The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Emerald City Trilogy

Book 1: Corruption

Copyright © 1997, 1998 J.S.A.M.—All Rights Reserved

This story may be freely distributed and archived, so long as no charge is levied against the reader for access to it.

ADULT CONTENT WARNING: This story contains adult situations, coarse language and violence.

Chapter 24: Confronting the Changes

“You’re not listening to me, Tricia!” Mark raised his voice.

A few moments before, Tricia had opened her front door to have Mark barge in. She now stood glaring at him from beside the still opened door. Her hair was disheveled and she wore a light, pink lacy teddy. Her large breasts hung freely beneath it and her necklace dangled outside it.

She looked at him with pure irritation. “You don’t know what you’re talking about. I haven’t changed. I’m exactly the same as I’ve always been. It’s you who’s changed,” she pointed an accusing finger at him. “You’re just mad cause you can’t satisfy me anymore.” She glared at him.

Mark was taken aback, but forged on, hurt by her words. “There’s no need for that. Geez, Tricia.” He looked down at his feet and paced into the centre of the room, where he stopped. Rubbing at his chin in the silence for a second, he turned back to look at her.

Seeing he wasn’t going to leave immediately, she pushed the door shut in disgust. “Suit yourself,” she snapped and started walking back to bed.

“Wait,” he pleaded. She stopped, hands on hips, again glaring at him. She wasn’t going to stand for any of his crap. It didn’t matter if he used to be her boyfriend.

“You’re not yourself,” he sighed looking over to her. Wasn’t he going to give it up? she wondered. “You’re missing almost all your classes, you hardly ever follow through on paper assignments. And look at you!”

“Hey, what’s the matter with the way I look!” she retorted. She definitely wasn’t going to take insults from him.

“You’ve changed. The way you look, walk, talk and even act. You’re not the same person you were just a few weeks ago. Something’s wrong here. Way wrong.” She looked at him with an unwavering gaze, trying to disintegrate him with her eyes. “Look,” he started again, reaching into his wallet and pulling out a photo. He held it up for her to see. In it they both sat together, hugging each other, smiling at the camera in a mall’s instant photo booth. “That’s you!”

She looked at the photo, an odd expression forming on her face. Some thought surfaced at the back of her mind, but then vanished beneath its murky depths. “Yeah, so what, I’ve changed since then, that was a long time ago.”

“No, that was two months ago,” he emphasized the word “two”. She continued to stare at the picture, in which she looked so innocent and happy. Again a thought stirred at the back of her mind, but something lashed out of the darkness and killed it.

“So, you’re right. I dress a little differently now, so what? People change all the time.”

He looked up in the air exasperated, and then back. “Don’t say good-bye to me! I love you,” he almost cried, tears welling in his eyes.

She laughed. “Get over it, pal. Everyone loves me. Just look at this killer body. I’m perfect.”

He held the photo back up to her line of sight. And he pointed at her in the picture. “She loves me!” he cried again.

Another strange thought forced itself out of the prison at the back of her mind. Her eyes unfocused as she stared at the picture. A dark tendril of thought lashed out in her mind, but the new thought continued on unhindered, impervious to the attack.

She mumbled softly to herself, “I loved you.” She said it as if it was a revelation. Then a little stronger, “I do love you.” Confusion filled her eyes and her universe wavered. On her chest, her pendant heated up. She glanced down and its light exploded in a wave of warmth and purity. The truth, something she could trust. The light flowed over her features and the confusion faded to be replaced by blind obedience.

“What the fuck did that just do?” Mark demanded, reaching forward to grab at her pendant.

She stepped backward with rage in her eyes. Her mind clear of uncertainly. She reached out with a back hand and slapped Mark in the chest. He flew across the room colliding solidly with the opposite wall.

“Oh, god,” she gasped, a hand going to her mouth as she watched Mark crumple onto the floor. “What have I done?” She looked back down at her chest, and the beautiful gem sitting between her breasts.

As it started to strobe she reached down and crushed it in her hand. But the shattered gem was hardly empty, its tiny electronic insides fell to the ground with the pulverized emerald shell. “What?” She bent down and stirred the remains with her finger nail. Nothing made sense.

“Mark!” she screamed, remembering him and rushed over.

He was unconscious, but his breathing was irregular and belabored, striving for breath. She raced over to the phone and dialed 9-1-1. Explaining excitedly that her friend was badly hurt, but she was at a loss to fully answer the operator’s questions. She hung up the phone and turned back to Mark on the ground.

She walked over, and bending down kissed him lightly on the lips. Blood trickled from his nose and mouth. “Yes, I do love you, Mark,” she smiled sadly. “I do.”

[End Chapter 24]