The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

All the Fun of the Fair

Part 4

Paula’s Story — The Tent of Mirrors

It sucked being the one standing there watching as all my friends were having a good time. I liked rides, I really did, but they really didn’t like me back. Three minutes of fun, one minute of nausea, and that was me done for the night. Do you know what a girl throwing up in a spinning ride looks like? I won’t paint you a picture, other than say that a black hole of shame and humiliation exists at the epicenter. So after my one ride, I became the loyal friend that held coats and checked out the queues on nearby rides while my friends had all the fun. I asked them when we could visit the stalls or arcades so I could take part in things, but it was always “after this” or “We gotta do that first”. It was ok, I guess, they’d eventually run out of money or energy and probably come with me for ten minutes to something I wanted to do before going home. It was fine, they were getting caught up in the fun and I didn’t want to be a killjoy. I watched as the ride finished and the three of them came off only to get right back on.

“What’s going on Max?” I asked, “Aren’t you guys going somewhere else?”

“The guy in the control box bet us that we couldn’t survive the ride more than five times in a row!” Karen cut in before Max could answer.

“Yeah, and if we make it without hurling, we don’t have to pay!” Stewart added with his childish grin that usually made me respond in kind. Not this time.

“Sorry Paula, we’ll come with you just after this, promise!” Max said, and I felt that he meant it, but I knew he’d see another ride on the way and apologize with the same level of sincerity when he abandoned me again.

“It’s ok, if you’re doing four more times I’ll just go a wander, I’ll see you back here in twenty minutes…” I said, trying my best to mask my dry throat. I wanted to cry, or punch them, or both. I loved them, but god… I hated them at the same time.

“Are you sure?” Karen asked, and I could hear the semi concern in her voice.

“Yeah, yeah I’m sure, go win your challenge, and try not to throw up!” I insisted. Why couldn’t I just tell them to do their stupid rides after we did something we all could enjoy? We love the air rifle stalls! And the hotdogs! Why couldn’t I just… Oh forget it.

I walked away after the ride started up again, the noise of the fair briefly being drowned out by Karen’s screams of excitement. I wanted to skip to the part with hotdogs and candy apples right away, but I knew that it’d feel nicer for my friends to get them at the same time as me. So I wandered glumly away from the majority of the food trailers towards the far end of the fair, without really paying attention to where I was going.

The only thing that caught my eye was Steve Dobson heading into the arcade with his friends. My heart skipped as it usually did when I saw Steve. The few times I talked to him usually put me somewhere near cardiac arrest, and that only ever happened because he came up to me to say hi in the classes we had together. If courage was something I could work up, I’d be working it for a long time before I had enough to walk up to him, let alone hold a conversation about how we had a few similar interests and I’m sure we’d get on great it we were ever to go out sometime…

I kept on walking, my eyes fixed to my shoes until I almost walked into the side of a tent. I glanced up at it, it was a silvery grey, and covered in glitter that sparkled in the various lights of the fair. The sign about the door was a reflective plate with “The Tent of Mirrors” printed on it. Below, in smaller type, was “on reflection, you think you’d like to enter…”

After a moment of scoffing at the awful pun, I realized that I wouldn’t mind wandering around the goofy mirror halls. I remember my parents taking to me to one when I was younger, and how much I laughed at the strange illusions the mirrors cast upon me.

And right now, I didn’t want to be me, look like me, or even recognize myself. Besides, I thought I spotted that absolute bitch Alison following me, no doubt wanting to make me feel horrible for being myself again. So I entered the tent, glad to be escaping another fun “Pep talk” from the judgemental bitchqueen. My misery seemed to be her favourite distraction from her shallow self-obsessed life, and I had wandered off by myself for a break from that; really, I wanted a break from everything.

Inside the tent, there was a bored looking man in a ticket booth to my right, and three cave-like openings to my left. One was clearly the entrance to the hall of mirrors, the other the exit, based on the direction the excited children seemed to be running in. Some of the parents were standing around the foyer, glued to their smartphones, while others went into the mirror cave with their kids, making brave attempts to keep them relatively calm.

There was a tattered sign on the ticket booth saying “Cave of Mirrors: $1”. I handed over a buck and the ticket seller lazily passed a small ticket to me.

“Go through as many times as you like.” He said dully.

“Uh, thanks.” I replied, and shuffled towards the entrance, sidestepping to avoid a hyperactive torrent of children being lamely chastised by an exhausted looking mother.

I walked through the cave of mirrors at a leisurely pace, stopping briefly at each mirror I liked the look of. There were all the classics. Make me super skinny, make me super wide. Make me tall as a Scot’s Pine, or short as an angry dwarf. In each Mirror, I giggled, but then thought I saw something at the mirror’s edge. A glimpse of a person wearing red, who must have been somewhere behind me. Each time I saw it I turned to see nobody there, to my growing frustration.

After a moment or two of scratching my head, I moved on to some more elaborate setups. There was one set of mirrors that reversed my reflection, so that when I raised my right arm, the opposite arm in the reflection moved. It was fun, yet disorientating. I was about to move on when again I thought I saw at the very edge of the mirror, the slightest glimpse of someone. A woman in a red dress, I thought, though it felt more like a subconscious observation than anything I had really seen properly.

Another disorientating setup was the one that showed me upside down, and again I saw the barest glimpse of this mystery woman. I backtracked through the cave of mirrors, looking around every corner and hiding place. She must be doing this deliberately to annoy me. I instantly wondered it might be Alison playing a cruel joke on me, but then I realised that Alison was much more direct and would rather be cruel to my face. I turned around a pressed on through past most of the rest of the mirrors, stopping briefly at the infinity corridor with two mirrors facing each other and an endless repetition in their double reflection. Surely, I couldn’t catch sight of the strange woman here without her being right next to me…

It was very sudden. She moved so fast, passing behind me, that she was but a blur in the mirror, and I could only tell that she definitely wore a red dress, had light coloured skin, and the same brown hair as me. I darted around quickly, sure I would see her for real this time, but there was no one to be seen.

What the fuck was going on? She couldn’t have moved that fast to get around the next corner in the split second it took me to spin around! But that wasn’t a corner of my vision deal this time, she had moved, albeit incredibly swiftly, right across the field of view offered by the mirror, apparently passing behind me within inches.

A strange chill ran down my spine, and I considered turning back and getting the hell out of this increasingly creepy tent. But then I realised that I wasn’t too far from the exit, there was just the mirror maze left. Because it was twisting and turning walls of complete mirror glass, it looked pretty vast, but I saw the tent from the outside, so it can’t have been more than a dozen yards deep at a push. Still, as I stood by the entrance, the four or five kids running and giggling at each other through the place looked like hundreds as they were mimicked by every surface. The scuffs on the floor gave away where the real path through was, so not feeling challenged by the seemingly endless directions I could take, I entered the maze.

It was when I turned the first corner that I saw her clearly, in one of the farthest mirrors. In amongst the many of the children running aimlessly around the place, but standing perfectly still, she looked my way, once again appearing behind the reflection of myself. I stole a hurried glance behind me, not expecting anyone to be there. Lo and behold, the way behind me was completely clear. Yet as I turned back around to the mirror, there she was, standing behind me and a little to my left.

Ignoring the impossibility of what I saw, I instead drank in her features. She was tall, with lavishly wavy auburn hair, and a rotund yet coyly smiling face. And a piercing gaze that made me take a sharp intake of breath before I looked at her curvy figure. Wide hips, large breasts, and no stranger to indulgence, she was a lot of woman but knew exactly what to do with it. I was instantly jealous, as my baggy clothes I wore to try and hide the pounds I couldn’t stand always made me feel so unattractive. And now here was someone possibly a bit larger than myself who was sexier than I could ever imagine being.

She stood there, looking at me enticingly, and I knew instinctively that I was to follow her. The kids running around passed in front of and behind her, and it was after I took a couple of steps towards her that I noticed it.

She wasn’t reflected everywhere else like I was, and like all the screaming children were. She just appeared in one mirror, and one mirror only. It was then I noticed the rhythmic thumping of my heart beating in my skull, and that my breaths had become laboured and panicky. “Run!” said a voice, while another was like “This is so creepy… Awesome!” and a third was like “I really should have got that hotdog when I had the chance…”

I took another nervous step towards the woman in the mirror, and she winked at me, before walking off to the right and out of sight.

“Wait!” I called, and earned the laugher of several of the children when they saw my embarrassment. I hurried down the maze, and with each corner saw the woman in red walking away and out of sight again. Each time was just enough to see which way I had to go in order to follow her, and in no time at all I found myself out of breath and standing in the foyer of the tent, having hurried out of the maze’s exit.

What the hell? What was that all about? I couldn’t see her anywhere now. But of course I couldn’t, there were no mirrors to see her in.

I turned back to the maze, where many mirrors were still visible. I knew I’d see her, and see her I did. In the reflection, she walked into the third, unmarked opening of the tent that I had seen when I had first entered. I sharply turned to the opening, foolishly hoping to catch sight of the elusive woman before she disappeared into the opening completely. Of course, there was no one there. The opening was dark, and gave no clue to what lay beyond the blackness.

Was I even allowed in there? I looked to the ticket booth and saw the utterly bored looking man staring at his phone. He didn’t look up even as more patrons came in to the tent, so I figured he couldn’t care less who went where.

Nervously, but with undercurrents of excitement building up in me, I wandered into the dark passageway. I could only just see the online of the tent around me, and could see a junction a few feet ahead. Both directions led to small, cluttered tents that both had a single, impressively ornate dress mirror in the center.

I at once wondered whether one of the directions was simply a reflection of the other, but I didn’t see myself in any reflection, and then I noticed small differences in the layout of each side. Something inside me told me that it really mattered which way I took, that if I didn’t choose correctly, I would never find the mysterious woman I was following. Oddly, going back never seemed like an option.

I went left, and slowly walked towards the mirror in the center of the tent. The mess around the perimeter seemed to be racks of various clothing, boxes of shoes, even a makeup desk. Everything a circus performer would need to get into character, I guessed. The mirror was facing away from me, so I had to walk around to the far side of the tent to look into it. I knew I’d see the mysterious woman there, and this time she wouldn’t be so far away. This time I might understand why I could only see her in the mirrors.

At the same time, I was freaked out. But curiosity seemed to be winning out, as I didn’t turn back. I circled the mirror slowly and carefully, until the last moment when I took a deep breath and walked square in front of it.

My own reflection greeted me, but I was reflecting… wrong. My baggy clothes were the same, my auburn hair fell the same way across my face, and my skin looked as pale as it ever was. But I just knew that it wasn’t me in that reflection. Not really.

I waved my hand slowly in front of the mirror, and my reflection copied me perfectly. What was it? Something was different. I stuck out my tongue, and the reflection mimicked without flaw. I then shook my limps as frantically as I could, trying to catch out this imposter, but nothing.

I sighed, and was about to turn away when I noticed it. My eyes. My normally electric blue eyes… They looked so vacant, so… defeated. My own eyes didn’t look like that, did they?

“What the?” I murmured. I immediately noticed that my reflection had not moved its mouth as I had spoken. That was it, it was time to run away, and possibly scream a little.

But then, my reflection moved. Its hand slowly rose to its face and a single finger shushed over its lips. And I had done exactly the same thing, but I know I didn’t mean to. Fuck, what was happening?

My reflection then waved an arm slowly in front of the mirror, just like I had a minute ago. I copied it precisely, as if I were the reflection. My mind was now racing in a bewildered panic. I couldn’t move in any deliberate way. I couldn’t turn and run. Fuck, I couldn’t even look away.

My reflection stuck out its tongue, and so did I. It waved its arms around frantically in every which direction, and so did I, mirroring it perfectly. I wasn’t doing this. I was acting without thinking. It felt like my body was attached to a million puppet strings being pulled by my own reflection. Only my eyes remained different from those of the girl in the mirror. I knew because my own eyes were wide with panic and teary with fear. But the eyes staring back at me were dull, almost lifeless. It felt like my eyes should become like that, I could feel the need to make the reflection be complete. But I was too scared at what might happen if I gave in to that urge. This was terrifying enough without giving up the one piece of control I had left.

Then, my reflection’s mouth moved, though mine didn’t. It did so again, and this time, my lips fluttered slightly. I thought I could tell what the silent word being spoken was, and the third time she spoke, my own mouth copied and I hear my own voice say “Obey.”

A shiver of terror ran through me as I heard my own voice command me. I didn’t know what to do, I had to think of something, but before I could think, my reflection was speaking again, and more words escaped from my lips.

“I will obey. I will submit.”

Fuck me, what was I saying?!

“I will obey. I will submit. Now.”

My head felt light and dizzy. I was here to obey, and submit. Wasn’t I? Isn’t that why I entered the tent? That… that didn’t feel right, but why would I be saying this otherwise?

“I will obey and submit for my master.”

Well, that cleared things up somewhat. I was here to obey and submit for my master. Except… why couldn’t I remember ever having a master?

Before that thought got much further, my reflection ran an hand under the collar of my jumper and began to tug. My hand, of course, followed obediently and in perfect harmony, and before I knew it, I was taking off all my clothes.

“I must present myself naked for my master.” I murmured in unison with my reflection as our bras hit the floor simultaneously, releasing our enormous breasts. I hoped my master would be pleased by them, and by the rest of my body. If he wasn’t, I would change anything for him. I would do anything for him.

But… no. This didn’t sound like me. This wasn’t me. I shook my head frantically, and to my amazement, the reflection didn’t. Instead, it frowned at me and mouthed the phrase “I will obey” once more.

“I will…. Obeeeenergh!” I struggled, focusing all my might on breaking out of the mimicking. “Fuck you!” I shouted instead, and threw myself to the side of the mirror, out of sight of my reflection.

I gasped for breath, and cursed repeatedly between huffs for well over a minute. What was that? What was happening to me there? It felt like the mirror had held some sadistic power over me that was sucking out my will and turning me into… Into a… sex slave?

The words shook through my mind like a rattle. Sex slave. I almost became a sex slave. Fuck. Talk about a face worse than death. I’m glad I could somehow break out of the control, otherwise that would be it. I sat up, rubbing my head. That had nearly been too much. I carefully dragged my discarded clothes from in front of the mirror and put them back on. I can’t believe I was stripping in the middle of a fair. There was something seriously strange going on here.

As I got dressed I looked more carefully at the contents of the tent. Only now did I realise that the majority of the clothes were these skimpy latex or nylon outfits. There were boxes I didn’t notice before. Whips, chains, rope, gags. Christ, it was almost fifty shades of Paula in here…

I turned to leave, but hesitated. Despite a large part of me wanting to run out of the tent and not look back, a dangerous curiosity was currently in my driver’s seat. Having broken out of its control, I wanted to see what my reflection was now doing. It was undressing, so would it have continued that or would it have made an effort to look almost like me again?

Throwing caution to the proverbial wind, I stepped in front of the mirror once more. There I was, completely naked and on my knees in the mirror. I had a leather collar tight around my neck and a ball gag strapped into my mouth. My head was bowed to the floor, subdued and obedient. A sudden urge came over me. I had to match my reflection. I had to. To stand in front of the mirror and not look like what I saw in the glass was utterly and fundamentally wrong. I immediately started tugging at my clothes, looking frantically around for the exact leather collar that my reflection wore. Luckily, this brief break in eye contact with the mirror allowed me to again shake my head and pull away again.

My head was swimming, images of my naked reflection still dominated my vision, and the urge to step back in front of the mirror and surrender to the reality within it was disturbingly strong. But I knew, on a deep level, that I didn’t want that. If I had, I would never have been able to escape the mirror’s pull. I was sick of being meek, being accommodating, being compliant and everyone’s doormat. The kneeling slave in the mirror sickened me. It felt like seeing the future, like getting a glimpse of what my life would be like if I never started standing up for myself.

Well, fuck that, I thought as I walked out of that tent back towards the entrance. I was my own boss, and I realised now that I had inner strength I wasn’t even aware of before. In some sick, twisted way, I was almost grateful that the sinister mirror back there had tried to suck the free will out of my mind and body. At least now I appreciated it.

I reached the turn to take me back to the entrance foyer, but stopped. Ahead of me was the other direction I could have taken when I decided to go to towards that damn enslavement mirror. Something clicked in my mind, and I decided I wanted to explore this other tent. I entered it, not cautiously, but confidently, looking around carefully this time to see what the clothing racks and boxes really contained.

This was more like it! Fine, elegant dresses, magnificent expensive jewellery, and the finest selection of makeup and perfumes I’d ever seen outside of the local mall. I knew what I would see when I stepped in front of the mirror in this tent, and so I did so without hesitation.

Again, my own reflection greeted me, but with wonderful differences. In the mirror, I was wearing the red dress of the woman I saw earlier. I had glamorous makeup on my face, making my eyes pop and my lips enticing. My reflection this time wore a coy smile, and her blue eyes sparkled with charm and confidence.

The woman in red had been me all along. I had lured myself here, albeit almost losing myself to the mirror across the way first. She winked at me, and I felt a tingle of excitement shiver through my body. Again, I felt the need to look like her in every way I could, only this time I didn’t fight it. I found myself stripping out of my old baggy clothes wilfully and finding the dress and jewellery I needed without having to think. My reflection stood watching me as I did all this, with a powerful, satisfied look on her gorgeous face. When it came to putting on the makeup, I didn’t think I’d know how to, but automatically I sat down and in a trance, applied everything perfectly. All the time a feeling of confidence and power was growing within me. The version of myself in this mirror was drop dead gorgeous. She screamed confidence and exuded charm. I wanted to be her so badly that I didn’t care about anything else.

Eventually, I knew I had done everything I needed to do. I returned to the mirror and saw my reflection greet me with an impressed smile. Everything about me matched her now, apart from that calm, confident expression. My reflection moved her silk gloved hand up to wave at my gently, and I found myself doing the same. Again, my reflection was leading me movements, and this time I could feel the imprint upon me that was emanating from the mirror. I was becoming a true reflection of her. Soon the mirror would revert to being an ordinary looking glass, but the persistent image on both sides of it would be her, not me.

And honestly, I welcomed it. Paula as she was had been weak. She didn’t asset herself or ever do things for her. But now, she, or rather I, would be different. I would command attention and turn heads. I would seduce the stoic, and entrance the excitable. I was made to stand over others as they bowed to me. I was made to be served, and they are all slaves waiting to be born, as soon as they are freed from their confusing, mundane existence.

My lips curled ever so slightly into that coy smile, and I could feel the power sparkle into my eyes. My reflection, now perfectly matching in every way, smiled back at me identically, and I gave a little nod to thank her. Or rather, thank myself. Old Paula was dead to me. Mistress Paula was here now.

I turned from the mirror purposefully, and went to find my friends.