought his new purchase into the room. “But this isn’t a doll, it’s a ventriloquist dummy!”

“What?” Cherry did turn to look now. She was hoping to see one of Jeff Dunham’s works, but her hopes were dashed as she gazed upon what looked like a crashtestdummy reject with hair and a hat. “I don’t recognize that.”

“He, he, I told you it was from Japan! I know you don’t like my cartoons. What? Were you expecting some redneck idolized skeleton? No, no, no! I aim to make a profit! There’s no sense wasting money on a fad that’s already found a home in Dane Cook’s graveyard! What, you don’t think I keep up with what’s trendy? Now if I could find a genuine Totte, maybe I’d fork over a bit more than it might seem to be worth…”

“Totte?”

“Totte. From Zillah & Totte? Oh that’s right, not American. You’d consider it ‘childish’ I’m sure. But it’s Swedish and that chimp is brilliant! He, he!” Cherry rolled her eyes again and went back to her magazine.

Marvin didn’t notice and continued to babble on. “Now this guy, he’s no Charlie McCarthy, no, no, no. Think an unlicensed Charlie McCarthy rip off! That’s where the money is. Not that Charlie McCarthy isn’t worth pretty penny, but you couldn’t really make a profit. I mean, everyone knows who Charlie McCarthy is! Money, money, money—that’s what I’m in it for, he, he, he.”

Cherry looked at him and the ugly puppet. That last statement rang true for her as well. She frowned at the dummy then rolled her eyes as the geezer went on talking mostly to himself.

“This, this! See here! The scar is on the wrong cheek! The pants are the wrong shade of blue. The band on the hat is even tied backward! But it is a genuine strawhat, and for that I give them kudos! He, he!” The old man laughed and removed the hat showing the puppets stringy black hair before ranting on again. “Still it makes him look more like a farmhand than a pirate! But I guess that’s why he’s wearing a vest and not coveralls! He, he!”

“But here’s the best part, Cherry, even you would like this!” He sat the puppet in front of the large flatscreen. Cherry scowled as it blocked her view of E. Not that she was watching, but now she couldn’t. She then gasped as her soon-to-be husband removed the pants from the puppet.

“He, he! Look at this!” he said exposing the puppet’s crotch. There proudly stood a rigid penis, only disproportionately large compared to the size of the puppet. How it had remained hidden under the puppets trousers was a mystery.

Cherry stuck her tongue out “Gross! I can’t believe you’d bring something like that into my home!” She knew it wasn’t really her house yet, but it was best to embed the idea into his head early on if things didn’t work out.

“He, he! See that got even your attention! He, he!” He laughed again putting the dummy’s pants back on. How did he have so much exuberance about everything all the time?

She glanced at the exposed chest of the dummy through its open vest. It looked horribly fake compared to it’s member down below. Why spend so much detail on something that was meant to be covered up?

“Here feel its hand!” Marvin said bringing the puppet up to her and offering her its right hand. She fought a grimace. Never let him see you not liking, or at least not trying to like his interests. In for the penny, in for the pound—only a few more weeks until the marriage, and then all his money would be hers—don’t screw up now!

She took a breath, gathered herself, and pretended to shake its hand. It felt more rubbery than she had expected. It had a familiar texture that she couldn’t quite place. She was trying to recall what the dummy’s hand felt like when she noticed that Marvin had been pulling the puppet and was now several feet away from her. She let go of the hand and the puppet’s arm returned to its normal length with an audible snap.

Strech armstrong. It felt like stretch armstrong. She shuddered, that toy had always creeped her out, and now this farm boy puppet did, too. At least it had a different creepy grin.

“He, he, he! Neat, huh? And look! No stretch marks like those toys from the nineties! Very good make this! Oh, I’m going to make so much money!” he chortled.

Well, at least that was a relief. Marvin making money translated to Cherry making money. “That’s why I’m marrying you!” She beamed. She got up and gave him a genuine kiss on the forehead.

Marvin glowed red at the kiss. He was a smart man, he knew Cherry was a gold digger. But she was an honest gold digger, or at least honest enough to admit that she was one. He liked that about Cherry Leong. Marvin knew his own days were numbered. He wasn’t much past fifty, but he had a terminal condition. And he wanted to live every day like it was his last. Even if that meant forgoing sex until the night of the wedding, or earlier if Cherry so deemed it. It was in the pre-nup and he was an honorable man.

“Hee, hee! I love that! You’d better believe I’m going to keep doing that up until the end so long as you keep doing that in response! He, he, he!”

She winked at him then went back to reading. The older man wasn’t unattractive, despite being a little portly and balding. But he was a very, very kind man. That was what had drawn Cherry to him in the first place. Wealth and kindness seldom went together, and the rare times that they did meet up errant philanthropy ended up draining all of the assets.

Though still charitable, Marvin was smart with his investments. Cherry took some pride in that, knowing he was, in fact, investing his estate in her. Certainly Cherry was investing her time and assets in him. She’d already devoted a year and a half to the salesman just to move in. It had taken another six months getting him to pop the question. Now she just had to endure him a little while longer before everything paid off for both of them.

She looked over as Marvin continued playing with the doll and talking to himself about it. Why couldn’t he be on bedrest? At least his portfolio is continuing to grow because his health hadn’t failed yet, but according to the doctors he should have been dead two years ago. And still, by looking at him he was fit as a fiddle.

Man had a lot of passion. Cherry sighed, she was in it just for the money—she had to keep telling herself that. But it was hard not to grow attached after years of commitment. If only he could tone down his exuberance!

“Hey, Cherry” she looked up, Marvin had the dummy on his knee and was playing with the controls in the back.

“What do you call a cow with no legs?” he tried saying through still lips.

“What?”

“Ground beef!” he tried, and failed, at throwing his voice. That didn’t stop Marvin from gleefully laughing at his own joke before picking up the dummy and putting in his ‘showroom’.

She faked a few laughs and watched as he left the room. Four more weeks, she thought, shaking her head.

* * *

Cherry rolled over, drawing in the blankets around her. She couldn’t hear Marvin snoring in the other room. How the silence had woken her up she’d never know. She actually enjoyed the quiet while Marvin was out on business trips. But when he was in the next room, and she couldn’t hear the rumbling of his nasal passageways, it always made her fret that he might have passed on too soon.

She sighed. That was perhaps the only downside of sleeping in different rooms—at least she could easily look over, poke him and make sure he was still breathing then go back to sleep with a peace of mind. But the snoring kept her up as much as its absence did now.

She sat up and went to get her nightgown. She knew she could swiftly poke her head in and check on him without waking him. She also knew that it would likely start him snoring again furthering her lack of sleep. Better than not knowing...

Poking her head in the room she was able to see the heavy rise and fall of the blankets around the her soon-to-be husband’s barrel chest. Comforted she slipped out of the room and went down the long hallway into the country home’s entertaining area where she usually spent her sleepless nights watching tv.

She wondered what it would be like actually sharing a room with him. He’d been a gentleman ever since she’d known him. And though they’d had romantic evenings, he really was a sweetheart, he’d always escort her to her door refusing to be let in. Even when he was just a room over. She knew after the wedding that she would be sharing a room with him—though it would be possible to have separate beds given his absurd wealth.

The ‘showroom’ was open and Marvin’s newly acquired purchase scared the crap out of her as she walked by. She’d forgotten about the damn thing and the humanoid shape peeking through the dark was more than a little eerie.

She turned the light on to calm her nerves and looked over the the various odds and ends that Marvin had picked up in his trade, waiting to find new buyers. The giant doll stuck out as juvenile compared to many of the other antiques, excepting a few LEGO sets. That didn’t mean they were worth any less than the rest of them, though. Cherry had learned long ago that Marvin’s eye for value was seldom wrong.

Cherry hadn’t really noticed the realism of the ventriloquist dummy when Marvin had been showing it to her. She still wasn’t terribly interested in it, but it had startled her and it still being the middle of the night it was likely more interesting than anything she might find on tv. The way the puppet sat, without being upon a knee, gave it a more lifelike presence. Maybe Marvin was an amateur at operating puppets, but he was a pro at staging merchandise. Cherry knew to be careful about setting things exactly as they were if she touched any of Marvin’s purchases.

As she drew closer it seemed as if the puppets eyes were following her. Stupid thing had already spooked her once, it wasn’t going to do it again now that the light was on. Its vest was very nicely made, fine enough to be something she’d wear. She smiled, it might be just about her size in fact.

The vest was slightly more coarse to the touch than it looked, so Cherry didn’t bother to take it off of the dummy. Though she did move it around just enough to peek into the dummy’s control mechanisms. Just a few knobs and scroll wheels for the eyes and what looked like a gripper for the mouth.

Her curiosity sated, Cherry went about putting the puppet back as it sat before she had begun messing with it. She gave it a quick look over to make sure it was set right to the best of her memory when she noticed the bulge coming from its pants.

How she hadn’t noticed it while she was setting it up was puzzling. And now that she noticed it, it made the puppet seem less lifelike than when she’d entered the room. Maybe she’d tripped a lever, or something, to make it go off. Whatever the case, she went back to the puppet and pulled up its vest and started to play with the controls trying to set the puppet right again.

There was an independent scroll wheel for each eye and pupil. And separate knobs to control the eyebrows. The thing was starting to creep her out as the eyes did unnatural things while she played with the controls. The gripper just opened and closed the mouth. There weren’t any other buttons or levers that she could find so Cherry just pulled the vest down, restaged the dummy and took a step back to eye it over again.

The bulge in the things pants seemed even more prominent. Crap. How the hell did that happen? She hoped she could fix it before Marvin noticed. She went straight for the source and pulled down the blue cotton shorts revealing the dummy’s package. It was bigger than she remembered, much bigger. She looked it up and down trying to find a release mechanism or catch.

She wasn’t entirely sure what was holding the thing so rigid. Cherry squeezed it in a few places. It had the same spongy rubber feel the rest of the body had save the control panel. She could swear that she felt the thing pulse as she kept squeezing it trying to find the mechanism to turn it off and let it shrink back to normal. She kept at it for a minute before she realized she was only making the thing bigger. Was it pump action? Maybe it was heat sensitive? That must have been it, one of those two. Whatever she’d been doing had just been making the puppet’s member grow to obscene proportions.

Cherry felt her pulse quicken, then she immediately dropped the puppet’s member. She took a step back and told herself to calm down before she put its pants back on as best she could. If she stopped messing with it, it would have to go back to normal. Satisfied it looked more or less like it had when she entered the room, she started to leave.

She laughed as she went to the door. She’d just given a puppet a hand job. She looked back at it, and she could swear that it was smiling. As if it wanted to say ‘thank you’

“You’re welcome.” Cherry told the dummy, then turned out the light.

End part one