The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

“Exodus”

DISCLAIMER

This story is copyright © 2006 Danny Lilithborne, and may only be reproduced at the Erotic Mind Control Stories Archive (http://www.mcstories.com). Any other reproduction is a violation of the legal rights of the author and is subject to prosecution.

* * *

>click<

Soft music permeated Kelera Randis’ quarters, and she sighed, blissed out. The instruments were real woodwinds and strings. This natural type of music was expensive to produce—both the instruments and the proper environmental space was hard to come by. But the results were well worth the price.

Kelera closed her eyes and let the music paint a world for her. The strings suggested an orange dusk, and the flutes brought out pictures of birds flying overhead. The piano recalled stars shining overhead—a sight Kelera had yet to actually behold—and the buzz of the intercom made her remember...

‘Intercom? Oh great.’

She was snapped out of her reverie by the intercom’s blare. Kelera sighed and tapped a button to shut off the music, then clicked another button to receive the transmission.

The face of Capt. Terr Stromwell filled her television screen.

“Kelera! It’s good to see you’re home.”

“I’m on my ship, Captain Stromwell. You can hardly call this ‘home’.” She sighed.

“I know you miss home, Ms. Randis,” Stromwell offered sympathetically. “We all want to be home.”

“Yeah, we do,” Kelera replied. “But instead I get to be in command of this flying tin can for the rest of my life. Anyway, you didn’t call just to say hi, so I’m assuming this is about a job.”

“Yep, I’m afraid so. The Alliance has sent me to look out for you specifically. An Alliance landing crew has finally been established on the planet Viola.”

Kelera raised an eyebrow. “Viola? But I thought the last three crews they sent went MIA.”

“Well, apparently, one’s finally gotten through,” Stromwell replied. “We were able to communicate with them for thirty-six hours... before we lost contact. Your job is to land where they landed, and look for the crew.”

“What?!” Kelera said. “You called me to offer me a rescue mission on a planet where no man has gone before? You’ve lost it, Stromwell. Find someone else to do the Alliance’s dirty work.”

“There’s a hefty pay involved in this, Randis. Don’t forget.”

Kelera turned away. “No amount of money is going to get me to land in that Bermuda triangle.”

“I’m talking tickets home, Kelera,” Stromwell said. “For you and your crew.”

Kelera turned around slowly.

“Are you serious?”

“Have I lied to you before?”

Kelera sighed and curled against herself in her chair. “I can’t say you have.” She considered her options. The job was a heavy one, but if she did it, she’d finally be able to go home. No more criminal rehab service for her or her crew. And if Kelera refused, it could be months, even an entire year before the Alliance had another job for them. By then, they’d be out of fuel and food, and likely dead in space.

“Send me mission stats,” Kelera said with as much attitude as she could muster. “And I’ll think about it.”

“You’re the best, starling. I know you can do it.”

“Don’t call me that. Besides, I really have no other option.” She grimaced, then mustered up a smile. “I’ll talk to you soon, I suppose.”

“Very soon,” he replied. “Captain Stromwell of Godspeed, over and out.”

>click< He was gone.

Kelera got up, and opened her wardrobe to retrive her uniform. ‘Looks like we’ll need to fix up ol’ Magdalene again,’ she said to herself.

* * *

“Kelera Randis, code 340082, of the S.S.E.A. Mary Magdalene.”

The computer chimed. ‘Voice analysis confirmed, Captain Randis. Stand by to receive mission data.’

“How can they send us on this suicide mission?!” screeched the raspy voice of Lt. Cmdr. Aran. “Planet Viola! Everyone knows that place is a death trap. No one even knows what they look like!”

“It’s not necessarily suicide, Justine. They already had a landing crew on the planet without the ship vanishing,” Randis replied. “If the Alliance guys can do it, then we can too. Besides, it’s either this or die in this floating tin can.”

“I still don’t get it,” Comm. Varkes said, turning away from her terminal. “Why don’t they just send some Alliance troops down there to get them? You know, people with military experience?”

“Because we’re expendable,” Randis smirked. “You should know that by now. Besides, I have it on good authority from Capt. Stromwell that if we get off the planet alive, we get tickets home. That means all of us.”

“Home? Really?” Aran said, wide-eyed.

“How can you trust him?” Ensign Jeice said as she repaired a circuit wire. “He’s the one who got you in prison in the first place.”

“Stromwell’s the only friend we have,” Randis said, stretching her arms behind her back. “I got myself imprisoned because I was an idiot. Stromwell is trustworthy.”

“Maybe he is,” Comm. Varkes said. “But we all know that the Alliance wants to get their hands on Viola. It’s full of natural resources and could house humans for centuries. And who better to blaze the trail than this ship of misfits? We’re pawns for the Alliance, that’s all.”

“Look, Deena, I don’t care about my position in life,” Randis grunted. “It doesn’t matter to me if I’m a pawn... I just want to go home one more time, or die trying. I’m not going to pass up the chance. Are any of you? Can any of you honestly tell me that dying up here is a better option than taking this risk?”

Her three shipmates looked at each other, and sighed in resignation. “You’re the Captain,” Varkes said.

“Okay, then. Aran, put me in touch with Stromwell.”

After a few button punches, Stromwell’s voice could be heard on the small bridge of the ship.

“Stromwell here.”

“This is Randis. My crew accepts the mission. We’ll be close enough to begin landing in about two hours.”

“Excellent, Ms. Randis. Thank you and your crew for helping the Alliance, and helping yourselves.”

“Sure. We’ll contact you when we can. Randis over and out.” She turned off the communicator and turned to Varkes. “Take the Magdalene on a landing course to the planet Viola.”

* * *

Stromwell flicked the switch off of his telecom and turned away, crossing his shoulders.

“Well done, Captain,” spoke the high commanding voice of Vice Admiral Tasha Roosevelt.

“Vice Admiral, supposing they do land on Viola. Don’t you think she’ll find out eventually that there is no landing crew?”

“It is of no circumstance if she does. If she lands, we’ll be able to gather the data we need from the nanite transmissions.”

“And if the crew disappears, like all the other ones we’ve sent in the past?”

“Then we’ll finally see who’s responsible for the disappearances,” Roosevelt says. “I refuse to deal with ghost stories—especially on a planet that is so perfectly suited for human habitation.”

Terr Stromwell shook his head. “I’ve still got a bad feeling about this.”

“Don’t be cliched, Captain,” Roosevelt said. “Just monitor the nanite transmissions and report to me when you see something of interest. Remember, the survival of the human race may depend on this.”

As she walked away, Stromwell rolled his eyes. ‘Now who’s being cliched?’ he thought to himself. Then he bit his lip watching the screen.

‘Be okay, starling,’ he thought to himself. ‘I know you can do this.’

* * *

‘BOT. Report.’

‘A ship with Alliance markings is approaching the planet. It looks like another landing party, Sir.’

‘Let us hope the crew will help us. I feel that the time to act is drawing closer. We will need a lead to assist us.’

‘Yes, Sir. I will intercept the ship and begin the process on its crew right away.’

‘I trust you will. Thank you. EOT.’

* * *

Alliance File 5413-X2—Classification Yellow

PLANET: Viola

CURRENT LOCATION (agm): 54.32019-X, 63.12450-Y, 32.95861-Z

DISTANCE FROM TERRANOVA: 345.347 GM—1:43 Standard Speed 2

INDIGENOUS LIFE FORMS: Uncertain, because of lack of information. Scans indicate vegetation and scattered animal life forms, but no detailed observations have been made as of yet because of lack of human presence on the planet.

INFORMATION: This planet, dubbed Viola for the violet appearance of its waters, is rich in natural resources. Organic life readings are dramatically high indicating a planet which can easily sustain the entire human population, and initial scans lead scientists to believe the atmosphere is breathable for human life. However, attempts to settle this planet thus far have been disastrous. Three Alliance landing crews of about 60 volunteers each have disappeared with no contact upon entering Violan atmosphere. Speculations of intelligent life on Viola have little basis in facts, as planetary scans have consistently turned up no concentrated masses of life to indicate civilization; however, the similarity between Viola’s atmosphere and that of Earth in its prime have drawn both curiosity and fear. The Alliance has a high interest in settling this planet in the interests of the continued perpetuation of human civilization.

“Captain?” Ens. Jeice stood in the doorway. “May I... have a word?”

Randis turned away from the terminal screen and towards the young ensign. “We’re not a military ship, Jeice. You can have a word with me whenever you like,” she said. And when you do, don’t call me Captain. It just reminds me of how big a farce this is.”

“I’m sorry... Ms. Randis.”

“You can call me Kelera,” Randis said, relaxing in her chair. “It occurs to me that in the four years you’ve served with me here, Eloise, you’ve never spoken up much.”

“Yes, I know,” Jeice nodded, rubbing the back of her neck. “It’s just... I guess I’ve never had much to say.”

“So, what’s on your mind?”

“It’s the mission, Kelera. I have to say I’m frightened as hell, and I’m just praying that I can do a good job despite my fear.”

“So you’re afraid. I can understand that,” Kelera said, then turned back to the screen. “What have they got you in here for, Eloise?”

Jeice’s green eyes lowered. “Network fraud, ma’am. The Alliance caught me when I was seventeen. It was... a dumb prank.”

“Maybe so,” Randis said, leaning forward. “But it proved to the Alliance that you could beat their system. You were a risk to their brilliant way of doing things. So they put you to work in this flying food can with the rest of us, because to the Alliance, you are more dangerous than a murderer.”

“I don’t... understand what you’re getting at, ma’am...”

“You received an injection before you began your service with the Magdalene, Eloise. Am I right?”

“Yes,” Jeice said, finally stepping in the room. “I did. They told me it was immunization from diseases common in space.”

Kelera couldn’t help but laugh. “Hardly. That syringe was full of nanites.”

Eloise’s eyes widened. “Nanites?”

“Yes. They’re all attached to your system right now, Eloise. Transmitting information to the Alliance as we speak. And if someone were to tamper with those nanites... you’d be dead. On the spot.”

Jeice’s chestnut skin suddenly turned white. “How... how do you know this?”

“Because I have connections on the higher up, Jeice.”

“St...Stromwell? Isn’t he...?”

“Despite what you might have heard,” Randis interrupted, “Stromwell is a loyal friend to me. It’s only thanks to his help that we have survived this long in the Magdalene. But not even he has been able to supply us with the fuel and food we need to survive even another week here. What he has is a chance for us to get out, and that’s a chance I’m going to take, for all of us.”

Eloise still looked upset and confused, so Kelera went on.

“It’s connections that get you to survive in this age, Eloise, not smarts. I know you made a mistake four years ago, but I can help you either get your life back or die trying. It was forefeit to the Alliance anyway. All I need for you to do now is to trust me and do your job. You are a gifted technician and that’s how you came to be here. That is what this crew needs you for. This is an opportunity for you to go home. Do you understand me?”

Jeice nodded solemnly. “Yes, ma’am, I do. Thank you for speaking with...”

The voice of Lt. Cmdr. Aran interrupted them over the telecom. “We’re just about to enter the atmosphere now. I think maybe we need Jeice and the Captain up here!” At the same time, the ship began to shake.

“We better get going, Ensign.”

“Yes, Captain. But... by the way... what are you in here for?”

Randis just gave an ironic smile as she got to her feet. “For breaking a heart.” And without another word, they both headed to the bridge.

* * *

“Okay,” Randis said as Jeice and she took their seats. “Aran, have we breached the atmosphere yet?”

“Yes, Captain,” the lieutenant commander replied.

“Let me have the analysis.”

“Life readings are very high. It looks like there’s vegetation everywhere, and the atmosphere can actually accomodate human life. No need for atmospheric suits. However, mobile life form readings indicate no concentrations to indicate civilization.”

“Yes, that’s what the file said. Are we ready to have a visual?”

“In a moment, Randis,” Aran said, sounding slightly exasperated as she pressed buttons.

“Jeice, are you at your post yet?” Randis asked.

“Yes, ma’am... I mean, Captain.”

“Okay, let’s get ready to land this ship. Aran, can we have a window thrown up?”

“Okey dokey do,” Aran replied. “Here you go.”

The display whirred to life to show a beautiful world of lush trees. What looked like a bird flew by, and the sky was a brilliant light purple. There was a sun, and it shone brightly in the sky.

“Wow,” gasped Randis. “It looks almost like...”

“...Earth,” Varkes said, mouth agape.

Suddenly, there was a loud rumbling in the ship, and the display jarred. Jeice tapped on her control panel.

“What was that?” Randis asked.

Varkes slammed on the yoke. “There’s a tractor beam of some sort somewhere here! It’s pulling us towards the ground and I can’t control it!”

“I thought you said there was no civilization here!”

“I don’t know where it’s coming from, Randis,” Varkes said, pushing madly at buttons on the control panel. “But I can’t do anything to resist it!”

Jeice suddenly looked pale. “The ship’s systems are... failing at a rapid rate, Captain Randis...”

“WHAT?!”

“I’m picking up electromagnetic pulses emanating from whatever’s pulling us in,” Aran said, eyes wide. “It’s probably fucking with our equipment. It’s not powerful enough to affect our nanites, but... it’s getting stronger.”

“Ohh, shit,” Randis said. “Shit! There CAN’T be nothing we can do... Can we get ANYTHING up and running, Jeice?”

“Ms. Randis... w-weapons have failed.” Jeice was stammering. “The engine’s blowing out, the life support systems are struggling. Crap, comm just went out too. We..we’re pretty much a tin can in the air at this point.”

“Captain?” Aran said, voice shaky.

Randis eyed the grey-haired albeit young lieutenant commander.

“If the EM pulses keep rising at the rate they were when comm went out,” she whispered, “then we only have 20 seconds left.”

Randis sighed and looked around. Despite the severity of her situation, and how quickly it had come to pass, she started to smile. At least the end would come quickly... for everyone.

“Guess this is it. I never thought it would come this fast. Guys, I’m sorry it has to end this way. I really am.”

Aran shrugged while staring at her panel. “Better here than in space. We’ll be unconscious and then it’ll be over. I like that better than starving to death.”

Jeice nodded, although she didn’t look anywhere close to being ready to die. She just closed her eyes and whimpered.

“Brace for impact!” Varkes yelled.

There was a loud noise of metal striking ground and sparks flying everywhere. Then... all of a sudden...

Silence.

* * *

Soft music filled Randis’ ears. Natural music. The richness and fluidity of it was unlike any she had heard before.

“Uhhhhhh...”

Randis opened her eyes. She blinked. It looked like she was in a padded cell. She tried to rub her eyes, but found that her arms had been restrained, tied to shackles on either wall. She was forced into a kneeling position, her ankles bound to the floor.

She was naked.

The music continued playing, the volume swelling.

‘Maybe I’m in hell...’ Kelera thought. ‘But in hell, the music wouldn’t be this beautiful... would it?’

Pain shot up from her chest to her head, jarring her thoughts.

‘Wait a minute... I’m alive! But how... the nanites shutting down would have killed me?’

Kelera heard the sound of a door unlocking. Then she put two and two together. ‘I’ve been captured!’

The door to the cell opened, and Randis assumed she was going to be interrogated. They were probably going to torture her. She steeled herself up and went into resistance mode.

“I am number 340082. That is all I will tell you.”

She blinked. Then she finally noticed just who had walked into the cell.

The creature was humanoid! However, it was obviously not human. Its skin was a deep purple, and its shape was lithe but not gangly. The white hair, weaved into a short bob, and the size of its chest suggested a female. It was wearing clothes, too—a light blue short robe tied around the waist, revealing much of its legs, short black boots, and white gloves.

Kelera noticed the eyes. Yellow on black! Larger than a human’s. But there was something about the creature’s eyes Kelera could not put her finger on... the way they looked her over, there was a vibrance in them.

Kelera blinked again. ‘This must be a Violan. I guess I’m in real trouble now...’

She was dumbfounded when the creature spoke. In perfect English.

“They did not tell me you were hurt,” the Violan said. Her voice was fluid and warm. Much like the music. “I apologize.”

“You... speak English!” Kelera managed to gasp out.

“Yes, Kelera Randis. I do.” The creature smiled and began to tug one glove off of her hand.

“And you know my name... how...?”

“We are observant.” The glove came off. Its hand was slender like the rest of her; the fingers were long, with no nails. The Violan set to removing the other glove.

Kelera kept her eyes roaming the alien. If the Alliance was going to get a good transmission, they needed to see the whole creature. As much as she resented them right now, it was better for someone to have some kind of data on her captors than none at all.

“Kelera, that will not be necessary,” the Violan said. “Your leaders will receive no information.”

“What?” Kelera gasped. “How...?”

“The nanites in your body have been deactivated,” the Violan said simply. The other glove came off, and the creature walked towards Kelera, kneeling down beside her.

“How did you do that without killing me? And what about the rest of my crew?”

“No more questions.” Its voice was not commanding, but coaxing. “Now is the time to relax, and let me help you.”

Its hand began moving towards the wound on Kelera’s chest. She tried to pull away, but the bonds combined with the pain of the wound prevented her from doing much. She bit her lip and prepared for the effects of the Violan’s touch...

The fingers moved over the wound, but Kelera felt no pain. She noticed the Violan wince, though. Perhaps it was an empath of some kind.

Kelera glanced at its eyes and then suddenly froze inside. When she looked in its eyes, it became obvious that the Violans were not only intelligent creatures... they probably surpassed humans.

But then the Violan smiled softly and leaned in a bit closer. She whispered in a soft and clear voice...

“Do not be afraid, Kelera. We are not your enemies.”

Her hand slid over Kelera’s wound, in circles, and an unfamiliar sensation filled her there. It was strange, but pleasant... very pleasant. Was the Violan healing her?

“Do you like the music, Kelera?”

“I love it,” Kelera said without thinking. She had forgotten about the music, but now that the Violan mentioned it, Kelera could agree that it was beautiful. It sounded vaguely like the work of humans—the instruments seemed to be similar—but it was so rich and fluid it could never have been produced in a controlled environment.

“Then listen,” urged the Violan. “Listen to the music, and feel my touch. Let it work on you. Relax. We are not your enemies.”

Its touch... her touch... was arousing more pleasant feelings in Kelera. The music was so lush and beautiful that she couldn’t help herself. She suddenly felt vulnerable, but the Violan was calming her. She was not her enemy. These feelings were too good to be bad.

“You can close your eyes if you like,” the Violan encouraged. “It will help you to let go.”

Kelera’s eyes fluttered shut, and instantly she was immersed in the world the music had created for her. It was natural beauty, and it was everywhere around her. Running streams of water, tall trees with gaps in the leaves to let in the sun. Flowers all around. Kelera whimpered happily and slumped in her bonds.

“Very good, little one,” the Violan whispered. “Very good.”

Kelera briefly wondered why she was being called little one. But that thought seemed to vanish as she felt another hand slide on her body; this one caressed her hip. Both hands were now drawing circles on Kelera’s body, and it caused her to drift even more.

Kelera forgot that she was even wounded; the sensations were so pleasant that it was clouding her mind. And she wanted it to happen. It felt too good to relax. It was something she had needed to do for a long time.

The music and the touch quickly became Kelera’s entire world. There was nothing else that mattered. With each circle of the hand on her body, she drifted farther and farther away from herself. Kelera forgot that she was a captive of aliens. She forgot that she had a mission. She even forgot who she was. Kelera became lost in her beautiful world of sound and sensation...