The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Coercive Vision

(MC FF SF MA)

A young womans desire to have her poor eyesight corrected by laser surgury leads to changes in her vision of life

She entered the doors of the clinic and squinted through her thick glasses at the seated receptionist. Her eyes were magnified and bizarre behind the extreme prescription lenses she was wearing. The woman was tall and rather skinny having just passed the awkward post teenage growth spurt; she appeared to be around nineteen and wore conservative if not homely clothes. Her complexion and face were almost pretty, yet any facial attractiveness was distorted by her strange looking eyes.

“Hello” she spoke sheepishly “I hope to talk to someone about laser eye surgery, please.”

“We do many things here at the Clinic; ranging from plastic and reconstructive surgery, laser hair removal, and laser vision correction surgery. Do you have an appointment?” the receptionist replied flatly. She was attractive to say the least; dressed smartly in a tight black turtleneck sweater and silky black slack, carefully coifed high-lighted red hair and painted nails.

“I’m sorry” the girl said “ I just wanted to see if you had any payment plans to correct my astigmatism and nearsightedness.”

“We do dear” she replied “ please sit down and I’ll see if the doctor has any time to see you. Also please fill out this questionnaire on your personal information while you wait Miss…?”

“ Ganigan, Ann Ganigan.” The girl picked up the clip board and pen and sat down in the comfortable chair in the lobby. She filled out the perfunctory information and set down the clipboard and waited.

“Dr. Chandra will see you now” The receptionist indicated after 30minutes. A woman wearing a white lab coat had just appeared through the door with a friendly wave.

“Thank-you Stephanie” she was slim and dark with black hair. The Dr. seemed in her late thirties or early forties but, possessed a well maintained beauty and confident air as she extended her hand to Ann. “I am Dr. Chandra, but please call me Allissa.”

“Hi Dr. Allissa” Ann replied sheepishly “I’m Ann.” ‘Gosh she smells good’ she thought of the doctors strong middle-eastern smelling perfume.

“I like her already” she smiled to the receptionist, her teeth contrasted dazzlingly white against her red lips and smooth light brown skin. She led her through the door and inside the clinic. As Ann walked down the carpeted hall and saw that many procedures seemed to be going on in the clinic.

“Our doctors and surgeons are specialized in a variety of different eye pathologies” Allissa said smoothly “What is it that we can do to help you?”

Ann removed her thick brown framed glasses and blinked several times. “I can’t even get a prescription strong enough to be able to wear contact lenses” she said miserably “How can I get rid of these Coke bottles? I mean someday, I would like to have a boyfriend” she laughed.

The Dr pointed to the eye chart “Ann, which line can you read?”

“E?” Ann replied after a long pause, squinting at the largest letter at the top .

“The top line is a single ‘F’, my dear.” Alissa replied “Come sit over here and lets take a look at those eyes of yours.” The doctor then proceeded to run through several ocular tests to quantify her visual acuity. Dr Chandra took her into another darkened room. “Please place your chin in the cup dear and don’t close your eyes…” Ann gazed wide-eyed into the blackness as a fuzzy beam of red light sudden shone dimly. “Please do not close your eyes while I focus.” Dr Chandra’s voice was pensive with concern. Suddenly scintillating lights began to dance in her vision. Beautiful and beguiling Ann fought to focus on them with her eyes even now as her mind wandered. She felt herself drifting, she heard the doctor’s voice and herself respond, but the meaning of the questions and answers was lost in her dreamlike trance.

“….<Soliel>…” soliel? Had she actually heard Dr. Chandra say that? What did it mean????

“Ann? Ann dear you dozed off” Alissas voice snapped her back to reality.

The Dr. seemed strangely flushed. She gazed into Ann’s eyes with an intensity which made her feel uncomfortable looking directly at her.

“ I did? Sorry!” Ann replied with surprise “Did I pass the test?”

“I believe I have all the information about you I need” Allissa replied with a smile as she led the young woman back to her office.

After the eye exam was finished she sat down, her dark brown eyes locked onto Ann’s hazel eyes.

“I have some good news and some bad news. With laser modification of your cornea we can help you improve your vision but, your conditions are so severe that you will still need glasses to correct the remaining astigmatism, a much lighter prescription of course. I have seen other patients’ with conditions as severe as yours which improved with one treatment but, degraded over time as well. On the positive side there are new high refractory materials which can make the prescription thinner and lighter…”

“But, I will still need glasses?” Ann could not hide her extreme disappointment.

“I am afraid so” Allissa consoled her gently. She crossed her long lean legs as she shuffled through Ann’s profile.

“Unless…”

“Yes?” Ann brightened slightly

“It says here in your profile that you are a student at McMillin College?”

“Yes that’s right” Ann replied

“Well, if you would be interested in entering an experimental study which would take four months, we might have an alternative treatment here at the clinic which could fix your vision one hundred percent with bionic corneal implantation.”

“That sounds good.” Ann smiled “Would the treatment be… expensive?”

“Oh no! my dear. This is research. The procedure would come at no charge to you but, you would have to stay here at the facility and be open to intensive study as a case subject.”

“I would be like a guinea pig?” Anns’ hunched shoulders slumped a little more.

“Of course not! We will be proving techniques which have been developed and refined for decades. You would benefit from the culmination of many converging technologies including laser optics.”

Ann was speechless. “Is it OK if I don’t do it? It sounds pretty scary and all I want is to be able to see normally.”

“My dear, if you have the slightest reservation I will encourage you to seek an alternative. We can’t force you to do anything you don’t want to do. We can try a laser technique to improve your vision and see how good the result turns out…”

Ann fought back her tears. She felt guilty about all of the valuable time she had taken of the doctors.

Dr Chandra looked at her with an appraising sidelong gaze; <Soliel> “Why don’t you think about it and come back again tomorrow?”

Ann instantly brightened; she smiled from behind her large lenses as if the doctor had ifted a weight from her shoulders. “OK Dr. Alissa, I will come back tomorrow and let you know what my decision is.”

“I’ll be ready to see you then at one o’clock tomorrow” Alissa said with a satisfied and almost surprised looking smile.

Ann appeared at the office at 12:45. She had made up her mind to go ahead with the laser surgery and live with the glasses she would need, anything after all would be better then her 20/400’s.

Dr. Alissa Chandra met her with a pleasant ‘hello’ and escorted her to one of the examination rooms without fanfare. “So what have we decided?” she asked.

“I think I want to go ahead with the laser technique, when can we do it?” Ann seemed assured and calm with her decision.

“What about right now?” Alissa said with a smile.

“Today?” Ann gulped “Now? Don’t you need to contact my insurance or something?”

“First, I just want to confirm one of yesterday’s tests” Alissa gently said, dimming the room lights and pulling out one of the arcane optometric devices.

“Again?” Ann asked “you’re sure?”

<Soliel> “Please put your chin in the cup dear, place your forehead against the rest” Alissa repeated.

Ann felt herself comply to the doctors command without thinking. At the flip of a switch the apparatus came to life, the familiar explosion of colors from yesterday danced in her eyes. She felt her mind slow as if she had lapsed into a muffled dream.

<Soliel> “ And here are the waivers for you to sign” Alissa placed a stack of papers with a fountain pen in front of the Ann.

“Huh? Oh sorry Dr Alissa!” Ann smiled and picked up the pen. “When can we start? I can’t wait to be involved in your study.” She scribbled her name without reading the documents, <<POWER OF ATTORNEY>>

Whom did she trust more then Dr. Alissa after all?

“Well, as soon as you move into the clinics research ward we can prep you for the initial trials and install your ocular implants” Alissa spoke in a soft measured tone, watching the young girl’s reactions for any signs of anxiety.

If Ann was not so distracted with signing the papers she would have easily noticed how Dr. Chandra was flushed, practically squirming with arousal at the sight of the manipulated maid, doing her bidding and thinking it was her own idea.

She took her by the arm and led her to the ‘overnight area’ of the clinic.

“It sure gets dark quickly these days!” Ann said “What time is it anyway?”

“It is after nine PM my dear” Alissa replied matter-of-factly.

“But I got her around 1PM today…” Ann began to feel very uneasy at the lapse of time in the Drs. office.

<Soliel> “Sleep here and we’ll come and get you in the morning”

“Goodnight Dr Alissa! See you in the morning!” Ann climbed into the infirmary bed and dreamily gazed at the tiled ceiling as the room lights faded to black.

Ann awoke. Unable to open her eyes, she felt the fine gauze bandage which enrapt her entire head. The night had passed with strange dreams yet she had never felt so relaxed and rested. Her dreams were almost like out-of-body experiences, she felt herself being moved, operated on. She heard voices and felt strange faraway sensations within her head. Lights, glorious colors of heavenly rainbows… whispers and suggestions, all blurry and nondescript now to her waking mind.

“Oh my god! Where am I ?” She fought against restraints which held her into her hospital bed. She began to feel panic well up within her and inhaled, ready to scream when a familiar voice reached her from the darkness.

“Ann, <Soliel> please calm down everything is all right.”

Her fear abated instantly at the sound of that voice.

“Dr Alissa? Is that you?”

“I am here dear.” The voice said “How are you feeling?”

“Strange. Hey, what is with these bandages?” Ann asked with uncharacteristic anger.

“It has been two weeks since your operation. Those bandages are coming off today. Are you ready to see again?” Alissa replied. “Lean forward please, gently now.”

Ann did not respond but, leaned forward lifting her head from the pillow where she had been sleeping. She felt almost panicked over her lapse in consciousness- had they kept her drugged these weeks? why?

“There now” a nurse said as the gauze was unwrapped and the pads were removed from her eyes.

“ I asked a question, why am I wearing bandages?” Ann asked with rising fear.

“ Because of the risk of infection when I removed your eyes.” Alissia replied. Her hands were hidden deep in the pockets of her white lab coat.

“????” Ann’s rising dread was washed away with a warm spectral wave in her mind filled with scintillating impossibly beautiful colors and she felt herself drift helplessly into a placid trance.

“ As you can see, Doctors- the subject is slightly disoriented but otherwise the removal of the diseased eyes and replacement with the cybernetic implants was a complete success.”

Ann could see perfectly, full color full focus. The room was full of six or seven men and women in white lab coats. She could not speak, but felt herself smiling.

“How do you feel Ann?” a strange kindly man asked her. Scinitilating lights

<Soliel> “Go on tell him how you feel my dear.” Alissa’s clear voice again.

“ I feel fine, I guess” A burst of dancing stars in her eyes sent Ann reeling, she replied dreamily, compelled by the unspoken command.

“Come on, lets let the girl set some rest” Alissa ushered the crowd out to the room while Ann looked on in a daze. Taking a small device which looked like a remote control she whispered into the darkening room. “You did very well. Goodnight”

Ann felt a strange drowsiness overtake her completely. Her dreams were full of vivid imagery rife with sexual overtones. She felt strangely like she was watching a bizarre cable TV channel which was being beamed directly into her eyes. Dreams came; Ann serving and obeying a dark haired mistress who spoke inside her head. Feeding emotion and fantasies dredged from her deepest sub consciousness. Her feelings were trusting, placid and adoring, as if this were the natural order of things. She felt disjointed times of ecstatic pleasure and well being when she complied submissively, pain and discomfort when she resisted.

She awoke suddenly, Dr Alissa was there inspecting her. Close enough to fill her entire field of view with her deep brown eyes.

“Yes I think that color is best for you” she said with a voice thick with lust.

Ann turned to look into the hand mirror Alissa was holding. Her eyes were a completely different color then before. They had been hazel, yet now the irises were an extremely pale blue, almost white. They were striking no doubt, but they looked unnatural, like colored contact lenses.

“Why are my eyes…?” she intoned weakly

“I can make them any color or shade I wish with this” Alissa said holding up a small silver electronic pad. Ann’s irises changed in the mirrors reflection with the manipulation of Alissa’s handheld control; from light to dark blue, to emerald green to metallic silver.

“Aren’t they gorgeous?” Alissa whispered breathlessly

“What have you done to me?” confused, she could not look away from the bizarre, yet stunning eyes staring at her in the mirror.

“I have given you a set of cybernetic implants. Electronic eyes melded with biological implants interfaced with your own optic nerves. Your vision is now well beyond any person who has ever lived before” Alissa said almost proudly

“Where am I? What time is it?” Ann asked, her metallic colored orbs searching around the room. Strange, she was not in her bed in the infirmary, she was clothed and sitting somewhere different from the clinic, it looked like a private home.

“It is after noon Ann.” Alissa replied, her voice was slightly hoarse and her lips were wet as if she had been… kissing?

“Jesus Christ! what are you doing to me?” Ann arose and looked at her captor.

“Please calm down, pet” Alissa cooed and pressed a button on the silver apparatus in her hand <Soliel>. Ann saw a burst of golden stars in her eyes and felt her fear wash away instantly at her suggestion. “Sit down” Ann instantly sat back down in the leather chair. “You are perfectly safe in my care.”

“ What is happening Dr Alissa?” Ann asked trying to focus her mind again “ How long have I been unconscious?”

“You have been in various altered state of consciousness my dear.” Ann could now clearly tell that Alissa was getting very turned on by talking to her this way, it was making her feel very uncomfortable. “ you have been in a borderline hypnotic trance which is induced by the optical implants which now serve as your eyes. Your trance state has helped keep you from damaging the sutures while you healed. You have been keying off of post hypnotic suggestions triggered by the word ‘Soliel’ ”

“What are you saying?”

“I am explaining why you are here, so it all makes sense to you.” Alissa said flipping a toggle on the control. Ann’s eye color shifted from silver back to pale blue.

“What? Nothing you have said makes sense…”

“Oh Ann, Does it make sense that when I first examined you had the strongest response to the nerve stimulation I had ever seen. Within seconds of optical analysis you were deeply hypnotized, that was unprecedented. When I probed you hypnotically you acquiesced to every command I gave you unquestioningly. After one session with one word you could be brought into deep hypnosis almost instantly! Your mind is more susceptible to conditioning then I thought possible, and the more I pressed you…”

“What? I am susceptible to mental conditioning? What is that to you?” Ann had a sinking feeling of reviled violation. “Please let me go…”

“You see, the more I controlled you, watched you submit to my will, the more excited I became. The power I have over you seduced me, aroused me in ways I never dreamed would be so compelling to me. The first day you lapsed into your hypnotic trance I was shocked at my own uncontrollable desire to pleasure myself for hours.”

“You are insane! This is impossible! I am getting out of here!” Ann’s tears spilled down her face. She rose and turned to run toward what appeared to be the front door of the house.

“You are not going anywhere I do not will you to go.” Alissa arose and pushed a button on her hand held control. Ann froze on the spot.

“Please let me go!” she said before her face froze in consternation and fear.

“I am afraid I can’t do that Ann, you mean too much to me.” Alissa said with strange adoration in her tone. Alissa’s candor belied her confidence that she could tell Ann anything and it was of no consequence to her.

“I own you now… because your unconscious self has given you to me. I am now prepared to claim your conscious mind as well.” Her voice was strained with emotion and lust.

Ann stood unmoving as Alissa placed her hands on her shoulders.

“The more I controlled you, the more I needed to control you, even if it meant my own ruin. Isn’t that ironic? My ability to control you has proven an irresistible temptation to do things I find impossible to control in myself… I never had any desire to become a dominatrix, you changed that in me… forever.”

Alissa tenderly wiped the tears from Ann’s face.

“You see my dear, the eyes are truly windows to the soul… and the mind.”

Lights danced inside Ann’s synthetic eyes blinding her to all but the doctor’s breathless voice which echoed in her ears.

“Through your optic nerves I can overstimulate your brain and induce this rigid paralysis in you when ever I wish. It is a similar state to an extreme Parkinson’s palsy, freezing you into a living statue, conscious but unmoving.”

Ann stood immobile with the same pained expression locked onto her face.

“It has proven quite useful in your programming.” She said with an evil smile.

“Or I can give you partial awareness and movement, but you have no will to do anything but what you are told.” She pushed a series of buttons. “Now come to attention, eyes on mine my pet, follow me to the boudoir”

At Alissa’s command Ann obediently stood tall and looked into her controller’s eyes blankly. She followed Alissa and came to stand before her near a large plush bed. Inside the darkness of her pupils faint sparkles of spectral light could be seen.

“Now that’s my good girl.” Alissa smiled and placed her shiny red index fingernail under Ann’s chin. “What I have been working on these last five weeks will hopefully allow me to permanently mold that wonderfully pliable personality of yours though suggestion and hormonal cues induced by your implants. Lets see if I have this right yet.”

Ann’s mind swam in a chromatic sea of colors, she felt her hearing sharpen and her body breakout in a full sweat.

“Ann?” Alissa’s soft voice took on a less seductive and more commanding tone.

“How do I look to you?” She pushed a series of buttons on the control.

Anns synthetic eyes focused on her captors face.

“You look…” Ann’s face seemed to flush as the intense vision of the beautiful woman before her was met with a rush of deep feelings from; butterflies in her stomach to aching sexual arousal down below.

“You look… HOT… Dr Alissa, so Hot.” She said as if seeing her for the first time.

“Oh do you mean I look attractive?” she said demurely taking a step toward the young girl, her breasts barely touching her own. She pushed another series of buttons on the control and watched the emotional and physical effects work on the young enthralled woman.

“Yes, wow yes, you look so hot I…” Ann licked her lips and swallowed heavily, trying to give her self to the moment to make sense of the rapid fire of emotions and thoughts which flowed through her opened mind.

“Why don’t we take off your clothes my dear? I want to see you naked.” Alissa said almost breathlessly. She pushed a last button <Soliel>.

“Yes” Ann replied. Her pale eyes were entranced by the vision of the doctor’s face and raven hair, her perfume was in her nose, her fingers ached to touch the smooth skin of her bare neck, she knew she would do anything that she asked, anything.

Alissia languidly undressed her, Ann’s shirt and skirt fell to the floor followed by her bra and underwear.

“Have you ever been with a woman Ann?” Alissa asked teasingly pressing a button again.

“No. I have never wanted to until,” Ann focused on her controller’s perfect ruby lips, her words thrummed into the core of her being.

“Yes?” Alissa could feel the electricity grow between them.

“But, I really want to kiss you now.” Ann’s voice was full of need “ I am so turned on right now I can’t stand it.

“What would you like to do?” Alissa’s ruby lips were tantalizingly close

“I want to finger myself while I lick you down there… I want to fuck you…Please…” she almost whimpered her need growing with each moment. Alissa could smell her need. At the press of a button Ann was suddenly free to move again.

Alissa wrapped her arms around the younger woman’s neck and kissed her deeply in the mouth. It was strange to Ann how familiar it felt as she drank in the tongue of her doctor. The heat of her physical touch against her nude breasts sent her almost into ecstasy. She felt herself being gently pressed down to her knees and as she pulled up Alissa’s lacy black silk dress. She felt another wave of emotions wash through her as she gazed at Alissa’s naked, beautiful… no glorious wet cunt. She licked her lips hungrily at the thought of plunging her tongue into that moist pliable flesh, she felt herself nearing climax as she pressed her own lips onto her lips and rolled her erect pointed tongue around and around lapping like an addicted animal.

Alissa gazed down at the pale blue eyes of her enrapt slave, those eyes would adore her, obey her, do anything she desired and that thought fueled her climax as she finally came on Anns pretty young face. She flung back her head and arched her back as the glorious moment culminated.

“Unnggg!” Ann shivered all over as she came too.

“Oh yes! My pet” Alissa reveled in Ann’s submission one hand was in the wet hair of the young woman her other slender arm she held a silver device aloft.

With the push of a button Ann froze like a statue in the rapt state of climax.

She was on her knees with her back arched and her wet pelvis pushed forward with her hand buried deep inside herself. Her face was clenched in pleasure with her lips still glistening with the Alissas vaginal fluid. Her blue eyes scintillating within her head , rendering Ann completely under control.

“I may have to leave you like that forever my dear” Alissa said breathlessly “You make a spectacular piece of erotic art” Alissa smiled as she fell back into an stack of luxurious pillows, her nether regions still tingling with pleasure. For several minutes she admired the frozen form of her handiwork, she fingered herself and twitched her erect nipples until she came again.

The sight of the helpless, immobile, obedient slave before fueled her aroused her yet again, and again. Finally she lay back on the satin sheets of her bed and erotically and physically spent.

“No don’t worry my blank-eyed beauty; I have not finished taking my pleasures with you. I have further work to do on you yet before my little work of art conforms perfectly to my will…”

Ann awoke alone in Alissa’s bed. She lazily called out a name which seemed perfectly natural to say “Domina? Are you here?”

She went to the bathroom and stared at herself in the mirror at once she was taken aback by her naked reflection. “What has happened to me?” she said out loud.

“Good morning pet” Alissa joined her in the bathroom as Ann stood staring at herself in the large mirror “What is it?”

“My tits” she said “How did they get so small? And my hair; why is it this yucky brown?”

“Is something wrong with the way you look dear?” Alissa hugged her around her waist and probed obviously enjoying the young woman’s consternation.

“Well yeah!” Ann pointed to her reflection “I look a lot sexier than this… what mind trick are you playing on me?”

“Me?” Alissa playfully said with feigned ignorance “We can go to the salon if you don’t like your hair, and if you don’t like your breasts- well I can fix them for you too.”

“Lets go now” Ann said as she quickly applied her facial foundation and makeup “I can’t stand the sight of me like this.”

The two drove downtown in Alissa’s Mercedes to the

salon. The hairdresser greeted the two women and seated Ann in front of the mirror. “And what can I do for you today?” He asked. Alissa sat in a chair behind her. She lit an imported cigarette and smiled.

“First I want my old hair color back” Ann said.

“But, your hair looks like its never been processed before…” Jimmy the hairdresser said.

“I want to go back to blonde” Ann said with relish in her voice.

“OK sweetie, the question is, HOW blonde do you want?” He asked lifting a strand of her brown locks.

“Platinum” Ann replied with a confident grin.

“You will be dazzling with that skin tone and those eyes!” he said “One bombshell coming up!” he laughed as he spun her around to the sink. He began washing in the bleach. Alissa was obviously enjoying Ann’s makeover, she said nothing and offered no advice or instruction awaiting Ann’s choice for style and makeup.

Several hours later Ann and Alissa came out of the salon. After detours into shoe shops and clothing stores Alissa turned and looked at the different person Ann had become. Together they walked arm in arm to Alissa’s car. Ann was now wearing tight red Italian leather pants and jacket with new tall black stiletto spiked heals.

Alissa sat in the driver seat of her coup and looked at the remade Ann. Her hair was cut shoulder length with gentle curles. Her face was plucked and primped and smoothed, tastefully done with the most expensive make-ups and potions from Alibons’ Salon. She was truly a striking beauty with her gorgeous eyes.

“Are you as turned on as me, my bleach blonde bitch?” she whispered luridly into her ear. Ann stared back for a moment, she swallowed deeply as her new instincts instantly took over. She broke out in a sweat all over. Her unnatural blue eyes rolled back into her head at the sound of her mistress’ command “ Oh DDDomina” she whispered, her voice choked with desire. She leaned forward to kiss those soft red rosebuds which so compelled her. “I’ll want to do anything you say…”

“I know” Alissa said as kicked the 300 horses of the Benz to life “ I am going to take you home and fuck you in that pretty little leather outfit of yours.”

Ann squealed with delight and pressed her equally red lips against her mistress’s. “Lets go!” she said at last.

* * *

The door to the clinic opened and an Asian man walked in, he smiled congenially at the very young, very pretty blonde receptionist.

“I am Ted Oshiri. I am here to see the doctor about my corrective vision surgery”

“Please be seated Mr. Oshiri” The receptionist replied sweetly. She indicated the seating area with the most striking emerald green eyes he had ever seen. They appeared unatural in their lack of depth but, even if they were those colored contacts which were so popular with young people today, they still were impossible to not stare at set in her deep long eyelashes. She was beautifully made up with clear skin and red lipstick, and he spent a long moment looking at her. Her platinum tresses were swept up into a glamorous bun. Her dress was a little racy for a doctor’s office but, as a man he appreciated her tight fitting green lycra top which emphasized her narrow waist and large breasts. Her neck was adorned with a silver and black choker which emphasized her narrow neck and features in a manner reminiscent of a turn of the century European courtesan.

“You are very beautiful” he said awkwardly

“Thank-you for the compliment!” she said not minding being ogled by a middle aged man.

“Have you had any services done here at the clinic?” He asked making small talk to her round bountiful breasts.

“Oh I have had them all” she gushed “Dr. Chandra and the surgeons here have totally changed my life.”

“Really” he said bemusedly.

“Oh yes, before I came here I was legally blind without my glasses. Now I can see, I have a job, this hot bod,” she said running her hands up her abdomen…

” A love, I totally worship…” She gushed “its all been a truly life transforming experience!”

The man nodded and sat down and waited apparently satisfied with the young woman’s testimonial.

She picked up the phone and listened briefly “The doctor will see you now” she said with an engaging smile.