The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Dominant Species

Chapter 12

SWAN DIVE INTO THE VOID.

The vampire made a stop at a hotel near the Pennsylvania-Maryland border. It wasn’t his last stop before his sleep but it was Lucy’s. Her trip was at an end.

He had her rent a room in the back, quiet, out of the way. After she had gone in he entered unseen, half an hour later.

Once inside he feasted heartily on her, body and mind. He attacked her savagely, biting her neck, her tits, her arms, her thighs, working his way down to her cunt. At the same time he invaded her mind, stoking her already unworldly pleasure, feeding on her wanton, ferocious desire and unquenchable ecstasy. His influence on her body and mind became so strong during his double feeding that eventually she didn’t even know her name or where she was. She was just a hollow shell filled with endless pleasure. He could feel it in her and he reveled in how he had such total power over another living thing.

As he watched her, writhing, moaning, her eyes fluttering so violently that often all he could see where the whites of them, her mouth opening and closing, making noises that were nothing intelligible sounding, more rutting animal than human, seeing the muscles of her young body spasm and twitch, totally out of her control, he knew he had reduced her to nothing more than a beautiful pleasure plaything that was at his disposal to use as he wished.

But this power, this show of strength was infinitesimal compared to what was to shortly come in his next incarnation. And that thought made him attack and feed on her with even greater intensity.

Finally he was done, physically and mentally sated. Lucy lay on her back, drenched in sweat, her young, sweet skin shining and glowing beautifully covered in its moisture. Her firm, wet breasts were heaving and jiggling with each long, gasping breath she took, their nipples diamond hard and engorged, swollen, standing up like twin rockets, engines revved up to the max, straining, ready for erotic takeoff.

He sat on the bed, naked, for the longest time watching her. Lucy the mindless, sensual animal was so lovely under his ministrations and spell. He cock grew long and hard observing the living, wanton sex machine he had created. He could sense the pleasure centers of her brain ignite and burn with frightening intensity, over and over again, like a meth addict taking sucking repeated hits on the pipe. Only she held no apparatus in her hands, they were rubbing on her slick cunt and full tits. She didn’t need to have a pipe. He was her pipe of dreams.

He leaned over her slowly, with care and then fucked her for hours.

Lucy lay sound asleep, finally worn out. Her mind had simply shut down, overloaded with pleasure and exquisite sensations. She had nothing more to give, nothing left to feel. She needed rest and nothing could stop her body’s imperative to attempt some sort of rejuvenation.

The vampire had showered and was fully dressed. He looked immaculate. The draining of Lucy’s blood and mind had giving him a glow of pultrichtude no human, no matter how beautiful could attain.

He sat on the bed and reached out, gently taking Lucy’s hand in his. He scanned every inch of her with his dilated black eyes. Her face looked so peaceful, almost angelic in sleeps soft repose. Her black eye lashes laced her pretty cheeks. He observed the numerous bite makes his thin, razor sharp fangs had imprinted on her body. He took in the swell of her full breasts, the gentle, sloping curves of her body and the outlines of her muscles, the circumference of her youthful, hard ass.

“So beautiful,” he murmured to himself.

The vampire had pondered during their trip what to do with his unexpected passenger. For the longest time he had decided to kill her. He would drain what was left of her mind and body along some small dirt road off the highway. Then toss her out so the insects and animals could feed on the remains. They too, lesser predators, had a right to feed and live.

His coal black eyes glistened with anticipation. He ran his hand gently over her the top of hers. She moved ever so slightly at his touch. A small grin graced his red, full lips.

But now, at this last moment before her death he experienced a change of mind. He had been in such a frightful and deep funk when he had started his long cross country sojourn. Thoughts of loss, of Sammi and Staci had been intrusive and depressing and maddening. Unusually for him, he had been unable to train his mind on other things. They were like twins of despair that kept attacking him no matter what he did to exorcise them from his thoughts.

It had been Lucy’s arrival that had attenuated all that. It was her presence and their interaction that allowed him to escape events in LA and make his trip with a measure of equanimity. She had changed the entire complexion of the trip and his emotions.

Ultimately he realized this young woman had done him a big favor and one thing the vampire always did was return a favor of this nature. It was a matter of honor and honor always had to be upheld. After all, without honor, what did a person have? Nothing at all.

He sighed and withdrew his hand from Lucy’s, the motion hesitant, almost with regret. As much as he wanted to feed on her to extremis she had earned her life.

The vampire reached into Lucy’s slumbering mind with powerful intensity for he was at the height of his formidable powers now and he began to affect changes in her. He was beginning to address the favor she had done him and he planned on payment in full.

First he removed the darker impulses that his mental feeding had transferred to the young woman. It was easy to do since she had not been under his influence long. Had she been with him for weeks this psychic surgery would have been impossible and she would have been irrevocably changed. He did not want her to be a dark creature, even for a short time, but instead to resume the normal life she had been living.

Next he removed her knowledge of his true nature. When Lucy woke she would only know she ran into a man on the road, just a man, and had fallen wildly in love and lust with him. Nothing more than that. Lastly he left her a little present. He smiled at what he was about to do. He implanted in her a sense of arousal whenever she thought of him and their brief time together. This arousal would grow and grow, leading her to rub out and enjoy the best orgasms of her life. He didn’t know how long this planted suggestion would last, weeks, months or maybe even a few years before it faded away, but while it did she would experience amazing sexual enjoyment at the memories.

What would Lucy tell her sister once she awoke and contacted her about their meeting that never took place? That he didn’t know or care about. Lucy would come up with some story to placate Rita. Humans were good at those kinds of lies and he knew any issues between them would disappear with their reunion and the end of the worry Rita must be experiencing at this moment.

When he finished rearranging Lucy’s mind he sat at the small desk in a corner of the room. He removed a pen and paper from the drawer and began to write:

My dearest Lucy,

I want to express my warmest thanks for the pleasure of your company these past few days.

You were a boon companion to me in a time of great need. You were a most interesting and entertaining travel companion. You were also sublime in bed. I envy your future lovers, those lucky enough for you to choose to share your delights with. You are an amazing woman in all ways. I can promise you I will carry your memory with me for eternity.

He smiled at that line.

He was about to finish up when his eyes drifted to Lucy’s purse which was on the table. He cocked his head, staring at it. Slowly he reached out and opened it. His hand slithered in and came out clutching the bobble head figurine. He held it up, gazing at it and smiled. He began to write again

As a keepsake of our brief but memorable time together I have taken the lovely Japanese figurine you so kindly taught me about. Please do not take offense by this for I am no thief. I have left you more than adequate remuneration on the table along with this letter. There is enough to get Rita that other doll you wished to purchase for her and some extra to aid you in life’s journey. It is small recompense for the sizable favor you bestowed on me.

Finally, I wish you and your sister very long, enjoyable and satisfying lives.

With my warmest regards,
Elvis.

The vampire rose and then reached into his pocket and removed his wallet. He removed three hundred dollars, the price of the doll and placed it on the table. He removed three thousand more so she could get her sister the doll she had longed to present her. Then he laid down seven thousand more for good measure.

The vampire started up the car’s monster engine. He sat for a moment, looking at the hotel room door: Another parting. His life was filled with endless partings. It was the grand motif of his existence. Nothing was permanent or truly fulfilling. Despite his immortality his need for sleep put an inexorable stamp on his reality.

He looked at the doll that he held in his hand. It was a lovely piece of art.

“I christen you Staci-san.”

He attached Staci-san to the dashboard, revved the engine and took off, never looking back.

The vampire turned on the radio and punched in a particular song. He tapped Staci-san with his finger, making her dance to the music as the song filled the car from its powerful state of the art speaker system. The song was ‘Just a Gigalo’ by David Lee Roth.

I’m just a gigolo and everywhere I go
People know the part I’m playing
Paid for every dance, selling each romance
Ooh, what they’re sayin’

The vampire started drumming his hands off the steering wheel, keeping time to the music.

There will come a day when youth will pass away
What will they say about me?

He looked in the mirror, his eyebrows arching in question as he smiled at his perfect reflection.

I’m just a gigolo and everywhere I go
People know the part, I’m playin’
Paid for every dance, sellin’ each romance
Ooh, what they’re sayin’
There will come a day and youth will pass away
What’ll they say about me?
When the end comes I know they’ll say just a gigolo
Life goes on without me, ’cause

He reached out and caressed the doll with this finger tip and he joined Roth in the song, his deep, rich voice melding into the tune exquisitely.

I ain’t got nobody, nobody cares for me
Nobody, nobody cares for me
I’m so sad and lonely
Sad and lonely, sad and lonely
Won’t some sweet mama
Come and take a chance with me
’Cause I ain’t so bad, you know baby it
So lonesome all of the time
Even on the beat, only only on the beat
Bozdee bozdee bop didy bop

He gazed again into the mirror, an ironic grin lacing his lips.

I ain’t got nobody
Nobody cares for me
Nobody nobody
Lonesome baby, lonesome all of the time
Even on the beat, Johnny, Johnny on the beat
Get low so, daddy, mama
Sonny said, he’s got nobody no, ooh no
Say now
Nobody, nobody
Nobody, nobody
Nobody, nobody
Nobody, nobody
Nobody, nobody
Nobody cares for me

When the song finished he grabbed the doll and stopped her dance.

A few hours later the vampire was in the underground liar he had prepared thirty miles outside Baltimore on wooded land he had bought two years prior. He had chosen that distance to be a safe in case the city sprawl grew out in the ensuing three hundred years. It was a simple bunker. Just a cot and change of clothes hermetically sealed in a bag and a large stash of money. He had no other needs now.

He sat on the cot, holding Staci-san in his hand. He looked at the detailed, beautiful doll and thought of his real Staci. He wondered what she was doing at this very moment. He wished he could be with her or her with him. He glanced at the bottle that held her preserved flesh that sat on a small table next to his cot. In a fashion she would be with him for this final sleep, waiting for him, for her resurrection. That thought comforted him. He had so much to look forward to now. A brand new life unlike anything he had led before: A life of endless possibilities and unlimited opportunities...and no more partings unless it was by his choice.

He looked back at the doll. When he spoke his voice was resigned and somewhat wistful.

“Ready Staci-san? It’s time....to march into the unknown….swan dive into the void one last time.”

She gazed back him, her intricately painted face inscrutable, mute and silent.

As he lay down, prepared for sleep he felt a thrill he had never experienced before for he knew this would be the last somnambulist prison he would ever have to accept. After all those centuries, it would be the final time.

He felt the familiar lazy lassitude overtake him as his body and mind slowly blinked into stasis. As he lay there, waiting for the time to pass he brought up his dreams. He dreamed of many of his past events, seeing them all as clearly as if they were happening all over again. He often returned to his adventures with Staci. They had been the best of times during his three years.

Yet for the first time ever something unusual happened. The little girl Sammi, the one of a kind human kept intruding into his visions. His mind, his dreams kept coming back to the night of Gatsby’s trick or treat, Sammi on his lap, while he played out his game with her and Brad, even though he did not wish to replay those events. And once again that strange, haunting presentiment occurred to him; the feeling that by killing her he had made a horrific mistake, the first of his long life.

He tried over and over to rid himself of this infuriating intrusion on his rest yet Sammi always returned like some kind of specter determined to people his dreams forever. He found his rest feeling distinctly uneasy and tortured and after a while, frustrated, he shut his mind down completely into darkness.

It was the only way he could escape her.

Baltimore Maryland: 2353

The vampires eyes opened instantly and he smiled. It was now his time to achieve all his long held designs. His body positively quivered and tingled with excitement. There was so many things he wanted to do. Two of which was to watch the movie Sammi had cherished so dearly, The Little Mermaid, and also to see what became of Staci and Wet Cunt. He would delve into both of these items as soon as he was acclimated to the new world he now occupied.

He rose quickly and raised his hand that had held the Staci doll for three hundred long years. She had been his first sleeping companion ever. He was surprised and a little saddened to see it was broken into pieces. In his fitful sleep he had crushed it.

“Bah!” he huffed as he threw it aside. What need of a simple doll did he have now when his true future waited?

He quickly changed clothes pocketing his money and Staci’s bottle of flesh and exited his lair, a driving impatience pushing him on as nothing before in his life to meet the destiny that he knew would be his.

The difference assaulted his senses immediately. The noxious poisonous fumes and pollutants of the last age were all gone. He took a deep breath, his first conscious one in three hundred years. It was like drinking the sweetest of blood. The air was so clean. He marveled at it. It had not been like this since his days with Tepes. Humans had cleaned up their mess during his long rest. The sky was a cerulean blue with a few puffy white clouds and the sun was glowing like a diamond in the sky.

In the far distance he could see the city of Baltimore.

The vampire traveled quickly through the woods making his way towards the great city. He had picked his lair on a hillside outside the city so he could have a vantage point to examine it before he ventured in.

What he saw brought joy to his heart.

Buildings rose like elongated fingers reaching to touch the sky, the very stars even, so much higher than earth’s old sky scrapers. They were shaped with gorgeous lines and curves not looking built but almost molded and poured into life. The vast majority of them were made of a mesmerizing reflective purple, black, red, black and white material. The shine and color contrast made it look like an emerald city: An emerald waiting to be plucked and stolen by him. The vampire grinned.

He could see craft flying about in the air, zipping around the high towers like massive mechanical birds, sometimes landing on the buildings as though alighting on trees. Strange transparent tubes filled the sky, connecting to each other, then to the sky towers, pulsing with a wide array of colors.

As he moved ever closer he finally saw them with his powerful vision: Humans! From here they were small, like ants moving about in their eternal hustle and bustle of life but his preternatural sight made out exactly what they were: His beautiful prey.

The vampire licked his lips.

He waited till dark to move in. He could feel his weakness, his mental powers drained from his long sleep and the daylight just exacerbated it. At least at night his physical prowess was still mighty.

It took two hours to make the city. His massive curiosity immediately started soaking up data his eyes revealed as his frighteningly quick mind’s assimilation process began. Cars no longer existed. Instead there were endless tubes both on the ground and built on air platforms that carried humanity about. But it was the humans themselves that interested him the most. They were still the same. Some walked alone, others in packs. And of course lovers still roamed the streets, holding hands, laughing, talking and enjoying a night out on the city. The attractions also remained the same: restaurants and bars, stores of all kinds selling all the items humanity needed or just craved. Only now the city was lit up with massive three dimensional ads hawking endless products, services and wares to the citizens of Baltimore.

He immediately noticed one big difference in the teeming cattle all around him and this excited him greatly. It was the shape of the new humans. None of them were fat or out of shape or ugly. None were too short or too tall. They all looked perfect. And none of them were too old. The ages of those he observed ranged from teenage to mid forties. Not one person seemed older than that. Their bodies were sleek and muscular, all radiating perfect health. Every single one of them was beautiful. This physical perfection whirling around him whetted the vampire’s appetite. He could feel the glorious blood-lust start to build in his mind and body.

But there was something else at play here that made his heart soar like the mechanical machines flying silently so far overhead. This physical perfection was the obvious product of genetic engineering! Humanity had finally perfected the magic key to the lock, just as he knew it would. And in doing so they would now use it to end his years of sleep and enable him to become their sovereign, their ruler, their absolute master. And he would rule, oh yes he would rule them with all the power of his brilliant, superior mind shaping their lives and events to his whims and purposes; in all ways to his benefit. He would rule them and they would not even know it. It would be the ultimate shadow reign, impossible to defend against or stop. Humans had finally caught up with his needs. The wait had seemed interminable but now that is was over it had been worth every second of it.

First he needed to learn this world, all its technologies, nuances, its levers of power. Like in every age he had existed in this was paramount but now even more so. In order to do this he needed a victim. With a victim he had access to a mind and a house and in that house access to the information systems that would provide the education he needed. He needed to learn this world so he could conquer it from within once the human doctors had finally exorcised the cursed sleep that held him check for all his years.

He was not at full physical strength but more than enough to easily incapacitate any victim he chose. It was just that one simple step to recovering his psychic powers, his most formidable and invincible weapon. Once he recovered that and he learned this world he would make his move on John’s Hopkins and National Institute of Health. And once they were enthralled, had learned to kneel before him and serve their new master, after they had used their genetic understanding to rid him of his sleep it was game over for all of humanity. It would then be a never ending age of being ruled by the dominant species.

The vampire felt himself quiver at the idea of it all. He was so close now. It was all there for him to take. A whole world! It was going to happen. The idea his beautiful, keen intelligence had begun to formulate hundreds of years ago was coming true just as he had foreseen. He knew it as he knew the sun would rise in the morning. He couldn’t help but laugh at it all.

And there she was, his gateway to it all! A lovely young girl with silky raven hair and a perfect build. She looked to be in her early twenties, in her ripe prime. Oh so perfect! She had gotten out of one of the travel tubes and had turned down a side alley carrying several bags. She was heading to her home, soon to be his home.

He followed at a discreet distance, just another pedestrian out for an innocent stroll. He saw his sharp suit was antiquated from the human’s sleek, shiny clothes of a material he had never seen before but that would change soon enough.

He stopped at the intersection of the street and alley and watched her walk. He laughed again. Soon he would take over and destroy the girl’s life as he to so many other innocent, unaware women over the ages. His predatory nature was now fully engaged and he thrilled at the sensation. He could almost taste the sweet blood of this extraordinary beauty in his mouth and feel her will being replaced by his. It had been so damn long since he had experienced that exquisite ecstasy. He could feel himself grow hot at the thought, his cock stirred in his pants. He reached out with his weak tendrils, trying to make the girl stop but he could not make a connection. He was too weak. No matter, she was still as helpless to him as a lamb to the wolf.

The woman stopped at a small building and put her hand on a square plate. Immediately the door opened and she disappeared inside. He glanced down the alley again, it was deserted. He entered it like a malign shadow, a terrible, dark disease working its way through the vein of a body inexorably heading for a vital organ.

He slithered to the girl’s door in an instant, looking at it, blinking and studying it. How to enter? There was no knob or handle, just that metal plate. Had it read her fingerprints when she placed her hand on it? He put his hand on it as she had. To his surprise the door popped open as before.

His facile mind immediately knew what this signified. There was no more crime or criminal violence in America at least. No one was afraid; no one needed protection or hid behind locked doors. The terror of the brutal, the vicious, the violent and disposed had been conquered in some fashion.

But all that was about to change: This new breed of mankind was going to be introduced to terror and violence on a scale and in a way they could not even imagine. He was going to bring a particular brand of sweet old-time Wallachian terror to them now updated with modern technology. He was going to reintroduce humanity to a nice big juicy slice of their brutal, bloody, sordid past.

He would be a demanding, taking god, a god of old world terror, blood and sacrifice and the humans would love him for it. He would take the blood of his chosen few and the minds of all of them. He would make them love him for what he did to them. They would adore him as he used them up. Not one or dozens at a time as with his past thralls, but now by the thousands. He smiled again.

He entered the building into a lighted corridor. At the far end the lovely raven haired girl was just about to enter her apartment. She glanced down the hallway at him and flashed a warm, friendly smile. He gave her one right back, even warmer and friendlier than hers. The lie felt like an old trusted companion on his full, sensuous lips.

He strolled down the hall to her door, practically skipping on his way. He felt light as a cloud, happy as all get out.

He thought about putting his hand on her door plate to see if it would open but decided against it. No reason to be rude on this first day of the rest of his life.

He knocked gently. Momentarily she answered and again smiled.

“Hi,” she beamed. “Can I help you?” She was exquisite looking with very sharp, brown eyes.

He smiled back, the little boy lost. Why yes, you can, since you ask. I’m going to take everything you have, everything you are, everything you were going to be and devour it. I’m going to make you my quivering, devoted slave willing to sacrifice anything for me. I’m going to take over your home just as I will your mind and use both to learn about your world. Then I will take that over too. I will change and destroy everything you love. I will thank you by killing you and moving on to my destiny. But you will die happier than you ever have been.

He chuckled with self deprecation. “I believe you can. I’m a bit embarrassed. I really hate to bother you but I seem to be a bit lost. I’m new to the city and was taking a walk and got dizzy and now I…..just seem a little confused.” he trailed off with a bemused look on his face.

She gave him a warm smile. “Oh my, that’s horrible! Don’t stand out the hallway. Come in and site down. I’ll help you get this figured out.” I have no doubt about that, the vampire thought.

She held out her hand. “I’m Asterine.” He took it. It felt warm and dry and so nice. His first contact with human flesh in three hundred years. His body churned with pleasant anticipation of what was to shortly come.

“So pleased to meet you Asterine. You have no idea how much.” His eyes were so kind. He gave a little grin. “My name is Zaroff.”

He followed her in, shutting the door behind him. She led him into the living room. The amenities there were very similar to the last time he was awake: furniture, tables, rug on the floor. He saw no wall screen but assumed that the mode for viewing movies and other shows and accessing the internet or this era’s version of it had been greatly improved. The technology used had to be in the room but he could not detect it off hand. It would not be long before he knew it intimately. He sat on the couch.

“Do you want anything Zaroff? Food or something to drink? Do you feel all right?”

He shook his head. “No, I’m fine. I just need to get my bearings.”

She sat down on the couch close to him. Asterine looked concerned. “Maybe I should call for a medic?”

He held up his hands. “No, no. It’s all right. I just need to sit a bit. I’m starting to feel better already.”

He closed his eyes as though relaxing but in reality he was husbanding his concentration. He was willing his mental tendrils to begin the invasion and seduction of Asterine’s mind. But they were weak. He could feel how tenuous and disconnected they felt. He redoubled his efforts but could not enter her mind. He shook his head in defeat. He would have to use brute force. That was fine. He had done it so many times in the past.

Asterine had been watching him the whole time. “Zaroff, I’m going to call for help. You don’t look well. Let’s be safe here.”

He turned to her, his eyes opened slowly. There weren’t friendly anymore. They looked cold as an arctic storm turned black. He impaled her with them. If he couldn’t do it through seduction he would through sheer terror and strength.

But if his eyes were cold they held no measure to the ice in his voice. “No Asterine, you won’t be calling anyone. I don’t need help. I can help myself. It’s all very simple. You have what I need to make everything all better.”

Asterine blanched; the friendly helpful look that she had worn now replaced by confusion. “What do you mean?”

He was breathing hard now, sounding like a bull. Waves of malice poured off of his body. He gave her a cold, violent grin. He parted his lips and then his mouth and long slim fangs descended down, each dripping lines with his poison saliva, falling to the floor.

Asterine recoiled in shock and now fear etched her face. Zaroff wondered if this was the first time in her life she really felt that most atavistic human emotion? The emotion humans felt all the time in ages past, the emotion that nature gave them for survival. He felt strongly that it was so; too late now she felt it for the first time and the last. After this the only emotion she would feel would be sweet all encompassing obedience….and blinding desire.

His eyes, black and unfeeling, fired with that particular predator’s intensity that consumed them right before the attack were riveted on her slender, inviting neck. He gave a brief bark of a laugh.

“I mean this.”

Like a great cat that had been concealed in the bush just feet away from a unawares gazelle he pounced with lightening speed and massive concussive force. He knocked her breathless back on the arm of the couch before she could even blink in response.

He opened his mouth wide, wider than seemed possible and he snorted in animistic triumph. It would all be his now, first pretty Asterine then the whole gorgeous world!

She opened her mouth to scream but again she was way too late, always behind events: too innocent, too trusting the whole time. He experienced that familiar sensual feel of his fangs penetrating deep into the warm skin of her neck. This simple act was all he needed to replenish his powers, to be whole again.

It was all coming true, just has his brilliant mind had foreseen so long ago and nothing on earth could stop him now. He felt a huge victory grin spread across his face as he as he battened onto her with the vice like grip of a massive prehistoric leech.

The vampire laid silently his eyes closed. He had been like that, purposefully, for hours. Although there had been no noise in the room he knew he had a new visitor. His senses were that finally attuned and had never led him astray.

But now it was time to find out who had come to visit him.

He opened his eyes and sure enough he was correct. A young blonde woman in her mid twenties, stood near him, just a few feet away. She wore a simple, stylish white sundress cinched with a black belt. Her looks were a unique amalgamation. She was beautiful, her face carved to a sweet perfection. Cobalt blue eyes, so amazingly clear, a lovely jaw line, a small upturned nose, nice full lips, not too big, not too thin. Yet on that same face was stamped a look of extreme kindness permeating her eyes and very features, the likes of which he had never seen on an adult human. It was most unusual yet so very clear.

She smiled so gently as he gazed upon her unique face.

“I’m so very glad to meet you,” she said simply. Her voice was as gentle and kind as her face.

There was something about his young woman that struck a chord with him, an odd familiarity. Immediately his memory kicked into overdrive, images of his past life ripping through his mind. He visited all the people who had the misfortune to meet him like some internal Rolodex moving at light speed.

And then, improbably, incredibly, he landed on her. What he was seeing was quite impossible yet there it was, undeniable. He had been surprised a few times in his life but this was a shock at an unparalleled level.

He gave her a knowing grin. “I’m so very glad to meet you too...once again.”

“You recognize me?” she asked with her soft, clear voice. She was obviously impressed.

“Of course. You are grown now, much changed.” He shook his head slightly, “though not as old as you should be. But some things still the same in a fashion,”

“Your mind is truly amazing,” she said in wonder.

“How could I ever forget one such as you?” he replied, equally in wonder. “You were the most unusual person I ever met in my long life. You were so very special.”

“I was your Little Mermaid....and more.”

“You sure were. We were friends for the short time we spent together.”

She gave him a shy smile. “Yes,” she affirmed in a quiet voice. “We were.”

“How could I ever forget such a friend?” he iterated. He smiled back at her, ruefully, regretfully. “Especially when I killed you three hundred years ago.”

She nodded and reached out, softly placing her hand on his arm.

“It’s been a long time, hasn’t it, Billy Ray?” And now there was sadness in her voice.

“Yes Sammi. It certainly has. A very long time.”