The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Xanadu: Redux

by J. Darksong

* * *

Chapter 7: Mistakes

“Have a good day at work, honey,” Eugene said to Lacie, leaning over to kiss her lightly on the cheek as she hurried out the door. He sighed softly as the door closed behind him, shaking his head. Sitting down at the breakfast table, he drank from his coffee mug, and closed his eyes, thinking. Something was wrong. He knew it. He felt it. But for the life of him, he couldn’t figure out what it was.

I just don’t know, he thought to himself for the thousandth time. Ever since spring break ended, Lacie’s been just so... distant. No, more than that... she’s cold. It’s like she’s going through the motions, like she’s just playing a role... as if the real her has been replaced by a robot duplicate or something.

To be fair, he had to admit that his suspicions came from feelings of neglect. After they’d talked about her shutting herself away to work on grading papers during the break, she’d promised to spend more time with him and the kids. And to her credit, she’d done just that. Despite her work load, Lacie had been the perfectly attentive mother and devoted wife.

But devoted didn’t necessarily mean loving.

For the past two weeks, Lacie had come up with an excuse of some kind to keep her distance from him in the bed. At first, it was the need to catch up on some extra work. Then she had a terrible migraine headache. Then she was just too tired. THEN she just knew she was coming down with the flu, and insisted on sleeping in the downstairs guest room to keep from getting him sick.

I’m don’t claim to be a bloody genius or anything, he thought furiously, remembering last night’s excuse, that it was her ‘time of the month’ but I know when I’m being snowballed. Once or twice might be a coincidence, but fifteen days in a row?

And, it’s not like I’m a sex hound or anything. I mean, yes, I enjoy sex. And until recently, so did Lacie! It’s not unreasonable to expect my wife to want to fuck now and then in the privacy of our own bedroom!

He drank more of the coffee, then held the mug up underneath his chin, inhaling the aroma. He had another suspicion, a terrible one, that he had avoided thinking about, one that even not he couldn’t quite make himself believe. Sunday night, the day before classes resumed, he’d woken up in the middle of the night. A quick glance to his side showed that he was in bed alone. He’d glanced at the clock—3:13 AM—and had just slipped out of bed to see what was going on when Lacie slipped into the room, yawning, saying that she was finally done and going to bed. He’d followed suit, slipping back into bed as well, and finally drifted back to sleep next to her. It wasn’t until the next morning that he remembered what had woken him up in the first place...

The sound of a car door slamming shut.

Maybe she just ran to the corner store... to get a late night snack, he reasoned. She does that once in a while, when she has a craving for chocolate, or ice cream. Besides... I was dead asleep at the time. I can’t be entirely sure of what I heard.

Doubts swirled about in the back of his mind, but Eugene kept them there, with force of will. He loved his wife, loved Lacie completely and utterly. He couldn’t suspect her of cheating on him. Wouldn’t. He flatly refused to even consider the possibility. But like any good scientist, he couldn’t make himself discount that possibility either.

Sighing once more, he took another drink, winced, then lowered his mug back to the table. The coffee had grown cold in the time he’d spent musing. Rising to his feet, he left the kitchen and made his way back upstairs. It was nearly time to get Jimmy dressed for kindergarten.

* * *

Lacie felt conflicted.

Driving to work at the early hours of the morning, she usually felt free to relax, to drift, to let her mind wander free while her body drove along on autopilot. She’d usually reflect on the night before, thinking back on her husband’s lovemaking, or on how Jimmy was doing in kindergarten, or on how fast Katie Ann seemed to be growing up... pleasant thoughts of her family that usually left her pleasantly cheerful and ready for her day of teaching.

Or, rather, it used to.

Ever since her eyes (and consequently, her mind) had been opened, once she had been shown her true Purpose In Life by her Master, she’d felt a deep uneasiness within herself. Of course, she was completely Pete Reiley’s devoted slave and love-thrall. In that there was no confusion at all. She LIVED to please Him, in whatever manner He desired of her, whether it was with her body, her mouth, her pussy, her ass... Lacie shuddered lightly, feeling herself moisten at the mere thought.

Yes, life should have been perfect—serving her Master’s pleasure, helping Him with His mysterious ‘plan’, whatever it was, and providing Him the financial wealth He required (though the latter was harder than the rest, coming up with reasonable excuses for the withdrawals to allay Gene’s suspicions) gave her a sense of fulfillment she’d never even imagined before. And yet... throughout it all, there was an unshakable feeling of despair in the very core of her being that not even the most potent pleasure of cumming her brains out on Master’s cock could banish.

Indeed, the more she served her beloved Master, the stronger the feeling grew within her. At first she’d thought it was merely guilt, lingering feelings of loyalty and devotion to her husband, the man who had once been the center of her universe. She’d mentioned her feelings to Pete, and at first He’d laughed, reminding her of what a stupid bitch she’d been to Him before He’d ‘awakened’ her. He’d been happy to let her suffer with the guilt, as she herself knew she deserved to. But, eventually, He’d decided to show mercy. He’d helped her to understand that her family no longer meant anything to her, that they were nothing more than a necessary part of her attempt to appear ‘normal’ to public in general and to keep the facade going a little longer until he was truly ready to take full control of the University. With the emotional attachment broken, she’d expected the void within to be filled, to be replaced completely by her overwhelming love for her Master. Instead, it had grown even more.

Thinking that her Master, still displeased with her and wanting her to suffer more, had only pretended to fix things, but when He noticed and asked her why she was acting so unhappy, He was completely at a loss to explain it.

It just doesn’t make sense, she thought dismally. Eugene Frasier is not important to me even in the slightest. His money is important, important to keeping Master in the kind of luxury He so richly deserves. The children... Jimmy and Katie Ann are darling, and cute, and once upon a time they’d meant the world to me... but they’re not important either. If, one day, Master chooses to allow me to carry His seed, then THOSE children will be worthy of love and care... but until that day, my time spent with those OTHER two children is just practice, nothing more. I know this. I BELIEVE this. And yet... yet, it feels like a mistake... it just feels so wrong inside.

She shook her head, gritting her teeth. “No. I’m not going there. I refuse to doubt Master’s words. My life is all about serving Him, pleasing Him. I owe no loyalty to my family. I owe them NOTHING! The only reason I even return to them day after day is because Master wishes me to keep up appearances! I flat out REFUSE to doubt my Master in any of this. If there’s some kind of problem with me, it’s MY problem to deal with!”

She drove on in silence, staring out through the windshield at the road before her, willing the storm inside her mind to still, Master she thought, focusing on His face, remembering His voice, His touch... and eventually she calmed, her unease fading back into the background again, where it could be ignore. Master she thought again, sighing in contentment.

Thank You, Master. Even when You’re not here, You still comfort and keep me.

* * *

Pete Reiley whistled softly as he made his way across the street back to his off-campus apartment. It was early morning, just a little after sunrise, and he was just returning home, but that was perfectly fine. He smiled as he climbed the stairs leading to the front door of the building. Sandy and Julie would be there, still awake, waiting to welcome him home.

Not I’m in much shape to do more than snuggle up with them and fall asleep, he thought with satisfaction. Fucking the entire cheerleading squad in one night was a good idea in theory, but in the actual application I bit off a bit more than I could chew. Oh well. Live and learn.

“Hey. Reiley.”

Pete turned, hearing his name called. A tall form slid from the shadows of the alleyway between the buildings, and Pete bit back a laugh at the sight. “Oh. Hi, George. What are you doing up so early in the morning?” He gestured to his clothes. “Out doing a little early morning jogging?”

“Shut up!” George squealed. He took a step forward, staggering, reaching out to the side of the building to steady himself. “You think this is fucking funny? You... you shit. You fucking shit. You... you ruined my life!”

Indeed, the former star quarterback did indeed look much the worse for wear. Wearing a greasy, dirt-stained green jogging suit at least two sizes too big for him, a filthy, stained stocking cap, and a pair of worn-out, ratty-looking sneakers, he looked every bit the homeless drifter. His cheeks were hollow and thin from the lack of good food, and his eyes were bloodshot and red from lack of sleep. A week’s worth of stubble clung stubbornly to his chin, along with several splatters of a dried white crusting substance that Pete suspected was cum.

“You... did this to me!” George rasped again, moving to the foot of the steps. He shuddered, barely suppressing a sob. He closed his eyes, taking a steadying breath, then continued. “You did something to me... to all of us, with those damned CD’s you created. For a while, everything was good. We were actually learning stuff in school. It was easy. Everything that used to be so fucking hard to remember just stuck now, like our brains had been filled with Velcro. You made us smarter... not geniuses or anything, but smarted than the dumb jocks we’d always been before.” He glared hard at Pete. “And... you made me fucking smart enough to realize what else was happening to us.”

Pete sighed. “Yeah. I thought it would be only fitting that of the four of you, only you would figure out what was really going on. What can I say? I have a thing for irony. And karma.”

“KARMA?” George squealed again, shaking slightly. “You turned us into fucking faggots—” at which point Pete chuckled, noting the choice of words. “Dammit! It’s not funny! We were in the shower after football practice when your shit kicked in. I’m standing under the water, washing myself, and the next thing I know, I’ve got Ken slurping on my wang, and my hands are going full speed jerking him off!” Pete winced slightly, trying in vain to banish the image from mind. “It’s like we were in a fog, unable to control ourselves...” He glared back up at Pete. “You can guess how the rest of the football team reacted to our little impromptu sex show.”

Pete didn’t have to guess. He, and most of the rest of the University, had heard about it the next day. Stunned, appalled by their actions, the other football players rushed in, beating the shit out of the two ‘lovers’ until the coach finally managed to break it up. Word spread like wildfire through the entire school; for the first time in his life, George knew what it felt like to be ostracized and ridiculed. He and Ken, then later Bill and Jim, were all kicked off the team—not for being gay, of course, but for ‘performing lewd and obscene sexual acts in full view of other persons on University property’. Worse yet, his father Jack heard of the incident, and drove the five-and-a-half hour drive down to deal with his son personally.

Or rather, publicly. Not content to wait until they were someplace private, his father began yelling and screaming, berating his ‘faggot’ son in the middle of the Quad in front of a group of passerbys. The shouting match escalated to a knock-down drag-out brawl which only ended abruptly when campus security arrived, forcing the irate father to leave the premises.

“My family disowned me,” George continued, deflating again. “My mother, my father... my sisters and my little brother... no one will talk to me. We... I came from a good family. My uncle’s a senator, with aspirations for the presidency some day. Of course they had to distance themselves from me, their son, the disgusting cocksucker!” He laughed, shaking his head. “They cut me off financially. Everything, including my schooling. I went to my dorm room one day to find all my stuff, packed up and waiting for me downstairs by the front door. I had nowhere to go. The other guys from the team, my so-called ‘friends’ wanted nothing to do with me. As for my real friends, Ken, Bill, and Jim... they were all too busy dealing with their own shit.”

Pete shrugged. “So, I take it you’re not exactly happy about the way things turned out then? Well, tough shit. Deal with it. I took abuse from you and those fucking pricks since the first day I came to this school! You’ve done everything from make fun of me and insult me, to physically kicking my ass—and I never did a goddamn thing to deserve any of it!” He took a breath to calm himself down, then smiled again. “So, I decided a little payback was in order.”

“Payback?” George squealed, descending into a hacking cough that shook his whole body. “Payback... you call THIS payback? I teased you! I slugged you a few times. LOOK AT ME! I’ve been living on the street now for two weeks! Thanks to you, I’ve been eating out of garbage cans and giving blowjobs in the alleyway” he said, shuddering slightly in memory, “just to get enough money to survive! You call this payback?!?”

“Call it payback, with interest,” Pete grinned, turning back to the door. “Enjoy the rest of your life, asshole.”

“Hold it!” George yelled, pulling out a surprise. Pete turned, momentarily stunned as the former all-star pulled a .45 handgun from his pocket. “You... you’re going to fix it. You’re going to take all of this... this SHIT... out of my head. You’re going to help me...” he said, cocking the gun, and pointing it at Pete’s chest, “or by God I’ll fucking shoot you!”

Pete took a moment to recollect himself. “Go ahead and try. We both know you can’t pull the trigger. You can’t hurt me at all. That was one of the first things I put in the program that’s running inside your head.” He smirked evilly. “If you could have hurt me, you would have kicked my ass the day after you got kicked off the team, when you came here.” His smile widened as he saw George’s reaction. “Didn’t think I noticed you waiting behind the door, just inside the building that night? Yeah, I saw you... but you didn’t do anything, so I didn’t say anything either.”

“Fuck,” George said, lowering the gun, defeated. He’d made a mistake. He’d been bluffing, hoping to scare Reiley into cooperating to save his skin. He’d reduced himself to a cocksucking whore, selling sex on the street, just to get enough money for the gun, but just like the night he’s hidden behind the door in front of Pete’s apartment, he found himself unable to attack his nemesis. The anger and rage was still there, seething just below the surface, but the subliminal programming had rendered him unable to act on it. And now, instead of dropping to his knees and begging, he’d reverted to his normal way of dealing with his problems: bullying.

“Alright, then. Move along,” Pete said, dismissively. “This is a good neighborhood, and I don’t want any of my neighbors seeing me talking to a bum. Beat it, before I call the cops.” He laughed, maliciously. “Of course, that might not be a bad idea. If they catch you here, with that gun, they’ll haul you off to prison. And you know what happens in prison, don’t you? You’ll probably enjoy the anal raping part... just make sure the guy whose bitch you become is strong enough to protect you from the rest of your cellmates.” With a final chuckle, entered the building, closing the door behind him.

George Edwards, former all-star Quarterback, once an NFL hopeful, and a man with a bright future ahead of him, let out a mournful cry as his last chance to reclaim his former life slipped away. He dropped to his knees on the sidewalk and sobbed.

* * *

“Ah, hello again, Mrs. Frasier.”

Lacie turned, pulled out of her musings at the sound of her name. She smiled warmly, waving to Dr. David Thorn approached her. “Well, well. Nice to see you again, stranger!” he said with a grin. “If I didn’t know better, I’d think you’d been avoiding me.”

“Nothing of the sort, Dr. Thorne,” Lacie assured him with a grin. “I’ve just been rather busy these past few days. I’ve got a pretty heavy work load at the moment, and things are a bit... hectic.”

“Not too stressful, I trust?” Thorn asked, glancing at her with concern.

She laughed. “No, no, nothing like before. Believe me, Doctor, when I start to feel frazzle again, you’ll be the first one to know.”

“Good, good,” Thorn said, softly. “So, how is everything going at home? Your husband... um... what’s his name? Ah, Eugene... he’s still doing alright being the stay-at-home parent these days?”

Lacie’s smile froze a bit at the mention of her family, but kept her mask of serenity in place. “Oh, he’s come a long way, actually. He’s doing a great job, and aside from the time he had to have entire house repainted, there haven’t been any major incidents.”

“Had the... whole house... repainted?” Thorn asked, confused.

Lacie chuckled. “It’s a long story. Suffice it to say, he learned to be a bit more careful about what he lets Katie Ann play with.” She nodded to a couple of students that waved to her as they passed by. “So, what brings you out to the Quad at this time of the day? Are you done for the day?”

“Heh. I wish. I still have one more lecture to give tonight—a two hour course on Criminal Psychology. No, I’m just on my way to the SUB to get a few AV supplies for the presentation. What about you?”

“I have one more class as well, but I needed to drop off a few things to a few colleagues.” Reaching into her bag, she took out a Jewel Case. “Oh, and speaking of which, I wanted to give you this. After using your relaxation program, I came up with a version of my own. I was wondering if you’d look it over, and give me your critique.”

Thorne took the CD case, and smiled. “Of course, my dear. I’d be glad to. Well, I’d better be running along. Promise me that you’ll stop by my office again when you have a moment.”

Lacie nodded. “Of course. Talk to you later.”

Watching as he walked away, Lacie sighed in relief. One more checked off my list, she thought with pride. That leaves only three more CDs to drop off, and the entire staff will have been exposed to Master’s subliminals. I almost feel bad for deceiving David, though, after everything he did to help me manage my stress over spring break. Still... He said No Exceptions. She forced a smile back onto her face as she made her way back towards the science building. Besides, Dr. Thorne and everyone else will be better off serving the Master like I do. It’s for the best.

* * *

Dr. Thorne whistled softly under his breath as he entered the Student Union Building, glancing leisurely behind him to see if he was being followed. Taking a sudden left, he entered the men’s restroom. Checking the stalls to be sure they were empty, he walked over to the trashcan. He slid the CD out of its jewel case, glancing a moment at the shining silver disc before gripping it tightly in both hands. With a simple twist, he shattered the disc, breaking it in two, then twice again, discarding the broken pieces into the waste can.

Looks like someone has decided to make a power play for control of the University, he mused to himself, washing his hands under the sink. All the signs are there. He was acting slowly and carefully at first, but apparently he’s either grown impatient, or just plain sloppy. Heh. Probably both. Trying to use the same subliminal technology on me that I invented? Hmph. Big mistake. I may have turned a blind eye while he had his fun, but I certainly don’t intend to just sit by and let this latest indignity go unchallenged!

Drying his hands, straightening his clothes, Dr. David Thorne left the washroom and headed back to his office.

* * *

“I’m telling you, there has to be some kind of mistake!” Gene shouted angrily over the phone. The person on the other line replied, speaking in that annoyingly calm placating voice of a subordinate who had nothing to do with the whatever had the caller angry, but wasn’t allowed to simply tell the caller off. Gene listened intensely for a few more minutes, biting his lip in his frustration. “Okay. Alright. I understand what you’re telling me. Now, I need YOU to understand what I’m telling YOU. I have a multimillion dollar portfolio. I have bank accounts all over the world. I’m not some Joe Schmoe off the street that forgot to make his monthly payment on his credit cards. I—” listened again for a moment as the caller broke in “—its a goddamn Platinum Card for goodness sake! It’s CAN’T be declined!”

Stomping his way into his study, he switched on his computer. “I’ll have you know that I keep very good financial records. The most expensive thing I’ve paid for this past year was a birthday party for my daughter.” Scrolling down the list of recent purchases, he frowned. “I’m staring at the file right now, and already I see a problem. Just this past week, I’m showing charges for airfare to the French Riviera, limousine service, hotel rental... and I haven’t been out of the country! All of my credit cards were insured against fraudulent spending; you’re damn well supposed to call me to verify anytime you show any anomalies spending on my cards.” He nodded in satisfaction at the caller’s reply. “Aye, I certainly WILL hold on while you switch me over to your supervisor!”

Eugene scrolled further down the list of charges listed to his account, listening to the hold music while waiting for the supervisor to come on. The sound of a car door closing outside caught his attention, and moving to the window, he waved his father-in-law in. “Hey, come on in. Thanks for picking up Jimmy from school, Da. I’m still on the phone right now, they have me on hold righ—yes, I’m here.” Moving back to his computer, he sat down. “Okay. As I explained to your operator, I... uh-huh... uh-huh... yes, but... uh-huh. Listen, that’s all very well and good, but the fact remains that I havenae been out of the country this year, nor have I made any major purchases. The fees I pay in insurance are set up to keep fraudulent charges like this from being charged to my card. Yer supposed to call me to get authorization before clearing any strange of unusual purchases—I knew, because ye used to call me every five minutes when I first got the damned card! So why... wh... what?”

Gene dropped heavily into his chair as the house’s front door opened. “You say, you DID call?” he asked again, disbelieving. “For the first three purchases out of the country? I see... and she authorized everything?” He shook his head in disbelief. “No, no... that’s not necessary. I... but... yes, she IS on the account, and she able to confirm any purchases, but... yes, yes, I see. I understand. Well, thank you for your time. Sorry to have bothered you.” He clicked off his cell, and sat there, stunned, staring at his computer screen.

“Hey, dad! We’re back!” Jimmy yelled, running over and hugging his father. “Grandpa let me pick out a video game while we were at the store. Can I play it now? Can I?”

Gene, still stunned, nodded. “Go ahead, son, You have fun with that.”

“Really? Alright! Thanks dad!” The little boy ran down the hallway, nearing running into his grandad, heading towards his bedroom without a backward glance. The elder man chuckled softly.

“Well, that’s unusual,” he commented, stepping inside the room. “You’re usually a bit stricter about making him finish his studies before letting him play.” Frowning, he glanced down at his son-in-law with concern. “Eugene? Gene, my boy, what’s wrong? You look positively shaken.”

Turning slowly in his chair, Gene glanced up at the older man. “Da... I don’t... I mean... I think I’m losing my mind. I’m trying... trying really hard to think of... some kind of explanation for what’s going on... but the more I try and avoid it, the more it keeps popping up in my face.”

“What, son? What’s going on?” He glanced at the computer screen. “Does it have something to do with the trouble you were having with your bank account that you mentioned earlier?” Gene nodded woodenly. “Tch. It’s not that big a deal, you know. I mean, you have plenty to go around, its not worth getting bent out of shape about it...”

Gene sighed, closing his eyes. “It’s not just the money, Da. It’s more... it’s EVERYTHING. Lacie and I... we havenae... been... you know... intimate... in three weeks now. Three weeks! I mean, I dinnae think of myself as Don Juan or anything, but before this, we always had some sort of physical intimacy, at least once or twice a week. Even during her pregnancy and afterwards... and now, well, she willnae even KISS me. Its like she’s bloody well pissed at me for something, and I dunno why, but she won’t tell me. When I ask her, she insists that everything is fine!”

James Gilbertson felt an icy trickle run down his spine. Outwardly calm, he merely asked, “And that’s what has you in such a tizzy, not the problems the money?”

“No, the money is all part of it. A few weeks back, at the end of spring break, at the start of all this strangeness, I woke up in the middle of the night and she wasn’t beside me. I’m a pretty sound sleeper, normally, but I’d been having a bad dream, and I couldn’t quite settle in. Anyway, it wasn’t until the next day that I realized what had woken me up. It was the sound of my car door slamming shut outside the window. Lacie had left the house while I was asleep, driven somewhere, and returned home a little while later. And since that night, she’s been acting strangely cold towards me, and the children.”

He turned the computer screen towards his father-in-law. “Yesterday, I decided to take my car in for its yearly tune-up. I dropped it off, then decided to get a loaner to finish doing my errands while it was being worked on. That’s when I found out about the problem with my Platinum Card. Not a major problem, I just used another card, but it got me thinking. I checked my bank records, and found that in the past three weeks someone had spent, purchased, or transferred a total of three-hundred-and-fifty thousand dollars from that account.”

“Three hundre...” James shook his head. “More than a quarter of a million dollars?!? Are you sure about this, Eugene?”

“I’m sure. I’ve spent the past two days trying to figure it out.” He pointed to the screen. “Some of these things could have been explained if someone had stolen the card, or hijacked the account online. Airline tickets to the French Riviera? Limo service in Naples? Hotel reservations? I haven’t left the country this year, and neither has Lacie. Someone using identity theft to run up a huge tab seems plausible... until you take into account the identity theft insurance I insisted on when I first got the cards. They called on five separate days to confirm that the purchases being made were valid, and each time it was confirmed.”

He lowered his head into his hands. “I can accept that in this age of technology there are people skilled enough to hack into my bank account or get access to my credit card number. What I can’t accept is that this same person managed to figure out the verbal confirmation code that Lacie and I agreed on to confirm that it’s us using the card.”

“So, what are you saying, Eugene?” a feminine voice sounded from the hallway, causing both men to whirl around in surprise. Lacie stood there, calmly, arms crossed at her chest. “Are you calling me a thief? Is that what this all boils down to?”

“Lacie, darling,” James said, holding up both his hands in supplication. “Just relax, baby. We’re not accusing you. We’re just trying to figure this all out—”

“Oh, really?” Lacie said, pushing past him, glaring down at her husband. “It seems to me that Mr. High and Mighty here has already figured things out. Well fine. Let’s get this all out in the open then.”

“Lass,” Gene began, entreatingly, “we’re not ganging up on you. And I’m not calling you a thief. We’re married, love. Man and wife. Half of everything I have is yours anyway. I was just concerned—”

“As well you should be,” Lacie yelled, cutting him off. “It looks like I need to spell it out for the both of you. Yes, I took the money. My money, as you so eloquently put it. I’d planned to milk another five or six million from you before having this little confrontation, but frankly, I’m tired of playacting the part of the sweet and loving wife. I’m sick of this shit. It’s time I just cut my losses and got the fuck out of here.”

Eugene’s jaw dropped. He stared up at the angry woman glaring down at him in complete bafflement. His head was spinning; he knew she was speaking English, and yet the words coming out of her mouth didn’t make any sense to him at all. He stretched out his arm, reaching out to touch her, but she slapped his hand away.

“Don’t touch me!” she snarled. “You disgust me. You DISGUST me! Just being in here, in the same room with you, makes me ill!”

Eugene rose to his feet, shaking his head in disbelief. “This... this isn’t you, lass,” he said softly, eyes bright with unshed tears. “I dinnae believe it for a minute. I can’t believe... I won’t believe it. I... I love you.”

“Love?” Lacie laughed bitterly. “You’re an even bigger fool than I thought you were.” She reared back and spat in his face. “You were a means to an end, nothing more. I’m leaving here now, with all the money I’ve taken from you... money I’ve earned for putting up with you for all these years.”

She turned to head for the door, and paused. In the hallway, holding each others’ hand, stood her two children. For an instant, her resolve weakened, and an intense sadness nearly overwhelmed her before she could suppress it. Picturing her Master’s face in her mind, she forced herself to turn back and face her family one last time.

“I’m leaving,” she repeated with conviction. “I want nothing more to do with any of you ever again. I’ll have my lawyer contact you in a few days once I’m settled in my new life about dividing the estate. The children, of course, are yours.” Turning on her heel, she stormed out of the house.

James, finally shaken from his stunned silence, ran after her. “Sweetheart, please! Stop! I don’t know what’s gotten into you, but this is madness! You can’t just leave like this! That man in there loves you! He would give his life for you in a heartbeat.” He shook his head. “You’ve just destroyed the only person in this entire world who loves you more than I do. How can you just walk away like this?”

“I’m not walking away, I’m DRIVING away.” Starting the ignition, she leaned out of her window for a final parting shot. “For what it’s worth, Daddy Dearest, it was worth getting to know your new wife, Madeline, and burying the hatchet. I still don’t like her, but I can see now why she was such a good fit for you. Anyone who could so easily toss away my mother’s memory just for the chance to bed some bubble-headed bimbo slut didn’t really deserve a woman like Mom anyway. You and Maddy deserve each other. I hope you two are very happy together.” Peeling rubber, she sped out of the driveway, leaving her father standing there, totally speechless.

* * *

I did it, Lacie thought happily, making her way back to the apartment where her Master awaited her. I finally broke free. I’ve just shattered the remaining ties to my former life. No more indecision, no more guilty feelings. That part of my life is just gone, over and done with. Now I can get on with my life’s true purpose: making my Master’s life as enjoyable as possible.

Entering the lobby, she reached for the door key He had given her, sighing in total contentment for the first time in weeks. That annoying, whining voice of conscience that had long tormented her was completely silent now. She’d had a bad moment on the drive over, having to pull over to the side of the road as the strongest pang of pure and utter despair shook her, wracking her body so strongly that she’d voided the contents of her stomach on the pavement. Something inside her shook, as if trying to break free of itself, and a feeling of pain and self-loathing overcame her. Staring at the traffic whizzing by, she felt the crazy urge to leap out into the middle of the road, to step directly into their path... but just as quickly as the urge had come it had vanished.

Taking the key from her pocket, she unlocked the door and let herself in. Lacie sniffed deeply, then smiled inwardly at the heady scent of arousal. I guess He’s awake then, she mused as she slipped out of her clothes, placing them neatly on the closet hangers. He had a rather busy night last night, turning the last of the female student population; its no wonder He didn’t bother to show up for class this morning. Then she grinned. Not that there will be a need to actually attend classes anymore after tomorrow. By this time tomorrow night, the entire school will be His playground.

Padding barefoot into the bedroom, she paused in the doorway, simply basking in the sight of her beloved Master enjoying Himself with three of His loyal sex sluts, His small, thin, yet utterly arousing form bucked wildly as He fucked a tall, dark skinned Nubian cheerleader while a freckle faced redhead and a blue-eyed blonde French-kissed each other, bouncing eagerly on His fingers stuck deep inside them. She waited until He glanced up at her and nodded before entering the room. Lacie took her place, kneeling at His feet, and there began to plant eager and loving kisses.

He would, of course, want to know all about her day, how she had completed her assigned task of distributing His last CD to Dr. Thorne, the last member of the University staff, as well as the unfortunate incident at her home—or rather, what was once her home. Ah, but business could wait. Her Master was engaged in pleasure, both in giving and in receiving, and one of the first things He had taught her was that Business was Business, but Pleasure was Everything. He would hardly appreciate her ruining His good mood with news about her day.

After all, what difference could a few hours of carnal enjoyment have in the grand scheme of things?

((to be continued...))