The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

“Children of the Mist”

* * *

This story is the conclusion of Danny’s story arc in the “Chateau Aensland” saga. Read those stories if you haven’t.

* * *

PART TWO

MELISSA’S DREAM: “Turn Up the Volume”

“I want something to believe in
When it all comes crashing down
Remake the world, no pain, no violence
Turn up the volume till there’s total silence...”
— Tata Young, “I Want What I Want”
* * *

I was walking through the halls of the church. Many people were gathered. There was a body in the coffin.

I knew it was my body.

Nobody else could see me. They were all too busy praying. I looked in the coffin. I didn’t recognize the body as mine; she was so old. But they were all speaking of “Sister Mary Paul”. I knew that’s who I was.

I was Melissa Lilithborne now.

I found the cross that symbolized the church I used to worship. I saw the figure that used to give me so much comfort as a nun. It now reminded me daily of the agonizing torture that we all expected life to be. Had He given His life for nothing? I kept asking myself that now.

That’s when I saw Her, and remembered.

“I do not believe you truly wish to live and die here in the memory of this man,” She had said. “Come with me, Melissa.”

“How do you know my name?” I had asked. I was so cheeky.

“I feel your pain, my daughter,” she said.

“In the name of Jesus Christ, get thee hence from me, Satan!” I shouted. But I didn’t want to fight. I knew what this meant. I was a faker. Always meant for damnation.

When it was all over, I was weeping profusely. I didn’t want to live this life anymore. I could not serve God and mammon. I’d preferred simply ceasing to exist.

How could I believe, back then, that a true angel had touched me that day?...

* * *

Melissa woke up in bed next to Danny, who was asleep. His face was stained with tears.

She rose to her knees on the bed and looked at his sleeping form. Why had he been crying? She vaguely recalled an echo in her mind, commanding her to forget... something. What?

The dream?

Melissa remembered being with Danny, then everything faded into a beautiful, warm light. It wasn’t blinding like man-made light; this was warm and embracing; and there was an angel there. Melissa didn’t need to be told who it was; it was Gabriel, the angel of God, and he’d come for her. But why?

“Melissa?”

Maria was standing in the doorway, wearing a long T-shirt with a heart on it. Melissa felt a compulsion to look down. Red socks with pink hearts. Melissa felt a faint throb. Was she seeing Maria with Danny’s eyes?

But the hunger that was awakened was Melissa’s own, without a doubt.

“Come with me, Melissa,” Maria said, offering her hand. “Danny has to sleep alone tonight.”

Melissa’s love for Maria was second only to her love for her Mommy, so she obeyed without question.

* * *

Maria led Melissa to Maria’s personal room. Melissa had been here before, and seen the religious iconography. She had a feeling in her heart that something important was going to happen today. She sensed a twinge of fear coming from Maria.

Maria went to a drawer and retrieved a floral pattern T-shirt and a pair of thin pink socks with frill cuffs and handed them to Melissa. “These are for you to wear,” she said.

Melissa put them on. The shirt was the same size as the one Maria wore; however, since Melissa was much taller than Maria, the shirt went only down just far enough to cover Melissa’s nether regions. She then put on the socks, and felt her hunger increase. As Lilith had told Danny so long ago, everyone in the house had the same fetish he had.

“Let’s snuggle,” Maria urged after Melissa was dressed.

The two lay on the bed and touched noses for a bit. Maria murred softly upon Melissa’s mouth and it became a gentle kiss. Melissa felt a strong urge to caress Maria, but uncharacteristically restrained herself.

Maria noticed right away. “What’s wrong, Melissa?” She touched Melissa’s flame red hair. “You’re not yourself tonight.”

Melissa drew herself up on the bed and ran her fingers through her hair. “I had a bad dream.”

“Tell me about it,” Maria whispered as her eyes met Melissa’s.

The red-headed girl felt her mind drift as she told Maria about the dream, almost as if it were happening to someone else.

Maria nodded quietly and her eyes shimmered, causing Melissa to drift even more. An empty-minded smile formed on Melissa’s face.

“We’ve been very close, haven’t we, Melissa?” Maria said, still laying down but still keeping her eyes on her sister.

Melissa nodded. “Uh huh.”

“But I haven’t told you the truth... the whole truth, about who I am,” Maria said with a sigh. “I think it’s time that you know... no, I shouldn’t have hidden it from you. I should have told you from the beginning.”

Melissa felt her body curl back up on the bed, so their eyes were now level. Stars seemed to shine in Maria’s eyes. Melissa felt dazzled, like she couldn’t look away if she wanted to. ‘But why would I want to?’ Her heart raced.

“When you were a child, you said a prayer to me,” Maria said, and reached to touch Melissa’s shoulder. “The answer... now that you know who Glynis is... it will take some time to explain it to you.”

“Oh my God,” Melissa touched her mouth.

“Please get on your knees,” Maria said, as she did the same. “And raise your arms.”

Melissa obeyed. Her heart wasn’t racing anymore. Her skin, however, felt on fire.

Maria pulled off Melissa’s shirt and put it aside. “Since you just put it on, it should be okay for later,” she said.

“Why’d you have me put it on if I was just gonna take it off?” Melissa asked with a girlish little giggle.

“Danny wanted to see you in it,” Maria replied.

Melissa opened her mouth to say that Danny wasn’t here, but Maria’s eyes seemed to sparkle with a light that said, “He’s with us”. She nodded in reply, as Maria pulled off her own shirt.

“Glynis was born with a love of life that characterizes children of Lilith,” Maria said. “She wanted to experience this love fully, but she knew what she would risk. Eventually, she decided, that everybody needed love. She didn’t want to hold herself back. Even if it meant loving someone who was sick.”

Melissa felt her eyes tear up as she suddenly felt the desire to look away. She couldn’t obey that impulse, though. “You’re not...”

“I am,” Maria said. “Although... it hurts a little bit that you don’t believe me, I can understand. Then again, you haven’t smelled the tulip yet, so I should have expected it...”

“If you are who you say you are, tell me why...”

“Your parents couldn’t afford a pony, you silly goose.”

“Well... that isn’t gonna impress me!” Melissa giggled despite herself. “You can read my mind, after all!”

“This is an oracle situation, I think,” Maria said. “You’re simply going to have to choose whether you believe in me, or not.”

“I want to believe,” was Melissa’s response. “But... how can it be possible?”

“Anything is possible. It’s all a matter of what we choose. Even surrendering our choice is a choice. I chose to surrender to Mommy, and make that choice every day, just like you.”

Maria then opened her arms to Melissa.

Suddenly, Melissa felt afraid. Whereas before, she always felt close, comfortable and very, very sexual with Maria, now it felt like a mere mortal stepping on holy ground.

“You know that if I am who I say I am, I could make you forget about the concerns you have right now, right?” Maria took Melissa’s hand and held it. “Do you want me to?”

Melissa actually found the strength to break from Maria’s gaze, looking down at her knees.

“What was it like?” she asked.

“Painful,” Maria said. “But it’s okay now. He watches over all of us.”

Melissa looked back up at Maria, who opened her arms again. Melissa leaned in, uncertain of herself and wanting to be close to Maria, and they kissed. Forgetful of herself now, Melissa fell back upon the bed, as Maria became more assertive with her movements.

“Close your eyes,” Maria said after one kiss. “And drift for me.”

Melissa did so and fell into a dream...

* * *

The sunlight. A river. A tree. And a blonde-haired girl sitting under the tree.

Glynis.

“’Lissa,” she said to me.

I sat down beside her. I was taller than her, but here, I seemed to fit nicely under her arm.

“Are you going to get better?” I asked her.

“If God wills it,” she replied. She knew that wasn’t the answer I wanted to hear. But it was the truth.

“How can you trust God? He lets so many bad things happen.”

“I let the bad things happen, ‘Lissa... I think you know that, too. You didn’t come here to hear the truth from me.”

Glynis then stroked my hair. “Let’s kiss, sister,” she cooed.

“Are you sure that’s okay?”

“Are you?”

Before I knew what I was doing, I was passionately kissing my own blood sister. No... it was different here, wasn’t it? She kissed me back with passion, too, as if we were just getting reacquainted. I recalled that usually, when I came to this place, I’d just lay with Glynis. I mean, it was just a dream here; I didn’t have the same hunger, the same needs.

But now I did.

“I love you, sister...”

* * *

“You never let me taste you before,” Maria said, looking up from between Melissa’s legs.

Melissa returned to herself, her body lost in a natural high. She’d just orgasmed.

“How do I taste?” Melissa asked.

“Like a peach,” Maria replied, and cuddled up next to Melissa, closing her eyes. “I’d like to sleep now.”

Melissa nodded.

“You can leave me if you want,” Maria said. “I know you want to go to the garden.”

Melissa tried to think of words to say. Maria’s revelation had changed the way Melissa thought of her... or at least, it should have. Melissa wondered if perhaps the dream meant that she’d asked Maria to make her accept it.

Maybe the answer was in the flower...

* * *

A soft but audible wind blew through the garden as Melissa entered. She’d replaced her shirt and put on sandals so she could walk without mussing her socks. She looked at the many flowers. Maria had shown Melissa which flower was hers, but on that day, Melissa hadn’t had the courage.

Tonight, she walked towards the tulip and felt a warm, inviting aura surround her.

‘Smell me... no time for hesitation,’ the flower seemed to say.

Melissa kneeled, then leaned forward and took in a deep breath.

It smelled like peaches...

* * *

I don’t usually dream, but lately I had been starting to have nightmares. They would make me scared to close my eyes sometimes...

But now that I smelled the tulip... my flower... I remember.

I remember flying through the air on wings of satin and desire.

I remember talking to others, sharing my joy, and others would simply smile, as if they knew.

The journey was not the happiness for them. Only in the destination did they find joy.

That was okay. I believed that would be okay. A life of search was not for everyone, after all...

I met Mother and it all changed. And now it was a matter less of remembering, and more of forgetting... just like how She made me forget everything when we first met...

“Please don’t die, Elizabeth,” She said softly.

“I’m not dying... I’m just going to sleep.”

My eyes closed, but I whispered, “Don’t forget me... I’m sure we will meet again, Lilith, my Mother.”

I felt the warmth of Her body, and the heat of Her bitter tears, as I died.

I was gone once, but we’re together again, Melissa. So be happy.

* * *

Melissa opened her eyes. “So Elizabeth is my name,” she said aloud.

And the moon shined as if to agree with her.

“I didn’t think I’d find you here,” a voice called behind Melissa.

It was Julie...

“I came here to tend to my flower before I left,” Julie said, smiling. “Elizabeth is your true name?”

Melissa nodded.

“We should celebrate that before you go,” Julie replied, and gave a closed-eyed smile. “Come to my room. After I’m done watering my daisy, I’ll see you there.”

Melissa walked by Julie, but before she left the garden, she touched Julie’s hand with her own, and slid it up and down her arm.

“If you’re a good girl, I’ll let you have some peaches,” Melissa whispered.

And she felt oranges begin to grow in the grove of Julie’s heart.

* * *

Danny stirred restlessly in his bed.

He was having dreams of video arcades and defeating people and being number one; a destiny he was never comfortable with. But he’d have to face up to it one day. It was never really a matter of Danny’s ego driving him to be number one. He just watched the lives of winners and knew they would end up lonely people.

“Danny Danny, you know you’re in candyland still, right?”

Sandy was in his dream, but she appeared as a talking black kitten in it for some reason. Danny leaned down and picked her up.

“So where are the candy people?” he asked.

“We ate ‘em,” Sandy replied, and stuck her tongue out at her brother. Danny laughed.

“Let’s go home, Sandy Dandy,” Danny said.

“Yey!” Sandy purred. She jumped on top of Danny’s head, and together they ran east.

TO BE CONTINUED IN “Is It Really OK?”