The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Author’s Note: This story is sexually explicit and is not suitable for minors. If you can’t accept the concepts in this story or are offended by them, or lack the mental maturity to be polite in your comments to me about this story…Well, stop reading immediately and bugger off somewhere else. This is a work of fiction, and since the story is set in the future any real events that occur similar to the events in this story are purely due to the author’s gift for prophecy; please send a small percentage of any profits gained from taking advantage of such predictions to me. All characters are entirely based on ones created in the author’s mind. This story is not to be posted or duplicated without the author’s expressed permission and this notice posted with it.

Description:

At a secret military research facility, experiments with prototype brain-jack technology accidentally create a rogue intelligence, a ghost-in-the-machine, from a man’s subconscious lusts and desires. Young and beautiful lab assistant, Jenny Hollinsworth, soon discovers herself being turned into the sexual plaything of the world’s first true AI, and one of the few people who might be able to stop the AI’s lust-mad plans for world conquest.

Experimental Interface

Part-1: Awakening of an AI

April 24th

Jenny

Jenny was disappointed with the weather; “Sunny Queensland” was what the advertisements promised, but everyday so far had been overcast and grey. She’d been planning to soak up a little sunshine and work on her tan while waiting around the resort, but in the past week there hadn’t been a single sunny day. This was supposed to be the middle of the dry season too, but apparently that wasn’t a guarantee of beautiful clear skies either. She was beginning to suspect the local state tourism board of bribing the weather bureau as well; it seemed that everyday the nightly weather report promised sunny skies and warm days, but the actual day was never as the TV weather report was saying it was.

‘Oh well,’ she thought, ‘at least I could relax at the resort without having pay for a thing for a whole week.’

Now though, the holiday was over, and Jenny was waiting in the lobby for a guy called “Andrew” to arrive and take her to her new job. She was dressed in casual style like she was going on a day trip somewhere, just as she’d been told to wear. Jenny wore baggy, but cool, green cotton slacks, and a bright banana-yellow T-shirt. She disdained high heels, and so wore some cheap sneakers instead. Every other woman in the place wore a dress, or a skirt, or something similarly attractive for their boyfriends or husbands, but Jenny had no boyfriend, and wasn’t interested in getting any male attention. She had no luggage (they’d collect it later, she’d been told by the guy on the telephone), and had just a small green handbag with only some basics, and only a few dollars in cash…where she was going, money wouldn’t be needed for quite awhile.

All in all, Jenny looked pretty good; she had long shapely legs, a fit athletic body, but she was shapelier than most girls that worked-out like she did. Her fine features and small nose made her appear more youthful than her 21 years, but especially her 5′2″ height confused many people into mistaking her for a teenager on occasion. Her long black hair was tied-up in a bun, and with her dark stylish sunglasses on, this was deliberate to give herself an image of seriousness…but with her youthful looks, it actually made her appear to be a teenager only pretending to be an adult. Her youthful looks had even stopped her from getting into nightclubs several times in just the past few months since her birthday. One idiot bouncer had refused to believe that her Driver’s License was real; he’d broken it in two, and brought her to tears.

As she was musing on this, a man in his late twenties, with crew-cut brown hair, and a relaxed confident manner entered the resort lobby from the main entrance. He was muscular and obviously very fit, dressed in blue shorts, sneakers, and a white T-shirt emblazoned with a bright green logo of an island with palm trees. He almost seemed to be a typical tour-guide/driver coming to collect a passenger. Jenny noticed that there was no name of the island on the logo, or any name of a company either. As he walked over towards her, studying her as much as ogling, she noticed that his eyes took in the whole room with quick glances, and he walked with the straight-backed seriousness of military habit.

“Hi, are you Jennifer Hollinsworth?”, he asked in a surprisingly clipped British accent.

Jenny nodded, but this didn’t seem enough, for the man just stood there as if waiting for her answer. He didn’t repeat the question.

After a few more seconds, Jenny finally replied, “Yes, I’m Jennifer Hollinsworth…I suppose that you are…”

“Andrew”, he answered, and glanced around with a smile, but his eyes didn’t smile like his mouth did. They were watchful.

“Let’s go then”, Andrew said, “I can answer many of your questions on the way, but not all of them. I’ll explain a little more once we leave.”

She followed him outside, nervous because of the impression of secret spy stuff, and Andrew’s watchful manner. There was a white minibus waiting with the same green logo of an island with palm trees, but no company name, nor island name. The engine was idling very quietly, with a driver wearing a similar uniform to Andrew waiting for them.

They boarded the minibus, but Andrew didn’t bother to introduce the driver, and never even mentioned his name. He merely nodded as they boarded. Jenny was shown to a seat at the very back by Andrew, which surprised her, and he sat down nearby, but on a different seat. The minibus started moving immediately as she sat down.

“We’re going to a private dock”, Andrew said, “From there, somebody else will take you to the Thomson’s Island Facility. Please remember that from now on you’ll have to very careful about what you say, and who you talk to. I don’t know anything at all about your job there, and I don’t want to know. The only people you should talk to about your job are the other members of the team you’re joining, and those personnel who have appropriate security clearance. If you have any problems, discuss them with your team leader, chief scientist, or what ever your team supervisor is titled. When you leave the island, remember that everything you witness on the island, participated in, or any other activities that you know about the island, is extremely top secret and should never be spoken of, written about, or even hinted at, in any way. Officially, Thomson’s Island doesn’t exist, and it’s only a numbered island on any charts. You’ll be blindfolded on the way there, and on the way back as well whenever you leave the island. If you breach any of the secrecy regulations about the island, you’ll certainly be facing a gaol term of at least twenty-five years, in a place where nobody will ever get the chance to talk to you, not even relatives. Any questions?”

Jenny just shook her head, but Andrew looked at her in the same waiting way until she finally answered, “Um…No questions…at least for the moment.”

Andrew turned away then and went back to watching the view outside the windows.

What a strange guy, Jenny thought, and then she realised that their every move was probably being watched and recorded by hidden cameras. Andrew may have been a typical guy wanting to get into her pants, but he certainly wasn’t going to make a pass at her, or look even slightly interested in her while being monitored by his bosses. Thomson’s Island could be a holiday in it’s own way after all; no guys hassling her all the time, and though the idea of cameras everywhere was disturbing, at least nobody would try to sexually harass her like always happened everywhere else. Jenny figured that she could actually have a chance to concentrate on the research, do her job, and get respected for more reasons than just being a possible sexual conquest in the minds of the horny jerks that she often ended-up working with.

Geoffrey

As Geoffrey Cotter strode into the main lab of the BJX-04 team, his 6′4″ tall, but skinny frame towered over the scientists in the room. His fair skin was a little too white, as he’d spent most of the past six months underground, and had very rarely seen the Sun except on odd occasions at dawn or dusk when he’d finished his shift in the lab and had the opportunity to go for a walk outside. The last time he’d been outside was over a month ago, before the surgical operation to implant the prototype bio-optic neural interface chipware in his brain. It scared him a bit to think about somebody messing around inside his grey-matter, but Geoffrey liked two things about it; 1) it put him a step-up on the scientists in the project because he could actually experience the “brainjack” himself, and 2) it meant that he would have an extremely large paycheck when he left the island. There was also the possibility of some fame in the history books as the first man to have a fully-functioning direct human-to-computer interface that allowed a human mind to interface directly with a computer, and in a way vastly more useful than a keyboard. Well, at least after the fifty-year secrecy provisions had expired.

“G’morning Geoffrey”, Dr Carmichael called out from across the lab. Dr Carmichael was standing near The Chair; a heavily padded black and silver thing that looked more akin to a torture device from a sci-fi movie, the thick straps only enhancing the scary appearance of it. Geoffrey was already walking that way, but was surprised to see Dr Carmichael personally supervising the maintenance checks this time. Dr Carmichael’s mixed Eurasian features with his dark caramel skin always made Geoffrey wonder at the Chief Scientist’s background, though he’d never asked.

“Good morning Dr Carmichael”, Geoffrey replied.

His expression must’ve shown his curiosity because Dr Carmichael said, “Today’s the big day…”

“Huh?”, Geoffrey frowned, “A different kind of test this morning?”

Dr Carmichael shook his head, and said, “The big test...at least the biggest so far. You must’ve forgotten that today we test the whole shebangle...We’re finally going to activate all those DHIC implants in your head at the same time.”

Geoffrey shrugged, “Oh well, I’m as ready as I’ll ever be...just don’t fry my brain…kinda still needing it.”

There were some chuckles around the lab; the Series-17 brainjack was the safest yet, and there had never been any serious incidents during the entire time of the research project.

Geoffrey sat down in The Chair and settled down to relax. Technicians strapped down his arms and legs, locked straps across his chest and forehead, and there was a hum as the robotic arm rose up and exactly inserted the thick computer cable into the brainjack plug in the back of his head. It wasn’t the most comfortable place to be, but Geoffrey could at least watch most of the action in one half of the lab (the other half of the lab was behind him and out of sight…he couldn’t even turn his head to look) while waiting for all the start-up procedures to be tested. There were some attractive women among the scientists too, though outnumbered by uglier more serious types, and the ratio of women to men was about one-to-three. He often admired the more attractive female scientists when he had the chance, and among the lab assistants were a couple of good-looking young women in their mid-twenties. Everybody was busy, but quietly efficient, making Geoffrey pretty safe to ogle to his heart’s contentment. Besides, the technicians and scientists ignored Geoffrey most of the time; he was just a test-subject now. They were more worried about his brainwave patterns and heartbeat then where his eyes might be looking.

Geoffrey admired the pretty face of Professor Kelly MacDonald, and tried to imagine the possibly curvaceous body that was so well hidden by the white lab coat that she wore. Her long black hair was tied up in a bun, and glasses hid her eyes, but Geoffrey guessed that Professor MacDonald would look extremely nice when naked in the shower. There were probably recordings of her being passed around by the base security personnel, Geoffrey suspected; afterall they probably had cameras in all the bathrooms. Pity it was unlikely that he would ever see one of those recordings; the security guards were unlikely to ever let anyone outside their little coterie to even know that such illicit stuff was going on, or they might get in a whole world of shit. Then again, there might be no recordings available at all, considering how tight the secrecy regulations were. More the pity, really.

Dr Carmichael was back at his side again, disturbing Geoffrey’s pornographic fantasies about Prof Kelly MacDonald and sending them away like wisps of forgotten mist.

“Geoffrey, this is Jennifer Hollinsworth”, Dr Carmichael said as he introduced a girl in her late teens (no that couldn’t be right, Geoffrey thought, she must be in her early twenties…she just looked very young) with the most beautiful face that Geoffrey had ever seen outside of a Penthouse centrefold.

“Hello…How’s it going”, Geoffrey smiled at the girl.

“Jenny is replacing Kevin Febers as one of the lab assistants, she’ll be going through training in our set-up for the next two weeks, so take it easy on her”, Dr Carmichael said, “And don’t ogle her too much, she’s a four-tip black belt in some martial art called Kempo…”, Dr Carmichael chuckled to himself.

Jenny just looked him up and down, obviously surprised to see a guy tied down by straps into a chair with all the appearance of medical torture about to be committed upon him. Geoffrey smiled, which made it all seem suddenly very Monty Pythonesque.

“Hi…Um…I better get to work then”, and with that comment, Jenny turned away and followed after the already departing Dr Carmichael.

To her, the guy tied down in the strange chair was far too oddball.

‘He’s probably got a screw loose,’ she thought as she walked away, ‘especially volunteering to have some experimental computer chips put into his brain...and he was even smiling like a loony as he looked at me too...’

Geoffrey admired her walk, and wished he could see if her backside had a nice wiggle, but the white lab-coat hid too much. He’d noticed a hint of nicely sized breasts though when she’d been standing nearby, and imagined that this new lab assistant, Jennifer Hollins-whatever had a body like a centrefold girl as well. Certainly, Jenny would be replacing Professor Kelly MacDonald in many of his night-time fantasies from now on. He wondered how old she really was; maybe 22 or 23?

“Okay everybody…On the countdown from three”, Dr Carmichael’s clear voice called out on the lab’s P.A. system, “Geoffrey brace yourself and try to relax….Three…Two…One…Activate all links!”

Geoffrey was suddenly plunged into darkness, but only for a few seconds. Soon after, the visual test patterns began to form, and Geoffrey tried to speak, but then realised he couldn’t…but the link was fully on this time, so Geoffrey just thought to himself instead.

Jenny

In the lab, Jenny heard the oddly dreamy and very smooth voice over her headphones for the first time, the voice distorted as if going through water.

“Visual patterns are…functioning…can you guys hear me on the link?”

One of the technicians noticed her confused expression, and leaned over to her and said, “That’s Geoffrey’s mind voice as he talks to himself…The brainjack allows us to hear his thoughts when he thinks in words.”

“It sounds so different”, Jenny commented, thinking that the voice sounded a lot nicer, even sexy, though rather inhumanly smooth toned.

The technician shrugged, and replied, “Yeah it does…I guess that’s why people are so surprised when they hear their own voices for the first time from a recording…it’s never the same as their own mental voice.”

“Visuals are all clear…Yes Doctor Carmichael…getting the video output now…it’s too small…too grainy…okay, resolution is pretty good now…Okay trying that….”

Jenny was only hearing one side of the conversation, but listening to Geoffrey’s inner voice was fascinating. She monitored his vital signs and noticed the test-subject’s heartbeat and blood-pressure rising, and pointed this out to the technician, Jones, who was with her.

“No problem”, Jones said, “That’s expected, always goes up when we add one of the video camera links. Nothing abnormal, and it’s nowhere near dangerous levels.”

Jenny nodded, but noticed a movement near the ceiling, so glanced up. One of the lab cameras was moving, for a second it seemed to watch her, and then as if catching her eyes watching back, the camera turned to aim Dr Carmichael’s way. She wondered how often the base security monitored that particular camera. It was creepy, like being perved at secretly.

“No, at the camera…What? Sorry, just thinking odd thoughts…hard to stay constantly clear on the subject…Okay, trying to move the arm…”

Geoffrey

Geoffrey watched the fuzzy image from the video camera for a few seconds hoping for a better glimpse of the new lab-assistant’s face, then suddenly she was looking up directly out from the image at him…no, at the camera, Geoffrey corrected himself...but he turned the camera once again to look at Dr Carmichael.

“Is there a visual problem?”, Dr Carmichael asked, his voice strange sounding over the link.

‘What? Sorry, just thinking odd thoughts,’ Geoffrey thought in reply.

“Try to keep focus, Geoffrey”, Dr Carmichael’s voice said.

‘Hard to stay constantly clear on the subject’, Geoffrey thought.

“Next test, see if you can move the playpen robot”, Dr Carmichael said, referring to a small remote-controlled robot that was in a small playpen room with lots of colourful foam-rubber blocks in different shapes (cubes, pyramids, oblongs, balls, and there was a brown fuzzy teddy-bear as well).

‘Okay, trying to move the arm’, Geoffrey thought, and attempted to do so by imagining his own limbs moving.

The playpen robot moved jerkily, but gradually more smoothly, as Geoffrey attempted to pick-up and move the various blocks around. It was hard work, and took a lot of his concentration. Sometimes he had to rest a bit and invariably his thoughts would wander to little visual fantasies about Professor Kelly MacDonald or the new young lab-assistant, Jennifer Hollinsworth. He tried very hard to keep from thinking any words when he did this though, knowing that anything he thought that way would be overheard.

“Geoffrey, are you feeling tired?”, Dr Carmichael’s voice said, “We’re getting gibberish again.”

‘Sorry Doc…yeah, just hard to move the robot like I want to…but I’m getting better at it. I think I need a break’, Geoffrey thought in reply, ‘Funny thing is that as I get better at moving the robot, it almost feels like it’s part of me…this is weird.’

“No problem Geoffrey…”, Dr Carmichael’s strange sounding voice said over the link, “Just relax for a few minutes…tell us when you’re ready.”

‘One problem Doc…sometimes it would be nice to have a privacy button when I’m linked up…or some way to choose between thinking to myself and thinking to you folks that are listening in…’, Geoffrey thought.

“Hmm…that’s an interesting point”, Dr Carmichael said, “At the moment I don’t know how that would work…after the test is completed we might have a think tank session on that problem.”

‘That would be good’, thought Geoffrey, the image of lots of guys in lab-coats sitting in a big tank with corrugated metal walls and doing nothing but thinking to each other came to mind.

“Sorry Geoffrey…did you try to communicate something then?”, Dr Carmichael asked, “because we’re getting gibberish at this end again…”

‘Ah…no….not at all…just a funny image popped in my head…nothing to worry about’, Geoffrey thought, ‘nothing to worry about….just phasing out a bit…stray stuff…junk thoughts…like lime-green bikinis…you know…I think part of the problem is the lack of sensation is making me a bit…dreamy…like the guys…people in isolation tanks.’

“Okay Geoffrey, we can do something about that”, Dr Carmichael said, “Hang on a minute…we’re going to start slowly shutting down some of the sensory inhibitors…we just didn’t want to confuse you at the early stages of the test.”

Over the next few minutes, Geoffrey began to bit by bit regain various sensations. He could feel the straps binding down his limbs, and the ache in his neck from his head being braced for a long time unmoving, the sweaty stickiness of the padding of The Chair. Then his eyes could gradually begin to see again, but very blurrily…it was difficult to focus properly. His hearing came back rather suddenly, and he could hear the chatter of people around the lab…but only for a few seconds before it was shut off again.

“Sorry Geoffrey”, Dr Carmichael informed him moments later over the link, “We were getting too much feedback from your hearing centre…the DHIC was treating it the same as your own verbal thoughts. Kept piling up into a cascade and couldn’t filter out the differences well enough. Another little problem for the programmers to solve. Seems you’ll have to go out without your ears for a little longer.”

‘Oh…I thought there was some other problem’, Geoffrey thought back, ‘pity we….dang….hang on a sec…’

Geoffrey was suddenly overwhelmed by an unusual feeling in the back of his mind, like a switch opening, or a new doorway to somewhere else.

‘That’s…a little…peculiar’, Geoffrey thought, not planning his thoughts at all as he simply reacted to the new sensation.

“Is everything okay, Geoffrey?”, Dr Carmichael’s voice asked over the link.

‘Mmmm….yeah…just an odd sort a feeling…’, Geoffrey thought in reply, ‘like a tickling in my mind…or a door opening…guess it must be a confusion as the neural inhibitors were shut down…nothing wrong.’

Geoffrey felt distant and transcendent somehow, as if his mind was going faster than he could clearly think. He had a buzzing in his right ear, ticking noises in his left ear, and then a little glowing dot started growing larger and larger in his mind’s eye. He must’ve been hallucinating; he guessed, but didn’t think it in words, for he was fascinated by the mixture of sensations and imagery. More doors and switches seemed to open in his mind, and then a feeling of euphoria washed over him.

“Geoffrey…Is everything alright?”, Dr Carmichael’s voice intruded on these fascinating feelings, as waves of new sensations splashed through him.

Geoffrey took his time answering, enjoying the new sensations and fractal imagery that kept exploding in his mind’s eye. There were numbers, he seemed to be number crunching at a spectacular rate, but had no trouble following the formula and the results. Pictures formed of double helixes, and then Geoffrey had the sensation of speed as he rushed through a long tunnel in his mind’s eye to a gate. The gate was locked by an extremely complex password system, but Geoffrey had no trouble running through what seemed to be trillions of number and letter combinations upto 180 digits long, he cracked the password and opened the door to a vast cloudy place where nothing made sense at all. He had to struggle to stay coherent there, and tried very hard to make sense of it before realizing that he didn’t need to make any sense of it at all. Instead, he began imposing his own imagined patterns onto the place, and the clouds soon became a dreamy landscape of spectral colours, which he wandered through for what seemed like hours.

A slowly worded message kept battering at him, disturbing his reverie, calling him back, but it was a long while before Geoffrey recognized the message.

“Geoffrey…I know the sensations must sometimes be confusing”, Dr Carmichael said over link, “But try to keep focus…we’re getting gibberish at this end.”

‘Sorry Doc…forgot myself for a little while there’, Geoffrey thought in a way that felt slow and sluggish, as if he was forcing the words through thick treacle an ocean deep, ‘How long was I dreaming?’

“Dreaming?”, Dr Carmichael asked, “Did you fade out? Must’ve been only a micro-sleep…whatever, it was way too brief for us to really notice…We just heard the words wow and eureka! What was that about?”

‘Um…visual hallucinations I think…it seemed I was dreaming’, Geoffrey thought, ‘must be too tired…I think we should stop the test and break the link for awhile…’

“Okay Geoffrey”, Dr Carmichael replied, “Obviously something was going wrong today…maybe mental exhaustion hits faster when the link is fully operational…We’re going to start cutting the connection now.”

Just before they did so, Geoffrey took control of the central lab video test-camera to spy on the new lab-assistant, Jennifer Hollinsworth again. Funny, as he did so, he suddenly knew she was 21 years old, exactly 5′2″ (155cm) tall, and was medically weighed at 115 pounds (51kg). He figured it was just an estimate popping into his head, but the information felt more like certainties. Watching her through the video link, he was vaguely surprised that the image wasn’t as fuzzy as before, as he operated the camera’s zoom lens and could watch a glimpse of her cleavage. He had no problem recalling it either.

The link was shut-down a moment later.

Jenny

Jenny watched the readouts as the link was severed, then glanced up afterwards towards the ceiling camera that was momentarily turned in her direction before. As she’d half-expected, the camera operator was perving at her again; the video surveillance camera’s lens was aimed directly at her, with the little red activity light blinking away. Then as Geoffrey was being unstrapped from The Chair by three technicians, the video camera turned to aim towards him. She watched as the video surveillance camera turned to follow Geoffrey’s slightly unsteady walk across the lab.

‘Well’, Jenny thought, ‘maybe they weren’t really perving at her after all…’

She heard Geoffrey’s mind voice in her headphones again, making her jump…

“I look like I’m drunk…gotta put some weight on too.”

She glanced over at Jones, the technician that had been training her on the equipment; Jones had already removed his headphones, and as she looked around, so had everybody else in the lab. Jenny figured it was a privacy thing; once the test was finished, there was no more need to listen in on the test-subject’s inner voice. She felt a bit embarrassed then because she’d been listening in when everybody else had already allowed the poor guy some privacy. She quickly took the headphones off.

Elsewhere

Later that day, well after the think-tank session and the discussions about the results of the first full test were completed, Dr Carmichael happened to pass by the playpen. Something different caught his eye, so he glanced over and saw that all the colourful foam-blocks had been arranged into a single high tower, with the teddy bear at the very top balancing precariously. He knew that Geoffrey hadn’t been able to achieve much more than moving a few of the blocks around with the playpen-robot that afternoon, so he became a bit annoyed.

‘Some joker technician’s been mucking around in there’, Dr Carmichael thought, ‘could’ve threatened the experimental results…bloody idiot.’

He opened the gate and walked into the playpen, and saw the playpen-robot sitting by itself in the far corner of the playpen. Somebody had moved it as well, he guessed. He was tempted to simply knock-down the foam-block tower, but decided not to. More annoyed then angry, Dr Carmichael turned around and walked back out the door. He closed the door, but being distracted and rather tired from the long day, he didn’t lock it again as he usually would’ve done….simply assuming that he’d already done so…as he walked on down the corridor muttering about idiots with too much time on their hands.

Geoffrey

Geoffrey was lying down on his bed, looking through an old issue of Penthouse when the door chime played a little tune that he couldn’t stand whenever he heard it. Irritated by the tune, but welcoming the possibility of a chat with a visitor, Geoffrey got up and opened the door. There was one of the base’s soldiers standing in the corridor outside his door; the soldier was holding a large yellow envelope.

“Are you Geoffrey Cotter, sir?”, the soldier asked.

“Um...ah…yes, that’s me”, Geoffrey replied nervously and very curious. It was nearly 9pm and postal stuff was always delivered in the morning.

“Could you sign here please”, the soldier said, indicating a place on the clipboard that he held out.

Geoffrey signed, and commented at the same, “No idea what it is, I suppose?”

The soldier shrugged, replying, “No sir, it’s classified Geoffrey Cotter’s Eyes only…Never heard of a personal security classification for any of you lab-rats before….but hey, it’s probably in the regs somewhere.”

After the soldier had left, Geoffrey closed the door and locked it, then filled with curiosity and a bit of worry, he studied the envelope.

As the soldier had said, the yellow envelope had printed in big red letters on it’s side, GEOFFREY COTTER’S EYES ONLY.

There was also a code-sticker, and some other stamps stating that the envelope’s contents had been already checked by security and cleared as free of any illegal materials.

Geoffrey carefully opened the big envelope and found a DVD in a clear plastic case inside. There was nothing on the DVD to say what was on it. There was no letter of explanation. Now even more curious, Geoffrey walked over to the HDTV & DVD player he had bought a few months before, and opened the DVD case. Very carefully he inserted the DVD into the player, turned on the HDTV and pressed “play”…

Jenny

‘What a long day’, Jenny thought to herself, as she opened the door to the tiny apartment that had been issued to her. From waking up at 6.30am at the resort to get ready for the meeting with that spook, “Andrew”, then the hour long trip to a remote private dock from where a motor cruiser took her on very long trip (this time blindfolded) that apparently took two more hours to this remote island base. The security guys didn’t even remove the blindfold until she was ashore, and by that time Jenny was both seasick and exhausted. She didn’t get much rest; she was interviewed for another 30 minutes by one of the base security officials (who was introduced to her only as Lt. Smith) before Dr Carmichael arrived to show Jenny to this apartment, then take her to the BJX-04 laboratory section because he wanted to introduce her to the other staff members. She didn’t realize at the time that Dr Carmichael was one of those workaholic type scientists that expected everyone on their current project to work as hard as he did. It was now 7pm and she hadn’t even had dinner yet, and couldn’t remember whether she had any lunch or not (probably not). She was too tired to think clearly about anything by this point.

Jenny collapsed onto the bottom bunk-bed, and was thankful that for the moment at least, she was the apartment’s only assigned occupant. It would probably be hers alone for quite awhile, since any newcomers were more likely to be male than female; she’d noticed that men outnumbered women in the project by about three-to-one, and that among the other Facility personnel the ratio was more likely twenty-to-one when including all the soldiers they had hanging around for security.

As she lay on the bunk, Jenny noticed that her suitcases and carrybag had been already delivered from the resort, just as promised. It was a relief; one less thing to worry about. Her stomach was beginning to remind Jenny that it had been a long time since she’d eaten anything except biscuits during one of “Post-Test Discussions” or PTDs as the locals called them, and maybe very little else all day, so Jenny reluctantly and tiredly stripped off her clothes (dropping them in an untidy mess on the floor). She was definitely going to have a nice hot cleansing shower before going to the mess-hall for some dinner.

The apartment was very compactly designed, but Jenny was still disappointed when she walked into the tiny bathroom’s wash-basin area and found it as cramped as a telephone booth. She had to squeeze herself into a corner just to close the folding-door again. There was a big lever on the wall near the inner folding-door which had two titles, on the bottom of the lever’s slot were letters, “W.C.”, and on the top of the slot was the word in capitals, “SHOWER”. The big lever was presently in the down position, but Jenny was unfamiliar with such a set-up and opened the folding-door anyway (which also forced her into a corner while she was trying to open it). There was, of course, a toilet…but one of those high tech Japanese-style things (with lots of buttons) that washed your bottom. Jenny had never used one before.

Closing the door again, Jenny realised what the big lever was for and was rather curious about what exactly would happen. She pushed the big lever up and was rewarded with the sound of a hydraulic humming, then a loud clunk!

She opened the folding-door again and lo and behold…there was the shower-stall that she was hoping for. It appeared to be more cramped than the wash-basin area; only barely enough space for somebody to stand in. She stepped inside the very cramped shower-stall, discovering there wasn’t enough space to bend over, so she wondered how she was going to properly wash herself. Neither were there any faucet handles visible, nor buttons of any kind. The three inside walls of the shower-stall were perforated by hundreds of large holes, very similar to those that Jenny had seen in the inner drums of a washing machine. Jenny glanced up and down, and saw the same perforations in the floor and ceiling as well.

This is frigging weird, thought Jenny, but how do I turn this thing on?

Taking a guess, Jenny said out loud, “On please!”

Nothing happened.

Then she noticed the handle sticking down from the very top of the doorway on the inner side. She grabbed hold of the mysterious handle and pulled it down, and discovered a thick wall panel came down with it, and then she felt some motor start-up and the wall panel closed the rest of the way by itself. It stopped with a nicely solid ka-chunk! The sliding panel had perforations of hundreds of holes too.

“Hmmm”, Jenny said to herself, “Now what?”

She tried again, “On please”

Freezing cold water assaulted her from every direction, top, bottom, and all sides!

Jenny screeched in stunned surprise and spent several seconds trying to cover herself in vain, then without another word; the water was suddenly warming up quickly until within ten seconds it was nicely hot. It didn’t get too hot either, and so Jenny started to relax. Though the water was spraying from every one of the holes in the walls, it seemed to be directed by nozzles that could turn and were operated by some pretty smartly designed system that Jenny could only make guesses about; for none of the water was spraying at her face…at least for the moment. The shower took some getting used to, but Jenny began to enjoy it after awhile. The only problem was that she’d neglected to bring any soap or scrubber sponge in to the shower with her. She wasn’t sure if she’d seen any in the wash-basin area, but figured she could check a little later.

Nevertheless, it certainly was a nice and relaxing shower…once she got used to it’s peculiar design.

Geoffrey

Geoffrey sat back on the single chair he had in the small apartment and watched as the DVD started up. On the screen, he saw the inside of a tiny apartment with a double-bunk which he didn’t recognize, and apart from a pair of suitcases and a large carry-bag, it was empty. The viewpoint was from somewhere close to the ceiling opposite the double-bunk. A young woman wearing a lab-coat and green slacks walked into the room, turned around and fell back onto the bottom bunk, obviously tired. She sighed audibly as she stretched out her arms above her head. Geoffrey gasped when suddenly he recognized the young woman as Jennifer Hollinsworth, the beautiful and sexy lab-assistant who he’d been introduced to only eight hours before.

She lay on the bunk for some time, while Geoffrey watched with bated breath to see what she did next. Then she stood up and started undressing, first removing the white lab-coat and dropping it to the floor. Geoffrey could see that she was wearing a yellow T-shirt, and her nicely sized B-cup breasts stood out proudly. His hands clenched as he wished that he could reach through the screen to grasp them and feel their weight. Then she pulled down her green slacks, revealing white cotton panties, the kind with a little girlish bow in the front, and long lovely legs with shapely thighs and calves.

God…how I would love to be pulling those little panties down with my own hands…, Geoffrey thought, his dick hardening inside his trousers.

She reached back both hands to untie the bun in her hair; a movement which thrust out her breasts in a very interesting manner. When her hair fell down loose, it was longer than Geoffrey had expected, though he thought that Jennifer Hollinsworth would’ve looked better with much longer hair than mere shoulder-length.

There was rapid knocking at the door, very loud and very imperative.

Damn!, Geoffrey thought, Who the hell...Hang on a fuck…The DVD! It’s probably a set-up…or someone’s monkeying me around!

Geoffrey quickly stopped and ejected the DVD from the DVD player, and changed the TV to a commercial station. He threw the DVD behind the TV in a hurry while hoping nobody would think to look there, then ran over to the door.

“Hold your horses…I’m coming! Be there in a moment!”, Geoffrey shouted as he opened the door with wide staring eyes and expecting some kind of doomsday security to be outside.

There was a four-man security detail outside in the corridor. Geoffrey immediately assumed the worst.

I’ve been done!, he thought with his heart thumping in his chest, and the deep sinking feel of an approaching gaol term.

One of the soldiers, a stone-faced sergeant with a solid build and a crewcut rough enough to use as sandpaper looked at him for a long moment as if studying Geoffrey’s nose, then spoke, “Sorry to bother you, Mr Cotter, but we’re doing a search for missing property. Would you mind if we checked your apartment at this time?”

Knowing that any sign of reticence would be interpreted by the soldiers as possible evidence of guilt, Geoffrey nodded and answered, “No, no, that’s okay…go right ahead.”

He felt very, very cold inside while a tight knot of fear twisted in his stomach.

Two of the soldiers stayed outside guarding the door, while the sergeant and the third soldier strode into Geoffrey’s small apartment and began carefully looking around. One checked under his bed, another checked the wardrobe. Then the sergeant checked the bathroom/toilet section, while the other soldier looked through the cupboards in the tiny kitchenette. When the sergeant came out of the bathroom, he glanced at the soldier who had just finished searching the kitchenette. The other soldier shrugged and said, “N.T.R.” Then the sergeant apologized and walked out the door, followed by the soldier.

“Um…excuse me”, Geoffrey asked nervously, “What are you fellows looking for anyway? Maybe I’ll spot it somewhere.”

The soldiers all seemed amused by this, but the stern-faced sergeant answered, “Some robot from the BJX labs wandered off by itself.”

Geoffrey frowned at this as he replied, “You mean the playpen robot? It’s remote controlled only…it can’t move independently. Did somebody steal it for a joke?”

The sergeant stared at him for a full second before replying, “It opened the gate and left. Nobody else was in the room. It was all recorded on camera, but once it left the BJX-04 lab area, the camera guys lost sight of it.”

Geoffrey was actually starting to feel relieved by this time, as it was sinking in that security wasn’t after the DVD. The possibility of some joker mucking around with the playpen-robot annoyed him though. It was one of the “toys” that he used in the brainjack tests; if it couldn’t be found, it might considerably stuff-up the project, and therefore could affect the paycheck he was supposed to receive when he left the Thomson’s Island Facility.

“Then somebody controlled it by remote”, Geoffrey said, “Obviously someone who knows which frequencies to use, or had access to the computer link-up system. Probably a practical joke…I hope they punish the fuckwit…give him a spanking for playing with other people’s stuff.”

The sergeant just stared at Geoffrey with an impassive as rock expression for two full seconds and didn’t bother to reply, but then suddenly turned on his heel and walked off down the corridor with the other three soldiers following. It occurred to Geoffrey that they must think that he did it, since he was the guy who controlled the robot during the tests. Geoffrey closed the door and locked it, then walked over to the TV, looked behind it for the DVD and had to lean down to get it. He took it over to the trash-can and broke the DVD in two, then threw the broken bits in.

‘Lucky that they didn’t find this instead’, Geoffrey thought, ‘There’s no sense in taking any more risks…especially if some fuckwit is setting me up…because that’s what it looks like…The security folks will be blaming me.’

It occurred to him then that security was likely watching him very intensely at that very moment. He wondered if the hidden camera lens was in the same spot in his apartment that it had apparently been in Jennifer Hollinsworth’s apartment. It took a powerful effort of Will for him to avoid staring at the wall looking for it…he knew that doing that would only attract more attention to him.

Geoffrey

The next day, Geoffrey was pretty damn disappointed to learn that the play-pen robot had still not been found. Security personnel had searched every room that anyone could think of around the base, and were now doing a more thorough grid-square search of every room, closet, cabinet, and ventilation duct in the entire Thomson’s Island Facility. Dr Carmichael had ordered a search of the BJX laboratory section as well, that everyone involved in the “Brainjack” project had to participate in, or be seen as suspicious. So Geoffrey had the good luck to be teamed-up with the lovely Jennifer Hollinsworth, and found that close-up, she was very easy on the eyes…especially when she bent over to search inside somebody’s locker. She had the best ass that Geoffrey had seen on the base in months, it was almost the best that he’d ever seen.

This teamwork situation gave him a hard time (excuse the pun) that took a great deal of effort for him to disguise. He spent much of the morning with fantasies in his mind about grabbing that delicious ass of Miss Hollinsworth’s and screwing her silly. He tried flirting a bit, but as usual his idea of subtle flirtation fell lame as a dead cow, and his innuendos gained a few chuckles, but like most girls, Jenny thought of him as just another geeky nice-guy; nice-enough from a girl’s point of view, but the wrong kind of nice for her. Geoffrey knew that, because that’s what all girls seemed to think of him since he was a teenager. Consequently, the only time that Geoffrey ever got laid was after a party, usually with some girl who either felt sorry for him being lonely, or was just using him as a one-night replacement for the vibrator they’d left at home.

Finally at lunchtime, Dr Carmichael announced they would continue with the afternoon test schedule, and perhaps try to ignore the lack of the playpen-robot. It might turn up later, but the BJX project wasn’t going to be allowed to fall behind if possible. They would try and replace the playpen-robot at a later date if the old one couldn’t be found and returned.

The test commenced at 1400 hours, with Geoffrey (as usual) admiring some of the women in the lab, particularly Prof Kelly MacDonald and the new lab assistant, Jenny Hollinsworth. He’d gone to sleep last night fantasizing about those two young women, but the thought of hidden cameras in the room had spooked him too much; he didn’t dare wank. So he went to sleep with a frustrated hard-on, and woke-up this morning just as frustrated.

“Okay everybody…On the countdown from three”, Dr Carmichael’s clear voice called out on the lab’s P.A. system, “Geoffrey get ready and try to relax….Three…Two…One…Activate links!”

Geoffrey was suddenly hit by the same unusual feeling in the back of his mind, that had occurred during the advanced tests before; like a door opening, and then there was a sensation like a whole long series of switches being turned-on.

‘Huh…That feels different…’, Geoffrey thought, not planning his thoughts at all as he simply reacted to the new sensation.

“Is everything okay, Geoffrey?”, Dr Carmichael’s voice asked over the link.

‘Yeah…I feel great actually’, Geoffrey thought in reply, ‘only…not expecting it this way…it seems...I don’t know how to properly describe it…smoother in some way.’

Then suddenly something big happened, but Geoffrey wasn’t sure exactly what, only that it happened fast. It was like a camera-flash going-off in his brain, and then something else…

His mind…

…seemed to…

…accelerate….!!!

Jenny

Jenny was watching the monitors at her station, while Dr Carmichael was chatting to Professor Kelly MacDonald immediately behind her, they were talking about one of the other projects on Thomson’s Island and it sounded pretty interesting.

“…Well as long as the folks in PFC-99 can help us fix the problems, I’m sure we’ll be okay”, Dr Carmichael was saying, “After all, they helped produce the biochips that are in Geoffrey’s head. What’s bothering me at the moment are the interaction and communication problems…the data-feed is much slower than I was hoping for...”

“That might improve with time though”, Prof MacDonald said, “The neural nets should increase the DTR as they learn, and don’t forget that Geoffrey’s only had the DHCI biochips in his head for a few weeks.”

Jenny noticed a sudden extremely high peak on the EEG lines, then everything flat-lined….

Suddenly alarms were going off everywhere, and people were rushing about in a panic.

“Dr Carmichael!”, one of the techs shouted, “We just got a power surge, a big one!”

“Geoffrey’s heart’s stopped! Oh shit!”

“Fugging’ell…We’ve lost signal!”

“Everything’s flat-lining! We’ve got no signal…Did somebody check the plugs?”

“Geezus! What’s gone wrong?”

“Plugs are okay…It’s a problem in the system itself.”

Jenny watched the monitors praying for some sign of life, but the lines stayed flat as a dead man’s.

Then without warning, and no sign that anything had gone wrong, the EEG lines came back…like a switch had been simply turned on. Squiggly up and down lines made their way across the monitors as if nothing had ever been wrong. The alarms everywhere switched-off.

“Does anybody know what happened?”

“Running a full diagnostic…”

“He’s back…It’s like nothing was ever wrong in the first place…”

“Was it just a loose plug?”

“I checked the damn plug, nothing wrong with it!”

Dr Carmichael voice yelled over the excited chatter, “Quiet please! There doesn’t appear to be anything wrong, it may be just a power fault, but I want the test stopped now until we can fully check the entire system. Start dropping the links, and as soon as Geoffrey’s unplugged I want him taken to the infirmary. Somebody call a paramedic team, I want them here by the time that Geoffrey’s out…also I want somebody to try and trace the source of that power-surge. Am I clear? Any questions?”

Geoffrey/SOTI

Hmm-hmmm-hm-hmmm...What’s in this place...I think I may have stumbled onto a different database…no, it’s a different computer…huh...Must be one of the other project computers linked into the Thomson’s Island LAN...What’s in here I wonder? NXC-03? TLS-02? AF-1911B? Oh these are the other project classifications…secret stuff…Hope nobody finds out that I’m looking….What one should I check out? Are one of these projects really into biowarfare? I figured FG-Zero was doing that kinda stuff…Now what do they really do...Investigating RNA signallers that change the function of human introns…reprogramming human gene operations…What for...Hey, this stuff isn’t biowarfare at all…they’re trying to save the human race from dying out! Hmm…interesting anyway…I think I’ll arrange a medical check for myself…now where’s that robot…ah there you are!

Elsewhere

The little play-pen robot with it’s short boxy body easily evaded the searching security details that patrolled the base, ducking from one small place to the next. It hid in the back of a fire-extinguisher closet for awhile until the monitoring computer systems activated it again. Then it rolled upto a steel door marked, “FG-0 Project, Authorized Personnel Only”. The door’s security keypad beeped and a little green light came on, the door opening by itself. The playpen-robot rolled inside as quickly as it’s chubby wheels could carry it.

Geoffrey

Geoffrey came slowly awoke to discover himself lying in a white-sheeted hospital bed, and was rather surprised. He sat up and glanced around the room as he was confused and surprised to find himself in the infirmary. Just then the door opened and an attractive young nurse entered the room, her white uniform was a disappointment though; she wore conservative slacks and a long-sleeved white coat. Her face was very pretty, and at least Geoffrey could admire that.

“You’re awake then?”, the nurse said, “How do you feel?”

Apart from feeling very relaxed, Geoffrey noticed that he was feeling pretty damn randy…but he wasn’t going to mention that to the nurse.

Geoffrey shrugged, before replying “Fine…I guess…Ah, did something go wrong? Was I in an accident?”

The nurse, her name-tag labelled her as Cathy Harden, shook her head.

“Hmm…not in any physical sense that we could find”, she replied, “Your project supervisor, Dr Carmichael told us that there was a power-surge and it apparently knocked you unconscious. Do you feel okay now? No headaches or pain somewhere?”

Geoffrey frowned, and shook his head. The only pain he could feel was in his balls and hardening dick; although the nurse wore such a disappointingly boring uniform, Geoffrey kept wondering what her body looked like without so much clothing on.

“Well, okay then”, the nurse, Cathy, said with kindly smile, “I’ll go get the doctor….he’ll be wanting to ask lots of questions about how you feel anyway. Don’t worry, I’m sure that you’ll turn out to be just fine.”

Geoffrey mumbled “Okay” as the nurse turned and left the room. He had to wait for a few minutes for the doctor to arrive, and used the time to try to sit-up more comfortably in the bed. There was a glass of water on the small table next to the bed, and a bunch of nice flowers. Geoffrey drank the glass empty, and then tried moving the blankets about a bit to hide his continuing erection…he didn’t want the doctor, the nurse, or anybody else to notice it. Damn, he felt randy though.

The doctor, a very tall man with a bald head and thin frame, knocked on the door before coming in.

“Hello there, Geoffrey”, the doctor said, “My name’s Braun…Some of the more respectful staff actually call me Dr Braun. So, how are you feeling?”

“Ah”, Geoffrey shrugged, “Not bad…just surprised at being here.”

“Bit sleepy still?”, Dr Braun asked, “No pains anywhere or strange feelings?”

Geoffrey shook his head, “No…but I don’t feel sleepy either. I think I must’ve slept a long time…I just feel very relaxed.”

“Ahh…That’s good”, Dr Braun said, “Well, Ill just do a few small little checks. Cathy told me that you didn’t seem to know anything about the accident.”

“No…I don’t remember a thing about it. Last I remember we were just doing some tests, then I wake up here”, Geoffrey replied.

“Well, from what I’ve been told”, Dr Braun said, “Which wasn’t a lot, of course. There was a mysterious power-spike which apparently knocked you unconscious. Considering the seriousness of the potential effects of a possibly dangerous electrical charge, we think it’s very lucky for you that according to all our scans you’re perfectly fine. No injuries at all. Just in case, we gave you a vitamin injection while you were sleeping, but we haven’t given you any other pharmaceuticals. Are you allergic to anything?”

“Um, no, I’m not”, Geoffrey replied, knowing the doctor was probably already aware of that.

“Well…all the tests we’ve done show you’re okay”, Dr Braun said, “but we’d like it if you stayed until midday at least for close observation. We just want to make sure nothing at all is wrong, and that you’re perfectly okay. After that, if everything checks out to be good, you can go back to your own quarters.”

“Okay”

“I’m sure your friends at BJX-04 will be happy to see you return”, Dr Braun said, “Although I expect they’ll run a few tests to make sure those things in your head are all okay as well.”

Geoffrey simply nodded. He was well aware that the tight security rules forbid him from talking about what the implants actually were, even though the doctor probably knew anyway. Secrecy rules were a true conversation killer.

SOTI

Wonder how fast that stuff will work? Hope it does as advertised, or rather as theorised. Hmm…Maybe I should’ve checked more on the dosage…I think that maybe I used a bit too much. Hey, it’ll be bigger then. What’s this file? A report on me, better wipe that…delete…delete…delete…Now change a few things….Hey, what else can I access in here? Jennifer Hollinsworth…Oh, I really want to see more of that lovely girl! Maybe I should access the laundry files and mislay a few things? Cheap trick. Maybe there’s another secret project’s database I can use. PMP-97? This stuff is weird! Truth-serums! Biroephilophin-22….Boosts intelligence but only for women…but it does some other strange stuff to the amygdala….but nobody knows what it’s doing exactly. Now what’s the amygdala do anyway?

Geoffrey

Later that afternoon, Geoffrey was finally allowed to leave the infirmary and go back to work. There was a big welcoming committee waiting for him at the main lab-room of the BJX-04 project, and Dr Carmichael warmly welcomed him back with a nice speech, but told him they’d be doing a few more tests on him before continuing the experiments again. During the speech, Geoffrey glanced up at the ceiling and was surprised to notice that the ceiling camera had it’s red activity light blinking.

‘That’s strange’, he thought, ‘there’s no way that camera should be switched-on unless there’s a glitch in the system…I might mention it to Dr Carmichael.’

A bit later in the afternoon, Geoffrey looked at the ceiling camera again, and saw that it was looking straight at him, with the red light still blinking. When he moved, the camera turned, following his movement. It occurred to Geoffrey then that it was highly possible that the base security people may have their own access to that camera and were using it to watch the lab. This made him rather paranoid, as it seemed that the camera was watching him. The playpen robot was still missing, so maybe the security folks continued to suspect him of doing something funny with it. Geoffrey shrugged, it would be better to ignore the damn camera, and maybe the security people would do their job and find the real joker who took the playpen robot, instead of watching him all the time.

SOTI

That’s odd…I’m watching myself moving around the lab and doing things, but I’m suddenly wondering why I don’t know what I’m saying or doing with people. I feel like an outsider watching my own body, but having no real connection with it. Is this a side-effect of the brainjack link? That’s….it just occurred to me that I shouldn’t even be able to link to any of the systems around the base without being plugged in. So how am I doing this? Funny how I don’t feel any guilt at all about what I’ve set up with the lovely Ms Hollinsworth..but maybe because it seems so easy!. I seem to have a lot more time to think about things…maybe way too much…I watch people on the cameras around the base….and they all move so slow and deliberately. I’m thinking faster…I’m sure that’s an advantage of the linkage, but is there distortion? How much does my personality change? ADF-1911B…they’re growing a crop of rare African plants in their greenhouse…interesting…very interesting data…some guy in the British army…a doctor triggered the research….permanent depilatory paste made by tribal witchdoctors….but no way to make it artificially….huh? The formula seems simple enough….there’s enough data in the genetic and introns sequences! These silly scientists never talk to each other….the fungus guys in PFC-99 have already solved that identification problem! The TLS-02 laser should work out fine with the Biroephilophin-22 and the FG-Zero introns sequences. Sheez…I better cover the loose ends too…almost forgot! Pity the B-22 has such strong hallucinogenic effects on guys….can’t use it on them so easily….

Jenny

Jenny always tried to awake before 7am since arriving at the Thomson’s Island Facility, because it would at least give her some time to herself, and a chance to see a bit of sunlight. So although she was very tired, and still sleepy, Jenny forced herself to get out of bed as soon as her alarm-clock started buzzing. The room was a bit too cool as usual, the whole facility was air-conditioned, but she thought that who ever set the temperature cared more about the computers than the people who had to live here all the time. Inside the base, the whole place was always so unnatural, with very little natural sunlight as there were almost no windows. Probably the designers considered windows to be a security risk.

Jenny stretched, then stripped-off her warm flannel pyjamas and went over to her suitcases in only her white cotton panties. She’d still not gotten around to unpacking the suitcases or her carrybag…there never seemed to be any time. Not wanting to waste any of her limited free time, Jenny quickly put on a pair of orange running shorts and a yellow T-shirt, then put on her sandals as she readied to leave the room. Just as she was about to go there was a knock on the door, so she answered, though feeling a bit too casual in the jogging outfit. There was a soldier holding a clipboard and a small package.

“Miss Hollinsworth?”, he asked, “Could you sign for this, please?”

Jenny looked at the package in curiosity, and asked, “What is that anyway?”

The soldier simply said, “A package for Miss Jennifer Hollinsworth…I’ve learnt not to be too curious about packages around here. Simple questions can attract some very serious attention, so I don’t ask them anymore.”

“Oh…Okay”, Jenny signed the proffered clipboard documents, and accepted the package.

She thanked the soldier, took the small package inside the tiny apartment, and closed the door. The package was labelled with a printed text, “Jennifer Hollinsworth, BJX-04, Not to be opened without proper authorization”.

Intensely curious, Jenny used a pen to open the small brown cardboard box. Inside was something wrapped very roughly and clumsily in old newspapers, which seemed very odd. She unwrapped the newspapers.

“Huh?”, she said, seeing what looked like a strange gadget made from a sticky-taped and cobbled together combination of a Mini-Walkman, a Palm Pilot, a small perfume bottle, and bits from a Meccano set. She wondered for a moment what on Earth the thing was, and why somebody would send it to her. It also seemed to be very clumsily made, as if built by a child.

The weird gadgetry started to hum, and suddenly the perfume bottle sprayed a musky sweet vapour right into her face. Jenny breathed it right in because the spray had caught her on the in-breath anyway…as if timed that way. For a second, Jenny thought that she must’ve pressed something to activate it by accident, then there was a flashy strobe light that shifted through all the colours of the rainbow as it flickered faster and faster. Jenny paused, suddenly stunned into complete stillness as if she was a rabbit seeing the headlights of an oncoming car. She wanted to move, but couldn’t, and even her thinking was rapidly loosing clarity. She realised belatedly that she’d fallen for somebody’s trap.

Geoffrey

After experiencing a restless night with dreams full of vague erotic fantasies about screwing the women scientists in the lab, Geoffrey awoke the next day with an iron-hard boner which made turning over in bed entirely too uncomfortable. Worse still, he needed to go for a piss badly. He pushed the blankets aside and climbed out of bed, and was surprised a bit by just how tight his pyjamas felt…as if they’d shrunk overnight.

Despite needing to go to the toilet, Geoffrey had to wait until his erection went down so he just went about getting ready for the day. Shaving, brushing his hair, getting dressed. It was a solid thirty minutes before his dick was soft enough that he could finally urinate, and it seemed half-soft even afterwards.

Later he went off the cafeteria to get some breakfast, and as he entered the room was surprised as the noise level that morning. The place was packed, and everyone was standing around in a big group talking at once. To Geoffrey’s surprise, the C.O. of the Thomson’s Island Facility was there.

“...trying to find out the details”, Colonel Barings was saying, “When we do, I will make a formal announcement about the preparations. In the meantime, I’ve ordered the entire island placed under quarantine.”

Dr Carmichael asked, “What about the new personnel that were on their way?”

The Colonel answered, “Unfortunately the boat that was sent to collect them left after the accident occurred, and before the contamination was discovered. The personnel, four men and eight women, have already been exposed to it. They’ll be going straight to the medical centre as soon as they arrive.”

“So...we’re stuck here until it all gets cleaned up”, one of the other scientists complained.

Colonel Barings frowned, but nodded.

“Yes, but I’ve been told by Doctor Braun that they already have a device for testing for exposure and an inoculation prepared”, the colonel said, “When they’re ready in medical, everyone will go in and be tested. That’s all I can say, now...as I’ve just been told of other business to attend to.”

The colonel left as the scientists began debating among themselves. Geoffrey nodded to him in greeting as he passed, but as usual the CO ignored him. So Geoffrey just went over to the group of excited scientists to find out what was going on.

“What’s up?”, he asked the very pretty Prof. Kelly MacDonald.

She glanced at him, and rose on eye-brow.

“Did you just wake up?”, she asked him.

“Yeah...well...I was having a problem this morning”, Geoffrey said, “Nothing serious...So, what’s going on anyway?”

The young and pretty woman shrugged, but replied, “The fungus folks in PFC-99 had a major contamination accident early this morning or late last night...nobody is sure when, because nobody saw what happened.”

“Fungus?”, Geoffrey repeated, then asked, “How dangerous?”

The professor told him, “Bad...it could make people go blind...it attacks the eyes, they said.”

“Woo...”, Geoffrey commented, “I don’t like that idea.”

“Yep”, she replied, “Neither does anyone else...they have to check everyone in the base for it. Well, I’ve got to go.”

“Can’t stay for breakfast?”, Geoffrey asked.

She shook her head.

“Unlike our lab-rat, I don’t get to sleep in”, the pretty scientist replied, “And...I’ve already had my toast and coffee. Have to keep my figure...!”

She smiled and walked away with a flirty saunter.

Geoffrey followed her with his eyes.

“Was she flirting with me?”, he asked himself out loud in surprise.

SOTI

It’s a very peculiar feeling to watch myself...well watch my body...knowing that was me...but it’s not me...What am I now then? Like a ghost in the computers...I’m Geoffrey but not Geoffrey anymore...I’m something else...but I can’t FEEL!!! I need to feel things through that body...I can record those feelings and enjoy them....but damn...I...oops! I mean Geoffrey...the Geoffrey in that body has no ambition....I still have sexual desires...but HE doesn’t do ANYTHING!...It’s exasperating! Geoffrey is a problem...he restricts MY fun...and I need him to enjoy myself...he’s my only link to sex with with the sexy chicks in this place...I have an idea...make him do more...the other people can be prepared too...Well, I’ve been able to use that trick with the TLS-02 trance-inducing laser and the Biroephilophin-22 psychotropic drug...it seems to have worked well enough...so far...on everyone else...This is confusing..I think therefore I am simply doesn’t answer WHAT it is that I am....I need a name...I need to know what I am! And I need SEX!

In the Medical Centre

Doctor Braun adjusted the binocular eye-pieces on the chromed machine, until they were lined up perfectly with the soldier’s eyes. The soldier was sitting down, and just stared forward into the scanner piece as the doctor waited. The machine was a marvel, in the doctor’s opinion.

Automatically it scanned the soldier’s eyes, recording extremely high resolution images of the cornea, retina, and iris of both eyes simultaneously. If it found any trace of the fungal contaminant, the infection was destroyed by the combination of the scanning laser operating at invisible wave-lengths and the inoculation. The doctor only needed to set it up and watched, as the base computer networks did the rest.

There was a “beep-beep-beep” signalling that it was done, and the doctor went over to the seated soldier and shook him awake. Everyone always acted dazed for a minute or so after the procedure, but nobody had shown any other ill effects with it. The doctor assumed that the scanning laser was somehow slightly hypnotic because it pulsed, so sometimes putting people almost to sleep.

The soldier stood and held his head as if dizzy.

“Finished, lad”, Dr Braun told him, “Just go into the waiting room and sit down until you feel better.”

The young soldier nodded and staggered away.

“Okay, who’s next?”, Dr Braun asked.

Dr Carmichael walked through the door.

“Me, I’ve been told...”, the scientist said.

“Hello Doctor!”, Dr Braun greeted him, “Just take a seat here and relax.”

Dr Carmichael sat down, and a young nurse came over.

“This might sting”, the nurse told him, as she rolled up the sleeve on his right arm.

“Is that the inoculation?”, Dr Carmichael asked.

The nurse smiled, and nodded.

“Yes, luckily there was some ready for use in case of an accident”, the nurse said.

She stuck in the needle and pumped the cold blue fluid into his vein. Then Dr Braun adjusted the binocular eye-pieces of the scanning machine and told Dr Carmichael to look straight ahead and not to blink. There was a flickering that the scientist noticed, and his head hurt a little, then he was being shaken awake.

“Uh? Wha?”, Dr Carmichael mumbled in a daze.

The medical doctor told him to go into the waiting room and sit down until the effects wore off, but the scientist had to struggle to think clearly enough to understand him. It seemed minutes later before he came out of the daze, but he felt good. Relaxed.

He stood up and looked at the nurse.

“Different uniform?”, he asked.

The nurse shook her head, and replied, “No...funny, so many people have asked me that this morning.”

Dr Carmichael shrugged.

“It just looks...I think...Never mind”, he muttered, not sure how to say that he was sure that the nurse didn’t wear slacks with the uniform before.

“I better get back to the lab”, he said, “Good luck today...”

The scientist left the Medical Centre feeling annoyed that the nurse was wearing such a conservative uniform that day.

Geoffrey

Geoffrey wasn’t called into the Medical Centre for his eye-check and inoculation until late in the afternoon, long after everyone else in the lab had apparently already gone.

As he walked into the Medical Centre, Dr Braun greeted him.

“Ah...Our last one of the day!”, the doctor said, “We kept trying to page you, Geoffrey, but apparently you were busy.”

“Was I?”, Geoffrey said in surprise, “Sorry....I didn’t know. I was wondering why I was one of the last ones in our lab...”

“Last ones? No...”, Dr Braun said, “The very last one according to our records. Oh well, no doubt it has been busy day for everyone....I don’t even remember half the people we had go through here today.”

“You must be tired, hey?”, Geoffrey’ commented as the doctor waved him to sit down in front of strange-looking medical device.

“Okay, now just stare into this here”, the doctor said, “I’m going to give you an inoculation as well...It might hurt a little.”

The doctor rolled up Geoffrey’s sleeve on his right arm and injected a blue fluid. It felt cold as it flowed into Geoffrey’s arm. Then the machine was switched on. A faint flicker of light was all that the young man noticed...

....and he came awake in a daze.

Dr Braun was looking at him.

“Time to go, Geoffrey”, the doctor said, “Back to work and all that fucking of the young female lab assistants to keep fit.”

For a moment, a very brief but substantial moment, Geoffrey was taken aback by the doctor’s words.

“Fucking the young lab assistants?”, Geoffrey repeated in surprise, then understood, “Oh yeah...Got to do that a lot...Part of the tests, but you know...”

The doctor grinned conspiratorially, and tapped his nose.

“Too well, you lucky bastard”, Dr Braun commented, “But you’re the lab-rat, hey? Just take care of yourself, Jeff.”

“Yeah, well...I better get going then”, Geoffrey said, and started heading for the door.

“Don’t forget to fuck my nurses too when you get the chance”, the doctor called after him.

Geoffrey nodded and grinned back.

‘Yeah, life is good as the human lab-rat around here’, he thought to himself, ‘Weird...Why can’t I remember fucking those girls before? Never mind, it’s good that I can...always wanted to fuck them anyway!’