The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

THE VOICES

By Interstitial

19. THE FALL

The hallway was dark and quiet. Mister Talv would still be on the eighth floor, Suuori knew, in the main apartment, possibly wondering where she’d gone. Lilith called the elevator.

“What is this place?” Else finally piped up, her voice slightly slurred. “Mmm, Lilith, I can’t wait to kiss you again. You will be gentle with me, won’t you?”

Stupid girl! She tried once more to shout. It’s your personal hell! What do you think you’re doing here?

“Just where I live,” said Lilith, in a soothing tone. “You’ll like it, I promise. And of course I’ll be gentle, my darling. I want this to be special.” She stroked the girl’s hair, and Else leaned against her, purring like a cat.

The elevator seemed to take an age to descend. Suuori counted the seconds; seventy-three of them before, finally, the soft ping of arrival, and the doors opened. Lilith ushered Else in to the car. Suuori could feel Lilith’s excitement thrumming like electricity, wired to the mains.

“Which floor is it again?” Lilith muttered, eying the numbered buttons.

Lilith, Suuori said—thought—Do you want to make it really special for him, this virgin sacrifice? Truly—memorable? So that he REALLY likes you? He’d be sure to help you then, wouldn’t he?

“Of course I do. Which floor—ah, there, I see it in your memories. Sixth; the Secret Garden.” Her finger reached for the elevator buttons.

Suuori stifled the urge to scream. Wait, Lilith! Let me help you. I know this place. I know Mister Talv. Believe me, it could all be so much better, so much more—memorable—in the basement. You want to impress him, don’t you…? Make sure he gets you what you want?

Her hand paused above the control panel. Suuori felt the chill of something rummaging through her mind, vivid and unwanted memories surfacing at its touch.

“Mm hm,” Lilith said at last. “The basement. I see. Karsten Talv does have quite an imagination, doesn’t he? The man never ceases to impress. Well, little slave girl, gullible idiot you may be, but you might be onto something here.” And with that, she reached out with Suuori’s hand and pressed the button for the basement.

* * *

Lilith pushed open the door to the basement room. Windowless, it was lit with concealed lighting, an indeterminate glow reflecting off the bare brickwork. The floor was heavy wood. She nudged Else inside. The room was warm and quiet.

Else gasped. For the first time she seemed almost alarmed; her eyes were practically popping out of her head. Suuori wasn’t at all surprised.

The basement was arrayed with all the things Mister Talv had been working on lately. Sketches, prototypes, experiments; works in progress.

On a cushioned plinth in one corner sat an exquisitely crafted figure of a blindfolded kneeling woman. Every square centimetre of its body was covered in a minutely recursive pattern of swirling shapes—interlocking fractals of blue, red, gold, and green, from neck to toe, in recursive detail. The effect was beautiful. An extraordinary abstraction, a work of art. In the ebb and flow and curl of the hypnotic multi-coloured patterns even a casual viewer could discern a whole future. The statue was beautiful, and completely lifelike. Its mouth was open, inviting.

As she watched, the statue turned its head to face her.

“My, my. Quite a model. He does take his work seriously, doesn’t he?” said Lilith.

Against one wall, a wooden X-shaped structure, various manacles and straps arrayed along its beams. Suuori had experienced this many times, before the Perch. Completely splayed, unable to escape or move, everything open to the world, she’d felt as naked as it was possible for a woman to be. It was on this very Cross that Helve had finally submitted completely; she’d repeated the words of the contract, the deal he’d insisted on, and had finally accepted her new name.

And in the centre of the room, in pride of place, stood the Maiden.

It was constructed in the manner of a sarcophagus, the perfect size and shape to contain a person. Its exterior was smooth and studded silver, and its contoured door stood open. The surface of the door itself showed a bas relief figure of indeterminate sex, eyes closed and hands behind its back. Suuori knew this was the best position to adopt, inside the Maiden.

The interior glistened pinkly in the dim light, womb-like. It looked strangely comfortable and inviting, as indeed it was, Suuori knew. A variation on a very old design, Mister Talv had told her; repurposed from pain to pleasure.

“What is that?” Lilith murmured, sotto voce.

It’s called the Maiden. Mister Talv says it’s better than Blodeuwedd’s Perch, for some things, more versatile—

“Versatile how?”

It stimulates you … all over. Every inch, in fine detail; it’s exactly like being licked by an infinity of soft little tongues, inside and out, over and over again. Soft lips, kissing, nibbling everywhere. A hundred lovers, all at once… you can lose yourself in there for a long time.

“It’s perfect. You clever little slave girl. Has he used it on you? Ah yes, I see he has.”

Memories fluttered. Suuori knew from experience that once the door was closed the subject wouldn’t be able to move a muscle in there, and that the hundreds of moist warm mouth-like things, whatever they were, would begin their work as soon as the latch clicked shut.

Soon they would be probing, exploring, sucking, licking, working hard even in areas unfamiliar to most, sensitive places that few dreamed even existed; and a little while later some other functions would kick in too, impossibly intense. Slowly at first, of course, then gradually ever faster. And after four hours or so of that, Suuori remembered, after she’d been reduced to a quivering erotic mush, one single huge indistinguishable erogenous zone, the real fun had started.

“Very good. That should warm her up nicely,” murmured Lilith. “And once she’s warmed up, we’ll put her in the Perch.”

Else was still looking around, stunned. But she appeared to be waking up a little, now. “Do you have a drink, Lilith?” she said. “I’m thirsty. And what is this place? What is that thing?”

“Sure,” replied Lilith, “you can drink from my pussy, little Else. Off with your clothes, and I’ll show you how. This is a place of magic. The magic of women.”

Suuori kept quiet, and watched Else strip, a little shyly, somehow still going with the exploratory flow of new experience. She looked at Lilith demurely; apprehensive, expectant.

“You’ll lick your mistress, worship me there until you can take no more. And then, we’ll do something even more special.”

“Y-yes, Lilith.” The girl’s eyes were bright, and her small nipples were hard; excited, aroused, scared in equal measure. Whatever she’d expected, thought Suuori, it surely wasn’t this.

“But first, let’s have a look around. Get in the mood. Explore.”

Lilith was aroused, she felt, or was it just her own body responding instinctively? She wandered around the basement, looking, touching, admiring the equipment, the purpose of some of which Suuori still had no idea.

She paused by a device that was

“Look at this, Else. Can you guess what it is?”

Else looked at the thing, wide eyed, and shook her head.

“The Breaking Wheel, it used to be called. So you see your arms are secured here, on these spokes; your legs there, on those, and then I imagine you would be blindfolded.” Lilith reached out and gave the wheel a spin. It was almost frictionless. “Oh yes, I see. How disorienting that must be. And look, there near the centre, there’s a place to attach things.”

Suuori’s experience of the Wheel had involved a number of things being attached there, the better to deal with a person’s willpower.

“Mister Talv really does have a very vivid imagination,” said Lilith. Suuori couldn’t help but agree with that.

She paused by a section of wall, festooned with dangling chains and manacles.

“Old school too, I see,” she chuckled. “We mustn’t forget the basics, must we?” She picked up an ornate metal collar, its chain attached to the wall by heavy bolts, and turned it over in her hands, interested. “Look at this, Else. I’ve seen these before. I had one myself, once. In certain parts of the Roman Empire, this used to symbolise—“

At last, the opening she’d been waiting for. Suuori pushed again, with all her strength, as hard as she could—and suddenly, for a few precious seconds, she was back. And a few seconds was all it took; she lifted the heavy collar, and snapped it shut around her own neck.

“Run, Else!” screamed Suuori. “Run, go to the top floor! There’s an apartment, a man there, his name is Mister Talv, tell him—just tell him—“

“— just tell him I’ve got a wonderful present for him,” hissed Lilith, enraged, “and tell him to come down here and let me out of this fucking collar RIGHT NOW!”

Else seemed frozen in panic. She just stared, bug eyed and shaking for a long moment. And then, without even stopping to pick up her clothes, she turned and ran out the basement as if chased by the hounds of Gabriel themselves.

* * *

Mister Talv entered the basement slowly, cautiously, Else in tow. She was wearing one of Suuori’s dresses now.

“Suuori? What are you doing down here? And who is this person, Else? She’s making no sense at all. I thought I told you never to —” He paused, stopped in his tracks, seeing something unexpected in Suuori’s face. He waved Else back behind him. “Don’t get too close. Go sit over there—no not on that one, you’ll get quite a surprise if you do.”

He looked around, surveying the scene. He turned back to Suuori, who was playing with her chain coquettishly.

“Why have you chained yourself up? What’s happened?”

It was Lilith who cackled back in reply. “Oh little Suuori, sweet and nice. What are you doing in this den of vice? Along came a virgin, looking for fun. Oh little Suuori, what have you done? Go on, you stupid little whore. I’d love to hear your version. Don’t leave anything out, mind, or Lilith will correct you.” And suddenly Suuori was back, wide eyed and panting with fear, blurting out her story.

He listened without interrupting, and said nothing. When she’d finished, he approached cautiously, keeping his distance. “Lilith. Listen to me. I spoke with Takeshi. She knows all about memes. And it doesn’t matter what you do. I can’t help you. We need to go our separate ways.”

Lilith twisted on her chain, eyes blazing. “But I was just trying to please you. And you said! You said you’d help me, Karsten Talv. I even brought you a damn virgin to play with. Oh, what are the promises of men worth? Unchain me, and we’ll talk. Don’t you want to talk, just you and me?” She licked her lips, lasciviously. “Why won’t you help me? Don’t you like me any more? We had a deal!”

Mister Talv said nothing for a moment. He needed to gently persuade Lilith of this, he thought, ad not only for her own good.

Yes, Takeshi thought it could be done, this reproduction business. But what if these children it sought could also reproduce in turn? More little symbiotic sentient Liliths, wandering archetypal spirits wreaking havoc in the world, immortal, breeding, spreading everywhere. How many might there be, eventually? A hundred? A thousand? More?

#exponential, as Takeshi succinctly put it.

Mister Talv’s imagination served him well. A thousand? More? Exponential? What were the implications?

Why not millions, or even billions of Liliths, then? Generation upon generation, proliferating like a virus; an alien infestation, a pandemic of dreams, overrunning everything. Corollary: one day, a meme for every human head; or perhaps—why not?—more still, running out of minds to colonise, swarming across the world like a plague of mental locusts. And then what? Would the Liliths end up fighting over territory; two of the things, three of them, armies of them, battling over a single mind; immortal conflicting ideas fighting for the right to live?

And where would that leave our thoughts, our ideas, our dreams? Mister Talv wondered, in a sudden unfamiliar access of affection for the human race. Crowded out, mentally starved, left living on the fringes, refugees in in our own heads?

Lilith might mean no harm, but it would be the true Fall; the world would be forever mad.

“Nothing personal, I assure you,” he said at last. “You’ll have to go, Lilith. Leave Suuori; leave here.”

“So it’s not me, it’s you, is that what you’re saying? We had a deal. How many times have I heard that!”

He sighed, and marshalled his arguments. “I know. But think of it another way. Out there, on your own, you can be happy, independent, free. You’re unique, special, beautiful, wonderful. There’s nothing else like you. Think of it. You’re the only one in the world!”

Lilith was silent, watching him suspiciously. He pressed on, trying to spin this her way.

“It’s always you, isn’t it, in the stories? How could I bring myself to make another, just a second rate copy? It would only spoil the wonderful, precious, uniqueness of you. And what if there were more children, and more, generations of them; until suddenly you weren’t so special any more Lilith? Just ordinary? Just one amongst many. How would that feel, to be ordinary?

“I’ll never be ordinary,” Lilith growled. But he could see he’d struck a chord.

“That’s not all. You’re so old, but these new Liliths would be so young and fresh, and just like children everywhere, they’d leave you behind. How do you know what they’d even be like, these little Liliths? Would they love you? Would they even understand you? Would they respect you? Or would they just laugh at your old stories, and say, like they say to old women everywhere these days: oh, there goes the mad old witch, babbling again, just ignore her?

“Wouldn’t it be better, for you, Lilith, to stay as you are: special, unique, the only living goddess on earth?”

The basement was silent, except for the sobbing of Else. He waited, hoping he’d said enough.

“You may have a point, clever Mister Karsten Talv,” she said at last. Her voice was low now. “I’m tired. I need to think.”

“So you agree? You’ll leave us?”

“Or what, Karsten Talv? You can’t make me,” she snapped, suddenly angry again. “Stop trying to control me.”

“Stalemate, then. I can’t force you to leave. But you can’t escape, either.”

Lilith stared out of Suuori’s eyes with an fury like flame, and she sprang at Mister Talv, claws out, Suuori’s pretty face twisted into a snarl as she pulled at the chain. Feeling no give at all, she crouched again, growling, regarding at him with hate. Across the room, he heard Else mewling in terror.

“Just wait until I get out of here, Karsten Talv,” hissed the meme, Lilith, through Suuori’s bared teeth. “You can’t chain me up like some pet until I submit. I’ll make you cry for your mother. Just like that little virgin over there.”

He eyed Else, wondering what was going on in her head. She was trembling very badly, now, whatever substances she’d been abusing wearing off. He wondered in passing what on earth he was going to do with the girl. Put her in the Maiden, possibly? That might have its merits.

But there were more important things to think about right now.

He maintained a safe distance from Lilith—Suuori—and held up both hands. “Stop, Lilith. You got yourself in this situation. You said you’d behave, and you didn’t. You’ve only got yourself to blame.”

Suuori was suddenly present again; she gasped, and her big eyes looked at him pleadingly. “Mister Talv, please! Make it stop!”

Her eyes rolled back in her head, wild, and then the feral grin of Lilith was back, and the deep contralto voice, incongruous in Suuori’s slender body. “So I can’t get to you, Karsten Talv. Look, but don’t touch is it, now? Not to worry, I’ve got plenty to play with right here. What about your innocent little slave, hmm? There’ll be nothing left of her by the time I’ve finished; just what I leave behind. Here: listen to this.” And the basement resounded to the unholy noise of Suuori screaming, entirely drowning out the whimpering from the traumatised Else.

“Lilith, please don’t hurt her.” But the screaming went on, taunting him.

Or what, Karsten Talv?

“Or I’ll have to kill you.”

Lilith was back then, her insane laugh echoing in the basement. “What are you talking about, ‘kill’ me? You’re just a man. I’ve outlived a hundred generations of men. You can’t kill a story —”

He held up his hand. “No. But I can kill her. Suuori. And then what happens to you, chained up alone in the basement, no contact to be had, nowhere else to go? You’ll die too, Lilith.”

An indefinable twist in her body, her face, her voice—and Suuori was there again, shouting at him, desperate and tearful. “Oh! Oh! I can hear every word in here, Mister Talv! Please! You can’t kill me! Oh please, I know you’d never hurt me…”

Her body wracked with sobs. He regarded her sympathetically. No, thought Mister Talv; with a bit of luck, he wouldn’t have to kill her. He’d never killed anybody if he could help it, let alone one of his wonderful women. But negotiations are negotiations, and a man’s word is his bond.

“Lilith. You’ve heard my argument. And you’ve been in my head. You know what I’m capable of. Make no mistake, there is exactly one option on the table here. Do we have a deal?”

Lilith sat back on her haunches and regarded him thoughtfully, feeling the metal collar at her throat.

Gradually, he saw the anger leave her, to be replaced by something else, something new that he couldn’t read; she closed her eyes and lay back, her arms spread wide, and began humming a melody.

For a long few minutes she lay there, back arched, writhing gently on the floor, humming. She clutched her chain with one hand, stroking her belly with the other, seemingly lost in a world of her own. The woman seemed almost ecstatic, he thought; her breath coming quickly, the hummed notes rising and falling in a strange ethereal tune.

At length, he watch her face slowly surrender its tension, resolving back into something resembling Suuori.

“What do you say, Lilith? Do we have a deal?”

She opened her eyes and smiled up at him; the woman seemed beatifically calm now; Suuori’s blue eyes were clear and still, her pretty heart-shaped face completely relaxed; a slight flush in her cheeks the only sign of the wildness that had gone before.

“Deal, Karsten Talv.”

Another unfamiliar emotion; a welcome flood of pure human relief.

He thought of Suzanna.