The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Witchcraft

Chapter 8

(No sex)

From the beginning of her life until the last time anyone had heard from my mother, Eliza, she had been dedicated to a single purpose. She sought to build her own political power. She was not an artist, only an attendant, so she could not wield magic herself, but only through artists that she could influence. Her overpowering goal was to give birth to unusually powerful artists tied to her by family loyalty, the strength of her own personality, and through the art of spell-work, with assistance from her sisters and children who were artists. She would control this dynasty and use the power of the dynasty to extend her own life and power far beyond the humble expectations that attendants were taught to accept.

Eliza in her thirst for power had researched all that was known of how to produce and control artistic power. She knew that producing a family of loyal artists would be a powerful base – and yet it would be a power base that might be matched by others. She sought a unique source of power that would be difficult or impossible to replicate.

So she continued her research, always pretending merely to be adding to the accumulated wisdom of her people. Arcadia and a few others sensed that her intentions were not so benign, but without proof they did not act. They simply waited and watched.

Eliza’s research bore fruit. It was possible, according to legend, to follow unknown rituals that required a wiccult to mate with a wicca; and under the right circumstances, the offspring would have enormous and deadly power. And if raised following a special art, that only partly human offspring could be made pliable and subject to control – my mother’s control. The creature would also have the power to breed children like itself, which would cementing Eliza’s power indefinitely. The creature was called a Pan, named after its resemblance to the demigod of ancient legend.

Eliza pursued this vision with her full ambition. To realize her dream, she sought to create a wicca and a wiccult of her own flesh.

She selected my father as a mate because my father’s grandfather was a wiccult—the most recently known wiccult born.

Eliza’s first three children were female—all wicca. But her first attempts to produce male children all failed. She ended several pregnancies early, not wanting to “waste” her productive time on too many females. After dangerous experimentation with potions and sexual rituals that she performed with her sisters, she conceived twin boys – my brother and me.

Her mystical tests confirmed that at least one of the offspring would be a wiccult, so she carried us both to term. But the birth was difficult and destroyed her ability to bear more children.

After my brother and I were born, Eliza tested us to identify which one of us was a wiccult. But Arcadia secretly interfered with the test results and made it appear that neither boy was wiccult. My mother believed that her tests had produced false results because we were twins but the tests had been developed for diagnosis of single fetus pregnancies.

Eliza, unable to bear more children, decided to abandon the useless males in her family. She quarreled with her sisters, blaming them for rendering her infertile and for failing to help her produce a wiccult. She took the girls and disappeared from the artistic community and from my life. I was only weeks old.

Arcadia kept in touch with my father and with us two boys to ensure that Eliza did not somehow return and discover the deception. But Arcadia could not discover what had become of my mother. Eliza shunned all contact with the artistic community, even with her own sisters. Only a few rumors of her were heard during all the years as I grew older. Arcadia investigated every one, but they led only to dead ends.

Until my sister Kate entered the University, Arcadia might have been able to believe that my mother and sisters had all been lost – perhaps consumed by summoned demons that Eliza hoped to control and use to gain power. Or perhaps the entire group was driven insane by my mother’s frustrated ambition.

We didn’t know anything more for certain. It seemed clear only that Kate planned to breed with me and control me because I was a wiccult. We couldn’t be sure if Eliza was still alive or if perhaps Kate was acting on her own – but we had to assume the worst.

I wondered how we might stop my mother and sisters from achieving this evil ambition. I could see only two options, each cruel – lifetime imprisonment or execution. Yet what crimes had they committed? Their plans and intentions were clearly against the freedom and happiness of the artistic community, but are plans alone a crime?

I felt strongly that we needed to learn more. Through the mental link I felt Arcadia agree.

<Doogie, you must deepen your ability to read the thoughts of wicca and to shield your own thoughts from them. I can give you draughts of a potion to assist with this, but you must also practice. And I can give you this opportunity.>

I heard the sound of voices and opened my eyes – I had become lost in the world of Arcadia’s thoughts and memories for some time. At first, I saw a group of women entering the room, but a subtle kind of aura surrounded them and I realized that I was seeing a group of wicca and a few attendants.

<Take the opportunity to practice extending your abilities, Doogie,> Arcadia suggested. <And don’t be afraid to enjoy yourself.>