The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

An Executive Replaced

Epilogue — “New shores”

Cira Marks, dressed in “Civvicloth”, as armed forces members called all non-uniform non-combat clothing, heaved the last box over into the Aquafloat. It was a normal shuttle. Her complete belongings were stashed in those crates. Weapons, gear, ammunition, some pieces of furniture, data drives and some memorabilia. Things she had brought back from the wars. Gifts from comrades, pieces she had found, things that had grabbed her attention. There was just one piece that was missing in those crates. She carried it with her, slowly turning it within her pockets: A paperclip. It was a parting gift of the woman she had loved—in a way.

Within hours, she would have left the city, heading to a free trade port. From there to the open sea, getting picked up whole with boat and cargo by a submarine. As she moved onboard, Cira looked back at the high glass towers that were her working place for so long. She had sent her goodbyes to all the nice colleagues. Officially, she had been redeployed to the oceanic front. Actually, she had taken a job offer. The other side had determined that she was potentially useful. Lynn Kiura, the woman that now was Noe Gradd, had sent her on her way. She had been as openly direct like that one day, both of them had met in a NeuraBar. Cira liked that. Openly, Lynn had explained to her that she had been given the order to either recruit her or to distract her until she could have her shot by the replacement bodyguard. Whatever she saw fit. When they were next to each other, exhausted, covered in sweat and soft sheets, both had looked into the other’s eyes. There was a deep understanding. Lynn had promised that they would meet again as they parted. She had said that Cira was now a free woman.

She’d get to be security advisor to the Internals. The most inner circle of a distant corporation. They needed her expertise. And they would provide whatever she desired. Immortality? Power? Wealth? A true companion? All would be hers for the taking. She just had to ask. As Cira Marks gazed at the rays announcing sunrise over the river, she thought back to Noe. Yes, that woman had used her. Abused her. As a tool. But she did not wish her any harm. She chose to see it in another way. As the wind blew through her hair, Cira decided that a good thing had happened. Noe Gradd had become a passionate woman that cared for her mission and for those she held dear. A woman that actually had such people. A woman Cira always had seen in her. There was nothing bad about that.

There was just a dead, empty body in a weapons/ammunition crate stashed at the back of the boat. Not the first one the muscular traveler had left behind in her life. As the flickering rays of the sun sparkled in the calm waves, the former bodyguard smiled. Maybe, on the other end of that ocean, there was someone or something waiting that was actually worthy of her choice. Because now, she herself was free to choose.