The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Witch’s Cat

fd / mf / la / mc

Synopsis:

A witch has grand plans for her new slave.

* * *

The conclave of masters and mistresses had all earned their title from being the best witch or warlock of their field. With their knowledge came power, the right to vote on magical affairs and steer the fate of the few magicians in the world. Around half of them were centuries old, their bodies kept young by a potion recipe discovered by the master of flesh. The other half were young upstarts who were talented enough to discover new fields or unseat an old master.

My mistress, the mistress of portals, was one of the old guard. According to her, no one had ever challenged her position because learning portal magic drove everyone else insane. And, with adoration rather than disrespect, I could see that she herself was touched by a bit of madness.

In the conclave gathering, most of the other masters and mistresses wore modern suits that wouldn’t be out of place on a CEO. But mistress wore an outfit that was literally from a costume shop. She wore a storybook conical witch’s hat and her dress was long, plain and black. Under her dress, she wore knee high rainbow-striped socks and ruby red shoes.

She had me dressed up as formally as the apprentices or assistants of the other masters and mistresses but I mocked them a bit more subtly. On my head was a cat ear headband, around my neck was a belled collar and my eyes were permanently bewitched with vertical pupils. Instead of standing behind her with a clipboard or tablet in hand, I sat on the floor beside her with my palms flat on the ground. I was her witch’s cat.

Occasionally, she would pet the top of my head or rub the back of my neck. Her touch would bring so much pleasure that I’d get tunnel vision and forget where I was. I purred a surprisingly catlike purr from an enchanted throat and would wiggle my ass ever so slightly as if to move the tail I didn’t have.

After giving me a few pats on the head, she bent down at me and whispered, “Some of the tight asses are already gnashing their teeth! Ha! And I haven’t even brought out the big guns!”

“I wish I could see, mistress,” I whispered back. Sitting down on the floor blocked my view and I really did want to see everyone else’s reactions. Just like her, I was amused by the idea of pissing off the most powerful witches and warlocks in the world.

“You’ll have your time later, my cat, when the finale comes.” She giggled and rubbed under my chin before she straightened up again to rejoin the discussion.

From my place on the floor I could hear them debate on the secrecy of magic. From what I gathered, around a third of the council were in favor of exposing magic to public and had been pushing the agenda for around a decade. Most of them were part of the old guard and mistress was one of the first to join their faction.

I didn’t get a lot of the references and incidents they spoke of but I knew that despite mistress’ screwing around, she was making a lot of good arguments. I smiled when I realized it must have made my purring all the more infuriating. Nothing could be more annoying than an opponent who also happens to be right. It was annoying too since mistress would randomly giggle at times. It was another small bit of madness that had rubbed into her.

The final points were being made when mistress bent down and whispered, “would you like some milk, my cat?”

Out of excitement, I meowed out loud and my cat’s eyes went straight to the slight bulge of her breasts under her dress. I licked my lips and nodded. Any embarrassment of what would happen next was completely washed away by my anticipation.

She pulled the strap of her dress off her right shoulder and said, “come and get it.”

I leaped off the floor and sat on her lap facing her with my legs around her. With my excitement I could easily have been violent, but she was my mistress and she deserved proper respect. With all the self control I could muster, I took her right breast out of the dress as gently I could. It was huge because of all the milk in it, mistress took a potion that kept her lactating just for me. Her nipple was erect, she was just as excited as I was.

The position was a bit awkward. While mistress was tall, my position on her lap still put my head way above her breasts. But like my eyes and throat, my spine was as catlike as magic could make it. I bent at an angle and my back curved a bit more than a person could manage. One hand hung on to the chair to keep my balance and another reverently lifted up her exposed breast to my lips.

I sucked and the taste on my tongue triggered an involuntary purr. My ass did its slight wiggling again. Mistress ran a hand through my hair and giggled. Time didn’t matter anymore for me. It just became a cycle of sucking, purring and swallowing.

“I’ve had fucking enough!” shouted one of the warlocks. “that bitch is just disrespectful!”

“The mistress of portals,” said another warlock, “is entitled to do what she wants. We all have the same right.”

I was still suckling on mistress with my eyes closed but I could feel a dagger gaze from the first warlock. “Oh, grow up!” said mistress to him after a period of silence.

Her excited breaths made her chest rub against me. I rubbed back with my cheek.

“Look who’s talking,” replied the warlock.

Mistress gently pushed me off she could stand up. Instead of sitting back down on the floor, I stood up beside her. I wanted to see who had insulted her and his reaction when mistress took him apart. A drip of milk dropped from my lip and I wiped it with a finger then sucked it clean.

“A real adult,” said mistress with one breast still hanging out, “wouldn’t give a shit. You wouldn’t let this distract you.” She tweaked her damp and exposed nipple.

“We’re not insane like you! You might be able to ignore our bullshit, but we aren’t crazy enough to ignore yours.”

“Is tolerance really a symptom of mental illness?” she said.

No one answered but I could see that a few of the old guard didn’t look hostile to mistress. I suspected they didn’t speak up for diplomatic reasons. There was no need for them to unnecessarily antagonize anyone.

Mistress turned to me and said, “Come, cat. Let’s get out of this crazy house.”

She went to the fire exit which we used to come in and I followed right behind her. Without facing me, she stretched out her open hand. I took the charcoal from my pocket and gave it to her. As she drew the portal symbol on the door, I turned to look at the other masters and mistresses.

Some were standing up to leave while others were talking amongst themselves. I noticed that a few assistants gave me curious stares then quickly looked away when they noticed my gaze. I couldn’t tell if they looked at me with guilt or pity.

The door clicked open and I turned to see the familiar impenetrable darkness of a portal. Like every spell she did, she always made it look deceptively easy. She held my wrist and pulled me in to our trip home.

It only took a single step for us to go from the coven to the bedroom of mistress’ penthouse. Unlike the other masters and mistresses, she preferred a relatively smaller home. When I once asked her about it, she said that portal magic makes her travel a lot and that she thought of whole world her house. The penthouse, she said, was just her favorite room. It showed. Everything here was a work of art. Even the housekeeper was on display: she was always wearing an elegant gown whenever I saw her.

Now that we were home, I was free to get comfortable. I stripped everything off right except for the collar around my neck (the housekeeper would clean up after me). Then, I got on all fours and went to the bed where mistress had thrown herself. She lay there with her limbs stretched but was still fully dressed.

Like a good cat, I snuggled her side and rested my head on her stomach. I could tell from its rise and fall that she was exhausted. I purred in sympathy and her hand moved to stroke my hair.

To my surprise, she laughed instead of sighing. “Oh cat, I can’t wait to see what they do to get back at me!”

I raised my head in curiosity to look at her smiling face. She wore that smile she always seemed to have. “You’re not angry, mistress?”

“Oh, I am,” she said. “But it’s nice to be angry sometimes. I’m also a bit afraid, but that makes it exciting!”

“You don’t think they can hurt you?”

“There’s a very, very, very small chance,” she said. “And even if they succeed, it’ll be fun too. I haven’t been hurt in a long time.”

I lay my head back down on her stomach, not quite sure what to make of her.

“I still have milk in my other breast,” she said.

My mouth watered at the mere mention of it. I raised by head again, but stared at her left breast instead of her face. “May I?” I asked.

She pulled it out of her dress herself. “Help yourself, cat,” she said.

I shifted forward and started suckling. I could feel her hand sliding on my back as I drank that heavenly nectar. The bell around my neck teased her breast with its metallic coldness.

“Spin around so I can stroke your dick,” she said.

I barely heard her through the haze of pleasure. Without letting her nipple leave my mouth, I rotated and bent my back so her outstretched hand could fondle my dick. Her bed was large enough to accommodate our position.

She stroked me as gently as she had petted me and I felt myself harden even more. I had to stop suckling to meow out loud in pleasure. But as soon as I could, I went back to drinking her milk. Everything was a blur until she was dry.

I wanted to thank my mistress, so I crawled on all fours and stuck my head into her dress. It was dark in there, but my cat’s weren’t just decorative: I could see her pussy clearly enough in the dim light. I started lapping her juices as if it were milk from a bowl. It tasted just as good. I meowed aloud again at the change on flavor.

She didn’t shave down there, but I liked the coarse feeling of hair on my tongue and the way it tickled my nose. When I heard her moan in pleasure, I knew I was being a good pet. To mix things up, I sucked in different places. I tried to lick the insides as well. Her hair tickled the rest of my face and I purred at the sensation.

I knew she came when I felt sudden wetness and shaking. “I want you in me, cat,” she said in a ragged voice.”

I meowed in agreement. I ducked out of her dress and she pulled it up so I could get to her. I looked at her face and it held the widest grin I’ve ever seen. It worried me a bit, but I didn’t want to lose the moment. I penetrated her while she was still hot and thrust in and out of her with a meow during every thrust. The bell rang loudly around my neck.

She came quickly after that and came again and again once more. The irregular squeezing on my cock was getting to me and the last thing I saw before the whiteout took me was that perfect smile on her face.

* * *

“Leon’s an old friend,” said mistress as we prepared to visit the master of flesh. “Before the age of international shipping and the internet, my portals were what supplied him with samples, specimens, tools and writings. Without me, he would never have been able to develop the fountain of youth that sustains us all.”

“So he owes you, mistress? Was he the one who defended you in the conclave?”

“Yes, that was him. But he’s a friend and playmate first and a debtor second. In his time, there were many other magicians who tried their hand at playing with life. I chose to favor him because he was the most fun of them all.”

I didn’t say anything else as I buckled the my collar around my neck. Other than my eyes, it was the only other visible statement of my being her cat. If I dressed normally and put on some shades, no one would notice unless I made a sound or bent my back like an acrobat.

“Do you remember your stay with Leon when he made you a cat?” asked mistress as she drew symbols using lipstick on her bedroom closet.

Memories of deep and lasting pain came back to me. I remembered how my spine and throat felt like they were on fire. Even if my eyes were closed shut, my eyelids couldn’t shield them from painful and blinding light a single dim bulb in the room. And yet, I didn’t make a single move even if I was unrestrained. The master had kept me paralyzed.

“It was painful, mistress,” I answered.

“I know it was. I told Leon to do it that way.”

I couldn’t get angry at her even if I knew I should have been. Instead, the conditioning I received from the mistress of the mind numbed the negative emotion towards my mistress. Only my curiosity came through without being dampened. I was about to ask mistress why but was interrupted when she pulled me into the portal. One step later, we were in the master’s mansion.

The room looked like a Victorian hunter’s trophy room. The walls had preserved animal heads and skulls not from real animals, but from beasts that shouldn’t exist. They were his creations, not his conquests. A cool green fire blazed in a fireplace with two chairs nearby on the carpeted floor. Despite all the weirdness in the room, only one thing caught my entire focus.

In a pile of cushions in front of the two chairs lay a catgirl. Unlike me, the master had gone a bit further with her. She had real cat’s ears at the top of her head and a fuzzy tail that swished around idly. Other than that, she looked as human as I did. Our eyes locked and she let out a high pitched meow.

“I told you Leon had a sense of fun,” said mistress to me.

Mistress skipped over to the catgirl and started petting her. “What a cute kitty!” she said. She giggled at the catgirl’s response.

I was stuck in my spot, too confused and surprised to make a move. The catgirl enjoyed the petting as much as I did. To be honest, I was a bit jealous.

“Do you like her, Camille?” asked the master of flesh from his seat. “You can keep her if you want when I’m done with her. I just want to see how far I can go beyond the limits you gave me.”

“You tempt me, Leon,” said mistress as she tickled the catgirl’s breasts. “But one cat’s enough and she doesn’t have what makes my cat special.”

Mistress looked at me and her smile put me at ease. “Come here, cat. I think she likes you.”

That’s exactly what I feared. A feral instinct within me had started to take over them moment I saw the catgirl. The feeling made it so hard to think. But now, any indecision was cleared up by mistress’ order. I crawled to them until I was face to face with the catgirl. Cat eyes gazed at cat eyes.

She meowed at me and I shivered at the sound. It didn’t mean anything, it wasn’t some cat language. And yet, I could sense that it was a greeting. I meowed back at her and I could see she felt the same way. She smiled at me and I could see she had the cutest set of feline fangs.

“You two kitties have fun now,” said mistress. She left us and sat on the chair beside the master.

We explored one another freely. The catgirl rang my bell with a finger. I gripped her tail and felt its fuzziness. She did the same to my dick. We licked each other then kissed.

“You were saying your cat was special?” asked the master to my mistress. They were talking about me! I reluctantly left the catgirl and lay on my stomach to face mistress as she talked. The catgirl got on top of me, not wanting to leave.

“Remember the pain you gave him?” she asked back.

“Of course. I wouldn’t dream of deep modification without knocking out my subject. The torture’s just inhumane!” The master poured her a glass of wine without asking her.

Mistress raised her glass and took a sip. “While you were too busy with his flesh, I watched his mind. He coped with it as I expected. He found what solace he could in that sea of pain.”

“So you have a masochist cat on your hands. Big deal.”

“No, it wasn’t that, the coping mechanism was something between enjoyment and endurance. Acceptance would be the word, I think. If I’m right, it’s the same way I handled the portals back then.”

“Good god, Camille. You think he can be a portal warlock? How’d you know before you used me to test him?” The master turned to look and me and I meowed back in return while the catgirl nibbled on my ear. The slight piercing feeling or her fangs made it feel so much better. I wanted to hear more of their conversation but the catgirl’s warmth made it hard for me to think.

“When I found him, he was in pain as well, trapped in a love triangle he could never win. But even if he could never get the girl, he turned his heartache into something bittersweet that he could appreciate.”

Muddled memories dredged up a name and a feeling. Teri. Love. Then, the catgirl started humping my leg and the memories faded. There was only the present now.

She was moist and hot and I wanted nothing more than to get inside of her. I pushed off the ground and she slid off me, landing on her side with a meow. The spot on my thigh where she ground her pussy still burned with her heat. I moved sideways to push her on her back then stood on all fours over her.

I entered her, missionary style and both of us meowed in pleasure. Her tail curled under my balls, tickling it as it swished on my back. It felt so good, but something was wrong. This wasn’t how cats did it. I stopped my pumping and looked over while she begged me to continue with her meows.

Then, it came to me. I meowed and tried to move her into position. In her haze of lust, she was uncooperative. She kept trying to pull me back. I was forced to speak out. “On your back. We need to do it from behind.”

She obeyed and got on all fours. Her tail moved excitedly as I mounted her. She was shaky as she supported my weight while I penetrated her. We both meowed in pleasure again, and her tail curled to tickle my nipples.

Her arms collapsed when she couldn’t hold herself up anymore. I looked down on her face as her head lay sideways on the floor. Her eyes were as wide open as her wailing mouth. I regained my balance quickly and continued fucking.

We came together and her legs slid down, bringing me down on top of her. Our bodies caressed one another as we shook and took deep breaths. I put my arms under her and hugged her while nibbling on a cat ear. Her tail swished around my legs.

By now, my senses had returned enough for me to eavesdrop on the rest of conversation while we cuddled.

“I’ve heard rumors, Camille,” said the master of flesh. “They plan to strip you of your position by proving portal magic’s obsolete.

Mistress laughed. “Ha! And I thought nothing could be stupider than Salem.”

“They have a minor point though,” said the master with abrupt seriousness. “With modern transportation, we don’t need portals as much. I know your portals have an immediacy and secrecy that current technology can’t match but you had better cover all your bases. While they can’t possibly succeed, it could weaken your position a few decades down the line. Who knows what the inventors could make.”

Mistress thought for a moment then laughed out loud. “I can’t wait! I’ve already got the irony planned out. By the time the debate’s over, portal magic will be so hot that asylums will fill up with the failed attempts.”

The master raised an eyebrow. “Go on,” he said.

“You’ll hear it at the conclave. I like the surprised expression on your face more when the suspense has built up.”

“You’re always the tease.”

“Oh, I’ll show you teasing!” Mistress turned to us cats and said, “hey kitties, would you like some milk?”

We both crawled to her feet and meowed at her in longing. When she exposed her breasts, we fought to get on her lap and suckle. I pushed the catgirl off the chair, but she pulled be down before I could get on mistress’ lap. We wrestled on the floor while making angry cat sounds until mistress laughed and stood up on the chair.

“Please, there’s enough for both of you.” She jumped over us and lay down on the cushions where we played. Two pert nipples stood in the air, one for each of us. We crawled over to her, the catgirl had the left breast and I had the right. Mistress giggled at the first touch then petted us as we fed.

She continued her conversation with the master, but I heard none of that as my world focused down on the nipple and the milk.

* * *

To the untrained eye, mistress’ bedroom looked like a mess. A vase of tulips stood in a corner instead of on the table. A trail of dust and lint half encircled the bed. Pillows were piled up in pyramids around the room.

Now, after months of apprenticeship, I could appreciate what mistress had pulled off. The arrangements were all part of a secrecy spell and a testament to mistress’ skill. She could improvise components from whatever was available, unlike some magicians who would have just sprinkled salt from the kitchen to do this spell.

We talked under the sheets like children awake after bedtime. We did it not because it was part of the spell but just because she wanted to. It was more fun that way.

“Like every roadtrip,” she whispered, “the secret to portal magic is the ride, not the destination. To the passengers, it seems instantaneous. But to the portal caster, the first trip seems a year or more while you don’t know all the tricks to speed up your journey.”

She paused so the weight of it all would sink in.

“The journey isn’t exciting or interesting. It’s more like solitary confinement and sensory deprivation combined. You can’t sleep or zone out, you stay conscious the whole time. Once you add the fact that people don’t know when the trip will end or even if it’ll end at all and you’ll see why magicians go crazy by the time they exit.”

The thought of mistress going through that filled me with empathy. I hugged her without warning. “Oh mistress,” I said. “It must have been horrible for you.”

“I survived,” she said then giggled at some memory before continuing. “And I think you can, too. You’ll need it since I can’t teach you how to navigate. It can only be learned by being there yourself.”

Knowing how long she’s lived, I knew she must have tried to teach others in the past. It must have been frustrating and lonely, being the only person who understood the magic.

Despite her faith in me, I didn’t want to go. I didn’t want to face the possibility of being too crazy to be able to appreciate mistress. But, I didn’t tell her that. I knew what she had in store for me and I was obedient.

She pushed my embrace away and said, “Now, this is how you open a portal...”

The next day, I opened my first portal.

* * *

I stepped out of the doorway and returned to the real world. For the first time in years (was it really that long?) I could feel the pull of gravity on my body, the presence of air in my lungs, the warmth of the light through the window, the sight of mistress smiling at me, the...

There was just so much to take in! The only thing I could do was laugh. The sensations laughing brought were more overwhelming than passively standing there. I fell to the ground as the laughter denied me breath and a pain hit my side from laughing so violently. I enjoyed every bit of it, even the pain. The real world was so much better, so much more fun than the limbo I had just escaped.

Mistress knelt down to look at me and said something. I was so excited that it’s meaning escaped me. All I could comprehend was the beauty of her voice. I just looked at her and grinned wide between laughs. She said something again, but no meaning still came.

Eventually, my laughter died down enough for me to breathe normally and all that remained was the occasional giggle. When I found that I could move, I darted around the room and grabbed whatever came in reach. I picked up a chair, spun around and threw it. It’s weight and solidity were so cool! I saw a vase full of flowers on the desk and stuffed the flowers in my mouth while I squatted on the table. The bitterness was delicious!

I was about to get close to a wall socket when mistress pulled me back. She said something to me that I just laughed at then made for the socket again. This time, she pulled me more violently and directed my gaze to the bed. It looked so soft! I forgot about the socket, jumped on the bed and played with the pillows.

I spent the entire day in that bedroom, pulling pages out of books, tasting the floor and breaking glassware. I giggled sporadically the whole time and mistress never left my side. I was quite tired when sunlight no longer beamed through the window and mistress took my wrist and led me out of her bedroom.

I was astounded to discover/remember the living room. The real world was so big! The fatigue was replaced by renewed enthusiasm when I saw new furniture and I struggled against mistress’ grip. She said something again that didn’t make any sense, though I appreciated her voice as always. I think I repeated what she said and the words felt good on my tongue.

Mistress dragged me to the dining room and pushed my face down to a bowl on the floor. Out of instinct, I started eating messily. Sating my hunger felt so good that I was single-minded for the first time that day.

When I finished, my face was stained with sauce but I liked the sticky feel of it. I spread it around my face before exploring the dining room. I saw mistress eating with a fork and knife. It looked fun, so I got on the table and tried to take her utensils from her. He smiled and said something again while pointing somewhere else. I followed her gesture and saw the housekeeper standing at attention at one end of the table.

Mistress pushed me towards her and I followed her shove. From my spot on the table, I ran towards the housekeeper and pounced on her. Her reflexes were good and she dodged my pounce. It looked like she was about to run, but mistress said something and she just stood there for me. From there, I stood up and explored her body with my hands. She was so soft, especially her breasts. I tasted her too and she was yummy.

A vague memory returned to me and I found myself ripping her top apart to expose her breasts. I put my lips to a nipple and sucked, but was surprised when nothing happened. I tried the other nipple and got nothing. Oh well.

I then realized that I was hard so I touched myself. My touch felt good, so I kept touching myself. After a few more strokes, I tried rubbing myself on the housekeeper’s dress. I felt even better! I humped her a bit more with my arms around her and my tongue exploring her face.

Another vague memory beckoned and my hand crept under her dress to take her panties off. When I found none, my hand took advantage of it and played with her. It was nice how her pussy was moist, smooth and, squishy. I placed that hand to my nostrils and sniffed it before tasting it. I wanted more.

My hand moved back down between her legs when she said something and pulled me down to the floor. She hiked up her dress and guided me inside of her. What came next was natural instinct I could never forget. I frantically rammed myself in and out of her and she closed her eyes and bit her lip in response.

I didn’t hold myself back. I came fast into her without even giving her the chance to follow. As I stiffened, a stream of saliva left my mouth and fell down on her bare chest. I collapsed on her while my dick softened inside of her and she whimpered at not being able to come. In frustration, she tried to masturbate herself while I lay on her.

I giggled as an idea came to me. I unsheathed my dick out of her then crawled backwards so that her pussy was right in front of me. Her hands had already taken the place of my dick and were frantically trying to bring her over the edge. I pushed her fingers away with my nose and tongue then started to lick and suck her down there. She showed some hesitation, but eventually brought her hands back when she realized what I was doing.

The taste of my semen and the bareness or her pussy were new experiences to me. The real world was full of surprises, I couldn’t contain my excitement at all the things I haven’t tasted or felt yet. Nothing disgusted me anymore, I’d put anything in my mouth.

She buckled, shook and moaned and I knew I had pleased her. Her orgasm refilled the wetness of her pussy, so I continued drinking as she lay back and recovered.

Mistress pulled me off her and said something to me then to the housekeeper. With a firm grip, she led me to the living room and set me free there. Like the bedroom, I trashed the place for the whole night while mistress watched. The sun was already rising when I was exhausted from tearing open a TV, dancing to music and breaking expensive furniture. I think I even pissed and shit in a corner like some animal.

I yawned and mistress led me back to the bedroom. The place was cleaned up and I thought of the housekeeper and what I wanted to do with her body. I was about to turn around and look for her when mistress pulled me to the bed. The softness and smoothness of the sheets felt good on my tired muscles. I curled up as much as my feline spine would allow and hugged a pillow. My eyes closed on their own and I drifted off without even noticing.

Oh wow, dreams were so awesome!

* * *

“Good morning, cat,” said mistress the moment I uncurled and opened my eyes.

The meaning of words was so cool! I wondered how I had missed it yesterday. I replied to her with a pause between each word to appreciate it and the one that came after it. “Good! Morning! Mistress! Wow! This! Is! So! Cool!”

“It’s nice to see you’re coming back. You just have to get everything out of your system and you’ll be fine.”

I understood the words, but didn’t quite see the importance of it yet. I was sure it would come, though, so I did what she said and got it all out. For the next half hour or so, I just said whatever words came to my mind, jumping from one word to another by following their associations.

When I stopped because my throat was raw, mistress petted me and said, “fell better now?”

I gave her and enthusiastic nod and smiled. I liked how my throat felt even if it made talking hard.

“Then let’s go eat breakfast!” she said.

I saw the moon through the window and asked, “but mistress, breakfast is for morning.”

“You just woke up, so it still counts.”

I laughed at the simple concept of breakfast as the first meal of the day rather than the meal in the morning. The world was so complicated, so interesting. That made it so fun!

I raced to the dining room and, to my surprise, mistress raced with me. When she used a spell to harmlessly push me into the couch, I was just laughed again and followed her. I vowed to win the next race.

“Your mind’s clear enough to use utensils, right?” she asked.

“Of course it is!” I said. I wasn’t so sure, but I didn’t want to pass up the opportunity to play with a knife and fork.

Mistress nodded and the housekeeper moved in from behind me and placed a knife and fork on my plate. For my safety, the knife was the bluntest one in the kitchen.

“Hey,” I said to the housekeeper. “The fucking was nice. Wanna do it again later?” I looked up at her in time to see her blush.

It was mistress who replied. “Maybe later, cat.”

“Can I try your pussy, mistress?” I asked. It was funny that I was one of mistress’ pussies because the word had two meanings. I laughed out loud at the internal joke. Finally, I knew why mistress would burst into laughter at random moments.

“I know how you feel like right now, cat. But remember that I’m your mistress and you’re my pet. Treat me with respect.”

While her scolding hit me with a deep guilt, the negative feeling of it was dampened by my euphoria. I didn’t feel bad, I just had less fun than before. Respecting mistress and being obedient was a lot more fun, so I decided to do just that. “I’m sorry, mistress,” I said.

“Apology accepted, cat. Now, eat.”

I obeyed, and ate my unbelievably delicious breakfast.

“I understand where you’re coming from,” said mistress. “I still remember everything I did after my first portal trip. I was just like you. Of course, I didn’t have anyone there for me. All I had were slave servants who kept me out of trouble while I recovered.”

“I’m glad to have you, mistress,” I said.

“And now you know how I feel,” she continued. “The world is a great place, isn’t it? The slightest sensations are beautiful and worthwhile. Nothing can make you feel bad, not the scolding I just gave you or even the feeling of dying. Every moment is a reason to smile since you’re right here instead of in the space between portals.”

It was only in that moment when I truly understood my mistress. My old self thought she just had the extreme optimism and confidence of a madwoman. But now, I knew she was the sanest person alive. Everyone else was in love with a part of the world, what they thought the world was or what they thought it should be. She was in love with what the world really was. And now, so was I.

“Enjoy this while you can, cat. Once you’ve had your fill, you’ll go through another portal. You’ll do it again and again and again until you can do it like I do. Until the trip never takes longer than what seems to be a few hours.” Mistress laughed. “Are you afraid?”

This time, fear was the emotion dulled by my euphoria. “Even if the next trip drove me crazy,” I said. “I think being crazy would be lots of fun.”

“Yes,” she agreed. “A crazy cat would be nice to have too. But for now, let’s enjoy your sanity.”

I felt leather around my neck as the housekeeper buckled my cat collar around my neck. The tinkle of the bell was music to my ears and the leather felt right on my neck. I meowed at mistress when it was secure, ready for whatever adventure she had in store for us.

* * *

Epilogue

Mistress placed a nondescript rock in the middle of the table. To the naked eye, nothing was out of the ordinary. It was just a rock. But the conclave gasped when they sensed the way it pushed and pulled at the magical flow of the room. Their eyes widened as they reflexively thought of all the new spells that could be done with the unique stone. Most of them had never seen anything like it and those who had were hard pressed to recognize where they did.

This time, I stood up behind mistress like all the other apprentices and assistants and I saw the recognition on the master of flesh’s face when he solved the riddle. He laughed out loud and drew stares from the rest of the conclave. “It’s a moon rock,” he said. “I’ve seen one in a museum.”

“And before you ask where I stole it,” said mistress quickly, “I didn’t. I picked it up yesterday, on the moon.”

That was my cue. I meowed out loud to get their attention, took the other rock from my pocket and unwrapped it from the foil and crayon wrapper that dampened its natural magic field. I tossed the rock on the table and I could see the surprise in everyone else’s eyes.

“That one’s from Mars,” I said. “I got it myself.”

Other than my collar, mistress and I didn’t wear any ridiculous outfit this time. I wondered if it made it easier or harder for them to take us seriously. I laughed at the thought.

“That’s all we have to say,” said mistress when no one made a comment.

She sat down. There was no need to say more. It was more fun, we decided, if we let them imagine the rest of our argument. Let them figure out how valuable our portals would be to them.

Mistress and I looked at each other as the conclave conferred. My cheshire grin mirrored the one on her face.

* * *