The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Clocks and Timepieces 1: The Frame

Issue 7

In The Arms of Ruby

“Welcome to our humble abode,” Ruby said with a grin, as they stepped inside the very swank, very large mansion that served as their base of operations. “Please, feel free to relax and grab a seat. I’ll have Jeeves bring us some refreshments,” she said, moving to the intercom on the wall.

“Jeeves bring us some drinks please!” Ruby said.

Kyle noted the butler and mentally stored that, he could probably use something like that later to keep his schedule straight, monitor his health signs, his techno armor status, automatically do some of the things he always did when meeting people or walking around. Sounded like a pretty good idea. He’d talk to Gene.

“So Kyle.” Diamond said, “How can we help?”

“Ok. Well let me explain a little first. For Jimmy’s sake at the very least. I can tell you a little bit more of my background and story. I’m Kyle Albinn but my real name is Kyle Chang. I’m the son of Lacie Gilbertson and Ben Chang. I adopted Albinn because Parker Albinn was my role model and mentor. All of this happened in another dimension, a dimension where Omega Girl never escaped Brainstorm’s clutches, remained Dark Star, and the whole world was systematically conquered and ruled by him. I was one of the only ones left. As a last ditch effort to save our world, we decided to head back in time to stop Brainstorm from ever defeating Omega Girl in the first place. We didn’t go back. We ended up here instead.

My girlfriend Gwen, who happens to be Eva Snow’s mom, Parker Albinn’s grandmother, was sent back to the forties and lived up until now. She was just killed by a villain known as the Jabberwocky. He killed her defeated me, and then messed with my head. I have to figure him out as well as defeat him because his presence is somehow disrupting reality, fate, and space-time. That’s bad juju, we don’t want that.

I have the ability to absorb people’s powers through touch and emotional connections. Empathic Power Absorption. That could be a kiss, it could be sex, etc. But it’s strongest if I have an emotional connection of some sort. I have Gwen’s powers because we kissed and I loved her for example.

Now for what I need help with. I need a magical artifact called The Vorpal Blade, which is locked in a chamber guarded by a horde of powerful super powered warriors sworn to protect it. The Vorpal Blade allows me to fix and mend the torn fabric of space time conflicts. I have to fight the super powered warriors alone based on magical enchantments protecting the Blade. I need power in order to defeat them all, so I’m asking you for help. Sex or a kiss, anything you’d be willing to offer so that I might be able to defeat these guardians, get The Vorpal Blade, and defeat The Jabberwocky and save the world.”

Kyle sighed, finishing his speech, “Any questions or thoughts? Don’t be shy. I’m the former leader of a super powered black ops insurgency. Everything you say is treated seriously, and it’s on the table for discussion. I promise you it won’t faze me.”

“Okay,” Jimmy said after a moment. “Well... I’ll assume for the moment, that if you’re here with my mom... er... OUR mom—Goddess Bless, that is going to give me a headache before this is over—then you’ve also met my dad... and that he signed off on this crazy scheme of yours as well. And, again, giving you the benefit of the doubt, that you don’t have mind control powers of some kind and haven’t simply brainwashed my mom into believing all this and going along with you for credibility, which, again, is definitely in the realm of possibility—”

“Jimmy!” Lacie protested with a scowl, crossing her arms.

“Face it, mom, if you have one weakness, it’s succumbing to mind control,” Jimmy countered. “invincible body, vulnerable brain. But again, that’s not even the issue here. The discussion is on how best to help Kyle with his mission to save the world... assuming we even agree to help.” He crossed his arms, smirking. “You might be my brother, but I’m not having sex with you. And I’m not big on kissing guys either, though I suppose I might, if you brought me flowers and candy first...”

“Dammit, Frasier,” Emerald grunted, rolling her eyes. “Can’t you take anything seriously?”

“I am taking this seriously!” Jimmy growled back, suddenly, letting a bit of frustration show. “It’s the situation that seems ludicrous to me!” He sighed softly, closing his eyes, calming down. The last thing he needed to do was lose his temper and let his ‘gremlins’ loose. “Look, Kyle... I understand what you’re saying. I get what you’re trying to do. But really, can you honestly come out and ask a bunch of strangers to have sex with you in order to save the world and think that would actually work?”

“You saw me use Omega Beams. You saw my magnetism shield. You saw my techno armor. I’ve got a lot of powers. Can you explain that? It works. You don’t have to believe me but it does. And if you’d like the chocolate and flowers, I’ll throw in some wine and a fancy night out in Paris if you’d like.”

“I’ll do it,” Ruby chimed in, returning to the group.

“I mean, it’s a great pickup line and all, but seriously, ther—what the HELL?!?” Jimmy turned, gaping at the redheaded vixen, who blushed and glanced down at her boots.

“What? You heard the guy,” Mandy replied defensively. “Army of super powered boogeymen, Vorpal Blade, saving the world? And, I mean, he’s really kind of hot,” she added, a small red flame spreading out along her body before vanishing again, “and coming from ME, that’s a compliment.”

“Thanks.” Kyle said with a chuckle and wink directed Ruby’s way, “I appreciate it.”

“I’m in too,” Sapphire interjected, causing the group to glance at her as well. “For, um, the same reasons Ruby listed, We’re talking about saving the world, after all. I’m willing to, uh, ‘take one for the team’, as it were.”

“Thanks as well.” Kyle said, giving her a smile and wink.

Jimmy glanced at both women, shaking his head. “Really? REALLY? You just MET the guy a few minutes ago, and you’re already ready to jump his bones?” He grunted, crossing his arms. “Sheesh... known me for months, and none of them threw yourselves at ME this way...”

“Well, for one thing, you have a girlfriend,” Jette pointed out, grinning wickedly. “And I might be a lot of things, but I’m not stupid enough to get on Devon’s bad side.” She glanced at Kyle again, and sighed dramatically. “Well... I suppose, for the good of the world and all that... I guess I would offer myself as well... you know... if you’re interested.”

“Hah. Thanks I’ll take your offer.” Kyle laughed to himself internally, “If it’s not too much trouble.”

“Okay, well, we seem to have a general consensus that we should indeed help Mr. Albinn with his quest,” Diane said diplomatically, glancing at her teammates one by one. “Although, um... I think the rest of us would prefer to aid you through kissing. No offense, Kyle, but you are not my type, and Emily and Amber are in a committed relationship.”

“I, however, am not,” Pearl added in, suddenly. “Please pardon my presumptiveness, Kyle, but when you were... um... distracted, I took a quick peek inside your mind, as your brother suggested to me earlier.” She blushed slightly. “I am satisfied with what I saw, You are indeed everything you say you are. And... um... if you are not opposed, I would also like to add my talents to your own... in the more... ah, carnal fashion...”

Kyle’s laugh was a little forced and strained, “Smart kid. Alright. Good. Fine.”

He shook his head in frustration, he was going to have to train himself better in the psychic defense arts.

Jimmy sighed heavily. “Sorry about that, Kyle. But, well... I had to be sure. You told a really incredible story after all, and other than shadowstriking you and taking the truth directly from your brain, I had no way of knowing this wasn’t some elaborate story.” He grinned sheepishly. “So, ah, I suppose you could noogie me just this once if you’re still pissed?”

“We can talk later. But we’re good for now. I would have done the same thing. I’d actually like to talk later. Wanted to borrow your Marvin Gaye CD’s.”

Jeeves came round and brought several drinks, Kyle tapped the man and asked for a whiskey, he responded that he didn’t have any, much to Kyle’s chagrin.

“Okay. Now that that’s all settled then... what now? Do you guys want to form a line of something? Or a group orgy?” Jimmy’s grin faded as he found seven rather serious women glaring at him.... eight counting his own mom. “Er, or, I could just shut up now and let you guys figure it out, since I’m not a part of this,” he said wisely, sitting back down on the sofa.

“You talk like that in front of mom?” Kyle teased, “Maybe you’re not as smart as I thought. Anyway, I’m not a monster. I don’t want to just bang you and be done. I’m not the one and done kinda guy. I’d like to talk to you individually, the ones who’d like to go somewhere more private that is. Get to know you over a longer period, maybe a few days for each if you’d like. It’s not a date mind you. Unless you have other thoughts. But the stronger emotional connection the better for me, and you ladies all seem like interesting and accomplished individuals who I’d like to be friends and allies with anyway. As for you other three. A kiss will suffice and I would love to get to know you better as well. We should do that now unless you have objections?”

The three nodded, and one by one the three girls kissed Kyle, tentatively from Emily and Amber, but as their lips made contact, the girls quickly pressed in for more. Kyle, like a good gentleman, broke the kiss when the power transfer was complete.

“Damn.” Diane said after the kiss.

The three girls looked at each slightly flushed. It was obvious to all what the kisses had done to the three of them.

“We ah…we’ll leave you guys be.” Emily said, grabbing Amber quickly and leaving the room.

Diane followed after them, looking a little flustered. Kyle glanced over at Jimmy, who’s jaw was dropping to the ground, and gave him a wink. Then he snapped his hands, turning his skin to pure diamond and forming an energy shield around himself. Finally, he put on a little light show, but his light was again purple and not green like Emerald’s powers.

“That’s like three different kind of energy beams now.” Kyle said with a grin, “Microwaves, Omega Beams, and now this! Now all I need is Parker’s powers and a little smoke power and I can be a walking tech crew for a concert.”

He powered down, his skin returning back to normal. Assessing the four remaining girls, who were surprised and impressed with Kyle’s immediate use of their teammates abilities, and determined Pearl should be next.

“Pearl, would you accompany me first?” He asked.

(Pearl. You seem like you aren’t much for the conversation or the getting to know. So I figured we could go first.) Kyle said, contacting Pearl in her head.

She nodded.

“Jette, after we’re finished, I’ll take you somewhere nice?” Kyle asked, “Get to know you better?”

“Sounds good.” She replied.

Kyle offered his arm to Pearl and he escorted her out of the room.

(We can go to my room.) Pearl said.

(Okay. Lead the way.)

As they walked up the stairs and then down a hallway, they continued the conversation,

(Why’d you agree?) Kyle asked, (You don’t seem the type to just “jump my bones” to quote my brother.)

(When I ah…was peaking inside your head. I saw you and Ana Albinn. Your psychic connection…)

(Ah.) Kyle said with a smile, (That makes sense. The connection is definitely on another level.)

(I couldn’t miss the opportunity.) Pearl replied.

(What’s your real name?)

(Mei Nuo Chen.) Pearl replied.

(Can I call you Mei?)

(Yes.)

The yes was accompanied with a warm pleasant feeling, like a psychic smile. Kyle laughed thinking back on her words, (You know. You’re right.)

(??)

(All the psychics in the world are either heroic women, or walking dicks masquerading as villains. This really is an opportunity for you.)

And then there’s me and my alter ego. Kyle thought.

They reached Mei’s room and stopped at the doorway, he turned to her.

(How would you like to—)

But she was already moving in to kiss him. The fire immediately started as they kissed and Mei was initially surprised drawing back slightly, but then attacking once again with renewed fervor. She shirked off her costume as Kyle moved her towards the bed. Once again, psychically removing his clothes he smiled, an idea coming to him. Using his telekinesis, they began to float in mid-air, Mei on the bottom, him on top, as he kissed her neck and she moaned. He let his psychic defenses down as did she, and their thoughts started to become interchangeable. Lust, passion desire. She loved his abs, he thought her hair was sexy. Pure pleasure when he massaged her breasts, an explosion of ecstasy when he first entered her dripping snatch. Kyle took it slow, tender, and light as the Asian girl writhed in ecstasy beneath him as they floated four feet off the ground. The intense fire of his power draining enveloped him, and he orgasmed. He had lost count of hers.

* * *

Coming back down the stairs, his hair a little messy, his shirt in his hand and his jacket over his shoulder, he entered the room where the three girls sat, waiting for him.

“Your mom and brother went to spend some time together elsewhere.” Jette said.

“Well your next Jette. As I said, I’d love to get to know you better first, but if you…ah just wanna go right now well then we can do the get to know you part later.”

“Well-ah.” Jette responded a little unsure of herself. From behind, Sapphire grabbed her arm and suddenly Jette blurted out, “I just want to fuck you so bad!”

Jette turned furiously to Sapphire “Of all the times!”

Sapphire and Ruby meanwhile were just laughing. At the same time Kyle, did a quick scan of Jette’s sexual preferences, and found that she wanted a dominant kind of man. Using his telekinesis, he dragged her out of the room without her noticing initially.

“Hey! Where are we? Put me down!”

“Come on Julie.” Kyle said, “I’m a psychic. I can read your mind. Now shush and just let me go to work.”

Jette found herself unable to talk, her mouth sealed shut by telekinesis. She found herself dragged into a room and forced to her knees after being stripped of all her clothes. He kissed her, a fire of lust and desire immediately washing through her body. She could feel herself growing wet from the feeling and her absolute lack of control.

“Get me off, and maybe I’ll consider actually consummating this encounter.” Kyle said.

He unfurled his dick with a flourish, releasing his telekinetic hold over Jette. Immediately she went to work sucking his member hard with her lips forming a perfect “o”. He grabbed her head, forcing her down so that she gagged, but she dutifully swirled her tongue around his member and he groaned with pleasure. He released her when he was satisfied and she coughed a little and looked up at him. He picked her up, lifting her onto his dick and he took her hard and fast. The explosion ran through him once again and he could feel his strength increase. This only drove him to plow into her even harder.

* * *

“How’d you get this place in Vegas lover boy?” Stephanie asked her words slightly slurred.

“With psychic powers you can basically do anything.” Kyle said, “Including getting a private suite for the night.”

“I had a really good time.”

“Did you like the blue cocktail? Thought of it myself. It’s the Sapphire, your own personal drink.”

“Yeah! I haven’t tried anything fancy until today.” Stephanie replied with a hiccup.

“You’re a little drunk. We should wait till tomorrow.” Kyle replied.

“No.” She said stumbling over to wrap herself around him, “I wanted to do this a while ago. You’re not taking advantage.”

Kyle turned and kissed Sapphire on the lips. She was much shorter than he was, she only came up to his chest. The fire exploded between them. He was surprised at it and drew back. The feeling was the same as when he had kissed Gwen way back when. He had thought it was just the chemistry between them…maybe it was something more? It couldn’t have been a coincidence.

“What’s wrong?” She asked she pouted, “I mean besides that being the most amaaaaazing kiss ever!”

“I haven’t gotten that powerful of a kiss power transfer before.” Kyle said, pondering.

She rubbed against him, “well maybe I’m just a good kisser.”

Kyle, remembering that he had a beautiful girl wanting to have sex with him, stopped his thinking and simply acted. Sapphire’s chest was big and out there.

“What’s your size?” He asked.

“I wear a 34DD.” She said seductively, teasing off the straps of her dress to reveal her boobs encased in a pushup bra. He removed the bra and suckled her nipples.

“Damn, these are perfect.” Kyle said, causing the girl to blush.

He sucked and kissed her nipples.

“Turn around for me.” He ordered.

She did, but this time a little more awkwardly and shyly. Kyle noted this as he hiked up her dress, a pale blue number that matched her hair. She was wearing a matching set of panties, a dark purple color which he peeled down, licking her pussy and she gasped.

“You’re really wet.”

Without looking at her face, he could tell she was embarrassed. Apparently the slutty girl he had hung out with for the day was a little shy in the bedroom. Her bare ass was presented to him as her hands were on the bed, it was a beautiful but rather compromising position for her.

“I’m going to put it in. Is that alright?”

She turned to him and bit her lip and nodded. He entered her and she moaned with pure carnal joy as Kyle began to feel the power transfer, starting slow and moving faster as he went, Sapphire screams got louder and louder until he was spent. She had passed out slightly before he had finished and absent-mindedly wrapped her arm around him and cuddled up next to him as he turned off the lights in the room with a stroke of his thoughts and he covered them with covers.

That chemistry with Gwen…it wasn’t unique. I had it with this girl too. Even though I just got to know her. And she’s hot but I liked Ruby better in terms of looks. It can’t be that. I have no idea…is it really something as simple as chemistry?

He didn’t sleep well the rest of the night.

* * *

He kissed Ruby on their balcony overlooking the Portland skyline. They were in a high rise, and the power transfer between them was lower than yesterday had been with Sapphire. They had hung out in the city and Ruby seemed agreeable enough, although she was quite the hothead. He found if he managed to flex a little or showed off his physique, however, she got very distracted and lost her anger pretty quickly, much to his satisfaction and amusement. He kissed her harder and went to take her quickly. The sex with all the Gems, as wonderful as it was, was starting to become monotonous. He was still hung up on that feeling he had when kissing Sapphire. It had reminded him of Gwen so much. He barely registered Ruby’s mewls of lust and desire as she orgasmed over and over as he drained her powers. She was having the time of her life. All Kyle could do was think of Gwen.

* * *

“So tell me about this Super Sayian stuff.” Kyle said, tossing Jimmy a beer as they sat on a rooftop in Portland.

“It’s this TV show, an anime, where a bunch of people have powers. They draw upon energy from the earth and people and are able to utilize them to fly, fight, and shoot energy beams. When they ‘go Super Sayian’ their hair turns blonde and the get even stronger.”

“Oh alright. Hence your dad’s comments about my hair.”

“My dad made a DBZ reference?” Jimmy said with a laugh, “that’s so weird.”

“DBZ?”

“Oh right. Sorry. That’s the TV show Super Sayians come from. Dragon Ball Z.”

“Dragon Balls? Are you shitting me?”

“Nope. It’s really what it’s called.”

“Who wants to watch a show about a dragon’s balls? You sure you’re 100% straight little bro?”

Jimmy scowled at Kyle, but then laughed when Kyle gave him a big grin.

“So how were the Gems?” Jimmy asked spinning the bottle in the air with his shadow tendrils.

“Pretty hot actually.” Kyle said with a grin recalling the memory, “Ruby’s an animal, Jette’s surprisingly submissive. But I had this weird connection with Sapphire, it sent off fireworks.”

“What do you mean?” Jimmy asked, “By the way I’m super jealous.”

“I thought you got a girl already?” Kyle said with a teasing smirk.

“Well yeah. Devon’s amazing. Doesn’t mean I can’t be enamored with the idea.”

“True.” Kyle said amused. “Well anyway, kissing Sapphire was like kissing Gwen. Fireworks, the power influx. It was incredible. But my powers don’t act any different.”

“You should talk to Dad. He’d know.”

“Yeah that was my plan.”

“What about Sapphire?” Jimmy said looking Kyle right in the eye.

“What about her?” Kyle asked confused and with a shrug.

“If Gwen and you had that kinda chemistry, why not see if you and Stephanie do?” Jimmy said inquisitively.

“She’s like seventeen.” Kyle said with a scoff

“I guess.” Jimmy replied, now it was his turn to shrug, “Still.”

“You have a point. I don’t know though, feels like someone else might be out there you know?”

“If you’re saying that then yeah, you better move on. That chemistry’s not going to last.”

“What do you mean?”

“Katie and Jessica? They couldn’t stop talking about each other. I can’t stop talking about Devon. I just want it to happen. I need it. If you’re considering other options. Then she’s not the one.” Jimmy looked off into the distance at the Portland skyline.

“Hmm. Pretty wise words for a kid.” Kyle said with a smirk.

Guess that means Tone’s out too then? And Skye? And Nastia? Kyle thought to himself.

Jimmy extended his beer can, popping the lids off with his shadow powers, the two brothers clinked bottles,

“To finding and keeping, the one.” Jimmy said.

“To finding and keeping, the one.” Kyle agreed.

* * *

“Any ideas Gene?” Kyle asked.

“Aye. Give me a sec there laddie.” Eugene replied.

Kyle had brought his problems to the genius inventor. The power transfer from Sapphire had been so significantly different it had been astounding. He had tested the powers and it hadn’t felt any different. The truth serum power would be very useful. Tone and Hack were also there, along with a girl named Meghan who Eugene had introduced as a fellow technopath. Kyle had chosen to not use his psychic powers to check Meghan’s psyche, but he didn’t need superpowers to see what Hack was thinking about the girl. The mousy brown haired girl was pretty cute and had big glasses if you peeled away her questionable clothing choice. Much to Kyle’s surprise, Hack didn’t seem to very much enjoy Meghan’s presence but his disdain for her was almost tangible. Tone meanwhile, was wearing a very fashionable and chic outfit, something in direct contrast to Meghan’s appearance. Hack had just come from work and was wearing a button up and tie.

“I don’t see too much here.” Eugene eventually responded looking at the charts and graphs on his computer screen.

“Yeah I don’t understand it much either. Gwen makes sense initially because of our love and connection. But there was nothing there with Sapphire. And Shatterstar was utterly devoted to me but nothing in that regard. So it’s not emotional connection.” Kyle responded.

“I need more data Kyle.” Eugene responded.

“Right. Data” Kyle weighed his options, it was either Tone or the new girl Meghan.

“More…data?” Hack asked, “I’m sorry, I’ve been out of the loop. Why this weird emphasis on data?”

“When I kiss people Hack, I get about a third of their power, if we have sex it’s nearly a full if not full 100%” Kyle said. “When I kissed Gwen and when I kissed Sapphire, I felt a powerful influx of power from the both of them. But the power levels received are no different.”

“Aye and I need more data to study this new phenomena.”

“Huh.” Hack said, “Well I’m not kissing you.”

“Tone? Meghan?” Eugene asked, “Would one of you be so kind?”

“I’m not kissing you. I just met you.” Meghan said.

“Fair enough.” Kyle said, “Tone? Please? For science?”

“For science then.” Tone said with a sigh, “I hate science.”

Tone positioned herself by Eugene’s scanners and readers. Kyle walked over,

“After you calm down, and I’m done here. We should talk.”

“What do you—”

Kyle leaned in for the kiss and planted one right on her. Tone’s surprise was met with a sudden change in her as she pressed deeper into the kiss, she grabbed his shirt and pulled him tighter, opening her mouth for tongue. Tone was blown away by this kiss, it had surpassed her wildest fantasy of what kissing Kyle would be like. Meanwhile on Kyle’s end, the power influx was massive, just like with Sapphire and Gwen. Kyle broke away when he was satisfied, leaving Tone gasping.

“Get that?” Kyle asked, he was breathing a little heavy himself. He couldn’t tell, but the power influx might have been even greater than with Sapphire or even Gwen.

Tone looked at him with a feeling of longing and her thoughts leaked out to him. Thoughts of honor, his physical attractiveness, their lack of age gap, the school girl crush that had developed over time to deep romantic feelings. It shocked Kyle. He had no idea that she was that serious. Lacie had told him, warned, him…he hadn’t seen it. She was right, he definitely had to figure these things out.

“No power level transfer difference.” Eugene stated, looking at some computer screens, “But there isa difference.”

“What kind of difference?” Kyle asked, walking over to the computer screen, “Hmmm. What does this number mean?”

“It shows the potential power gained. Lacie Ann’s kissed capped out at about her power level of S. With Tone, even though she’s only a B power level, if you were ahem to get a little more intimate, you could reach a level A power level.”

“What’s the difference between Tone and the other girls?”

“It might sound crazy laddie, but I think it’s just chemistry.”

“You mean like fate? Like we’re more compatible?” Kyle asked. He immediately studied the data on the screen that much harder. Tone meanwhile, was shifting her stance uncomfortably across the room.

“Aye.” Eugene replied, “And look at this data point here.”

“What about it? Doesn’t look special to me.”

“That’s the net power gained.” Eugene said, “And the total is higher than the power ye just gained.”

Kyle turned the scanners onto Tone and data immediately popped up on the screen.

“No way.” Kyle said looking at Tone with surprise.

“What?” Tone asked, walking over.

“Lass, yer power levels increased because you kissed Kyle.”

“Because we’re compatible?” Tone asked.

“Aye.” Eugene said.

There was a loud crash behind them as a small little robot exploded and smashed into the wall of the lab.

“SHIT!” Hack exclaimed, “What the hell?! I spent hours on that thing.”

“Well maybe you should spend a few more hours then.” Meghan replied with a smirk, picking up what was presumably her own little robot and giving it a little kiss.

“What’s going on?” Kyle asked.

“We were battling our robots, I had to construct mine by hand. Meghan apparently can just spit one out in a few minutes, but some of us aren’t that lucky!” Hack pointed an accusatory in Meghan’s direction.

“Get to the point Hack.” Kyle sighed.

“He’s just mad that my robot won.” Meghan smirked.

“That is not true! You just destroyed a lot of my work! My hard, sweated out work!”

“Jason, didn’t you tell me earlier that you only spent like twenty minut—”

“That’s not the point!” Hack threw up his hands in exasperation, picked up the scraps of his robots, and stormed out of the lab.

“Sorry.” Meghan said, “We were bored.”

“Well things certainly got excitin’ in here.” Eugene said with an awkward grimace.

“Speaking of exciting.” Kyle said, “Did you check out the list of names I had for an alias or superhero name or whatever?”

“I took a look.” Tone said, “I liked Sundry the best.”

“Nastia liked that too.” Kyle said, “But I’m not convinced.”

“I had a thought.” Eugene said, “Theres a term in the field of theoretical inter-dimensional physics. Been postulated about for some time. I ken a little bit of it myself and I guess now, it’s more of a reality then I ever thought. There’s a term for an inter-dimensional being, somethin’ that travels between dimensions. They’re called ‘Sliders’. What do ye think of that?”

“Slider huh? I like it.” Kyle replied, “It’s appropriate, sounds cool. I’m in. That’s my new name.”

He turned to Tone, “You calmed down now?”

Tone nodded absent-mindedly, thinking on other things, and barely listening and then jerked up in surprise, “Oh yeah. Sure.”

“Alright Gene.” Kyle replied, “Thanks for the help. We’ll leave you be.”

“Before you go lad. I have a business party to attend and since Lacie Ann will be busy that night as are my other children, would ye consider accompanying me to the thing?”

“What time?”

“Tomorrow at eight.”

“I’ll need some new clothes.”

“We can figure that out lad. Is that a yes?”

“Why not?” Kyle said with a laugh, “What kid doesn’t want to go partying with his dad?”

Eugene chuckled, imagining the amount of jokes that would fly if both his sons were in the same room with their father.

* * *

“So Hack and Meghan huh?” Kyle asked as they went up to the Frasier balcony. The sun was just beginning to set and the colors of the sky were starting to turn from blue to yellow, red, and purple.

“Yes. That’s quite peculiar.” Tone replied.

“I think they’re going to like each other.” Kyle said with a laugh.

“Really?”

“Since when has Hack engaged a girl in conversation that passionately?”

“That’s true.” Tone replied, “He always talked to me respectfully and jokingly. This was quite the opposite.”

He turned, leaning against the balcony railing, looking at her.

“So I wanted to talk to you.” Kyle said, “After that kiss.”

“I know what you’re going to say.” Tone said, turning to him already ready with the answer, “It’s nothing.”

“It’s not nothing.” Kyle said, “You like me. In fact, it’s more than that.”

“Am I that obvious?” Tone asked with a blush, shocked that he knew and completely embarrassed.

“Yeah, I’m a psychic. A really strong one now. I didn’t peak at your thoughts, they leaked out after our kiss.”

“Goddess!” Tone said, smashing her fist onto the balcony railing bending the metal.

Tone sighed after she calmed down slightly, and cast a spell, fixing the rail with a powerful word,

Duga!

“Damn psychics.” Tone said.

“I’m sorry. It’s like eavesdropping on a shouting match, it’s impossible to ignore.” Kyle said.

“It’s fine.” Tone crossed her arms and pouted a little mostly due to her embarrassment.

“I’m sorry. But as I said, it’s impossible to ignore.” Kyle said, more prodding her to open up than anything else.

“Ok fine.” Tone said exasperated, “I had a schoolgirl crush on you back in Season. Your leadership, your charisma, your personal strength. They were attractive. They still are. And I know that you are a good man. And in this world, amongst the world of man, that is rare. You’re a good man. How can I help myself around that? And so yes I love you! Yes I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you! Satisfied my lord?”

She practically spat the last words out. Her anger had caused her face to scrunch up in a cute manner. She immediately shrunk back, growing more timid after her outburst and declaration.

“You’re cute when you’re angry.” Kyle said, “You always were.”

She looked at him.

“Damnit! Goddess! I still can’t get over these feelings! I know we can’t be together—”

“Who said we can’t?” Kyle asked.

Tone paused looking at him and he continued, “No one ever said that.”

“Kyle, you can’t lead me on like that. Those words, they’re powerful to me.”

“Shit!”

I’m such an idiot! This was supposed to be a tell you where you stand conversation. Not a conversation to lead you on! Kyle thought. He too slammed his fist into the railing and then fixed it with magic.

“I’m sorry.” Kyle said, ashamedly, “you’re right. I have to consider your feelings. I didn’t mean that we should get together. I just wanted to let you know that we never said that, don’t make assumptions.”

“Okay. Good. I’m glad that’s on the table.” Tone said, “But… when I see you with other girls, when I heard what you were doing? It hurts me a lot you know. You’re a good guy. And I understand what you’re doing and why you’re doing it. You’re just trying to save the world the best you know how and for whatever reason that means you have to go around kissing and having sex with any slut that comes your way. It hurts because I love you.”

Kyle sighed, “I’m sorry. I don’t know what else to do.” He sunk further into his slouch and stuck his hands in his pockets, twiddling his thumbs against the denim of his jeans.

“I know.” Tone said, “I know you’re a good man.” She smiled at him, it was a little forced, but Kyle appreciated the gesture anyway. He stood up.

“Look.” Kyle said, “I don’t know how I feel about anything right now. With Gwen gone. It’s been days, maybe a week or two since then. I haven’t recovered, I know I haven’t. I’m not ready for that sort of thing immediately. But with time…maybe we could figure something out. That’s not a promise, that’s not a rejection. It’s an ‘I don’t know’. I don’t know how I feel, I don’t know how this whole ‘fate chemistry’ plays in. It confuses me, I don’t know. And I’m not perfect. I’m not even that great, I just went around and seduced a whole shit ton of women for my own personal gain including a seventeen year old girl. I kissed my mom and liked it. I fucked my role models mom a few days ago and liked it. By no means am I good.”

“That’s not true.” Tone replied, “It’s not.” He looked her in the eye and he could tell she meant it.

“We can agree to disagree.” Kyle said with a smile, “But does that make sense?”

“Yeah.” Tone said, “I understand.”

“Good.” Kyle said, and he turned to walk inside.

“Kyle. Thanks.”

“For what?” He asked turning around.

“For this. This conversation. It means a lot for you to tell me where I stand. At least I won’t think myself to death now.”

“Hey, anytime.” Kyle said with a smile and a thumbs up.

* * *

Kyle attended the party on a private yacht off the coast. The boat was huge, practically a mansion in itself. Wealthy business people were there from all over River City. The party was being thrown by none other than Braxton Von Hoffe, one of the richest men in the city. Eugene had told him he’d have to mingle for a bit and then they’d leave as soon as possible.

Kyle, meanwhile, enjoyed himself with the fine food. Drinking a glass of fine wine, he surveyed the party and a girl caught his eye. She was fit and athletic but curvy in all the right places. She was short, maybe coming up to Kyle’s chest, with long flowing blonde hair. She was entertaining several men who seemed to be absolutely enamored with her. Manipulating The Labyrinth to become a profile scanner, Kyle learned that this was none other than Bethany Von Hoffe, the daughter of Braxton. She was a former cheerleader, a rich socialite, known for her party going lifestyle.

Sounds like the perfect girl to pass the time with. Now to grab her attention.

Kyle looked around for something to do and then came up with the perfect idea. Using his psychic powers, he found a waitress who couldn’t swim. Influencing her, he caused the poor girl to trip, dropping her tray of champagne which made a loud shattering noise on the ground. Her trip caused her to fly over the side of the boat and fall the twenty feet into the water.

“Shit! Kallie can’t swim!” Another waitress cried out, screaming and panicking.

Kyle shucked off his tuxedo jacket and leaped into the water and caught the girl but was surprised to find a third person in the water with him. Not being able to see who the mysterious third person was, they worked together to swim to the surface. The waitress, gasping for air and cried as Kyle looked over to see none other than Bethany Von Hoffe in the water with him.

* * *

“Here, these are some spare clothes Daddy has and never wears.” Bethany said, handing the mysterious stranger some of her father’s clothes. “There’s a bathroom over there you can change in and feel free to take a shower.”

“Thanks…” He said, “Uh—“

“Bethany.” She replied, shaking his wet hand, “Bethany Von Hoffe.”

He smiled at her, “I’m Kyle. Kyle Frasier.”

Kyle walked away and into the bathroom, stripping off his clothes and hitting the shower.

Why’d I lie about my name? I guess Frasier holds more weight cuz Eugene’s the billionaire. But man! What’s up with this girl? Not only is this girl hot, but she just risked her life and her expensive party dress to save that waitress.

Back outside, in the other restroom’s shower, Bethany was taking a shower herself. The waitress, Kallie, had been incredibly grateful to the two of them and the whole crowd had applauded the three of them as they were helped back onto the boat. As soon as she saw Kallie go overboard she had sprung into action without a second thought. Much to her surprise she had not been alone in her heroics. This guy was there as well. Kyle was his name.

Is it actually possible that there’s not a shallow douchebag guy at one of Daddy’s parties? He’s pretty cute too. He’s got to be bi-racial. Though he needs a haircut, that hair is way too long. Did he say his name was Frasier? Like Frasier industries? This can’t be Jimmy Frasier can it? No he said his name was Kyle…did Eugene Frasier fool around with another woman?

As she got out of the shower and slipped on some clothes, a more casual dress that she had on their yacht and throwing her hair into a towel wrap, she exited the bathroom. He was already outside wearing a white button up with the top two buttons undone and the sleeves rolled up and some nice black dress pants. They were a bit baggy on him, but he had compensated with the rolled up sleeves. He was well muscled and she noticed several bruises and scars on his arms. His long black hair was still dripping wet.

“You should get a haircut.” Bethan blurted out, then kicked herself and tried to justify her outburst, “Then your hair would be dry by now.”

“You don’t like the hair huh?” Kyle asked.

Damn he saw through my cover up excuse.

“Well, see.” She said, giggling a little, putting on her “dumb blonde” act, “You’re pretty cute. But with a better haircut you could be hot.”

She touched his arm playfully, but he seemed to be unfazed much to her surprise. He seemed to study her face and then said, “Alright. I’ll keep that in mind.”

He seemed a little troubled, furrowing his brow and thinking deeply,

“What’s wrong?” She asked.

“You.” He responded, “You’re all wrong.”

She was shocked at his statement, what had he just said?

“I don’t mean to be offensive,” He said, with a smile, “You just don’t seem like the type of girl to be a dumb party girl. At least, that’s not the type of girl who leaps off a boat to save one of her employees. That’s what I mean by wrong. Rich socialite and girl who saves her employees and ruins a party dress aren’t compatible.”

Shit. He was observant. He had seen right through her facade. At first she was a little mad that she had been found out, but then she realized that it was sort of a relief, this was the first time she had been at a party and not had to put on an act. Did he know other things? Had he seen through her completely? Did he know about her and Red Rocket? That they were the same person?

“Why put on the act?” He asked.

“Well.” She said, “It’s fun.”

She had lied through her teeth. She was growing nervous. This guy knew too much…

“Heh.” He chuckled, “You don’t have to tell me the real reason. I don’t care really. I just care that you’re the only girl at this party worth talking too.”

That was a change. Most guys would tell her she was “the hottest girl at the party”. She looked him over, realizing that for once, a man at a party was more interested in her personality and her ability to talk then her body. Oh sure he liked what he saw. She was hot. She knew it. But this was a definite change. Kyle Frasier was obviously not most guys.

“Thanks.” She said with a smile, “You’re not too bad yourself.”

* * *

Eugene finished his conversation with yet another businessman and finally was able to escape the drab of the party.

Now to find the young lad and get back to Lacie Ann and the lab.

Scouting the party, he spotted Kyle talking to none other than Bethany Von Hoffe, the rich socialite daughter of one of his business rivals. The girl had quite the reputation for being a party going ditz, but the conversation he was able to make out seemed far different.

“So you think that Luminaire/Supernova wasn’t justified?” Kyle asked.

Justified? Since when did ditzy party girls talk about justice? He turned his ear for a better angle to eavesdrop.

“Of course not!” The girl exclaimed, “Violating a person’s free will to achieve justice isn’t justice at all.”

Kyle nodded, “Well, I can’t disagree there. Still, seems like the goal was noble.”

“Oh yeah. That’s for sure. No one doubted Luminaire’s motives. Her practices were just really circumspect.”

“Hey you wanna know something funny?” Kyle asked.

The two were sipping drinks and seemed to be deeply engrossed in their discussion so Eugene let them be. As he turned to find the bar, he overheard Bethany let out a big singsongy laugh. Finding the bar, he ordered a heavy bottle of scotch. If he was going to survive this party and not leave, he was going to need a friend.

Well lad. This one’s for ye. Ye owe me a big one if this goes north. The things I do fer my kids.

Eugene took a huge swig of the scotch and savored the burn of his throat as he went to find a quiet place to drink the night away.

* * *

“Wait...” Bethany interjected, “you threw Kallie overboard?”

“Not on purpose.” Kyle said with a sheepish grin.

“You must have really wanted to meet me.” Bethany said with a laugh.

She stood and yawned. Stretching her arms in the air and then realized that she was exposing herself in her nakedness, thrusting her chest forward and leaving her nether regions completely exposed. She was alone with this man who was also naked, exposing her cell in a prison cell. The thought horrified her and she quickly rushed to cover herself.

“I won’t look unless you want me to.” Kyle said with a hand over his eyes.

“I would love some clothes right now.” Bethany said exasperated.

“Me too.” Kyle said looking around, “and some real blankets.”

“We don’t have blankets either? It’s cold in here what are we going to do for warmth!?”

Kyle shrugged, “There’s one on the bed. But honestly, we only have two options.”

“Yeah?” Bethany asked inquisitively.

“I can superheat my body. So we can uh...huddle together for warmth. Or two we can break out of here. We can’t stay...un-huddled because it’s like...50 degrees in here and it’s getting colder. We’re not going to survive for long like that. Speaking of which, you should take this blanket.”

He wrapped the blanket around her.

“Thanks.” She said giving him a smile, “Well, I’ll think about it. Let’s finish your story.”

Kyle laughed, “Alright, sounds like a plan.”