The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

[I’m sorry. I’m so, so sorry.]

“I’m sorry,” the nurse said absently. “Your friend died in transit.” He gestured to the waiting room. “You can wait with the others for more news.”

I turned to the waiting room, nearly blinded by the amount of golden brands. “No, we’re not here for the man.” I didn’t let myself dwell on the realization that I’d killed Demetrius. “We’re here for the girl.”

“Oh! What was her name?”

“Brandy Ravenscroft.”

The nurse quickly typed the name into his computer. “She just came out of surgery. She’s in the ICU. No visitors. Except for family.”

Zeroes

Epilogue: Urgent Care

Phoenix: Hospital—Saturday

“I’m family,” I said. “You can let me in.”

He looked doubtful, so I just tried to nudge the idea into his head. It would have been much easier had he been branded, but I managed to plant the thought. Then his face brightened. “Okay! Come with me.”

I turned to the girls. “I’ll be back with news as soon as I can.”

“I should go with you.”

“Why? I thought you were too superior to her?”

“I am. But I can help.” Sabrina grabbed my hand and shared her thoughts with me in Ilyskn.

I looked at the nurse. “One more exception?”

He frowned. “I don’t know. I could get in trouble.”

“It’s really important.”

Sabrina walked up to him and just batted her eyes. “Please? Just this once?”

He grumbled. “Okay. Fine.”

Sheldon was already in the room with Brandy. His suit was covered with his sister’s blood. Tears were streaming down his face. He was just muttering to himself, “Forgive me. I’m sorry. I love you. I didn’t mean it.”

Brandy was lying on the bed, wires hooked up to her. She looked almost peaceful. Her heart monitor was beeping, echoing through the room in time with Sheldon’s mantra.

I put my hand on his shoulder. “She knows.”

He wiped his nose with his sleeve. “I’ve been an ass.”

“Yeah, you have.” He just stared at me as the beeps filled the room. “But she loved you despite that.”

“I thought she hated me.”

“That doesn’t mean she didn’t love you.”

“Who’s this?”

“Sheldon, meet Sabrina. She’s here to help.”

“How?”

What could I say that would make any sense? “Just let her do her thing.”

I don’t know what I was expecting. Rainbows? A flash of light? Some sort of cue that something had happened. But no, Sabrina just walked up to Brandy and put her hands on the bandaged wound. She closed her eyes and concentrated for a little while, then she opened her eyes again, looking woozy.

Then she staggered over to the one chair in the room and collapsed. “That’s it?”

Brandy started stirring. “Eric?” She sounded weak and hoarse.

I bent down in front of her. “Yeah, princess?”

“Not princess,” she said, sleepily. “Bimbo.”

I chuckled. “Okay.” I kissed her forehead. “My bimbo.”

Her heart monitor started beeping more rapidly. “Are you safe? Did you get hurt?”

“No sweetheart. I’m fine.”

“Then I did good?”

“Yeah, you did. Don’t let it happen again, okay?”

“Okay. Love you.”

“Love you too, pri—” The look on her face stopped me. “Um, bimbo.”

“That’s better,” she smiled, closing her eyes. “Don’t hate him too much, okay? It’s not really his fault.”

“Hate who?”

“Sheldon. I know what it’s like to be irresistibly controlled.” She had a small smile on her face. “He just needs to find a better Master.”

I felt Sheldon’s hand on my shoulder. “I already have, sis.”

“Good. Welcome to the family.” She let loose a giggle. “I love...”

Then the beeping of her heart turned into a long tone. Almost immediately, a team of doctors and nurses shoved us aside and started working to bring her back to life.

I watched as my brand began to flicker, then fade away. It created an aching hole in my heart. I clutched Sheldon’s hand; he was holding on just as hard.

It had been gone for ten minutes before the doctor finally called the time of death.