The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Finding a replacement

By Latexthom

chapter 29

When Dolly arrived at Scudamore’s office, Josephine was not at her desk and Scudamore looked very anxious and said, “Dolly I am glad you have come. I have produced the papers Silvia demanded but have not phoned the bank. This is against Walter’s wishes and I am torn between two commands.” Dolly said, “Drink this water. I and will put Walter back on top and remove the conflict from your mind.” Scudamore drank the water while Dolly looked at the paperwork. What she saw raised her anger again; Silvia had commanded Scudamore to draw up ‘power of attorney’ forms so she could remove Dolly from being able to manage her own affairs. The other paperwork removed Dolly as chairwoman of Silver Doll and added Silvia’s name to the board of the Page Development Corporation.

Dolly gave the papers back to Scudamore and said, “These are for your shredder.” The relief displayed on Scudamore’s face was unmistakable. Dolly asked, “Where is Josephine?” Scudamore replied, “I could not bring her to work. She crawls around on her hands and knees meowing like a cat.”

Dolly said, “Alright let’s sort you out and then we will fix Josephine.” Dolly looked at the clock on the wall and said, “Mr. Scudamore please repeat all the rules and instructions left in your mind by Walter.” Mr. Scudamore replied in the usual monotone voice, “I am to watch out and protect Dolly at all times and assist her when she deals with Fiona, Justin, Imogen and Patty. I should assist Dolly in all things legal and advise accordingly if she strays from the charter of the Development Company.”

Dolly said, “All the instruction, rules and commands programmed into your mind by Silvia are now purged, deleted and removed. You will also remove Silvia’s name from Silver Doll and Page Development as soon as you wake up.”

“Once before I made you my slave so I am reinserting these commands in case Silvia compromised them.” You are from now on my property and you will do whatever I tell you to do. You will still carry out Walter’s wishes and you will look after me in all matters legal, corporate, civil or criminal. Now if your mind is now in accord with no conflicts, you will wake up when you reach zero after counting down from one hundred.”

Dolly waited the two minutes for Scudamore to awake and when he did, Dolly said, “Do you feel better now?” Scudamore said, “Yes my mind is in harmony and I have a clear objective to purge Silvia from the books.” Dolly said, “This is Michelle. I want you to get her signature onto the accounts of both companies. She was a charters accountant and when she is back up to speed, she will be my accountant and accounts manager.” Scudamore pulled two bank forms from his drawer and said, “You both need to sign these, Dolly in the first box and Michelle in the second and they will take about a week to process. I will only put her name on the current accounts. Dolly, you must remain sole authority on the other accounts.”

“Very well, we will go now and try and fix Josephine.” Scudamore said, “Walter was right to trust you; you get more like him every day. I will come with you to the house. I locked her in.”

Scudamore drove Dolly and Michelle in his car out to his large country house on the way to Whitby. When he pulled up in the drive, he said, “Poor Josephine must have upset that woman for her to do what she did.” Dolly said, “I’m sure we can fix her.” As Scudamore unlocked the front door there was a noise behind it and a girl in a cat suit and gas mask lunged at Dolly. Dolly side stepped and flipped the cat over onto its back. Dolly sat across her chest and Michelle sat on her knees. Dolly said, “Silvia has given you some destructive instructions and to get these out of your head, drink this water.” The cat shook its head and Dolly said, “Does she still do what you tell her?” Scudamore said, “Josephine, drink the water now.” Dolly pulled off the gas mask and Josephine drank the bottle and Michelle and Dolly let her up. Josephine crawled into a corner and waited. Dolly kept an eye on the time and when Josephine was ready, Dolly said, “Josephine, tell me what Silvia instructed you to do and be.” Josephine meowed. Dolly tried again, “Josephine, take your mind back to before Silvia came yesterday and you can speak.” Josephine said, “Of course I can speak.” Dolly asked Scudamore what time Silvia came and Scudamore said straight after dinner about two o’clock. Dolly instructed, “Josephine, I want you to remove all events and recordings in your mind from one o’clock yesterday afternoon. Now once you have removed all of that I want you purge and delete any instruction that Silvia may have planted in your subconscious. Now have you done all that?” Josephine said, “Yes.” Dolly continued, “While your subconscious is open I am going to put some commands there. Number one, you will never by rude or condescending to me or my friends ever again. Rule number two, you will always support Mr. Scudamore when he is working for me. Rule three is you will do whatever Mr. Scudamore or I tell you to do. You will obey without question either or both of us and if there is an inconsistency between us, I will always take precedence. Rule number four, the cat suit and gas mask you were wearing are your favourite clothes and will be worn unless Mr. Scudamore advises you otherwise. You will always wear what he tells you to wear and only if he doesn’t will you dress in your cat suit and mask.”

“Now count down from 100 to zero and wake up on zero, remembering none of this.” Scudamore picked up the mask and refitted it over her head. He then opened and drawer and pulled out a huge dildo and a pair of hand cuffs. He unzipped the crotch zip and pushed the dildo all the way in, then zipped her up again and then fastened the cuffs onto her wrists behind her back, saying “Let’s go before she wakes up, then she will be cooking by the time I get home.”

The three of them snuck out of the house and into Scudamore’s car and he dropped them in town on his way back to the office.

Dolly and Michelle walked through the town and back to Heathcliff Street. When they got there Frank had finished and his van was no longer outside. Jeffery was still working but had achieved a lot. The office was much better. The walls were clean and bright in a warm apricot colour and the woodwork was painted a white gloss. He was doing the gloss in the hall and the new doors looked splendid. Dolly said, “I’m leaving Michelle here. I want to go the hospital and check up on Trisha. Michelle, if you can work in this paint atmosphere, we need to go back through the files we have highlighted to find the age of the property, when it was last decorated, are the occupants static or constantly moving. Can you do that?” Michelle said, “I would love to and I hope your trip to the hospital is successful.” Dolly said, “Work until Jeffery finishes and go home with him and I will see you tomorrow.” Dolly left the office and walked through the alley to Shore Road and around to her house. June and Marissa were inside and the sitting room in number 6 was full of boxes. June was in the kitchen in her nurse’s uniform and said, “I have emptied number eighty-two and a lot of this can probably go to the charity shop. But I thought if I clean out number eighty-two we can sort this out over time. I phoned up the agent and told them I was out but they want a month’s notice so I paid rent for another month.

Dolly asked, “What time do you leave?” I normally catch the eleven twenty bus from the end of the street but I have just missed it.” Dolly said, “Good, I will take you today, but I want you to do something.” Dolly ran upstairs and put one of the school uniforms, red shoes and PVC mackintosh in a bag.

Then taking the bag down stairs said, “I’m right, are you ready and what have you got on under your uniform?” June replied, “Latex bra and knickers from your drawer and a short dress from Marissa that we cut the sleeves off short.” Dolly continued, “Well come on and I will get you there on time.”

June followed Dolly out of the house and through the alley to the garage. Jeffery’s car was parked so the door would not open so Dolly popped into the office and asked him to move it a smidgen. Jeffery pulled forward three feet and Dolly opened the garage. June said, “You are taking me to work in that?” Dolly replied, “Until tomorrow it is the only car I have, now please get in.” Dolly put on the blue rubberised mackintosh and reversed out of the garage before closing the door with the remote. This time the journey took fourteen minutes due to having to stop at traffic lights and other road users turning right against the traffic. This time Dolly parked in the public car park and fed to parking meter.

They walked into the hospital together and June signed in at the staff porter’s desk. Dolly handed the bag to June and said, “Remove all Silvia’s clothes and other effects from her closet and hang these up instead.” As June walked off, Dolly asked at the enquiries desk where Trisha was and was told Ward 6a and given directions.

Dolly followed the directions and found Trisha in a side ward three down from Silvia. As Dolly walked in she found the Sister from the Neurology ward fussing over Trisha with a smile on her face. Trisha looked at Dolly and asked, “What did you do to this poor woman? She has been demoted from Sister to nurse because of her stupid grin and her doctor would like a word with you.” Dolly looked at the Sister and said, “She is right, your smile does look stupid. Look in the mirror and put it right.” The woman said, “This is the reason I never smiled. It has always looked like this.” Dolly said, “If I tell you to take that silly grin off your face you will have to wear those knickers every day and night for the next sixty days.” The woman said, “Anything, just put my face back to normal.” Dolly continued, “Ok, stop smiling and go and tell your doctor I am here.” The woman ran out of the room as quickly as she could. Dolly asked “And how are you, Trisha? Have you seen Paul yet?” “Paul came in this morning but he is not himself; when he got here he could not remember who I was.” Dolly said angrily, “I never thought Silvia would change your relationship. She must have gone off the rails. Don’t worry; I will restore his love for you. I wonder who else she got to.”

Dolly continued, “Anyway how are you feeling? Did they fix your nose ok?” Trisha said, “The nose will be fine when the swelling comes down or so they tell me. I have two cracked ribs and a cracked collar bone.” Dolly continued, “Silvia will pay for getting you involved and screwing up your relationship with Paul.” Trisha replied, “I think she is paying enough. I heard what happens to her at the start and end of shifts and that on top of her having to wear hospital gowns all the time is making her wretchedly unhappy.” Dolly asked, “Have you spoken to her?” Trisha answered, “After Paul had been here I asked her what she had done and she tried to control me. When she failed she became quite tearful but she wouldn’t say anything.” They both heard hard smacking coming from down the corridor so Trisha smiled and said, “June and Maureen are here.” Dolly was about to go and watch when the sister returned with an elderly gentleman in a while doctor’s coat and when he entered Trisha’s room he said, “Sister tells me you are the miracle lady who can defy medical certainties. We gave this young lady an EEG and it clearly showed extensive brain damage. We gave her another one after your visit and it clearly showed a healthy and active brain. Would you please tell me what you did?”

Dolly said, “I’m afraid that if I tell you I will be forced to kill you. This young lady was affected by a top secret nerve agent that corroded her mind and ability to function. I applied an antidote and then coaxed her mind back into place. The only bit I was unable to repair was her free will.” The doctor took all this in and said, “How will she cope in the real world with no free will?” Dolly replied, “I was able to provide a mental patch that enables her to function correctly in relation to everyone else except me.” The doctor asked, “And what are your intentions for her, are you going to make her your slave?” Dolly said, “I have no need for any more slaves but if you had ever tasted her vaginal fluids you probably wouldn’t ask.” The doctor said, “Now if you were offering that I may sample them. I think I could let your unauthorised use of the hospital pass.” Dolly said, “Trisha, remove your knickers and open your legs wide. The doctor and his assistant are going to sample you while I go and visit Silvia.”

The Sister looked at Dolly and said, “I don’t do women.” Dolly replied, “You will today and you will love it.” Dolly then left the room as the door closed and the blinds were drawn. Dolly looked in on Silvia who looked very much the worse for wear. Dolly said, “Who has been a naughty girl then and did you get your punishment today?” Silvia said, “They’re going to let me out tomorrow if I go home and there is someone to look out for me.” “Well Norman will be at the bank and Marissa will be at the shop all on her own because you frightened Simone away. I will be at work and so there will be no one to watch over you. Unless of course you go to Charlotte’s; you could call her place home. You have disappointed me, Silvia so be very careful what you do and where you call home.” Silvia asked, “Can you ask them if I can wear latex? My skin is screaming for it but they don’t understand.”

At that moment June came in and Dolly said, “June my love, please go and stand by Silvia’s bedside. There Silvia, if you need to feel latex put your hand beneath June’s uniform.” As Silvia found the under dress and knickers, she sighed as she stroked the latex fabric.

Dolly said, “That’s enough; June come here.” June moved back out of Silvia’s reach and moved over to where Dolly was standing and they kissed long and sensually. Silvia was becoming heartbroken and Dolly watched her out of the corner of her eye. Silvia said, “The police were here this morning asking questions. Why could I not tell them the truth? What have you done to me?” Dolly answered, “I found your recording upstairs in the lab and I thought, why not.” Silvia replied, “Its worse than that. I don’t seem to be able to not do as I am told.” Dolly replied, “I have no idea, but I did give a couple of squirts of the atomiser you were holding. If it was 1334 in that bottle you are now well and truly stuffed.” Silvia started to sob and June said, “Silvia stop that this instant. You are not a baby.” Silvia stopped and Dolly said, “Just think about what Charlotte’s customers would do with you.”

June whispered to Dolly that the bag with the items she wanted was at the nurses’ station. Dolly said, “I’ll take it when I go. I’ll go back to Trisha now.” When she got back the door it was still closed so she opened it and slipped in. The doctor was standing to one side with a broad grin on his face and the Sister had her head under the sheet. Dolly asked the doctor, “If she was your slave, what would you do?” The doctor replied, “Bottle it and sell it for a fortune.” Dolly continued, “Well it’s a good thing she is not yours.” The Doctor said, “I had better go, I should be doing my rounds now.” After he had departed, Dolly looked out of the room and saw June at the nurse’s station. Dolly called her over and said, “There is a Sister in there. Would you like her as a slave?” June said, “If it’s Janice from Neurology then yes; she is a pain in the neck.” Dolly said, “Come here then.” June stepped inside as the Sister stood up and said, “I never knew that could be so good.” Dolly said, “What would you give for something better?” The Sister said, “There can be nothing better that that.” Dolly said, “June, drop your knickers and sit up on the bed. Now Sister, sample June and if you agree with me that she is sweeter that Trisha, you will then give her your mind and become her slave.”

Janice moved over to June and, kneeling down, put her head into June’s latex heaven. She found her mark and started licking and flicking her tongue at June’s clitoris, followed with gentle regular strokes lifting June to an inevitable orgasm. As Janice licked up the discharge she realised what Dolly has said and when she cleaned June out completely and emerged from under her underclothes. She looked into June’s eyes and said, “Mistress I am yours.”

June said, “At some part of every shift, you must find me and perform your duty.” Janice said, “Of course Mistress. I could easily become addicted to that.” Trisha said, “Is June yours, Dolly? I would like a taste.” Dolly said, “She certainly is. June, would you be so kind and climb up on Trish’s bed and put your pussy over her mouth?” Janice said, “This is totally against hospital good behaviour.” Dolly said, “You are a good one to talk, after what you have been doing. Now you had better go back to your ward and before you go home, find June and ask her what she is wearing under her uniform because tomorrow you will be wearing the same.” Janice scooted out of the door and was gone.

Trisha quickly brought June to another orgasm and after Trisha cleaned her up, June jumped off the bed and put her knickers back on saying, “I can’t believe you, Dolly. I have been on shift less than an hour and I have had three orgasms.” Dolly said, “If you had left your knickers off for two minutes more, it would have been six. Now where is this bag? I must be going; I have a man to repair. What is his address, Trisha?” Trisha shouted out Paul’s address and Dolly committed it to memory. June gave her the bag and Dolly was pleased that Silvia’s hand bag was in it with Dolly’s fourth front door key inside.

Dolly said goodbye to June and Trisha and walked out to the car carrying the bag. She threw it in the trunk and drove straight from the hospital car park to Paul’s house. Dolly rang his bell and when Paul opened it he said, “What can I do for you, Miss Page?” Dolly said, “You met my ex-partner yesterday and I would like to know what you discussed.” Paul replied, “You are right, she was here but I cannot remember what was discussed or what she took from me.” Dolly continued, “Will you invite me in? Perhaps I will be able to help you remember.” Paul replied, “You can come in but I am not allowed to let you take my mind.” Dolly said, “I have no intention of taking your mind, but to get back what you lost you will have to give it.” Paul looked confused and replied, “How do I give it?” Dolly said, “Fetch me a glass and I will show you”. Paul brought a glass and Dolly filled it with bottled ‘4’ and said, “Drink this, all of it.”

Paul had no instruction not to drink a glass of water so drank all of it down. Dolly said, “Do you want a refill?” Paul replied, “Yes please, that is very nice water.” Dolly filled his glass again from another bottle and Paul drank it”. Dolly then said, “Try and remember what happened when Silvia came yesterday.” “We were in the den playing scrabble when the door bell went and she went to answer it. She didn’t come back but Silvia did and sprayed something in my face. I don’t remember anymore.” Dolly said, “We need to wait ten minutes and then I will help you to remember. Would you like to put the kettle on?” Paul said, “I am not thirsty but I will make you a drink.” Paul walked to the kitchen and Dolly followed and watched him from the door. Paul took a mug out of a cupboard and put a tea bag in it and then put the kettle on. While he waited for the kettle to boil, he took a small bottle out of the fridge and poured a small amount from the bottle on top of the tea bag. Dolly said, “What was in that bottle and what were your instructions associated with it?” Paul said, “What bottle and what instructions? I don’t understand you question.” Paul continued to make the tea and when it was ready, he handed the mug to Dolly and she walked to the sink and poured it away. Paul started to question her action but was now close to being tranced.

Dolly waited until she was certain and said, “Paul, you are now my slave and you must tell me what Silvia said yesterday so I can remove these hurtful instructions from your mind.”

Paul said, “Silvia took away my love and made me forget her, she then instructed me to entrance all women who called at the house. I was to give them a drink impregnated with five drops from that bottle in the fridge and when they were in a trance, I was to tell them the following: From now on you are addicted to wearing slutty clothes made out of latex You are forbidden from wearing anything else and from now you will be a slut who thinks of nothing but sex and doing what you are told. You have no free will at all and love following orders. Now you will forget this trance and become the new you when you wake up tomorrow morning.”

“Silvia also instructed me that I should never take bottled water from anyone in latex and always be afraid of women until I entrance them.” Dolly made sure that all these instructions were deleted and that his memory of Trisha was installed and all the instructions Dolly had given him previously were intact and functioning.

Before waking him up she asked him if he had received any female callers and if he had managed to entrance them. Paul said, “I had three visitors, two Jehovah Witnesses and a young girl looking for her sister. I tranced and programmed the two religious nuts but the young girl didn’t come in.”

Dolly removed the bottle from the fridge and woke him up. When Paul was awake, he was frantic saying, “Look Miss Page, I am sorry to throw you out but I need to go to the hospital. I have an abject apology to make to Trisha and I hope she will forgive me.”

Dolly stood by her car and watched Paul drive out of his drive in the direction of the hospital. She decided she could not do anything about the Jehovah Witnesses so she got in the Jag and drove back to her garage. Jeffery’s car had gone so after parking and locking the garage, she looked into the office and it was all freshly decorated and looks a million times better than when Walter was using it, although she still needed two office chairs.

Returning to the house, she found it empty but Marissa had left a note. “Bianca called and wanted to make a delivery today so I have agreed to meet her at the shop at four o’clock and a police woman call Winnie Jackson called in connection with the muggings in Heathcliff Street and will come back.”

Dolly had made herself a cup of coffee and was sitting down in the kitchen when the door bell rang. Dolly answered it and found Winnie and a policeman on the door step and said, “Winnie, Ian this is a pleasant surprise. Please come in and how can I help you?” As they all sat in the sitting room, Winnie said, “We are making enquiries about a mugging in Heathcliff Street early yesterday evening. I understand it was you who called for the ambulance.” Dolly replied, “Yes it was me who called for the ambulance. They both needed medical attention.” Winnie asked, “Do you know how they came to need this attention?” Dolly replied, “I’m not sure you really want to pursue this enquiry.” Ian was quicker to realise what Dolly was getting at and said, “How would you like to record and close this enquiry?”

Dolly continued, “Their assailants had left the scene before I got there and I did not see anyone except the two victims.” Winnie said, “Who are you trying to protect?” Ian said, “The Inspector is a very good policewoman and detective. She does get the bit between her teeth and sometimes does not see the bigger picture. Come Inspector, we are leaving.” Ian stood and Winnie said, “I am sorry if I have touched a nerve but a serious crime has been conducted. Someone caused grievous bodily harm to two defenceless girls.” Dolly replied, “Well there you go. You start out with a pack of lies and then try to build a case. If Ian is right and you are a good policeperson and detective and you would like to continue being one, I suggest you let this drop. Your facts are all wrong and even getting them right won’t help you to get any further.”

Winnie and Ian left and Dolly tried to calm down. Had they stayed ten seconds longer, her anger would have ruined their futures.

Outside in the police car, Ian said, “I have never seen her get angry like that. We were lucky to get out when we did.” Winnie replied, “If what she said is right, then she is the victim and those two girls were the attackers. Word from the hospital is that she helped one of them and is still punishing the other. I think they attacked her and she is dispensing her own justice.” Ian said, “How are you going to write this up?” Winnie said, “God only knows but it won’t be the truth. Can you imagine what it took for her to squash those other people like that?” Ian replied, “Perhaps she can call up kinetic energies as well as psychic ones.” Winnie concluded, “Well whatever she used, anyone who goes up against her deserves what they get. Case closed.”

Dolly made herself a drink and sat in the cane armchair in the conservatory. Her anger slowly subsided and she relaxed into the chair. As she was relaxing calmly with her eyes closed, she was interrupted by the phone ringing. She moved to the kitchen and answered it to find the hospital social services department on the line. Dolly politely asked what they wanted and the woman on the other end said, “We would like to discharge one of our patients. There is nothing more we can do for her in hospital but she needs care and attention at home. We would like to verify that this is her home and that there will be someone there to look after her.” Dolly said, “If you are addressing Silvia Privet, this is her home and I will make sure there is someone here to look after her.” The woman on the other end said, “Would you be prepared to come to the Hospital and collect her?” Dolly replied, “I can be there at seven thirty.” The woman replied, “That will be perfect. We will have her ready for you then.”

Dolly sat down in the conservatory again and thought, “What else could Silvia have done?” She was still thinking when Marissa returned and said, “Bianca and Ruth have done wonders. They have fulfilled the order and provided a lot more stock for the sale, mostly seconds that have been reworked. I don’t think I can manage the shop as it is now, on my own. Is there any way to persuade Simone to come home?” Dolly gave Marissa Simone’s telephone number and said, “You try.”

Marissa got though to Simone and asked how she was and then started to persuade her to come back. Simone was still feeling submissive towards Marissa and tried to fight it but Marissa was winning. Simone put her foot down and said, “I have two pets I have to look after here, and they can no longer fend for themselves. Plus I have my own shop.” Marissa said as forcefully as she could, “Hire a van, throw all your stock and the pets in the back and bring it up here and do it soon.” Simone was overwhelmed and said, “Ok I’ll close the shop and come up on Sunday.” Marissa was over the moon and walked back to Dolly smiling.

When Marissa had finished updating Dolly on her phone call with Simone, Dolly said, “If she brings her two pets they will both have to be trained as whores and given to Charlotte. I don’t want them here. This house is going to be reserved for people who want to be in our family, and Silvia.” Marissa replied, “You make that sound as though she will not be part of it.” Dolly continued, “Silvia gave up that right when she stopped loving me and started hating me. You were right, her character is flawed.”

Marissa said, “What are you doing this evening? We could go out and eat.” Dolly replied, “I have to pick Silvia up at half past seven and June will not be back until half past nine. I know June wanted to keep her job but it is too inconvenient.” Marissa said, “June eats at work so we don’t have to consider her.” Dolly said, “I’m not ready to take Silvia out in public; she needs more props. I’ll go shopping tomorrow.” Marissa said, “Silvia will eat in the hospital tonight if you are not picking her up until after seven. Let’s go to the pub and get something to eat.” Dolly said, “I thought you were supposed to obey your mistress, me, not the other way around.” Marissa replied, “I’ll obey you if you put on your blue mac and take me to the pub to eat after I finish writing this note.” Dolly asked, “Why the blue one? What is wrong with the silver one?” Marissa said, “I don’t really care, I just wanted you to get ready, although the blue one looks nice with your choker.” Dolly said, “Ok you finish your writing and I’ll go and find a coat.” Dolly walked up stairs and thought, “I wonder where the remote for my choker is? I know where Silvia’s is.” She searched and found both of them so she put them away safely and put on her blue rubberised mackintosh. Returning to Marissa who was wearing her Maroon latex mackintosh, Marissa said, “That really suits you, it sets your hair off great. I just wish I had chosen it.”

Dolly locked the house and they walked arm in arm to the Nags Head. The girls behind the bar said, “Eating here again? It can’t be because you like the food.” Dolly replied, “The oven is on the blink.” The girl said, “You poor things, what will you have tonight?” Dolly replied, “Chicken curry and a large glass of red wine.” Marissa said, “I’ll have the steak and ale, pie chips and beans, and a pint of sweet cider.” The girl said, “Find a table and I’ll bring them over.” They sat at the table Dolly had sat at with Roland when he was playing with her clothing perception. Dolly thought, “That is never happening again.” The bargirl brought the drinks over and said, “The food will be about ten minutes.”

Marissa chatted about the additional items Bianca had delivered and what she would mark them down to in the New Year sale. Dolly commended her on thinking it through and asked when she would start the sale. Marissa said, “Probably Saturday, New Year’s Day.” The bar girl brought the food and said, “You two always come in wearing latex. Where can I buy it?” Marissa told her and mentioned the sale stating Saturday. The girl said she would be there.

Dolly finished her curry before Marissa and said, “I will leave you and go and collect Silvia.” On the way out she paid the bar girl for the food and drink and then walked out of the pub. Walking to the garage she met Doris and Rory on their way to the pub and stopped to chat for a while. By the time she changed her coat and reversed the car out of the garage, it was already seven thirty. Dolly arrived at the hospital after parking in the public car park at a quarter to eight and walking to Silvia’s room where she found a vision waiting. June and Maurine had made Silvia up to suit her costume. Her full head of wavy blond locks were fastened in two bunches, high on each side of her head and in her sparkling red shoes and school uniform, she looked divine.

As Dolly stepped into the room, Silvia said, “You are late, they have had the whole hospital in here to gawk at me.” Dolly replied, “I hope you smiled nicely. You do look like a picture. Now wait there a little longer while I thank the staff for looking after you.”

Silvia sat back down and Dolly walked to the nurse’s station. At the nurse’s station there were four nurses, June, Maurine and two, Dolly had never met. She thanked June and Maurine for preparing Silvia and then asked if any of the nurses there had any leave owing and would like to earn some extra cash. Maurine was the first to speak and said, “I am owed leave and I am trying to save up for a car. What would you want me to do?” Dolly replied, “I would want you to live in with us and look after Silvia.” Maurine said, “If I had my own room, you have found yourself a nurse.” Dolly said, “When can you start?” Maurine said, “At the end of this shift. How much will you pay?” Dolly said, “Half the value of the car you want and if you do a good job, I will pay you a bonus of the other half, providing you are not looking for an executive model.” Maurine said, “I only want a Mini and if you will excuse me, I need to pop along to the HR department.”

June said, “Are you sure you want Maurine, she seemed to take a delight in her work when she was punishing Silvia.” Dolly said, “She will do fine. I had hoped it would be you but she is the next best thing and after what you said, perhaps better.”

Before returning to Silvia, Dolly popped in to see Trisha and found Paul sitting beside the bed. Trisha said, “Thank you again Dolly, this is the third time you have come to my aid.” Paul said, “Please add my thanks to that. You have saved my life again too.”

Dolly said, “I like to see happy customers. Are you going to look after her and not put her to work before she is ready?” Paul replied, “Of course I will and if there is anything I can do for you, just ask.” Dolly said, “There is one thing you could do. During the fracas that caused Trisha to get hurt, both our office chairs were broken. Could you please provide two new one and dispose of the broken ones?” Paul said, “That I can do. I have office chairs in stock; I will bring two along in the morning.” Dolly thanked him and then returned to Silvia who was looking as though there was thunder behind her eyes. Dolly said, “Look at me like that again and you will be in diapers and baby clothes. A small child should always look innocent and happy.”

Silvia was crying inside her body as her expression changed to how Dolly had instructed. Dolly continued, “Stand up and let me look at you and do a twirl.” When Silvia had turned right around, Dolly picked up her PVC mackintosh and draped it around her shoulders.

Dolly then said, “Come on, I will take you home and as you pass Trisha’s room, I want you to apologise for being such an idiot.” As they walked down the corridor, Dolly stopped at Trish’s door and Silvia walked into the room and said, “Trisha, Paul, I am most humbly sorry for getting you involved it my stupidity. If there was any way I could repay you, I would but I think my life as it was is now over.” Dolly said, “Say goodbye Silvia, we are going.” Silvia said, “Goodbye and I am really sorry.” Silvia followed Dolly a few steps behind her all the way out to the car. At the car Dolly asked, “Which shoulder is it that is sore?” Silvia said, “The right one.” Dolly opened the left rear passenger door and said, “In you get, children are not allowed in the front.” Silvia slid in and Dolly pulled the seat belt across her left shoulder and plugged it in. As Dolly was leaning across her, Silvia said, “I realise what a fool I have been. When are you going to let me out of this silly uniform?” Dolly answered, “On your fiftieth birthday or when you say you’re sorry and ask for me to forgive you politely.”

Dolly got into the driver’s seat and Silvia said, “Dolly, I still love you and I am really, really sorry. Please will you f.f.f.f.f.” Dolly looked back and said, “It is a pity you cannot say the right words; it looks like it will be your fiftieth birthday,” and then started the engine and pulled out of the car park. She drove slowly back to the garage and after opening the door with the remote, pulled into her parking space. Dolly got out of the car after saying, “Stay there until I come and get you.” Dolly changed coats and walked around to Silvia’s door. When she opened it, she pointed to the cages and said, “Where would you prefer to sleep, in a cage or in a bed? Unfortunately we don’t have a child’s bed yet so if you choose bed it will have to be a big one.” Silvia said, “Dolly, it is still me, you said you loved me once.” Dolly replied, “We all make mistakes, so you must never remind me of that again. Now, have you decided?” Silvia appealed, “Bed please”. Dolly unfastened the seat belt and Silvia got out of the car. Dolly changed coats and then moved into the street and pointed the remote at the door. Silvia ran to join her as the door came down.

They walked around to the house in silence and after Dolly unlocked the door, she allowed Silvia to enter first. Dolly closed the door and said, “Now there are some rules that you follow at all times. First, you are not allowed up these stairs, your bed will be in number six, so upstairs in number 4 is out of bounds to you and so are the sitting room, kitchen and conservatory. You will live in number 6; you will eat, steep and be schooled in number six. Here, let me take off your choker, a silver one does not suit your uniform.” Silvia remembered her programme for Dolly and thought, “If she doesn’t give me the black one, what will happen.” She did not feel any different until Dolly walked though into the number six sitting room and found it full of boxes. “Silvia intended to say to Dolly ‘what are these’ but what came out was “Mummy, what are these?” Dolly said, “Someone has moved into my bed who will love me as a woman should. These are from her flat and they haven’t been sorted yet. This room will be your class room by the time you are better. Until then, you will stay in your room except when your nurse takes you to the bathroom or the kitchen to eat.” Dolly took her upstairs and into the back bedroom and as Silvia sat on the bed, said, “You are forbidden to leave this room on your own. Your nurse must accompany you whenever you leave it. I will get you proper furniture when the sales start and something for you to play with. What would you like?”

Silvia did not want to say anything but her body said, “A doll’s house please.” Dolly said, “Very well, your nurse should be here soon so stay here and wait for her.” Dolly then went down the stairs and back into number four. Silvia walked to the door, but her body would not cross the threshold. She stamped her foot and then went and lay on the bed.

Marissa was sitting in the kitchen with a cup of coffee and said, “Was that Silvia I heard?” Dolly replied, “Silvia is in this choker, what went up stairs was Sylvie.” Marissa said, “What are you going to do with that?” Dolly put her foot on the peddle, of the peddle bin, and as the lid opened, she dropped it into the bin.

End of Chapter 29