The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Coffeehouse Quintet Book 3.5: Mother Knows Best

Lilly sat in her seat and ignored everything in the coffeehouse around her. She ignored her cold, untouched cup of coffee. She ignored background chatter as well as the arguing couple by the windows. She ignored the fake titted slut masturbating in her seat. She even ignored it when some guy with a giant penis started fucking the slut on the table.

The text message that she received from her daughter dominated Lilly’s world. You’re too old. You don’t understand. You couldn’t even face the decisions I have to make everyday. I hate you.

Her phone sat like dead weight in her hands. Lilly’s eyes scanned the text over and over, not really reading each individual word, but absorbing them as a whole. It was too painful to focus on any single word.

Too old? She was only 20 years older than Casandra. She could still remember what it was like to be 18, the peer pressure, the anxiety of finishing school and the growing pains of increasing responsibility. An improvement in technology didn’t change anything. What was it she couldn’t understand?

As for the decisions Casandra was making, she and her husband, Mark, were at a loss as to what to do. They could see their daughter slip away with poor decision after poor decision. She’d been suspended for smoking in the girls bathroom. She’d wrecked her car while texting and driving. She’d been banned from stores for shoplifting. Coming home early from work one day, Lilly had even caught Casandra giving some boy a blow job.

When reasoning had failed, they’d tried punishing her. Now they were trying to manage and control her. During her suspension, they had her research the dangers of smoking. After ruining her car, they fixed it but required that she take the bus. Any new thing she brought home had to be presented with a receipt, even a pack of gum. Finally, they had given her a strict dress code and thrown out all of her clothes and makeup that didn’t meet it.

Still, things didn’t improve. When she brought home a failing report card, they required her to study in the presence of at least one of them for a minimum of two hours a night. Any event or gathering she went to had to be chaperoned by either Mark, Lilly, or an adult they knew and trusted. The only reason Casandra had a cell phone to be texting on was that it was equipped with GPS so Lilly and Mark could be sure of where Casandra was at all times. Yet none of it seemed to be working.

She and Mark provided a good life for Casandra. Lilly couldn’t understand what she would be rebelling out against. Maybe they worked a bit too much, but work was important to them. Yet as many times as Casandra had been caught skipping school, it didn’t seem like any of their values had rubbed off on their daughter.

The hubbub of the coffeehouse had picked up. Lilly thought she heard someone saying her name, but ignored it. Copying the text Casandra had sent, Lilly pasted it into a new one to her husband. Mark, look what Casandra just wrote me. Maybe we do need counseling for her. We should discuss this tonight. Lilly

Mark and Lilly’s relationship wasn’t exactly close, either. But they had a passable truce on most things. She wanted to blame things on Casandra’s attitude, but things had been bad before that. Their passion had died out long ago and it felt like they were just going through the motions for their daughter.

Lilly had just finished sending the message when the stranger banged his hand on the table in front of her. In her shock, the brunette dropped her phone. She glared at the man that had startled her.

He wasn’t tall, nor was he particularly short, just average. He had brownish blond hair and nondescript eyes. He wasn’t handsome, nor ugly. He was average. Lilly doubted she could have picked him out of a lineup. She watched him sit down across from her.

“You know it’s rude to ignore people when they’re talking to you,” he told her.

“I’m sorry, I was just lost...Excuse me, but who are you?” Lilly said as her tone went from apologetic to irritated.

“I’m the man who can help you with your daughter.”

Lilly was distracted by the busty barista as she pulled off her shirt, exposing the largest breasts Lilly had every seen. Her eyes lingered longer than they should have, but then again the girl was filling all her orders by milking herself into the customer’s glasses. How original Lilly thought.

“Lilly, focus.”

Turning back to her unwanted companion, the troubled mother furrowed her brow. Had she told him her name? “What do you mean you can help me? Are you a shrink?”

“Not exactly.”

“Then what good are you?”

Now the man furrowed his brow at the well, yet conservatively dressed woman across from him. “There’s no need to get standoffish.”

“I’m sorry.” Lilly took a deep breath. “You’re right, I shouldn’t have been rude. No matter what I’m going through, there’s always time for kindness.” Another moral her daughter had failed to pick up. She had Lilly’s short temper, but none of the regret. “What is it that can you do?”

The man sat back and grinned. A chill ran down Lilly’s spine. “I can give you control.”

“What do you mean?”

Reaching forward, her companion took her coffee and drank a sip. “That’s gotten quite cold.”

Lilly leaned towards him and repeated, “What do you mean?”

Still holding her cup, the man leaned back and placed both hands on it. Steam started rising out as if someone had come by and given him a fresh refill of coffee. He took another sip. “Much better.”

“You told me earlier it’s rude to ignore people.” Lilly frowned at him. “Tell me, what do you mean?”

“Exactly what I said. Whenever your daughter faces a decision, one where you’d like influence, you get to make the decision for her.”

“What, you mean like tell her what she should do?”

“Not exactly. More like, you’ll be in the driver’s seat.”

Throwing her hands up in frustration, Lilly snarled, “I don’t understand what you’re saying at all.” Her movement caused her naturally large chest to rise and fall under her light blue cotton blouse and she noticed her companion’s stare.

“Why don’t I show you?” he asked.

Lilly blinked her eyes a couple of time and looked around. Gone were the chesty milk server and her table mate. Gone were the ambient noise and smell of coffee. She sat in a classroom surrounded by teenage kids. In her right hand was a pencil and a small folded piece of paper was in her left. “Where am I?” she asked aloud, breaking the silence in the room. Her voice wasn’t her voice. It was her daughter’s.

The kids around her laughed and the teacher in the front of the room scowled at her. “Cassy, you’re in the middle of your History final. Now please be quiet and work.”

Ducking her head, Lilly looked at the paper on the desk in front of her. Casandra had written “Cassy” on the top in big loopy letters. She hated that her daughter called herself that. Lilly erased the name and rewrote “Casandra” on the test in neat letters.

Turning her attention to the small piece of paper in her other hand, Lilly gasped. It was the answers to the test in front of her. Her daughter was planning on cheating. Why on earth would she need to cheat on this exam? Lilly herself had watched Casandra study for this very test last night. Did Casandra not have enough faith in her own abilities to pass?

Lilly had faith in her daughter. All Casandra had to do was to apply herself. Lilly had to stop her daughter from cheating. The only thing she could think to do was to eat the paper. Crumpling it up, Lilly threw it in her mouth, chewed it, then swallowed it. Blinking again, Lilly looked around the bustling coffee shop.

“What did you think?” The man asked her.

“Was that real?” Even as she asked it, Lilly knew in her soul that it was.

“It was as real as your big ol’ titties.”

Lilly frowned at the man’s vulgarity.

“So, I take it you liked it.”

Liked it? Lilly loved it. Her green eyes sparkled, imagining her rebellious daughter turning out just the way Lilly wanted her to, without arguments and without hateful texts. “I couldn’t dream of anything better.”

“Good, well then. Good luck with it.” The man stood up to leave. Lilly put out her hand to stop him, but came a few inches short of actually touching him.

“That’s it? ‘Here’s a power to control your daughter’s decisions. Have a good day’? Really? What’s the catch? What do you want?”

Spreading his hands out in a “nothing up my sleeves” gesture, the man stood in front of her. “Normally, I like to make bets or some such, but you acquiesced so kindly that I ask for nothing in return. Maybe I’ll just leave you with this one warning. The decisions you make for your daughter can affect you, too.”

“What does that mean?”

The man just smiled. Sweat peppered Lilly’s forehead. She was terrified. She didn’t want him to answer the question. Lilly’s racing heartbeat slowed as the man walked away from her and out of the coffeehouse.

Lilly sat in her chair for awhile. She wondered what he meant. She wondered how long she’d have her power. She wondered if it was wise to have accepted it.

Putting her worries behind her, Lilly wiped her table clean for the next person. Even though the restaurant had staff to bus the table, being as crowded and busy as it was, Lilly felt it was the nice thing to do. She found one of the busboys roving around and handed him her cup and trash. He thanked her for being so kind.

* * *

Returning to her office, Lilly sneered at Amber, the front receptionist. “Amber, how many times do you have to be told? This is a place of business, not a strip club.”

Surprised by the fact Lilly had even talked to her, the receptionist made a bumbling effort to pull her low cut top over her surgically enhanced chest. Women like Amber disgusted Lilly. She was a living cliche, a simple minded person who, despite her various mistakes, hadn’t been fired because she had a reputation for being good at taking memos on her knees. “I’m sorry, Ms Smith.”

Without replying, Lilly walked past the person of her contempt, headed to her cubicle and threw her purse down on her desk. Her tan slacks slapped the seat of the chair as she let her body weight fall down into it. Reaching up, she shook her computer’s mouse and typed in the password for the screen saver. The documents and spreadsheets she’d left up before heading out for lunch reappeared on the screen.

Putting her personal life aside, Lilly attacked her work with the gusto. She loved working and despite their troubles, she loved her daughter. However, her pregnancy had come at the worst time for Lilly. She’d had to finish her college degree at night, when Mark was at home to take care of Casandra. Then, Lilly wasn’t able to set out on her career until Casandra was old enough for preschool.

If she hadn’t gotten pregnant, she believed that she already would have been branch manager. As it was, her work ethic and dedication to her job had rumors circulating that she would be branch manager within the year.

She was making excellent progress when her computer and cubicle walls disappeared. She blinked and looked around. Lilly was back in Casandra’s school. The teacher in the front of the room was handing out some papers.

The geeky looking boy sitting next to Lilly leaned over. He made no effort to hide the fact that his eyes were clearly focused on her daughter’s impressive bust-line. “Remember, I’ll let you see my answers if you go out with me this Saturday.”

Too shocked by the arrangement Casandra had made to cheat, all Lilly could do was mutter, “Wait...”

“Quiet, Cassy!” The teacher said. “The test’s started.”

Lilly looked at the paper in front of her daughter’s body: physics. Unlike the history exam, the cheat sheet wasn’t paper. Lilly couldn’t exactly eat the boy next to her. The only option she had was to do the test herself. Lilly had been terrible at physics when she was in school, now over twenty years later she had no hope.

She flipped through the pages and tried to find a problem she could understand. 20 years wasn’t long enough to forget the social pressures of high school, but it was long enough to forget how to calculate the oscillation of a spring with given spring constant k and loaded with a mass of m.

Had her daughter actually tried, she would have definitely scored better than Lilly. She distinctly remembered Mark, who was a mechanical engineer, helping Casandra with problems like these. She should have paid attention to them. Almost an hour of the allotted ninety minutes had passed and Lilly hadn’t written anything. What good did it do to be the cause of her daughter failing this test?

Allowing her daughter to cheat was wrong, but causing her daughter to fail was almost as bad. Her grades were bad enough that a zero on this test might prevent Casandra from graduating. Lilly looked up from her blank page. Good to his word, the boy next to her had left his finished work on the edge of his desk. The answers were clearly visible, if only Lilly would allow herself to look.

What if her daughter wasn’t the one who cheated? What if Lilly quickly copied for her daughter? Sure, to anyone looking it would still be Casandra cheating, but on the inside, where it mattered, Casandra would be innocent. Lilly would be the one taking the easy way out.

But where was Casandra when Lilly was in control? Did she think she was doing what Lilly was making her do? Or did she just black out and come to after Lilly had lost control? Lilly cursed herself for not having the forethought to ask. She was stuck. Causing her daughter to fail would be a valuable lesson, but causing her to fail to graduate might be too expensive of one. The overall desire to see her daughter succeed won out.

Sighing, she turned back to the first page. She would figure out what to do about Casandra’s arrangement later. She only had a couple of minutes left to finish the test. Lilly looked at the boy’s answers and then was back in her cubicle.

The cursor on her monitor flashed, waiting for her input. How boring. Enter number, output number. Numbers, number, numbers. Work sucked. Sighing, Lilly pushed herself away from the computer and stretched. She’d only been back from lunch for an hour and she was already bored.

Bored? How could she be bored? She loved her job. But she was. Just below the glass surface of boredom, Lilly could see that she had drive and ambition, that she loved her work. She tried to access that part of her personality that was so familiar, yet there was something blocking it. A desire that she’d never felt before was in her way, the desire to take the easy way out of things.

Was this what the stranger had meant when he said she could be affected, too? She had taken the easy path for her daughter by cheating. But had Lilly really done something she wouldn’t have done normally?

The confused woman examined the glass wall in her mind. Just on the other side, the side with her ambition and love of work, she could see memories of studying till all hours of the morning. She hadn’t woken in the middle of the night to feed Casandra, she’d already been awake. Those memories slid by and she could see herself working with such fervor that her entry level position had only lasted a mere three months. She knew that those were her memories. They should be hers, but they weren’t.

On her side of the barrier, with the memories that felt real like she’d actually lived them, she wasn’t anywhere near as driven. She’d never been studious enough to get into a four year school. She’d been able to graduate her two year technical school just before Casandra was born. She’d bottle fed her baby so that she could make Mark share in the midnight feedings. She’d still be happy doing nothing at home if Mark hadn’t nagged her about getting to work. In the end he had to pull some strings to get her this entry level position, that over ten years later she was still at. Worse of all, word had it that she was on the chopping block.

A second her pawed at the transparent wall from the other side. Her duplicate screamed that she couldn’t handle this power, that she wanted it gone. Lilly shook her head. Her doppelganger and the memories that surrounded her started to fade like a vivid dream several hours later. Lilly thought it was the weirdest one she’d ever had. She needed more coffee.

Getting up, Lilly headed into the break room and emptied the last of the coffee into her cup. She reached into the cupboard to grab a new filter to brew a fresh batch and pulled out an English textbook. That’s weird, she thought. It wasn’t until she’d closed the locker that she realized she was in Casandra’s body again. So soon?

Looking around to appraise the situation, she saw a group of girls. Lilly recognized two of them as Casandra’s friends, Jennifer and Susan. Jennifer walked into Susan and shoved her into the row of lockers. The notes Susan was carrying spilled all over the floor.

“Watch where you’re going, muncher,” Jennifer spat at Susan.

Susan ignored the remark, She just bent down and started collecting her papers. Jennifer turned and walked over to Lilly, all of the other girls aide from Susan followed her. The bully put her arm in Casandra’s and pulled her away. “Come on, Cassy. Let’s go.”

Lilly let Casandra be pulled away, but she turned her daughter’s head to look back at Susan. She wasn’t crying, but her pleading eyes moistened as she watched Casandra go.

Bumping into the wall brought Lilly back to focus. That was strange she thought. What was she supposed to do there? The whole process hadn’t lasted but a couple of seconds. It had started and finished before Lilly could come to terms with the transition.

Looking at the empty pot in her hand, she put it back onto the burner. Let the next person make it, they could help themselves.

The extra her in her mind came back. This time, shaking her head didn’t send the woman away. Lilly had a very odd sensation, like she was being watched in her mind, but the person watching her was herself. And that person was crying.

Again, heading into the recesses of her mind, Lilly found the wall. The other her was crying. Lilly sneered at her figment. If she didn’t like what was going on, she should stand up for herself. You had to face bullies on your own. Bully or be bullied.

Her phone vibrated jerked her back to the world. Lilly pulled it out. Mark was finally texting her back. No! Casandra can’t go to the mall with Susan. She’s still being punished. You have to be strong, Lilly.

No matter what he said, Mark always found some way to irritate her. Fine, you tell her then. She pushed send and started drinking her coffee. It wasn’t like she and Casandra were close, but compared to her husband and daughter’s relationship, they were best friends. Mark blamed Lilly for Casandra’s behavior. He said she always made him be the bad guy. But he was the bad guy. His punishments were too harsh. It was Friday, Casandra should be allowed out.

She leaned back on the counter and folded her arms beneath her breasts. Her lukewarm cup of coffee rested in the crook of her left elbow. She raised it and took a sip. Her eyes stared off into space. She wasn’t contemplating the whispers of her soon to be firing. She wasn’t thinking about her strange and unsettling new power. She wasn’t even giving thought to the sobbing woman in her mind.

After she’d pretty much finished drinking her coffee, Amber came in. “Hey Amber,” Lilly said. A strange sense came over Lilly that she despised Amber. It was an odd feeling to have for her only friend at work.

Lilly looked her friend up and down. Of course with the way Amber dressed she wasn’t in danger of losing her job. She felt a twinge of jealousy. She almost wished she had the courage to try such a daring look. Many days, Lilly found herself staring as much as a lot of the men.

“Oh, hey, Lilly. Taking a break?” The busty blond picked up the empty pot and looked at it.

“Yeah. Sorry about that. I was planning on brewing another before I left,” Lilly lied.

“Sure you were,” Amber laughed as she busied herself making the next batch. “You catch Idol last night?”

“You bet I did.”

“Man, this year’s group can’t sing, but I wouldn’t kick any of them out of bed. And that Alicia, I bet she’s wild in the sack.”

Lilly frowned. She liked Amber because she was the only person in the office who slacked off more than she did, but at the same time, her blatant lasciviousness made Lilly feel uncomfortable. Most of the gossip about Amber’s activities weren’t true, but she quite happily admitted to Lilly that quite a few were. Ignoring the comment, Lilly went on. “Who do you think’s gonna win? My money’s on one of the boys.”

“Yeah, they’re cute, but this year my eyes are only on the girls, if you get what I mean...”

She got it. Swirling the dregs of her coffee around in the cup before she downed it, Lilly rinsed the cup and set it to dry. “Well, I guess I’d better get back to work.”

“So soon? I was going to step out for a smoke. I was hoping you wouldn’t mind keeping me company.”

Though she didn’t smoke, Lilly liked to go outside to keep Amber company while she did. Lilly didn’t think it was fair that smokers got to skip out on work because they had a disgusting habit and she didn’t. Heading off with Amber killed two birds with one stone; she got to slack off and gossip.

“You should have said so sooner. Let’s go!”

Twenty minutes later, Lilly was back at her desk. She was trying her best to concentrate on work when her phone went off. She picked it up and read the text from her daughter. Mom, just wanted to remind you that I’m going to the mall with friends to blow off post exam steam. Home before dinner.

Looks like Mark didn’t text her Lilly thought. She wasn’t going to do his dirty work. OK. Have fun.

Having been distracted, Lilly opened a browser page and started scanning through the Land’s End online summer catalog. If her daughter got to go shopping, why couldn’t she? After adding some nice sweaters and slacks to her wish list, Lilly went and got another cup of coffee. She brought it back to her desk and continued her shopping.

Bringing the cup up to her mouth to take a sip of coffee, Lilly’s empty hand smacked her face. Looking around, Lilly saw she was standing in her daughter’s underwear clad body in a dressing room. Casandra had inherited her mother’s impressive chest. The years hadn’t gotten to them yet and they stood more proudly off her body than Lilly’s own.

Hormones raced through Casandra’s body. The vibrancy of youth overwhelmed Lilly’s mind. Is this what Casandra felt like when not taking a test? No wonder she was so surly at the strict dress and boy codes. It took all of Lilly’s strength just to not breakdown and masturbate.

Through the mental fog, Lilly tried to determine what decision she was supposed to make for her daughter. It couldn’t be shoplifting, could it? Casandra’s body jiggled as Lilly rummaged through her daughter’s bag. No, it wasn’t shoplifting.

Looking for her daughter’s clothes to get dressed, she found what her daughter had brought in to try on. The shear blouse might have been respectable if it had been a longer cut and thick enough to hide anything underneath it. The skirt on the other hand, never a chance to be decent.

What was Casandra doing with such trashy clothes? Even Amber would have thought twice about them. Lilly looked at her daughter’s trim figure in the mirror. Cassy...Casandra did work hard to keep herself in shape. Lilly was reminded of herself in her youth, she could have been looking at herself 20 years ago. Maybe it was the hormones, or maybe it was a secret desire to see what she would have looked like if she’d been more risque, but Lilly decided to try the clothes on. She could try them on and still make sure her daughter didn’t actually buy them.

The wall in her head pulsed. The eyes watching her thoughts widened in terror. A soundless screamed echoed in Lilly’s mind. Lilly rubbed Cassy’s temples. Why was she freaking out? She hadn’t made any bad decisions for her daughter. She’d made Cassy do everything Lilly would have done. Eating her daughter’s cheat sheet might not have been the wisest move, but she’d taught her daughter a lesson about self confidence. Plus, she’d made up for it by copying that boy’s physics test.

Slipping on the skirt first, Lilly found it was no more than an ass wrap. With the right pair of heels, it would have been stunning. Putting on the top, Lilly saw that her daughter had picked out a size too small. The shirt strained at holding in Cassy’s large breasts. Lilly felt a blush of pride infuse with the non-stop bombardment of horniness. Her little girl had definitely gotten her best features.

Not being able to do up the top buttons, Lilly left them open and twirled in front of the mirror. There was no doubt about it, she would have looked hot.

“How’s it going in there, Cassy?” A voice asked from outside the changing room.

“Uhh, fine.”

“Come on out and let me see how you look.”

Lilly hesitated with her hand on the door. She could turn back now, change and say they didn’t fit, but that would mean a lot of work and it would be easier just to step out.... Lilly opened the door and Susan was waiting outside.

The black haired teen looked Lilly up and down. She didn’t really know her daughter’s friend all that well, but growing up with an identical figure, she knew that look anywhere. Cassy’s friend eyed her more like an object of desire rather than appraising her outfit. Susan’s eyes lingered just a little too long in all the wrong places. Lilly had to admit that she liked it.

“Damn, you look good.” Susan said. “To bad your mom would kill you if she saw you like that.”

Lilly laughed. “Oh, I dunno. I think she might like it.” Which was true. She loved the way she looked in the outfit. It didn’t mean she was going to let Cassy buy it, though.

“What are you talking about? The bitch would flip.”

“Don’t talk about my mom that way. Come on, let’s go get me some heels.” Lilly turned and headed for the shoe department and screamed as hot coffee scalded her chest. She set her coffee cup down and looked at her ruined blouse. It was her favorite. Her favorite? This piece of crap? Why had she done up so many buttons?

Undoing the buttons down to the downward curve of her breasts, Lilly opened the top to expose her ample flesh. She had another strange sense that what she was doing wasn’t normal. She shouldn’t be parading around like some sort of tramp, but exposing the soft flesh of her bosom felt natural, like she’d done it her entire life.

That was ridiculous, of course she’d done it her entire life. Someone as lazy as she was didn’t make it as far as she did without showing off a little bit of flesh every now and then. There was nothing wrong with it. She’d made the right choice for her daughter. As much as she was cheating and ditching school, Cassy wasn’t going to get anywhere without showing a bit.

The cavern in her mind swelled. She grabbed the sides of her head and rocked back and forth. The woman who would dress in the light blue blouse and tan slacks that Lilly wore raged in her mind. She battered herself against the invisible wall. Lilly watched in awe as the woman smashed memories over and over against the indestructible field.

One was of her scolding Amber for her revealing attire. Another was putting all of Cassy’s sexy clothes into garbage bags and throwing them out with her husband. Another was of five minutes ago, looking at the Lands End home page. Lilly knew that they were real memories, but ones that no one else shared with her. They were memories of a life led by her in a different universe, a different dimension. Again, she’d made a decision for her daughter that had changed herself.

Running out of steam, the woman sank down to her knees and sobbed for Lilly stop, to button up, to never use the power again. She cried for Lilly to get back to work, to get serious, that she was blowing her chance for the big promotion. Instead of listening, Lilly got up and headed over to her best friend’s desk. Worn out, the woman in her mind faded like a memory of a boring sitcom from the night before.

Arriving at the receptionist’s desk, Lilly admired Amber’s low cut top and artificial cleavage. If she could have stomached the thought of surgery, she wouldn’t have minded reviving her figure to its youth, especially since she had just experienced her daughter’s body.

“Ahhh, Lills! You got coffee on your crusty old-lady shirt,” Amber said, looking up from whatever menial task she was pretending to do.

“I know! That’s why I’m here. You got an extra top I can borrow?”

Amber turned around and pulled out a neatly folded shirt and mini-skirt from her bag. She handed them over. “I was going to wear these to happy hour tonight, but since you woke up this morning and put on your schoolmarm outfit, something’s gotta save you from your fashion crisis.”

Happily taking the outfit, Lilly gave Amber a smile. “What say we ditch early and go get started?”

“You read my mind!”

“I’ll go get changed.”

Lilly went into the bathroom and stripped down to her undies. She examined herself in the mirror and compared her body to her daughter’s. Life and years had taken their toll on her once marvelous breasts. Maybe she should have them fixed up, and while the doctor was in there, she could have him up them a size or two. Maybe then again, she’d better not. Her marriage was already pretty much in shambles. Her husband would go ballistic over more men drooling over his wife.

She didn’t understand why he hated her fashion sense so much. It’s not like it had changed over the years. So what if other men looked? Lilly wasn’t about to go off and fuck any of them. And as much as he looked around, it wasn’t as if he had the right to be jealous, she thought.

Unable to fathom why she hadn’t worn a thong, Lilly pulled her grannie panties off and chucked them in the trash with her ruined shirt and drab slacks. She gave her hairy friend a pat and joy seared her nerves. She was still raging from her daughter’s sex drive.

Biting her lower lip, Lilly peeked around to make sure no one was there. Leaving her change of clothes on the counter, she headed into a stall and leaned against the wall, then reached between her legs and started rubbing herself.

The thrill of pleasuring herself at work where anyone could come in and hear her slight whimpers fed her flames. Her hand stroked faster until the stall’s walls shook with her vibrations. Finally, they rocked back and forth as her orgasm crashed into her.

Still wearing only her bra and shoes, Lilly stepped out of the stall. To her horror, Margarette from accounting was washing her hands. She gave Lilly a disdainful look in the mirror.

“I...uhh.. spilt some coffee on my blouse and Amber gave me something to change into, so I...uhh...”

Margarette didn’t respond. She just flicked her wrists twice to dry her hands and left the bathroom. Lilly went back into the stall to give its walls another good shaking. Fifteen minutes later, a satisfied Lilly walked out of the bathroom wearing a tight, shear, low cut top and a skirt barely longer than the one she’d put on as her daughter.

The bra functional white bra didn’t work with the shirt. It had been clearly visible beneath it and was too embarrassingly ugly to contemplate keeping on and her breasts didn’t sag too much without it. In the end, it joined the rest of her old clothes in the trash.

“Bit nipply in here isn’t it?” Amber laughed when Lilly came out of the bathroom. She pointed at the older woman’s plainly visible nipples.

“Like you’ve got a right to talk. I think there’s more tit out of your shirt than in.” The two laughed and headed out of their office. They hopped in a cab and joked and giggled as the driver took them to their favorite watering hole.

More to the point, it was Amber’s favorite watering hole. Lilly wasn’t crazy about it. Since it was near the local university, most of the clientele was barely older than her daughter. Lilly preferred eye candy closer to her own age.

Sitting down at the bar, they ordered two martinis and continued their chitchat. Lilly had just finished her drink when two twenty-somethings came and sat on either side of them.

“Need another one?” the guy who sat next to her asked.

This was another reason Lilly hated coming here. At a more upstanding place, they could make it through the entire night without being bothered. Here, she had to shoot boys down every twenty minutes or so. However, it was for that reason that Amber dragged her here every night. “Free drinks, hot studs, and ‘experimenting’ coeds. What the hell you bitching about?” she’d always say when Lilly complained.

“What? You draw the short straw?” Lilly asked her new companion.

“Pardon?”

“You know, you had to be the wing-man and hit on the older broad so your friend could get the young hot one?”

“Never crossed your mind that maybe I like older women?”

“Yeah, work on your lines, pal.” Lilly turned away from the college boy. She snapped at the bartender, pointed at her empty glass, and gestured for him to make another. The first one was already giving her a pleasant buzz.

“Well...” the boy started.

Lilly looked at him for the first time and glowered at him in a manner only a mother of a teenager could. “Move along.”

The boy stood up and muttered “bitch” under his breath. He caught his friend’s attention and thumbed at the bathroom, then headed off for it. Lilly watched him go and took a sip of her freshly made martini.

The cola tingled as it slid down her throat; it had a hint of rum. The low mumble of an early hour bar was replaced by the loud buzz of a teenager-filled food court. She blinked as she adjusted her eyes from the bar’s dark ambiance to the mall’s fluorescent glow. She was Cassy again.

She was eating a hamburger with Susan, more precisely, she was watching Susan eat a hamburger while sipping on the diet cola that the meal came with. “I still don’t see how you can eat that greasy crap,” Lilly’s mouth said.

That was all she had time to process before the hormones racing through her daughter’s body hit her. She slammed the cup on the table and grabbed the front of her seat with her left hand. Pretending to adjust her seat, Lilly leaned back and rubbed her pussy up and down her forearm’s tender skin. How was her daughter not constantly masturbating?

“You okay, girl?” Susan asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” Lilly slurred. “Oh my gawd, like am I drunk?”

Susan giggled. “You should be after all that rum I put in there. Stop hogging it.” Susan took the drink back and took a huge sip.

Her daughter was drunk in public. How had Lilly not taken over for that? Well, considering she herself spent more time drunk at home than sober, Lilly realized she didn’t actually care. It was all in the process of growing up.

If she wasn’t here to prevent her daughter from getting drunk, why was she here? It obviously wasn’t to prevent her daughter from masturbating in public. She was failing at that as well. Her left hand had let go of the chair and snaked its way up the short skirt she’d tried on earlier (apparently her daughter had bought it). Her finger slowly slid up and down her thong covered snatch.

Two boys from across the food court made their way over to Lilly and Susan’s table. Lilly reluctantly pulled her hand out of her skirt and sat up straight, presenting her chest for viewing.

“Hey,” one of them said. They were roughly the same age as most of the boys in the bar Lilly’s body was in, which made them older than Cassy, but still too young for Lilly.

Glancing over at Susan, the girl’s body language cried out for the boys to leave them alone. Instead, one whipped an extra chair out from under the table, spun it around, and sat down in it backwards. The other boy pulled out the last chair and slumped down in it. He sat angled so that his left leg dangled off the front of the chair and his right leg was off the right side. He crooked his arm over the back.

“How you fine speci-mine tonight?” Backwards boy asked. Sideways kid let out a goofy laugh.

“Gawd, could they be any lamer?” Lilly asked Susan. Susan didn’t say anything. She just hid behind her bangs. “Get lost skuz balls.”

Backwards glared at Lilly. “What a pair of bitches!”

“I bet they’re lesbos,” Sideways laughed.

Susan turned bright red.

Elevating himself so he hovered over the seat, Backwards pantomimed fucking the back of the chair. “Yeah, I bet they just need a good cocking.”

Without a word, Lilly stood up and smacked Backwards in the face with Cassy’s purse. Not having the chair to support him, he tumbled over on to the floor. Sideways jumped up to defend him, only to have Lilly smash Cassy’s foot in his groin. He collapsed into a ball on the floor.

Everyone in the food court was looking at the commotion. No one looked more shocked than Susan. Lilly grabbed her hand, pulled her out of her seat and ran towards the closest exit. She was half way there when she bumped into the counter top of the bar.

Lilly blinked and looked about. Amber was still flirting with the frat boy and Lilly still hadn’t finished her drink. She downed it and spun the glass around by twisting the stem.

“You okay there, girl?” Amber asked, turning away from her male companion.

God she was beautiful Lilly thought. “Yeah, I’m fine it’s just umm... yeah...”

Her best friend giggled. “That drunk already, huh?”

“Yeah...”

Amber turned back to the guy hitting on her, leaving Lilly alone with her thoughts. Lilly was giddy. For the first time since she’d gotten her powers, she didn’t have a sense that she’d ended up changing herself as well.

Lilly rubbed her hand, the one that had pulled Susan along with her. She could still feel the soft touch of her daughter’s friend, the smooth skin and pleading grip. Susan was really cute, not as beautiful or sexy as Amber, but her daughter could do worse.

Susan reminded Lilly of her roommate from her days at the technical school. One drunken night they’d shared a bed, the only time Lilly had even been with a girl. Unlike Susan though, her roommate hadn’t been a lesbian. In fact, she’d been deeply religious. The next day, rather than facing Lilly, she’d packed and moved out leaving anything she couldn’t fit in a couple of suitcases. When Lilly returned from classes, all she found was a note saying I’ll pray for our souls.

Confused herself, her roommate’s reaction caused Lilly to throw herself on guys harder than she should have. That’s how she wound up marrying her philandering husband, Mark. Suppress as she might, it didn’t stop Lilly from dreaming of her roommate’s delicate touch whenever she made love.

For the first time after making a decision for her daughter, there was no screaming in her mind. Lilly wandered into the recesses of it and found that drably dressed version of her sitting down, watching a movie.

It was like a documentary of the woman’s life. She’d only lived with Mark throughout her four year degree. There was no technical school, which meant no roommate, which meant she’d never experienced that one night of joy.

As Lilly watched the other her’s memories of her turbulent relationship with Mark, she felt a pang of sadness for the woman. Their relationship was monogamous and for the most part good, but there was no joy.

Being drunk in her own body and in her daughter’s body wasn’t helping Lilly think. The movie leaked over into her mind and she couldn’t remember which memories were real. She sighed. She wished the boy hitting on Amber would leave her alone so Lilly could have her to herself.

She was different, she could tell that much. The her watching the movie had never had these thoughts about women. Why had she changed? Really, there was no other decision for Cassy to make. Would her daughter have actually gone off with those boys, abandoning her friend? Or would she just not have been strong willed enough to fight them off? Was it as simple as she’d chosen a girl over boys?

What ever the reason, she’d chosen correctly. Which meant she hadn’t changed. She’d just been suppressing her feelings ever since that night with her roommate. Susan’s needing touch and Amber’s fun and happy ways had just brought everything back to the surface.

She wanted to rub Amber’s hand. She wanted Amber’s attention. Encouraged by her last ordeal as Cassy added in with her drunkenness, Lilly had the bravura to gingerly reach out and stroke the back of her friend’s hand. Startled, Amber turned and looked at Lilly. Lilly’s heart missed a beat as she looked into Amber’s eyes.

“You need something?” Amber asked.

“No, it’s umm I just uhh...” Lilly said. She couldn’t voice what she wanted to. I need you. Instead, she said to Amber’s boy, “Your friend’s been in the bathroom a while. Shouldn’t you go check on him or something?”

“Nah, he’ll be fine.”

Amber turned back to the boy. Jealousy flared through Lilly. She was here with Amber. She was her friend, not his. She was the one who was supposed to fill Amber up with booze and then take her home.

Leaning across Amber and rubbing up against her more than necessary, Lilly pulled the boy close to her with the front of his shirt. “Yeah, well you won’t be if you don’t go.” She shoved him back in his seat and then sat up.

“Psycho,” the boy said as he left.

Giggling, Amber turned towards Lilly. “Wow, you must be wasted! You haven’t been this clingy since the last Christmas party.”

“I don’t know what it is,” You’re stunningly beautiful. “It’s just...”

She was going to do it. She was going to tell Amber that she wanted her, but before she could get the words out of her mouth, Lilly found herself sitting on her daughter’s bed in her pajamas. Susan was sitting across from her. She’d put on an extra pair of Cassy’s pajamas and was sitting with her back against the wall and held her legs up against her chest with her arms.

Even though she’d just come into the room, Lilly could tell there was tension in the air. Her mouth was sore from overexerting herself, smiling and laughing. It was as if her daughter had been trying to hide the awkwardness through laughter.

Susan looked up at Lilly. If she’d been laughing with Cassy, her eyes didn’t show it. They glistened with welled up tears. Lilly let the silence settle. She waited for Susan to speak.

“Cassy, I...don’t say anything. Just let me say all this. I need to let it out. Today at the mall, what you did.... It was amazing. I couldn’t believe it. Not only are you the most beautiful girl I’ve ever known, but you’re now officially the bravest.

“But it’s more than that. It was the first time.... At school, when all the other kids pick on me and make fun of me for liking girls, you never stand up for me, but today... I mean, don’t take it wrong or anything. You didn’t freak out and start ignoring me like some people did, and I was fine with that. You still wanted to hang out and all....”

Tears were now streaming down Susan’s cheeks. “I know you like guys, hell the whole school knows how much you like guys. I was fine with that because we’re friends and I didn’t want to lose that.... It hurt, knowing you’re with all those boys, but not as much as it hurt when you stand by and let Jennifer and her cronies say all those nasty things to me.

“Then today, you go and do that.... Protect me...save me.... You can’t do that to me. I can’t take it. I love you too much.”

Lilly’s heart went out to the girl. Not just her heart. Her hand reached out and pulled Susan’s head towards hers. The young girl’s lips quivered as Lilly pressed hers against them. Susan unwrapped her arms from around her legs and pulled Lilly’s embrace towards her.

Shifting their positions so she could lay Susan down on the bed, Lilly climbed on top of her daughter’s friend. Gently working her way down Susan, Lilly kissed and caressed spots her daughter wouldn’t have known about no matter how many boys she’d been with.

Taking her time, Lilly worked the young girl up into a squirming lather. Susan rustled Lilly’s hair and let out faint sighs and moans. When she felt like she’d gotten the girl worked up enough, Lilly went in for the kill and lifted the hem of Susan’s pajamas up.

She didn’t dive in like a man would. She held back and tantalized Susan even more. She caressed up one thigh, skipped over and went back down the other. When Susan’s whimpers started to sound like begs, that’s when Lilly touched her. But then she backed off.

“Stop toying with me,” Susan moaned. Giving in, Lilly gave the girl what she wanted. After Susan came, she pulled Lilly up to her. “I love you,” Susan said.

Even though her body had never moved, her mind told her eyes to adjust to the lights of her daughter’s room before realizing she was back where she belonged. Like her eyes, Lilly’s mind needed a second or two to catch up with what happened.

What had happened was amazing. A glow spread over Lilly for what she’d done. Her daughter now had a girlfriend who loved her more than anything. Lilly’s eyes adjusted and she was looking at Amber. Cassy now had a girlfriend who loved her as much as Lilly loved this woman.

Lilly remembered sneaking off with Amber for “smoke breaks” at the office and pleasuring each other in unused conference rooms. The long lunches they took together and ended up spending the time in a hotel. She’d been kidding herself. It wasn’t just fun and games. And it wasn’t because Mark made no secret he was doing the same with his secretary.

There was no reason to hide everything from her daughter. She and Mark didn’t have to pretend to be a family. They didn’t have to pretend like they didn’t hate each other. Cassy’s behavior was proof enough that it wasn’t working.

She was wrong to want some mystical power to try and change her daughter. Lilly should lead by example and change her daughter through herself. It was okay that Cassy and she didn’t have the best relationship. Lilly wasn’t being honest with herself. How could they have?

That feeling hit her again that something wasn’t quite right, but it didn’t bother her. She didn’t care if there was some other her somewhere saying that things were different. She quickly put both of them out of mind. She had bigger things to worry about. Susan’s words had at last given Lilly the confidence she needed to do what she should have done long ago.

“Hello? Lilly?” Amber asked. “You just what?”

“I just...I love you, Amber. I don’t want to share you with anyone anymore. I don’t want to come to these bars and watch men try to pick you up. I want you for myself. I’m going to leave Mark so I can be with you.”

She braced herself in anticipation of being rejected. She waited for Amber to laugh her off and tell her it was all just for fun. But Amber remained silent. The world was silent. The world froze. From across the bar, a man started clapping. She felt like she should know him. His claps rang hollow in the still world. She remembered. He was the man who’d given her the ability to control her daughter.

“Amazing,” he said. “Just when I’d all but given up on humanity, someone like you comes along and renews my faith.”

“What are you talking about?”

“You. You’re just terrific. Of all the bets, of all the times I’ve given powers to people, none of them have been able to do what you have.” In Lilly’s mind, she saw two realities: the one she had before she’d met this man at the coffeehouse and the one she was living in now.

Despite her worries of how Amber would react, Lilly could clearly see she was much happier now than she’d ever been in her old life. How she had once felt for her husband, even at it peak, failed in comparison for the adoration she had for Amber. She and Cassy were still not as close as she wanted, but she was okay with it. She believed in her daughter now. Professionally, her old life was far superior to her new, but that didn’t matter to Lilly anymore. The resounding difference was that she was happy.

“You can see what I mean,” the man said. “I’ve never seen it before. Technically, it’s always out there, it’s always been a possibility, but it’s never been done before.”

“What hasn’t?” Lilly asked.

“A happy ending. In spite of all your failures, you managed to create a happy ending for yourself. Sure, it has some flaws, but what story doesn’t?” The man touched Lilly. Energy and power raced through his fingertips and into her shoulder. If she could have touched a god, she imagined that’s what it would have felt like.

“I’m going to take your power back now. And for doing something I’ve never seen before, I’m going to give you the best of both worlds. You’ll get it all. Even your husband will enjoy the benefits. He and his secretary will share a similar life to you and Amber.

“Lilly Smith, you are incredible. Enjoy your life.”

The man disappeared and the world started up again. All her office mates sat around her in various stages of inebriation. Everyone had come out to celebrate Lilly’s promotion to branch manager. Even though it had been last minute, almost everyone was there to show their support and how happy they were for their new boss.

Out of them all, only Margarette from accounting was close enough to hear the conversation taking place between Lilly and Amber. She’d been encouraging Lilly to have this conversation for months. She was wringing her hands, just as worried as Lilly was. Her proposal to leave Mark to be with Amber still hung in the air.

A tear rolled down Amber’s cheek and then another. Finally, she said, “You don’t know how long I’ve been waiting to hear you say that.”