The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Crimson Azure

CHAPTER 10

PREVIOUSLY... Rose confided in his senior, Siegfried Rosenrot, about having fallen in love with Amaterasu. Rosenrot consoles and reassures him, offering to inform her father, Susano, of the situation.

Vermillion is approaching Crimson’s office when he notices Crimson himself approaching as well, with Vanessa and Susano in tow.
VERMILLION:

Ah, Mister Crimson! What timing, I have some news.

Crimson and Vanessa both look to Vermillion in interest.
CRIMSON:

Hm? What kind of news?

Vermillion answers almost instantly.
VERMILLION:

I’ve checked with some of my informants, and I got names of some people who, they suspect, work with Lincoln.

There is a stunned silence as Crimson, Vanessa and Susano take in what was just said. Finally, Crimson speaks.
CRIMSON:

...You’ve got my attention. Let’s go inside my office.

Crimson unlocks the door. As he does, Vermillion looks to Susano.
VERMILLION:

Oh, Mister Aka? Siegfried wants to talk with you later, when you get the chance.

Susano simply nods as Crimson opens the door. They all step in, and Crimson closes and locks the door behind him. He turns to Vanessa.
CRIMSON:

Vanessa, you should get ready to record those names.

Vanessa just nods and goes to grab her clipboard. Crimson then turns to Vermillion.
CRIMSON:

Alright, You say these are names of some guys who may be working for Lincoln?

VERMILLION:

Yeah. I’ve had a lot of eyes and ears placed around the city, set to record any leads on Lincoln. Hot dog vendors, washroom and arcade attendants, movie ushers, bellhops...

Crimson’s eyebrows rise. He’s obviously impressed.
CRIMSON:

Nice. Any big names you know of?

Vermillion checks the list.
VERMILLION:

A couple that ring some bells, but other than that, only one I really know of.

CRIMSON:

And who’s that?

VERMILLION:

Jean-Pierre Emeralde, World-class fencing champion. They say he immigrated here from his home in France to hone his fencing skills. He claims to be good friends with a swordsman from Japan, named Jubei Midori....

Susano tenses up at the sound of that name.
SUSANO:

Did you say... Midori?

Vermillion looks up from the list.
VERMILLION:

Why? Do you know him?

Susano hesitates.
SUSANO:

...I suppose you can say our families... don’t get along.

Vermilion suddenly feels awkward.
VERMILLION:

Oh... One of those family rivalries?

SUSANO:

Kind of like in Romeo and Juliet, yes. Jubei comes from the powerful Midori clan. The both of us lived in Okinawa before coming here.

This time, Vermillion seems confused.
VERMILLION:

Oki-what now?

Crimson answers.
CRIMSON:

Okinawa is one of the smaller islands that make up Japan. While it’s a bit more rural than, say, Tokyo, it is said to be the birthplace of the Ninja.

Susano nods, confirming Crimson’s explanation.
SUSANO:

Correct. My clan is one of those many Ninja clans. Midori, however, is a clan of Samurai. And that’s usually the reason we cross fists so much. Samurai and Ninja are natural enemies.

MAROON:

I see. So it’s like in Romeo and Juliet. You had the rival families, the Capulets and the Montagues.

SUSANO:

Exactly.

VERMILLION:

Oh... So what do we do about this?

Crimson answers dismissively.
CRIMSON:

We’ll burn that bridge when we come to it. Right now, we need to focus on the head honchos. Any more?

Vermillion checks the list.
VERMILLION:

Those are the big ones. I’ll keep gathering info, just in case.

Crimson turns to Maroon.
CRIMSON:

You were in a couple of fencing tournaments in college, weren’t you? Think you can handle these guys?

MAROON:

Hmmm... I was a National Champion a few years ago, before I joined the Syndicate. I’ve heard of Emeralde, and I’ve seen videos of his swordplay. I have a rough idea of how to take him on, but executing the plan might be another story entirely.

Crimson pauses for a moment.
CRIMSON:

Well, either way, looks like we’ll have to step up our regime.

END CHAPTER.