The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Ed

An Exploration of Dreaming

by William Pratt

Chapter 8

“You didn’t put everything back to normal before you stormed off in your huff, did you?”

“I thought I did,” replied a surprised Ed, looking over at the tightly wrapped wet dream. Stormed off? Uh, kicked out maybe.

Melissa’s reply was to take her jacket off. With it out of the way, her pale cream tee-shirt made it brutally obvious that she wasn’t wearing a bra. It was also very obvious that she didn’t need one. That wasn’t to say her breasts were smaller because they most certainly weren’t, they just had much better, bordering on impossible, frontal projection and gravity resistance. If not for the lack of traces Ed would have sworn that a push-up bra was working overtime to present the soft looking orbs in the best possible light.

In her tight tee-shirt, Melissa was the mayor of Cleavage City. He couldn’t see the gap, not from the front anyway, but Ed knew it was there from the way the tee-shirt stretched tight over the firm globes. All she needed to do to turn street-legal into a strip show was to lean slightly forward.

On Melissa the shirt was a fantasy made life, but it really wasn’t anything out of the ordinary, neither was her skirt. The bulk of the impact came from Ed having never seen Melissa dressed like this before. Other, less impressive examples of femininity dressed like this all the time either casually or on a hot summer day. A second look at the skirt showed that it wasn’t some slutty plastic thing or a pleated cheerleader ensemble designed to play on one fantasy or another, it was just a normal skirt worn by a girl to really turn on a boyfriend—or anyone else remotely attracted to the female form.

With a hand on her waist and a saucy, leg emphasizing, tilt to her hip as she leaned slightly forward, Melissa in street clothes just didn’t look like Melissa anymore. In some ways, she looked better, but in others, worse. For example, she didn’t have that ‘I can do anything’ look in her eye anymore, for one thing. She looked at Ed with a less challenging, more promising, ‘I will do anything’ look.

It’s still sort of intimidating, actually, he thought, looking for something else to stare at. The Scanner fit the bill, so he tried to concentrate on that. Oh man. Please tell me I didn’t accidentally turn her into a bimbo.

Fingers walked across the back of his neck and Ed shifted on his seat. “Tanya’s not totally fixated on you anymore so I guess you fixed her up a little. She was still expressing an interest in trying out other guys, though.”

Ed’s eyes remained locked forward safely hidden behind their lids as he fought hard to keep stopping The Professor front-and-center in his mind. Unfortunately it wasn’t easy. “Melissa, come on! If I was going to leave her with a body like that, it just wouldn’t be fair to the guys she met.”

“Or you.” A pair of thick, erect nipples made circles on his back as she whispered into his ear. “You didn’t have to shrink her boobs, though.”

Unable to get his mind off getting Melissa on his lap and feeling her body moving arythmically as she moaned in ecstasy, Ed raised his hands in surrender and turned back around to Melissa’s “I knew you couldn’t resist for long,” smirk.

Locking their eyes, Ed said, “She does all that running. You know.”

“Oh, I do know.” Melissa licked her lips. “It was fantastic to watch. You’ve really screwed up my head, Eddie. I’ve got work to do. Really important work, but I just want to ….”

“Ed.”

“Whatever,” she said dismissively before her face opened up in a seductive smile. “Are you ogling me or just staring? You’ve got other things than work on your mind, too, don’t you?”

He ripped his eyes back up meet his partner’s hungry gaze. “I was wondering if that shirt was going to burst.”

Melissa smiled and ran a finger up the jutting curvature, around the front and circled a nipple a few times. It actually managed to stiffen further. It wouldn’t have been the only thing to stiffen, but Ed was long since erect.

“No. Unlike yesterday’s, this shirt’s built to show the things off like these, but not quite like this.” Melissa looked down at her hand openly playing with her breast and giggled—a very un-Melissa sound. Her hands stopped their playing and for a moment it looked like she was going to climb up into his lap.

“If I didn’t like feeling like this so much, I’d probably be pissed. Instead I’m staring and screwing—generally acting all guy—and loving every minute of it.” Looking Ed over, her eyes drifted down to his stool, weighing the dangers of falling off if the fucking got too intense. “Trying to get my mind off of you—I was seriously pissed last night, and I still am, sort-of—I went out for a while with my boyfriend and afterwards Tanya and I bushwhacked him. I tell you, He didn’t know what hit him. You left me so screwed up and I thought I’d work it off with Tanya and Kenny, but I loved it! I kept thinking that ….”

“D’you mind?” asked Ed as Melissa grabbed his knee and started spinning him around on the stool to lower it.

“Spoil sport,” she said as Ed grabbed the workbench to halt his rotation. “I can’t believe I’m telling you all this, but when you get a chance could you, you know …. Tanya and I well … she was a wildcat last night and I was wondering if you could … you know. Turn things back up again. But only two or three times normal, this time. Just enough to never want to stop, but still be able to.”

“Uh, yeah,” mumbled Ed. “I don’t think I have to.”

That snapped her back to reality and she stepped back. “Uhm. Anyway,” Melissa said, trying, and failing, to look like good old, business-like Melissa again, “the magnets are here, so you better get busy.”

“I’m not sure that’s such a good idea. Neither of us really ever looked at what that thing really does. What if it, I dunno, realigns the structure of people’s thinking?”

Melissa’s eyes narrowed, and she looked at him as though he was insane. “What?”

“Changes the way people think. Make them different.”

“All it does is take readings, Ed. It’s passive. Just a sensor array. You know that, you Mmmhmmmmm.” She closed her eyes for a moment as some imagined fun raced past. “You built it. I just had this great idea; lemme lock the door so we can try it out.”

“Melissa! Please listen to me!” demanded Ed. Never in his wildest imaginings had he ever considered wanting to talk Melissa out of screwing him. I mean, we talk all the time, but now it’s important. More important.

“I only built the Scanner,” he continued, “not the rest of the stuff. Besides, you know what it did to me when it blew up. Think about it! It reads people’s mental activity and allows The Professor’s visualization stuff to compensate. What if you used the data from the Scanner the panel to manipulate someone into an incredibly suggestive state and then told them to do things?”

“Ed, it doesn’t hypnotize people.” Looking at him hungrily, she began to move in close again. She put her hands on his thighs and stared right into his eyes, amazing Ed again because while her voice was talking rationally, her body was saying, “Stop thinking and bury that long, thick cock into my pussy, Ed.”

And Ed’s body was long-since ready to go along with Melissa’s silent command, but she kept on talking. “All it does is adjust for the perceptions and the changing state of the subject’s relaxation level.”

“I know, but I overheard The Professor talking to one of the deans, and he sounded like it could do more.”

“Like what?” she whispered, their lips almost made one. “Let him take over the world?”

“Maybe. Remember when Holly came here the other day?”

Pop! Melissa retreated. “Who?”

“The blonde girl. Subject one-one-nine. She didn’t know why she came; she just felt compelled to be here.”

“Oh yeah. I remember her, all right! But just because some dizzy blonde can’t remember something doesn’t mean The Professor’s brainwashed her, Ed.”

“She’s not dizzy. She’s pretty smart.”

Melissa smiled. “And totally fucking red hot, huh? Hmph. You’re not stuck on her, are you? Why not use that dream voodoo on her? She could use it; my boobs are much bigger than hers.”

“Because it’s dangerous,” said Ed, noting that mentioning Holly had cooled Melissa off. Gotta keep that in mind in case something stupid happens. It wouldn’t be all that stupid though, would it? I’ve only wanted it for the last five years.

“So? She’d be clawing her way into your pants in no time, and if she’s single, I wouldn’t blame her. I’d go for it if I were you. Ha! I’d go for it and I’m not you.” Her face went all dreamy and she licked her lips again. She was doing that way too often, Ed noted as she suddenly stopped pried her hand out from between her legs. “Another round of girl on girl on guy sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon. But later. We’ve got work to do. You’re holding up my PhD.”

Reluctantly, more because he didn’t want to fix the Scanner than Melissa retracting her unspoken offer, Ed got to work. But this time he worked on automatic while his brain tried to figure out how to sabotage the Scanner in such a way that The Professor wouldn’t notice. Maybe if he filtered the output to mess with The Professor’s colours so that they didn’t work right or something. He was approaching what looked seemed like a workable solution when an odd sound pulled his mind away.

Normally, Ed wouldn’t have been able to see her on the other side of the table and the behind the monitor and her workstation, but Melissa’s chair had turned somewhat sideways and she’d leaned the seat back almost to the tipping point. It was obvious from her face what Melissa was up to. She had that slack and happy look from yesterday when she’d been staring at Tanya. Her eyes were half closed with the lids twitching, and her tongue almost hung out of her mouth as she panted softly. The odd sound was a mix of the rhythmically squeaking chair and her breathy chant of, “Nnngh! Ed! Yes. Please. More. Give it to me!”

She didn’t sound like Melissa at all. Still deathly serious, but not about her research. Or maybe she was simply involved in a new research project: How much pleasure can Melissa Carter take before she comes screaming?

An interesting question well worth the effort answering. Wait … did she call my name? wondered Ed, goaded on by his stiffening dick. As much as he wanted to answer both questions, her research was distracting Ed from more important work: his own research on how to thwart The Professor and still keep his job. “Melissa! Please stop it. I can’t think straight when you’re doing that.”

She gasped and looked at him, her heavy lidded eyes opening a bit wider. Reluctantly she pulled her hand out from under her waistband. “Serves you right, so don’t blame me,” she said sheepishly. “I think you broke something yesterday. I just can’t think straight at all. Yesterday just felt too good. It was all I dreamed about last night.”

Her eyes slitted again, then she shivered and her whole face became undeniably sexy. “But you’re right. Back to work, but ….” The look in what little of her eyes burned and her moist, and frequently re-moistened, smile told a tale. “But I’m sooo tense.”

“God, what a horrible day,” she said, arching her back to stretch and make her boobs try to claw their way heaven-ward and out of her shirt. “I’m a wreck. So much work still to do and I’m a total disaster area. I know I’m going to regret this.” Ed could tell from her face that she was lying. An idiot could tell she was lying. He could also tell that she knew it, too, and didn’t give a shit anymore. “But can you really give me a massage like that one yesterday? I need it, bad.”

Then, with a last ditch effort of her will, she added, “But just the massage, OK? Just to take the edge off.”

Any other day, Ed would have been there before she got past “can you,” but today he had to stop and think about it. Unsure whether it was just because he wanted her quiet so he could think or because he’d wanted this ever since taking his first 100-level class with the busty redhead, He relented. After jotting down a few notes before his rough idea fragmented further, Ed zipped over and prayed that he could remember what he’d done the evening before.

From the way Melissa cooed and sunk into him within moments of his making contact with her shoulders, he assumed his prayers had been answered.

“OK,” said Melissa, her chair squeaking as her legs twisted against one another. “Okaaaay.”

Ed stood behind her listening to soft cries and breathless sighs while working away the little knots and generally soothing her body. Or most of her body, at any rate. Her squirming and slow but steady slide forward in her seat revealed thighs that needed serious relaxation. When her writhing let him, Ed snuck peeks down her tee-shirt at her breasts. Partly concealed by off-white cotton, they looked better than they had naked. Or maybe it was just the way the shirt made the nipples stand out so well. Never mind the thighs, if anything needed relief, it was those swollen peaks.

Ed checked himself to make sure he wasn’t drooling on her. Just in case, he had Melissa lean forward and began working on her back to keep his mind off the front. It didn’t help much.

“Wait a second, Eddie” she said, slithering out of her shirt and dropping it on the table. Without her shirt on, trying to concentrate on her back didn’t help at all. He still couldn’t see her breasts, but their being simply being available, but hidden, brought his blood to a boil.

“Ed,” he said, later than normal. You’ll have to forgive his tardiness just this once. He was busy. He slipped his hands beneath her arms and cautiously touched the sides of her swelling boobs.

“Eddie!” she giggled. “Stop that! I don’t want to have to kill you.”

Slipping reluctantly back into a safe zone, he sent his fingers dancing over the trigger point he’d found the day before and her back arched. Her head snapped back, but this time the effect wasn’t quite as extreme and Ed was ready for it. He kissed a tender spot on her neck, then whispered in her ear, “I’ll keep doing that until you get my name right.”

“I like Eddie. It soooooooohhhh … it suits you.”

His fingers walked, deliberately tickling her until he found something else she liked and played with that for a while.

“Eddieeeeeee.”

His hands slid up her back and over her shoulder blades as he wracked his brain, trying to remember the rhythm he’d found in the dream that drove her nuts.

He didn’t, exactly, but from the way Melissa responded—wriggling and squeaking his name, or Eddie anyway—he figured he was getting close.

“Ooooooooooo,” she cooed, moaned or simply breathed. Ed couldn’t tell, nor did he have the time to think about it because he found himself fighting to keep her from falling after Melissa jerked suddenly and her seat squeezed out from between them.

Ed leaned her over the table, pressing into her from behind. Peeking around at her to see her gasping face, he also got an eyeful of her breasts fighting back against her weight and the table’s surface. They lost, but the result shot up his optic nerves and seared his brain. He barely noticed the way her buttocks had surrounded his cock as her ass swayed back and forth.

After a quick breather, and with lightning flashing in her eyes as she looked over her shoulder at him, Melissa “OK. You win, Ed. After that, I need way more than just a massage. You definitely got something wrong—or unbelievably right—when you put me back to normal. That should have left me satisfied for a week.”

“Sorry. I’ll fix it tonight.”

“Oh no you don’t! I happen to be seriously enjoying nymphomania at the moment, thank you very much. You ever take one of your big titted dream bimbos from behind?”

“Uh ….”

“That’s all I need to know,” she said, twisting around to make some room before stopping to lean against the table, one handed. “I’ve never done it that way, either. Well, I have on a bed but not on a table. You know, with your dreaming we could try all sorts of things out. You could make it so I could eat myself out, or actually take that supercock you had the other day. I could have a dick of my own, absolutely massive tits, all sorts of stuff. We could do anything!”

Standing shakily, her legs spread apart and she flipped her skirt up to show off what she had on beneath the teasing skirt: Easily the wettest, sluttiest panties Ed had ever seen, and that was after years of searching the internet for just such things.

His eyes widened as Melissa pushed her ass out to give him a better view. Shockingly red and translucent and topped up with lace, only the littlest bit, the most important bit, actually concealed anything. The rest was emphasized as though the panties where a high-powered porno-telescope.

“Bought them for the special night, but today I just had to wear them and that meant I had to shave a bit extra. Tanya helped. You like?”

“Guh!” said Ed.

“Hee hee. Too bad she’s not here to appreciate her work. So, now that you’ve turned me into a complete slut, think you can keep up?”

That was a no brainer. The first night with Kimberley made sure of that! he thought before saying, “I’ll sure try. Can I make you scream with pleasure this time?”

He couldn’t see it, but her voice carried it to his ears and that was more than enough. Melissa smirked. “In your dreams.”

“In my dreams it’s easy. I want to do it for real.”

“Give it your best shot, Eddie—Ed,” she said, bending over and slooooowly easing the silky, soaked crimson gift of the gods down her legs. “If you can do for me half of what you did to Tanya yesterday, I’m all for it.”

Touching and teasing Melissa had worked Ed up to boiling. Her enthusiastic response to said teasing had him cranked up a few notches further. Melissa offering, insisting on, sex had Ed far past the ability to say no. Describing on the effect of the panties would take hours. Somehow or another, if Ed could keep from coming in his pants before they even got started, she was going to have the time of her life. He made the promise to himself on his honour as a gentleman.

His mind ran at a breakneck pace. The massage had been easy. He’d dreamed himself into giving Melissa the perfect massage and some, if not all, of it had stuck, but mind-blowing sex was another matter. Have to wing it. Use the stuff that had worked on Kimberly and Zofia, and mix in a lot of soft, massaging caresses.

“What are you waiting for?” asked Melissa, twisting around and mock-whipping him with her sopping panties. “Get those pants off! Christmas is coming!”

“Don’t need it. I just got all my presents for the rest of my life.”

“Cute, but if you aren’t going to get it out and into the action, you can at least … help out.” One hand placed against the table, her free one began to circle her clitoris. That’s when Ed noticed that Melissa had neat, pink-painted nails.

Despite her claims of impatience, the smile on her face said she really didn’t mind Ed standing and staring stupidly at her gorgeous body. In fact, it gave her the time and the clearness of thought to ask a question.

“Hey, is the door locked?”

That, of course, was the cue for the door to open. Letting out a surprised gasp, Melissa dropped to the floor, leaving a bewildered Ed to deal with The Professor.

“Ed. Excellent,” said The Professor. “The magnets are in.”

“I know, Professor,” said Ed, trying to keep his cool. It was hard enough talking to The Professor at the best of times, but knowing that he had been going out of his way to ruin Ed’s life for the past few years put something of a strain on the relationship. Having a naked Melissa Carter at his feet didn’t help either.

Melissa poked him in the leg.

“My shirt,” she hissed up to Ed. Ed shot a look down and she winked, grinning. The Professor had almost walked in on them making out and she thought it was funny. Ed didn’t. He knew what The Professor was really like. He knew The Professor would flip out if he knew that Melissa was pulling Ed’s zipper down, reaching into his pants, pulling out the aroused penis that should have remained contained within, and licking her way slowly up the shaft.

Ed’s hands dug into the tee-shirt before he realized something. If he grabbed the shirt off of the table, The Professor would see it for sure, and then he’d have questions. Ed was in no shape for questions, not with Melissa’s lips closing around the head of his cock, squishing it slightly and rubbing as she moved her head in a figure-eight. Certainly not when she gave a playful bite, and he had no hope in hell as she slid him deep into her mouth. He was pretty sure that The Professor couldn’t hear Melissa’s contribution to the humming lab equipment.

He didn’t have to worry; out of her mind with lust or not, Melissa wasn’t stupid. She’d earned her degrees fair and square—and should have had a doctorate in fellatio. If not for The Professor, Ed knew he would have come already.

But if the professor hadn’t interrupted, Ed would have been busy trying to make Melissa howl in ecstasy, not the other way around. Where the hell did she learn this stuff? Why couldn’t I have taken that class?

“And?” The Professor prompted.

“Yeah, uh.” Ed couldn’t think straight. Answering The Professor was barely within his capabilities. Answering The Professor intelligently was far beyond them. Melissa seemed to be taking her vengeance for the previous day’s antics and teases, and she seemed to be enjoying it as much, if not more than, Ed’s body was. He leaned on the table and shook his head. “Started already. Half done. Finish before I go home.”

“Good to hear,” The Professor replied, nodding. “You two can finish what you are doing and then Ed needs to get back to work, understood Miss? He has a deadline to meet.”

Melissa sucked in a breath and nearly choked on Ed’s dick. Ed almost passed out; only the table kept him standing.

The Professor guffawed and crossed the lab to his office. “And let Melissa know I want to talk with her if she comes in.” The office door closed and locked.

Melissa looked up at Ed. “He … doesn’t know?”

“He does. He probably thinks I’m using the Scanner to make my own sex slaves,” Ed whispered back.

“Ed, we covered that already. It’s impossible! Now relax. I wanna get you off and then we’ve both got to get back to work. You are so going to pay me back for this later! He’s not going to be here all night, and you’re not leaving until we’re done! Wonder if there’s a way we can fuck without him catching us.”

She licked up and across the tip, before sighing and savouring the precum. “What did you do to this thing? It tastes Amazing!”

As Melissa began to bob her head and brought her hands into action, Ed rushed out, “Just don’t let him use the Scanner on you.” After that he really couldn’t say much that made any sense for a while.

* * *

With Melissa sending sly looks, come-hither glances, and the occasional whispered promise of carnal delight, the day, so dimly begun, had begun to look up. So, of course, things started to go south again when the door cracked open and a blonde, glasses-wearing head peeked in to look around.

“Eddieeeee!” Holly squealed, spotting him. It should have been annoying, it was annoying, but she provided a much needed distraction. A cute, sweet, and sunny blue-eyed blonde was a nice distraction at the best of times. Even if she happened to be overly talkative. Unfortunately, her appearance set off the dead sexy redhead who was trying hard to not be a distraction.

“You still haven’t locked the door, have you?” asked Melissa, rolling her glassy eyes.

Holly caught the tone and snapped a glare at Melissa. Beaming back at Ed, she said, “Hi! You had to take off too fast the other night for me to get your number and you weren’t back here at the lab when I went to look and apologize. That or you were busy, but the place was locked up and all dark. I think you we both misunderstood each other.” She shot another quick glance at Melissa. “Anyway, want to grab a coffee later and talk? I won’t go on and on about nothing this time. I promise!”

“Excuse me,” shouted Melissa, vaulting over the table and scattering her papers. Her skirt flashed up revealing that she hadn’t put her panties back on. Then her feet hit the ground and the shock showed that she still wasn’t wearing a bra. “We’re busy here. Do you mind coming back later?”

“Oh shut up Melissa,” groaned Holly. “You didn’t want him when I asked yesterday morning.”

“Yesterday morning?” asked Ed.

“That was then. This is now, and now he’s got work to do. My PhD depends on it.”

“Your PhD? Come on! You think I can’t figure out why you’re really dressed like that? I may be just a poor undergrad, but I’m not stupid!”

“What’s wrong with it?” Melissa asked, leaning forward so that gravity made her breasts seem all the larger.

“Well, it’s got absolutely nothing to do with getting a doctorate—”

Click. The door cracked open and Holly choked off her reply as a pampered and well-prepared raven-haired head popped through. A weighty pair of breasts and Monica followed.

“Hello. Ed? Ruby and I’ve got this problem with the assignment and I was hoping—”

“Hoping you steal my boyfriend?” asked Zofia, her leggy body immaculate in slacks and a white sweater, as the stepped into the lab behind Monica.

Your boyfriend?” said three angry female voices.

Ed curled up and waited for death. Melissa burst out laughing.

“What is problem with you?” Zofia snapped at Melissa.

“Nothing. I’m just waiting for Tanya to show up and complete the set.”

“Tanya?” snapped Zofia, her head swinging towards Ed.

“Sophie,” said a new voice, his sister—thank God! This would have been a poor time for nearly anyone else to arrive. “Let’s go. If he’s busy, he’s busy.”

“Is not that he is busy,” Zofia said, her glare not lessening, “is how he is busy!”

“Uhm … excuse me?” Monica interrupted. “I’ll just go now. You are all, like, way too intense.”

“Wait!” shouted Ed, desperate for an out. “If you have a problem, it’s sort of my job—”

“No, I’ll try and—”

“Melissa,” shouted The Professor as the office door slammed against the stopper. “What on earth is … going … on …?”

Ed turned to see what caused The Professor to balk. His eyes tracked from the professor’s face to … Melissa’s shirt. Oh Fuck. He recognized it from the table.

Melissa seemed to realize it, too. She went red, and then, “Hey. This is first year physics, right? Maybe I can help you out.”

“Yes. You do that, Melissa,” The Professor said slowly. “Miss Vander Mullen, are you here to see me?”

“Uhm.” Holly looked at The Professor with a cute expression of confusion. “No. I came here to see Ed.”

The Professor’s eyes slitted. “Ed is working on a project for me at the moment, and he is behind schedule. Perhaps you can arrange for a different time? After he is caught up?”

Holly Vander Mullen frowned. Then she fished in her purse, pulled out a card and pen, and then scribbled on the card.

“You two I don’t know from Adam,” The Professor said, turning to face Zofia and Ed’s sister. “Or Eve. Regardless, Ed is mine until ten PM or he has the magnets replaced. The rest of the Scanner is just awaiting the magnets, isn’t it, Ed.”

It wasn’t a question. It was another of The Professor’s statements of fact disguised as a question.

“Yes,” lied Ed, absently taking Holly’s offered card. The Professor is the last person I’d tell about the pieces I’ve left out to garble the readings.

“Excellent. Ed will call you two lovely ladies when he is done here. Won’t he, Ed?”

“Yes,” lied Ed. Nope. First chance I get, I do some creative dreaming.

“Good. I wish to know about Tanya,” said Zofia. “We will be at your penthouse.”

“What penthouse?” asked Audrey.

Zofia just smiled and jingled a set of keys before stomping off as fast and violently as her high heels would allow.

“And that leaves us,” said The Professor. “Ed. Into my office. Let’s talk.”

When the door had closed, “First off, I do not want any hints of sexual harassment, or any of the like, disrupting the team. Whatever you and Melissa do on your spare time—please note that my approval level is guarded—is up to you; however, never in my lab and never on my time. Is that understood?”

“Yes,” squeaked Ed.

“Second. There is no—as in never—any personal interaction with the test subjects! You know the rules!

“Now, and this is important,” The Professor’s leaned in close, face to face and almost touching. “Has Miss Vander Mullen performed any acts of fellatio upon you?”

“Uhhh. What?” Ed blurted. “We went for coffee!”

“Ah. Things are not nearly so bad as I believed. Avoid her from now on.”

“If she’s a test subject and the candidates are anonymous, why do you know her name?”

“She’s in the control case set,” The Professor said blithely. “Of course I know who she is.”

Control case! Ed nearly burst out laughing

“Is something funny?”

“No,” squeaked Ed.

* * *

Surviving yet another encounter with the source of all that is evil, Ed finished assembling the magnet array, sans the secondary filtering controller of course, and then, after a hasty nod of assent from The Professor, he fled.

Right into Holly.

“That didn’t take long,” she said. “See? I told you that you were good at this stuff.”

“Professor doesn’t want me ruining the experiment by fraternizing with the test subjects.”

“Don’t worry about him. I’m not. I’m more worried about the harem you’re picking up. Who were the twins?”

“My sister and one of her friends.”

“Your sister? They aren’t even related?”

“Nope.”

“Weird. I trust I can count the sister out of the competition?”

Ed choked on air.

“Good. Sophie, though—”

“Zofia.”

Holly glared suspiciously. “Whatever. She seems to think you two are an item. She has keys to your place? I am poaching, aren’t I?”

“Yes,” said Pinky, dropping out of an air duct and silently to the floor with a knife in each hand. “Yes you are. Eddie’s my bitch!”

“You again?” asked Ed.

“What the hell is that?” blurted Holly.

“Your worst nightmare,” replied Pinky in her squeaky voice. Her stilettos twirled around her paws.

Holly laughed and, for a moment, Ed was certain that Pinky went red.

“You die first, blondie.” Pinky lunged and Holly hopped back. Ed got his physics text ready for more teddy bear ping-pong.

“Ah!” Holly looked at the reddened knife in horror. “You really …! Ed?”

Smack! Nine hundred pages of raw Newtonian wrath slapped onto the floor as Pinky danced away.

“Float like a butterfly,” the bear taunted. “Sting like a crazy mother fucker with a knife … and an even dozen of my best friends!”

A demented rainbow of brightly coloured bears dropped off the tops of the lockers lining the hallway. Bared teeth flashed for a moment before the rush of furious fur and claw.

With nowhere to run all hope seemed lost, and then blue lightning struck down in the middle of the advancing bears. Steel glinted as it described three clean arcs. A wet gurgle erupted and white foam spilled to the ground as an eviscerated teddy bear slumped over. A second screamed piercingly as it clutched the stump of one of its stubby little arms. The third made no sound as it fell over in two pieces.

Stormy, wearing an eye patch, stood carefully balanced with his knife at the ready. In his small paws, and almost as tall as he was, it looked like a great sword, but he moved it with unreal speed and precision.

“Go!” he yelled to Ed and Holly. “I will ’old zee traitors! Go now!”

Risking being hamstrung, Ed punted Pinky down the hall before grabbing for Holly and finding she’d already bolted for the stairs, leaving a trail of blood. Ed raced after her, but frankly he didn’t stand a chance of catching up until he started jumping three steps with every stride. Being taller had its advantages. Not having a leg sliced open helps a lot, too.

“Graaaahhhhhh!”

Ed looked up, praying that the echoing scream of rage was above them and not below. Below would really suck, We’d be surrounded!

Locked in an extremely unfriendly embrace, Pinky and Stormy plummeted down between flights of stairs past the humans. Bouncing off the rails most of the way to ground floor before spinning completely out of control, rolling down the last flight, and slamming into the wall seemed to have little effect on the stuffed combatants. The were still struggling, Pinky seemingly trying to choke the life out of Stormy, when Holly’s purse caught the evil little teddy in the back and sent her flying.

Ed scooped up Stormy and straight-armed the fire door leading outside.

Pinky got up, shook her head and raced to the door, reaching it before it closed completely. Putting all of her minuscule weight into the effort, she pushed the fire door open and peeked through.

“Ah, shit,” said Pinky, seeing Ed waiting for her.

“Hope you like intensive care, bear,” Ed said in his best Ahnold as he body slammed the door.

Trapped and hopefully severed, the pink psychotic’s head hung limp and a cute little red tongue lolled out as Stormy shook his head sadly. “Your friends are gone, neh?”

“Not gone far enough,” the pinned bear somehow managed to rasp. “All you’ve done is buy some time, traitor.”

“You speak of treachery? Count yourself fortunate that I lack the time to see you off properly. Adieu, my darling. I wish things could ’ave been different!” Stormy kissed Pinky on both cheeks, and then looking up, yelped, “Ed! Flee!”

Demonic fuzzy faces glared down through the third floor window then vanished.

“I can’t,” whimpered Holly, crumpled on the sidewalk trying to dam her leaking leg with her hands. “Where is everyone? Class just got out; the campus should be crawling with people!”

“Aversion,” explained Stormy. “You ’umans are easy to mis-direct. Magic only makes it easier.” Pulling a small sack from his bandoleer, Stormy tossed it to the girl. “Zis will stem zee flow—for now. Vite! Make ’aste!”

Glancing nervously at the door as Holly slathered a shimmering goop on her wound, Stormy stood a sort of guard. Ed kept Introductory Physics at the ready until the blonde started to ease herself up, then he held out a hand. His offer accepted he pulled her to her feet.

“It still hurts,” Holly said.

A dull thud hit the door as the rampaging teddies reached it.

“C’est le vie. Run!” barked Stormy and the blue bear bolted faster than it’s little legs should have been able to take it.

“How?” asked Ed, trying to support Holly and keep up with the tattered teddy. “You were … you looked dead!”

“Your mother does splendid stitching, and my people,” Stormy gestured back in the direction of the disabled Pinky, “we do not die easily.”

“What the hell’s going on?” asked Holly. “What were those? And don’t say Care Bears.”

“Your teacher, Ed, is a lunatic, Malala Tet, and some of my brothers and sisters, zey ’ave thrown zeir lot in with ’im and his backers. No longer content with warding zis world, zey again seek to rule it. Only to protect it, or so zey claim, but I will leave it to Jackie to explain.”

“Who’s Jackie?” asked Ed.

“What were those things?” Holly asked again.

“Follow!”

A short time later, off the well-lit paths and deep within the park, Stormy pointed ahead.

“Zere, between the oaks. Do you see zee discontinuity, Edward? Jump through!”

The region between two trees was brighter than it should have been. A rough rectangle floated in space, visible only because of the darkness around it. Ed skidded to a halt.

“What’s on the other side?”

“Answers. Zee girl stays ’ere.”

“Like hell I do, buddy, ” yelled Holly. “I want some answers, too! Like what’s the deal with the killer teddy bears? Who are you guys?”

“Through, Ed. Our time is fleeting!”

Ed stepped forward and experimentally touched the hole in the world with an extended toe. The next thing he knew, a force grabbed his foot, pulled him in, through, and tossed him into a wall.

“And zat is why you must jump through,” said Stormy, landing on Ed’s back. “Contact with zee earth while touching elsewhere, as you ’ave found, results in a violent transition. You can walk now, but watch your ’ead. We don’t build our retreats for beings of your ’ight.”

“What about Holly?”

“The girl will be fine. Safer zere zan ’ere. You must follow closely.”

* * *

An erotically charged incense wafted through the air. Distracting and ultimately annoying due to the burning arousal and lack of female attention, Ed worked at keeping his head clear for the first few minutes. Fortunately, before long there was so much to see that even a screaming erection couldn’t hold his attention. The streets were full of everything from teddy bears to what looked like Palaeolithic Cabbage Patch Kids. Above birds of every type flew against a lime green sky. They flew in lines, their traffic directed by uniformed owls.

“This is … amazing,” gasped Ed. Gasping was not so good an idea. He sucked in a lungful of the sweet air, and his cock began to throb madly as though a very skilled set of tongues and lips were keeping him just below orgasm.

“Glad you think so,” said a passing rocking horse. “We try so very hard.”

“And it ain’t easy!” added the turtle in the tuxedo riding the horse.

“Where’s the Cat in the Hat?” asked Ed, dazed enough to forget his body’s demands for a moment.

“Mikey?” asked the turtle’s carnation. “Got hit by a truck. I tells ya, the Grinch can’t drive worth shit. But he’ll be out of the hospital on Thursday, we think. I’ll let’im know you asked.”

Once the turtle and entourage had vanished into the crowd, Ed turned to Stormy and asked, “Was he serious?”

“Non. Zee Grinch is out of town on a diplomatique mission.”

A blood-curdling scream erupted from above. Ed spun and looked up to see a huge, white object hurtling down toward him. As it got closer, he could see that it was a giant egg with arms and a huge grin on it’s clown-like face. It slowed, jolted, and then shot back upwards. Then it hit a building ledge and exploded, sending yolk and whites everywhere.

“What the hell was that?” yelled Ed, dancing quickly backward to escape the torrent of slime.

“’Umpty Dumpty bungie jumping. One of zese days ’e will screw up, and zen nobody will be able to get ’im back togezer again.”

“He’ll survive that?”

“Etz likely; ’e’s a lucky bastard. Let’s move.”

“Where?” asked Ed, not knowing what to look at.

“Zere!” Stormy posed and pointed grandiosely.

Ahead loomed a large castle built of what had to be sliced celery with carrot towers. To Ed, it looked like Castle Greyskull as envisioned by Bugs Bunny, complete with a cabbage skull and little Mario-esque mushroom-ninja people for guards.

Stormy waved away the guards and led Ed up the draw bridge and inside. Compared to the organized insanity outside, being inside a vegetable fortress approached normality. At least it wasn’t crowded—until they reached the throne room.

All manner of odd critter was in representation, or so it seemed to Ed. Given enough time, and relief from the constant sexual pressure, odds are Ed could have come up with a few violations of common sense that weren’t present.

At the center, on a large billow surrounded by scantily clad, almost literal Playboy Bunnies, sat a crowned, smoking jacket wearing jackrabbit.

“Welcome to the Third Act, Edward,” it said. “We are the Wee Folk. I am Jackie.”