The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Author’s note: My second contribution, covering a few catagories, one of my favorites and one that I hardly ever see done well. I’d like to think this can fill in a gap. Also, this is paced a bit slower than my previous story—deliberately, and hopefully with the intended impact. Feedback is always welcome. Enjoy!

—Rikimaru

The Au Lait Way

1.

“That... is... absolutely... disgusting,” Erika said loudly, as they stood in line, waiting to order their coffee.

Kate and Jessica looked in the direction of their co-worker’s dirty glares and exchanged a look. Other customers in line were giving Erika glances, but the woman sitting in the corner, nursing a quiet infant held to her bosom, didn’t seem to notice.

“Well,” Jessica began timidly, “its only natural—”

“It’s natural to romp around naked and crap outdoors,” Erika spat back, venomously. “I’m just trying to get my morning latte and I have to watch this repulsive display in public.

“Like a hog, suckling her litter, in the middle of Starbucks!”

This time the mother did take notice. Still cradling her baby, she rose swiftly, abandoning her unfinished coffee, and walked out the nearest exit, casting a pointed, resentful glare of her own back at Erika.

Another look passed between Kate and Jessica, but neither of them spoke; they knew better than to try and argue with Erika when she got going on one of her tirades. They simply put their orders in, awaiting the opportunity to get back to the office and away from their opinionated, noxious co-worker.

“Venti latte with soy.”

“Uh, excuse me!”

Erika strode over to the counter where another woman was apparently taking her drink from the barista—she literally pulled the cup out of the woman’s hand without hesitation.

“I’m so sorry about that,” the woman said.

Erika’s mouth hung open slightly in shock as the other woman turned to face her. So far as Erika was concerned, the woman looked like a porn star pretending to be an office executive. The grey skirt clung to the woman’s slim thighs and full bottom, and was entirely too short. This was very marginally mitigated by the thigh high stockings that covered the woman’s shapely legs, accentuated by 6 inch stiletto heels, held up by a garter belt that the skirt’s short hemline revealed.

The matching grey blazer and white button down blouse would have blended right into any corporate setting, if the effect hadn’t been ruined by the woman’s enormous, firm bust straining at the buttons, the cleavage practically spilling out.

Running a hand through her long blonde mane of hair, she leveled her gaze on Erika with clear sky blue eyes.

“Don’t mention it,” Erika mumbled, feeling inexplicably self conscious, which was ridiculous. She should have been the intimidating one with her intentionally formidable thick black frame glasses. Her brunette hair, pulled back in a tight bun, along with her tweed suit and sensible oxfords, embodied the complete image of total professionalism, which this trallop was no doubt trying—and failing—to emulate.

“You know, I couldn’t help overhearing your conversation with your colleagues. If you don’t mind my saying so, you came off rather insensitive, undiplomatic and, frankly, rude.”

The woman’s criticism quickly snapped Erika out of her near trance. She wasn’t about to take insults from this daytime prostitute. “Actually I do mind,” she answered coldly. “What business is it of yours?”

“None,” the blonde woman said easily with a shrug. “I am a professional development mentor, however.”

She handed Erika a business card, which read “Au Lait Institute for Women’s Success” and just below that, Dr. Tiffany Roberts.

“Uh huh,” Erika said brusquely, slipping the card into her jacket pocket, rather than tossing it on the floor as she felt inclined to do.

“Feel free to stop by if you ever feel in need of improvement...” Dr. Roberts turned and walked out the door without waiting for a response. Erika watched her shapely behind sway out the door, where she got into an expensive looking Mercedes coupe.

She shook her head suddenly, and turned to see Kate and Jessica standing huddled together, watching everything unfold with avid interest.

“What are you two rubbernecks gawking at? Let’s go.”

* * *

Erika settled down in front of her workstation, going through her emails as she sipped her coffee, sighing with aggravation as she read each one. How this office even functioned was beyond her—everyone was utterly incompetent, bombarding her with menial tasks and stupid questions.

She had replied to her fourth irritating, poor composed email, giving the keyboard a series of loud taps as she banged out a pointed response, when she realized that something was different about her usual morning latte. It was somehow... richer, more decadent. That idiot barista probably used whole milk instead of soy, she thought. Well, she wasn’t about to walk back over there now. She’d chew her out tomorrow morning instead.

She was halfway through the cup when she finished looking through her inbox, and she sat back in her office chair for a moment, taking a deep sip and closing her eyes. The flavor was simply delicious. Rich and buttery, creamy, with a hint of sweetness. Erika was shocked at the difference just by switching out soy. Hmm, maybe she could make an exception to her vegan diet, she thought to herself.

She finished the last dregs with a surprisingly strong feeling of regret that there wasn’t more. She thought about going back down to the coffeehouse to get another. Then she tossed the foam cup into the wastebasket and went about her day.

It was just another typical annoying day in the office with the rest of the cattle until 3 PM, when Erika felt like she was coming down with something. The computer screen was starting blur in front of her, and there seemed to be a ringing sound in her ears. She felt rather lightheaded, and flushed. Standing up, she had to grab her desk to keep from toppling over.

“Are you okay?” Jessica asked from the next cube over, looking over the divider with concern.

Erika held a hand up to the side of her face, steadying herself, using the other hand to flap dismissively at her nosy neighbor.

“Yeah, it’s fine... I’m, uh... fine.”

“Maybe you should go home?”

She’d probably love that, wouldn’t she, Erika thought darkly in spite of her spinning head, so she and Kate could gossip and chat all day without anyone to see how little work they actually did. Erika felt like telling Jessica that maybe she should shut her gibbering mouth and mind her own business, but found she was too dizzy to manage even that.

It was just as well. Shortly after, she ended up following her co-worker’s suggestion and left the office early to go home and rest. Walking into her tidy one bedroom apartment, she lay down on top of the bed, covers and all, without even getting undressed, and fell immediately asleep.

* * *

Erika woke up suddenly, out of a fitful and uncomfortable sleep. She fumbled for her nightstand clock, and saw it was nearly 4 AM. She’d been asleep for over 12 hours, but still felt as though she hadn’t slept in days. But more compelling than her extreme exhaustion was a deep thirst, which urgently needed quenching.

With all the strength she could muster, Erika dragged herself out of bed, stumbling over to the bathroom, shrugging out of the stifling tweed suit as she went, stripping down to her underwear. She turned the tap on and opened her mouth below the spigot, drinking greedily straight from the faucet for nearly a full minute. Though her belly was full of water, she still felt thirstier than she’d ever been.

Whimpering slightly with fatigue, she half crawled to the kitchen, and pulled open the refrigerator door, taking out a carton of juice. Erika took one gulp and found the taste so sickeningly cloying that she flung the container away from herself, the carton hitting the cabinet, its contents spilling out onto the linoleum floor.

Erika pulled out a quart of milk, drinking directly from the carton. It was bitter, so bitter... But something about it sated the deep thirst finally. She drank, the milk overflowing, spilling over her chin, onto her bare chest.

When the carton was empty, she slumped over, her back resting against the cabinet, as she fell back into a deep slumber. Goosebumps prickled up on her arms as the cold air from refrigerator drifted over her, the door fully ajar.