The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

And Left In Control

by Mr. Scade

Cobwebs make no sound. Dust sings not. And the shadows of tattered curtains voice no thoughts. The old house was always silent, too silent, safe for one sound. The dark, cold hallways knew only the music of high heels meeting wooden floors. All day, every day, the sound of heels filled the old, old house.

They walked the rooms, the hallways, the cellars and attics; sunlight streamed in through windows, losing all its warmth as it tried to pass through thick, thick curtains and barely illuminating hallways. They waited as they walked, those heeled beauties; they waited, waited and waited. The knowledge of who and what they waited for allowed them to go on, to not collapse and weep. Perhaps leaving the house and searching for their halves would be better than just roaming the old, old house hour in, hour out. But they not only knew the rules, but had them engraved in their very being. To leave the house meant to never see their other half. Dead wasn’t as strong a punishment as losing who they were. So they waited, in near darkness, in perpetual cold, in silencio interruptus.

The window was smudged, but through tiny gaps in the white paint Heidi looked onto the courtyard below. For the first time in a long, log wait, Heidi saw brids flying and treetops speckled with the crystal reflection of sunlight on dew drops. How long since she had last been outside the house? Too long, far too long. She felt that pain, growing, always growing where the emptiness of not having her other half was. It was a pit now, and it had once been but a crack. Her makers had taken one tiny pebble off the structure that she was, but time and the insufferable wait had turned that tiny gap into a bottomless pit. And in that pit the pain resided, always present, clawing, always clawing and digging itself deeper and deeper. Without her half, Heidi feared that the pain would take over. Her arms wrapped tight around her body, nails biting into skin through her second skin. The physical pain was nothing compared to the anguish of not being whole, but it kept her from falling into that endless pit. She felt so close to just falling and ending it—the wait had had gone on for far too long. But Heidi was strong, or so she liked to remind herself. Stronger than the cowards who had opted to end their suffering, leaving their other halves to life a life of perpetual gloom and loneliness. How could they, Heidi asked every time another of her sisters despaired into their own personal pits, leaving behind and empty husk. How could they abandon their other halves to a world of loneliness?

The anger was like a tether keeping her from falling into the pit. She came back to herself, as did the soft echo of a pair of heels meeting the wooden floors. A sister was walking towards her. Heidi breathed in the stale, dusty air of the house and allowed herself one last look out the window, through the ghost of her red and black reflection. It had been too long since she had gone out. A finger touched the reflection, touched what it showed. She hadn’t been outside since she had donned her dress and heels. The memory might be fuzzy, but she knew it.

The sound of heels click-clacking was so close and Heidi reluctantly left the confines of her mind. She risked a lot by allowing her mind to be free, but it was her way to not fall into the pit and leave her other half... leave him...

Heidi straightened and the window was forgotten. Heidi turned and looked down the hallway, looked into shadows and silence and what she swore was the view of the echoing sounds. Heidi was forgotten somewhere in the person she had become, swallowed into the engraved personality in her mind, a personality that was one and many, the lifeblood and pumping force behind the perpetual clicks and clacks that filled the old house like blood filled a heart.

She who sometimes was Heidi walked into the darkness, guided only by the sister sound of heels on wood. Thoughts not her own were the only thing in her mind—to search, to wait, to search and to wait for her other half. She had to be complete, she had to be complete and finally become the tool she was made into. She kept walking, making no sound but a click-clack, caressing the empty leash in her hand, staring blankly at the darkness and the memories that floated before her eyes like dead bodies on a lake. She didn’t think about those images, not much at least. This place seemed to do that, stop her from thinking about anything but the wait. The accursed wait. How long before she could kiss her other half, whisper truths and promises into his ear, claw his back and make him scream her name? How long before she could do what she was meant to do? How long could she go before she went insane and decided to commit suicide and end her personality? Cacti can last a long time without water, but eventually they do need some, any.

A hand quickly clutched her chest. Her eyes bulged, her breath caught in her throat. She dropped her leash, her beautiful leash and sank to her knees. It crashed onto her, the loneliness, the pain, the fear, the fatigue. That was the punishment for breaking one of the rules: dare think, dare wonder, and the pain will come back.

Heidi couldn’t breathe! Her dress was too tight, cutting into her skin. Her calves and feet were shredded, bleeding. The collar around her neck was chocking her, strangling. The nails scratched her skin. The make-up was burning her skin!

She wanted to scream his name, to upturn heaven and hell to get him. Where was her love? Where were they keeping him? Why did he leave her? Where were they keeping her? Why couldn’t she go and find him? Oh, she needed to see him. The ache was too strong. Her heart was a machine gun in her chest, her lungs burning, her sigh fuzzy. She missed him, oh did she miss her beloved half. She needed her half to fill that impossible emptiness inside her!

Tears kissed her cheeks, a wheezing sound came out of her throat, her nails tried to unclasp and unchain the dress off of her. Her eyes went wide as she looked down at the straps that kept her bound to the dress.

“It’s the dress...” She whispered. “It’s the dress...”

The dress was her warden, keeping her in this prison. The dress kept the new Heidi bound around who she had been. The dress was a uniform that marked her as what she had become. It kept her in the house, walking aimlessly instead of going out to search for him. It was the dress that kept her trapped inside here, with the ache, always with the ache that was just around the corner.

“It’s the dress...” She whispered again, unaware of the close sounds around her.

Hands touched Heidi’s cheeks. Slender, soft and familiar hands.

Her thoughts stopped. Sensations drowned in nothingness, ideas disappeared, everything simply went blank. The tether tugged, and the Heidi that had been and the Heidi that was both came back from the precipice. They stood, together, as one without thought or ideas, only the rules engraved in their minds. The one that was two stopped fumbling at her straps and looked up at the face of the one who had saved her from the true emptiness of defeat too many times to count.

Heidi’s sister smiled with empathy and understanding. Heidi’s sister knew the pain, knew the bottomless pit, because she was dangling over the edge, just like Heidi. Both locked stares and saw behind the make-up, behind the conditioning and behind the creation of their makers. They saw two women who wanted nothing more than to be reunited with their other half, and finally be happy. Two women who were so close to falling into despair so deep their minds would simply stop being and their bodies would just be meat to be used and sold at market.

Heidi smiled, and her sister smiled and the two embraced. Once more, Heidi had to thank her sister for this. She saved her once more, and Heidi only knew that she would- had done it if the roles reversed. Heidi liked to think it was all the Heidi that had been, but it was as much her programming’s fault as her drive to see everyone in the house happy and whole. The dress might force them to support each other, but it was Heidi who did it.

Heidi’s sister kissed her, soft lips brushing soft lips. “We’re in control.” The woman whispered.

“We are control.” Heidi’s voice echoed on its own.

The comfort was appreciated and immediate.

The pain was gone.

The tether was strong.

The pit was far away.

And hope was restored.

Heidi opened her eyes, her brain flooded with the sensations of the world. The music of heels on wood, the perpetual near-silence of the house; the shadowed hallways and the streams of light from the windows; the pressure of her second skin on her, and her heels trapping her feet in perpetual pointe; and the emptiness inside her. She breathed in that stale air, smelling the cobwebs and her own artificial scent, and realised that the pain wasn’t so bad. It was a reminder of the choice she and her other half had made, a choice to become as close as two human beings could be. A choice to turn two into one.

Her sister was gone, Heidi realised. But she didn’t feel alone, not really. Wasn’t that why she had gone through the process, why she had allowed them to bond her to the dress, to take away her lover and to put a second Heidi in her mind? How could she be alone, when there were so many like her, and when she had her other half, somewhere out there?

She found a window, the same window, and looked out at the courtyard below. She found herself smiling at the memory of her first day in the manor. In hindsight, it was a wonderful escape for her, and one that would make her life that much richer. She would thank her husband for doing this for her, for letting her meet her new sisters, for letting them awaken that side of her that had always been there. Her hand tightened around the leash, stroking its emptiness with longing and love. Soon, very soon.

“I am in control.” She whispered and felt that specific reality to be more real than everything she had ever experienced. The ache in her chest was still there, throbbing, but now there was something else keeping it at bay—longing. Heidi longed to show her other half the truth of this new reality. She was in control, and very soon would be able to show him just how much. Very soon.

Very... soon...

Soon...

Heidi’s breath caught in her throat and she immediately turned to look out the window, down at the courtyard. She could focus on only one point, one thing, one area in the universe. That red van pulling over... no, inside it. She felt the tether pulling, pulling her away from the bottomless pit. She couldn’t focus on anything else but the person inside the van, the person she could feel, through that imaginary tether she had created to survive.

“The tether... i-it is real.” Her voice was alien to her, so sensual, so powerful, so unlike the Heidi that had been. But it was real, just like that tugging she felt.

A smile came upon her face, and a peace filled her. A deep, powerful peace. Finally, the wait was over.

Heidi turned away from the window, her click-clack joining the chorus inside the mansion, a perpetual droning. She could feel him getting out of the car, being guided by men and women who had gone through what they both had gone through. Heidi knew where he was, how he was, when he was. Heidi felt him. Felt everything about him. The closer she was to her other half, the smaller that once infinite pit was. How funny that what had claimed so many lives now seemed even less than a pin-prick. How funny that the trial seemed so... pointless now.

Heidi found her way to the front of the mansion and saw with joy that her sister was amongst the women who felt their halves coming to them. Heidi allowed herself a look at her sisters, all in uniform dresses, all in control, and all about to become whole and one with their other halves.

The doors opened and Heidi didn’t notice when she started laughing.

The tears that kisssed her cheeks were of joy. Her love would soon be at her feet, kneeling and she would reward him for all he did to put her in Control.

And punish him for doing it without her consent in the first place.