The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Fertile Fields

Chapter 6: The Road into Town

The morning air was thick with dew, a peaceful silence just barely giving way to the sounds of nature waking up. Riley Sloane carefully folded up the tent and packed his duffle bag. The remainder of his hike the previous afternoon had been as uneventful as usual. He enjoyed the country air and the peace of being one with the world. Those suburbanites in the RV had been the only vehicle he saw until deciding to camp for the night. He’d found a perfect place to set up his tent, off the road and sheltered from weather by a large road sign. Now that he was ready to begin his day’s travels, Riley got a chance to look at that sign.

“Welcome to Fertile Fields,” He read. “Happiest Town in America.”

Riley laughed and slung his heavy duffle bag over his shoulder. This town sounded like a nice place. At least they weren’t some big city or suburban imitation of city life. The population number written on the sign clearly showed it was typical of small, but not too small country life. With only 977 people, it had to still have some of the values Riley most admired in his days of being on the road.

The sun was rising quickly as Riley began walking down the lonely country road. The wind picked up around 10 o’clock and provided a refreshing cool to the otherwise stale heat that began to take its toll on the man. He peered ahead and saw a break in the trees to his right, some natural divide that might at least give him some place to take a short rest. This town was small all right. So far, he’d seen little to separate the town from the surrounding countryside. The road was also sloping up, which told Riley Sloane one thing. He was going to be entering into foothills pretty soon. Dragging his duffle was never quite as easy uphill as flat on the path he’d been taking.

Switching the weight of his bag to the other shoulder, Riley looked briefly up into the sky. Not many clouds today, he thought. Unlike yesterday, the sun was blaring down and only the trees to the side of the road provided any shade. He felt his head begin to throb, a strange ache that had begun almost as soon as he began walking this morning. Why did he feel more on edge than he usually did? Why did the headache strike him as something worse, something worthy of keeping track of? There were a few things Riley had learned to be very observant of as a road traveler. One of them was the weather, one was the people he met, and one was his own condition. Something was telling Riley that his own condition was changing.

He’d felt compelled to travel this direction for a reason. While he wasn’t too strict in his beliefs of greater powers or fate, Riley had always felt a need to go where the world led him. He’d provided helpful assistance in any number of situations across this great land. There was the time Riley stepped into a town where a biker gang was terrorizing the community. He not only provided the locals with the strength to stand up for themselves, he took a few bruises from fighting the biker’s leader. There was another time his hiking led him to a farm house far from the nearest town and Riley ended up assisting in the delivery of a baby. Then, there was the time he sent a woman’s abusive husband packing for her, ensuring the safety of her and her young daughter. The world could be a shitty place and Riley always believed in diving right in and digging through that shit to find the hope that some people still needed, the help they wanted, the truth that lies were hiding.

The clearing in the forest turned out to be an old filling station. Riley had run across many of these in his travels. Often times they even were still operational, with the quaint old service of having a man come out and clean car windshields and check the oil. This place didn’t look like an operational one. The tanks were rusted, the hoses had worn holes in them, and the windows of the main building were all cracked and smeared with age. One thing Riley never expected to see again was the RV. There was no doubt it was the same one he’d seen the day before, same house on wheels.

Approaching the front door of the old station, Riley dropped his bag on the gravel and peered inside. Nobody was there, and the way everything was a wreck inside, it didn’t look like anyone had been there for some time. He looked over towards the RV, parked just beside part of the main building. Something seemed odd about the vehicle. It wasn’t the fact it was sitting here, at a supposedly abandoned gas station. It was the windshield. There was something smeared all over the inside of the windshield, something that nearly blocked any view of who or what was inside.

That tension and sense of need welled up inside Riley. The headache was finally beginning to fade but his usual curiosity convinced the man he had a responsibility to check out the occupants of that RV. Maybe they’d had car trouble, pulled in here thinking they’d find some help, and now were trapped. Maybe they were fine. All Riley Sloane knew was he should at least check.

As he made his way onto the one side of the RV with an open door, Riley heard a loud growl of an engine and turned back towards the main road. An SUV went screaming past, coming from the direction Riley had. Music was blaring and inside he could clearly see three occupants. They looked young and rather carefree, showing the usually expected recklessness as they sprayed gravel up on either side of them and weaved the vehicle around to try and avoid the potholes. Typical, he thought, not even taking the time to enjoy their travels or those they may meet in those travels. He turned his attention back to the RV. It was strangely quiet inside. He heard nothing indicating someone was inside, no muffled sense of movement, no snoring, no television or radio. Riley looked around again, as though sensing that someone may be watching him.

He knocked on the side of the door. It was swinging with every light breeze that came by and as he knocked it swung wider and revealed a mess inside the vehicle. It wasn’t the mess he would have expected, never in a million years. And while this wasn’t the sight he was worried he’d find, some horrible murder or graphic crime scene, the look of the inside of the RV didn’t calm Riley’s nerves at all. He stepped up into the RV quietly and looked around.

“Hello, anyone here?” He said, barely more than a whisper. “Is everything okay?”

The RV was a mess, a real strange mess to say the least. Riley walked into the small living room section. His feet made squelching noises on the wet carpet. It was everywhere he thought. Dripping from the ceiling, covering the windows, smeared all over the thin panel walls, it was completely covering the inside of the RV. He wiped his finger on the countertop of the small bar, raised it to his nose and smelled it.

“Milk?” Riley questioned, wiping his finger on his pants.

Walking around the bar and looking at the contraption sitting on the kitchen floor, Riley realized he was right. It must be milk. Although he’d never seen a milking machine quite as compact and oddly designed as the one he now studied. The large glass jar container was literally overflowing with white fluid. Apparently that fluid was the same that seemed to cover every square-inch of the inside of this vehicle. He briefly looked in the back. There were two cramped sleeping quarters, neither showing any signs of recent use. At least they weren’t covered in milk, he thought.

“What the hell went on in here?” Riley asked out loud. He went to the main cabin and found the mess he’d seen from outside the RV. Milk was all over the inside of the windshield. It dribbled down over the dashboard and settled in a thick pool over much of the floor. The steering column had been torn apart by someone. The wires and exposed inner workings showed that this RV had been permanently disabled, and with a purpose.

Riley felt he should do something. He wasn’t sure exactly what he could do. There was nobody here, no actual signs of violence, at least not to any person. He just felt something wasn’t right about all this. What happened to whoever was riding in this vehicle? What were they even doing with a milking machine inside the RV? And where were they now? The whole situation seemed very troubling. After thinking for several minutes, Riley Sloane stepped down and walked away from the RV.

He went back to where he’d laid his bag. Fishing around in one of the pockets, he found some spare change he always made sure to carry. Now, he thought looking around, to find a phone.

Pay phones had gone out of style in most cities since cellphones had become so commonplace. But Riley felt he may just have luck on his side with such a small town as this. Fertile Fields seemed the likely candidate for pay phones being the more common type of public communication. He walked around the building and saw no telephone poles, no wires of any kind leading to anything in the surrounding underbrush. In fact, power didn’t even seem to be hooked up to this old station. The only signs of life at all were an odd circus tent and some well-worn paths leading around it.

Riley thought about going to that tent. He thought hard about it. Something told him not to. It was as though his inner voice was clearer than ever since his headache had left him. He just knew he should stay away from that tent. Just that thought was enough to make the man turn and head inside the old station.

After searching through every office, every room, every wall, Riley came out the front door with no more help than before. The phones in the building had all been ancient looking rotary phones and none were even wired into anything. If anything the whole place seemed more of a set, a fake made to look like the real thing. Even the magazines and old products on the shelves looked unreal, as though they were there to fool someone into thinking this was an abandoned gas station. Something about that bothered Riley Sloane more than he wanted to admit. Why would anyone create a fake old filling station? What was that bothersome feeling that was now firmly tugging on the thoughts in the back of Riley’s mind?

The afternoon sun was already moving overhead as Riley decided the best he could do was head on down the road. He’d move in the direction the SUV had gone, hoping maybe he’d either run across a phone or a building or home where he could let someone know about his concerns. Something had to have happened to the family or whoever was driving that RV. Nobody trashed a vehicle like that and just left it at a gas station in the middle of nowhere.

It was nearly an hour later when Riley heard the sound of an engine approaching him from behind. He turned and made sure to keep on the edge of the road. He held a hand above his eyes and watched as a jeep came flying into view. Maybe they had a phone, he thought. Or at the very least, maybe they could give him a ride into town and there he felt he’d surely be able to get some help. The jeep didn’t seem to be slowing down at all as it approached.

Remembering the reckless SUV, Riley barely had time to throw himself to the gravel off the side of the road as the jeep barreled by full speed, the driver not even looking twice at him.

“Hey, fucking asshole.” Riley shouted. He managed to stand and brush himself off, watching the jeep vanish around a corner up ahead. While the driver hadn’t looked his way, the passenger had. She’d been staring right into his eyes as they drove past. There was something in those eyes that bothered Riley more than almost being run down did. The two in the jeep seemed young, maybe college age, but the girl. Something about the girl made Riley more concerned than ever. He had a sense of being able to read people, being able to tell who needed help. That girl, even though the face he’d seen was smiling and rather innocent looking, seemed to be heading for something dark.

Throwing his bag over one shoulder, Riley picked up the pace and began following the fading trail of dust the jeep was leaving behind. There was something strange in the air. He’d smelled it for a while now. Having been one with the world for longer than most others dared leave the comforts of their own homes, Riley Sloane knew what that smell was. It was a scent animals learned to look for in the wild. It was a pungent aroma that characterized places that no one wanted to be, least of all the weak-minded and helpless. This smell was pure and simple. It was danger.

* * *

“Slow down baby.” Dana said, trying to calmly place a hand on her boyfriend’s shoulder.

Ethan looked over at the girl and smiled. “What, you’re not scared are you?” He laughed and sped the jeep up even more, swerving wildly at the last minute to avoid some more potholes.

Dana rolled her eyes, still wearing the grin she always wore when Ethan liked to play rough. “Ethan, are you in a hurry to catch up to the others? Cause I kinda figured you’d enjoy spending a little time alone with your best girl.”

Stretching a little in her seat, Dana accentuated her subtle curves and ran a hand down her half-top, stopping at the smooth pale skin of her tight belly. Ethan never could resist the girl when she turned on the inner slut usually hidden inside her. Even though it was far from the reality he knew, imagining Dana as a horny little skank was a thrill at times like this.

“Okay babe, maybe I’d rather spend a little more time with you.” He grinned and shrunk back. “But you know you aren’t exactly my best girl. I mean your tits are kinda on the small side and that brown hair is cute and all. I’d just place some of my other whores higher on the list.”

Dana smacked Ethan in the side, playfully. She knew he loved giving her a hard time for being a generally good girl. She was a wild child at heart but that didn’t change her DNA. She still had her mother’s tomboyish looks and her father’s drab brown hair. Even tomboys knew how to have a fun roll in the hay, she always said. And many times Ethan and her had pushed the boundaries of decent public behavior. She bit her lip and leaned in close to her boyfriend behind the wheel.

“I’m guessing someone doesn’t want to be spending much time testing the bedsprings at the next cheap motel we stay at, huh big boy?”

Ethan laughed, let go of the wheel and wrapped an arm around Dana. “You really should let that slut inside you out more often. She needs a little nourishment.” Saying this, the boy let go of the wheel entirely and grabbed at his crotch.

Grabbing the wheel, Dana took a more serious look, one that showed her true character. “Damn Ethan, you and that thing in your pants are gonna get us killed. Come on and act like a man here.”

“Okay, okay babe, geez. Relax a little will you. It’s not like there’s much to look out for on these backwood roads.”

Dana looked out her side of the jeep and forced herself to take a breath. “Ethan, just give me a break for a minute okay. My head still feels funny.”

Looking back up the road and swerving more than necessary to avoid some rather deep potholes, Ethan couldn’t resist what came to mind. “Dana, I think I know what you need to do. Why don’t I just unzip my pants, you lay your pretty head down and make it all better?”

Slapping her boyfriend, she had to admit the thought flickered through her mind of doing just that. She could imagine him weaving all over the street as she sucked his cock like the inner slut inside her demanded she do. Somehow though, her headache made the pleasure in such an act seem more like work. She looked out the window, watching the passing trees and occasional signs of life off the side of the road.

“Yeah, you’d like that. It’s probably your driving that’s giving me a headache.”

“My driving?” Ethan said. “Hey, I’ve been driving since last night. You didn’t complain about a headache until we passed that sign a little while back. If anything, it’s some female problem or something. Don’t blame me.”

Dana looked back at the guy behind the wheel. His comments were pretty jerky, even for him. It really didn’t strike her that he was trying to joke about the problem. He actually seemed defensive. Besides, hadn’t he said something about a headache at close to the same time she did? Her memory for some reason seemed a bit off, but Dana was almost positive Ethan had mentioned something about his head feeling strange. She was thinking of asking him that when the phone in between them began blaring out the tune of some metal band Ethan liked.

“Hey, talk to me man.” Ethan said. He held the phone up to one ear, holding the wheel tightly and swerving around more bad spots in the asphalt.

A few seconds passed and Ethan turned to look at Dana, his typical grin back. “Baby, it’s the guys. They say they’ve reached town.”

“Put it on speaker, and keep your eyes on the road so we can get to town too, at least in one piece.” She said. Her forehead was throbbing as she shaded the sun from her eyes. The headache seemed worse than ever now.

Ethan pressed a button and laid the phone between them on the seat. “Okay man, so tell me about this place.”

“Dude, you’re totally not gonna believe it. It’s like something out of the Twilight Zone. Seriously, there’s people out walking, a few shops and a big old church, and people we thought were waiting at bus stops. But they aren’t Ñ”

Interrupting his buddy, Ethan swerved sharply around a bend in the road, now straightening out and heading up into a hilly forested area. “Yeah, sounds just like the Twilight Zone. Are you fucking kidding? What do you mean, Twilight Zone?”

“Hold on dude, I didn’t even mention the kicker. Picture what I said, but imagine the hottest sluts you’ve ever seen. And I mean hot, like porno hot or girl next door gone bad hot. Every single babe in this town is an eleven at least.”

“No shit?” Ethan said, looking over at Dana. She simply rolled her eyes and tried not to let that action make her head hurt any worse.

“I’m not kidding, and apparently the products they sell in this town are... well... I mean dude, they do things to these chicks.”

“Things? What are you talking about?” Ethan asked. He slowed the jeep down and was getting more confused about the sound of his friend’s voice.

“Things man. I mean they can make them change or something.”

“Change... their clothes?” Ethan asked. He was looking down at the phone more than out the windshield.

“No dude, I mean change them. You know physically. It’s some seriously messed up shit. But it’s awesome!”

Dana and Ethan exchanged glances. “Where are you guys?” Ethan asked.

“We’re at some diner. You wouldn’t believe the waitresses here. It’s like Hooters if you imagine that place with less tasteful clothing. We’re talking fantasy come to life.”

Dana interrupted this time, looking down at the phone as focused as her boyfriend. “Are you guys smoking some pot or something? Is Alice with you?”

“Pot, no way. I’m telling the truth. This place rocks.”

“And Alice?” Ethan asked.

“Ah man, who knows? She went off a little while ago. She’ll show up. Hey man, the waitress is bringing our menus. You should see her. Blonde hottie, looks like she’s not even eighteen. Tits out to who knows where, legs as long as ever and lips just made for sucking a cock.”

There was some commotion on the other end of the line and Ethan once again shared a concerned look with his girlfriend in the passenger seat. “What was that, Sam? Are you still there man?”

“Sorry man, the waitress overheard me talking and wanted to thank me. She’s a real slut man. She promised to blow me when I get my meal.”

“Something’s wrong.” Dana said quietly, placing a concerned hand on Ethan’s shoulder.

He nodded and kept glancing back down the road as he steered. “Hey Sam, we’ll meet you there. Just wait at the diner.” Ethan paused and waited for a reply. All he heard was some muttering and what sounded like a girl squealing in the distance. “Sam?”

“Oh dude. You aren’t going to believe this. Guess what’s on the menu.”

“I don’t know... a sandwich or something?”

“No dude its Ali—” The line went dead as the jeep barreled right into a pothole and bounced up and off onto the shoulder.

Ethan grabbed the wheel sharply, trying to keep it under control as the phone between him and Dana shot into the dash board and fell silent to the floor. The tires sprayed up a thick cloud of pebbles and the jeep lurched to one side as he slammed on the brakes.

Dana was breathing heavy, her long brown hair in her face and her arms braced against the passenger door. Ethan looked over, placed a shaky hand on her, then looked out the windshield. “Are... are you okay babe?”

Dana nodded and tried to calm down. The pothole had caught both of them off guard. It was a massive one, easily twice as deep as some of the others they’d gotten used to avoiding. Between the conversation on the phone and the unfamiliar roads, Ethan never had a chance to avoid it.

“The phone.” She said. Reaching down around their feet, Dana picked up the now thoroughly destroyed piece of technology. It had been a fancy phone, top of the line. Now it was a sleek plastic piece of useless crap, having several cracks completely splitting the main face of it.

“Shit, Shit, fucking shit!” Ethan said, slamming his hands on the wheel. The horn blared a couple of times and he felt the anger boil over inside him.

“Goddamn phone cost me two hundred dollars.” He looked over at Dana and let just the corner of a grin escape his lips. “Baby, I know. It’s just a thing. But I mean, shit, why can’t they keep the stupid roads paved around here?”

“Is the jeep okay?” Dana asked. Her headache was returning and now she felt just the least bit dizzy.

Ethan looked around. Things seemed okay but that didn’t mean much. “Good question.” He said.

They each looked out over the hood. The dust was settling and two things were becoming very clear. One was that the jeep was definitely leaning much too far to one side. Another was that the place they’d stopped wasn’t far from a turn off just ahead. There was a sign that wasn’t entirely legible from this distance, but it appeared to at least be good news. Maybe they weren’t far from town.

Hopping out the driver’s side, Ethan saw what he’d feared. His frustration returned again with even more anger. “Fucking shit, we blew a goddamned tire. Fuck fuck fuck!”

Dana got out and joined her boyfriend on his side of the vehicle. The tire was most definitely shredded. It looked as though a meat grinder had gotten hold of it, tearing through the thick rubber like it was butter. “Can’t you just put the spare on?” She asked.

“Spare?” Ethan asked. “What fucking spare? I already had the spare on.” He was clearly angry and spitting his annoyance out in every word he said.

As Ethan studied the torn tire and leaned his head down in complete despair, Dana looked both ways down the road. The way they’d come from was all wooded, hardly a sign of civilization in sight. The turn off up ahead had a sign for a Drive-in. At least it wasn’t far away.

“Come on, we can go there, call the guys, and get someone to meet us out here. It’s not that big a deal.” She said.

“Fine, fine, we’ll go. But you really think Sam or the others are gonna be much help? They sounded like they were more ripped than this tire.”

Dana had to admit something was wrong with Sam. The Sam she knew would never talk that way, even about women he didn’t know. And he certainly would have cared more about where Alice was. She was like a baby sister to him, always had been. Although her head was beginning to throb like her sinuses were filling with some toxic gas, Dana put on a positive face and ran a hand up and down Ethan.

“Come on stud, you gotta protect me from any crazy rednecks we might meet out here.”

Ethan laughed and looked up from the tire. “Babe, you really know when to strike with the slut games. I mean, as pissed as I am, how can I not get turned on hearing you say stuff like that?”

She giggled. “You know me, I’m hard to peg down. Now let’s get walking, unless you aren’t interested in pegging me down later tonight.”

“Slut.” Ethan said. He reached into the jeep and grabbed his wallet.

“I’m no slut, but little ole me wouldn’t stand a chance against some big strong country boy. He’d bend me over and spread my legs. You just know he’d do me like a dog.” She giggled again and rammed her hip into Ethan’s, opening her eyes wide and staring up into the boy’s face.

“Damn Dana, stop playing games. I get the point. I’m not gonna be so pissy okay.”

Dana felt strange, very strange. She was noticing something now. It was something that should have been more apparent. Her head didn’t seem to hurt so bad as long as she was playing along with the dirty girl she liked to pretend to be. Why was that slightly arousing to realize? She wondered if more was wrong than just a headache.

As she started down the road next to Ethan, Dana wrapped an arm around him and pulled him into her warm body. “Who says I’m playing games, big guy?” And with that she gave his crotch a quick cupping feel and then skipped on ahead of him.

To Be Continued...