The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Fair Share

Part 47

Not for those under 18 (or whatever the legal age for this sort of stuff is in your area). If you’re not that old, Boo! Go away now. If you are offended by graphic descriptions of sexual activities, especially non-consensual ones, then don’t read this. All characters and situations are fictional.

Copyright © 2018

Archived on the Erotic Mind Control web site by permission of the author. This story may be downloaded for personal archiving as long as this notice is retained.

Kathy could feel the silence in the taxi like a lead weight. She and Meredith had hardly said a word to each other since she’d given the driver the instructions to take them into the city. Kathy didn’t understand it. This was her friend, Meredith. They always knew what to say to each other. Some quip about clothes or boyfriends or classes. Not that Kathy had time for boyfriends any more. Or interest.

I want a girlfriend. I want a woman for my lover. I want to share my life with a woman. Maybe someday I’ll marry her.

A voice in her head told Kathy that. Kathy believed the voice.

She may not have been saying anything to Meredith. But she was so aware of her friend where Meredith sat across from her on the back seat of the taxi. Even when she tried looking out the window Kathy could feel Meredith’s presence.

You want Meredith. You’re falling in love with her.

Sometimes she didn’t want to believe the voice. Like now.

Part of her wanted to turn, look at her friend. Meredith’s long legs, beautiful lips. Eyes that Kathy knew that she could drown in.

No, no, no! She might want a girlfriend. But not Meredith. Never Meredith.

The voice was tight around her mind, constricting it, like walls closing in. Walls so high she couldn’t see how far up they reached.

Maybe it was her own fault. For persuading Alison to make her interested in girls. It made sense for her work as an escort but she should have realised that it might have side-effects.

Like these feelings for Meredith.

Which were just a silly crush.

If they were anything at all.

Which they aren’t.

You need her. She’s the one you want.

No!

Something was pulling at Kathy, forcing her to turn towards Meredith. Something she didn’t understand. Like a puppet master’s strings. Like some giant, invisible, hand, smothering her.

She couldn’t breathe.

With an effort Kathy ignored the tug at her head. Made herself look out the window. Stared at the buildings as they passed, each one looming faceless, impersonal. Sheets of glass lining their surfaces, like so many hypnotised eyes. All around her. All staring at her. Leaving her nowhere to run.

Hypnotism is hot. The voice was always there, like a shadow she couldn’t escape.

There was an aching need in her pussy. The heat crashed against a cold pit of fear in her stomach.

“What do you need to do in the city?” Meredith asked quietly. It wasn’t her normal voice. Her cocky tones had vanished, replaced with something desperate and wanting. Kathy knew what that sort of tone meant.

She didn’t want to think about it.

I want a girlfriend. I want a woman for my lover. I want to share my life with a woman. Maybe someday I’ll marry her.

Why did the voice have to be right? If the voices weren’t right so many times then maybe she could ignore them. But she did want a girlfriend. Someone wild, free. Maybe a fiery red-head, all passion and fury. Or a sultry Latin lover, eyes full of the promise of long, hot, nights, nights where their limbs would be so entangled that they wouldn’t know where one of them ended and the other began.

Not Meredith. Nothing like Meredith. Meredith was all tight controls and certainty. Like the voices. Like the feelings she could couldn’t control. Like the walls around her mind. Even if the world stopped turning and Meredith was suddenly interested in girls the two of them would never be right for each other. The casual bickering and one-upmanship that worked as friends would be poison to a relationship. The idea of being with Meredith was a single fingernail trailing slowly down a blackboard.

Repeated over and over. Like the voices.

You want Meredith. You’re falling in love with her.

She couldn’t remember when the feelings had started, had tried so hard to ignore them. But for some reason that Kathy couldn’t understand they were so much stronger this afternoon. It made no sense. The walls were all around her, inching closer and closer. She could feel them, in her mind. If she closed her eyes she could almost see them.

Kathy tried telling herself that Meredith wouldn’t be interested in her. Meredith was straight. Utterly, laser-beam, straight. She was probably just picking up on Kathy’s mixed signals and trying to work out how to let her down gently.

That’s it. Definitely.

Meredith was a good friend. That’s what she’d do. Take care of Kathy. Hold her. Care for her. Kiss her with those amazing lips and…

Kathy tried imagining Meredith with a guy. She’d seen Meredith with a string of boyfriends. Their arms around Meredith. Kissing Meredith. The idea hurt like a punch to the stomach. The image morphed, it was her arms around Meredith, her lips on her friend’s.

Her eyes just as glassy as the windows looming over her.

Fuck!

“Kathy?” Meredith asked hesitantly, repeating her question. “What are you headed in here for?”

Kathy swallowed nervously. “Oh, uh, just something for work,” she replied, hoping her voice was much steadier than she felt. She kept staring out the window, refusing to face her friend. The windows of the buildings stared back.

“What is it you do these days?”

Did Meredith have to keep asking questions? Why couldn’t she just be quiet? Then Kathy wouldn’t have to think about her.

Wouldn’t feel like the world was crushing in on her.

“I’m an admin assistant for an investment bank.”

That was a lie. She couldn’t tell Meredith the truth about her job.

Oh, I work as an escort. You know, get fucked for money. Lots and lots of money. It’s an amazing turn-on.

No way was she telling her friend that.

It hurt so much to lie to Meredith.

Kathy made herself think about where she was going. Anything to take her mind off Meredith.

Her madam, Lorraine, had rung her earlier to ask her to fill in for her. A new girl was having her pictures taken for the agency’s website. Normally Lorraine would be there, just to reassure the girl. But something had come up and Lorraine had asked Kathy to take her place.

Kathy wondered what had pushed the other girl into work as an escort. Money? Sex? For Kathy it was both. Being paid for sex turned her on. So it was only logical that she find work that could give her that. That Lorraine trusted her enough to do this proved she’d made the right decision.

The logical one.

Kathy pulled out her phone, the plastic cool in her hands. She could ring Lorraine, find out more about the other girl. Her fingers idly played over the smooth surface, the glass of the screen. It stared back at her, just like the glass of the buildings. She could see herself reflected in the screen. An image, trapped in that small space.

Hastily she thrust her phone back in her bag.

Kathy tried imagining what the girl might look like, but the images kept slipping and changing until they all looked like Meredith. She was cupping Meredith’s cheek. Gazing into Meredith’s eyes.

It was almost as if she couldn’t control her own mind.

Hypnotism is hot.

Kathy wasn’t sure why the voice was telling her that. Not now. It was true, but why now? Maybe it was the windows, or the empty looks on the faces of people on the sidewalk as the taxi rushed past them. Or the empty feeling in her head. An empty space, held tight.

If only she hadn’t agreed when Meredith had said they should share a cab. But saying no hadn’t even crossed her mind.

She’s the one I want. That was her own voice, echoing in her head. There was something empty about it, too. Flat. Like she was just repeating words she’d been told to say. But there was a force to them Kathy couldn’t ignore. Every time she said no its grip felt tighter, like hands around her throat threatening to choke her.

She wanted out of this cab. It was too small a space. She couldn’t get enough air into her lungs. She was too close to Meredith.

Meredith’s voice broke over her like a cold wave.

“Oh, right, yeah. I remember now. Sorry.”

It was so unlike Meredith to apologise. Kathy’s heart sank at the hurt in her friend’s voice. Part of her wanted to hold Meredith, make the pain go away.

“What about you?” Kathy asked, shaking. She hated herself. It would have been so much easier if she’d kept quiet. But she needed to hear Meredith’s voice.

“Umm. New job. Onboarding stuff. You know.”

It was the first Kathy had heard of Meredith having a new job. She wondered what it was. Maybe it had something do with Meredith changing major. Which was totally unexpected. All these changes couldn’t be good. There had to be something wrong.

But she couldn’t bring herself to ask.

Stop it!

Meredith wasn’t what she wanted.

You want Meredith. She wasn’t sure which voice that was. All she knew was that the walls around her were drawing closer.

What Kathy wanted to do was open the cab door and fling herself out. The voices told her the truth. She wanted to believe them. But not this truth.

She could hardly breathe.

“Castle Street,” the driver announced, the skyscrapers of the city centre rising around them.

Thank God.

As she exited the cab Kathy tried to ignore the glass of the windows. Blank, reflective. Crowding in on her. Watching her.

Kathy didn’t know what she was going to do. Maybe she could ask Alison to hypnotise her. Make her forget these stupid, pointless, feelings for her friend. Alison was her best friend. And being hypnotised by her turned Kathy on so hard. Like at lunch just now when they’d…

Kathy frowned for a moment. She couldn’t remember exactly what had happened at lunch. She knew that Alison had hypnotised her. Which had felt incredible. But she couldn’t remember what they’d done.

Not like the other day, when Alison had used her as a puppet. That had felt so good. Kathy wasn’t sure why it should. Or why she wanted it to happen again. She didn’t want to be a puppet. So why had that felt so good?

Her memories of lunch today were, …, fuzzy. She’d had a good time with Meredith. She knew that. But that was it.

Kathy insisted on paying the driver, even though Meredith tried to argue about it. Which was unusual for Meredith. She was happy to let people take care of things for her.

Maybe she could be into girls. Maybe she wouldn’t be so bad as a girlfriend.

Hell, no!

Kathy just wanted to get away from her friend. Get inside. Then she wouldn’t see the windows. Wouldn’t feel the buildings pushing in on her. Whoever the new girl was she’d have to be hot or Lorraine wouldn’t have brought her on. Maybe seeing some other girl in skimpy lingerie would help take her mind off Meredith.

See, Alison’s hypnotism works. I can get her to help me get over Mer.

Before Alison had bent her Kathy would never have looked forward to seeing a pretty girl in lingerie.

She tried very hard not to think of Meredith in lingerie.

“Right, catch you later,” Kathy said, her voice brittle in her own ears. She needed to get away.

Without waiting for a reply Kathy spun on the ball of her right foot and headed to the building that held the photographer’s studio. Her heart sank as she heard Meredith’s heels tapping on the sidewalk behind her.

Keep walking, keep walking, keep walking.

She stopped.

I’m falling in love with her.

Her stomach dropped away. Kathy desperately didn’t want to believe that truth.

“Oh, ah, you headed this way?” Meredith asked uncertainly.

Kathy nodded, not trusting herself to say anything else. She couldn’t understand what she saw in Meredith’s eyes. Half hope, half fear. It couldn’t mean what she thought it did. It didn’t matter. The building she was headed to was just up ahead. There was no way it Meredith’s destination.

Kathy couldn’t believe it when Meredith turned towards the entrance. She thought about running. But something stopped her. Something tight around her mind. She headed inside.

“Oh, uh, you too?” Meredith’s expression was all fear now, her eyes darting around. The tall girl fumbled as she pulled out her phone. “I, um, I’m a bit early. Maybe I’ll wait down here for a few minutes.”

Relief flooded through Kathy. But as she walked away from her friend she was so aware of where Meredith stood.

“Sure, catch you later.” Kathy replied, putting on a fake smile and hurriedly heading to the lifts, her heels clacking cross the marble floor.

Desperately she jabbed the call button.

Kathy was the only person waiting for the lift. As its doors opened she could see it was empty. She stepped in, turning, catching one last sight of Meredith before the doors closed, her friend nervously looking around.

The view of Meredith was replaced by her own reflection. How did she look when she was hypnotised?

I love being hypnotised.

Why?

Kathy didn’t know the answer to that. Her reflections didn’t know either. They wouldn’t know anything. They didn’t have any thoughts. Just blank and empty. No thoughts, no personality. Nothing. Just what anyone made of them. She fell against the back of the lift, trying to get away from the reflection in front of her. Whirled around, eyes wide as she realised there was another behind her.

Her reflection stared back at her, wide-eyed.

Maybe that’s how she looked when she was hypnotised. The idea pulled at her, like a lover’s caress. Like lips on her most private places. Arousal coursed through her, hot and liquid and irresistible. She knew all the places that Alison had kissed her when she was under. All the places she’d kissed her friend

What else did Alison make her do when she was under?

She was so wet.

Hypnotism is hot.

It had to be. That’s why she enjoyed being Alison’s puppet. Why she’d been so eager to have Emily be their waitress. Trying to serve up someone else for Alison to hypnotise.

Alison should have sexy slave girls. Is that what she’d wanted for Emily, when she’d persuaded the girl to keep serving them?

Slaves serve.

Alison could make the girl into a slave. Alison had turned Kathy bisexual. Someone like that could easily make her fall in love.

No!

Kathy couldn’t, wouldn’t believe that. That the feelings for Meredith had been put there. By her best friend. While she was hypnotised. Alison wouldn’t do that to her.

Kathy had to believe that. If she didn’t, then something important inside of her might break.

The lift was feeling smaller with every floor that passed, the voices like a vice on her brain. She was trapped. She couldn’t get away.

You want Meredith.

Her reflections loomed around her on every side.

You’re falling in love with her

Their green eyes, her eyes, looking so empty and vacant.

She’s the one you want.

Did her eyes look as vacant as her reflection’s?

She could hardly breathe. Her thoughts wouldn’t form, something else was tight around her mind.

Kathy almost sprinted out of the lift once the doors finally opened.

She knew how flustered she looked by the surprise on the photographer’s face when he opened the door.

“Is she here yet?” Kathy asked, not bothering with any pleasantries. She needed something to occupy her mind. Something to fill the spaces.

“Who? What?” the photographer, Gary, spluttered. “Oh, right Lorraine said you’d be here instead of her. Do you mean Calista? No, she’s not here yet.”

Calista was the name the new girl would be using, Lorraine had told Kathy that much.

She headed to the make-up table. Tried to make herself relax. Tried to look at her reflection without thinking about how she’d look if she sat there, still and blank and empty.

And how aroused that sight would make her.

The table was supposed to be for the girls getting photographed, but Kathy didn’t care. At lunch she’d realised her makeup wasn’t right. She had no idea how it had happened. Her clothes had been a mess as well.

Don’t think about why.

So had Meredith’s. Meredith had cleaned herself up as well.

Don’t think about that either.

Kathy stopped worrying about it. There was a voice telling her that she should just forget it, a voice that held her thoughts so tightly.

She did what the voice told her. She didn’t even think about why.

Her makeup could use some work, although Kathy didn’t know why or why she hadn’t noticed it earlier. She picked up an eyebrow pencil.

At least it gave her something other than Meredith to think about.

It was only a few minutes later when she heard Gary opening the door again. It had to be the new girl, Calista. Lorraine had also mentioned that she’d be offering the same range of services as Kathy. Which meant women as well.

If she’s genuine about that then maybe…

Males are for money, females are for fun.

That was another of Kathy’s truths. Maybe the new girl would be up for some fun.

Anything to take her mind off Meredith.

She could hear the Gary talking to the girl. Heard the girl answer.

What?

Kathy spun around. She couldn’t believe her eyes. Meredith was standing there. Staring back at her.

The walls were so tight around her mind.

They both screamed.

Kathy recovered first. “Meredith? What are you doing here? You can’t be here.”

“What do you mean what am I doing here?” Meredith shot back. “What are you doing here?” The tall girl looked around, fear etched on her face. “Where’s Lorraine? I need Lorraine!”

Kathy’s brain froze again. There was only one way that Meredith would know Lorraine’s name. If Meredith was the new girl. Meredith was Calista. Meredith was going to be an escort.

Kathy’s stomach dropped at the thought. Meredith would never do that. There must be something that had driven her to it. Or made her do it.

Kathy didn’t want to think about that.

Gary simply stared at the two of them, a look of utter confusion on his face.

“Lorraine couldn’t make it,” he said. “So she sent Sapphire here instead. Uh, do you two know each other? Um, is everything okay? Maybe I’ll let you two sort it out.” Then he added, before hurrying off to an office and slamming the door, “Let me know when you’re ready.”

Neither girl spared him a glance.

“You’re Sapphire?” Meredith exclaimed, her eyes wide as she stared at Kathy.

Kathy was frozen to the spot. If she told Meredith the truth then her friend would know everything. She couldn’t stop herself shaking.

This couldn’t be happening. Meredith was straight. And had made her views about prostitution clear. Kathy couldn’t believe it was Meredith standing in front of her.

She couldn’t lie to Meredith.

“Yeah, I’m, uh, Sapphire. Um, maybe I should call Lorraine.” She fumbled for her phone. This was all wrong. She hadn’t wanted Meredith to find out what she did, not like this.

“Please,” Meredith whispered, sagging against the wall. Kathy didn’t know what to do. She couldn’t understand why Meredith would be doing this. And why Calista Meredith! would be willing to see women. Tears were welling in Kathy’s eyes. She could hardly see what she was doing.

She was pushing random symbols on the screen, trying to bring up Lorraine’s contact details. Meredith was muttering something, Kathy wasn’t sure what. All she could make out was Lorraine’s name. Did it make her a bad person that she wished it was her name Meredith was whispering instead?

She must have hit the wrong option. Voices were suddenly coming out of her phone, startling her. The phone slipped through her fingers. Unable to move she watched it fall to the floor. It bounced once, then lay still. It was face up, its glassy surface staring up at her. Against the hardwood floor the sounds from the phone rang out clearly, filling the hallway with Jane’s voice. Kathy’s voice. Why was there a recording of her and Jane on her phone?

Perhaps she hallucinated it, but a sharp, piercing, noise rang through Kathy’s ears as her world disintegrated.

“Uh Jane?”

“Hmmm.”

“What if I don’t help?”

“Why wouldn’t you? You’ve known her for years. And Alison can make you. But I really don’t want it to come to that. I know you’re her friend. You should want what’s best for her. Like I do.”

“You’d hypnotise me if I didn’t?”

Alison hypnotises people. Not me. How many times do I have to tell you? But yeah, I’d get her to. If I had to.”

“And make me fall in love with Meredith?”

“Yeah. Isn’t it great? We could be two couples together. I mean, even if you agreed to help we could do that anyway. Wouldn’t it be neat, the four of us?”

Kathy stared at her phone. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Her feelings for Meredith were fake. Alison Alison!, her best friend, who she’d known for years, had put them there. What else had Alison done? The walls were closing in on Kathy again, tight around her mind. She wanted to beat against them, pound them down. She could hardly breathe. If Alison had done that to her could she trust any of her thoughts?

Meredith’s eyes were wide, her gaze flicking wildly between Kathy and the phone.

Jane’s voice spilled from the phone, giddy with happiness.

“I mean with your job you have to admit a girlfriend is a much better idea for you. That was Alison’s idea actually. You should thank her for it.”

“So Alison hypnotised me to want a girlfriend.”

“Oh yeah. It’s all in the induction on your laptop. ‘I want a girlfriend. I want a woman for my lover. I want to share my life with a woman. Maybe someday I’ll marry her.’ It was so hot getting you to record that.”

Cold fear gripped Kathy. She knew those words. It was one of the voices in her mind. They weren’t her words. Alison had made her think that. Invaded her mind. Kathy felt violated. She couldn’t believe it. Why would her friend do that?

The recording went on and on. How Meredith had been hypnotised to be into girls. How Meredith had been hypnotised to fall in love with Kathy.

She loves me. No! Kathy wanted to throw up. Their feelings for each other weren’t real. What mattered was what had been done to them. It must be why Meredith was here. Alison had made her become an escort.

How could Alison do that?

Meredith was leaning against the wall, crying. Kathy ached to hold her. She didn’t dare, not knowing if the urge came from friendship or what Alison had done to them.

And slaves. She’d been hypnotised to want Alison to have slaves.

God, of course. How could I be so stupid? Having slaves was wrong.

Alison should have slaves. Hot, sexy, slaves, a voice in her head told her. Kathy wanted to believe the voice. But she knew where it came from now.

She had to fight it.

She didn’t know if she could. She could feel the bands around her mind. Directing her thoughts. Cutting some off. Like she was a puppet. It wasn’t just the other day Alison had used her as a puppet. It was all the time.

Kathy felt sick.

The recording was still playing.

”So are you going to help?

“No, you blonde bitch. Go to hell. You’re going to have to get her to make me. I wish she’d never met you.”

She was so proud of herself that she’d fought.

“I thought you’d say that. Ah well, maybe it’s better this way. I’ll know you’ll be doing what’s right for her now. Alison, put her under.”

“Down the steps Kathy.”

Kathy’s world went black. She almost welcomed the void.

“Oh God, Kathy. Are you alright? Kathy?” That was Meredith’s voice. Meredith was shaking her. It felt so good to have Meredith touching her, even like that.

No! Fuck, no! Kathy felt sick to her stomach. She couldn’t tell what was real and what was fake.

“How could she?” Kathy cried.

“Who?” Meredith asked.

“Alison!” Alison was her friend. They’d known each other for years. This wasn’t possible. It had to be a nightmare. Maybe she’d wake up soon. But wasn’t that what people in situations like this always thought? Just before they realised they never would wake up. Like someone in a trance that would never emerge from it.

Could Alison do that to her as well? Could she trust any of her thoughts?

“It wasn’t,” Meredith said. “Look, back it up. To where you go under. Just skip that. God, I didn’t know what to do when you went under. At least the part waking you up is still there.”

One. It was her voice. But not. It was flat and lifeless and there was nothing there. It was her voice when she was hypnotised. Kathy had never heard it before. She had wondered what she sounded like. Now she knew. Kathy knew she should hate it. But if she should hate it then why were her nipples so tight? Why were muscles clenching in her core? Why was she so, so, wet?

Being hypnotised turns you on.

She didn’t want to believe that voice.

Because it was true.

She was so turned on.

Fuck!

Even now part of her just wanted to slip into that void again. Even though she knew what it would mean.

Carefully Kathy listened to the rest of the recording. It was clear that Jane had had Alison hypnotised as well. Making her want slaves. Was using her to manipulate Kathy and Meredith. Making them fall in love.

“She doesn’t know.” Alison was a much a victim as they were. Kathy had to hold on to that.

“Who?”

“Alison. We have to tell her.” It was going to destroy her friend but Kathy couldn’t hide this. She flicked to Alison’s contact details.

“We can’t,” Meredith protested, her face a picture of anguish. “It’ll kill her.”

Why wouldn’t Alison pick up?

“Alison? Alison! Just listen. We have to see you. No, now. Now! My place, just get there!”

* * *

The taxi ride back to her apartment passed in a blur of fear and half-understood emotions. It felt like ants were crawling over her brain. She was second guessing every little thought. She knew that some weren’t real—wanting Alison to have slaves, her feelings for Meredith.

She felt sick at the thought of those feelings being forced upon her.

She didn’t remember that conversation with Jane. How much else had she been made to forget? Had she really asked Alison to make her bi? Or was that a lie as well? She knew how much Alison had changed Gillian. Maybe she’d been changed as well. Maybe she wasn’t even Alison’s friend. Maybe none of her memories were real.

Maybe Kathy wasn’t even her real name.

Why did that thought have her squirming in her seat, her panties soaking?

Desperately Kathy swallowed a hysterical giggle.

She had to hold on. It was Jane’s fault. In the recording Jane had controlled Alison. She must have done it at other times as well. Nothing else made any sense.

Alison was waiting for them when they arrived at Kathy’s apartment. She stood outside Kathy’s door, a worried look on her face. Kathy didn’t know how to react to her friend. If Alison was her friend. And even if she was, what had Jane done to her? Maybe it was Jane who had made Alison gay, made her want slaves. Even if Kathy’s memories of her childhood were real, just how much of her friend was left?

The person in front of her might have looked like Alison, but was it really Alison, in any way that mattered? Kathy wasn’t even sure that she knew how to tell. The world was turning to smoke around her. Smoke, and the heat between her legs.

Ushering her friend inside Kathy pointed to one of the lounge chairs, her finger quivering with her anger. “Sit down,” she snapped. “You need to listen to this. But first you have to promise you won’t hypnotise us.”

Alison’s brow creased in confusion. “What?”

“Promise!” Kathy yelled. She couldn’t let Alison hypnotise her. Kathy only had scraps of herself left. She couldn’t let those go.

Alison dropped into the chair, her hands raised in surrender. “Alright, alright. Kathy, what’s the matter?”

“Just listen,” Kathy hissed, her self-control hanging by a thread. She stood in the middle of the room, Meredith off to one side, hovering by another of the lounges.

With a glance at Meredith Kathy pushed play on the recording. It was so hard hearing it again. Her eyes kept flicking between Meredith and Alison, her confused feelings for her friends almost making her miss skipping over the part where Alison put her under. And then her voice, saying just that single word, One, sent waves of arousal coursing through her.

“Oh,” Alison said when it was over. Kathy’s friend was visibly shrinking into herself on the lounge. “I don’t remember most of that.”

“I don’t remember any of it!” Kathy cried. “Who am I? Am I really Kathy? Did you make me think I’m your friend, like Gillian’s your slave?”

“Of course I didn’t,” Alison snapped. “God. Of course you’re Kathy. We’ve been friends for years. I’m Alison, you’re Kathy. What do you think?”

“I don’t know what to think,” Kathy shot back. “I don’t know how much you’ve told me what to think!”

“Not much,” Alison mumbled, a wave of guilt flashing across her features.

“What’s not much?” Kathy demanded.

“Just me having slaves. And being in to Meredith.” Alison was staring at her hands as they lay tightly clasped in her lap.

“You call that not much! Fuck, Alison. And what about Meredith? What were you thinking?”

“Um, that it was fun?” Alison ventured uncertainly.

“Fun!” Kathy and Meredith cried in unison.

Kathy’s insides were in knots. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing. What had Alison done to Meredith? The thought of anything happening to Meredith tore at her. She wanted to tear Alison’s throat out. Because…

I’m falling in love with Meredith. The voice was still there. Still talking to her.

Telling her truths.

No, no, no!

There was an almost uncontrollable urge to pound her temples with her fists. Make the voices go away. Meredith was her friend. So of course she should be concerned. She couldn’t stop that, didn’t want to. But Meredith was so much more. She wanted Meredith. Loved her.

It’s all fake.

You need her. She’s the one you want.

No!

She could picture herself, blank-faced, repeating the ideas that Alison had given her. Meredith the same.

She was so turned on.

“How much did you do to her?” Kathy demanded, desperately trying to ignore the dampness leaking down her legs. “Being an escort? Being into girls? Wanting me?”

Alison nodded. Then she shrugged apologetically. “Well, not being an escort. But being okay with someone being one. I did it for you Kathy. So you’d have someone. You’re my friend.”

There was a pleading edge to Alison’s voice. Like she wanted something from Kathy. Absolution? Acknowledgement? Kathy couldn’t give her either. Right then she couldn’t even look at her.

Instead Kathy gazed at Meredith. Her insides were churning at what her friend had been through.

Meredith, in turn, was staring at Alison, her face ashen.

“And the dress?” Meredith asked softly.

“Yeah, that too,” Alison muttered.

Meredith collapsed into another of the padded lounge chairs. “I’m not me anymore, am I?”

“Yes you are,” Alison insisted quickly. “Just a bit more, um, open?” She didn’t even sound like she’d convinced herself. “Aren’t you happy now Mer?”

“What dress?” Kathy cried, seizing on that. Meredith’s question was too big to grasp. Raised too many other questions that she couldn’t deal with.

“A, a maid’s dress, like Jane’s,” Meredith replied hesitantly. Then the tall girl shook herself, her lips setting in a line. “Did Jane make you do all this?”

Kathy couldn’t help picturing Meredith in a dress like that. She’d look so sexy. And Alison had hypnotised her. She could see Meredith, blank-faced, in a tight little maid’s dress with an apron, stockings and high heels.

Kathy backed away. She wanted to tear Meredith’s clothes off. Throw her to the floor. Show her friend how she felt about her.

Even if none of it was real.

Arousal warred with nausea. Kathy feared she knew which one would win. Was Alison saying something?

There was a knock on the door.

“That’ll be Jane,” Alison announced, too brightly, ignoring Meredith’s question.

Oh, of course, she loves Jane. Did Jane hypnotise her to be like that? It was the only thing that made sense.

“What?” Kathy cried, her thoughts snapping back to the present. She didn’t want Jane here. Jane could put Alison back under. And Alison could hypnotise her and Meredith. The blonde would be able to do whatever she wanted.

“On the phone,” Alison explained, “you sounded so upset. So I rang Jane and told her to come over as well.”

“Don’t let her in! It’s all her fault!” Before Kathy could move Alison was on her feet, opening the door, ushering Jane inside.

“Ali?” the blonde asked, concern etched on her face. “What’s the matter?”

Alison didn’t answer the question, instead all she said was “Massage time Janey.”

Kathy, watched, breathless, as the expression drained from Jane’s face. It was so easy for Alison to do that. Just three words. Another three words for Meredith. Four words for Kathy. They were all Alison had to say and any of them would be like Jane. Blank, empty, vulnerable. Totally defenseless. Alison could do anything to them.

Hypnotised.

Kathy couldn’t believe how turned on she was.

“One,” Jane said, flat and lifeless. The same word Kathy had heard herself say in the recording. Jane said it in exactly the same way. It echoed through Kathy, sweet and delicious and seductive.

Alison was concentrating on her girlfriend. “Jane, you won’t hypnotise me. Now wake up.”

Jane blinked, expression returning to her face. Kathy didn’t want to think about why she was disappointed.

“What was that for?” the blonde scowled.

Alison took her girlfriend in her arms, didn’t let her go. But she turned her head to Kathy, a cloud of emotions swirling in her eyes, and said “Play her the recording. Skip the bit where I put you under.”

Kathy glared at Jane. There was so much she wanted to say. Yell and scream at the blonde. Jane had destroyed her world. Instead she just hit play.

Kathy tuned out, as best she could. It hurt too much to listen to that recording. Except when she heard herself say “One”. That single word was pulling her down into a sea of arousal.

She had to fight to haul herself back.

“Explain that you bitch,” Kathy spat once the recording had finished. “This is all your fault! She knows now. She knows what you did. To her. To us.”

Jane looked nervously from Kathy to Alison, not saying a word.

“Um, Jane?” Alison prompted hesitantly.

Alison and Jane were gazing into each other’s eyes. Kathy couldn’t believe it. Alison knew. She knew. That Jane had hypnotised her. Changed her. Bent and twisted and used her. And still she looked at Jane like that.

Because of what had been done to her.

It was so fucking hot.

Kathy wanted to scream.

“I did it for you Ali,” Jane pleaded. “I did. Just for you. I love you. It was what you needed. Please, Ali?” Alison’s girlfriend was cautiously reaching out a hand, fingertips brushing Alison’s cheek. Alison stood there, so uncertain. Behind Jane’s tears Kathy could see the fear, the desperate hope, in Jane’s eyes. And much as she hated it she could see the love shining there.

I’m falling in love with Meredith. If Jane had her way she and Meredith would look just like that. But it wouldn’t be real. They’d be two puppets dancing to Jane’s tune. Dread and desire chased each other around Kathy’s head.

Alison was whispering. Kathy couldn’t make it out. Except for three words. And their tone. Automatic. Robotic.

“Jane will help.”

Kathy’s nipples ached.

“She’s doing it to you again!” Kathy cried. “Can’t you see? Alison, please. It’s her fault. You can’t trust her. She’s done it all. Made you gay. Made you do things to us. Made you love her.”

Jane’s gaze swung to Kathy. The tenderness she’d shown to Alison had turned to burning, vivid, anger.

“I did not!” Jane was shaking. She looked like she wanted to tear Kathy’s eyes out, all claws and snarls and seething rage, raw emotion flashing in the blonde’s eyes. The raven-haired girl recoiled in shock.

Jane was shouting at her. How was Jane shouting at her? This was Jane’s fault. That didn’t stop the blonde. “That’s the one thing I never did! Okay, I helped her realise that she should have slaves. But she knew that. She just needed some support. And made you want to help. But it was for Alison. It was what she needed. But I never, never, told her to love me.”

Jane shook her head, took a deep breath. She turned her gaze back to Alison, the lovers still in each other’s arms. “You never did that to me did you Ali?” Jane’s eyes were wide, pleading.

Alison smiled down at her girlfriend. “No, no I didn’t.” Then she paused, took a deep breath. “Honestly? I made you gay. And me. Made you think I was sexy. But I never made you love me.”

Jane giggled. “You are sexy, stupid. You didn’t need to hypnotise me to make me think that. Of course, it’s hot that you did.”

Kathy couldn’t believe what she was hearing. It was surreal.

“But you did it to us!” she cried.

“Did what?” Jane snapped. “It was your idea for Ali to make you into girls. And getting you a girlfriend? You’re the one who was lonely. You never thought you’d get anyone. Alison was doing you a favour. And all she needed from you was one little thing. You’re her friend.”

Jane was clearly insane. Having slaves was one little thing? Hey want to come to a movie with me? Can you help me with some cleaning up? Is it okay if I hypnotise girls into being my sex slaves? It was pure madness. Kathy looked at Alison. Surely her friend could see that.

Alison was looking nervously between Jane and Kathy. “Isn’t she right Kathy? You need someone. And shouldn’t I have slaves?” Kathy could see the uncertainty in Alison’s eyes.

Alison should have hot, sexy, slave girls. The voice rang through Kathy’s head. Telling her the truth.

Kathy’s hands formed into fists. She had to fight the voices in her head. Had to make her friend see.

Had to ignore the burning arousal at the thought of what had been done to her. Her pussy was a boiling wet mess and her nipples were so hard and part of her wanted to do nothing more than beg Alison to put her under. She’d sink down, so deep in trance, and Alison could do whatever she wanted.

She was so turned on.

One touch would be enough to make her cum.

“Stop it! Just, stop it. This is insane. It’s wrong. Alison, can’t you see that? What about Mer?” Jane and Alison had done so much more to their other friend. If if the pair were telling the truth then the only things they’d done to Kathy without her asking was make her accept Alison having slaves and want Meredith. But Meredith had been bent almost beyond recognition. “You made her okay with being an escort. An escort! Fuck, you know what she thinks of that. And be into girls. She’s a laser-beam! Made her want me. And what the hell is it with that dress? What else did you do to her? How could you?”

Kathy imagined how many times they’d have had to hypnotise Meredith to do all that. Her friend, blank and defenceless. Being warped. So deep in trance. Kathy could feel the heat in her face. Shame flooded through her as she realised only a little part of it was anger.

She spared a glance in Meredith’s direction. Her friend’s lips were pursed, her head turned to the side as she refused to look at any of the other occupants of the room.

It wasn’t Meredith who spoke next.

“How could we?” Jane cried accusingly. “It wasn’t just us. Who was it who helped me hypnotise her in the first place?”

Kathy’s mouth gaped as guilt flooded through her. Jane was right. It wasn’t Alison who had first hypnotised Meredith. She had. With Jane. They’d got hold of Meredith’s laptop and put the induction there. As a joke. Because hypnotism was fun.

Being hypnotised turns me on.

Kathy couldn’t believe what she’d done. And it wasn’t just Meredith. She was the one who’d persuaded Emily to stay as their waitress today. Knowing how the girl had reacted before. Knowing what Alison was probably going to do to her.

Alison should have hot, sexy, slave girls.

Kathy felt dirty. She was so close to throwing up, guilt clawing at her. Desperately she turned to Meredith.

You want Meredith. You’re falling in love with her.

Kathy buried her head in her hands. “Oh God, Mer. I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.”

“It’s not your fault Kathy.” Meredith’s voice was wound so tight Kathy was afraid it would break. Meredith regarded Alison and Jane warily. Kathy thought even that was more than they deserved. Alison looked between Kathy and Meredith, doubt haunting her eyes. In contrast Jane was glaring at Kathy as if all this was her fault. Kathy heard Alison draw a deep breath, as if she was about to say something

But it was Meredith who spoke first. “You two made me want to do what I’m told when I’m wearing the dress, didn’t you?” The tall girl sighed, her shoulders sagging. “Was that it? Was there anything else?”

The breath was knocked out of Kathy’s lungs. Meredith’s tone wasn’t accusatory. It was thoughtful, almost resigned.

Please Mer, don’t give up.

“No,” Alison replied hesitantly. “You liked it, didn’t you Mer? Really?”

“Really?” Kathy spat. “What the fuck does real mean anymore?”

Meredith was silent for a moment, ignoring Kathy’s outburst. Their friend probably had liked what Alison and Jane had done to her. But only because they had made her like it.

Kathy could understand that.

I’ve been hypnotised to love being hypnotised. It was like a maze without an end. She couldn’t see how to escape. Maybe she could get help, get out of here. Kathy looked at her door. If she left Alison couldn’t hypnotise her. But she couldn’t leave Meredith.

“Yes,” Meredith admitted, her voice barely above a whisper.

“It doesn’t matter!” Kathy insisted. “You only did because they made you like it! Think Mer. You don’t want this. You don’t want me. God, we’d be horrible together. Please, Mer.”

Meredith smiled at her sadly. “I know. God, can you imagine it? We’d spend all our time point-scoring on each other. A constant shitty catfight. We’d end up killing each other. This is so fucked up.” Meredith paused, looked at Kathy with eyes that were dark pools. “But I’m not sorry it’s happened.” Meredith looked straight at her, emotions the raven-haired girl didn’t want to understand filling her friend’s eyes.

Kathy recoiled, stepping back. “No! You don’t mean it. That’s just what they’ve done to us. It’s not real!” She couldn’t believe what her friend was saying. This couldn’t be happening. “You don’t know what you’re saying.”

Uncertainty played across Meredith’s face before determination, brittle and unsure, replaced it. “Yes, yes I do. I’m, I’m happy. I know it’s not what I would have wanted. You’re not. Not before this anyway. And at least I know now why everything’s changed. But I’m happier now than I ever was. This seems right. Well, most of it. So I don’t blame you. I never could.”

Kathy was backing away, staring at Meredith, wide-eyed. “What do you mean you couldn’t blame me?”

Meredith looked at her, her eyes deep pools that Kathy could vanish in. “Because I want you Kathy. I love you.”

Meredith’s words speared through Kathy. Half of her wanted to jump for joy. The other half was chilled to her soul.

“You, you don’t mean that.” Kathy’s voice was shaking. “That’s the hypnotism talking. What Jane’s done to you. Alison. One of them. I don’t know. But it’s not you Meredith. You’d never want this. It’s wrong.” Her breath was coming in gasps. She couldn’t believe this was happening.

“I meant it Kathy. I love you.”

Meredith would never say that.

It wasn’t Meredith in front her. It was some stranger that looked like Meredith. And if Jane had her way Kathy would be in love with this person she didn’t recognise.

“Kathy, please,” the stranger with her friend’s face begged. “I do. I want you. We can be happy together. Alison can fix it. Make it so we’ll be happy. So we’ll be right for each other. Please.”

Kathy could almost imagine it was a wind-up doll talking to her. Jane pulling Meredith’s string and feeding her the words.

Like Alison had done to her the other day in the café.

Kathy’s centre was melting at the memory.

And at the thought of Meredith’s blank face.

She couldn’t follow it any more. Alison had hypnotised Jane. Who’d hypnotised Alison. Who’d hypnotised her. And then she and Jane had hypnotised Meredith. Then Alison had. Then Alison had hypnotised Gillian. And Sophie. And God knew who else.

All of them, blank-faced, empty. Being told what to do. Being changed. Every time losing a little more of who they’d been.

“It’s not real, it’s not real,” Kathy hardly knew what she was saying. “They’ve changed you, made you say it. Take it back, please Mer, take it back.”

“Why should she?” Alison said, the doubt that had haunted her friend’s voice draining away. “Me, Jane, Mer we’re happy. I’ll call Sophie and Gillian, they’ll tell you how happy they are. You can be too.”

Kathy’s gaze shot wildly between the other three girls. All three of them looked at her expectantly.

“Oh my god Alison! You made them into slaves.” She had to make her friend understand. “They’ll say whatever you want. You’ve made them think they’re happy. It’s not real. Doing this to people. It’s wrong. Can’t you see that?”

“I can help you Kathy.” From the look Alison was giving her, more disappointed than anything else, it was obvious that her friend couldn’t see that anything was wrong. Jane was beaming up at her girlfriend. Kathy couldn’t guess anymore which of them had hypnotised the other. But the result was the same.

These weren’t her friends. They were puppets in the shape of her friends. That’s why Alison sounded so reasonable. Why Meredith was saying what Jane wanted. Why Jane was hanging on Alison’s every word. Even if they were pulling each other’s strings they were still puppets. Caught, controlled. Robbed of their choices.

They wanted her to be just like them.

“We can fight this. We have to.”

“Why?” Alison asked, frowning in annoyance before her look melted into a sympathy that made Kathy sick to her stomach. “Don’t tell me you’re happy now. You’re angry. Scared. I can make it stop. Please Kathy, let me make it stop. I can make the hurt go away. I could do it right now. But I won’t, not unless you ask. But I want to. You’re my friend. Please Kathy, let me help.”

It was so tempting. Alison was giving her the choice. She could just say yes. Four little words and Alison would make all her problems go away.

Being hypnotised turns me on.

She’d be happy then. Her and Meredith. Any problems Alison would just smooth away. Snip that little piece of them away.

Snip, snip, snip. Pieces of herself floating away. Changed, replaced. Until she wasn’t herself anymore.

If she still was now.

Maybe that Kathy would be happy about what had been done to her.

It would be so easy to say yes and become that Kathy. Smiling, happy, in love with Meredith.

A cored-out puppet who was just a bit player in Alison’s and Jane’s fantasies.

Parts of her were melting at the idea.

“No, no, I can’t.” Kathy was backed up against the wall now. She wanted to run. Why couldn’t she run? “Don’t do this. Don’t you see? We’ll be puppets. We won’t be us.”

“Of course we’ll be us!” Jane scoffed. All Kathy could see was a mannequin with Jane’s features. “Who else will we be? How much have I changed? I’m still me. Ali’s still Ali. We just love each other.”

Alison just nodded and smiled, her arms still around Jane, their bodies pressed together. Two puppets, bound together by strings they’d put there themselves.

She can’t see how wrong she is. Kathy didn’t know whether to hate the blonde or pity her.

“What about Mer?” Kathy insisted. “She’s hardly herself anymore.”

“I am, sometimes,” Mer whispered. “And not others. And that’s okay.” Meredith took a deep breath. “What do you want us to do Kathy? Go back? To what? To me going through boyfriends like disposable napkins? To being so stressed out I could hardly think? I wasn’t happy. I never told anyone but I hated it. Having to be in control all the time. I could barely stand it.”

“That’s not true!” Kathy insisted. “You were happy. It’s just them making you think you weren’t. And how do you know what you want after what they’ve done to you?”

“I know,” Meredith repeated, just as softly as before.

Meredith was giving up. The world was tilting around Kathy, her legs unsteady. It felt like something solid, something she needed, had been yanked out of her mind.

“And what do you want us to do?” Jane demanded. “I’m not giving Ali up. She’s mine. Forever. And my god, the sex, do you want give that up?”

Images flashed through Kathy’s mind. Herself in bed. With Jane and Alison and Gillian. So many nights. She couldn’t fight the longing welling inside her. It was eating away at her. Dark and tempting and it would be so easy just to agree.

She could imagine herself. Blank and empty and hypnotised. Her eyes fluttered, breath catching.

I love being hypnotised.

She needed it.

“And what do you want to lose?” Jane demanded. “Make Alison stop you being into girls? Or is that okay? Some hypnotism is good and some is bad? You can’t have it both ways Kathy.”

Kathy was sure that didn’t make any sense, but she could hardly think. She could barely remember why she was fighting.

“I, I want to choose. I want to be me,” she moaned. She had to get out of here. Before she lost herself. Before the desire to just say yes and fall into that void was all she could think about. Before she was so lost in the arousal sizzling through her mind that all she could say was “yes”.

“You’ll still be you Kathy,” Jane replied softly. “Smart and sexy and funny. Just, better.”

Kathy knew what Jane’s idea of better was. Whatever she thought Alison needed.

“No, no.” Kathy didn’t want to listen. She wanted to run. Something was stopping her.

“You’re her friend,” Jane sighed, the concern in the blonde’s features eating at Kathy like acid. “She needs you. We need you. Meredith does. Even I do. We just want you to be happy.”

Meredith stood there silently, her eyes wide and full of need.

“Please Kathy,” Alison begged, carefully advancing on her like Kathy was some sort of wild animal. “Let me help you.”

All three of them were looking at her. Kathy was sure that there were blank spots in their eyes. Were they even real? Or just toys? Was Jane’s soft, sad, smile anything more than a doll’s? Was the hope in Meredith’s eyes nothing more than lights that came on when a switch was flipped?

Was the concern and tenderness in Alison’s face something she even knew how to feel anymore? Or a mask she’d been forced to put on?

She couldn’t help them. If she told anyone they’d deny everything. And at any time Alison could say those four little words and Kathy would spiral down. To the void. It was calling to her now. It would be so easy to say yes. It would feel so good if she did. The only way to avoid it would be to run and never look back.

“Why can’t I run?” she whimpered.

“I can’t let you,” Alison whispered. “Sorry, but I lied. Just a bit. I put you and Meredith under just after you got here and told you that you couldn’t leave. That’s when I really called Jane. You’re my friend Kathy. I can’t bear to see you hurting like this.”

“No!” Alison’s betrayal tore at her. Alison had hypnotised her after Kathy had begged her not to. She wanted to hate her friend. But the Alison gazing at her was the Alison that she knew. That cared about her friends. That didn’t want to see them hurt.

She couldn’t blame her friend. It was all their faults and none of them. There was no way out. She couldn’t escape Alison and Alison couldn’t escape what had been done to her.

Kathy knew that she should be angry. She should be screaming at her friend for lying to her. For hypnotising her again. But she couldn’t fight anymore. She sank down against the wall. Even though she knew it was the hypnotism making her want to give in it was so hard not saying “yes”.

“You’ll make sure I’m happy?” she whispered, looking up at Alison.

Her friend smiled as she crouched down next to Kathy. “Of course I will. You and Meredith. You won’t remember this. I’ll take care of you.”

Kathy swallowed. If she said yes she’d go to sleep and wake up as someone else. That person would call herself Kathy. Would think she was Kathy. But it wouldn’t be her. She wasn’t even sure what she’d lose, what would be changed. But it would happen. Alison would change things about her. It was the only way she and Meredith would work. The only way Jane would get what she wanted. The only way Alison could keep her friend.

If she became someone else.

She was standing at the edge of a deep dark pool. If she dived in she’d never come out.

“Just let go,” Alison whispered, “I’ll catch you.”

When had her friend learnt to sound like that? Alison’s voice was dark honey. Sweet and thick and drawing her in. A voice you wanted to say yes to. That there couldn’t be any other answer to. A voice to lose yourself in.

Forever.

She could be an escort with a voice like that. Kathy knew that she was close to hysterics. She couldn’t fight any longer. She wasn’t looking at Alison. She was looking over her friend’s shoulder at Meredith, the tall girl gazing back with love in her eyes.

“Yes.”

Kathy couldn’t say anything else.

“Down the steps Kathy,” Alison said. The sound of her voice was soft and gentle and swept around Kathy like a lover’s embrace.

Kathy let herself go. She was being hypnotised. She was falling into the void.

Relief flooded through her. It was like falling into a mountain of soft blankets. Like being held in a warm love that demanded nothing.

She didn’t have to worry anymore. Alison would take care of her. Kathy believed that.

She had to.

Heat was building at her centre, flowing out through her body. Arousal building with each breath, each beat of her heart.

Her thoughts were slowing down, disappearing, as she carefully walked down those steps. Maybe she’d never walk up them again. Maybe Alison would leave her in trance forever.

It didn’t matter, it wasn’t up to her to decide.

And even if she did wake up from this trance she wouldn’t be the same.

Her hips jerked at the thought.

“One.” Kathy heard herself say. She knew that word meant something. Something so, so, good. It had to be good if it made her feel that turned on.

Alison was whispering to her.

Meredith was in front of her. They were both on their knees. Kathy didn’t remember getting on her knees. Didn’t remember how Meredith had got there. It didn’t matter.

With Meredith looking at her like that nothing else mattered.

Alison was saying something to Meredith, three little words.

When Meredith said “One” Kathy’s orgasm finally claimed her.

As she came down from her climax she heard Jane and Alison talking. Something about a dress and Meredith. So much about Meredith. Kathy didn’t understand. All she understood was the words Alison spoke to her.

“Kathy, kiss her.”

Alison telling her what to do was stoking her arousal back into a raging fire. That fire blazed into an inferno when her lips met Meredith’s. Later she’d recall the taste. Cinnamon and violets and red wine.

It was all she’d remember.

Alison was kneeling next to them. Whispering in Meredith’s ear. Whispering in hers.

Alison was telling her what forget. What to remember. What to feel.

She didn’t know how much time passed. It could have been minutes or hours or days.

Parts of her mind were slipping away. They vanished, other thoughts replacing them. It felt so good.

She loved Meredith.

Alison was telling her to wake up.

Someone woke up.

She called herself Kathy.

(To be continued)