The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Crimson Azure

CHAPTER 7

PREVIOUSLY... A dinner was being held in order to break the ice between the two companies. However, the party is quickly crashed by Lincoln’s brief intrusion. Even after the interruption, the people of both companies managed to enjoy themselves.

The next morning, a cellphone is ringing on the nightstand in Crimson’s bedroom. He sluggishly slaps his hand on it before picking it up and checking the screen to see who’s calling. Unable to recognize the number, he answers.

CRIMSON:

....Morning. Who is this?

PHONE:

It’s Morpheus. I have an idea that might save our asses. Could you come over to my building at about two this afternoon?

CRIMSON:

What time is it now?

PHONE:

Eight-thirty in the morning.

CRIMSON:

Alright, I think I can do that.

PHONE:

I’ll be waiting in the lobby.

Then Azure hangs up. Crimson closes the phone and puts it back on the nightstand. He sluggishly sits up. After a second, he looks over his shoulder to Vanessa, who is sound asleep. He leans in to whisper in her ear.
CRIMSON:

Vanessa, when you wake up, you will begin business as usual. I will be gone for a while. I want you to look after my office in the meantime.

Vanessa mutters, without even opening her eyes.
VANESSA:

Yes Master.

—A few hours later....—

Crimson arrives at the lobby to Azure Industries. There’s a secretary at the front desk who looks similar to Aphrodite, except her hair is a rich blonde. Crimson does a double-take as he notices her.
CRIMSON:

...Miss Aphrodite?

The secretary looks up.
SECRETARY:

Hmm? Oh, sorry. I’m Athena. I guess you could say Aphrodite’s my sister. How can I help you?

CRIMSON:

Oh, uh, I was asked to come here. Mister Azure said he wanted to show me something.

ATHENA:

Ah, yes, Mister Crimson. Just have a seat. He will be with you shortly.

CRIMSON:

Alright.

As he takes a seat, the secretary stands up.
ATHENA:

Would you like anything to eat or drink?

Crimson thinks about it.
CRIMSON:

Uhm... warm green tea, please, if you have it.

Athena nods.
ATHENA:

I’ll bring it to you in a minute.

As she sets off to get Crimson his tea, his eyes wander around the lobby. The tall ceilings, the smooth walls and the sleek furniture give off a very futuristic aura.
A couple minutes later, Athena returns with the tea.
ATHENA:

Here’s your tea.

Crimson quickly snaps back to reality, taking the tea.
CRIMSON:

Ah, thank you. Sorry, I was just letting my eyes wander. This is the first time I’ve actually set foot in this building. Feels like I just stepped a hundred years in the future.

Athena giggles.
ATHENA:

Don’t worry, you’re not the first one to have had that feeling. After all, Azure Industries is said to be the pinnacle of technology.

Crimson humbly chuckles a little as he sips his tea.
CRIMSON:

Yeah... It’s looking at stuff like this that kinda makes me feel old and quaint. But then, I guess I AM an old-fashioned kinda guy...

A thoughtful look starts to form on Athena’s face.
ATHENA:

I dunno... I tend to find the stuff you call “old-fashioned” rather fascinating, personally...

Crimson looks to Athena with a curious look on his face.
CRIMSON:

How so?

Athena shrugs.
ATHENA:

I don’t really know. I guess I’m just interested in what people used to have in mind for the future... like what if all machines were steam-powered, or made of old clockwork, instead of run by batteries or solar power?

Crimson scratches his chin at this.
CRIMSON:

Hmmm... Never thought about that before...

No sooner did he say that than a door opens in the back of the lobby. Azure enters the room, followed by Aoi.
AZURE:

Ah, Richard. Glad you could make it. Sorry I’m late. I was busy with something.

Crimson looks to Azure, and smiles as he stands up.
CRIMSON:

No worries. I was just having a good conversation with Miss Athena here.

Azure smiles. Crimson briefly turns to Athena and smirks.
CRIMSON:

And I enjoyed the tea.

Athena looks away coyly. If she were human, her cheeks would be a bright pink.
AZURE:

That’s good to hear. So, yeah... whenever you’re ready.

Crimson finishes his tea.
CRIMSON:

Lead the way.

He follows Azure and Aoi to the elevator. Azure presses the button and turns to Crimson.
AZURE:

So Athena made you tea? How was it?

CRIMSON:

It was good. I’m impressed with how well she made it. Perfect temperature, great taste and everything.

Azure smiles as they step into the elevator.
AZURE:

Good. Anyway, we’ve just come up with something that might help us defend ourselves against Lincoln’s men...

Crimson raises his eyebrows in interest as the doors close and the elevator starts to rise.
CRIMSON:

Oh?

Aoi gives Crimson a sly smirk.
AOI:

Have you ever read the book I, Robot?

Crimson looks confused.
CRIMSON:

I’m afraid I haven’t.

AOI:

Well, the general story is told from many different perspectives, but the main connection between them is that at one point, the robots were controlled remotely, and while they were not in control of themselves at the time, they were able to rise against the humans they were meant to protect and coexist with.

The doors to the elevator open and they step into Azure’s office. Everything in it is sleek and spotless. There is a large screen TV on one side of the room, with Azure’s desk facing it.
AZURE:

Now, in their normal modes, those robots were calm, friendly, and loyal. The only way they would rise against their human creators would be if anyone were to override their Three Laws programming, which is ingrained into their human emulation programs.

CRIMSON:

Wait, so the only way to get an AI unit to harm people, is to shut off the AI part?

Aoi smirks.
AOI:

In a nutshell, yes.

Crimson pauses.
CRIMSON:

Okay... I think I see where this is going. So you’re considering turning all your androids into Robocops?

Azure grabs a remote from the desk.
AZURE:

More like Terminators, but the goal is the same: Defending the public while crushing those who defy the law. And it’ll only be when their AI program is deactivated that they’ll harm anyone.

Crimson teasingly puts a hand on his hip in a pose of indignancy.
CRIMSON:

I thought I was supposed to be the one to eliminate him. Change of plans, huh?

AZURE:

You could say that.

Azure presses a button, and the TV turns on. On the screen, there seem to be diagnostics and blueprints of a new type of android. There appear to be plans for both male and female versions to the model.
AZURE:

What you see here is a blueprint of an android designed specifically for this kind of job. AI program activation is remote operated, and the commands can be issued worldwide from this very building.

AOI:

They will be our eyes, ears and fists in this underground war against Lincoln. And for that, I have dubbed it as the “Hayabusa Project”.

Crimson pauses again, then he smirks.
CRIMSON:

It’s got a nice ring to it.

AZURE:

We were just working on some finishing touches to our prototypes. We’re planning on having them endorsed by the military to reduce our human casualties. I guess you could say this underground war will be their first real test.

CRIMSON:

Sounds neat.

AZURE:

Angus should be done with the prototypes any minute now...

As soon as he says that, the elevator door opens and Cerulean steps in, followed by two of the androids depicted on the TV screen. Most of the droids’ bodies seem to be layered with black cushions that took the place of human flesh. Both droids seem to be human from the neck up, but the rest of their bodies is purely mechanical.
AZURE:

Well, speak of the devil...

CERULEAN:

I just finished installing the ballistics gel. They’re more heavily armored than a turtle in a tank. A-grade titanium-aluminium alloy. Lightweight, but stronger and more durable than either metal would be alone.

Azure nods, and turns to the the robots.
AZURE:

This man here is Mister Richard Crimson. He’s going to be our ally for a while. I’d like you to introduce yourselves.

Both droids turn to Crimson bluntly, in a manner similar to military soldiers during a training drill. The male droid is the first to speak.
MALE DROID:

Pleasure to meet you. I am Hayabusa Model M-Zero, Codename: Nagi.

The female droid follows her counterpart’s behavior.
FEMALE DROID:

...and I am Hayabusa Model F-Zero, Codename: Nami.

Crimson nods. He doesn’t notice that Azure has a different remote in his hand now.
CRIMSON:

Nice to meet you both.

He holds out a hand to Nagi, who responds by gripping his hand in a firm handshake. Azure presses a button. Suddenly, in one swift movement, Nagi is standing behind Crimson with the latter’s arm held behind his back. Crimson yelps in surprise.
CRIMSON:

WHOA! What the—?!

After a second, he realizes what Nagi has done.
CRIMSON:

...Okay, Morpheus... I think you’ve convinced me.

Azure smirks.
AZURE:

Sorry, Richard. Only effective demonstration I could think of.

CRIMSON:

Understandable... Could you get him off of me now? I think I’m losing the circulation to my arm.

AZURE:

Alright. Nagi, release him.

Nagi immediately lets go. Crimson’s arm seems to be slightly numb, since he’s having trouble moving it. He nurses his arm back to normal.
CRIMSON:

That’s... quite impressive. Think it’ll work against Lincoln’s men?

Cerulean answers.
CERULEAN:

Don’t worry, laddie. Even their soft, squishy bits are armed to the teeth. They’re fitted with airguns that can fire darts, paintballs, rubber AND lead bullets...

Azure finishes Cerulean’s bragging.
AZURE:

Not to mention close combat weapons, such as police batons or even short blades.

AOI:

And to top it all off, I plan to program each one with a different code, to deter hackers.

Crimson thinks about it.
CRIMSON:

So between my brainwashed assassins and your Hayabusa Project...

Azure smiles again, as if he read Crimson’s mind.
AZURE:

We should each have our own small army ready by the end of the month.

Crimson looks to Azure with a sly grin.
CRIMSON:

Well, I should head back to work, then... I’ve got an army of my own to build.

CHAPTER END.