The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Witchgirl: Teenage Hero of Justice

In an alternative universe, the young heroine Witchgirl fights for truth and justice on two different levels of reality. Normally she uses her hex-magic to fight crime and save lives on earth, but on special occasions she is called upon by a secret government agency to enter the Matrix, a virtual reality construct that is a universe unto itself and the earth’s last great frontier. There she faces new dangers and villains in a strange world where reality is a purely subjective term.

This story is based on roleplaying sessions conducted between Witchgirl and PsiLance. The matrix used in this story is modelled after the matrix in the movie of the same name, although there may be differences in terms of logistics to better serve the storyline and the roleplaying sessions.

For more information about these roleplaying sessions, information about the Witchgirl character, or to give out advice, criticism, and (especially) complements to the writers, please contact the authors at their email addresses.

Chapter 6: A Relaxing Dinner With Genna

It has been almost two hours since Witchgirl’s latest adventure in the Matrix, and Witchgirl and Genna St. John are at dinner in a small neighborhood restaurant. The waiter comes over and puts dessert down on the table—a small espresso and a biscotti for Witchgirl, a piece of black forest cake for Genna St. John. “If I’m the one paying for this, why didn’t I get to pick the place?” Genna asks with a smirk in the corner of her mouth. “Not that I’m complaining, mind you. The food was delicious.”

“Because you always want to go to McDonald’s or Kentucky Fried Chicken,” Witchgirl says, returning the coy smile and sipping at her espresso.

Genna uses the side of her fork to break off a piece of cake and eat it, savoring the flavor while looking at her friend. “But McDonald’s always has those cute little toys.”

“You’re a talented technician, Genna, and a good friend, but man, your taste in cuisine is kinda...underachieving.”

“That might be true,” she says, “but you know what a sucker I am for toys. I can’t get enough of them.” She leans forward and whispers, “I don’t suppose there are any toys given away free with a meal here, are there?”

They both laugh. The waiter brings the check and sets it face down on the table. “Genna,” Witchgirl says, as she nibbles on her biscotti. “Can I ask you a question...on a more serious note?”

“Sure. Go ahead.”

“Can someone carry the influence of the matrix with them when they step outside the matrix?”

“Not that I know of. When you restore the reality of the Matrix by fixing the tear, everything should be repaired and restored to normal.”

Witchgirl nods. “Okay. I was just...curious.”

Genna leans forward again and lowers her voice, but this time she is serious. “You sure it’s nothing more?”

Witchgirl removes her napkin from her lap and places it on the table. “No...no...I don’t think so.”

“Spill it, Laurie. Something’s wrong. I can tell.”

Witchgirl sighs. “It’s just that I’m not feeling quite myself lately.”

Genna looks at Laurie’s clothing, her rather ‘witchgirlish’ black tank top and the black jeans and boots sticking out from beneath the table. “I can tell from the change in clothing, but I didn’t want to say anything.”

“What do you mean...my clothing?”

“Well, you have never worn so much black...at least while you’re yourself. It’s like your WG 24/7 now a days.”

“Well, I like dressing this way. “Maybe spending so much time in the matrix has just made me comfortable with certain...aspects of myself.”

“Maybe. I wouldn’t know. I’ll have to take your word for it.”

“Well, I’m not sure myself.” Witchgirl curls the bill away from the table and looks at the damage. “Not bad.”

Genna takes a look. “Yeah. Looks like I’ll be able to pay rent this month after all.” She reaches into her purse and pulls out her debit card and slaps it on the table. The waiter slides by and picks it up, smiling at Genna as he walks away.

“Thanks, Genna. I’ll get the next one,” Witchgirl says.

“That’s what you said last time,” Genna says, as she signs the receipt. They get up, thank the waiter, and head outside, Witchgirl grabbing a fistful of mints on her way out the door.

It’s dark out and the streets are pretty deserted. Witchgirl bends down and picks up a Styrofoam cup and throws it in the trash. “Environmentally conscious til the end, eh?” Genna says.

Witchgirl shrugs. “It bothers me even more now than it used to, actually. There’s so much decay and sadness in this city. Sometimes I can see why people choose to spend their whole lives in the matrix.”

Two teenaged boys are casually walking down the street toward Genna and Witchgirl. Their eyes follow the girls as they walk, checking them up and down. Genna sighs and tries to ignore them, looking at Laurie. Witchgirl frowns and tries to ignore them too and continue with their conversation.

“I think since the Matrix was invented, people are less interested in the ‘real’ world. We’re letting it go to the dogs, as they say, when we should be trying to save it.”

“Save it? You sound just like a superheroine, Laurie. The Matrix is as ‘real’ a place as this city, in a way. What is reality anyway?” Genna waves her arm, taking in the street and buildings. “How do we know that ANY of this is really ‘real’?”

“I can see your point, Genna,” Witchgirl says. “Especially lately, the Matrix seems very, well, real.”

One the boys is talking as they get closer. “...and dude, then there was that...” The other boy hits him in the shoulder and eyes the girls, signaling him to shut-up. That’s when Witchgirl recognizes them.

“Genna,” she says, “don’t look over there...but I think I recognize those teenagers. They were part of a gang I caught in the middle of a purse snatching.”

One of the boys nervously trips as they get just a few feet from Laurie and Genna, causing the other one to start. The boys look at Witchgirl and start running down the ally. Witchgirl takes off after him down the alley. “Oh, no you don’t!”

Witchgirl calls over her shoulder to Genna. “Be right back! I’m just going to knock a couple of heads together.”

Witchgirl jumps deftly over a trashcan and down the alley. “Have fun storming the castle...” calls back to her.

The boys run to a large wire fence and start climbing it in a mad scramble. Witchgirl grabs them both by the backs of their pants.

She tugs them by their belt loops and pulls them down to the ground. She smiles and pushes them back against the fence. “You must be running for a reason,” she says, “and what are you doing out and about so quickly? I thought you would still be in jail.”

“Nah, man. We were just running for our health.”

“Ummm...yeah. It’s practice for the Fitness test at school.”

The first boy puts his hands into his jacket pockets. “We weren’t going anything like you were saying. Honest.”

Something falls from his pocket and he bends down to pick it up. Witchgirl steps on it with her boot. “I’ll take that, thank you very much.”

“Hey! That was almost my fingers.”

Witchgirl bends down and picks it up and looks it over. It’s a small plastic package of yellow pills.

The second boy says, “Those are just his vitamins. His mom says he has to take them 4 times a day for his allergies.”

The first boy sniffles. “Yeah, allergies. Can I please have them back?”

Witchgirl takes out a pill and looks it over. “When I’m finished with them.”

“But look at the pour kid,” the second boy says with a glance and smirk at his friend. “His allergies are already going off.”

“Shush now,” Witchgirl says. “Or I’ll make you shush.”

“Shush me? You’re not my mama. ‘Sides, we didn’t do anything.”

“Well, then what’s this stuff? You expect me to believe you that it’s allergy medication?”

The first boy sneezes again and nods, scratching his neck.

“Then take one,” the second boy says. “That’ll prove to you that we’re telling the truth.”

Witchgirl laughs. “Take one? Do you think I’m crazy?”

He shrugs. “Well, it’s the only way to prove its allergy medicine.”

Witchgirl looks at the boys. “What is it about you two that I recognize? It’s not JUST the purse snatching. It’s something else. Something VERY familiar.”

The first boy coughs at the mention of the purse snatching, but the second counters, “Purse snatching? What would two upstanding boys like us be doing stealing purses? And maybe we look familiar to you because of our dashing, movie star good looks. People say that Kyle here looks like a young Tom Cruise and that I look like that curly headed kid from N’Sync, except with glasses. Although personally, I’m offended by the comparison. But regardless, maybe that’s what seems familiar about us?”

“That could be,” Kyle says to Mason. “People do mention that from time. She’s probably just confused.”

“Very confused,” Mason adds.

“Yeah,” Kyle says. “Superheroines mess with Supervillains, not boys. Unless you came to see us for some other reason? A baser reason, perhaps? I mean, we ARE good-looking teenaged boys, and you’re a teenaged girl. It doesn’t take a genius-although Mason is one-to figure out that particular equation.”

Witchgirl blinks, holding the pill between her thumb and finger. Something seems SO wrong. Why is it so hard to think?

Mason turns to Kyle. “She just wanted a reason to talk to us, and since her only normal way of talking to someone is beating them us first, she did what came natural.”

Witchgirl thinks about the psychologist...that stupid robot psychologist...and how he twists her words. These boys seem to be doing the same thing. She’s not attracted to them...not in the least...right?

“What came natural?” she asks in a meek voice. “But that’s completely ridiculous.”

Mason plucks the pill from her hand and smiles. “Well, how do you usually beat up on Supervillains?”

Witchgirl head feels funny. She watches Mason pocket the pill. “I punch them. I grab them. Sometimes I cast spells on them.”

“Do you usually talk to them like you’re talking to us now?”

“Well, no, but you started talking to me, and...and...”

“And you probably didn’t know how to respond so you just went with instinct.”

Witchgirl feels so funny. Why IS she talking to them. Maybe...maybe...maybe the one boy with glasses...the cute boy with glasses...maybe he’s right.

“Really? You think so?”

“Yeah. It’s like a wild animal thing.”

“A wild...animal...thing.”

Kyle walks around behind her. “Yeah. You know, how they rely on instinct to do everything. You relied on instinct while trying to talk to us, like a wild animal might. Since you normally beat up people, it came natural to you, because that’s how you usually deal with people.”

Witchgirl nods slowly. “But...you make it sound like I’m really, really violent. I’m not like that. Really.”

“Well, you’re allowed to be violent with supervillains. Just acting on instinct, not one bit of thought involved.”

“Not one bit...of thought...but...”

“Kinda like an untamed black tiger.”

Mason carefully pulls Witchgirl’s outstretch hand down slowly, ever so slowly, to her side. “But that’s fine. We can teach you new things. We can train you on how to respond to normal people. Don’t worry about thinking. Just rely on those animal instincts like you usually do. Why think at all? We’ll train you how to react to boys.”

“Boys...like...like...you?”

“Yes. Boys like us. We’ll tame the animal you are.”

“I’m really not that violent you know. Really.” Witchgirl looks from boy to boy. “I guess I just wanted to, um, talk to you. Meet you and...stuff.”

“I know. But we’ll train you so you won’t be violent to boys.”

“I’m sorry. I guess I do beat up boys sometimes.”

“Why do you think that is?”

Kyle answers for her. “Because you haven’t been properly trained. All animals should be properly trained.”

“But...but...I’m not an animal.”

Mason smiles. “But didn’t you react like an animal?”

“I guess...I did...but it was only because...because...I was...attracted to you.”

“You tried to beat us up without thinking, relying on your instinct. You didn’t think. Animals don’t think.”

Witchgirl mouth opens slightly as her hand goes limp at her side.

“That’s a good girl,” Mason says. “Just relax.”

Witchgirl speaks in a soft moan...as if she is half-asleep.

“I guess...I guess I HAVE behaved badly in the past.”

“That’s okay. You’ll behave now.”

Witchgirl sighs a little. “I guess...you know...it’s like...gosh, it’s hard to think.”

“That’s because animals don’t think. You’re just beginning to understand. Don’t worry, there’s not reason to think anyway. We’ll just explain everything to you.”

“Just be a good little animalgirl and let us train you,” Kyle adds with a chuckle. He leans close to her head and blows into her ear. She smiles slightly as the breeze touches her.

“Um...but...but...I’m a superhero.”

Mason brings his hand to Witchgirl’s face and caresses it. “You think you’re a superhero, but animals don’t think. And we already proved you have trouble thinking, because you rely so heavily on your animal instinct.”

Kyle nods. “You should stop thinking about being a superhero. Let us train you, and be a good pet like you’re suppose to be.”

Witchgirl nods slowly. “Just stop thinking and be a good pet.”

Mason smiles and glances at Kyle. “That’s my girl.”

Suddenly, Genna is standing there. “Ah, good. Just in time to rescue her from our villainous clutches,” Mason says with a laugh. He touches Kyle on the shoulder. “Let’s get out of here.”

“But I’m NOT finished with her, Mason,” Kyle sneers.

“Oh, yes, yes, you are,” Mason says. “Genna has come to rescue her friend, and we are heading off into the night, which is where ALL deliquent boys go when their plans are thwarted.” He tugs on Kyle’s sleeve and the other boy reluctantly follows.

When the boys are gone, Genna steps up to Witchgirl and looks into her eyes. “Laurie? Laurie are you okay?” She places her hands to the sides of Witchgirl’s face. “Laurie, look at me. Concentrate and focus.”

Witchgirl stares straight ahead. Everything feels so mushy and blank and, why is it so HARD to think?

“Concentrate,” Genna says. “Focus.”

Witchgirl blinks. “Um...huh? What happened?”

“I’m not sure, be we need to get out of here.”

“Wow...my head feels like I don’t know what. Everything is spinning. What’s going on?”

“You’re okay, Laurie,” Genna says. “I scared them off.”

“Oh,” Witchgirl says.

“Let’s get back to my place,” Genna says, as she leads Witchgirl out of the alleyway.

Genna takes Witchgirl back to her apartment as quickly as possible. Once inside, she gestures to the couch for Witchgirl to take a seat. Witchgirl sits down and tries to clear her head. “Gosh,” she says. “I feel SO out of it.

“You were out of it. Do you want anything to drink?”

“Water would be fine. Thanks.”

Genna goes to the kitchen and gets two glasses of ice water, then returns to the couch to sit besides Witchgirl, handing her a glass. “Do you remember anything? Did they drug you or something?”

“There were pills...but I didn’t take any. I don’t think anyway.” It was like all of a sudden I just started getting these strange FEELINGS for them.”

“Feelings? Tell me more.”

“I wanted to do what they wanted. I felt submissive and compliant and sort of...”

“What?”

“Sort of what?”

“Well, it was like I had a big crush on them.”

Witchgirl looks at her. Her hand holding the ice water shakes a little. The ice tinkles against the glass. “I’m sorry. I’m just not myself. I don’t know what’s going on.”

“Is this what you were talking about with the Matrix? Stuff carrying over?”

“Yes. Yes, it is. I think I should call Him.”

“That’s a good idea, Laurie. You can do that as soon as we do one other thing. It’s even MORE important.”

Genna gets up from the couch and walks to her bedroom. She returns from her bedroom about a minute later carrying a bag.

“Okay, here we are,” she says, as she reaches into the bag.

“What’s that?” Witchgirl asks.

“The clothes I was telling you about. We need to figure out what stays and what goes. You know how much of a compulsive shopper I can be sometimes.”

Genna opens up the bag and pulls out a light brown dress. “What do you think? I mean, it’s not something I’d wear to work or anything, but...”

Genna tilts her head looking at Laurie, gauging her reaction carefully. “You okay? You seem strangely quiet.”

“Uh...Genna...I thought you were going to call HIM. I thought you were worried. And now you’re trying on clothes?”

“Call Him? About what? And why would I be worried. You said you were okay.”

“I think I’m okay, yes. But now I’m worried about you.”

“Does the dress look that bad? I mean, I’m not the greatest with fashion, that’s why I look to you, even with this whole black leather thing you got going on now.” She looks down at the dress.

“It is horrid, isn’t it?”

“Um, well, it’s so plain,” Witchgirl says. She still feels kind of confused. What was so important just a minute ago?

Genna sighs and then tosses the dress over her head. Witchgirl smiles despite herself. “Yeah. Get rid of that one,” she says.

“How about this?” Genna asks. She pulls out a turquoise tank top with an imprint on it. She holds it against her body and smiles.

“It’s...um...pretty nice.”

“So it’s a keeper?”

“I think so. Yes. It’s kind of sporty.”

Witchgirl is feeling more relaxed. She nods her head and smiles, hands folded on her lap. She feels like the glass of water she has set down on the coffee table: cool and clear.

“Great!” Genna says. “I got a couple of skirts to go with it.”

“Show me one.”

Genna pulls out the first skirt, black and slim, hem just above the knee. “I figured black goes with everything...well, not tp your extreme...”

Witchgirl nods. “I’m...sorry if I wear too much black.”

“That’s okay,” Genna says. “Maybe we’ll change that a little. Add a little color and variety to your wardrobe.”

Witchgirl watches as Genna wiggles into the black skirt.

“How’s this?” Genna asks. “I got another skirt too. It’s just like this one, only in turquoise.”

“Oh. That’s cool. I like it. I like the color turquoise too.”

Genna reaches into the bag and pulls out the other skirt, and switches it with the black one. The new skirt is the same color, but not a direct match.

“That’s nice too,” Witchgirl says. Suddenly, her cell phone rings. Genna stares at it in alarm. Witchgirl reaches for it tentatively and puts it to her ear. “Hello?”

“Status, report, Witchgirl,” a deep voice says.

It is Him. But Him only calls her when she is in the Matrix. And this, this is the REAL world.

“We were attacked by two teenagers, but the situation is under control, Him. What’s up with you? Any more holes you want me to plug in the matrix?”

“There is a serious glitch right in your proximity, Witchgirl. We have constructed a Witchcycle for you outside of the building you’re in now. Feel free to use it.”

“A glitch? In my proximity? But that would mean ”

Genna walks over and presses a button on the phone and it goes dead. “I don’t think it’s very important, Laurie. Why don’t we get back to what we were doing?”

Witchgirl presses a button on the phone, moving in slow motion, her mind in a fog. “I have to call Him back. I have to get help. I have to find out where I am.”

“I KNOW where you are, Laurie,” Genna says. “Why don’t you just ask me? There’s no reason to involve Him with a question that’s so simple.” She touches her cheek and smiles at the befuddled, mind-addled heroine. “He’ll just screw things up, anyway, and spoil our double date.”

Witchgirl presses the third and forth buttons on the phone and then stops, her finger resting lightly against the fifth button. “Double...double...date. What are you talking about?” she asks quietly, as she looks into her friend’s eyes.

Genna slowly takes the cell phone from her. “The date you PROMISED to help me get ready for. God, Laurie, where is your HEAD lately? It’s like your in a DAZE all the time.”

“Oh,” Witchgirl says.

Genna tosses the phone over her shoulder and it flies end over end through the air, hitting the wall and then the floor and splintering into pieces. When it shatters, something else breaks as well-some small hope hidden deep inside Witchgirl-the tenuous hope that she might escape.

CHAPTER 6 FINIS