The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

“The Waking Dream”

( mc / tk / Ff / mf / fd )

DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER

First off, your basic disclaimer of “If you’re under 18 or offended by sex, especially female-female sex, get lost.” Also, a warning that this story contains scenes of mind control so if that type of things offends you, again, just stay away.

* * *

PROLOGUE (Praeliminaris)

* * *

Carla Maples was an exceptional woman. It was evident from when she was young that she was very intelligent—she scored high on placement exams and was able to get into a school for the gifted. And from there, Carla showed her determination—she always got As and skipped two grades. Then she moved on to graduate from high school with high honors at 16, and, despite many lucrative offers from exceptionally well known schools, decided to study at the university in her hometown. She earned her Masters Degree in business management at 22, and quickly got a job at an advertising firm near her hometown.

You might think that Carla was a woman who had confidence in her ability; unfortunately, this was not the case. Carla was also known for being too hard on herself; she nearly quit the university when she scored a B in one class. Carla was also a very lonely woman. This is not to say that she wasn’t attractive; in fact, Carla was quite striking. But she didn’t feel this way. Carla felt neither smart, exceptional, nor beautiful. Her face, accentuated by long brown hair, wore a frown more often than not. She didn’t have very many friends and absolutely no love life. The only good thing Carla could say about herself, usually, is “I work hard,” and she was indeed very motivated. She wanted to succeed. However, she feared failure excessively.

In the office, Carla rose fast. She now worked as an assistant for the marketing VP, Rhonda Douglas. Ms. Douglas was a great woman to have as a boss; she was understanding yet still firm with her employees. She was also duly impressed with Carla’s strive. And worried that Carla would burn out.

“Are you sure you’re not working too hard? I think you’re due for a vacation,” she often asked out of concern.

“No, don’t worry about me. Working’s not a problem. Besides, I don’t know what I’d do with a vacation,” was Carla’s constant response.

But Carla was headed for exhaustion, and it was obvious to all that knew her. And Ms. Douglas’s urgings became more frequent. So one weekend, Carla finally decided to take a break from work, and at the same time improve her social life. She was going to go look for a man in the weekend. She was very nervous about it; on Saturday morning, she checked her figure in the mirror constantly. She didn’t have too many good things to say about herself.

‘My eyes look horrible... there’s so many bags... and just look at me, I’m fat...’ she’d think as she observed herself. ‘And my knees are looking knobby! Oh God, I look like a disaster!’

Carla couldn’t see herself in the mirror too well, she just saw what she reflected. She looked very pretty. She didn’t have an ultra-skinny waist like a supermodel; but her body looked round and perfectly huggable. Her eyes did contain some bags from a lack of sleep, but her hazel eyes simply looked bedazzling.

Carla finally decided that she needed to buy some clothes and perhaps a bit of makeup, so she took a drive to the mall to purchase these things. When she was about to enter the department store, she noticed a mall security officer smiling at her. Carla smiled back and walked in. The officer then sighed to himself. He found Carla gorgeous, despite the large shirt and pants she wore in an attempt to hide her figure, which she found repulsive.

Once inside, Carla searched for clothing and makeup that would at least make her feel decent. She meticulously scanned the departments and tried on many skirts, blouses, pantyhose... nothing seemed to work. Carla did not notice the female salesclerk that had been following her the whole way through.

Until, when Carla had settled on an ensemble, the salesclerk approached her.

“Hello, ma’am,” she said with a genuine smile. “Do you need any help today?”

“Oh, no thanks... Helen,” Carla said, quickly scanning the name tag out of politeness. “I think I’ve found what I’ve want.”

“Oh, I see,” Helen noted, observing what Carla was carrying. “Well, I would guess you’re going for a night out. Trying to impress the guys?”

Carla stalled momentarily, thinking that the question was prying. But Helen looked back at her with a face that told Carla that she was trying to make conversation. And conversation is what Carla wanted to make.

“Uhm, yeah,” she replied. “It’s kinda my... first time going out, in... well, a while.” She then started to blush.

“Oh!” Helen said, somewhat surprised. “Your first time?” Her tone of voice hid her disbelief. “OK. Well, may I make a suggestion?”

Carla lifted her eyebrows in surprise. “Mm-hmm,” she said, nodding.

Helen leaned in closer, as if telling Carla a secret, and lowered her voice. “I think you might need to get something to wear under the dress.”

“Hrm?” Carla said, a bit confused.

Helen’s voice lowered to a whisper. “Underwear.”

“Oh,” Carla replied. “Well, no, it’s okay. I don’t intend to look for, um, nights of wild abandon, if you know what I mean.” She chuckled a bit nervously, then blushed. “I’m just looking for someone to talk to,” she then mumbled, half to herself.

“Oh, not for them,” Helen said unabashedly. “For you. You don’t need something frilly but something comfortable and light. You don’t want to be scratching the chafing under that bra of yours.”

“Huh?” Carla blurted out, looking first at Helen and then down at her chest.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” Helen said, sounding like she was. “I sometimes get a bit forward. But if I may say so, that bra looks tight and uncomfortable. A charming woman like you doesn’t need to wear that.”

Carla tried to think of something to say. Helen was right—the bra hurt and made her raw in the back, but she wanted something to lift up her bosom. She had bought one of those bras that lift up your breasts some time ago, and she hated wearing it, but she felt like she had to endure it. Carla started to hem and haw and look away in embarassment.

“Hey... may I ask your name?” Helen said in a friendly tone.

“Oh...” Carla said, feeling like she had forgotten it all of a sudden. “My name’s—Carla.”

“Oh,” Helen said, smiling broadly. “Well, Carla. I think I may have some items that you’ll enjoy... they’re very comfortable. Come this way.”

So Carla followed Helen as she walked across the store, to a register, and pulled out a box. It was white, unmarked, and wrapped with a ribbon, as if it was a gift.

“It’s sort of like a pajama set,” Helen said. “They have socks and gloves in there... you can wear them at night. Believe me, they’re great and they help keep you warm, especially around this winter.” Carla nodded. “But anyway, there’s the bra top and panties that you can wear anytime. You absolutely must have these. You’ll feel so much better.”

“Well,” Carla said. “It’s alright. I don’t think I really need—”

“Listen,” Helen said, looking into Carla’s eyes. “I think you do. Carla...” She paused after saying Carla’s name, then renewed her gaze. “You don’t have to hurt yourself to make yourself attractive. It’s not necessary. I’ve got a lot of these at home. They make me feel so much better. I’m sure they’ll do the same for you. A pretty woman like you doesn’t deserve less.”

Carla found it hard to voice objections when she looked into Helen’s blue eyes. They seemed warm and comforting, and Helen’s urgings seemed genuine. Carla had previously noted to herself that Helen was quite good looking; she felt she didn’t normally think of women in that way, even though she had noticed how good her boss looked ever since she started the job with her. Still, Carla felt strange feelings stir within her. Her thoughts started to jumble.

“You don’t have to pay for this now,” Helen said softly. “You can just give me your address. I’ll send you the bill.”

Carla didn’t seem to care to ask how much it cost. She was curious about what was in the box, why Helen was so enthusiastic about the undergarments in there. Could they help her figure?...

Carla dumbly nodded. Helen smiled and asked for her address, which Carla recited, and Helen wrote down. Then she rung up Carla’s other purchases and handed them to her in a bag, along with the box. She then smiled a most friendly smile at Carla. “Have a nice day.”

“Uhh... you too,” Carla said, trying to smile back. She then walked out of the store. On her way back, she saw the security officer again, who smiled at her and tipped his hat. Carla gave a genuine smile back to him. For some reason, she was starting to feel a bit better today. Carla got into her car and drove home, waiting to open the box until she arrived there. She felt like she had got a present.

When Carla got to her house, she walked into her bedroom and opened the box. Inside it was some paper and, just as Helen said, the undergarments, socks and gloves. The bra top and panties felt very soft to the touch; they were grey and somewhat opaque. The gloves and socks were also grey, but made of cotton and very fuzzy. They looked like they could keep Carla warm in a blizzard. Also, each undergarment was accented with a tiny velvet heart hanging off of certain parts. The bra had one heart on the top of each strap; the panties’ heart were on the top middle; the gloves’ hearts hung straight in the middle, and the socks’ hearts hung off the cuffs.

Carla smiled; just looking at the underwear made her feel more comfortable. She could not explain why she suddenly felt happier. Carla eagerly removed her clothes, casting them hurriedly to the ground. Then she took the bra in her hands, feeling its soft material. She found the strap in the back; then she fastened it on to her body. The silken texture of the brassiere caressed Carla’s breasts as they gently seemed to fall into it; Carla could not even feel where the strap was on her back. Then she stepped into the panties, pulling them up over her womanhood; the material felt just as soft and embracing as the bra. Carla involuntarily blushed.

She looked at herself in the mirror. She sighed somewhat disappointedly; she didn’t seem to look any better. But damn it all, she felt a lot better. She turned her body to look at her back, and her breasts shook and pleasantly fell within her bra as she bent her upper body. The bra and panties seemed to fit her perfectly.

She turned back towards the bag, intending to put on the red dress she had chosen over her new undies; but her gaze fell on the socks and gloves. They looked positively cozy and seemed to call to Carla. Not able to resist, Carla first took the socks and put them slowly on her feet, left foot first. She marveled at how warm they made her feet feel. Carla looked in the mirror and wiggled her toes; the sensation was pleasant. Then she put on the just as fuzzy gloves and noted the same warm sensation in her hands; she caressed them together and felt similar pleasant feelings.

Carla now looked at herself in the mirror and giggled a little. She felt she looked a little silly. But she felt heavenly... and sleepy. All of her long and drawn out nights seemed to sneak up on her unawares. Carla grew tired, and instead of putting on the dress and going out for the night, she toppled into bed and fell fast asleep.

As Carla nuzzled her head deep into her pillow, she unconsciously felt the warmth in her feet and arms spread through her legs and arms, all through her body as she drifted farther away from the world.

She didn’t think to cover herself in a blanket.

* * *

Through the course of two weeks, Carla underwent a change. One could attribute it to Helen’s package. She never wanted to stop wearing the bra and panties; she handwashed them and dried them every night so that she could wear them again in the morning. They didn’t seem to grow less luxurious when she washed them; in fact, they seemed softer and more comfortable to her skin each day. At times, she would wear the socks too, over sneakers usually. At home, she usually simply wore the entire ensemble, even the gloves; she had come to enjoy wearing those, and only removed them at home for jobs that required finger precision.

Carla slept a bit easier too. She previously was a horrible insomniac, but now she could manage some sleep every day. She liked to sleep from time to time; her dreams had left her with wonderful feelings ever since the package, even though she usually did not remember.

Carla also grew happier with her appearance. Though she still thought she was chubby, she couldn’t help but linger on her reflection at times. It was more out of surprise than out of vanity; to Carla, she seemed to be growing more attractive every day, for no apparent reason. In actuality, she was just becoming aware of it. She stopped being hard on her appearance. In fact, she lightened up on herself in general. She was a lot happier.

But Carla did not cut down on her job; she continued to work fervently to keep up with deadlines and complete her work early enough for Ms. Douglas to approve of it. Ms. Douglas was even more worried of Carla’s health, though.

At the end of these two weeks, a Friday, Ms. Douglas called Carla into her office when the workday was over.

“You wanted to see me, ma’am?” Carla asked.

“Yes, Miss Maples, I did. I’m more concerned than ever about you. I appreciate that you want to work, and you are a hard worker. But you’re not giving yourself enough time for relaxation, for rest.”

“But, ma’am, I like to work,” Carla responded.

Ms. Douglas nodded. “I know you like to work. But your work is starting to suffer because of your overexertion...”

“I’m sorry, ma’am,” Carla interrupted. “I’ll be sure to work harder on...”

“No, that’s not the answer. You’re headed for a burnout, Miss Maples. I think you need a vacation. And I mean need. I called you here to tell you that I’m giving you next week off. You’ll still be paid normally, of course, but you need some rest.”

Carla started to protest. At the same time, a strange warm feeling came over her body. “But, ma’am—”

“I don’t want to sound harsh, but I don’t want to see you here Monday. You need to relax and maybe have some fun.” Ms. Douglas smiled. “And when you come back, your work quality will assuredly improve. I’m sure of it. Please. Take the vacation.”

Carla sighed in resignation. “Yes, ma’am,” she said as she got up to walk out of the office. The warm feeling was pulsing within her, but she was too distracted to give it much notice.

“Oh, Miss Maples?”

“Yes?”

Ms. Douglas motioned to Carla’s blouse. Carla blushed brightly as she noticed her grey bra strap, velvet heart attached, sticking out from under her executive attire. She pushed the bra underneath her blue dress. “Thank you, ma’am. Will that be all?”

Rhonda Douglas nodded. “Go. Enjoy your vacation.”

Carla sighed as she walked out of the office. What would she do with a vacation? She had nowhere to go, no one to see. She surely did not want to visit her parents, who had long since moved to Atlanta.

And why was she feeling so strange?...

Carla went home and removed her dress, kicking off her shoes and removing the pantyhose she wore over her beloved panties. She put on the socks and gloves and walked upstairs to her bedroom.

One thing Carla knew for sure.

She needed sleep.

TO BE CONTINUED