The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

THE ATTACHMENT

Chapter 11

by Abacab

Jim picked up his phone again; 4:52pm, per the lockscreen. He rang the doorbell with one hand while turning the phone completely off with the other.

The door opened. Elizabeth answered in a well-worn collegiate-sweatshirt-and-sweatpants ensemble, makeup conspicuously absent, her long hair tousled and tangled, strands pointing everywhere, a real-world demonstration of chaos theory in action.

She looked... rough, Jim thought. But he still couldn’t take his eyes off of her. In a way, post-rough-night Elizabeth was much easier on his eyes than the perfectly-preened version thereof he was much more used to encountering on workdays. He subsequently realized he couldn’t yet know if he might now also feel rather differently than before at the sight of workday Elizabeth.

In the doorway, Elizabeth immediately smiled at him. It was a totally different kind of smile than the big, canned grin she’d given him so many times at work, more the warm, sincere smile you’d reflexively issue upon unexpectedly bumping into an old friend. Jim saw a flicker of passing confusion in her eyes immediately following.

“Well, hey, stranger. I really wasn’t expecting to see you again so soon. Come in.” Her voice was a little lower than usual, bore a slightly raspy edge.

Jim followed her inside. She led him to the couch, sat down in turn in her recliner.

“Feel free to just help yourself, jazz man,” she jibed gently, pointing to the little wooden box, still closed, on the coffee table in front of Jim. “I think I’ll maybe sit this round out for now. But I like to help out friends, and I’m a lady of her word. So, please, just knock yourself out.”

“I’m actually, um... I’m cool too... for right now.” Jim saw Elizabeth’s brow furrow, amended his response: “I kinda thought I’d maybe unwind for a bit from work first before I, uh, before I hit that thing again. Is that OK?”

“Yeah, I... believe me, I understand. I was actually surprised you wanted to do this at all after last night. Guess you had a pretty good time after all, huh?”

“I did, yeah. It was nice, really nice to feel like that again. You’re right, I... I haven’t really known what I’ve been missing all this time.” Jim looked over at Elizabeth, saw her eyes were barely open, her elbow anchored to the armrest, her head hanging low into her hand. “Looks like maybe you had too good of a time last night.“

“Yeah, that was... that was all a little off the chain for a weeknight. I had such a blast with you guys, though. We just gotta make sure, if we do that some other time, that we do it on a weekend instead. Pretty embarrassing to have to miss work the day after, y’know? I’m way too old for that. I guess Julia can be a seriously bad influence on me.”

“I know exactly what you mean. I’m beginning to think the same thing on my end.”

“Yeah, I bet you are.” Elizabeth laughed, took a sip of soda out of a can on the table. “I bet you’re having a really great time under her bad influence too.”

Jim looked down and sighed. He’d come to Elizabeth’s house with absolutely no idea how he was going to say what he had come to say. He knew he would probably just sound like he was out of his mind if he laid out too much too quickly.

He’d figured that he’d just find a way to gradually remind her of a few things, feel his way out to the bigger picture from there... if she’d even let him get there before writing off his credibility. Elizabeth’s quip regarding Julia seemed like as natural a possible segueway point as he was going to find.

“Yeah, well, about that... about her ‘bad influence...’ so I guess that Julia hypnotizes you sometimes, huh?”

Elizabeth looked at him quizzically, her tired eyes opening slightly wider.

“What, did... did Julia tell you about that?”

“Yeah, sort of, Elizabeth. But I... I guess I’m also wondering... what do you remember about last night?”

“Oh, c’mon, I wasn’t that fucked up last night, Jim.“

“No, just... please, just humor me, Elizabeth. What do you remember?”

“We got drunk at the bar, you drove us home, we hung out here, got high, and you guys went home.”

“When did we go home? Do you remember us going home?”

“Not... not super clearly. But I do remember it. I was just drunk and high, that’s all. And then I went to bed.”

“You’re being honest with me... you actually remember us going home, you actually remember going to bed...” Jim decided it was wise to cut himself off before he finished the sentence with “...by yourself.”

“It’s a little fuzzy... but I definitely remember all of that, yeah. You guys left here before midnight. Your questions are getting kind of weird, Jim. What does any of this have to do with anything?”

“Do you remember Julia hypnotizing you in front of me?”

Elizabeth looked at him.

“She did that? With you watching?”

“Yeah. She... she was pretty hammered, seemed like she was feeling pretty naughty too. You remember that part, right? Do you remember when she basically fingered herself at the bar, and then showed the entire world her own juices on her fingers?“

Elizabeth laughed. “No, I guess I missed that. But I’ve seen crazier... she really can get pretty fucking nuts when she’s drunk. So you’re saying that she hypnotized me in front of you at the bar?”

“No, Elizabeth. She did that here, after we got high. And that’s why I’m asking if you remember us leaving.”

Elizabeth looked blankly at the ground. Embarrassment slowly crept onto her face.

“I actually don’t remember being hypnotized, no... but knowing Julia, I, uh... oh, Jesus... what did she do? What did you see?“

“She... well, she said a phrase...” Jim pretended to not remember Elizabeth’s trigger phrase in its entirety, not wanting to say it aloud himself. “...something about ‘naptime’...” He saw Elizabeth’s eyes round over in recognition and horror. “...and then you just went out like a light, right in front of me, right in the same chair you’re sitting in now.”

“Oh... oh no. Oh, Jesus... Jesus Christ, I can’t believe... I just can’t believe she’d do that to me in front of you. Please, Jim... please tell me I didn’t do anything too embarrassing. Fuck, I was so high... she could’ve made me do just about anything like that, she fucking knows that. What did she make me do? Oh god, please, please tell me she didn’t...“

Jim felt terrible; he was at a loss as to how to proceed, knowing his response had to come naturally and quickly. He tried stalling. “No, Elizabeth, trust me, it’s OK, it... it wasn’t like that, it wasn’t just...”

“You know, she has me, uh...” Elizabeth leaned in, the growing shame reddening her cheeks. “...she’ll have me do things to myself sometimes, and it’s not that big a deal if it’s just us... I mean, we’re old friends and all, and... god, I can’t believe I’m even saying this... I mean, I’d never normally tell you that little detail of our friendship in a million years, Jim, but if she did that to me while you sat there, then please, you have to understand...

“...Julia... she’s so damn good at hypnosis or whatever it is that she does. I don’t even know what I’m doing when she does it. I know it’s impossible to believe, but honestly, it’s like she’s suddenly totally in control of me and everything I’m thinking and experiencing... she just takes over my head like that...“

Elizabeth snapped her fingers in passing demonstration. Jim felt instantly woozy and heavy for a moment, but quickly managed to shake himself off.

“...it’s like my head just goes blank, Jim, like it really goes completely to sleep, and then she starts filling my sleeping head up with so many confusing and beautiful images, so many thoughts and voices that I know aren’t mine on some level, but they end up feeling just like mine anyway, and they’re even harder to disregard or ignore... and in, like, seconds, I just don’t even know what’s happening...”

Jim saw Elizabeth’s eyes grow slightly distant and hazy on providing this experiential description, even as fear and shame increasingly dominated her tone. He decided he’d better cut her off.

“Elizabeth, it’s OK, you don’t sound as crazy as you think. I understand what she did to you last night. I know exactly what it’s like, more than you can know. And you know, I... I don’t remember much of what happened afterward either,” he fibbed, “because Julia hypnotized me last night, right after she hypnotized you.”

Elizabeth stared at Jim, mouth wide open.

“So do you remember... do you remember having a dream, Elizabeth? Do you remember a dream where... where you and I...”

“Oh, Jim... ohhhh, no. No...”

“Look, I... I know this is going to sound fucking crazy, probably. But I had that dream too. Julia... Julia made us have that dream together. She put us both into that dream, she guided us both through it.

“I don’t know for certain...” Jim decided to stretch the truth; going forward, with any possible outcome of this conversation, lying was obviously for the best. “...I can’t know for sure how much of it was real. I don’t know if either of us can ever know. And maybe it was all just a dream she made us share, that she just got off on watching us share. Maybe we never actually so much as touched. Maybe it was all just in our heads, just placed in our heads the whole time.

“But no matter what actually happened, no matter what happened after she hypnotized both of us... I do know it was all Julia’s doing, that she took us over and did that to us together. Neither of us had any control whatsoever over any of it. That’s what I know. I know it’s all Julia’s fault.”

The room went quiet, both of them staring hard at the ground. Elizabeth soon began to cry, working audibly to stifle her gut-wrenching, convulsive sobs. Jim looked up after a minute or two, watched as she steeled herself, wiped aside a heavy stream of tears from her cheek.

“That... bitch,” she whispered to herself. Jim heard far more sadness and resignation in Elizabeth’s response than justifiable outrage.

“I... I’m sorry, Elizabeth. I’m sorry. I needed to come here, needed you to know. Julia calls herself your best friend. But she’s dangerous. She’s dangerous to both of us.

“She hypnotized me again at work today. She did that with just a text message. It took everything I had, took me ten or fifteen minutes to actually break free of that when she did it... and it was so scary, you have no idea... like my body, my head would actually rather obey her than me. Keep in mind, I’ve only been letting her do this shit to me for a week now. But all weekend long, in that hotel, that’s what she was doing to me. And now she’s got me to the point where she can put me under right away, where pretty soon I’ll do or think anything she wants. If she can do that with a week’s worth of work on me, she can probably do far worse to you at this point.”

“She... she probably can. Jesus. I really had no idea Julia liked doing this to everybody.”

“She does. It’s totally what she gets off on. And you’re right, she’s very, very good at it. She lured me into trying it... she said she’d only use it with me for good things, but... just look at what she did to both of us last night. No one that evil should have the kind of power she has now over us, over both of us. I think she’s... I don’t know, maybe just fucking psychotic.”

Elizabeth, still trying to whisk away the flow of tears, said nothing.

“And listen, Elizabeth, maybe it’s not my place, but if I were you... if I were you, I’d cut her off. Right here, right now. Block her number, filter her email address. Do whatever it takes to never see her again, never let her talk to you again... never let her smooth-hypno-talk you into anything again. I mean, who knows if she’s made you do things with other guys present before, if she’s made you ‘dream’ other things like this...”

“No, I’m... I’m pretty sure she hasn’t, thank god. I’ve never had her over with a man in tow. At least, I’ve never had her over like that for years and years, and I don’t remember ever... ‘dreaming’ about anyone like that. I know I definitely remember the dream from last night...“

Elizabeth tried to muster a sardonic smile and a laugh to match as she looked up at him through the tears. “...Well, Jim, aren’t you just the lucky guy, I guess?” A new series of violent sobs overtook her as she returned to looking down.

“That’s the other thing I need you to know, Elizabeth. As fucked up as this all is, as fucked up as it makes me feel to say it now... I do feel like I was the lucky guy.“

Elizabeth sniffled, looked up at him, said nothing.

“That ‘dream’ we had, the ‘dream’ Julia put into us simultaneously... I really have no idea what it was like for you. But for me, it was... gah, fuck, I’m just going to be out with it. Being with you in the ‘dream’ was the best sex I’ve ever had in my life. ...No, Elizabeth, that’s not right. It went beyond just being the best sex, way beyond being just sex.

“’Dreaming’ with you was basically like... OK, Elizabeth, look, I know this is going to sound utterly delusional, but... it felt like one long, amazingly intense religious vision. You were the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, all night long, and you just kept becoming more beautiful. I felt like I finally knew you, like I knew everything about you, understood everything about you all at once.

“And I felt like you were right there with me, that you knew me, completely understood me, knew everything I wanted, knew how to make it happen at every turn. I didn’t have to say what I was thinking, what I was needing; you just knew. You always knew. It was like you were completely in my head, like I was completely in yours. It was incredible.

“I mean, Elizabeth... I have never felt so deeply connected to someone in my entire life. It was the most beautiful, beautiful thing. I shouldn’t say this, I know it wasn’t real, and I really shouldn’t say it... but... I just want you to understand, it felt to me like we were actually suddenly in love, deeply in love. Except I’ve never felt love that was anything like that... not for anyone, not with anyone.”

Jim looked up at Elizabeth. Her eyes were closed, still tearing, trembling and quaking like the corners of her tightly pursed mouth.

“Fuck, I... I knew I shouldn’t have said that. I’m sorry, Elizabeth... even though none of this was my fault, any more than it was yours, I know this is so fucked up. You were the most amazing thing I’ve ever felt, ever experienced, if just for one night, if none of it was even real... and Julia made it all happen. It was all made up, even though I still feel it... I can still feel all of it, just being here right now with you. All day long I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it... I haven’t been able to stop thinking about you, not for a minute... not for any given minute where I’ve had control of my own mind.

“But that’s only because Julia hasn’t had the time yet to work on me. She stayed here with you for hours last night to keep you under, to work on all of your remaining memories first. And I’ve been ignoring all of Julia’s calls. I want more than anything to get away from her now. But I know she’s still got me, because I’ve let her get so deep into my head... and I know she’s going to find me.

“She’ll probably be waiting for me at work tomorrow. She’ll sneak up behind me, snap her fingers in my ear, that will be that. She’ll take me away without a struggle, put me under again and again, gradually change my memories of our ‘dream,’ maybe even just erase those memories if she can. She’ll get her claws back into my head in a matter of hours, deeper than ever before.

“Once she’s managed that—easily, probably—I know she’ll never, ever let go... not until she’s ready to throw me away. She’ll make me feel everything with her that I felt being with you last night... everything that she made me feel with you. And after that, I know I’ll never be able to run from her, from what she can do to my head, ever again.

“So I came here to try and make you understand... to try and make you understand that you need to run, Elizabeth. You need to find a way to break free from Julia. I don’t know how you’ll ever do that, because I know that even for me it’s far too late to escape. But you just need to find a way. Run.

“Please, Elizabeth. Do it for yourself. Do it for what’s still left of me.”

Jim stood from the couch. Elizabeth opened her eyes, wiped away her tears once more, stood with him.

“I have to go now, Elizabeth. Just, please... do it. Find a way. Do it somehow. Don’t let her trick you, use you, control you a minute longer.”

“OK, Jim.” Elizabeth sounded mildly annoyed. “Heard you loud and clear. I’ll take care of it. I just have some serious processing to do first on all of this.”

They walked toward the front door together. Jim’s hand hesitated on the doorknob.

“The worst part, at least for me right now,” Jim said in cautious measure into the door, “is that I got this taste of something. It’s something that might actually exist, might not, but I’ll never be able to know. I’ll never know what it might have been like to just be with you... unhypnotized, sober, just being with you naturally in the moment. I’ll never know if it could have been anything like what it felt like in that dream with you.

“I’ll never know if that connection I felt to you was something real, something we would have had with or without Julia sitting there pumping things into our heads. Because even though I fully realize she was doing that, it... it all felt so real to me. That connection we made just felt completely real, completely devastating.

“I worry that no matter what Julia does to me now, somehow I’ll always have that left in the back of my mind... that maybe what I felt with you, while we were both ‘dreaming’ last night, is also what it could have been like with you in real life. Imagine that... not having to be some kind of totally-submissive, empty, confused, constantly-hypnotized fuckdrone, or whatever-the-hell it is that Julia plans to make out of me... not having to be brainwashed, or fed some shitty, tainted, artificial version of everything I felt last night, all so Julia can permanently keep the hook in my mouth.

“I can’t stop thinking about that, about what I already know Julia’s going to do to me, versus what it might have been like just being with you... maybe getting to feel like I felt last night with you, just naturally... maybe even feeling that every day, no hypno-bullshit, no mind games, just an incredibly lucky normal guy in a normal waking world.

“And now I guess I’ll die never having known. I’ll die never having found out for sure whether or not it could have possibly been that good with you in reality... whether we could have been that incredibly good together all the time, just being who we already are. And right now, at least, nothing else I’ve been through in this whole fucking pointless life has ever hurt as much or as deeply as that particular realization.

“...’K, Elizabeth,” Jim sighed, “I’ll see you tomorrow, probably. Don’t be surprised if, like, I suddenly don’t recognize you any more. And please take care of yourself.”

Jim turned the doorknob. As he began to pull the door toward him, he felt Elizabeth’s hand come to rest firmly on his shoulder, pulling him gently. He turned to face her.

“I know it’s probably not much consolation to you right now,” Elizabeth said, peering deeply into him with tear-stained eyes, “but you really don’t have to die not knowing.”

She leaned into him, pushing, using his body to close the door, her soft, round lips glistening in the dim light. She leaned in still closer.

Moments later, Jim’s head spun wildly.